Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

I am sorry if this has been posted here before, but I just now saw it...and the limes... oh my....

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2015/12/14/david-foster-tells-friends-yolanda-foster-was-cured-of-lyme-disease/

I doubt anyone close to Foster spilled what he thinks on this topic.  The article is saying what we have been saying all along so it would not be difficult to make that up.  One thing though that makes sense, no matter where it came from, is that she did, indeed, have Lyme but it was cured long ago.  THAT I believe and makes sense.   She did not create having Lyme from thin air, she just decided to bring it back!  

I would love to hear David talk about this!  He never will though.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

Heads up.  Yo is on Dr Oz tomorrow.  

^ I know! I searched far and wide for a longer clip but couldn't find any.

I appreciate your dedication.  My comment was not intended to criticize your efforts!  I just crave more of Yo being an aloof, superior jerk. 

• Love 5

My sympathy's don't lessen because "it's a show" because real lives are ultimately affected and we are seeing true footage of people's lives so I don't personally partake in that balm. Some do manage to navigate the maze unscathed, some with only a few bumps and others end up like Jack Nicholas at the end of the shining. Season after season it is packaged more and more as a soap opera but I never let myself forget that production or no production, at the end of the day, these are real people with real lives that are showing themselves on my TV.  I shake my head more and more at the one's who join knowing their parts are meant to be damaging. I mean, it's all well and good if you going on a set as a villian and creating a work of fiction but to do so in a real capacity? To affect real lives? That's what's really unnerving to me. Lisa R is one of the biggest culprits I think.

But what about the real lives of the people that are taking medical advice from Yolanda? She's advocating unproven and unscientific remedies. I don't think Lisa Rinna has done anything wrong. She may be nosy, but she's a heck of a lot more honest than Yolanda, IMO.

• Love 13

Yolanda one year ago and definitely not sick.  No need to watch the entire thing, 1 minute is enough to see she is healthy.  Even goes out to the garden (not shown) to clip lemon tree branches.  

• Love 6

But what about the real lives of the people that are taking medical advice from Yolanda? She's advocating unproven and unscientific remedies. I don't think Lisa Rinna has done anything wrong. She may be nosy, but she's a heck of a lot more honest than Yolanda, IMO.

She's sharing her journey. She's whackado about that that's on her. She believes in it and that's her prerogative. Others want to take that approach so be it. She's not hawking a product for financial gain she's just sharing her own journey and for those that want to follow her lead she's no more wrong than others who share their holistic routines. It is what it is. She's not some villain for sharing what Her vitamin routine is and what she takes and she's also not claiming any of it has really worked anyway. She says she's still searching so it's not like she's promoting any instant cure anyway.

• Love 1

Yolanda one year ago and definitely not sick.  No need to watch the entire thing, 1 minute is enough to see she is healthy.  Even goes out to the garden (not shown) to clip lemon tree branches.  

She was still going for that "Lifestyle" show of her own! LOL

• Love 10

She's sharing her journey. She's whackado about that that's on her. She believes in it and that's her prerogative. Others want to take that approach so be it. She's not hawking a product for financial gain she's just sharing her own journey and for those that want to follow her lead she's no more wrong than others who share their holistic routines. It is what it is. She's not some villain for sharing what Her vitamin routine is and what she takes and she's also not claiming any of it has really worked anyway. She says she's still searching so it's not like she's promoting any instant cure anyway.

YET, she has a book coming out and imho is now trying to get into a gig similar to her friend Suzanne Summers(another fraud, IMO)

• Love 10

But what about the real lives of the people that are taking medical advice from Yolanda?.

This puzzles me. Who are these people taking medical advice from Yolanda? Is there evidence that anyone is actually taking medical advice from Yolanda? And on the chance that some random, naive and, dare I say it, uneducated soul does attempt to replicate her bizarre pathway to healing, how long could it last? Speaking from a strictly financial perspective, 95% of the world wouldn't have funds to duplicate her health quest.

The idea that Yolanda has the power to influence people to a degree that they would listen to her rather than the advice of their own care providers just does not, IMO, compute. But -- in the rare alternate universe where someone with infinite financial resources elects to follow Yo down the lemon-strewn path to wellness rather than legit medical pros-- well, that's on them. Their choice. Their consequences.

• Love 3

She has said herself on multiple occasions that she is an ambassador for Lyme. I absolutely agree that what she chooses to do is her prerogative, What bothers me is that she is presenting "treatments" like the vitamin C infusions and colonics as if they are valid. She referred to the cryotherapy sessions as a "medical treatment." That disgusts me. 

This puzzles me. Who are these people taking medical advice from Yolanda? Is there evidence that anyone is actually taking medical advice from Yolanda? And on the chance that some random, naive and, dare I say it, uneducated soul does attempt to replicate her bizarre pathway to healing, how long could it last? Speaking from a strictly financial perspective, 95% of the world wouldn't have funds to duplicate her health quest.

The idea that Yolanda has the power to influence people to a degree that they would listen to her rather than the advice of their own care providers just does not, IMO, compute. But -- in the rare alternate universe where someone with infinite financial resources elects to follow Yo down the lemon-strewn path to wellness rather than legit medical pros-- well, that's on them. Their choice. Their consequences.

Why, then is she putting all of this info out on the show and on Instagram? And yes, people DO take medical advice from TV personalities. Please see Dr. Oz.

• Love 15

Also, why is she calling herself an ambassador and claiming to spread awareness? If she were just "sick" and kept all of the bunk treatments to herself, I wouldn't really care. She doesn't work with actual medical professionals.

• Love 6

Holy crap guys.

So, uh, in case y'all forgot: this is the YOLANDA topic. As in, Yolanda who is on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Who has ABSOLUTELY ZERO PERCENT to do with Jennifer Lawrence.

This has gone wildly off topic and frankly, slut shaming is NOTHING we allow here. So I've hidden some posts.

Drop it and go back to debating whether YOLANDA has Lyme Disease, or something.

• Love 10

Why, then is she putting all of this info out on the show and on Instagram? And yes, people DO take medical advice from TV personalities. Please see Dr. Oz.

Sorry, not seeing the correlation. Oz is an MD who (from a brief peek at Wiki) went to some top schools, which suggests he has a basic understanding of how the human body works and responds to treatment. Yo is an erstwhile model with a proclivity for marrying men whose financial resources let her indulge in frivolities.

Also, why is she calling herself an ambassador and claiming to spread awareness?

She likes how it sounds? Who knows.

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 3

This is essentially the same arrangement as the Christmas stuff (same candles) only this time she puts fresh cut branches and cut lemons on her beautiful unprotected table.  Maybe it is just me but shouldn't the bigger part of the dinner party be perhaps the food and beverage?  I am thinking most people who can afford to have dinner parties for 10 catered and waitered, aren't foraging for branches and $19.99 pillar candles.  Hate to say it but it is the same old, same larger center vase, two smaller side vases and a bunch of stuff connecting them.  No room for any serving plates or condiments.  Bad, bad faux Martha Stewart.

Also, why is she calling herself an ambassador and claiming to spread awareness? If she were just "sick" and kept all of the bunk treatments to herself, I wouldn't really care. She doesn't work with actual medical professionals.

Yolanda readily promotes Dr. Dietrich Kleinhardt and his supplements.  Interesting he is selling Primrose Oil for a variety of menstrual related problems.  I thought he was a genius at chronic illness?  BTW save your money you can get the Primrose caps at Walmart for $5.88 vs. $29.00.     

• Love 7

You know, I say this all the time. Why would anyone take medical advice from a housewife? But, I get disheartened when her "fans" claim what an inspiration she has been in taking control of their own invisible illness. I guess, I am more concerned that there would be parents out there who would completely eschew proper diagnosis for their children in favor of following ANY version of Yolanda's approach to wellness. And I get that there are most likely fans who are saying how inspirational she is to their own struggle, who may just be lying for the sake of defending her. But, if there is only one parent who thinks the best way to treat Lyme Disease or it's after effects is to follow they type of quackery Yo suggests for her own children, it is one too many IMO. 

• Love 10

Desperate people do desperate things. And yes, just read her social media and you will see all the people taking her advice. Who would take medical advice from Yo? Those same folks who took medical advice from Jenny McCarthy. Sad but true.

• Love 14
(edited)

So Yolanda hashtags this photo as:  #Versace#Oscars#Proudmommy  Yet there is no press on Bella being at the Oscars.    https://www.instagram.com/p/BCYxWpfoswk/?taken-by=yolandahfoster

Eating in her Versace:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BCYpu2fENnG/?taken-by=bellahadid&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCYlsEfENu-/?taken-by=bellahadid&hl=en

Can this young woman/girl ever take a picture where she is smiling? Really, she never seems happy at all.....ever!

ETA....Maybe she was backstage only with her bf or at some after party with him.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

Growing up, I'd watch my mom scurry about the kitchen trying to get all the family fed and after everyone ate, she would sit down for a bowl/plate of whatever she had fixed up. At first, I thought it was because of the size of her kitchen - but then I realized that mom wouldn't sit down to eat until we were all 'taken care of'..IT was at that point I realized what it is 'mom's do' - they take care of their kids BEFORE they care for themselves?

Following that basic premise, yoyo is a FN fraud. Seriously? You'd figure that she'd care MORE ABOUT HER KIDS and finding a cure for them BEFORE she'd be walking the planet looking for a cure for herself? Just an observation..

Isn't Yolanda the mom who went yatching off the southern coast of France while leaving her lyme stricken baby/child at home essentially unsupervised while stricken with the dreaded lyme disease?

• Love 15
(edited)

Desperate people do desperate things. And yes, just read her social media and you will see all the people taking her advice. Who would take medical advice from Yo? Those same folks who took medical advice from Jenny McCarthy. Sad but true.

Re people singing her praises on social media: maybe I'm a cynic but when I see endless commentary of "you're so awesome and I want to be just like you" related to any of these women I think sock puppet. This applies far beyond Yo of course; haven't quite of few of the wives have bought Twitter followers? And there's been chatter for awhile now that some HWs have peeps on hire to provide endless positive commentary and shoot down negative stuff (Kyle and Shannon from OC are 2 of the names this was applied to -- came up last time OC was airing on another site or 2.)

But what I said still applies: these celebs and pseudo-celebs can shill and push their views and products endlessly but it's up to the consumer/viewer to make the choice to follow or not. That's why TV docs  close their reports with the covering-of-the-ass disclaimer, "and remember -- always check with your own physician before beginning any new supplement or treatment regimen."  

And I know this will sound harsh (not directed at you nc socialworker, just a general statement) but, really, anyone who would take advice from Jenny McCarthy -- dear God, Jenny McCarthy -- rather than their own OB and pediatrician regarding medical treatment for their child is an idiot.

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 2

Great job of finding the Bella pics, zoeysmom.  The last one is honestly the first pic of Bella in which I've thought she was pretty.  I think that's because she'll always so droll looking and sad.  I guess if my mom were looking the way Yo looks and acts much of the time, I'd look sad, too. 

I think it's cute that Bella has a smile on her face because she finally has FOOD in front of her!!!

The top part of her dress looks odd to me.  At first I thought she'd strung the straps wrong, but on second look, I think it's the dress design.

• Love 1

Isn't Yolanda the mom who went yatching off the southern coast of France while leaving her lyme stricken baby/child at home essentially unsupervised while stricken with the dreaded lyme disease?

Bella also had the keys to her car when her license was suspended.  According to Bella's interview she had had several accidents-way to go mom.

• Love 7

Unfortunately, there are many ignorant and dare I say, stupid people out there.  Case in point:  Yo.  If some doctor or self declared expert says something, many people take it as fact.  And then that declaration gets repeated and honed to such a degree that it's now a given.  Theories become fact.  Opinions become fact.  And gullible people buy into it.  None of it is proven or even true.  Yo is the queen of passing on these things.

Her latest copy and paste is that Lyme meets eight of the NIH characteristics of a pandemic.  Sound very scary, right?  I can't find where NIH lists it as a pandemic.  But there are many sites with the headline of Lyme meeting the characteristics.  In their opinion.

https://sis.nlm.nih.gov/dimrc/pandemics.html

According to Yo, Lyme may be sexually transmitted.  Another copy and paste.  Key word:  may.  There's no proof.  Just theories.

I could go on but the truth is that too many people take things as 'fact' when they just aren't.  Yo is a dangerous preacher of non facts.  And sadly, there are people who buy into it.

If you look at Yo's twitters and instagrams, the only thing she has in her life are her children and her fight against a self proclaimed chronic illness.  That's all she has. Even her tweets about the show are in reference to her children or her Lyme.

• Love 8
(edited)

Unfortunately, there are many ignorant and dare I say, stupid people out there.  Case in point:  Yo.  If some doctor or self declared expert says something, many people take it as fact.  And then that declaration gets repeated and honed to such a degree that it's now a given.  Theories become fact.  Opinions become fact.  And gullible people buy into it.  None of it is proven or even true.  Yo is the queen of passing on these things.

Her latest copy and paste is that Lyme meets eight of the NIH characteristics of a pandemic.  Sound very scary, right?  I can't find where NIH lists it as a pandemic.  But there are many sites with the headline of Lyme meeting the characteristics.  In their opinion.

https://sis.nlm.nih.gov/dimrc/pandemics.html

According to Yo, Lyme may be sexually transmitted.  Another copy and paste.  Key word:  may.  There's no proof.  Just theories.

I could go on but the truth is that too many people take things as 'fact' when they just aren't.  Yo is a dangerous preacher of non facts.  And sadly, there are people who buy into it.

If you look at Yo's twitters and instagrams, the only thing she has in her life are her children and her fight against a self proclaimed chronic illness.  That's all she has. Even her tweets about the show are in reference to her children or her Lyme.

Lyme is NOT sexually transmitted. I guess if an infected tick crawled up the urethra of a man or vagina of a woman then the tick could be spread during sex but it is still THE TICK that is spreading it!

●There is no evidence that Lyme disease can be transmitted by breast feeding.

●There is no evidence to suggest that Lyme disease can be transmitted by sexual or intimate contact.

●There is no evidence that Lyme disease can be transmitted by sharing silverware or drinking glasses.

Let me add to the obvious:

there is no evidence that Lyme disease it due to Aliens, Demons, Ghosts or even cell phones

I know you already know this Breezy424. I'm just quoting you since it seemed to fit:-)

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 9

Another preview of Yolanda's appearance on Dr. Oz. Make sure that you watch the video and then wait until after the next "ad" as there is a video of Yolanda on WWHL with a different story than the one she is telling now.   http://tamaratattles.com/2016/02/29/yolanda-says-gigi-rushed-her-to-hospital-for-severe-brain-inflammation/#more-20400

Apparently counting escapes her.  Gigi was driving with Bella and Anwar in the back and the THREE OF US- um that would be four of you.  Has Yolanda ever been treated for inflamed brain?  I don't doubt that she put on these little shows for her children.

• Love 2

Another preview of Yolanda's appearance on Dr. Oz. Make sure that you watch the video and then wait until after the next "ad" as there is a video of Yolanda on WWHL with a different story than the one she is telling now.   http://tamaratattles.com/2016/02/29/yolanda-says-gigi-rushed-her-to-hospital-for-severe-brain-inflammation/#more-20400

Thanks! Very interesting.

It looks like Yolanda is trying to garner sympathy----she says she had severe inflammation of the brain which means she had ENCEPHALITIS however IIRC she was discharged, after extensive testing, with a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome. There is no way "encephalitis" isn't on her list of diagnoses if that is what she had. No doctor is going to mistakenly pick chronic fatigue syndrome in place of encephalitis. If she was worked up for "severe inflammation of the brain" she would have had a spinal tap (lumbar puncture) done (unless she had swelling so bad she was herniating her brain and in that case she would have had surgical decompression) and would have had elevated lymphocytes (WBC; white blood cells) in her spinal fluid (cerebrospinal fluid; csf). Yolanda is lying again imo (I'd have to see her medical records to know for sure but based on what is available to the public and from what she has said, it sounds like lies).

That link had other links that were interesting, like this one

http://tamaratattles.com/2016/02/29/yolanda-says-gigi-rushed-her-to-hospital-for-severe-brain-inflammation/#more-20400

Interesting info about the prenups

• Love 8

So Yolanda hashtags this photo as: #Versace#Oscars#Proudmommy Yet there is no press on Bella being at the Oscars. https://www.instagram.com/p/BCYxWpfoswk/?taken-by=yolandahfoster

Eating in her Versace: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCYpu2fENnG/?taken-by=bellahadid&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCYlsEfENu-/?taken-by=bellahadid&hl=en

Bella looks like she went to a party with fat rich guys in attendance. That must be why Yollanda is a #ProudMommy.

f0vo69.jpg

2e54epz.jpg

2ep4x95.jpg

• Love 2

Apparently counting escapes her.  Gigi was driving with Bella and Anwar in the back and the THREE OF US- um that would be four of you.  Has Yolanda ever been treated for inflamed brain?  I don't doubt that she put on these little shows for her children.

She mentioned it somewhere...wasn't that when she was admitted to Cedars Sinai and had that exhaustive work up that was negative and then she went to belgium and bought the lyme diagnosis.  She mentioned it all in one of her speeches. I remember getting pissed off at her saying "brain inflammation" and then saying the stupid doctors diagnosed her with chronic fatigue syndrome because if that were true then she should sue the shit out of the hospital but it wasn't true so she couldn't sue!

• Love 5

Bella looks like she went to a party with fat rich guys in attendance. That must be why Yollanda is a #ProudMommy.

f0vo69.jpg

2e54epz.jpg

2ep4x95.jpg

I take it you don't watch Project Runway: Allstars.

Some crappy designer did a revealing dress and the judges ripped him apart on critique saying the slit was too high and basically said it looked slutty and it was "DEGRADING TO WOMEN"....they went all PC on his ass for a sexy dress. I didn't care for it but I don't see how any clothes are degrading to women if a woman choses to wear it...(it was the judges that said it and I disagreed with them about that comment). Anyway, I wonder how those "judges" feel about this dress---isn't it done by some big name designer? 

• Love 2
(edited)

why are french fries knocked off the plate and why are the mayo and catsup bottles knocked over....so messy.

I don't like the mismatched bustline of the dress. I'm fine with the high slit but the triangular right bust and the rounded style of the left bust are to jarring imo.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 1
(edited)

I agree 100 %.

Their dysfunctional behavior and maladaptive coping behaviors, the things that people call the "bad" housewives assholes for, the things people don't like, are the symptoms of their mental illnesses. It's the unpleasant reality of mental illness, relationships deteriorate.

I disagree.  People can be selfish and awful and have terrible social skills, lack of self-awareness, etc, and not be mentally ill.  Not everyone who has character flaws  has a mental disorder.  "The things people don't like" are almost always not symptoms of mental illness.  They're simply things that people don't like.

Relationships certainly can deteriorate because of mental illness.  But most of the time they deteriorate because of incompatibility or because the relationship is not nurtured by both parties.  If someone is self-involved and lacks empathy, for example, they may have trouble maintaining relationships.  But that doesn't mean that person is mentally ill.  Choosing to not recognize/change that type of behavior is problematic for sure, but nearly always it's well within a person's capabilities if they choose to do so.  Refusing to recognize the problem and/or refusing to change doesn't mean they're mentally ill.  

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 13

It's Versace couture.

It looks like there were some changes to the dress. There is a nude panel at the waist/hip area on Bella's dress, whereas there isn't any on the runway models dress.

Bella is a beautiful young woman, as is Gigi, but I really wish she smiled more in these photos. She is NOT on the runway or in a photo shoot for some designer, she is supposed to be at a party having fun. Even when she was photo'd with her BF, The Weekend, she didn't smile at all and although she may have looked beautiful but she also looked miserable IMO.

• Love 6

It looks like there were some changes to the dress. There is a nude panel at the waist/hip area on Bella's dress, whereas there isn't any on the runway models dress.

Bella is a beautiful young woman, as is Gigi, but I really wish she smiled more in these photos. She is NOT on the runway or in a photo shoot for some designer, she is supposed to be at a party having fun. Even when she was photo'd with her BF, The Weekend, she didn't smile at all and although she may have looked beautiful but she also looked miserable IMO.

That almost always happens. Designer gowns are tailored to fit which makes it easy to custom adjust. The designer can always veto a suggestion, but I've seen them add/remove sleeves, lengthen the skirt, change colors, etc. It looks like it was taken in quite a bit for Bella. It's hard to tell because she's sitting in the photos, but the silhouette is totally different. She took a runway gown and turned it into a prom dress. And she's almost half-smiling in the picture where she's eating fries. That may be the only thing she and I have in common.

• Love 2

That almost always happens. Designer gowns are tailored to fit which makes it easy to custom adjust. The designer can always veto a suggestion, but I've seen them add/remove sleeves, lengthen the skirt, change colors, etc. It looks like it was taken in quite a bit for Bella. It's hard to tell because she's sitting in the photos, but the silhouette is totally different. She took a runway gown and turned it into a prom dress. And she's almost half-smiling in the picture where she's eating fries. That may be the only thing she and I have in common.

Eating that fry is the closest she has come to smiling since she started modeling. IMO, that is sad, very sad. Here she is, young, doing what she (supposedly) wants to do and she can't smile when someone takes her picture at a party or with her BF.

Thanks for the info about couture dresses, I know nothing about them other than I think most are NOT very nice looking. LOL 

• Love 4

Thanks for the info about couture dresses, I know nothing about them other than I think most are NOT very nice looking. LOL 

I work in fashion and I have very similar sentiments. But they don't pay for my opinion, which is perfectly fine with me.

• Love 2

It's probably the same unaltered dress. It's a sample dress, models need to be able to fit into them, Natasha Poly is 5'10", 33" 24" 34" and Bella is 5'8.5", 34" 23.5" 33". Allegedly.

I can't imagine who buys Versace couture. That dress would cost upward of $20,000, and it shows butt cheek.

• Love 4

Yolanda is proud because her kid attended the Oscars as someone's date? Did Bella inspire the song or something? Is it pride for pushing through illness to be at her man's side?

That said, I think she looks fabulous in those pictures. Especially the third one.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bella is so stunning and I know that, 'dress' is Versace couture and all, but I think she looks like a Russian call-girl in that thing. Just lounging around in that tiny dress looking all pouty and "come hither", I dunno, I just think she could've classed it up a bit more for the Oscars afterparty.

Then again, if Yolanda hadn't have been fortunate enough to land a rich hubby at her prime young N' fertile years, being a high-priced escort might've been her fate as well, so I guess momma's proud of her regardless.

That said, I also hope this is Yo's last season---this is so NOT the calm, cool and classy Euro-chic celebrity housewife we met in her first season((telling movers to "learn English" notwithstanding)).

I don't know if that was just an extremely carefully-crafted facade she put on for her "King", or if all the divorce stress and various illnesses supposedly plaguing her brain have finally taken over what's left of her sanity, but I don't find this version of her character remotely compelling or worthy of television exposure.

Plus, I'm with Lisa V on this one: would it kill her to slap on some lipstick or comb her hair or something? She's on TV for chrissakes---if you're well enough to travel and attend parties and fashion shows, you're well enough to pull yourself together and not look like you just rolled out of bed.

She's gotten so needy, petty, and self-righteously self-absorbed.

Plus, I get so sick of her smuggery over her kids successes---great, she popped out some beautiful kids who are all good models. That's fine, but no need to act as though they're curing cancer or Nobel Peace Prize winners.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 15

It's probably the same unaltered dress. It's a sample dress, models need to be able to fit into them, Natasha Poly is 5'10", 33" 24" 34" and Bella is 5'8.5", 34" 23.5" 33". Allegedly.

I can't imagine who buys Versace couture. That dress would cost upward of $20,000, and it shows butt cheek.

It is not any worst that all those dresses from Instagram boutiques, with the exception of the hefty sales price, of course.

I personally love Versace, nobody does the sexy, sophisticated look better than Donatella.

On a beautiful girl like Bella as well as Kerry Washington this year, it is a style that is instantly recognizable, albeit hard to wear.

• Love 1

Along with the title you get a nice sash, crown, floral arrangement of poison oak and a platform from which to spew your rhetoric?

• Love 5