Type keyword(s) to search

Dream Costars: Who Should Do A Movie Together?

• Start Topic

Emma Stone and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in a lighthearted comedy. I think they'd be a lot of fun together.

And Emma Stone and Anna Kendrick in anything that lets them be themselves.

Denzel Washington and Bruce Willis in a crusty old cop movie. Not a stupid action-fest, like the Expendables though.

• Love 3

I've said it before, I'm sayin' it again:

Daniel Day-Lewis and Michael Fassbender as father and son. I want this to happen. Now.

David Oyelowo and Gugu Mbatha-Raw in... something, anything, because they're too pretty not to be paired up. Same with Chris Hemsworth and Jessica Chastain.

• Love 1

Enrico Colantoni can do everything.  He's like Gary Cole in that respect.  No typecasting for them.

So I guess they should get together and do a movie where they play all the parts themselves.

• Love 4

I would love to gather a small group of truly versatile actors and have them play different roles, Orphan Black style.  For that matter, Tatiana should do everything, from now on.

I'm having trouble thinking of any other charismatic actresses at the moment.  So ... how about Tatiana and Zeljko Ivanek?  I know, I'm just putting some of my favorites together, but imagine how intense that could get.  Throw in Matthew Rhys, and I would be in for any thriller they wanted to do.

• Love 1
(edited)

Samuel L. Jackson and Keira Knightly. I'm not even that interested in KK projects but I thought they had a great chemistry on Graham Norton together and they would make a good comedic duo.

Emma Stone and Josh Hutcherson. I know that both are good with romantic material. Hell, Emma sold me that she was into Jonah Hills crass and immature character in Superbad. And Josh did his first rom-com when he was like, 12?

Bradley Cooper with a 40 year old actress. Any 40 year old actress. *PAUSE* Yeah, like that will ever happen.

Edited by raezen
  • Love 2

Bradley Cooper with a 40 year old actress. Any 40 year old actress. *PAUSE* Yeah, like that will ever happen.

No, it actually did. He and Amy Addams had a flirtation/hook-up in American Hustle, when she was 38/39.

He'll also have a former relationship with 36-year old Rachel McAdams, who will undoubtedly give him the blessing to go after the cute and perky Emma Stone, if that counts.

Bradley was actually the boy toy to Christine Lahiti's character on the T.V. series Jack and Bobby about a million years ago.

No, it actually did. He and Amy Addams had a flirtation/hook-up in American Hustle, when she was 38/39.

Not to mention she and Christian Bale played lovers, and they're the same age. Hell, his character cheated on his much younger wife (Jennifer Lawrence) for Adams! I wasn't crazy about American Hustle on the whole, but I did find that aspect immensely refreshing.

Will carry rest of this train of thought to Gender thread.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, as I stated in the 'You Haven't Seen What!' thread, I never saw American Hustle (or Silverlinings Play book for that matter,) so I didn't realize that she also hooks up with Coopers character. Then again I always forget how old Amy Adams is because I don't think she's aged since June Bug. Mostly what I got from the ads for those films was that JL was playing roles for 30 year Olds.

Jack and Bobby. What a blast from the past!

I'm actually looking forward to Aloha, but that one has been in the can for a while and I don't think Rachel McAdams was 36 when it was shot. That or BC'so look is changing ridiculously fast because of his American Sniper [\b] regiment.

Edited by raezen

In light of Chris Hemsworth being cast as the secretary in the new Ghostbusters reboot, I believe that it's not only a great idea, I think that the character should be gay and have either Matt Bomer, Jonathan Groff or Neil Patrick Harris play his boyfriend.

(edited)

As far as I know, he never has, but this movie should be the perfect chance for him to go there-so to speak.

Speaking of which, if anyone is on Twitter, if they follow writer/director Paul Feig, who's making the Ghostbusters reboot and they want to tweet him my ideas about CH's character, as long as they give me credit, I don't mind. ;)

Edited by DollEyes

Amy Schumer should cast character actress Celia Weston to play her mother at some point. I can totally see it.

Yes! I never saw that before, but she would be great.

This pairing is more about characters: Remember back in the '80s when people wondered who would win a fight between Sarah Connor and Ripley? Why didn't that movie ever happen? I have no idea know why the two of them would ever fight, since they're on the same side of humanity. Maybe for the first half of the movie, Sarah Connor and Ripley thought they were enemies, so they spent 45 minutes plotting and battling against each other. When they realized they were on the same team, they spent the rest of the movie kicking machine and cyborg and alien butt. It would have been nice. *sigh*

Have Vincent D'Onofrio and Mark Ruffalo ever done a movie together? If not, they need to be cast as brothers in something STAT

I still think it was missed opportunity not to have Penn Badgley play Mark Ruffalo's younger version in 13 going on 30. They could have just stuffed him or something if they still needed the teen character to be fat.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Technically they've already been in a movie together, but Anna Kendrick and Chace Crawford worked really well together when they were in What to Expect When You're Expecting. I'd love to see them in a full length movie instead being more of a peripheral storyline.

I don't expect a lot of people to get behind this but I was scrawling through some youtube videos the other day and I realized that a pic I thought was Emma Watson turned out to be Kristen Stewart. I think they could probably play sisters or cousins in a movie and it would probably be one of the more realistic family pairings. It would have to be a film with a huge budget. ...

Chris Pratt and Keira Knightley in some kind of period set action/adventure romance. Just a fantasy I had. Something kind of like The Mummy.

Edited by Ruby25
  • Love 1

If there's a reboot of A Streetcar Named Desire, I would love to see Michael Fassbender as Stanley Kowalski, Cate Blanchett as Blanche DuBois and either Margot Robbie, Rosamund Pike, Amy Adams or Reese Witherspoon as Stella.

• Love 4

If there's a reboot of A Streetcar Named Desire, I would love to see Michael Fassbender as Stanley Kowalski, Cate Blanchett as Blanche DuBois and either Margot Robbie, Rosamund Pike, Amy Adams or Reese Witherspoon as Stella.

I wholeheartedly approve of this venture! Someone get a Kickstarter campaign going...

• Love 2

Cate Blachett's Blue Jasmine basically WAS A Streetcar Named Desire.

Anna Kendrick and Joseph Gordon Levitt should do another movie together. They have pretty great chemistry together.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

After Clouds of Sils Maria I want more of Kristen Stewart and Juliette Binoche together. The scenes when they're out watching a movie and then at the bar afterwards are really lovely and fun. It'd be cool to see them in a comedy.

Watched True Romance for the first time last week, and Christian Slater really reminded me of Logan Lerman. They'd make a decent father and son in a movie, right?

Cate Blanchett's Blue Jasmine basically WAS A Streetcar Named Desire.

Which proves that if she can play a clone of Blanche DuBois, then she could be even better as the original. Or, if she can't do it, then Julianne Moore could.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
Does Neil Patrick Harris ever actually play gay characters on screen? He does on stage, but I'm wracking my brain to think of a time he's played it on-screen.

On Will & Grace, in the year 2000.  5 years before he came out.  (Rosie O'Donnell also played gay on the show and then came out 1 month afterwards; just a factoid)

How about some couples to reunite?

George Clooney and J.Lo, because I love Out of Sight.

Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant, because I love Two Weeks' Notice.

How about Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet again, but this time a total switch (Eternal Sunshine).

Will Ferrell and Dave Chappelle, my two favourites.

Idris Elba with someone who is as sexy as he is.  Who would be good for that?  Penelope Cruz?  Eva Mendes, Olivia Wilde.  Kerry Washington?

Martin Lawrence and Dave Chappelle!  Though they have been together already.  Eddie Murphy too.

I think Topher Grace is inspired by Michael J. Fox so that would be a cool pairing.

And I think Matthew Perry is inspired by Michael Keaton so that, too.

And I think Leighton Meester was inspired by Alicia Silverstone and Megan Mullally -- can you imagine?!

I just like when any of my favourite huge stars pair together (like Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise pair often, so do Drew Barrymore/Adam Sandler, so do Sandra and Keanu).  What about Johnny Depp and Keanu Reeves?  They're like sides of a coin.  

Two women I love who look alike are Margot Robbie and Jamie Pressley.  They're like the female version of Jeffrey and Javier.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

Lake Bell and Allison Williams need to play sisters; no joke, one of them has a long-lost sister, and it's the other. 

Rosamund Pike and Elle Fanning should be in a mother/daughter flick. They look eerily similar.

Edited by Wiendish Fitch

Lake Bell and Allison Williams need to play sisters; no joke, one of them has a long-lost sister, and it's the other. 

Rosamund Pike and Elle Fanning should be in a mother/daughter flick. They look eerily similar.

I honestly can't see Rosamund Pike being willing to play the mother to a teenager yet. Small kids, yes, but not a teenager. Especially now that she's getting her pick of projects right now.

Don't you think Amanda Peet goes with them, too?

Brad Pitt and Benicio del Toro as brothers. They could even play twins. One more beat up by life than the other.

To add to this, I think Nick Zano is even the less roughed up version of Brad.  I always joke that he's like the Benjamin Button movie in real life.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
(edited)

Speaking of people who should play sisters...Chloe Sevigny and Greta Gerwig. Preferably in a Whit Stillman comedy about sophisticated urbanites with nothing to do but have witty conversations.

I really do want to see Ben Foster and Ryan Gosling in a gritty indie together. I always thought Ben Foster is kind of what Ryan Gosling would've been if he were too quirky-looking to be considered leading man material.

Speaking of Ryan Gosling...I always would be interested in seeing how he'd bounce off Jake Gyllenhaal in a movie.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I don't know why I thought Gerwig and Sevigny had already been in a movie together, but they've just worked with Stillman as a director on separate films.

Someone wrote this piece comparing Sevigny's Gen Xer cool and Gerwig's Millennial zany energy quality. I can see how they both would be symbols of their respective generations, although Gerwig's never really gotten any kind of mainstream recognition as opposed to Chole. (Although her mid/late 90's indie bloom days were a different animal as opposed to what Gerwig has now.)

But yeah, it'd be fun to play those energies against each other.

(edited)

Bumping up with this photo of Idris Elba and Hugh Jackman, in which Elba suggested on his Twitter feed (where the picture is also posted)a reboot of Guys and Dolls with him & Jackman as Sky Masterson & Nathan Detroit, which, IMO, would be epic, if done right.

ETA that I would post it if Twitter cooperated, but since it's not, the photo can be seen in the "Movie Star Crushes" thread. You're welcome.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1