Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

Nexxie, I just wanted to let you know that, after your recommendation last week, I spoke to my Dr and he is arranging for me to get the test. Thanks again for sharing this information. I'll let you know what happens!

You're so welcome! It made such a difference in my life that I feel a responsibility to tell others. A girlfriend with thyroid and autoimmune problems just got her results - one of the most common mutations. Another piece of the puzzle.

Wishing you the very best of health and happiness! Yes EVS, please let me know what happens. :)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5

I think that Yolanda is doing every bit as much harm as Kim is to her health yet nobody is confronting her about her behavior. Maybe she is alone because David has realized that there is something else going on here and he is refusing to be a part of the behavior he thinks is damaging her health.

• Love 7

I think that Yolanda is doing every bit as much harm as Kim is to her health yet nobody is confronting her about her behavior.

Ohhhh.  That's a very good point.  I would've LOVED to see Yo handling Rinna's constant barrage of 'concern'.  Think about that for just a moment.  It would have been one and done. 

See? This is why we can't have nice things.  All season it was about Kim and Kyle and Brandi.  They didn't give us a chance to consider Yolanda's therapies or Eileen's weirdness for what they are. LOL

• Love 2

I think that Yolanda is doing every bit as much harm as Kim is to her health yet nobody is confronting her about her behavior. Maybe she is alone because David has realized that there is something else going on here and he is refusing to be a part of the behavior he thinks is damaging her health.

Probably a poor choice of words but I feel like Yolanda is becoming addicted or dependent on finding this miracle cure.   If a person claims to have as much cerebral impairment as she does-only 17% of her brain is working-how can she be making informed consent choices?  I realize in Tijuana and Seoul they don't have the same standards for consent but I don't think Yolanda can have it both ways and say she limited brain power and is "a very intelligent person." There is just so much a body can stand. 

I also think there is a fair amount of hypochondria in the ranks of these women.  Brandi, with her zits and side effects from injectibles, TMJ, broken hand, broken ankle, glass injuries, escalator injuries, scratch injuries, anxiety, depression, alcoholism (okay I just had to thrown that in).  Then there is Kim with her alcoholism, anxiety attacks, panic attacks, hernia, disc issue, alcoholism, poly drug use, bad knees.  Finally, Yolanda I can't follow her treatment course but I do think she uses her Lyme Disease to get out of the fray on the show. 

• Love 7

Ohhhh.  That's a very good point.  I would've LOVED to see Yo handling Rinna's constant barrage of 'concern'.  Think about that for just a moment.  It would have been one and done. 

See? This is why we can't have nice things.  All season it was about Kim and Kyle and Brandi.  They didn't give us a chance to consider Yolanda's therapies or Eileen's weirdness for what they are. LOL

Or, to see how she would react if her BF, Brandi, talked to Jennifer about her "concerns" about Yolanda's vitamin/supplement consumption. How would Yolanda react to seeing Brandi spill her, Yolanda's, very private behavior on camera to LisaR or anyone on the show! YIKES!!!!!!

I do think Yolanda would have a sit down with LisaR and correct her but she would blow her stack on Brandi, much more so than LisaR. JMO

• Love 2

I also think there is a fair amount of hypochondria in the ranks of these women.  Brandi, with her zits and side effects from injectibles, TMJ, broken hand, broken ankle, glass injuries, escalator injuries, scratch injuries, anxiety, depression, alcoholism (okay I just had to thrown that in).  Then there is Kim with her alcoholism, anxiety attacks, panic attacks, hernia, disc issue, alcoholism, poly drug use, bad knees. 

And, once again, it somehow comes back to Brandi and Kim. BTW re side effects from injectibles, that applies to 95% of the HWs throughout the franchises.

• Love 1

And, once again, it somehow comes back to Brandi and Kim. BTW re side effects from injectibles, that applies to 95% of the HWs throughout the franchises.

Actually Brandi said her distorted speech was from a particular brand of injectable (filler) when she was interviewing Terry Dubrow, MD on 08/07/14. He is a plastic surgeon and mentioned that her issue was a side effect of the drug.   I have never heard of any of the other women on this show admit to using injectables*.  Brandi told Kyle she needed them, but I don't think she has said she uses them.  My point was these particular three HWs seem to be pretty vocal about their physical maladies.

I think maybe the issue is Brandi and Kim keep putting it out there and when they get called on it they claim all anyone every does is talk about them.  Since this is Yolanda's thread-Yolanda cannot complain about being the subject of articles on medical care when she constantly is putting up pictures of her brain scans, hooked up to one IV or another, seen downing half a pound of supplements, or saying she has been bedridden for x days.  Medical confidentiality requires that the patient exercise some restraint as well as the mandatory  restraints put on US providers.

ETA injectables as in fillers-it is pretty obvious many of them use Botox.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Actually Brandi said her distorted speech was from a particular brand of injectable (filler) when she was interviewing Terry Dubrow, MD on 08/07/14. He is a plastic surgeon and mentioned that her issue was a side effect of the drug. 

Yes, he sure is. Oh and thanks for the date. You don't perchance know the time it happened?

I think maybe the issue is Brandi and Kim keep outing it out there and when they get called on it they claim all anyone every does is talk about them.  .

To the first part of your statement, what does "Brandi and Kim keep outing it out there" mean? This is beyond my keen levels of interpretation. To the latter part of your statement, they may not be wrong. IMO, ya know.

Or, to see how she would react if her BF, Brandi, talked to Jennifer about her "concerns" about Yolanda's vitamin/supplement consumption. How would Yolanda react to seeing Brandi spill her, Yolanda's, very private behavior on camera to LisaR or anyone on the show! YIKES!!!!!!

Definitely.  I am sure YoFo would not appreciate Brandi talking to others about private matters she has mentioned.  I would love to know what YoFo thought about Brandi's comments to Snooki on her podcast show - "Yolanda's daughters are not perfect."  Although, I think at this time, YoFo is not about to confront Brandi on anything like that when she is focusing on her health in some Mexico clinic getting sheep's urine injected into her system or whatever bullshit she has fallen for.

Great point above about YoFo's brain and her ability to consent to such treatments.

• Love 3

Wow! Brandi just can't help herself can she? If there's one person who should be worshipping the ground Yo walks on its Brandi. i doubt Yo is feeling very non judgemental and forgiving now. It's a wonderful theroy and life approach but it shouldn't be wasted on Brandi. Save it for someone who appreciates Yo.

• Love 9

I think it was a typo, and yet I understood the typo as well because it made sense to me. "Brandi and Kim keep putting it out there" is what I think it was meant to be. I thought the typo outing was the newest way to verb something, like antiquing or yard sale-ing. Haha. I don't even really know if it was a typo or on purpose.  I must understand zoeysmom speak. Ha.

The more I think about it the more I think that if Brandi is back next year, it will be Yolanda's turn to be Branditized. It won't be pretty if that does happen. I can just see her outing it out there about Yolanda's marriage and kids. (I can just see her putting it out there about Yolanda's marriage and kids>>>>>That's for you steelcitysister, since you don't speak zoeysmomspeak ha)

Heehee, that I don't! Thanks.

Yes, he sure is. Oh and thanks for the date. You don't perchance know the time it happened?

To the first part of your statement, what does "Brandi and Kim keep outing it out there" mean? This is beyond my keen levels of interpretation. To the latter part of your statement, they may not be wrong. IMO, ya know.

For some reason I am getting the strangest autocorrects.  It keeps changing put and out.  Sorry for the confusion it should read, "Brandi and Kim keep putting it out there."

I mainly just watch the show but after reading though this forum I have some questions. Yo has put it out to the world that she has Lyme Disease (dz) and made some of her health records public (someone had a link to some test results-heavy metals-I guess Yo tweeted or instagramed a photo of her results). From what I have read here, it sounds like her diagnosis is questionable.

If her diagnosis is not questionable and it is just that she is not responding to treatment for medically confirmed Lyme dz then ignore my ramblings below.

1. Does she have confirmed Lyme dz? Someone mentioned a show where doctors said she did not have Lyme Dz.

2. Did she has a spinal tap (LP = lumbar puncture)? Did it have elevated protein or elevated WBCs? What about lyme antibody levels? IgG index/synthesis or oligoclonal band elevations?

3. Serological lyme antibodies abnormal?

4. Any objective evidence other than elevated heavy metals (I think mercury)? I haven't seen her MRIs but I assume nonspecific white matter changes.

5. Have they ruled out sea food and "alternative treatments" as a cause of the elevate heavy metal in one test result?

6. Has she put all her test in social media or just the heavy metals and the dramatic photos of her treatments?

7. Are all her symptoms neurological/psychiatric other than fatigue or does she also have systemic symptoms like arthritis?

8. I assume they have ruled out autoimmune disease and other etiologies of her symptoms. Two great mimickers (no judgement) for causes of neurological disease that almost always should be tested are HIV and RPR (or csf vdrl for neurosyphilis). Has she shown results for serum test rpr and csf (cerebrospinal fluid) for vdrl or other treponemal & nontreponemal tests? What about NMDA receptor antibodies and tests for various encephalitis and so much more (paraneoplastic limbic encephalitis), etc…

9. Has she gone to Mayo Clinic or other academic centers (second and third opinions if no definite diagnosis or questionable diagnosis)? Is she deteriorating at a rate that empiric treatment with "alternatives" is really the best choice assuming one doesn't really know what they are treating. I can see starting antibiotics for bacterial meningitis while waiting for the spinal fluid tests to come back but to get all these potentially dangerous "alternative" treatments for just a constellation of symptoms that she says is lyme dz and doctors say isn't lyme dz….

10. Assuming no definitive diagnosis then has anyone considered Munchausen Syndrome (or other factitious disorder), malingering or a somatoform disorder?

Regardless of the cause of her symptoms, I hope she gets well soon

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 2

I haven't studied Yo's various tests or any of the things that she has posted on InstaGram. I think your 1st question is in reference to an article that was also mentioned on the first part of the reunion. The doctor in question said (at least my understanding of what he said) that there is no medical diagnosis for Chronic Lyme. He cautioned against the multiple alternative treatments and her traveling around the world to seek these treatments because she was setting a poor example for those viewers who are currently being treated for Lyme Disease. 

I think Andy took that out of context when he asked her about it. The doctor in the article was very clear that he had no knowledge of her medical records, only that there was no such medical diagnosis of Chronic Lyme Disease and thought that she should get another opinion. Andy made it seem as though the doctor said she didn't actually have Lyme Disease.

The doctor in the article outlined (very poorly IMO) that she has had way too many differing treatments in search of a cure for a diagnosis that doesn't actually exist by medical standards. He also cautioned against people seeking her path for a cure, when they couldn't be sure if it was simply a case of Lyme Disease.

Personally, I think that Yolanda may have Lyme Disease in conjunction with something else - as well as and including Menopause. I also think that she has made her condition worse by seeking all of these alternative cures. There is no telling what is in all of the supplements she has been taking, or in all of those IV treatments she has been taking.

I would hope that someone with her resources would have gone to the Mayo Clinic or a similar institution prior to embarking on all of these treatments, but I don't know.

I hope she is ok and recovers, I just hope that her desperation for a cure hasn't made her illness worse than it was when she was first diagnosed.

• Love 4

IIRC someone posted about how Yo had gone on some medical show where a panel of doctors reviewed her case and determined they didn't think she had lyme dz.

It was the TV show "The Doctors". She went on about a year after she was "diagnosed" and was not happy with what they told her.

• Love 1

I haven't followed her closely but I always assumed she had exhausted all her options with western medicine. But again that was just an assumption. I look at her and think she has all the money and connections surely her alternative treatment must be a last resort. I would be burning up the phone lines to the Mayo clinic the NIH and any other clinical trail I could find. It pains me to think she is doing all this in lieu of convential medicine. Im curious what did the doctors on that show tell her?

• Love 2

season 6 episode 126

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3594418/?ref_=ttep_ep52

I'm going to see if I can find it online.

I found this link to that video but it is not the entire video. http://www.thedoctorstv.com/videos/what-is-lyme-disease

In another video, I can't find it now even though I watched it right before the one above! LOL, she, Yolanda explains it was a Dr in Belgium that diagnosed her with "Chronic Neurological Lymes Disease". She said that the American Dr.s diagnosed/treated her for symptoms such as depression and that she traveled the world looking for a correct (aka different) diagnosis/answer. 

• Love 2

I found this link to that video but it is not the entire video. http://www.thedoctorstv.com/videos/what-is-lyme-disease

In another video, I can't find it now even though I watched it right before the one above! LOL, she, Yolanda explains it was a Dr in Belgium that diagnosed her with "Chronic Neurological Lymes Disease". She said that the American Dr.s diagnosed/treated her for symptoms such as depression and that she traveled the world looking for correct (aka different) diagnosis/answer.

Thanks! I also did a search but could find anything other than her talking about her symptoms, etc…

I question her diagnosis since it wasn't confirmed when she saw other doctors and since it sounds like she hasn't responded to standard treatments.

Who knows what she has but I wouldn't be surprised, based on how she is portrayed on tv, if she was the type of person who doesn't think she could be depressed or that depression could cause symptoms like decreased concentration, decreased energy, and other symptoms. She seems like the type of person who would incorrectly think depression was a sign of weakness rather than a medical disorder.

This all is just conjecture/speculation and not really an opinion;-)

• Love 3

Well thanks to that link Vicky posted, I found this:

Why did I not know that Yolanda was not really a "newbie" to the reality housewives shows? And cool, she and Foster have all kinds of famous guests. Seal? And I think I saw a celebrity chef, maybe Wolfgang Puck?

This is the name of the reality show: Nederlandse Hollywood Vrouwen There are a couple more videos on YouTube but I have terrible luck just getting the links to show instead of the video showing up on the page.

WireWrap provided the useful link

Lol @ Seal singing "…and I can't remember the words"! That was funny

Yolanda's tweets have become frighteningly despairing. She seems to be losing hope. Is there really nothing left in western medicine for her to try?

All western medicine has is antibiotics for chronic lyme, that's why she's been trying other treatments (she had months of antibiotics to begin with). Different people respond to different treatments because it's a complicated disease and there are mitigating factors, like coinfections and genetic issues. I've written to her through her site and also through Bella's site about what worked for me - and I'm sure many others have done the same. I don't tweet so didn't know she's sounding so hopeless - God bless her.

The good news is western doctors are becoming familiar with alternative protocols that have worked for people, like herbal antibiotics, hyperbaric chambers, infrared sauna and others - and also testing for coinfections and genetic issues, and treating those too.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1

^^^No, wirewrap had not posted a link when I found the Dutch Yolanda show. It was listed on the link you provided, IMDB thing, that lists actors credentials. Yolanda was listed as being on the Drs episode so I clicked her name and it took me to her IMDB page, and there the Dutch Yolanda Housewife show was listed. wirewrap's link went to the actual Drs episode.

My bad! I didn't want to take credit for someone else's link and I just assumed it wasn't the IMDb one from me (I never should assume). Thanks for correcting me;-)
  • Love 1

Well thanks to that link Vicky posted, I found this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUyWDeR4Lxs

Why did I not know that Yolanda was not really a "newbie" to the reality housewives shows? And cool, she and Foster have all kinds of famous guests. Seal? And I think I saw a celebrity chef, maybe Wolfgang Puck? 

This is the name of the reality show:  Nederlandse Hollywood Vrouwen There are a couple more videos on YouTube but I have terrible luck just getting the links to show instead of the video showing up on the page.

Holy Hannah! What a site. A gorgeous table and room, Seal singing on one end and my culinary hero, Wolfgang Puck (or at least it looks like him in that quick glimpse), sitting on the other, and Yolanda with her terrible hair sitting in the middle of it all. I always forget just how terrible her hair was. She looked so much older as well.

• Love 4

Yo9landa's problem, as others have stated, is she is chasing rainbows.  It seems that she has gone for every Lyme treatment available under the sun.  The problem is that she hasn't given her body sufficient time to 'recover' from these treatment, legit or quackery.  

When Yolanda posts her test results and one of the high levels is mercury, her response is that she thought that mercury is only found in thermometers, it's scary.  It shows how ignorant this person, who self claims herself as an expert for finding resources for cures for Lyme, should keep her mouth shut.  With statements like that, this woman needs a real advocate and get off social media.

Aside from this, I think that people should know that in the vast majority of cases, Lyme Disease is curable. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 10

Yolanda's tweets have become frighteningly despairing. She seems to be losing hope. Is there really nothing left in western medicine for her to try?

IMO, just mine, Yolanda has not given "Western Medicine" enough time to work. She is chasing a miracle cure that happens over night, an unrealistic and dangerous expatiation.

• Love 9

Yo9landa's problem, as others have stated, is she is chasing rainbows.  It seems that she has gone for every Lyme treatment available under the sun.  The problem is that she hasn't given her body sufficient time to 'recover' from these treatment, legit or quackery.  

When Yolanda posts her test results and one of the high levels is mercury, her response is that she thought that mercury is only found in thermometers, it's scary.  It shows how ignorant this person, who self claims herself as an expert for finding resources for cures for Lyme, should keep her mouth shut.  With statements like that, this woman needs a real advocate and get off social media.

Aside from this, I think that people should know that in the vast majority of cases, Lyme Disease is curable. 

You are spot on.  Most of the people I've known have gone through a standard treatment course and have bounced back perfectly.  I still have lingering issues after almost 25 years, most likely because of the delayed diagnosis and treatment..  I've been very skeptical of Yolanda's path, and it seems the harder she tries to get well, the more she seems to lose ground.  I have to wonder if she has wound herself up to the point that the stress is affecting her health.    This is a disease that controls you, not the other way around.  And that must drive Yolanda crazy since she is such a control freak.

• Love 7

Here is another part of that TV show with Yolanda. In this she explains her symptoms, when it started and how she was diagnosed.  http://www.thedoctorstv.com/tags/lyme-disease

In light of the fact that she has regressed/gotten worse, she need to reevaluate the diagnosis but at least, rethink her treatment choices. According to her timeline, she started having symptoms around July/August 2011, was diagnosed in 2012, had a port implanted in her arm for medication in Dec. 2012 then had it removed 4 months later in April 2013. While she had the port in she was on a strict diet, taking multiple supplements and did not get better. Of course as we have seen/heard/been told, she has gotten far worse since then, to the point she can not function at all most of the time.

She needs to go back to square 1, get off the "strict diets", walk away from all these supplements, stop all these different IV therapies and get reevaluated to make sure the diagnosis is correct in the first place.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

Thanks for the clip.

I wish she would have explained how that Belgium doctor made the diagnosis. She must of had a spinal tap (LP) if her main symptoms are neurologic/psychiatric.

Strange she posted a photo of the test with the elevated heavy metal but not LP results or any lyme antibody (or other lyme tests)---maybe she did but I didn't see any in the links on any of the pages of her thread. Sure, she has a right to privacy but she is putting herself forward as the "face of lyme dz".

I don't think she should advocate/promote (even if indirectly) for "alternative treatments" unless she really has lyme dz and that there are scientific studies (preferably randomized placebo control double blinded studies) that document efficacy as well as studies documenting safety of the treatment.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 3

I still don't know how she went on a show with 4 doctors, they said she doesn't have lyme disease, and she didn't start back at the drawing board for more opinions on a diagnosis.

It should be obvious that if your therapies aren't working, maybe the  diagnosis really is wrong.  I would entertain that before I went all the way to Korea.

• Love 5

IMO, just mine, Yolanda has not given "Western Medicine" enough time to work. She is chasing a miracle cure that happens over night, an unrealistic and dangerous expatiation.

She did IV antibiotics for several months. That's the whole "western medicine" bag of tricks for a disease that insurance companies don't want to cover. For those who don't need the insurance payment, like Yolanda, the treatment is longer IV antibiotics, which she did.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3

She needs to go back to square 1, get off the "strict diets", walk away from all these supplements, stop all these different IV therapies and get reevaluated to make sure the diagnosis is correct in the first place.

While I don't question the diagnosis (there's a big political war going on between physician groups right now), I do think it would be good to give her body a break and let it be for a while. (And have genetic testing while she rests.) Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3

Well it is clear what she is doing is making her worse. Maybe she should stop everything and see how she feels. Also didn't she claim to almost be paralyzed from one her children's births? I think, as was said earlier, there may be a psychiatric problem here a somatoform disorder or type II bipolar with depression dominance.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6

Wasn't there an episode where Yolanda had "surgery" to remove something - a port or stent or whatever from her heart?  I just think Yolanda has something else or in addition to Lyme Disease and because she so instantly committed to being the face of Lyme Disease-I think Andy Cohen arranged for to get an award about three months after she was diagnosed. 

With Yolanda claiming all this loss of memory and brain function I will be curious to see what she will do if called as a witness in the Krupa vs. Granville case.  IIRC Yolanda is essentially who Brandi is counting on to perfect her defense:  http://news.lalate.com/2015/04/13/brandi-glanville-lawsuit-real-housewives-may-testify-against-her-exclusive/

I hope Yolanda gets better and short of a miraculous recovery between now and June I think it is time she step aside and be a friend of the RH for awhile.  Of all people to quote, Kim said after Season 3, that Yolanda uses ESL and being sick as a reason to not accept responsibility.  Granted this year she had pretty much zero interaction and now that we have seen Amsterdam and both daughters go on to become famous models I think Yolanda's usefulness has ended.  Her peacemaking skills won't be needed if Brandi exits.  Again I am think we will see the big recovery in June.

Well it is clear what she is doing is making her worse. Maybe she should stop everything and see how she feels. Also didn't she claim to almost be paralyzed from one her children's births? I think, as was said earlier, there may be a psychiatric problem here a somatoform disorder or type II bipolar with depression dominance.

That is what I have thought for a very long time.  Ever since she mentioned she broke her back during childbirth with Anwar.  I don't remember the paralysis just another non-conventional treatment-lamb placenta, I believe.

• Love 4

She did IV antibiotics for several months. That's the whole "western medicine" bag of tricks for a disease that insurance companies don't want to cover. For those who don't need the insurance payment, like Yolanda, the treatment is longer IV antibiotics, which she did.

According to her, she did the IV antibiotics while on a very strict diet and taking a lot of supplements, which could effect how well the antibiotics work.

While I don't question the diagnosis (there's a big political war going on between physician groups right now), I do think it would be good to give her body a break and let it be for a while. (And have genetic testing while she rests.)

I believe she is sick but at this point I have to ask if it is LD or at the very least, LD alone. She needs to stop the strict diets, get off all these unregulated supplements and off the wall treatments and get retested/reevaluated.

• Love 3

According to her, she did the IV antibiotics while on a very strict diet and taking a lot of supplements, which could effect how well the antibiotics work.

I believe she is sick but at this point I have to ask if it is LD or at the very least, LD alone. She needs to stop the strict diets, get off all these unregulated supplements and off the wall treatments and get retested/reevaluated.

I think part of Yolanda's make up is that she has to show everyone what incredible will power she has and what control she can exercise over what she eats.  She talks about her household assistant going on the cleanse for weeks at a time and losing 18 pounds.  To me, way too much focus on her diet and supplements-imagine if she just enjoyed life instead of measuring any and everything she puts in her mouth. 

• Love 8

Yo may have lyme dz or she may not.

I just want to add that somatoform disorders do cause physical symptoms ("sick"). For example, some patients with a somatoform disorder have undergone numerous diagnostic abdominal surgeries and other diagnostic invasive procedures that may be potentially harmful and/or have complications that can make the diagnosis even more difficult.

Hopefully she gets well soon and is back in fighting form where she can fight off intruders while naked holding a child!

• Love 2

11138024_1646121435618430_736268533_n.jp

a6a9c29d5014e75086d27b0929f99ec8_bigger.  yolandahfoster
3 hours ago
❤️Fever is our body's natural way to fight disease......... But we are taught to suppress it immediately? #BackToBasics #HyperThermia #AnotherDayAtTheOffice #MyLymeJourney #SearchingForACure affordable for ALL!

As Affordable As...

tumblr_ng39eeOqbe1qefwl8o1_500.png

FERGIE LYRICS
"Glamorous"

(feat. Ludacris)

If you ain't got no money take your broke ass home
You say: If you ain't got no money take your broke ass home
G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S, yeah G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

[b-Section:]
We flying the first class
Up in the sky
Poppin' champagne
Livin' the life
In the fast lane
And I wont change
By the Glamorous, oh the flossy flossy

[chorus:]
The glamorous,
The glamorous, glamorous (the glamorous life)
By the Glamorous, oh the flossy flossy

• Love 3

Do we know where Yo is receiving treatment now? Hyperthermia?? I think there's a whole lot more going on there than Lyme, or, in addition to, Lyme.

I was wondering where that is happening too. Read the story of a man who went to a hot beach and baked until he got well, and a lot of people use infrared sauna as part of their treatment - but I've never seen a machine like this.

• Love 1

I think part of Yolanda's make up is that she has to show everyone what incredible will power she has and what control she can exercise over what she eats.  She talks about her household assistant going on the cleanse for weeks at a time and losing 18 pounds.  To me, way too much focus on her diet and supplements-imagine if she just enjoyed life instead of measuring any and everything she puts in her mouth. 

Therein lies one of the things I take issue with - WTH does a "strict diet" really mean to Yolanda?  A model's diet or a healthy diet?   If it is one of her cleanses, it doesn't seem to me that it is helpful in any way.  I agree that it seems to be a personality trait that she feels has served her well in the past, but seems to be interfering with this particular problem.    I also agree with Higgins, perhaps there is a psychological or somatoform issue at play here.  Sad.

• Love 4