Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

I understand what you're saying, mcm, about irreversible damage.  But they all talk smack and who knows how much of it is true.  For instance:  Heather being so deeply hurt and speculating about Luann "maybe" cheating on Jacques was wrong, too.  Number one, not Heather's biz.  Number two, bringing it up on TV.  It could have been the catalyst for the end of Lu's relationship.  We don't know.  Carole talking about Sonja getting it in the booty from the pirate.  How do we know that's true?  How close did Carole have to get, while watching Sonja and the pirate, to know what hole was being utilized? Good thing Sonja likely laughed it off.  She could have gone all Radzi and gotten face grabby and mean and turned it into a weeks long feud, too. But AFAIK, Sonja gave it no further wheels.  (Although, I can't NOT think about that trip without imagining Sonja bent over the garden bench being pillaged by the pirate.  In the booty.  So thanks, Carole.)

I disagree in that I believe if Carole had laughed off Aviva's initial question, it wouldn't have become an accusation at all.  It might have just stayed a question. Then everyone could have moved on. 

• Love 3

I don't see the correlation, to be honest. Carole has said that it took her about five years to write What Remains. And I've continued to maintain (here and in previous episode threads) that she's not an outlier or an anomaly in being a writer who takes a few years to complete a project. That she was (rightfully, in my opinion) upset at Aviva's assault and spreading of malicious gossip doesn't contradict Carole saying that she currently prefers to be out and living her life for this moment before buckling down and getting this book of essays complete. 

She's entitled to live her life however she pleases, obviously.  I personally think it's a pretty big mistake, for a writer of no great renown or a lifetime's worth of accomplishment--for any writer, really, but especially one who might be on the bubble when it comes to future publication based on the lackluster performance of her latest book--to show herself on national TV being so reckless about deadlines and contractual obligations to produce.  Fewer than 1% of people who want to be published get that privilege.  It's a very select circle they're invited into, and most of them have the sense to show a genuine appreciation for that.  (And none of them--I can tell you this for a flat-out fact--get to approve every word and comma that's changed!  Truly a ridiculous thing for her to say.)  It might be possible to live a happy life and still do the work you claim to love.  And the Bravo paycheck clearly isn't going to be there a whole lot longer.  But it's not my job to be the Scourge of Radziwill.  I already have a full-time job.  With deadlines.  So I'll call it done on this one.

• Love 5

(Although, I can't NOT think about that trip without imagining Sonja bent over the garden bench being pillaged by the pirate.  In the booty.  So thanks, Carole.)

I'm glad it wasn't a clown. We'd have lost you forever. :D

(Although a highlight reel set to circus music might have cleared Sonja's debt...)

• Love 3

I understand what you're saying, mcm, about irreversible damage.  But they all talk smack and who knows how much of it is true.  For instance:  Heather being so deeply hurt and speculating about Luann "maybe" cheating on Jacques was wrong, too.  Number one, not Heather's biz.  Number two, bringing it up on TV.  It could have been the catalyst for the end of Lu's relationship.  We don't know.  Carole talking about Sonja getting it in the booty from the pirate.  How do we know that's true?  How close did Carole have to get, while watching Sonja and the pirate, to know what hole was being utilized? Good thing Sonja likely laughed it off.  She could have gone all Radzi and gotten face grabby and mean and turned it into a weeks long feud, too. But AFAIK, Sonja gave it no further wheels.  (Although, I can't NOT think about that trip without imagining Sonja bent over the garden bench being pillaged by the pirate.  In the booty.  So thanks, Carole.)

I disagree in that I believe if Carole had laughed off Aviva's initial question, it wouldn't have become an accusation at all.  It might have just stayed a question. Then everyone could have moved on. 

I had forgotten how Heather claimed in her TH's to be so concerned for poor Jacque and hurt on his behalf when Lu was banging the pirate. I honestly can't tell with her sometimes what's sincere, because she seemed sincere, and yet the idea was so ludicrous. Luanne is your friend, not Jacque, and you don't know the details of their love life or arrangement. Heather was a pretty shitty friend outing Lu like that. Oddly enough Lu didn't seem to care at the time? 

I also thought the only reason Aviva brought up Carol possibly having a ghostwriter was because Carol first asked Aviva if SHE was using a ghostwriter. And Carol knew she was, so basically she was trying to out Aviva for that. I never understood that, except that Carol already seemed to dislike Aviva at that point and maybe was annoyed someone like Aviva was going around calling herself a writer. Which I guess I get? Carol wrote a beautiful, heartfelt memoir, but Aviva was allowed to want to share her story too. Of course, Aviva is a total nutcase, so it's hard to defend her even now. 

All these women suck at one time or another really. 

• Love 1

I had forgotten how Heather claimed in her TH's to be so concerned for poor Jacque and hurt on his behalf when Lu was banging the pirate. I honestly can't tell with her sometimes what's sincere, because she seemed sincere, and yet the idea was so ludicrous. Luanne is your friend, not Jacque, and you don't know the details of their love life or arrangement. Heather was a pretty shitty friend outing Lu like that. Oddly enough Lu didn't seem to care at the time? 

I also thought the only reason Aviva brought up Carol possibly having a ghostwriter was because Carol first asked Aviva if SHE was using a ghostwriter. And Carol knew she was, so basically she was trying to out Aviva for that. I never understood that, except that Carol already seemed to dislike Aviva at that point and maybe was annoyed someone like Aviva was going around calling herself a writer. Which I guess I get? Carol wrote a beautiful, heartfelt memoir, but Aviva was allowed to want to share her story too. Of course, Aviva is a total nutcase, so it's hard to defend her even now. 

Did Heather really out LuAnn, though? Weren't Heather's comments in a TH, which would mean that production already knew something had happened between LuAnn and the pirate? They would have known not only from LuAnn trying to be slick by speaking French to her friend on the phone, but because that same night the friend was supposed to come over, Sonja was all up in the house talking about how LuAnn had already had her turn with Tomas, so that night would be Sonja's night with him? I mean, Sonja certainly made no bones about something having had happened between LuAnn and the pirate.

As for Heather's concern for jacques--I thought it was genuine. She is the same woman who got upset with how Ramona and Mario were making fun on Jacques accent as he and LuAnn left whatever party it was.

• Love 3

I also thought the only reason Aviva brought up Carol possibly having a ghostwriter was because Carol first asked Aviva if SHE was using a ghostwriter.

Yasss!  I just got back from my walk and I was thinking....let's discuss who brought up having a ghostwriter/help first. Didn't Carole ask Aviva first?  Because that's the way I remember it. 

Oddly enough Lu didn't seem to care at the time? 

I think Lu is smarter than Carole and just decided not to make it a huge deal.  Because we see where it got Carole by responding so vehemently to Aviva's question.

Carol wrote a beautiful, heartfelt memoir, but Aviva was allowed to want to share her story too.

But Aviva didn't spend yeaaaarrrrrrs honing her skills and perfecting her craft.  She didn't suffer for her art.  She was a nothing.  Writing couldn't possibly be like writing a long email. 

True dat.  Every one of 'em gets their chance to shine.

• Love 1

IIRC, Heather was the one that told the other ladies, Carole at least, that LuAnn brought a man home. In THs, she outed the guy as Thomas and challenged LuAnn's story about "the Italians". It seems like the other ladies only knew about Thomas because Heather started talking about it the next day. It wasn't on camera, and LuAnn only made the call that got caught on tape because the ladies in the house were talking about it, thanks to Heather.

• Love 2
(edited)

At the time when pirategate happen, Heather and Luann were not friends, they were castmates, now after three seasons and hanging out together maybe Luann was under the impression that Carole and Heather were her friends but when in search of a story line all bets are off and that is something that Luann should remember.

Edited by Leroux
(edited)

At the time when pirategate happen, Heather and Luann were not friends, they were castmates, now after three seasons and hanging out together maybe Luann was under the impression that Carole and Heather were her friends but when in search of a story line all bets are off and that is something that Luann should remember.

When Lu went in search of a storyline she should have made sure she had her HW's in a row already, yes.

Edited by Crikey
(edited)

Did Heather really out LuAnn, though? Weren't Heather's comments in a TH, which would mean that production already knew something had happened between LuAnn and the pirate? They would have known not only from LuAnn trying to be slick by speaking French to her friend on the phone, but because that same night the friend was supposed to come over, Sonja was all up in the house talking about how LuAnn had already had her turn with Tomas, so that night would be Sonja's night with him? I mean, Sonja certainly made no bones about something having had happened between LuAnn and the pirate.

As for Heather's concern for jacques--I thought it was genuine. She is the same woman who got upset with how Ramona and Mario were making fun on Jacques accent as he and LuAnn left whatever party it was.

She outed her when she told Carol about it the next day, yes. Production didn't have anything concrete on her and Heather flat out said what happened. But of course, Luann was dumb enough to bring it all up in French on the phone the next night, as if production couldn't get a translator.  

I honestly can't tell if the concern for Jacques was sincere, but even if it was, I think it's silly. But I still think Heather is pretty great overall. 

Whoops this is Carol's topic! Well I run hot and cold with her too. She's so much better when she's not doing an impersonation of an annoying 20something. 

Edited by racked

Yasss!  I just got back from my walk and I was thinking....let's discuss who brought up having a ghostwriter/help first. Didn't Carole ask Aviva first?  Because that's the way I remember it. 

I think Lu is smarter than Carole and just decided not to make it a huge deal.  Because we see where it got Carole by responding so vehemently to Aviva's question.

But Aviva didn't spend yeaaaarrrrrrs honing her skills and perfecting her craft.  She didn't suffer for her art.  She was a nothing.  Writing couldn't possibly be like writing a long email. 

True dat.  Every one of 'em gets their chance to shine.

Carole asked about Aviva using a GW because Aviva asked her to find out about a specific GW FOR her.

She outed her when she told Carol about it the next day, yes. Production didn't have anything concrete on her and Heather flat out said what happened. But of course, Luann was dumb enough to bring it all up in French on the phone the next night, as if production couldn't get a translator.  

I honestly can't tell if the concern for Jacques was sincere, but even if it was, I think it's silly. But I still think Heather is pretty great overall. 

Whoops this is Carol's topic! Well I run hot and cold with her too. She's so much better when she's not doing an impersonation of an annoying 20something. 

Luann outed herself when she spoke on the phone to her friend with her MIC ON! No one else had to say 1 word about the pirate and IMO, LuAnn was more than proud that she shagged him. LOL

• Love 1

IIRC, Heather was the one that told the other ladies, Carole at least, that LuAnn brought a man home. In THs, she outed the guy as Thomas and challenged LuAnn's story about "the Italians". It seems like the other ladies only knew about Thomas because Heather started talking about it the next day. It wasn't on camera, and LuAnn only made the call that got caught on tape because the ladies in the house were talking about it, thanks to Heather.

I don't recall if it was Heather, but I thought the genesis was several HW were talking about it off-camera but with their mic packs live. So it got caught by production. Then LuAnn forgot that walking away while wearing a mic doesn't equal privacy and called to make up the story about the Italians.

Didn't someone post a link to a discussion of this with someone from production, where he said LuAnn asked him "as a friend" if it was bad and she needed to call Jacques to let him know. And the production guy told her she needed to make that call.

• Love 2
(edited)

Luann outed herself when she spoke on the phone to her friend with her MIC ON! No one else had to say 1 word about the pirate and IMO, LuAnn was more than proud that she shagged him. LOL

The only reason LuAnn had that conversation is because the ladies in the house were talking about it, because Heather outed LuAnn to Carole. If Heather had not told Carole, I don't think any of the other ladies would have known, it didn't seem like anyone else knew. (this should probably move to Memory Lane so I will be going there) Edited by shoegal

The only reason LuAnn had that conversation is because the ladies in the house were talking about it, because Heather outed LuAnn to Carole. If Heather had not told Carole, I don't think any of the other ladies would have known, it didn't seem like anyone else knew. (this should probably move to Memory Lane so I will be going there)

So, no one is to talk about anyone else during filming? REALLY? The show would have folded after season 1. LOL  Heather never said that she "saw" LuAnn and the pirate get it on, just that she heard LuAnn and another person, a guy, outside the guest cottage where she and Carole were sleeping. Heather did NOT walk in on LuAnn having sex with the pirate in HER, LuAnn's, room. It was Sonja that had sex with him in a public area and was caught by Carole.

• Love 2
(edited)

So, no one is to talk about anyone else during filming? REALLY? The show would have folded after season 1. LOL Heather never said that she "saw" LuAnn and the pirate get it on, just that she heard LuAnn and another person, a guy, outside the guest cottage where she and Carole were sleeping. Heather did NOT walk in on LuAnn having sex with the pirate in HER, LuAnn's, room. It was Sonja that had sex with him in a public area and was caught by Carole.

Not sure what you are talking about with "no one else is to talk about anyone else during filming", but no one else was talking about seeing LuAnn and Thomas together but Heather. The other ladies heard voices, but didn't know who exactly it was, LuAnn said it was a group of Italians, no one but Heather knew it was Thomas. Heather said LuAnn came to her room with Thomas.

I also thought it was Heather that outed Sonja and Thomas as well, she says in a TH that she and LuAnn heard a commotion in one of the spare rooms and she (Heather) walks in on Sonja and Thomas.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

I don't see the correlation, to be honest. Carole has said that it took her about five years to write What Remains. And I've continued to maintain (here and in previous episode threads) that she's not an outlier or an anomaly in being a writer who takes a few years to complete a project. That she was (rightfully, in my opinion) upset at Aviva's assault and spreading of malicious gossip doesn't contradict Carole saying that she currently prefers to be out and living her life for this moment before buckling down and getting this book of essays complete.

Exactly. I agree that Carole has made herself look somewhat unprofessional with her missed deadlines, but she either doesn't think so, or doesn't care. But regardless, unprofessional doesn't = ghostwriter. How she is and talks on the show, her TH's, and her blogs from the previous two years are all in the same voice. Anyone who watched Teresa Giudice on RHONJ knows the girl can't string words together to complete a coherent sentence, yet her weekly blogs made her sound like the next Harper Lee. (Oops! Maybe not the best choice for this argument). Not the case with Carole.

• Love 3

Not sure what you are talking about with "no one else is to talk about anyone else during filming", but no one else was talking about seeing LuAnn and Thomas together but Heather. The other ladies heard voices, but didn't know who exactly it was, LuAnn said it was a group of Italians, no one but Heather knew it was Thomas. Heather said LuAnn came to her room with Thomas.

I also thought it was Heather that outed Sonja and Thomas as well, she says in a TH that she and LuAnn heard a commotion in one of the spare rooms and she (Heather) walks in on Sonja and Thomas.

Heather said they came to her room, not that she let them in! And she did NOT say they had sex! It was Carole that outed Sonja/Thomas and the anal sex in the garden, not Heather.

Your post that I replied to "The only reason LuAnn had that conversation is because the ladies in the house were talking about it, because Heather outed LuAnn to Carole." I took that post as you believe that no one should talk about anyone else and that led to my follow up question and comment was "So, no one is to talk about anyone else during filming? REALLY? The show would have folded after season 1."

And once again, Heather did NOT say that LuAnn had sex with him, just that she brought him back to the house with her.

• Love 1

Heather said they came to her room, not that she let them in! And she did NOT say they had sex! It was Carole that outed Sonja/Thomas and the anal sex in the garden, not Heather.

Your post that I replied to "The only reason LuAnn had that conversation is because the ladies in the house were talking about it, because Heather outed LuAnn to Carole." I took that post as you believe that no one should talk about anyone else and that led to my follow up question and comment was "So, no one is to talk about anyone else during filming? REALLY? The show would have folded after season 1."

And once again, Heather did NOT say that LuAnn had sex with him, just that she brought him back to the house with her.

I'm taking this to Memory Lane

So, no one is to talk about anyone else during filming? REALLY? The show would have folded after season

That wasn't the point.  It was about how they all talk trash about each other so why should Aviva not talk about what she heard about Carole?  Sure it makes Aviva look like a turd, but they all do it to each other but only a certain few are called out on it.

That wasn't the point.  It was about how they all talk trash about each other so why should Aviva not talk about what she heard about Carole?  Sure it makes Aviva look like a turd, but they all do it to each other but only a certain few are called out on it.

No, that post of mine was not in response to your post about Aviva. LOL

In response to yours, I ask why do that to someone you "admire", which is exactly what Aviva said about Carole the prior season and someone that helped you, which Carole did in vetting the GW FOR Aviva. Aviva used the GW accusation as her storyline and to promote her own book at the expense of Carole's book and Carole's career/livelihood. JMO

• Love 1
(edited)

Carole asked about Aviva using a GW because Aviva asked her to find out about a specific GW FOR her.

But she asked her off camera. It was pretty clear Carol wanted that info on camera and Aviva didn't. Carol started that war IMO.

Edited by racked
  • Love 1

But she asked her off camera. It was pretty clear Carol wanted that info on camera and Aviva didn't. Carol started that war IMO.

If Aviva didn't want it to be known that she was asking Carole to vet a GW, then she should have said it was just between the 2 of them. I really do not think Carole thought Aviva using a GW was a bad thing or anything to be embarrassed about as it is a rather common practice and I do think Carole was surprised by how Aviva reacted. Had Aviva just said that No, she didn't use the GW and left it at that there would have been no "bookgate" at all but instead, Aviva attacked.

• Love 1

If Aviva didn't want it to be known that she was asking Carole to vet a GW, then she should have said it was just between the 2 of them. I really do not think Carole thought Aviva using a GW was a bad thing or anything to be embarrassed about as it is a rather common practice and I do think Carole was surprised by how Aviva reacted. Had Aviva just said that No, she didn't use the GW and left it at that there would have been no "bookgate" at all but instead, Aviva attacked.

Nah totally disagree. Carol knew Aviva didn't want that aired. But agree to disagree. The vivs is thankfully long gone and on to worse reality tv.

• Love 1

So I was just searching for Carole's Twitter, and happened to see her mother-in-law's Twitter feed.  Lee Radziwill is PISSED at her about the whole thing with her husband Anthony's ashes coming up next week!  I thought they had a decent relationship, but Carole might have fucked that up for good. 

Lee Radziwill ‏@LeeRadziwill 6h6 hours ago

Is it funny that Carole keeps me in the dark about where my son's ashes are? #RHONY

Lee Radziwill ‏@LeeRadziwill 7h7 hours ago

I implore you to not watch next week's #RHONY.
I hope you never lose a child, nor have to watch his remains transferred on TV. #BoycottBravo

(As a refresher...Lee Radziwill was Jackie Kennedy Onassis' sister, ex-wife of Prince Staz Radziwill, mother to Prince Anthony Radziwill, who was the late husband of Carole.)

How is that a parody? Yes, I doubt that Lee R would actually have a Twitter account but it's just weird that someone would fake one and Carole would follow it.

You would be surprised to see how many HWs follow twitter accounts that use their own name! LOL

Parody is probably not the word I'm looking for. I don't know why, but there are folks who create accounts using someone else's name, likely in hopes that the person will buy it from the squatter. They essentially squat on the account (much like is done sometime with domain names. Who is the politician who doesn't own her own domain name? Someone purchased it, and then went and made the background image something about how she cut jobs or something). 

Carole took a risk in letting Anthony's ashes become part of an episode.  It might be handled with as much dignity as hauling your husbands urn in a taxicab can be.  Or Bravo, being as brazen as they are with editing, could make it a farce that the forums and recappers will make fun of for a long time to come. 

Whether the Twitter account is real or fake, it did make me wonder what Lee will think of the episode.  If she's watching.  And maybe Carole doesn't care what her MIL or any of the Radziwills think and that's why she took the risk. 

• Love 2

Carole took a risk in letting Anthony's ashes become part of an episode.  It might be handled with as much dignity as hauling your husbands urn in a taxicab can be.  Or Bravo, being as brazen as they are with editing, could make it a farce that the forums and recappers will make fun of for a long time to come. 

Whether the Twitter account is real or fake, it did make me wonder what Lee will think of the episode.  If she's watching.  And maybe Carole doesn't care what her MIL or any of the Radziwills think and that's why she took the risk. 

I doubt Lee watches this show, but I enjoy the twitter account. Whoever runs it is also a big fan of Shahs of Sunset and seeing a fake Lee Radziwill talk about Golnesa and MJ is hilarious. 

Agree about Carol and the ashes, I just don't know she'd allow that to be filmed. 

• Love 1

Pretty sure she lives in Paris so unless she knows how to use proxies or torrents I doubt she'll be watching. I also doubt she'd watch bravo in general.

Her primary res is in NYC.   I went to see the Rolling Stones last week and came away thinking that Mick Jagger is the sexiest older guy I've ever seen with my own two eyes.  In this interview, Lee traveled all over the country, on the Rolling Stones' tour bus, to concerts with Truman Capote to write an article for Rolling Stone magazine.  She had an awesome time, she says, but found Mick to be repulsive. How can that be??  She's a salty old broad.  This interview is from 2013.

And if she's not watching RHONY (I think she is LOL), I'm sure any number of her friends in NYC have clued her in that her boy's ashes are starring in next week's episode.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/t-magazine/100000002039335/interview-lee-radziwill.html

• Love 2

Nor is it "right" IMO to use your dead husband's ashes as a reality TV story line. I had more sympathy when she was talking to Dorinda about the whole crazy situation of the church being sold and everyone having to remove their relatives' ashes.

Conversely, I had no problem with Vicki on RHoOC being shown crying over news of her mother's death and talking about the funeral after she attended. Other than crying along with her and wanting never to see those scenes again. At least Vicki didn't come back waving around an empty mayonnaise jar with some of her mom's ashes or something. I suppose Carole will be basically respectful, I just don't care about the whole thing and think she should have found something else in her fabulous NYC Carrie Bradshaw life to show us. I could even tolerate more scenes riding on Adam's bicycle and hanging out with him in somebody else's kitchen.

• Love 2

There's been lots of discussion, not just on this forum, but on all the RH forums on which I've participated, about which parts of the women's lives should be shown.  We lament being shown only the foofraw - parties, lunches, etc.  We complain about only being shown fights. We ask for "real life". But then we don't want to see active addiction. We don't want to see the "boring" home life.  We don't want to see how grief works and how, sometimes, when you lose a loved one, that isn't the "end".  Of course, we haven't seen this episode yet, so we don't know what will be shown, but the loss of Anthony and having to deal with it even now is a very real part of Carole's life.  I'm interested in seeing her being fleshed out more.  We've gotten to see Carole the carefree writer who enjoys dating and flirting.  We've seen Carole the friend. I'm interested in knowing/hearing more about Carole's relationship with Anthony and how she dealt with the loss of him and how that continues to affect her life.

• Love 10

Nor is it "right" IMO to use your dead husband's ashes as a reality TV story line. I had more sympathy when she was talking to Dorinda about the whole crazy situation of the church being sold and everyone having to remove their relatives' ashes.

Conversely, I had no problem with Vicki on RHoOC being shown crying over news of her mother's death and talking about the funeral after she attended. Other than crying along with her and wanting never to see those scenes again. At least Vicki didn't come back waving around an empty mayonnaise jar with some of her mom's ashes or something. I suppose Carole will be basically respectful, I just don't care about the whole thing and think she should have found something else in her fabulous NYC Carrie Bradshaw life to show us. I could even tolerate more scenes riding on Adam's bicycle and hanging out with him in somebody else's kitchen.

Yes.

I think , had they just filmed her going over to UK but let her get the ashes and deal with that sans cameras, it would be more respectful.  Let them go to a pub or two, maybe shop at Harrods for the cameras.  I saw previews of Vicki at a medium.  That was OTT for me.

• Love 2
(edited)

There's been lots of discussion, not just on this forum, but on all the RH forums on which I've participated, about which parts of the women's lives should be shown.  We lament being shown only the foofraw - parties, lunches, etc.  We complain about only being shown fights. We ask for "real life". But then we don't want to see active addiction. We don't want to see the "boring" home life.  We don't want to see how grief works and how, sometimes, when you lose a loved one, that isn't the "end".  Of course, we haven't seen this episode yet, so we don't know what will be shown, but the loss of Anthony and having to deal with it even now is a very real part of Carole's life.  I'm interested in seeing her being fleshed out more.  We've gotten to see Carole the carefree writer who enjoys dating and flirting.  We've seen Carole the friend. I'm interested in knowing/hearing more about Carole's relationship with Anthony and how she dealt with the loss of him and how that continues to affect her life.

I tend to like Carole in general, but some of her quiet moments they've shown have left me wanting to hear more. Like, when the women were at that restaurant after Dorinda freaked out because Heather didn't wait to walk in together, and Carole commented about experiencing PTSD after Anthony's passing. Or when she commented so lovely about Anthony when she and Bethenny were at CB2.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5

I have always wondered if Carole is unable to commit or remarry because she takes being the keeper of Anthony's memory and her widowhood paramount to committing to  new husband.  Had she been  remarried would she be going to London to retrieve his remains or would this be tasked to mother or sister or  a brother?   The reason Carole is going is because the church/school where Anthony and his father were laid to rest was sold and litigation ensued over disturbing their burial site about four or five years ago.  Apparently the courts ruled the new owners could require the remains be removed.  So this isn't news it has been going on since before Carole was a RH.

She wrote  book of her journey with Anthony and life post Anthony.  I saw the First Look and was a little taken back at some of the shallow statements Carole made regarding Anthony and his age and her being with some one that old.  I am hoping it was just an unfortunate edit.

• Love 1

I think she has mentioned her relationship with Anthony was just easy. It was fun. It just clicked. She has no children and is self-sufficient. My guess is that she is not opposed to new relationships but lightening would have to strike twice for another commitment.

Carol would still be responsible for his ashes even if she were remarried. They were married when he passed.

• Love 4

I just read that it is 16 years ago today that John Kennedy and His wife's plane disappeared. It must be a tough week for Carol. How old is Lee Raziwell? Do we really believe she is watching Bravo and tweeting about it?

• Love 1

I have no issue with Carole wanting to show this part of life.  I just don't trust her, or especially Bravo, to show it with the dignity it, and he, deserves.

How old is Lee Raziwell? Do we really believe she is watching Bravo and tweeting about it?

She's 82.  My mom knows who the Housewives are and she's 82.  Not nearly as snappy a dresser as Lee, nor is her daughter- in-law a castmember. Thinks all the franchises are utter trash but she knows. 

Do I think she's watching? In my imagination, she's sitting in front of the tube every Tuesday night with her fabulous NY friends in her signature leather jacket, smoking a cigarette, drinking wine and tsk-tsking Carole. I don't think she's tweeting, though. 

This pic is from a New York Times Style spread she did last year. She's still looks good. I'd say she should quit the ciggies but at 82, whatchugonnado?

82f4d4431021dcd443d190bb276b3f9c.jpg

• Love 1

Well, I read the book many years ago and my feeling was that she was not in love with him, just that they were great friends and she wanted to help him deal with his cancer. He had survived an earlier bout of cancer and on their honeymoon she found a lump on his stomach, IIRC. 

I liked her book and thought it was well written, but honestly, I didn't develop the best opinion of her. Some details about herself were as off-putting as I find some of her behavior on the show. (I've been a Carole "non-fan" for a long time!) It's like this: A dear friend of mine was living with a woman when he was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer. She stayed with him and eventually they married about 15 months before he died. He had nothing, she already had been basically supporting him, so she was not in it for inheritance or anything like that. I always felt she cared for him sincerely but had done it mostly from the sense of duty and friendship rather than a deep love. I get the same feeling about Carole's marriage to Anthony, yet I may be totally wrong. For the record, I will never believe the Radziwill name and the title (whether it was one she could really use or not) plus the connection to upper crust NYC society meant nothing to Carole. 

• Love 1

I have no issue with Carole wanting to show this part of life.  I just don't trust her, or especially Bravo, to show it with the dignity it, and he, deserves.

She's 82.  My mom knows who the Housewives are and she's 82.  Not nearly as snappy a dresser as Lee, nor is her daughter- in-law a castmember. Thinks all the franchises are utter trash but she knows. 

Do I think she's watching? In my imagination, she's sitting in front of the tube every Tuesday night with her fabulous NY friends in her signature leather jacket, smoking a cigarette, drinking wine and tsk-tsking Carole. I don't think she's tweeting, though. 

This pic is from a New York Times Style spread she did last year. She's still looks good. I'd say she should quit the ciggies but at 82, whatchugonnado?

She is such a Dame. A Broad. All of it in the best sense of the word. I love salty women.

I don't think she is watching the show. Maybe she might watch this one. But her tweets are about all the HW shows. She tweets about Alex back in the day. She tweets about Meghan on the OC show. She tweets that she gets a "Russell" vibe from the Beador's. She tweets about blowing up Iran. If you go back several years, there was an article about her Twitter account from years ago. That it was hysterical, cutting edge, racey, and clearly not her actual account, but a parody.

I would have no doubt that if she were tweeting, she wouldn't like the storyline about Anthony's ashes. What mother probably would. She was private. That doesn't mean she doesn't love Carole, or that they are not still close.

Well, I read the book many years ago and my feeling was that she was not in love with him, just that they were great friends and she wanted to help him deal with his cancer. He had survived an earlier bout of cancer and on their honeymoon she found a lump on his stomach, IIRC. 

I feel like the cancer was kind of like a wall between them. Anthony didn't want to talk about it, Carole sensed that it wasn't going to end well at the very beginning, but they both had to pretend. It's like building a life you know isn't going to last.

I see what you are saying, as I never really picked up on a passionate, burning love but I think there was a true, deep, quiet love...that still endures to this day.

• Love 5

I was really bummed by the way Carole googled Ramona's restaurant partner and date. It wasn't a nice thing to do, well it was ok to do it, but then to go to Luann and announce what you found, and then bring it up at dinner, blindsiding the guy, wasn't very nice. It made me see a side of Carole I don't like. The guy seems perfectly nice, interesting, and is nice to Ramona. It was a private matter what she found out and she doesn't know the circumstances. It just was all kinds of icky to me, that she did that to him.

Didn't Heather bring it up to the guy at dinner?

• Love 1
(edited)

Frank singing "Luck be a lady tonight..."         Here's a woman 'that blows on some other guys dice...'  

Hope I live long enough to be an old salty broad.

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 2