Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

She makes too much money to have rehab paid for by insurance. AND the insurance that will pay for it....NO WAY will she stay at that facility. They are 100 times worse than a homeless shelter. I know because I had to help my gf find a place for her son.  The places that are somewhat affordable are f-ing scary!!!!!!!!!  She ended up sending her son to AZ for an unbelievable amount of money. 

I think it's Marysol (not Elsa)

Exactly, back when health insurance was awesome, I knew a girl (minor) that developed a "crack" habit. She really was the sweetest girl - parents were well to do, she was quiet and had an asthma problem. Have NO idea how she got into CRACK!!! Anyway, they had great insurance and she was a minor - it paid nothing - same as having elective plastic surgery - this is out of pocket. They ended up selling one of their properties to cover the cost.

The places that I know of that are somewhat covered are "out patient" facilities and you are 100% correct - they are scary!

I'm picturing Luann - Can you believe it girls, I'm on line at the Methadone Clinic

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 9
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly, back when health insurance was awesome, I knew a girl (minor) that developed a "crack" habit. She really was the sweetest girl - parents were well to do, she was quiet and had an asthma problem. Have NO idea how she got into CRACK!!! Anyway, they had great insurance and she was a minor - it paid nothing - same as having elective plastic surgery - this is out of pocket. They ended up selling on of their properties to cover the cost.

The places that I know of that are somewhat covered are "out patient" facilities and you are 100% correct - they are scary!

I'm picturing Luann - Can you believe it girls, I'm on line at the Methadone Clinic

LMAO!!!

• Love 8

Under the 2008 Parity Act Insurance Carriers are not allowed to discriminate.  

The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA) is a federal law that generally prevents group health plans and health insurance issuers that provide mental health or substance use disorder benefits from imposing less favorable benefit limitations on those benefits than on medical/surgical benefits.

Understand your parity rights, and use tools to help you access care and work with your 

http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/treatment/insurance

I have no idea where Luann is getting treatment and Ramona, who usually knows everything has not weighed in.   Prior to admission, they do ensure you will be covered and/ or ask that you obtain financing-yes there are lenders who lend for rehab.  

Luann isn't broke, and the fact she hasn't had a separate pl ace in NYC for the past two seasons (she stayed with Sonja for the first part of one season and then moved in with Tom)is really not indicative of her financial status.  They film maybe 14 days or less in NYC.  Last year they were in The Hamptons, Vermont, Mexico, The Berkshires. Most of the away shoots covered two or more episodes.  

Tinsley never got anything more than a hotel room last season and called it home.  If I only spent two weeks filming in NYC I don;t know I would plop down for any type of lease-hotels aren't just for picking men in their bars up-they do have people who actually stay when away from home.  

Here's Dorinda thinking of Luann:  

Cheers, Dorinda.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

She makes too much money to have rehab paid for by insurance. AND the insurance that will pay for it....NO WAY will she stay at that facility. They are 100 times worse than a homeless shelter. I know because I had to help my gf find a place for her son.  The places that are somewhat affordable are f-ing scary!!!!!!!!!  She ended up sending her son to AZ for an unbelievable amount of money. 

43 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly, back when health insurance was awesome, I knew a girl (minor) that developed a "crack" habit. She really was the sweetest girl - parents were well to do, she was quiet and had an asthma problem. Have NO idea how she got into CRACK!!! Anyway, they had great insurance and she was a minor - it paid nothing - same as having elective plastic surgery - this is out of pocket. They ended up selling one of their properties to cover the cost.

This is incorrect. The Mental Health Parity Act amended by the Affordable Care Act says that insurance has to cover mental health and substance abuse treatment and can't apply weird restrictions or copays for mental health or substance treatment.  There are some exceptions and Luann's health plan might fall into one of those exceptions, but in general mental health and substance treatment is covered.

https://www.cms.gov/cciio/programs-and-initiatives/other-insurance-protections/mhpaea_factsheet.html

Additionally, no one makes too much for insurance. That is literally not a thing. Anyone is free to purchase insurance although some individuals choose not to for a variety of reasons.

Jinx. @zoeysmom and I posting at nearly the same time.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Under the 2008 Parity Act Insurance Carriers are not allowed to discriminate.  

The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA) is a federal law that generally prevents group health plans and health insurance issuers that provide mental health or substance use disorder benefits from imposing less favorable benefit limitations on those benefits than on medical/surgical benefits.

Understand your parity rights, and use tools to help you access care and work with your 

http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/treatment/insurance

I have no idea where Luann is getting treatment and Ramona, who usually knows everything has not weighed in.   Prior to admission, they do ensure you will be covered and/ or ask that you obtain financing-yes there are lenders who lend for rehab.  

Luann isn't broke, and the fact she hasn't had a separate pl ace in NYC for the past two seasons (she stayed with Sonja for the first part of one season and then moved in with Tom)is really not indicative of her financial status.  They film maybe 14 days or less in NYC.  Last year they were in The Hamptons, Vermont, Mexico, The Berkshires. Most of the away shoots covered two or more episodes.  

Tinsley never got anything more than a hotel room last season and called it home.  If I only spent two weeks filming in NYC I don;t know I would plop down for any type of lease-hotels aren't just for picking men in their bars up-they do have people who actually stay when away from home.  

Here's Dorinda thinking of Luann:  

Cheers, Dorinda.

I'm not seeing how this is a "thinking of Luann" moment, unless you're joking ZM.  Even Dorinda should know that "cheers"ing someone who's claiming to have alcohol issues is a bad move.  I'm assuming you're joking.  Any idea who Dorinda's friend is?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait, what?  I haven't heard about this. Lu can't afford rehab? 

IMO, this is nothing more than a poster speculating or trying to be funny. There is nothing out there that even suggests Luann is broke or can't afford rehab. LOL

• Love 6

I'm not seeing how this is a "thinking of Luann" moment, unless you're joking ZM.  Even Dorinda should know that "cheers"ing someone who's claiming to have alcohol issues is a bad move.  I'm assuming you're joking.  Any idea who Dorinda's friend is?

I guess none of the HWs are supposed to post any pics of themselves having a drink (or fun) to show they are in solidarity with Luann until she gets out of rehab or something?

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I am joking.  

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Has there been talk of renaming the thread?  I suggest:  No longer a Countess, No longer a wife.

or guilty until I blow my way innocent?

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

And we still have the threaten to kill. Drunk or not she will pay for that.

When Luann locked herself in the bathroom, do you think she was pulling a Kim Richards and "flushing" stuff down the toilet?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 13

Hmmmm....IDK.Why else would someone do that? I would not be surprised a bit if she does blow on occasion. Just a guess.  But she did try to escape too. All this stuff and I'm not the least bit bothered that she shagged whoever. It's all about the way she handled it.

• Love 7
Just now, FairyDusted said:

Hmmmm....IDK.Why else would someone do that? I would not be surprised a bit if she does blow on occasion. Just a guess.  But she did try to escape too. All this stuff and I'm not the least bit bothered that she shagged whoever. It's all about the way she handled it.

It's probably why she threatened to kill them. She was forced to get rid of her stash.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

LMAO!!!!! INTERVENTION worthy!

I guess Luann can claim that she is now a Federal Correctional Consultant for People Magazine.

Her branding of the "Countess" has been a flop. It gives them all a great excuse to drop her product and they can sue her, sort of like what they do to the athletes when they are caught doing something illegal. What is the phrase I'm thinking of? When Michael Vicks sponsors dropped him - when the dog fight scandal came out, and then Tiger Woods sponsors dropped him - when he said he was a sex addict?

She should do a sequel to her book, Class A Felony With The Countess

Chapter One -

Committing Felonies with Flair

Chapter Two -

How To Get The Ring and Lose a Man in 7 months

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I am joking.  

Thought so.  ;-)

1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

And we still have the threaten to kill. Drunk or not she will pay for that.

I'm not so sure.  Affluent middle-aged white woman?  I'm thinking she will get community service that she will blow off until the last minute, then make a big deal about her "charitable" endeavors.  I remember her lessons to the inter-city children on etiquette.  Painful.

Edited by RedheadZombie
More thoughts.
  • Love 11
On 1/6/2018 at 3:03 PM, Martinigirl said:

My friend called BFord and the insurance company would only cover out patient. She found this with most places. 

This statement makes no sense. This is actually what I do for a living and specifically, mental health and substance abuse (substance use disorder)* law and policy for more than fifteen years. The amount that a health care provider chooses to charge and the payors they choose to accept is something that occurs entirely separate from what the insurance company will pay. A provider can choose to not accept insurance. An insurer can choose to pay only to selected providers.

Furthermore, the aforementioned Acts are fairly clear that if an insurer covers inpatient physical health treatment, they have to cover the equivalent inpatient mental health and substance abuse treatment.

Finally even if one does not have insurance, there are usually free or low cost inpatient rehab beds available through Medicaid, the Mental Health and Substance Abuse Block Grant, and charity. It's not Betty Ford, but there are inpatient rehab options available.

*This is actually the preferred term.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think Luann will get any "jail" time. Community service possibly, but I think it will just be a slap on the wrist. I hope the hotel guests of that room sue her.

If you get a chance, listen to the first 20 minutes of the VPR podcast #610.

They have breaking news with Ramona holding a press conference for Luann - LOL

https://soundcloud.com/watch-what-crappens/610-pumprules-for-whom-the-taco-bell-tolls

OMG, that was funny as shit

Starts really at minute 5 and goes on until minute 19, their impersonation of Ramona's as Luann's spoke person is hilarious.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Wendy said:

OMG, that was funny as shit

Starts really at minute 5 and goes on until minute 19, their impersonation of Ramona's as Luann's spoke person is hilarious.

There's a little bit throughout that podcast - with "breaking news"

Towards the end they dissect Luann's Instagram post from the New Year. Then I think Ben says, hey wait a minute can you Instagram, Tweet or be on Social Media in general when you are in rehab? I thought you were secluded from all outside communications the first few weeks

KFB Exclusive Photo: Luann's original Instagram post that was deleted

cheers-luann-rhony.gif?w=480

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait, what?  I haven't heard about this. Lu can't afford rehab? 

The centers that her insurance can cover are probably not up to her Countess standards.

I can't even imagine Luann socializing with the "plebe" 

The rehab center that Luann would go would be in the likes of the very expensive ones so if she wants those she will have to pay out of pocket. Not sure about her financial situation but I am assuming that for her children's sake the Count might be footing the bill. 

• Love 4

I'm no expert but in my eye-opening experience regarding inpatient rehab treatment, there's a TON of red tape. Calling directly to the rehab facilities lets you know the exact cost and term for each treatment level, what's included, and what's extra.  (I focused on in-network providers.  Out-of-network costs were prohibitive.)

Then I called the insurance company directly to request a patient's advocate.  The advocate knows the entire process and all the somewhat confusing terms for the various levels of treatment and what's covered for how long.  There also had to be "proof of need" for inpatient treatment (as opposed to outpatient), which involved endless phone calls and paperwork, and consent due to HIPPA laws.  After admission, everything is updated on a regular basis between the facility/medical team and the insurance, as coverage had to continuously be re-approved.  At the time, it seemed like a full-time job (but for a good cause of course).

If the patient has already been diagnosed with some type of "issue" such as ADD, social anxiety, etc., then it may be best to find a good place offering dual diagnosis treatment, although we ended up with a strictly rehab program, followed up by outpatient individual/group treatment, followed up by regular doc visits (and yes, there were a few bumps along the way but the outcome has been extremely successful).

Anyway, I'm not saying Luann is an alcoholic, but she's at least self-medicating IMO.  I wish her success in her treatment.

• Love 9

I am so late to the party. I didn't know anything about Luann's arrest until I read it in People magazine today. Surprised, not surprised. 

A few pages back I read that the count is disgusted with Luann's behaviour and wants her to drop his name. Which has me wondering, how would the count go about forcing Luann to stop using his name? I get that she went back to it because it is her children's name, but more importantly she wanted to hold on to the countess moniker even though she gave it up to marry TomCat. (I don't think if her previous husband was Joe Blow she would have returned to the surname of Blow). So I presume there is a way he can force her to give up his name, and go back to her maiden name? At least until she finds her next husband.

Mario Singer's referral of Luann as Countless seems apt. Though Classless is more appropriate. I wonder if Luann will be singing "Money Can't Buy You Class" in her upcoming (maybe) act? 

Edited to add - I posted before I read page 34 where Luann's use of her previous married name was discussed. Interesting that she never changed her surname to Tom's, though she did use it. (I get that the marriage was so short there likely wasn't time to change everything, but am surprised she didn't at least change some things). She has to really have been kicking herself over the last half year that she did give up her right to use Countess, even if she still does use De Lesseps. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2
On 1/6/2018 at 6:26 PM, SoCal4Us said:

There also had to be "proof of need" for inpatient treatment (as opposed to outpatient), which involved endless phone calls and paperwork, and consent due to HIPAA laws.  After admission, everything is updated on a regular basis between the facility/medical team and the insurance, as coverage had to continuously be re-approved.  At the time, it seemed like a full-time job (but for a good cause of course).

That's part of the CMS conditions of participation in order to receive payment from Medicaid and Medicare. For every patient, the provider needs to document and demonstrate that the patient needs an inpatient level of care--that they meet medical necessity. Private insurance has adopted similar requirements because it just makes things easier for them. Tricare has similar requirements.

If the patient has already been diagnosed with some type of "issue" such as ADD, social anxiety, etc., then it may be best to find a good place offering dual diagnosis treatment, although we ended up with a strictly rehab program, followed up by outpatient individual/group treatment, followed up by regular doc visits (and yes, there were a few bumps along the way but the outcome has been extremely successful).

Anyway, I'm not saying Luann is an alcoholic, but she's at least self-medicating IMO.  I wish her success in her treatment.

I've always felt that Luann is self-medicating.

Edited by HunterHunted
It's HIPAA not HIPPA
  • Love 8

So I presume there is a way he can force her to give up his name, and go back to her maiden name? At least until she finds her next husband.

Legally, I don't think there's any way he can force the point, especially if she did the legal name change when she married him. Even if she didn't bother with the paperwork (and that seems unlikely) she's been using that name for years and years.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Legally, I don't think there's any way he can force the point, especially if she did the legal name change when she married him. Even if she didn't bother with the paperwork (and that seems unlikely) she's been using that name for years and years.

I wrote that before I read that she never changed her name from De Lesseps to Tom's surname when she married Tom. So it is still her legal name, apparently. Though I don't think she can use the name Countess regardless since she did remarry, no matter how briefly. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Has there been talk of renaming the thread?  I suggest:  No longer a Countess, No longer a wife.

"From the palais to the penthouse to the pokey, my life remains an aspirational adventure."

• Love 15
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

That's part of the CMS conditions of participation in order to receive payment from Medicaid and Medicare. For every patient, the provider needs to document and demonstrate that the patient needs an inpatient level of care--that they meet medical necessity. Private insurance has adopted similar requirements because it just makes things easier for them. Tricare has similar requirements.

I have felt the same way about Luann and self-medicating.   I often times believe some of her most unaware comments come from her drinking mindset and hungover state, very defensive and not entirely rational.  Over the years there have been a few comments about how she had a high tolerance for alcohol and this past season I think we all so it caught up with her.  She might not have been drinking more but the effects set in earlier.  All one has to do is look at her decision regarding Tom.  It seemed very alcohol fueled from onset to dissolution.  

5 hours ago, Leroux said:

The centers that her insurance can cover are probably not up to her Countess standards.

I can't even imagine Luann socializing with the "plebe" 

The rehab center that Luann would go would be in the likes of the very expensive ones so if she wants those she will have to pay out of pocket. Not sure about her financial situation but I am assuming that for her children's sake the Count might be footing the bill. 

One of the things that happens in most accredited rehab centers is they want everyone to be at the same level and come together over their mutual issue of substance abuse.   It involves breaking down patients' facades.  Along the lines of putting on pants one leg at a time.  There is usually not a lot of pampering or catering to fussy celebrity or executive types.  Since we have no idea where Luann is seeking treatment it is hard to determine even what type of program she is in or even which state she is in.  She could be in Switzerland for all we know.  Many rehab facilities do a focus on certain types of patients-some are gender oriented, others are directed at younger patients.  

Luann doesn't seem to have all that much trouble associating with people from all walks of life.  Granted she seemed to bristle at sharing a bathroom with strangers but she usually seems far lower maintenance than say Ramona.  We see her RH schtick, but she comes from a large regular middle class family who she seems to have close ties. Luann is not stupid when it comes to money I am sure she has cut a few Teresa Giudice type deals with Bravo.  

When the show airs in April I will be interested to see how the others react to Luann's situation.  Will they treat Luann's situation as a moral failure or will they attempt to empathize with her plight?  Or will they just hope the situation doesn't have to be addressed and the producers will retire Luann's apple for the season?

On an unrelated note-I wondered if perhaps Luann was trying to close the bathroom door because she wasn't dressed.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Yep to all that. I've never worked in a substance abuse center but I've worked in both inpatient rehabs and psychiatric facilities and it is a general CMS (Medicare) requirement that the need of care has to be at the level of requiring inpatient care. Same with home health services. You can't get home health just because it is more convenient for you.  You have to actually be homebound.  Streamlining those regulations to go across service types made it a lot easier for all of us who might work in multiple settings. Private insurance almost always follows Medicare regulations. 

Lu has been self-medicating for awhile.  So is Sonja, IMO (and I'm side-eyeing Ramona too). The only ones that I don't really wonder about having a drinking problem at Bethenny and Carole. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

On an unrelated note-I wondered if perhaps Luann was trying to close the bathroom door because she wasn't dressed.  

By all accounts, first there was an argument with the housecleaning person, then the lady called and waited for the hotel security, another argument, then they waited for the police to arrive. Many, many minutes have passed and arguments with two different people, I can't imagine that Luann was having these arguments while being naked.

For some reason that idea that just doesn't make sense to me. Then again we are talking about Luann. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Wendy said:

By all accounts, first there was an argument with the housecleaning person, then the lady called and waited for the hotel security, another argument, then they waited for the police to arrive. Many, many minutes have passed and arguments with two different people, I can't imagine that Luann was having these arguments while being naked.

For some reason that idea that just doesn't make sense to me. Then again we are talking about Luann. 

I have a hard time making sense of the story because there doesn't seem to be a cogent account.  Why would the housekeeper know who belongs in the room?  These are rhetorical questions.  I have no doubt Luann was obstinate about vacating the room.  It is the defense's job to reconcile the accounts.  The court did not make this into a big deal as evidenced by granting Luann OR. 

Time will tell. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I have a hard time making sense of the story because there doesn't seem to be a cogent account.  Why would the housekeeper know who belongs in the room?  These are rhetorical questions.  I have no doubt Luann was obstinate about vacating the room.  It is the defense's job to reconcile the accounts.  The court did not make this into a big deal as evidenced by granting Luann OR. 

Time will tell. 

One article I read stated that Security was alerted by the actual occupants of the room. She entered the room because Housekeeping was doing the turndown service and proceeded to get busy with the random dude. Then supposedly the people who belonged in the room came in, then called security. Not sure if that is true or not, as some of the information has been a but confusing. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

One article I read stated that Security was alerted by the actual occupants of the room. She entered the room because Housekeeping was doing the turndown service and proceeded to get busy with the random dude. Then supposedly the people who belonged in the room came in, then called security. Not sure if that is true or not, as some of the information has been a but confusing. 

Here is the actual Police report,  https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/luann-de-lesseps-police-report-docs-signed.pdf  , and there is no mention of the rooms real occupants notifying housekeeping or security. It states that HK was turning down the bed when Luann/unknown guy entered, not that the real room occupant(s) caught them and called security. There are so many rumors going around by the tabloids/bloggers because none of them want to fact check first anymore. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
On 1/6/2018 at 8:29 PM, HunterHunted said:

Yep, found that out when she was told her son had to go to a chit hole facility first and then RELAPSE before they could even consider taking him.  WTF?!!!!  ...and he had good insurance. 

Same chit happened with my MIL...assisted living community - $9000 a month, insurance pays &7000. Guess what, she fell and the top rated facility decided she needs 14 hour a day visiting nurse care. 14 hours times $25, 7 days a week, basically another &9000 a month THAT INSURANCE DOES NOT PAY.  

Everything sounds great on paper........

Very curious where LuAnn checked into. 

• Love 7

Perhaps housekeeping had met the room occupants earlier? I’ve been in my room when housekeeping have arrived, or we have crossed paths. Especially if you are in the room for more than one night. It’s not surprising for me that housekeeping staff knew Luanne was not the room occupant.

• Love 3
On 1/6/2018 at 0:59 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wouldn't Obamacare pay for a big chunk of rehab? I thought that was how it worked (fortunately I've never had to find out). 

Either way, people out there find ways to pay for treatment. Luann can do so as well. She could at least enter a 12 step program or something. Those are typically free.  That is if she intends to stop drinking, which may not necessarily be the case.

I could see Luann hooking up with a private shrink who determines her incident of drunkenness was an isolated event brought on by stress and treating that condition with therapy, this rather than declaring herself to be an alcoholic and totally going on the wagon.

I guess I'm just not sure the countess is really ready to give up alcohol entirely ... it seems to be a big part of her social scene, one she may not be willing to part with so fast. 

Obamacare does require insurance to cover rehab.  I don’t know how well, my company plan pays only 50%, in network.  Lord knows how many/few places are in network.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was too expensive for her, and maybe she would be better served by AA.  

• Love 2

It sounds like we are lucky to have many people on this forum that have a lot of experience and knowledge about rehab and the specific laws/requirements surrounding coverage. Thanks to all for the information. I am lucky enough to never have needed to do any research. Correct me if I am wrong, but from the media coverage surrounding the current crisis, my understanding is that there is a tragically low amount of help available in some cases. That many rehab centers are full of people needing help and it can be hard to find a place to go. Now, we are probably talking about the average person with average resources, and maybe it is much easier to find help if you have the money (doesn't sound like insurance covers the whole thing) and the resources to find a place. I wonder if Luann is having trouble finding an acceptable place to take her right now? I am sure she would want something on par with what she thinks acceptable to The Countess, but it could be possible that a place like that might be out of her price range? Or that they just don't have the room for her right now? Understand, I am basically clueless on this topic. 

Edited by gundysgirl
  • Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I wrote that before I read that she never changed her name from De Lesseps to Tom's surname when she married Tom. So it is still her legal name, apparently. Though I don't think she can use the name Countess regardless since she did remarry, no matter how briefly. 

She had to know it wouldn't last! She went ahead with that wedding; having little to do with love! It was more about ego and I have little to no sympathy for the woman! She's so full of herself, no one cares! ;-(

• Love 4
On 1/6/2018 at 1:03 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Alex was right about Luann De LeThug

giphy.gif

LOL, yes, Alex was 100% right about Luann!!

I just wish I could hear Alex's honest opinion about Luann's latest escapades, I bet she has many things to say about her. 

That is one of the things that I disliked the most about Luann during the first seasons, how awful she was to Luann and Bethenny, it was for no other reason as to their social status and lack of money and connections. Bethenny had a mouth and would put her in her place but Alex lots of times took the brunt of her insults and I hated that. 

Luann was so dismissive of Alex, she was condescending, she was rude, she would get off the fact that Alex would never be at her level, she was absolutely awful to Alex on that trip to Morocco, the one that Luann "hosted" 

How the tables have turned. I wish Alex would hit the Megalotto and could come back to RHNYC just to see how Luann would gravel all over her. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

It sounds like we are lucky to have many people on this forum that have a lot of experience and knowledge about rehab and the specific laws/requirements surrounding coverage. Thanks to all for the information. I am lucky enough to never have needed to do any research. Correct me if I am wrong, but from the media coverage surrounding the current crisis, my understanding is that there is a tragically low amount of help available in some cases. That many rehab centers are full of people needing help and it can be hard to find a place to go. Now, we are probably talking about the average person with average resources, and maybe it is much easier to find help if you have the money (doesn't sound like insurance covers the whole thing) and the resources to find a place. I wonder if Luann is having trouble finding an acceptable place to take her right now? I am sure she would want something on par with what she thinks acceptable to The Countess, but it could be possible that a place like that might be out of her price range? Or that they just don't have the room for her right now? Understand, I am basically clueless on this topic. 

The Morgan Home for Wayward Ex-Wives of Nobility has 2 openings:

One is a third floor walk up with private entrance at a cost of $3000 a month

The second is a room with stuffed animals.

The De Lesseps Dorm Room has standing room only in the closet space

• Love 10