Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

Oh I always bring my dog shit out with me while I am shopping for photography equipment. It is perfectly alright to bring it into a store and put it on the counter where it might spill on the space where expensive photography equipment is placed. Or where another unsuspecting customer might put his elbow in it.

moved from episode thread: trooper york

Seriously, it was in a cup with a lid.  So, when your dog has a vet appointment and need to bring a stool sample, how do you time it so the dog shits right before you go to the vet and not a few hours before when you are running your errands.  I mean, the dog is going to shit when the dog decides to shit.  You pick it up in a baggie and find a container to transport.  Cup with a lid?  Sounds like a good idea to me! 

• Love 3

Since I have pets I get it but I wouldn't have set it on anything. Just the idea of putting poop no matter how it was packaged on any surface other then handing it to the vet assistant seems a poor choice.

• Love 5

I don't know. Have you ever have a lid come off of a cup of coffee? Had the stuff spill all over. Why did she need to bring that while she was filming? Is it because she wanted to show what a good pet owner she is and how concerned she is about her rented pet? Could it be because she is a stone cold phony whose concern for her pretend pet is about as real as veneers?

Carole is a pretentious lying sack of crap who has to pretend to have pets to humanize her. She did it in earlier seasons with a time share dog. Now she has graduated to serial kitten adopting. I guess she needs to get new ones because they keep running away.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I don't know. Have you ever have a lid come off of a cup of coffee? Had the stuff spill all over. Why did she need to bring that while she was filming? Is it because she wanted to show what a good pet owner she is and how concerned she is about her rented pet? Could it be because she is a stone cold phony whose concern for her pretend pet is about as real as veneers?

Carole is a pretentious lying sack of crap who has to pretend to have pets to humanize her. She did it in earlier seasons with a time share dog. Now she has graduated to serial kitten adopting. I guess she needs to get new ones because they keep running away.

Or, it's because the dog had a vet appointment and she needed to provide a sample, the dog pooped before she was on the way to the vet and so guess what? You've got to keep the poop until the appointment.  It happens.  The lid didn't come off, it didn't spill all over.  I have seen nothing to indicate that Baby is a "pretend" pet. For all the reasons to hate on Carole, having a dog and fostering animals seems like the most ridiculous.  But, you know what they say...HGH

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 4

The truth hurts? 

Do you seriously think that she had to bring dog shit around with her while she was filming? I was on a reality show. I know how it works. There is a ton of down time. She brought that cup of crap for a purpose. To pretend that she is a concerned pet owner. There are many very knowledgeable pet owners on these boards. I would love to have them weigh in on it. Did she really have to carry around the dog shit for any other reason to mention it on camera?

I think it is easy to see that she is a pretend dog owner. Even Bethenny interacts with Cookie in a much more affectionate way. If the dog was as sick as she pretends she should have been at the vet. Not using it as a prop.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I don't think Baby is a "rent a pet" (LOL), she post pictures of him on twitter and has been photo'd with him a few times. As for the poop in a cup scene, I think they just happened to film when the dog needed to go to the vet and they filmed in the camera store because the Vet wouldn't allow filming in their office, nothing more. It is also possible that the poop was in a zip lock bag inside the cup, we have no way of knowing. I, myself, take our dogs poop in a ZL bag inside my purse after I make sure it is completely sealed first of course.

I always thought the "time share dog" was a close friends dog that she loved and nothing more. I did not take her comment about the dog as real but as a joke. She only fostered 1 cat, which she decided to keep, there is not "serial kitten" thing going on here. The new episode story synopsis here at PTV is incorrect, here is the Bravo one. "S8/EP11

Still dealing with the fallout from her Tipsy Girl venture, Sonja decides to change her partying ways. Her roommate, Luann, has a surprising announcement of her own: She’s found love with someone the ladies are familiar with. Bethenny invites some of the women on a trip to Mexico, but divides the group as they vote on who should or shouldn’t come. Carole gains a new perspective on her life after fostering a kitten. On a double date with Dorinda and John, Jules hits a boiling point with Michael, and, Bethenny has a conversation with Luann that leaves her speechless."

5 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

The truth hurts? 

Do you seriously think that she had to bring dog shit around with her while she was filming? I was on a reality show. I know how it works. There is a ton of down time. She brought that cup of crap for a purpose. To pretend that she is a concerned pet owner. There are many very knowledgeable pet owners on these boards. I would love to have them weigh in on it. Did she really have to carry around the dog shit for any other reason to mention it on camera?

I think it is easy to see that she is a pretend dog owner. Even Bethenny interacts with Cookie in a much more affectionate way. If the dog was as sick as she pretends she should have been at the vet. Not using it as a prop.

Seriously, IF it was a fake scene then more likely than not, there was NO dog poop in the cup to begin with! LOL

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

The truth hurts? 

Vets typically require appointments unless the dog is dying.  If she had an appointment for the dog, she had a filming schedule, and she needed to bring in the dog poop, you scoop up the poop and keep it moving.  Knowledgeable pet owner, right here, weighing in. 

• Love 8

Fair enough. I am not an expert in the care and handling of dog shit so I bow to your expertise.

I am very familiar with bullshit which is why I find Carole so contemptible. She is a walking, talking, lying pile of bullshit. Of which there is no doubt.

• Love 13

I think @Trooper York is trying out for a part as a Housewife. You have the letting it go part down almost as well as most of them do. Just kidding ya. Sort of. But you are almost making me not like Carole. Almost. I'm going to go and B bash for awhile as a palate cleanser.

• Love 3

Why thank you very much. I just like to stick up for the underdog. That is why I post in favor of people like Aviva and Kristen and John. I hate how some people get a free ride. 

Anybody that Satan Andy and his evil flying monkeys Methenny and Carole try to demonize gets my full support.

This is just a fun way to pass the time. Thanks for playing.

• Love 9
(edited)
31 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

My husband calls me Bob Barker so I guess I can comment: I have never had an appointment for the vet. I just go, as does everyone else around here. There is the usual be there before 8 for grooming, after 4:30 for grooming pickup but other than that? drop of a hat and I go to the vet. I am not debating whether or not Carole had an appointment, or if the dog love is real. What I will say is it is nasty as hell to put dog poop on a public counter. She should have brought a tote bag or something to put the cup in until she got to the vet. A cute hipster tote bag because in case you don't know, Carole is hipster.

eta My "you" are general, not specific.

I wish my vet was like this. When I got my perfect Great Dane puppy a few months back they told me to bring her in anytime to weigh her, or to get her nails clipped, even if she didn't need anything else. They said it would be good for her to get use to coming there and not be afraid. I thought "awesome", I can just walk in and take care of her nails like I do my own (I'm a "walk-in" kind of a gal with my mani and pedi). A few weeks later I walked in with Eleanor, and they looked at me as if I had sprouted an extra head. There was actual panic. They said, "sure, bring her in anytime, just make sure you have an appointment". 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Fair enough. I am not an expert in the care and handling of dog shit so I bow to your expertise.

I am very familiar with bullshit which is why I find Carole so contemptible. She is a walking, talking, lying pile of bullshit. Of which there is no doubt.

I can't stand Carole, she looks like an old, used up, heroin addict.

• Love 10

I hadn't paid any attention to Adam until the scene I just watched.  He's always seemed bland and innocuous and their ages made no difference to me, I didn't care.  Carole stopped by his apartment and brought him a plant.  He was making a dessert.  I get it now, I'd bet money he's gay.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Wait? She is doing her pets?

Well I guess that is more believable than her doing vegtable boy. He doesn't seem that interested. 

Carole's doing the ki'en?  Vegetable boy looked bored with her; like they were reading lines for a play.

• Love 2

Carole's Bravo blog is up. Poor little award-winning writer and producer doesn't grasp the fairly simple concept of "I vs me":

I didn’t want to go to the Berkshires. I wasn't sure who would be there and frankly I had only spoken to Luann once in the past eight months (at Bethenny's BBQ), and it didn’t go very well. Never mind any sort of apology, she didn’t even appear sorry for anything she’d said and even repeated the same BS about Adam and I. Again, to my face.

And --  because once is not enough: 

When she says many times over the course of several episodes, “I apologized to Carole many times,” that too is a lie. Rewind the tape –- every single frame of it. It has been now nearly 10 months since Luann called me a bunch of sh--ty names, leaked fake stories to the press about my family, tried to trash my business, age-shamed, and made up lies about Adam and I.

Subject or object, Carole, subject or object.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

What does Carole do all day?  At least the other ladies have families.

Ramon and LuAnn have adult children who no longer live at home.  Sonja has a daughter in boarding school, Dorinda's daughter is an adult and I think has moved out, Bethenny only has her child 50% of the time.  I am guessing she does what they do all day.  Live her life.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

What does Carole do all day?  At least the other ladies have families.

Oh comon now---that's just insulting to those of us viewers like Carole who may not "have families." Sure, she has an odd career field that leaves her with likely downtime, but I'm quite certain that she still has things she does daily same as any other ChildFree woman, like chores and appointments, publicity/meetings for her various writing sidegigs and HW promos, she has friends to check on and various parties/gatherings/events(I follow her on Instagram enough to know this), she travels, she hangs with her dude, she shops and socializes and writes and emails...I mean, geez, I'm not as huge a fan of hers after this season either, but even I know that this woman or anyone else in a similar situation doesn't just sit around at home scratching her ass getting stoned and eating Pringles all day just because she doesn't "have a family/kids".((although I'd be quite envious if she did, because that sounds kinda awesome))

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Oh comon now---that's just insulting to those of us viewers like Carole who may not "have families." Sure, she has an odd career field that leaves her with likely downtime, but I'm quite certain that she still has things she does daily same as any other ChildFree woman, like chores and appointments, publicity/meetings for her various writing sidegigs and HW promos, she has friends to check on and various parties/gatherings/events(I follow her on Instagram enough to know this), she travels, she hangs with her dude, she shops and socializes and writes and emails...I mean, geez, I'm not as huge a fan of hers after this season either, but even I know that this woman or anyone else in a similar situation doesn't just sit around at home scratching her ass getting stoned and eating Pringles all day just because she doesn't "have a family/kids".((although I'd be quite envious if she did, because that sounds kinda awesome))

I guess I wasn't clear on my point.  Most women work all day in one way or another and Carole doesn't. I think if she was heavily involved in some other project/work/charity she would have mentioned it.  Her storyline is her cats and tired beef with Luanne.  I liked her at first but I'm just losing respect for her as the years roll by.  I never liked the other women in the first place, so they had no respect to lose.  Right now, I'm rooting for Jules because she seems like a nice person. I thought she was a goner after one season but maybe with her divorce, they'll keep her.

• Love 5

I love her blogs.
This week's.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/blogs/carole-radziwill/carole-radziwill-to-do-or-not-to-do-that

I sometimes feel the need to remind people that I write these blogs for entertainment –- tongue inserted firmly in cheek. This space is not intended for me to wax poetic about social injustices and the heartbreaking truths of real life.

These blogs are also not intended to be the gospel on my feelings about you, my mailman, my boyfriend, or any of my Housewife friends (including their homes, pets, kids, friends, shoes and significant others.) This is a place to regard and rehash really important things, like “You drank too much and you’re acting weird,” or “I know I am, but what are you?”  I write these for my amusement, and I hope sometimes yours. If not, that's cool. We all know how to be cool.

First, Life. Is there anything cuter than Vinny and Baby? Vinny taught me in ten days what so many other relationships could not. For the first time I saw clearly my lifelong tendency to create temporary relationships -- whether with a pet or a man or a friend. My sister, Teresa, says I write my endings before I’ve lived the middle. She’s right. And as Dr. Seuss might say, “I’m a thinker of things. I’m a thinker of that.” It’s the way my brain is formed. It sucks in my hat. I study what happens in my life and I try to draw out the truths. I learn from them and sometimes the lesson is tough to come by but I get there eventually.

2 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I also enjoy her blogs but this week she is trying to rewrite what happened with Adam/Luann. In this blog she claims she told Luann about Adam 2 days after their first date and before their second date. That is not what she said last season. She told Heather that she and Adam had been inseparable the first week, after their first date, so which is it? Were they together for a week before she told Luann or was it only 1 day? Pick a lane/story and stick to it Carole. LOL 

• Love 4

Do you really think Carole studies her life like she says she does in her blog?  I don't believe it.  Otherwise she would realize her behavior with Bethenny excluding other HWs would shame her to the core.

• Love 8

What should Carole be ashamed of?  I do think she reflects on her life, as most of us do, perhaps more than others because she's a writer.  I think her strong feelings when someone else wanted the kitten shocked her, and things like that, when unexpected, do make you reflect on the reasons why.

• Love 3

Her mean girl behavior with Bethenny in trying to exclude co-workers who they know depend upon income based upon airtime from filming.  She should be ashamed.  She can't handle conflict like an adult.  Go on her twitter and look. She was no innocent in the whole Luann/Adam conflict. "Fuck'em if they don't like it" isn't the way friends deal with other friend's potentially hurt feelings. She doesn't have to accept Luann's apology, but she does have to move on in social settings and not try to exclude her from events.  Her behavior with Aviva (who was awful in her own right) was much of the same nonsense on Twitter.  For someone who probably has the most interesting past of all the HWs, Carole is probably the most inauthentic, cowardly and poseur-y of all the HWs on the show.  While her blogs are entertaining, she reminds me of Erika Jane who saved much of her stuff for Talking Heads.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

What should Carole be ashamed of?  I do think she reflects on her life, as most of us do, perhaps more than others because she's a writer.  I think her strong feelings when someone else wanted the kitten shocked her, and things like that, when unexpected, do make you reflect on the reasons why.

Having an epiphany doesn't necessarily mean that she is changing or will change anything. It just means she realized she was doing something without knowing it to avoid something else. And, she didn't say that she wanted to change her ways. 

• Love 2

Honestly though, if someone called me a pedophile and went nuts on Twitter about me and my new love, I wouldn't be all that eager to forgive either.  Or to forget.

It's not Carole's fault that Luann tried a strike with Sonja against Bravo and it failed.

Aside from all of that, from what I can tell about the trip? 

Spoiler

Luann goes and Carole gracefully bows out.

• Love 1

You have to realize that Carole is the biggest fraud of all the Housewives in all the franchises. She lies routinely. Is judgmental. Condescending.  A  hipster poseur who brings no storyline. Her only function is to serve as an appendage and an echo to a stronger personality. First Heather and now Methenny. 

There is a trend to bring on these remora fish to be a friend to the friendless. To be the echo to a friendless housewife that they want to keep in the mix. Erica Jayne did that for Yolanda. There seems to be a new girl on Orange County to back up Vicki this season. Carole fills that role. That is just about all she has ever done.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I also enjoy her blogs but this week she is trying to rewrite what happened with Adam/Luann. In this blog she claims she told Luann about Adam 2 days after their first date and before their second date. That is not what she said last season. She told Heather that she and Adam had been inseparable the first week, after their first date, so which is it? Were they together for a week before she told Luann or was it only 1 day? Pick a lane/story and stick to it Carole. LOL 

I didn't read her blog like that at all.  She said she told Lu after their second date.  She never mentions a number of days. Last season she said there were 7 days between their first date and when she told Lu.  I don't see any contradiction here.  This is what she said in her blog:

"I thumbed through Luann’s book on manners but she didn’t include a chapter on this. Based on prior experience with her, I assume it’s somewhere between “Hi, nice to meet you,” and the second date. I told Luann about Adam, who had dated her niece (a woman I met only briefly) right after our second date. We hadn’t even kissed, let alone got engaged. And boy, was she mad. Luann, who lives with Sonja, and was soul-mating Sonja’s ex, waited two months."

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

You have to realize that Carole is the biggest fraud of all the Housewives in all the franchises. She lies routinely. Is judgmental. Condescending.  A  hipster poseur who brings no storyline. Her only function is to serve as an appendage and an echo to a stronger personality. First Heather and now Methenny. 

There is a trend to bring on these remora fish to be a friend to the friendless. To be the echo to a friendless housewife that they want to keep in the mix. Erica Jayne did that for Yolanda. There seems to be a new girl on Orange County to back up Vicki this season. Carole fills that role. That is just about all she has ever done.

They hired Heather and Carole the same season. There was no way to determine if either would get along with any of the other HWs or not. In fact, Heather got along with all but Ramona and Carole with all but Luann. IMO, neither was "hired" to just be a friend of/with the other.

31 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I didn't read her blog like that at all.  She said she told Lu after their second date.  She never mentions a number of days. Last season she said there were 7 days between their first date and when she told Lu.  I don't see any contradiction here.  This is what she said in her blog:

"I thumbed through Luann’s book on manners but she didn’t include a chapter on this. Based on prior experience with her, I assume it’s somewhere between “Hi, nice to meet you,” and the second date. I told Luann about Adam, who had dated her niece (a woman I met only briefly) right after our second date. We hadn’t even kissed, let alone got engaged. And boy, was she mad. Luann, who lives with Sonja, and was soul-mating Sonja’s ex, waited two months."

Last season Carole told Heather that she/Adam were inseparable since their first date, not their second date, and that she was worried about telling Luann as well as saying that she didn't tell Luann right away because she wasn't sure she/Adam were anything more than a hookup at first (last part my wording, her sentiment). In her blog, Carole says that she told Luann after the second date, a week later, making it sound like she only saw Adam 2 times, which is very different from what she said at the time/during filming last season. I think she would have been more accurate in the moment last year than now. I do think she is down playing her/Adams timeline to cast a negative light on Luann not telling Ramona or Sonja. IMO, she, Luann, didn't need to tell Ramona/Sonja as neither was currently dating Tom and neither had been in a romantic relationship with him to begin with. But that doesn't mean that Carole can rewrite the timeline last season to suit her desire to make Luann look bad. LOL

• Love 3
On 6/14/2016 at 6:33 PM, lunastartron said:

A dishy, well written, and comprehensive overview of Lee's life for anyone interested (zoeysmom, you may enjoy. . . although you also may already by familiar). Anthony's dad was broke when he passed; thus, Anthony (and by extension Carole) boasted no money from that lineage. Lee lead the efforts to save the Beales. She and Jackie would likely not telegraph as "good people" -too competitive, cagey, and complex - but Lee's beauty and magnetism are evident even in still photographs. lhttp://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/04/jackie-kennedy-lee-radziwill-sisterhood 

I'd read the complete opposite about Lee helping out the Beales. I wish I could find the article. From what I can recall Lee contacted the Maysles because she wanted a documentary about her childhood. The Maysles said they'd be interested if Jackie would participate. Lee convinced Jackie to be involved and Lee footed the costs for the film. While filming, the Maysles met the Edies and felt like they would make better subjects. Lee withdrew her funding and demanded all of the existing footage, which she got. Lee was broke-ish around that time and likely couldn't have contributed much money to the Beales, but maybe she put in some sweat equity. I find it doubtful because this was around the time that she was divorcing the broke prince Radziwill and she dumped her kids on Jackie to raise. She appears to have been a diletante and a spendthrift. Nor does she seem to be particularly generous. There is also the lawsuit of her good friend Truman Capote. He had bent over to help kick-start her nonexistent acting career. She repeated some bit of gossip to Capote. Capote repeated it. He was later sued for slander by Gore Vidal. He asked her to testify on his behalf. She refused and said it didn't matter because it was a bunch of f*gs fighting.

She did and does have incredible style. But she really comes across as a narcissistic monster to me.

• Love 7

Also Carole and Heather really didn't bond until the beginning of St. Barts when they realized they were the only two people who who enjoyed laying on the beach reading actual books and taking an occasional dip in the ocean.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

They hired Heather and Carole the same season. There was no way to determine if either would get along with any of the other HWs or not. In fact, Heather got along with all but Ramona and Carole with all but Luann. IMO, neither was "hired" to just be a friend of/with the other.

Last season Carole told Heather that she/Adam were inseparable since their first date, not their second date, and that she was worried about telling Luann as well as saying that she didn't tell Luann right away because she wasn't sure she/Adam were anything more than a hookup at first (last part my wording, her sentiment). In her blog, Carole says that she told Luann after the second date, a week later, making it sound like she only saw Adam 2 times, which is very different from what she said at the time/during filming last season. I think she would have been more accurate in the moment last year than now. I do think she is down playing her/Adams timeline to cast a negative light on Luann not telling Ramona or Sonja. IMO, she, Luann, didn't need to tell Ramona/Sonja as neither was currently dating Tom and neither had been in a romantic relationship with him to begin with. But that doesn't mean that Carole can rewrite the timeline last season to suit her desire to make Luann look bad. LOL

I'm sure there are lots of ways to read into what Carole said. The main thing is that Carole said - and Lu agreed with the timeline because it had only been a week since Carole met Adam at her house, is that she waited a whole 7 days to tell her. What Carole told Heather at the time was that their first date went on forever. I believe she said they went out, then talked all night, and continued to hang out the entire next day. Carole probably considered they just had a really long first date. She waited to tell Lu until they had gone out on a second date. Maybe the 2nd date was right away and it also lasted a couple of days. Maybe Carole considers "inseparable" facetiming all the time, texting and talking on the phone between being together. It's not hard to get to 7 days. I guess I just don't see anything different in what she is saying now and what she said then. Is there a huge difference in 2 dates and in 7 days? Either way, its a really big difference to the 8 weeks that Lu waited to loop Ramona in. Which is only an issue because Lu made it one initially. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I'm sure there are lots of ways to read into what Carole said. The main thing is that Carole said - and Lu agreed with the timeline because it had only been a week since Carole met Adam at her house, is that she waited a whole 7 days to tell her. What Carole told Heather at the time was that their first date went on forever. I believe she said they went out, then talked all night, and continued to hang out the entire next day. Carole probably considered they just had a really long first date. She waited to tell Lu until they had gone out on a second date. Maybe the 2nd date was right away and it also lasted a couple of days. Maybe Carole considers "inseparable" facetiming all the time, texting and talking on the phone between being together. It's not hard to get to 7 days. I guess I just don't see anything different in what she is saying now and what she said then. Is there a huge difference in 2 dates and in 7 days? Either way, its a really big difference to the 8 weeks that Lu waited to loop Ramona in. Which is only an issue because Lu made it one initially. 

It is still rewriting history or down playing on Carole's part IMO. Is Luann guilty of hypocrisy? YES!!!! (LOL) And I said so when she announced she was dating Tom but that doesn't mean that Carole gets to shade her own truth because of it. I understood/supported why Carole didn't tell Luann right off of the bat last season and I understand/support why Luann did the same with Sonja/Ramona this season.

9 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Maybe you are right. Carole was not hired as a sidekick but that is all she can be. She brings nothing to the table.

what a waste of space.

Not everyone needs to be the focal of everyone's attention like Bethenny does. That said, she hasn't brought much of her own life to the show this season, other than a few clips of Adam/Baby/cat.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

It is still rewriting history or down playing on Carole's part IMO. Is Luann guilty of hypocrisy? YES!!!! (LOL) And I said so when she announced she was dating Tom but that doesn't mean that Carole gets to shade her own truth because of it. I understood/supported why Carole didn't tell Luann right off of the bat last season and I understand/support why Luann did the same with Sonja/Ramona this season.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I cannot see how saying it took her a week to tell Lu last year, and saying today that it took her a week to tell Lu now in her blog is shading anything. Seems exactly the same to me. I think you are putting a lot of weight on the word "inseparable" and assuming the word means the same to everyone. If she spent 3 or 4 days with him on a couple of dates in a 7 day time frame, in her world that might mean inseparable. It would to me, simply because it is out of the ordinary for me. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. I cannot see how saying it took her a week to tell Lu last year, and saying today that it took her a week to tell Lu now in her blog is shading anything. Seems exactly the same to me. I think you are putting a lot of weight on the word "inseparable" and assuming the word means the same to everyone. If she spent 3 or 4 days with him on a couple of dates in a 7 day time frame, in her world that might mean inseparable. It would to me, simply because it is out of the ordinary for me. It seems harsh to accuse her of lying about something because of one word. The reality is, if she is lying about that particular deal, it means she is in fact a liar and I would have to give her a much closer look about everything. It would make Lu right in everything that happened last year, and I just cannot see a way to do that. It would make Heather wrong if she knew that Carole was lying about it all. I just cannot go there. 

It took Carole 2 weeks to tell Luann last season, not 1. Her reason back then was that she wasn't sure if she and Adam were just a hookup or if it had the potential to be something more serious for both of them and she waited until she knew before letting Luann in on it. It wasn't 1 or 2 dates and it was 2 weeks later. I supported Carole last season on this but I can't support her rewriting the timeline just to make Luann look more like a hypocrite than she already is. There is/was no reason for Carole to change up the facts, none, and by doing so she lost the high ground IMO.

ETA, I don't think Carole lying about the timeline in her blog makes Luann right, it only make Carole wrong about the lie this season.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

Would it be fair to say, most of the parties make casual statements and later those statements are held to under oath and under penalty of perjury standards?  Not just by posters but by combatants in the RH wars.  I think they should stop pointing out inconsistencies or labelling people hypocrites because in almost every case the finger pointer has also engaged in questionable behavior.

To me, a good example, while in the line of fire and two against one, Luann may have been thinking "dating" in the mating sense.  She said Tom told her it was an out to dinner thing.  I would think there would be no need for a confirmation by Ramona or a stupid "girl code" violation.  The girl code I read said the not dating someone's ex is out the window if the guy is popular and everyone wants to date him.  Again "girl code" is a set of rules designed for 15 year olds, who all wonder the same high school hallways.

Luann and Carole did exactly the same thing, they found attraction, spent some time with the man, inquired about the status of the man's relationship (with Nicole and Ramona) and waited to later to disclose the direction of their relationship.  I am still at a loss why Sonja had not heard of the Tom news until January when it was a big part of the mid-December argument.  I would think since Luann put it out there her dear friends, Ramona, Dorinda and Carole would have disclosed.    I think that was some camera time dreamed up by Sonja.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Is it possible to be a hipster and not a poseur?

• Love 4

Carole is sounding like such and immature asshole on Twitter right now. But some of the comments to her questioning critiquing her and her wannabe burn responses ? 

She and Beth should get some of the Twitter verse to write the rehersed  zingers they so love to use for them. Because they are being schooled. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Carole is sounding like such and immature asshole on Twitter right now. But some of the comments to her questioning critiquing her and her wannabe burn responses ? 

She and Beth should get some of the Twitter verse to write the rehersed  zingers they so love to use for them. Because they are being schooled. 

What did she tweet?  I just checked and the only thing I see is her answering a tweet saying "no never" apparently to someone saying she hooked up with Tom herself.

Edited by Umbelina
(edited)
16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'd read the complete opposite about Lee helping out the Beales. I wish I could find the article. From what I can recall Lee contacted the Maysles because she wanted a documentary about her childhood. The Maysles said they'd be interested if Jackie would participate. Lee convinced Jackie to be involved and Lee footed the costs for the film. While filming, the Maysles met the Edies and felt like they would make better subjects. Lee withdrew her funding and demanded all of the existing footage, which she got. Lee was broke-ish around that time and likely couldn't have contributed much money to the Beales, but maybe she put in some sweat equity. I find it doubtful because this was around the time that she was divorcing the broke prince Radziwill and she dumped her kids on Jackie to raise. She appears to have been a diletante and a spendthrift. Nor does she seem to be particularly generous. There is also the lawsuit of her good friend Truman Capote. He had bent over to help kick-start her nonexistent acting career. She repeated some bit of gossip to Capote. Capote repeated it. He was later sued for slander by Gore Vidal. He asked her to testify on his behalf. She refused and said it didn't matter because it was a bunch of f*gs fighting.

She did and does have incredible style. But she really comes across as a narcissistic monster to me.

Actually, the previous writings about Lee that I've read are more commensurate with the account of the Grey Gardens production that you recount. The portrait rendered by most sources is indeed one of a grotesquely self-involved textbook alcoholic reminiscent of Kim Richards. However, I do think photographic evidence suggests that she exuded a vibrancy and joie de vivre that was probably quite initially enchanting.

And I tend to believe that her friendship with Capote was warped by resentment, possessiveness, and a non-sexual unrequited love on his part. I've seen enough Ryan Murphy programs that simultaneously fetishize and punish/humiliate the glamorous female characters that  I have no trouble imagining him betraying, undermining, and/or trying to destroy her. /s

20 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Well, in the span of her entire time on the show, I personally would be ashamed if cameras captured me calling an ostensible friend's significant other "sweaty and misshapen," especially if said so had done nothing offensive to me personally; assaulting a colleague by grabbing her face, particularly if said physical transgression occurred while I was a guest in that co-worker's home; blowing off professional obligations because I couldn't get it together after several years to compose essays that I signed a contract deliver when I spent an entire season asserting how being a writer was the defining feature of my identity and working on "craft" was so sacrosanct to me that I just had to shit all over co-workers who dared to make their own foray into memoir authorship; and/or having a hard-on for hating on a specific castmate so bad that I pronounced with the confidence unique to abject stupidity that "anyone who's passed the third grade knows" that a particular ethnic designation is "racist" when, actually, it's not.

I generally find Carole's arguments intellectually vacuous and contradictory so perhaps it's inevitable that I find the premise that she's just approaching her blogs with "tongue firmly in cheek" dishonest.

Because she was certainly dead serious earlier this year when decrying LuAnn and Jules for "misogyny" (you know, while identifying men by physical characteristics like weight and/or perspiration as well as highlighting Jules's body and Lu's deep voice) and giggling about the "skinny dipping plus incident" when Lu supposedly had sexual relations with "a young boy" "not much older than her old son."

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

She said Luann had narcissist personality disorder and mocked it. And she was was being a smart ass to tweeters 

Well, I kind of like smart asses, especially if people are tweeting hateful things, but I looked at her twitter and didn't see anything.  ??

• Love 1