Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

She was asking for votes, in CAPS! for the Best Housewife Ever Award on E.  Did she win?

Oh yes! Forgot to mention. E is having HW "play-offs" and right now, Carole is only competing with Lauri Waring. The winner of each heat goes on to Round 3. Some of the match-ups are ridiculous - Lizzie Rovsek (OC) vs. Lisa Vanderpump (BH), really??

Carole should be able to win handily over Lauri. Last I saw, it was something like 75% in her favor.

I just went to check and it seems, Aviva has no Wikipedia page! 

Heh.  I can see Aviva trying to blame Carole for changing entries on a nonexistent page, anyway. Not because of any tenor or vibe, but because of Aviva's proven record of pulling shit out of her ass.

Don't know but for whatever it's worth, Aviva did the same on Twitter.

But, did she use all caps?

• Love 1

Because it just can't be said enough, judging by the posts, it doesn't seem anyone here thinks Carol was anything but justified in her anger about the rumors Aviva was spreading. However, to me, just because she is justified in her anger doesn't mean she is justified in her actions (the diagnosing). For someone who likes to point out the possible mental instability of her adversary, I think, as the supposedly stable one, she should not have engaged and sunk to the levels Aviva did, instigating continued backlash from Aviva and prolonging the storyline fueled by rumors. She could have just stuck to denying a ghostwriter was used, telling Aviva to look at her copy of the book for proof no ghostwriter was used, even calling her a lying bitch, screaming it if she needed to, but no, that was not enough to make Carol feel better. She had to go where she knows there very well may be an issue. Perhaps she realized this in the last scene when she picked up the leg and simply said it wasn't OK, leaving the diagnosing to the medical professionals...To the stars, no doubt!

I like Carol. I certainly like her more than I like Aviva. However, just because I find one a million times more likeable than the other does not mean the more likeable one is immune to criticism when she behaves inappropriately. And if she did indeed know Aviva was trying to start something, her behavior is even more disappointing to me.

Yeah, was one thing that I felt stepped over the line as well, and like her a lot too, but. Usually when someone is self diagnosing a person, just saying they have this serious mental illness so flippantly... the point is to use it as a weapon of sorts, and I thought she'd be above flinging stigma.

• Love 1

Based on some of the commentary here I would imagine that Carole has stigmata. Just sayn'

OH it's just a /small/ shrine, c'mon!

I made it out of pigtails, a nice sativa strain, and diet coke.

Naw. I do like her though. Something very endearing about her.

• Love 2

I've joked about how her feet on the dashboard bugged me - I know, no biggie.  But it's that in addition to the 'blowies', the pigtails, the big fuss over her own birthday party, the 2014 version of a 1975 prank call - the Wiki Edit. The M&Ms and pizza as major food source, the extreme awkwardness when dating.  Didn't she stand on the hood of the car when Ramona flew away from the Berkshires? The bear costume, while it might have been entertaining  - hmm.  I don't know. I'm not saying that just because you're 50 you have to stop doing any of these things. But when you're 50 and doing ALL these things, it says something.  I'm just not sure what. LOL  If her next walking dress ensemble includes a necklace made of elbow macaroni on a string, then I'll know she's putting us on.  Or really just weird.

By this definition, you just described Diane Keaton.

I don't think this is so much about Carole putting us on as much as it is just part of who she is. When you get to be Carole's age, and especially without a husband or children, you do tend to embrace a bit of unbridled youthfulness if you still feel young inside. Happens to divorced women with grown kids also. Sometimes a woman is more serious and uncommonly mature for her age in her 20's 30's, and then somewhere in her 40's she goes backwards and gets back some of the short lived youth because she's at peace with herself.

• Love 6

Except Diane Keaton did it first and best in Annie Hall when she was what?  30?  To me, Carole is a much longer-toothed, diluted version.  I have no problem with her 'acting young' if it's genuine.  But I don't get a lot of 'genuine' out of Carole which is one big reason I dislike her.   Every time I see her I think 'I would probably like this one if I wasn't being subjected to all that 'ain't I cute!' stuff'.

• Love 3

I've seen Diane Keaton do that "ain't I cute" crap in several movies and she wasn't 30 in all of them. I hate that crap, but let it go with Diane Keaton because she has redeemed herself in so many other ways. With Carol, it feels practiced to me.

I get that. And if it's practiced or not, I have no idea. I'm not too excited about it either way.

I said -- by this definition you just described Diane Keaton. Not dissing DK -- lol.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1

I get that. And if it's practiced or not, I have no idea. I'm not too excited about it either way.

I said -- by this definition you just described Diane Keaton. Not dissing DK -- lol.

I understood. I was agreeing for the most part. :-)

• Love 1

I will always like Carole just for her association with, and devotion to a member of the erstwhile Polish royalty. (Big Polonian, here.)

The way I look at it, whether her affectations are that, or whether they are truly her expressions of silly joyfulness, etc., they make for decent TV viewing. Can't be all bad.

• Love 2

After one of the Berkshires episodes aired - the one where Sonja was shamelessly throwing herself at the young pontoon captain - Sonja said (either on her blog or her FB page, can't remember which), "We're trying to give you guys a fun show." I don't know how much of that was spin, and how much of Sonja's cougar-on-the-prowl thing is an act to be entertaining. But I'd guess that many cast members amp up their personalities in an attempt to be entertaining, or to "put on a good show." (With the possible exception of Ramona, who I think is just as batshit crazy is real life.) Even though I don't think that's necessary.

I think Carole comes by her quirks naturally. (I'm 46, my husband is 51, and we're both big goofballs when we're together, so I'm not sure I buy that by a certain age, these quirks are gone, or should be.) But maybe she too amplifies them for the purpose of the show. As much as I like Carole, I don't know how entertaining it would be to watch her sit and write. She doesn't have kids, so she doesn't have kids' antics as part of her storyline. She's not with Russ any more. She knew she had to bring something to the table. So maybe that's part of it - keeping things interesting.

I also think that maybe Carole's quirky behavior is maybe a reaction (whether conscious or not) to her castmates' over-the-top personalities and shenanigans. Like, instead of talking about how I know everyone at Le Cirque, I'm going to offer you take-out and M&Ms at my home. Instead of flipping out over how someone got my hair wet and ruined my blow-out, I'm going to wear pigtails.

• Love 2

It looks like they've started filming. Carole just shared a picture on Instagram of SkinnyGirl vodka with the caption "Lights. Camera. Action. Let the games begin. Cucumber vodka."

She also posted a snap of her, Kristen, LuAnn, and Heather.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 1

Cucumber vodka??? Help me here please, ugh, is this Carole's lameass sense humor? Oh wait -- maybe a cut on B already? Hmmmm, let the mud wrestling begin, kiddies.

The photo is literally a picture of Skinny Girl Cucumber Vodka. I don't see it as humor our shade, just a picture of one of Bethenny's products.

It looks like they've started filming. Carole just shared a picture on Instagram of SkinnyGirl vodka with the caption "Lights. Camera. Action. Let the games begin. Cucumber vodka."

She also posted a snap of her, Kristen, LuAnn, and, Heather.

I have to admit, I'm really excited that they're already shooting. And I cannot wait for the new season.

• Love 3

Cucumber vodka??? Help me here please, ugh, is this Carole's lameass sense humor? Oh wait -- maybe a cut on B already? Hmmmm, let the mud wrestling begin, kiddies.

Hey, ScoobieDoobs.  Beth really did 'create' a cucumber vodka. Sounds heinous to me but maybe there's a market? I'm curious to know why you might see Carole's picture/post as a diss. Apparently Bethenny retweeted it and I don't quite understand the meaning of her responding tweet. But you know me, always looking for a conspiracy. ;-)

ETA: Here's Beth's response:

Bethenny Frankel ‏@Bethenny Oct 26

The more u drink the skinnier u get :) @CaroleRadziwill

Why the heck is the Skinny Girl tweeting that to the even Skinnier Girl? I'm surprised she doesn't use that as the company slogan.

Edited by ryebread
Beth really did 'create' a cucumber vodka. 

OK, I wonder if she did this to help anyone else with the same kind of eating disorders as B (and maybe Carole too?) to puke up anything & everything ingested.  Ew, cucumber vodka sounds just so vile to me.  How could it not induce vomiting?  And B says the more you drink the skinnier you get?  Er, why, B?  Is it from all the puking which results from drinking that awful shit?  So from B's awesome advice, you can hope to become an anorexic/bulemic alcoholic?  Weeeeee -- sounds like such fun!  Thanks for the great advice, B!  Now, will Carole follow this advice?  She does seem like Kells & she seems to be "enjoying her life".  Oy.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Scampers to google:  eating disorders.  As I sit here chowing the Halloween candy that won't get passed out tonight because it's snowy, rainy and windy in SE Michigan tonight.  :(

ETA:  Well, I learn something new every day around here.  Yup, Pringles. It's called the Pringles Mono Diet.  A favorite of anorexics everywhere.  Some consider, just licking the salt and flavoring off them, dinner.  Jeez.  So sad.

http://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/255792-pringles-mono-diet/

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

TheWhiteWitch, on 16 Aug 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Give it a try :) one girl lost 0,6kg in one day with more than 300g of original flavor pringles :)

I might today! I only have honey mustard flavor at home but if I see best results from original I'll get a tube of them when I go out today :)

Edited by ryebread

No surprises bout your confirmation. I'm not sad in the least for either Carole or Bethenny, who have likely made their own choices to follow extremely unhealthy eating habits to look the way they do. Hopefully, teenage girls & young women won't do the same. But I suspect they will. And that is very, very sad. When seemingly smart & confident women like both Carole & Bethenny feel they have to subject themselves to self mutilation to maintain an abnormally low & unhealthy weight, that is sad -- but to me, it's only sad in how it might impact girls & young women watching these 2.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

I began reading Carole's first book last week. I can appreciate her writing style but didn't get very far into it. She kept mentioning Anna Karenina, so I thought, hey, and got it electronically through Gutenberg Press and read that instead. I never made it back to Carole's book. Should I?

Ew, cucumber vodka sounds just so vile to me.

I'd take it over "The Situation's" Devotion vodka - vodka with added protein. (2 grams of protein per shot to prevent hangovers.)

I've seen cuke water at spas (water infused with cucumber slices) so this doesn't seem as out of left field to me as it could. I guess the added vegetable infusion is for people to feel that they've made a "healthy" choice?

• Love 1

I began reading Carole's first book last week. I can appreciate her writing style but didn't get very far into it. She kept mentioning Anna Karenina, so I thought, hey, and got it electronically through Gutenberg Press and read that instead. I never made it back to Carole's book. Should I?

Did she mention Anna Karenina as often as she mentioned JFK Jr. and Carolyn?  That's one of the criticisms that kept popping up in reviews of the book when it first came out.  That she talks more, and more passionately, about them than she does Anthony. Also that, in the book, she judges people harshly for being "tragedy whores" (did you get that far yet?) yet some would argue that 'tragedy whores' are basically what most journalists are at their core. 

I read the book when I was still a fan and I liked it but it wasn't memorable.  It wasn't bad, it just didn't impact me the way that some reviewers said it did them.

There's a part where she talks about having an emotional relationship with a married man during Anthony's illness.  There were bloggers that were torqued about that but I don't remember that part.  I almost borrowed the book again just to read that part.

Finish it!  It's a quick read.  I'd be interested to hear your opinion.

• Love 1

Did she mention Anna Karenina as often as she mentioned JFK Jr. and Carolyn? That's one of the criticisms that kept popping up in reviews of the book when it first came out. That she talks more, and more passionately, about them than she does Anthony. Also that, in the book, she judges people harshly for being "tragedy whores" (did you get that far yet?) yet some would argue that 'tragedy whores' are basically what most journalists are at their core.

I read the book when I was still a fan and I liked it but it wasn't memorable. It wasn't bad, it just didn't impact me the way that some reviewers said it did them.

There's a part where she talks about having an emotional relationship with a married man during Anthony's illness. There were bloggers that were torqued about that but I don't remember that part. I almost borrowed the book again just to read that part.

Finish it! It's a quick read. I'd be interested to hear your opinion.

OK, I'll do it for you. It's odd, I had to request an electronic copy from our library. I assumed they would have it. I'll check it out again. I hope this doesn't go in my profile. As I said, I appreciate Carol's writing, but she's too effusive for me. I'll let you know.

• Love 2

Oh I know I'm being evil here, but I would so luv to see a chick fight between the anorexic girls -- B & Carole.

Nah, there will never be a physical fight between those two, they are way too smart for that.

Now , a verbal fight would be great. I just hope that Heather is not around when it happens so we can see what Carole is made of, I hated last season when Heather went in overprotective mood and fought Carole's battles for her. I found it condescending, almost a slap in Carole's face, I want to see the real Carole, she is so guarded of how she comes accross, all her cut lines are usually on her written blogs or in the talking heads, I am just curious about how the real Carole reacts to an spur of the moment situation.

• Love 4

Carole can not defend herself. That is why Heather had to fight her battles.

Because if she did her nasty elitist snob persona would be outed. She showed us this when she was fighting with Aviva and her go to defense was that Aviva was nothing because she never worked outside the home. She is so pretentious and smug that she make the Countess look like Honey Boo Boo.

She needs a ghost fighter.

• Love 8

Carole really said some awful horrible stuff to Veevs -- that was extremely offensive to housewives everywhere.  It was kinda glossed over & mostly dismissed -- or missed -- cuz Veevs was just so unlikeable & downright evil.  Carole strikes me as every bit the elitist snob that Lu was & (I have absolutely no doubt) still is.  I'm hoping B calls both of 'em out on their bullshit.

• Love 4

Carole really said some awful horrible stuff to Veevs -- that was extremely offensive to housewives everywhere. It was kinda glossed over & mostly dismissed -- or missed -- cuz Veevs was just so unlikeable & downright evil. Carole strikes me as every bit the elitist snob that Lu was & (I have absolutely no doubt) still is. I'm hoping B calls both of 'em out on their bullshit.

I felt the same way about her fights with Luanne. She said some horrible shit to Luanne. Really nasty stuff. She kept it up at the reunion that season too. It was strange to me how it got glossed over. That's where my impression of Carole as a mean snobb came from. I think she's great if she likes you, but she goes Ramona level nuts if she doesn't. For me it was much more disturbing with Luanne because it wasn't about anything. I may not have loved Carole's behavior with Aviva, but at least I got that she felt attacked and was fighting back. With Luanne, there was nothing. She didn't like her so she was mean to her and then tried to blame Luanne for making her do it. That kind of bullying behavior creeps me out, especially in anyone over about 22.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

I don't recall Carole ever bullying Luann. (Although that's partly because Luann is no shrinking wallflower, and Carole's not very good with the improvised barbs.)

The Luann/Carole issues seemed more a case of Carole having studied the show prior to joining (despite whatever else she might have claimed to the contrary), then characterizing Luann as the elitist pretender that many of us did, and subsequently reading into most of Luann's actions as evidence of that. How does the saying go? If you like someone, you'll find ways to justify their bad behavior. And if you don't, none of the good they do will be right. 

And quite frankly, Luann has said stuff on the show that makes her seem like a pretentious snob, dahlings, and was way more of a bully to Alex than Carole has ever been to Lu. The other wives' treatment of Alex is the closest I'd come to saying anyone's been bullied on this show, and even then a lot of my discomfort watching that had more to do with the fact that Alex just wasn't quick-witted enough to hold her own on this kind of show. 

But all of this speaks to the possibility that this show is way more manufactured/scripted than we acknowledge. A lot of the HWs have said that Lu is a blast outside of RHONY, but that they didn't like the Countess persona she was peddling for the first few seasons on the show, and that it wasn't an accurate reflection of how she is when the cameras are off.

• Love 1

What do ya bet B is planning her attack on Carole now?  Go get da bitch, B.  Snap her anorexic bones like the twigs they are.   I so want B to bring out the mean in Carole.  Not a hard thing to do.  Veevs was able to do it.  But it didn't work cuz everyone hated Veevs cuz she was evil & horrible -- and a desperate idiot.  B, on the other hand is cunning & clever.  Something Veevs knows nothing about.  Oh, I just have a feeling this is the season Carole is gonna go down.  Fun!

• Love 2

Carole was annoying as hell toward Luann in London.  She took offense at everything Luann was doing.  "Luann is a one upper! I'm going to one up her!" Boo tricking hoo.  Really Carole didn't like that Luann had similar experiences and Carole wasn't the only "cool" one who had lived in Kensington etc.

• Love 6

To Carole's credit when Heather pushed her to examine her opinion of LuAnn, Carole did lighten up and tried to get along. Heather seems to really like LuAnn and I don't think its just a team building exercise.

Key words:  "when Heather pushed her". 

I agree that Heather seems to like Luann.  I think Heather, Carole, Luann and Ramona are all having a great time running around in NYC right now.

• Love 1

To Carole's credit when Heather pushed her to examine her opinion of LuAnn, Carole did lighten up and tried to get along. Heather seems to really like LuAnn and I don't think its just a team building exercise.

As I've said I bet Carole is great when she likes you. But if she doesn't...watch out. And she seems the type who is pretty comfertable being mean to people she doesn't like whether there is an actual conflict and issue like Aviva or they just annoy her like Luanne. It's just me, but people like that bother me. You don't have to like everybody, but annoying you or not being a cool kid is not a crime. Grow up and be polite. I've walked away from friendships with a few women over this type of behavior even when it wasn't directed at me. But you know, everybody has their stuff. Lots of other "deal breaking" behavior doesn't bug me.
  • Love 4

I give the side eye to anyone who is social friends with Andy Cohen - because I think he is a vicious little man at heart.  I think he loves to sit around and make fun of these pathetic women who sign onto these shows.  Now Carole and Bethenny are both his friends.  So I have to think they have a vicious streak in their hearts too.  Same for Kelly Ripa. They might all have a wicked sense of humor, but it is always at someone else's expense.

• Love 7
I give the side eye to anyone who is social friends with Andy Cohen - because I think he is a vicious little man at heart.

Big time.  Well, we already know B is vicious as fuck.  Andy Cohen isn't as obvious with his viciousness, but he truly is a horrible little man.  And Carole?  We've seen her viciousness & er, horribleness come out.  What about that shit with grabbing Veevs by the face?  Man, after doing that crap, Aviva had every right to knock her bag-o-bones body right down that fuckin' staircase.  What the hell was with dat anyway?  

Hey listen, what would make me happy is Heather waking up & seeing Carole ain't all that great.  And btw, if B is gonna kick the crap outta Carole (even if it is only verbally), I want Heather to stay the fuck out of it.  She better not ruin my entertainment or I'll throw my microwave popcorn at huh!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Hey listen, what would make me happy is Heather waking up & seeing Carole ain't all that great.  

Even better would be Carole waking up and seeing Heather isn't that great.  I think Carole is quite used to rejection and once Heather gets a boyfriend, Carole will be toast anyway.  C'est le vie. 

Heather, on the other hand, wouldn't handle a rejection from Carole well at all, methinks.  Heather seems the type to always be the dumper.  Never the dumpee.

• Love 1

Even better would be Carole waking up and seeing Heather isn't that great. I think Carole is quite used to rejection and once Heather gets a boyfriend, Carole will be toast anyway. C'est le vie.

Heather, on the other hand, wouldn't handle a rejection from Carole well at all, methinks. Heather seems the type to always be the dumper. Never the dumpee.

Gets a boyfriend? Did Heather and her husband break up?