Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I have yet to hear someone of privilege say they felt guilty about it, ever! LOL

My dear, Wire Wrap ... I'm so privileged that I HAVE to work every day  with no retirement in sight ... I get the finger pointed at me every time something goes wrong when I have nothing to do with 'it' ... it happens so often that I now say that I am responsible for world hunger ...  oh, wait ... that's not the kind of privileged you are talking about, is it?  :D

Actually at the risk of getting in trouble for OT ... just wanted to say hi and hope all is well with you and your's.  I bet that granddaughter of your's is getting big now.  Still doing the Wednesday thing with her?

To all here ... hope your holiday was great and Happy New Year!  I enjoy reading all of your opinions.  Thank you. 

• Love 5

I saw an article in the Daily Mail saying that the Count wants LuAnn to stop using the DeLesseps name.  I realize this is the DM, but does anyone think there is any truth to that?  If so, I think it's a pretty nasty thing for him to say.  He hasn't exactly been a model of propriety himself.  Way to kick the mother of your children while she's down.  I hope it's not true. 

• Love 5

Well, they're divorced and she's been using his title and his name and has since gotten arrested for public drunken behavior. If he's kicking her while she's down, it's only because she got drunk and belligerent and assaulted a cop all by herself. How awful, her actions in public have public consequences. While the Count is hardly a shining saint of decorum, the mother of his children, with his name attached is currently on record with "I'm gonna fucking kill you all". The reality is that she's very unlikely to get jail time, she's not going to lose her job, she's basically going to get patted on the head for admitting herself to rehab... so I have to be honest, since she's unlikely to be punished in any real sense, a little public shaming over her shameful behavior seems just.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Normades said:

I saw an article in the Daily Mail saying that the Count wants LuAnn to stop using the DeLesseps name.  I realize this is the DM, but does anyone think there is any truth to that?  If so, I think it's a pretty nasty thing for him to say.  He hasn't exactly been a model of propriety himself.  Way to kick the mother of your children while she's down.  I hope it's not true. 

No, I highly doubt it is true. First, the Count avoids the press when possible. Second, like you pointed out, his own behavior is pretty bad. I also don't think their kids would tolerate him throwing Luann under the bus either.

• Love 4

There's also no way he can legally insist she change her name, so it's not a valid point. Technically I don't think he can stop her from calling herself Countess de Lessups.... its just kinda sad since its not much of a title to begin with and with her divorce and remarriage to someone else, I suspect its a faux pas for her to insist on the title.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

My guess is he probably said something like "you are shaming the family name". 

If he said anything, yeah, that's probably how it went down.

And it's beyond ironic, since he already throroughly shamed the name himself through his anti-Semitism (I'll take humping-while-stewed over hating-on-the-jew any day). 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, film noire said:

If he said anything, yeah, that's probably how it went down.

And it's beyond ironic, since he already throroughly shamed the name himself through his anti-Semitism (I'll take humping-while-stewed over hating-on-the-jew anyday). 

Sounds like a made up story. Said it before say it again. . . the guy has no desire to kick the mother of his children when she is down.  They are friends, the kids weathered Tom, he is gone so there is no upside.  Columnist making stuff up.  

• Love 7
On 01/01/2018 at 8:32 AM, Chicklet said:

Ok not exactly on topic but kind of is- is sex addiction really a thing? I know celebrities go to rehab for "sex addiction" in the press.

If Lu wasn't drinking too much would she be sleeping with these men? It would take a general anesthetic for me to consider Tom, just sayin.

I've never believed its a real thing, make or female. All that drinking does, is makes one lose their inhibitions .I didn't like Tom, but Sonja said he was good in bed, didn't she. Although Sonja has been known to fib now and then.lol

I also didnt like Bethennys squeeze, he looked like Tom, and was married, but separated..

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Luann also seems to have gotten quite drunk down in PB last weekend (how soon they forget LOL) plus there were the stories written about her behavior before she was a Real Housewife - grabbing the mic to sing, some kind of physical altercation with the count in a parking lot. All alleged to be drunken shenanigans. Her reputation as a drinker seems well known among the other housewives. Then there are all the hints and references to her hooking up with a number of men, not to mention what has actually been shown of her picking up pirates and married men on trips and in bars. 

All that to say I really can't say that I'm entirely surprised she ran into some serious trouble with men and alcohol. Granted the scale of what she's alleged to have done is rather shocking - it' the fighting with police that really puts it over the top. That's what got her arrested. But as far as the rest of it goes .... I can't say I'm terribly surprised.

If only Luann had just walked out of that hotel room when she was asked to by the maid or by the security guard or by the police officer ...none of this would have happened. She would not have been arrested, it never would have been in the news. Kind of makes you wonder how many times she was actually just barely sober enough to follow directions and managed to avoid being arrested LOL just kidding but seriously .... this behavior with her did not come out of nowhere. I think it's been escalating for a long time and finally just blew up right in her face. Hopefully she will get get real help. She obviously needs it.

It kind of bothers me (in general) that woman tend to push male cops a little harder because they're sure their genitalia is going to protect them.  I'm 5'9, so I've always been conscientious of my height.  But here's Lu, 5'10", built like a linebacker, quite possibly outweighing the cops, and she's in their faces screaming, and violently pushing and shoving things.  She's lucky she wasn't tased and put in a near-death headlock.  The fact that she wouldn't shut the fuck up with her entitlement, and screaming threats, and then breaking free of restraints and running like a mad ape.  She was just begging to be shot, and yet she's bailed out.  It pisses me off. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Normades said:

How exactly is that kicking LuAnn when she's down?  They are divorced and LuAnn has since remarried and she has referred to herself as Mrs. D'Agostino.  Legally, she has no right to the DeLesseps name.

• Love 7
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 0:09 AM, gundysgirl said:

Exactly. Which is one reason I never believed she just made out with that guy on the patio outside. She said to Carole later "I could have had a man in my room. How would that have looked to my kids"? And then something shitty to Carole about her not understanding this because Carole didn't have any kids. Sorry Luann, but your kids already knew all about you. She had had a guy in her room but was smart enough to get him the hell out of there before the camera crews came around. Anyone doubt this based on what we already knew then and have learned since?

The other thing about that deal that brings this all into more focus was when Heather said something like "wouldn't you be afraid if you woke up and there was a strange man in your room"? To which Luann famously shrugged and responded, "not really". Not really indeed. Practice apparently makes perfect. The very idea that she was unable to understand why this might make someone else uncomfortable was the thing that was so shocking about that whole situation. 

I respect every parent's desire to shelter their children and set a good example, but seriously, sometimes the cow has already been let out of the barn.  Lu very happily told the story of ditching the rich man she was living with, to run off with the richer guy with the title.  And not having seen the earlier seasons, didn't Victoria injure herself sneaking out of the house, get caught on tape spewing racist slurs, and already have one DUI under her belt?  Something tells me she's learned from her parents' examples pretty well.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, twilightzone said:

How exactly is that kicking LuAnn when she's down?  They are divorced and LuAnn has since remarried and she has referred to herself as Mrs. D'Agostino.  Legally, she has no right to the DeLesseps name.

LuAnn has a right to the DeLesseps name.  I don't know if she changed her name legally to D'Agostino, but she has a right to go back to the name she used for over 20 years which is also the name of her children.  I'm not going to do the math, but she was probably a DeLesseps almost as long as she was a Nadeau, possibly longer.  The marriage to Tom was a disaster, so I don't think she should have to use his name or go back to a name she hasn't used in decades.  I've had my married name longer than my maiden name.  If I got divorced, married a twit for months, and divorced the twit, I think I have the right to the name I've used most of my life.

As far as kicking someone when they are down, she is definitely in a bad place, and yes I realize she has made the decisions that brought her there.  I hope the article about the name was just some reporter making up salacious stories and her family is supporting her.  She needs to get help and get her life together.  These aren't the actions of a healthy, happy person.

Women have historically changed their names upon marriage.  I don't think last names should be another tool used against women.  She married the man, had his children and has the right to the name if she wants to use it.  I hope if anything was said by the Count it was done in a way to get her to realize she needs to clean up her life and make her family proud.

• Love 13

Where there's a smidge of an issue is if she never officially changed her name to De Lessups. I think that's unlikely since when she was married it was just how things were done. But if she never formally changed from Nadeu to Delessups, then the Count might have an argument. He might also have an argument if she did change her name upon her newest marriage.

• Love 1

Yolanda Foster changed her name to Yolanda Hadid after divorcing David.  She had been divorced from Mohamed for years.  She was married to Foster for five years and in fact developed a public persona with his name.  

Luann said she never legally changed her name and de Lesseps was on her credit cards, bank accounts etc.  The Count doesn't own his last name, he has no legal standing to say by which name Luann goes by.   

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Normades said:

I don't think last names should be another tool used against women.  

Amen (women get enough grief around their names, whether they change their name /don't change their name/hyphenate/create a new name merging both surnames of partners).

I hope if anything was said by the Count it was done in a way to get her to realize she needs to clean up her life and make her family proud.

If the Count said anything close to what was claimed (won't say "reported" because it's a gossip rag ; ) then if nothing else, he's a really shitty father.

• Love 8

I never changed my name, and it seemed to confuse some government agencies beyond all reason.  We would get letters from the Social Security people every year, asking me to confirm my identity.  My husband finally wrote a poem about celebrities like Marilyn DiMaggio and Sophia Ponti to try to make the point for them.  He sent them a copy of the same poem every year till they quit demanding to know who I was.

But the legal fact, as I've always understood it, is that you can call yourself Count Chocula--or I guess that would be Countess Chocula in this example--or Minnie Mouse or Chef Boyardee or anything else you want to call yourself, as long as you don't do it for fraudulent purposes.  Since LuAnn clearly isn't using the name to commit fraud, I think she's totally within her rights, regardless of whether or not her ex is telling her to stop.

• Love 9

I've known two women who both kept their first husbands' names when they remarried. Their kids were grown and out of the house so it wasn't a question of confusion for the kids. I kept my maiden name and my friend regretted changing her name because a) it was an ugly last name that didn't have a nice ring to it compared to her maiden and b) the hassle of changing it back

ETA: Forgot to say that I do hate it when a female celebrity changes her name when they get married only to change it back when they divorce. Rebecca Romijn Stamos (why doesn't she use O'Connell? Her children have the name but she used Stamos for awhile and they had no kids) And Courtney Cox Arquette aback to just Cox, ugh the list goes on and on. I blame Meredith Baxter then Baxter Birney then back to Baxter for starting this trend. If women in the 40's and 50's kept their stage names (Lucille Ball, Betty Grable, Ava Gardner Elizabeth Taylor, Zsa Zsa Gabor) then so can modern women. Can you imagine if some of those women who were married 5-8 times kept changing their names????

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 5

"If the Count said anything close to what was claimed (won't say "reported" because it's a gossip rag ; ) then if nothing else, he's a really shitty father." Why? Because he disapproves of his ex's behavior and dares to comment publically (maybe) where his adult children might see? Or where others might see? Whether the Count is an asshole himself (that's my opinion of him) it doesn't change the fact that Luan got drunk while trawling a bar for a one night stand and got arrested for drunk and disorderly and for screaming how she was gonna kill a fucking cop. She behaved badly. Her ex husband is just like the rest of us, he's allowed to note how her behavior was shitty. Whether he's a shitty dad is for Noel and Victoria to decide... and I suspect neither are happy with Luann's antics.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

"If the Count said anything close to what was claimed (won't say "reported" because it's a gossip rag ; ) then if nothing else, he's a really shitty father."

Why? Because he disapproves of his ex's behavior and dares to comment publically (maybe) where his adult children might see? 

Yes, exactly.

he's allowed to note how her behavior was shitty. 

Of course he's allowed  - and I'm allowed to note he's a shitty father for doing so publicly :) 

eta;

She behaved badly.

Of course -- and so did he, if he said this publicly -- both can be true.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

I think she didn't even bother changing her name. My mother did change her name for a marriage. Divorced and tried to go back to her first married name for her ADULT children. My father was notified by the court and could have fought it.

Edited by FairyDusted
pronouns are a good thing
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I think she didn't even bother changing her name. My mother did change her name for a marriage. Divorced and tried to go back to her first married name for his ADULT children. My father was notified by the court and could have fought it.

If they were married in France,  iirc,  women have their maiden name on file with the government/documents (nom de naissance) as well as the name they are known by (nom d' usage). 

eta: Whatever the details,  I think @Mondrianyone is right about the legalities, and she's free to use the name she's used for decades, with the exception of the six minutes she was married to Tom.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6

I likewise would call Luann a shitty parent for modeling the "When you go out in public, you feel free to get shitfaced and if you get caught by the police, be sure to emulate Mama Luann's "I'm gonna fucking kill you all". And if you do get caught out? Well, be sure to head off to rehab because then you're not some combative drunk bitch wanting her way and not getting it, you're the *victim* of a disease!"

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I likewise would call Luann a shitty parent for modeling the "When you go out in public, you feel free to get shitfaced and if you get caught by the police, be sure to emulate Mama Luann's "I'm gonna fucking kill you all". And if you do get caught out? Well, be sure to head off to rehab because then you're not some combative drunk bitch wanting her way and not getting it, you're the *victim* of a disease!"

That attitude is one of the reasons people don't seek out help when they need it.  Perception.  I realize that many people use rehab to mitigate their legal issues or to clean up their public image and LuAnn might possibly be one of those.  She also might have fallen into a place where she really needs to help whether she realizes it or not.  Even if she's going in for the wrong reasons, she just might get something good out of it.  I think spending time and therapy for some introspection is never a bad idea.  I've seen people who've done way worse things than act haughtily, sleep with more than one partner married or unmarried, or drink way too much and get mouthy and combative, come out much better for rehab or therapy.  I've made mistakes, so I can't go around being Judgy McJudgerson all the time.  I think people deserve time and a chance to change in most cases.  Perceptions of rehab and whether addiction is a disease or even real are damaging.  Some people do get better and I think that's what's important.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Normades said:

That attitude is one of the reasons people don't seek out help when they need it.  Perception.  I realize that many people use rehab to mitigate their legal issues or to clean up their public image and LuAnn might possibly be one of those.  She also might have fallen into a place where she really needs to help whether she realizes it or not.  Even if she's going in for the wrong reasons, she just might get something good out of it.  I think spending time and therapy for some introspection is never a bad idea.  I've seen people who've done way worse things than act haughtily, sleep with more than one partner married or unmarried, or drink way too much and get mouthy and combative, come out much better for rehab or therapy.  I've made mistakes, so I can't go around being Judgy McJudgerson all the time.  I think people deserve time and a chance to change in most cases.  Perceptions of rehab and whether addiction is a disease or even real are damaging.  Some people do get better and I think that's what's important.

I would agree with you. 

In this case whether it was strongly suggested by her lawyer or a mea culpa I think Luann definitely needs rehab for her alcohol issues, albeit she is not the worst offender in the franchise, the fact is that when alcohol makes you behave this badly then it definitely is a problem that needs serious consideration. 

I would dare to suggest that Luann's main issue is her lack of self esteem disguised as strong sex drive, a woman can have a very strong sex drive and yet manage to behave with a minimum of decency, mainly for the sake of her children. Luann has said many times that she cares a lot about what her children think, well then she could also try to be more discrete with her private affairs.  The fact that Luann has this obsessive need to not only have a guy by her side but mostly to be publicly acknowledged for it IMO is not the result of a strong self esteem. 

Therapy would be a step in the right direction. Luann has been so blessed in so many areas of her life and she can afford the time and money to give back to less fortunate people and feel great about it. A couple of days working for the Red Cross is simply not enough, yet it is probably more than any of the other vacuous Bravo HW have done so far.

I wish she would dedicate more time on the show to promote her charitable work and less of the scandals of her private life.  She could be such a strong advocate for women empowerment, something that we need so much, instead everything else around her pales due to her constant scandals. Such a waste. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I likewise would call Luann a shitty parent

I don't think anybody here has argued that Luann resisting arrest makes her a model Mommy -- on that point, most of us seem to agree.

1 hour ago, Normades said:

Even if she's going in for the wrong reasons, she just might get something good out of it.

Perceptions of rehab and whether addiction is a disease or even real are damaging.  Some people do get better and I think that's what's important.

Well said. 

• Love 9

Sorry, I think when it comes to rich people like Luann, they're only willing to admit they have a problem when having that problem means they don't have to go to the pokey and dress in orange like the real rabble who get drunk and assault cops. Poor people = criminals, and rich people = people with medical problems who need time, introspection, therapy, in a luxury spa setting.

Boo hoo hoo Luann got caught so now we're required applaud her courage because she made the decision *after being arrested* to go to rehab. Sorry, not buying the storyline being peddled. If Luann is having a genuine come to Jesus moment concerning her habits, good but right now she's playing the rich bitch game of doing the crime, and then running off to rehab to show how she's not really some drunk crazy bitch who fought with a cop and screamed "I'm going to fucking kill you all".

That we're all pretty much in agreement that her money and societal status means she won't see any jail time and her lawyering up and heading off to rehab but not actually conceding anything is part of the scheme is why I really doubt she's had that come to Jesus moment. I personally will need to see more than a tweet of contrition to buy Luann is doing anything other than covering her ass. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Sorry, I think when it comes to rich people like Luann, they're only willing to admit they have a problem when having that problem means they don't have to go to the pokey and dress in orange like the real rabble who get drunk and assault cops. Poor people = criminals, and rich people = people with medical problems who need time, introspection, therapy, in a luxury spa setting.

Boo hoo hoo Luann got caught so now we're required applaud her courage because she made the decision *after being arrested* to go to rehab. Sorry, not buying the storyline being peddled. If Luann is having a genuine come to Jesus moment concerning her habits, good but right now she's playing the rich bitch game of doing the crime, and then running off to rehab to show how she's not really some drunk crazy bitch who fought with a cop and screamed "I'm going to fucking kill you all".

That we're all pretty much in agreement that her money and societal status means she won't see any jail time and her lawyering up and heading off to rehab but not actually conceding anything is part of the scheme is why I really doubt she's had that come to Jesus moment. I personally will need to see more than a tweet of contrition to buy Luann is doing anything other than covering her ass. 

The courts give people, especially those with clean records opportunities to go to rehab.  I think it’s a good thing to give people a chance to get help and turn their lives around if possible.  Locking everyone up over every infraction may feed the rabid need for retribution, but it really doesn’t serve society as a whole.  I’m sure LuAnn would have an advantage over a non-famous, non-rich, white woman with no record, but I don’t believe either of them would do jail time and both would have the opportunity to go to rehab, just not the same one.

I don’t think LuAnn should be applauded, but I think she may benefit from therapy if she works hard and takes it seriously.  It is an opportunity and I hope she makes the most of it.  It concerns me that there is a condescending and demeaning attitude toward rehab and addiction.  Some people think it’s a fun vacation or addiction as a disease does not exist.  Those who need help may not always go in with the right intention, but if they work hard, lives can really change.  We’ll see what happens next with her, but I can’t condemn her for actually going to rehab.  I also thought her apology seemed sincere, so I hope the best for her and her family. 

• Love 11

I agree that everyone needs to give the benefit of a doubt for the time being concerning rehab and Luann.  Only after will we be able to see if she is sincere and her intentions are to get clean and sober, not just beating the charges.

I also have to agree that most people cannot afford the good treatment programs and there are many who really need and want help and don't get it.

The two problems I have with Luann specifically are this. If history teaches us anything, than we already know Luann 99% of the time is not capable of admitting wrongdoing or faults.  She is a master at being passive-aggressive and deflection.    So,while I am hoping for her sake and her health, I am not betting that she is willing to say /admit she is an alcoholic.   Imo I firmly believe she is an alcoholic. Not only do I think she won't admit it, its likely because of her personality, but also it seems to be the center of her life. Going out, drinking and picking up men.  Of course, it is well known that it can take several trips to rehab to get clean and sober.

Second ,   It doesn't matter WHO said it , but the allegations of rape need to be cleared up. Luann has neither denied or confirmed it. It would of been included in the report, or amended at a later date since its a very serious allegation.

Just like taking the very real disease of alcoholism seriously, no one should be flinging around an allegation like rape.  If it is 100% false she has already damaged a man's life and the hotels reputation.

Luann has only said "her behavior, her actions" so far and pleaded not guilty.   She should of made a clear and precise statement either way about a rape.Like taking alcoholism seriously, alluding a rape when it didn't happen makes it almost impossible for a real rapist to be punished. Even if Luann had absolutely nothing to do with that information I still feel she has a responsibility to clear it up and so far she has not. Inexcusable.

• Love 11

The courts *sometimes* give people with clean records a second chance and an opportunity to go to rehab. The reason rich people tend to get this option, even in egregious situations, is because they can afford to pay for it themselves so it becomes a sort of backhanded punishment and it gets the rich person off the hook. Poor people usually end up with some jail time before they get free rehab opportunities. I assure you, Luann's self chosen rehab facility is not the same as the ones the poor indigents go to. 

The two problems I have with Luann specifically are this. If history teaches us anything, than we already know Luann 99% of the time is not capable of admitting wrongdoing or faults.  She is a master at being passive-aggressive and deflection.    So,while I am hoping for her sake and her health, I am not betting that she is willing to say /admit she is an alcoholic. 

This. And believe me, I do believe alcoholism is a disease. The problem is as Cherrio is laying out - Luann isn't going to rehab because she's realized she's an alcoholic, she's going to rehab because that is the knee jerk reaction celebs pull out of their asses when they're arrested. I don't assign shame to someone who is alcoholic seeking help. I've known many addicts and ex addicts and they're good people who often have some pretty awful reasons for walking down the path they went down. But I do have a problem with the standard Housewife "I don't have a problem with X, dahling" routine. If she's going to rehab and NOT calling herself an alcoholic when she's asked about it, well, then what was she in rehabilitation for? Being a snotty bitch who thinks she's too good to do as told? If she's going to rehab to avoid jail time, but continues to insist she doesn't have a chemical dependency on alcohol,  then why exactly is she going to rehab?

Oh right, to check that box and to be the victim here. 

Luann has only said "her behavior, her actions" so far and pleaded not guilty.   She should of made a clear and precise statement either way about a rape.Like taking alcoholism seriously, alluding a rape when it didn't happen makes it almost impossible for a real rapist to be punished. Even if Luann had absolutely nothing to do with that information I still feel she has a responsibility to clear it up and so far she has not. Inexcusable.

Speaking of being the victim....

Yeah, someone in Luann's camp dropped the "Luann was roofied and maybe raped" bomb and Luann does have a responsibility to clear up the rumor that whoever she was with did or didn't sexually violate her against her will after drugging her against her will. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Yolanda Foster changed her name to Yolanda Hadid after divorcing David.  She had been divorced from Mohamed for years.  She was married to Foster for five years and in fact developed a public persona with his name.  

Luann said she never legally changed her name and de Lesseps was on her credit cards, bank accounts etc.  The Count doesn't own his last name, he has no legal standing to say by which name Luann goes by.   

That seemed like such an odd choice for Yolanda - why not just go with her original name? I know she said it was to have the same name as her kids, but why change it to Foster at all then? Convenient that Hadid is a well-known name.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Normades said:

The courts give people, especially those with clean records opportunities to go to rehab.  I think it’s a good thing to give people a chance to get help and turn their lives around if possible.  Locking everyone up over every infraction may feed the rabid need for retribution, but it really doesn’t serve society as a whole.  I’m sure LuAnn would have an advantage over a non-famous, non-rich, white woman with no record, but I don’t believe either of them would do jail time and both would have the opportunity to go to rehab, just not the same one.

I don’t think LuAnn should be applauded, but I think she may benefit from therapy if she works hard and takes it seriously.  It is an opportunity and I hope she makes the most of it.  It concerns me that there is a condescending and demeaning attitude toward rehab and addiction.  Some people think it’s a fun vacation or addiction as a disease does not exist.  Those who need help may not always go in with the right intention, but if they work hard, lives can really change.  We’ll see what happens next with her, but I can’t condemn her for actually going to rehab.  I also thought her apology seemed sincere, so I hope the best for her and her family. 

This is one of the realities of life that is one of the hardest to swallow. 

In the last days I have read a lot about this case on social media and there seems to be a general agreement that if Luann was not wealthy, famous,  or white she would have been tasered. ,maybe even shot . Definitely a regular person would not have been let off without a hefty bail and a judge even warning her not to say a word as to not to incriminate herself. 

It is nice to be privileged like Luann likes to brag about , so much that she made it one of her tag lines for the first seasons, but to gloat about your privilege and then a situation like this happens and make it very obvious that there is indeed another set of rules for the haves and the have nots it is unnerving. 

Yes, we all know that life is not fair but some of this situations make it pretty apparent that the "We are all equal and no one is above the law" is really just a fairy tale. 

• Love 13

This is what Luann tweeted:  

“After the events of last Saturday night in Palm Beach, I am truly embarrassed,” she wrote in her tweet. “I have decided to seek professional guidance and will be voluntarily checking into an alcohol treatment center. I intend to turn this unfortunate incident into a positive life changing event."

16 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I agree that everyone needs to give the benefit of a doubt for the time being concerning rehab and Luann.  Only after will we be able to see if she is sincere and her intentions are to get clean and sober, not just beating the charges.

I also have to agree that most people cannot afford the good treatment programs and there are many who really need and want help and don't get it.

The two problems I have with Luann specifically are this. If history teaches us anything, than we already know Luann 99% of the time is not capable of admitting wrongdoing or faults.  She is a master at being passive-aggressive and deflection.    So,while I am hoping for her sake and her health, I am not betting that she is willing to say /admit she is an alcoholic.   Imo I firmly believe she is an alcoholic. Not only do I think she won't admit it, its likely because of her personality, but also it seems to be the center of her life. Going out, drinking and picking up men.  Of course, it is well known that it can take several trips to rehab to get clean and sober.

Second ,   It doesn't matter WHO said it , but the allegations of rape need to be cleared up. Luann has neither denied or confirmed it. It would of been included in the report, or amended at a later date since its a very serious allegation.

Just like taking the very real disease of alcoholism seriously, no one should be flinging around an allegation like rape.  If it is 100% false she has already damaged a man's life and the hotels reputation.

Luann has said she is entering an alcohol treatment center.  I would say that is pretty much admitting you have a problem with alcohol or are an alcoholic.  

I have never witnessed Luann be passive-aggressive.  She is self-admitted very competitive and given her track record in bars with men I see her being assertive to the point of aggressive.  Where Luann has always come up short is addressing what she feels instead she is worried how it looks.  No more it doesn't look good-her reality should be so and so's behavior hurt me or humiliated me or both.  (Looking at Tom.)  From her statements she does seem to be headed in the right direction.  There is no reason to throw away your future and just plead guilty to a laundry list of charges,  Luann obviously needs help with her drinking and help with her legal situation.  She has employed experts to help her.  As to not taking responsibility I think Luann was pretty clear last year that it was her decision to marry Tom in spite of significant evidence it was a bad idea.

16 hours ago, Rap541 said:

The courts *sometimes* give people with clean records a second chance and an opportunity to go to rehab. The reason rich people tend to get this option, even in egregious situations, is because they can afford to pay for it themselves so it becomes a sort of backhanded punishment and it gets the rich person off the hook. Poor people usually end up with some jail time before they get free rehab opportunities. I assure you, Luann's self chosen rehab facility is not the same as the ones the poor indigents go to. 

This. And believe me, I do believe alcoholism is a disease. The problem is as Cherrio is laying out - Luann isn't going to rehab because she's realized she's an alcoholic, she's going to rehab because that is the knee jerk reaction celebs pull out of their asses when they're arrested. I don't assign shame to someone who is alcoholic seeking help. I've known many addicts and ex addicts and they're good people who often have some pretty awful reasons for walking down the path they went down. But I do have a problem with the standard Housewife "I don't have a problem with X, dahling" routine. If she's going to rehab and NOT calling herself an alcoholic when she's asked about it, well, then what was she in rehabilitation for? Being a snotty bitch who thinks she's too good to do as told? If she's going to rehab to avoid jail time, but continues to insist she doesn't have a chemical dependency on alcohol,  then why exactly is she going to rehab?

Oh right, to check that box and to be the victim here. 

Speaking of being the victim....

Yeah, someone in Luann's camp dropped the "Luann was roofied and maybe raped" bomb and Luann does have a responsibility to clear up the rumor that whoever she was with did or didn't sexually violate her against her will after drugging her against her will. 

It is not Luann's job or position to run around and clear up other people's opinions or theories of what may or may not have happened.  It only leads to more speculation.  If the laws in Florida are such that a person is not able to consent because they are impaired by drink or drug then maybe there is a case.  Luann is not pursuing such charges, but I would say if someone is so out of it they go into the wrong hotel room they are probably too intoxicated to consent-whether it was their idea or not or regardless of their history.  Luann has always seemed to take responsibility for her bar cruising actions and not blamed the guy.  If Luann hasn't claimed rape she certainly can't be responsible for  mystery man or the hotel's reputation because random outsiders on a forum state speculate.  I believe it was a blogger and not someone in Luann's camp.  Not hating a celebrity does not make someone in their camp.  There are so many anonymous sources close to the situation who come up with this wonderful inside juicy gossip.  Most of the time I think it is someone expressing their opinion and trying to make it credible.  

Many, many people land in rehab (voluntarily) after an arrest because it is a wake up call.  They need to get their life in order and have either self identified or had a intervention of family and friends who convince them it is the right course. I have no idea what facility she is in but accredited rehabs are primarily paid for by insurance-insurance is available to everyone.  I would be more angry if Luann took up a bed in a low cost facility because she is depriving someone who doesn't have her money of a bed.  Again Luann has said she is entering a alcohol treatment center that is pretty much a prima facie case for admitting you have a problem with alcohol.  Claiming Luann isn't sincere in seeking treatment is no different than speculating on whether or not Luann was able to give consent-it is an opinion based on news stories.  To me, it is not important what particular reason makes one capitulate to entering rehab it is more about what they get out of it and how they live their lives after gaining the tools in rehab to support one's sobriety.    

• Love 9

All I want to know is whether this dress will be appearing in the next Countess Collection...and if so, will they be sporting those lovely accessories Lu has on her wrists.

luann-de-lesseps-arrest-handcuffs-court.

Money can't buy you class indeed...but it can get you into rehab instead of jail.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 11

"It is not Luann's job or position to run around and clear up other people's opinions or theories of what may or may not have happened." It is when the allegation is that Luann is devastated and can't rmemeber and thinks she was given drugs against her will. Those are devastating allegations - I mean, it's a little rich that Luann gets to trot off to rehab and everyone has to applaud her willingness to address her problem after she gets into legal trouble, but poor lil Luann has no moral obligation to not refute the story her friends are telling that she's really an innocent lamb in this and someone she was with roofied her. I mean, its better for her reputation if she can fall back on "Well, I do drink but really... there's a question as to what was *really* in my drink that night and I am under no obligation to clear up any story anyone tells about that night, tee hee hee". After all, Luann shushing helps Luann and fuck the guy she was with, if he's destroyed by an untrue allegation, well, oh well.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

"It is not Luann's job or position to run around and clear up other people's opinions or theories of what may or may not have happened." It is when the allegation is that Luann is devastated and can't rmemeber and thinks she was given drugs against her will. Those are devastating allegations - I mean, it's a little rich that Luann gets to trot off to rehab and everyone has to applaud her willingness to address her problem after she gets into legal trouble, but poor lil Luann has no moral obligation to not refute the story her friends are telling that she's really an innocent lamb in this and someone she was with roofied her. I mean, its better for her reputation if she can fall back on "Well, I do drink but really... there's a question as to what was *really* in my drink that night and I am under no obligation to clear up any story anyone tells about that night, tee hee hee". After all, Luann shushing helps Luann and fuck the guy she was with, if he's destroyed by an untrue allegation, well, oh well.

The guy hasn't been destroyed or publically affected because no one knows who he is. He has never been named, not even in the police report, so no one can ask him. Maybe he should come forward and dispute the claims himself if he is that upset about it but then that means his name will be revealed. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

If Luann can't remember - it is possible that she was the molester not the molestee.

Maybe this stint to rehab is to pre-empt the possible allegation of her being all pedafilee on some poor young thing.

giphy.gif

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, we will know soon enough, including his name.

ROFL....who was that guy that LuLu had that real awkward kiss?   Not the goofy Rey one.  

I can see see his face but no clue on the name.  He and LuLu were sitting side by side. Pre-Jacques I think. 

Gawwwwddd, I wish my mind would work.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Ellee said:

ROFL....who was that guy that LuLu had that real awkward kiss?   Not the goofy Rey one.  

I can see see his face but no clue on the name.  He and LuLu were sitting side by side. Pre-Jacques I think. 

Gawwwwddd, I wish my mind would work.  

Are you talking about Coert?

He was arrested for a DUI around the same time as Victoria

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Here is the issue-Luann has not been quoted as making these allegations.  The "friend" is unnamed and it is RadarOnLine reporting it.  They make a lot of stuff up.

If you don't know who said it, if it was in fact said, and most of all you aren't asserting it-why draw attention to it?

Here is a perfect Luann example-when she got married someone asserted she was no paid for the People exclusive because Jill Zarin had tweeted the photos.  Luann didn't jump in and say it wasn't true.  Months later when asked on WWHL by a caller and at Jill's urging Luann denied the story.  The time to answer is when asked not answer anonymous sources or specious publications reporting.

All Luann has said is she made the wrong choice to return to Palm Beach because of the memories of the wedding a year earlier.  That is not blaming anyone it is just an explanation of how she felt.  It certainly isn't a defense to her behavior that evening.  Luann has said she is going to rehab.  Most of all Luann has no control, good or bad what her friends say to the press or otherwise.  At this point in the legal process I would think she is being told not to discuss her case.  

Another Bravolebrity, while enjoying an evening out in Florida, got arrested and because she had no idea why she was in jail had her blood tested and was positive for GHB.  http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/below-deck-star-adrienne-gang-is-your-drink-spiked/2139948  The levels were apparently very high.  

Again there is no identity of the man, Luann has not made the assertion, so why is it so important for Luann to jump up and deny it?  Saving the reputation of an unidentified man.  First do no harm.  

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Another Bravolebrity, while enjoying an evening out in Florida, got arrested and because she had no idea why she was in jail had her blood tested and was positive for GHB.  http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/below-deck-star-adrienne-gang-is-your-drink-spiked/2139948  The levels were apparently very high.

I really liked learning about those testing kits and coasters that are now available so women (people) can test their drinks for date rape drugs. They also didn't seem overly expensive and should be widely available.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Are you talking about Coert?

He was arrested for a DUI around the same time as Victoria

Yes that's the one!!!!  And a DUI to boot!!

Ladies, I'm no hottie men go crazy over by any stretch but I've got to tell you .... if it's him that may be more embarrassing then all the other crap LuLu did.  :D

On a side note:   No offense meant to Coert.  He may very well be one of the greatest guys around.  That whole scene didn't do him any favors.  Just saying.

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 6