Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E09: Best Friends For Never

• Start Topic

CT's apparent adoration for Cara Maria makes me love him even more. Also, his droll "it was like Christmas morning" was just too sexy for me. "See you in the draw" made me laugh.

I like Cohutta and I like Leroy so that sucked. Is Cohutta really teeny-tiny or is Leroy that big?

Bananas, don't poke the bear. STFU. Also, Laurel, you baby, you shut it too.

Cara is so gorgeous I can't stand it. She and Devyn are just two fine foxes.

• Love 2

Laurel isn't a brat. She's a killbot. Or maybe a serial puppy and baby-eater. She's way too cold and competitive, and she needs to be stopped. Watching her cheer Jessica against Cara Maria, I was expecting Laurel to yell, "Sweep the leg, Jessica!" I'm not a fan of Cara Maria, but she deserves better breaks than Eliminations and having Laurel as a "bestie."

Damn, I hated seeing Cohutta go. He's way too nice and sane for the game, and I'm certain we'll never see him again. Dunno if he has a future with Nany, but it would be fun to see.

Anybody get flashbacks from the mission? It was the one where Johnny & Tyler barely beat CT & Adam, even though CT was leveling them time and again. Nice that CT didn't have to kill anyone, though having Zach as a partner probably took the edge off. BTW, I still think Zach is a punk. Remember, he was the one who once threatened to "beat the gay" out of Sam, and he berated her along with Frank during Battle Of The Seasons.

(edited)

Oh man, I feel awful for Cara Maria. She kicked ass in all those elimination challenges and to have to go when she's so close to the end? However that elimination between her and Jessica was really really good.

Laurel is reminding me of why I hated her in the first place. It was only because of the friendship with Cara Maria that made me like her. But to tell Cara Maria that she wouldn't have her back if it came down to her or Devyn? Not cool. Neither was cheering on Jessica like that.

I didn't get why Zach said that Cohutta was his biggest threat. Really? Out of the guys who were up for elimination Johnny Bananas was the actual threat.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle
  • Love 2

Laurel isn't a brat. She's a killbot. Or maybe a serial puppy and baby-eater. She's way too cold and competitive, and she needs to be stopped. Watching her cheer Jessica against Cara Maria, I was expecting Laurel to yell, "Sweep the leg, Jessica!" I'm not a fan of Cara Maria, but she deserves better breaks than Eliminations and having Laurel as a "bestie."

Damn, I hated seeing Cohutta go. He's way too nice and sane for the game, and I'm certain we'll never see him again. Dunno if he has a future with Nany, but it would be fun to see.

Anybody get flashbacks from the mission? It was the one where Johnny & Tyler barely beat CT & Adam, even though CT was leveling them time and again. Nice that CT didn't have to kill anyone, though having Zach as a partner probably took the edge off. BTW, I still think Zach is a punk. Remember, he was the one who once threatened to "beat the gay" out of Sam, and he berated her along with Frank during Battle Of The Seasons.

I was so disappointed in Laurel. You have to expect she's super capable of that, because she's been mean to CM before. She thinks she knows best and that's that. I don't know what "lesson" she wanted to teach her, but you don't do that to a friend. I know you're in a fight with her, but that doesn't mean you root for Jessica. It's petty and beneath her. You don't have to root for Cara, but to actively root against her is gross.

I get that Cara is an only child and can be whiny and sort of entitled, but she means well and is generally nice to everybody. I did enjoy Zach and especially CT, rooting for her and defending her.

• Love 1

Random thoughts: 

Nany - "What's a blue state?" Really? Really? 

While Laurel can be cold-hearted (if not bordering on evil...), part of me liked that she was the only one rooting on Jess when the rest of the cast seemed to be on team Cara Maria. I think it would suck to go into an elimination knowing that every single bystander was against you. 

Poor Cohutta gave it his all, but to say he was the underdog would be an understatement. I hope we see him back soon. 

Wondering if Cara will be able to stay or if she is booted like Frank. 

• Love 1

They're certainly making it look like Cara leaves, the impression I got from the Aftershow at the very end when they showed a clip of next week. Laurel was trying hash it out with her and Cara wasn't having it. It looked like she on her way out the door with her stuff. I hope that was a total mislead because I'd love to see Cara win. I have no words for Laurel. I can't believe they were geniune friends in the first place. I only cut Laurel slack because of how she stood up for Cara during that whole Wes/soda scene on a previous challenge.

Would like to see Cohutta return. And also found it curious that Mosely did not ask Nani on the Aftershow if her & Cohutta were still in contact after the Challenge. It seems like an obvious omission.

My Leroy love has been waning this season for some odd reason but damn if it didn't come rushing back when he was pretty much like, "whatever" to Theresa as she was attempting to make him grovel. Especially when she still didn't vote him in!

• Love 2

I thought I remember seeing a clip during one of the promos of CM and CT both wearing yellow basically being voted in to the elimination round. Memory's a little fuzzy. Either way, I hope Cara doesn't go home. She's played a really good game and that would be a terrible way to go home.

I remember never liking Laurel until she defended Cara after that Wes/soda incident. She's never been very nice and I'd almost forgotten that. Most of us, I think are capable of being nasty, but we try and contain it. I think Laurel isn't afraid to let it all out. At her best, Laurel seems to be chill, but when shit hits the fan, is when you see her true colors. She also seems to want to seem unaffected and like she doesn't need CM as a friend, but I think that's just her pride talking.

Anyone else just want to see CT and Zach plow over somebody? They all played it sort of safe, which is good for them, but sad for me.

I was really hoping some of them got knocked on their asses.  But CT probably learned from the elimination Lantern7 mentioned above that sitting and waiting to knock someone out slows you down from exchanging the balls.

Laurel definitely showed her true bitch colors.  She wants to teach Cara Maria a lesson because CM dared to stand up to and question her?  Bitch please.  Glad that CM grew a pair, cause you just know that Laurel talks to her like that ALL the time.

• Love 2
(edited)
My Leroy love has been waning this season for some odd reason but damn if it didn't come rushing back when he was pretty much like, "whatever" to Theresa as she was attempting to make him grovel. Especially when she still didn't vote him in!

The way he just went back to sipping on his straw after she walked away just cracked me up for some reason.  He was all, I'm just gonna drink my tasty refreshing drink now....

Even though I'm a big CM fan, I am sure she can be quite annoying at times.  Everybody I love in real life has their annoying moments, and I'm sure I do too, but even if you have a spat, you don't just tell people to stop talking, and say (to other people!) that they need to learn a lesson.  Especially after she was trying to "explain" to CM how she could no longer guarantee her safely, and when CM was understandably baffled at this sudden info, Laurel got snippy with her for getting emotional and yelled at her that she didn't understand what Laurel was trying to explain!  No, I think she understood very well!

And the eye-rolling between Laurel and Jess when CM was trying to sleep--sure, CM should have picked her battles and just gone to sleep in the living room in the first place, just for her own sake, but that was just rude.  And I never realized how nails-on-a-chalkboard annoying Jess' giggle was (not sure I've ever heard it before--didn't watch her season).  Sure, the show probably repeated it and played it up and made it all echo-y and stuff, but stll, ack!

Teege, I think when Cohutta had his head down he wasn't ashamed of his challenge performance, he was trying to stop the tears from welling up!  

Also the whole Nany's nose thing was weird--she had blood dripping down her face, then by the time she and Teresa were sitting on the ground, it seemed pretty clear it was still soon after the challenge because it was the same venue, time of day, etc. and she was exhausted (didn't see Teresa's high five attempt), but her face was totally clear and clean then, and later, on the bus back (this may have been the aftershow clip--I apologize for not remembering) she had cotton plugs stuffed up her nose and was holding an icepack to the bridge of her nose and did look rather wan and wiped out.  I just don't see how she looked like nothing happened in the in between clip!

Edited by Jobiska

A Cohutta/Leroy elimination was lose/lose for me because I love them both so much. There isn't a cuter boy than Cohutta and Leroy is so funny and calm. He could've gotten all pissy at Johnny when he messed up this challenge but he didn't. And good for him for not making promises to Theresa. Why should he? What he's been doing has been working so far and promises don't go very far in his game anyways.

I'm glad CT was able to win this one since he lost with Adam as his partner by the slightest bit during the first Rivals. I didn't think Zach was that fast. He was bookin' it.

"It's like Christmas morning. "See you in the duel." cracked me up.

Good for Jessica for putting up a fight. I did not think it would be that tough for Cara Maria to win but I'm happy she's back just so Laurel loses her new BFF. She should take a look at the way CM and Jessica congratulated each other and got over it after Jess lost. They didn't like each other beforehand, they were going at it even after the ball was out of play but they got over it and hugged it out. She needs to get over herself. She might be the one to beat this time but that won't always be the case.

My favorite part of the episode was the bonus footage that played during the commercial break. It's always funny stuff but Zach's VO calling Laurel a haunted, porcelain doll cut together with the footage of her taken through the kitchen window slowly turning her head was inspired. I actually watched it back a few times and I still have it saved to my DVR. Good job, editors!  

My favorite part of the episode was the bonus footage that played during the commercial break. It's always funny stuff but Zach's VO calling Laurel a haunted, porcelain doll cut together with the footage of her taken through the kitchen window slowly turning her head was inspired. I actually watched it back a few times and I still have it saved to my DVR. Good job, editors!  

That was so amazing! Zach is so delightful this season. It's really weird.

• Love 1

I'm surprised it took this long for the real Laurel to be back.  The part that irritated me most wasn't "want her to learn a lesson."  It was her spouting off about how she "made" CM into what she is today.  How quickly she forgets that the first time they were teamed up, she was the one who kept having breakdowns and threatening to quit.

• Love 1
(edited)

Another plus for Leroy . . . he kept picking up Cohutta and patting him on the butt after knocking him down. That's a good sportsman . . . as opposed to Johnny flexing his muscles and all but telling Jordan to choke on his member.

ETA: I think Cara Maria got most of the rooting section because the others see her as the "long-suffering winless wonder" now that Aneesa is gone.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

I adored Leroy for not rushing to kiss Theresa's ass. She got made with power real quick and good for Leroy for not trying to play that game.

The people who complained that he was playing a "solo" game on a show called Free Agents was just stupid. Why shouldn't he play a solo game? None of them are going to give up their spots for him to get into the finale or give him a share of their money if they win.

• Love 1
The people who complained that he was playing a "solo" game on a show called Free Agents was just stupid. Why shouldn't he play a solo game? None of them are going to give up their spots for him to get into the finale or give him a share of their money if they win.

This is exactly what I was going to say.  Leroy is the only one who realizes this is an individual game.  The whole "let's discuss who we want to vote for" business is ridiculous.  There is no "we" fools; you make your own decision and let other people make theirs.  

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that the haven't been voting in Johnny Bananas and Laurel every time they've had the opportunity to do so. Yes, there's a chance that they might get a easy win due to the luck of the kill card draw, but there's also they chance that they could get taken out, or at the very least, worn down.  And there aren't two other people who deserve it more (except maybe Jordan and he took care of himself).

• Love 1
I agree with you Mojoween, Cara is absolutely gorgeous!

I'll join you guys in the shallow end, I've always had a crush on her!

I like that CT always roots for her as well. I think she appreciates that CM is a figher.

Laurel needs to be knocked down a peg or 10.  Unfortunately I don't think it'll happen this season.

Laurel is ruthless, no doubt about it. Openly rooting against her real life est friend because she thought Cara was "annoying"? Hilarious. She's not playing for anything but first this time. I couldn't help but laugh at her making everyone around her uncomfortable with her spa complaints. Love her.

Jessica, who I inexplicably like, put up a hell of a fight and seems to have broken CM's hand. Her squealing in the back of the ambulance was equal parts sad and chuckleworthy. Hope it doesn't take her out, tho. Do hope she attempts to guilt the hell out of Laurel just so we can see her "no fucks given" face some more. "I have other friends." Harsh, haha.

Theresa to Leroy: "What can you do for me?" His response? "...nothing." And he proceeds to not get voted in! Baller move. Love his nonchalance.

Another plus for Leroy . . . he kept picking up Cohutta and patting him on the butt after knocking him down. That's a good sportsman . . . as opposed to Johnny flexing his muscles and all but telling Jordan to choke on his member.

I wish Leroy was on every challenge. He's done a few already and it hasn't seemed to change him.

Theresa to Leroy: "What can you do for me?" His response? "...nothing." And he proceeds to not get voted in! Baller move. Love his nonchalance.

Leroy checked his pockets and nope...he was all out of fucks to give.  Attaboy RoyLee!

• Love 6

Oh, about the cheering for Jess/CM:  I do notice that there's overall a trend of people rooting for one over another, but it seems like they'll often at least make a noise of approval at a good move by their non-fave, should out some suggestion just to make the game more exciting, etc.  And I think maybe that was happening, but it was probably totally drowned out by Laurel's very explicit instructing of and rooting for Jessica, and of course by the cameras' focus on that.  So my guess, only based on that history, is that there wasn't complete silence from the others for Jess (even if more cheers for CM), but we mainly saw Laurel's.  I could be wrong!

(edited)

I can't believe that Laurel is 29 or so years old when she acts the way she does. Bitch was 24 during her first appearance as Fresh Meat; I always assumed she had to be around 5 years younger than she is because of how immature she behaves. Not that most on this show don't have that issue..

Seriously though, what the hell do Laurel and Jessica have in common? No way that 'friendship' wasn't completely to hurt Cara Maria. Jessica is the type of girl Laurel would normally not have been able to stand; she just needed her here because she didn't have another sidekick to rub in CM's face. Jessica is incredibly annoying, as she has always been, to me. Laurel is one nasty bitch.

Edited by Rebecca

Laurel and her mustache can beat it

Thank you!!! It drives me nuts. Has she never heard of wax?

CT's apparent adoration for Cara Maria makes me love him even more. Also, his droll "it was like Christmas morning" was just too sexy for me. "See you in the draw" made me laugh.

I like Cohutta and I like Leroy so that sucked. Is Cohutta really teeny-tiny or is Leroy that big?

Bananas, don't poke the bear. STFU. Also, Laurel, you baby, you shut it too.

Cara is so gorgeous I can't stand it. She and Devyn are just two fine foxes.

CT said in an interview that Cara is from his old neighborhood. That she went to school with his little brothers & that their parents go to the same gym as her & that he sees her there when she's in town. He said he thinks of her as a little sister.

Cara said in her blog that there was another fight that they didn't show. That her fight with Laurel didn't have to do with the voting, editing made it look that way. She said Laurel got in a fight with production & was being overly mean to them & saying terrible things (I could believe that). She then said hearing Laurel talk about her the way she did was very hurtful.

Susie hit it on the head when she said "Laurel is too big for her britches". Let's be honest, Laurel has had very little competition this season. No one is on her level. So instead of winning with grace she puts people down & turns on a friend. Her cheering for Jessica showed how off her social skills are. She didn't have to cheer for Cara as they were in an argument but you don't turn on a long time friend & cheer for their opponent. She then said "Cara needs to learn" & that she's been carrying Cara. I don't see her carrying Cara at all. Cara has really improved & a true friend would notice that & be happy for them. Maybe she's mad that Cara gets more attention. Or maybe she is feeding off of Jordan's attitude. Or this could all be a scam/set up for them to team up on Rivals.

• Love 1

Laurel is vile.  So I have no problem believing she wanted Cara Maria to "learn a lesson".  Laurel could stand to learn a few herself.  I also loved CT rooting for CM.  I just love CT this season, he's so laid-back & it's nice to see.

RoyLe!  I knew he was going into the elimination as soon as he had his first TH saying this might be the challenge where he doesn't go in.

Bye, Jessica.  I can't say I'll miss you.  But you did earn some respect this go-round.

Laurel just continues to be the worst this season.  She's just so smug.  But acting like that to the one person who truly has her back was just way too much.  I really do think that she has this idea that she and Jordan are some "power couple" or something, and they're going to reign over all future Challenges (despite his ass already being gone from this one).  

I'm convinced that Frank's presence is somehow a key variable in the "Zach Douchebag Equation."  When he's not around, Zach's likable.  It's weird.  

I was rooting for the guys to vote in Johnny, leaving us with the potential for a Johnny vs. Johnny elimination.  (Who wins?  America.) 

• Love 4

I don't like Laurel, but I just wanted to say that I don't think she has a mustache. It looks to me like she has melasma, which is a fairly common hormonal skin issue where the skin makes excess pigment, and it usually affects the forehead, cheekbones, and/or the upper lip, and it's more common in women. Being in the sun makes it worse. I have some myself, and the only way to treat it is prescription bleaching cream, super strong sunblock, and staying out of the sun. Laurel seems like she spends a lot of time outdoors, so it may be getting worse.

OK, PSA over. :)

• Love 3

During the Cohutta/LeRoy elimination, my family (yes, my 11 year old is obsessed with this show, please don't call Child Services) was chanting "take the jumper!" when Cohutta had the ball.  So we laughed when he actually tried it once.  I really think that's your best bet when facing someone who is like twice your size.  Yeah, they might block it or you might miss, but it's still a better option than trying to go man to man against someone with that kind of size discrepancy.  

Lilit's thoughts on the ep, complete with a screenshot she and I are both using as our computer wallpaper!

Seriously, though, if anyone can make me a gif of CT cackling with glee as he chooses Zach to be his partner, I will be eternally grateful.

Ok. That whole Jessica moment during the elimination when she talks about putting CM on like a backpack? All I could think was that she was comparing herself to CT when he made a Bananas backpack. I honestly to my very soul just can't with Jessica's dumb ass. Somebody please tell me she couldn't have possibly meant it in that way.

• Love 1

All I could think was that she was comparing herself to CT when he made a Bananas backpack. I honestly to my very soul just can't with Jessica's dumb ass. Somebody please tell me she couldn't have possibly meant it in that way.

I think that's exactly what she meant.

It really irks me that Cara has been in 3 eliminations by the draw, and Devyn has yet to see one, either from the draw or being voted in. Something tells me she's going to skate through to the finals. Devyn can be amusing in her talking heads, but I find her somewhat entitled and arrogant, especially on the after show. I can't forget that she lost Brooklyn a shot at winning the last BOTS because she caused a penalty and slowed them down throughout the final. 

I didn't watch Nany's season, does she always sleep with guys she doesn't really like? She and Teresa both have the most annoying voices.

I'm sorry to see Cohutta go, hopefully he'll be back on another challenge soon.

• Love 1

I'm sure everyone there watched Devyn's last season and absolutely want her in the final. No sense sending her into the elimination where she will probably be sent home and waste a chance at minimum of 2nd place money.

Did any of you watch the free-for-all clip on MTV? Zach was so annoying sticking up for Laurel now when during the episode he was saying the exact opposite. And they were all saying if Laurel picked the kill card then Cara would have been rooting against her, I'm not so sure about that.

I'm really liking the format for this season, but it's kind of a joke that they assumed that no alliances would happen. It's just a little more tricky but they are there.

I'm sure everyone there watched Devyn's last season and absolutely want her in the final. No sense sending her into the elimination where she will probably be sent home and waste a chance at minimum of 2nd place money.

Did any of you watch the free-for-all clip on MTV? Zach was so annoying sticking up for Laurel now when during the episode he was saying the exact opposite. And they were all saying if Laurel picked the kill card then Cara would have been rooting against her, I'm not so sure about that.

I'm really liking the format for this season, but it's kind of a joke that they assumed that no alliances would happen. It's just a little more tricky but they are there.

Nothing about this season is "free". I was so excited when they said it would be every man/woman for themselves. I thought we would get to see epic battles & the weak would be sent packing. Nope, they made almost every challenge a team challenge where you can't really tell who is strong. Then with team voting it's right back to alliances. I want a true "free agent" meaning, no voting & no team challenges. The 2 that come in last go into the elimination. Why should those who do well risk elimination?

ETA: I think Cara Maria got most of the rooting section because the others see her as the "long-suffering winless wonder" now that Aneesa is gone.

If Cohutta behaved like Jordan do you really think Leroy would have done that? Cohutta behaved like a gentleman & fair sport that is why he received fair treatment. Jordan behaved like an ass & that's why he got treated as one. When Bananas beat Isaac he didn't show off or gloat. He hugged him. He flexed and was obnoxious because of Jordan's attitude towards him & the game. Jordan told Bananas more than once he would send him home, told the house that, voted him in, then tried to pull off a bad ass move. After Bananas flexed & gloated for a moment, he did hug & shake Jordan's hand. What do you think Jordan would have done if he won? 

Laurel just continues to be the worst this season.  She's just so smug.  But acting like that to the one person who truly has her back was just way too much.  I really do think that she has this idea that she and Jordan are some "power couple" or something, and they're going to reign over all future Challenges (despite his ass already being gone from this one).  

I'm convinced that Frank's presence is somehow a key variable in the "Zach Douchebag Equation."  When he's not around, Zach's likable.  It's weird.  

I was rooting for the guys to vote in Johnny, leaving us with the potential for a Johnny vs. Johnny elimination.  (Who wins?  America.) 

Johnny vs Johnny...no question Bananas wins. I don't see Johnny R beating CT, Zach or Bananas at any of these 3 particular eliminations.

Nothing about this season is "free". I was so excited when they said it would be every man/woman for themselves. I thought we would get to see epic battles & the weak would be sent packing. Nope, they made almost every challenge a team challenge where you can't really tell who is strong. Then with team voting it's right back to alliances. I want a true "free agent" meaning, no voting & no team challenges. The 2 that come in last go into the elimination. Why should those who do well risk elimination?

Because that would make too much sense *shrug*