Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

No, it is not.  I'm only now just catching up on this, and the leaking silicone implants just make so much sense in relation to the symptoms she was claiming.  But like many of you, I doubt she'll admit that she was wrong.  Regardless, I welcome the return of bitchy shit-stirring Yolanda in full force, and not just the flashes we got last season.  She makes for a very entertaining villain.

She'll be back as the "I've been through hell and now I know exactly what everyone should be eating, drinking, wearing, not eating, not drinking, not wearing" dinner guest from hell.  Should be good.  I don't believe she'll give up all her beauty treatments though, especially if it means giving up the blond hair.  All the Beverly Hill Ho's are clinging to the last vestiges of their youth with the strength of Brandi gripping a wine bottle with one last swig in it.

• Love 5

Brandi on Yolanda. 

I am curious why a plastic or thoracic surgeon in LA could not remove the leaky implants.  Why Ohio?  I think we are going to be looking at a very plain Yolanda, no hair color, na nail polish, flat chested and out of shape.  Then miraculously she will rise to be a better version of her old self.

• Love 1

Yolanda, My Love, My Lemons, My Lymes, My Leaky Boobs?

Too soon?

That should be the title of David's next love song.

Yolanda, My Love, My Lemons, My Lymes, My Soon to be Two-Ball Wonder

She said she isn't getting anymore implants, botox, hair extensions, nor is she wearing nail polish anymore

You'd think the dumb ass would have avoided Botox while going through all of this drama as she searched for a cure for her disease. She was ingesting her 39,074,702 pills and vitamins, trying all these whacked out treatments, but Botox was a must! That is like smoking while undergoing chemotherapy. Did it ever dawn on her that Botox might have played a part in her illness?

• Love 6
I am curious why a plastic or thoracic surgeon in LA could not remove the leaky implants.  Why Ohio?  I think we are going to be looking at a very plain Yolanda, no hair color, na nail polish, flat chested and out of shape.  Then miraculously she will rise to be a better version of her old self.

Yolanda read an article written by a famous Chinese surgeon who practices at the Cleveland Clinic, the third best hospital in the country.  His article discussed all of the terrible diseases and conditions that leaking breast implants can cause.  Yolanda got in touch with the surgeon and made an appointment with him.  I think that it was only a matter of days that she had the surgery to remove them.  According to the article, she said she felt better within a week.  I'd advise anyone, implants or not, to google that article and read it!  I will never have those implants!  I don't think (just my hunch) that she had ever had Lymes.  I think it was poisoning from that implant leakage.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

Stewed squash, I'd agree with you but I just cannot believe that all of the doctors she's seen all over the world never once asked her if she had implants and checked to see if they were leaking. Or that she never once mentioned to these numerous doctors that she had implants from years ago. It seems to me that that would be one of the first questions they'd ask her. So why she held to this Lyme disease diagnoses all along is so curious to me. I guess I don't understand any of this. But if indeed, it was the leaking implants all along or they exacerbated her original diagnosis of Lyme Disease, she should tell the whole story. Her mantra has been to find a cure for Lyme-how about starting with having your implants checked?

• Love 3

Yes, and I would have some respect for her if she would come out and say I misdiagnosed myself and the real cause of my illness was fake boobs. She would be a tremendous role model for that kind of campaign. But alas, I think she will forever stick with the Lyme. Which is really doing a disservice to people who have Lyme. If someone can recall the time frame, it would be interesting. I think she may have had a legitimate Lyme case. Then she DID recover from Lyme. Yet at the same time the leaky boobs started and she had symptoms that she attached to a post Lyme thing. I read up on it and there are some people who seem to not recover from Lyme like others, but it is NOT at this time an accepted thing, related to Lyme, in the medical field. So I think she had Lyme, leaky boobs around the same time and never got diagnosed for the leaky boobs which caused her to think she had the secondary Lyme thing going on. She needs to get all this sorted out and then come out with the truth. Because she is really causing damage with her ridiculous diagnoses and put downs of western medicine. This is going to sound naive, but would the medical research, medical doctors really hold back a post Lyme thing? No, if it existed they would let it be known and work on a cure for it. I am getting ramble-ish with this post so I am going to stop. But seriously Yo, get your facts straight about what is medically wrong with you so you can be honest with the public. I am not one for saying someone owes something, but Yo, you kind of owe something. The truth.

She is already back to getting "treatment" for her supposed "Lyme's Disease". I don't think she will ever admit the truth to herself let alone the public and I highly doubt that she will stop with all the "stay young looking" treatments she gets either. LOL

• Love 4

Of course, I agree, you are being rational in your thinking. But I think the thing is, she was going for pretty low options, not real doctors who had degrees in medicine. Holistic and alternative was what she sought outside the US. She went to places that really didn't care about diagnosing what was wrong with her, but selling their treatments for "whatever ails you". I don't think the places she went to were licensed or on the up and up or anything that a normal thinking person would want. She was adamant that real medical doctors were hurting her by not treating her for Post Lyme Disease Syndrome. She is an idiot. I think it would be in a tie between Heather RHNY, b RHNY, and Yolanda in deciding who is the biggest know it all.  I think she just like doing weird stuff to her body. I hope her kids don't have that trait and hope they don't get a warped view of medicine from her.

I seriously don't think either Heather or Bethenny would behave the same way as Yolanda did in chasing down every quack on the globe to support her own self diagnosis and IMO, she and Bethenny are tied for 1st/2nd place as overall know it all's with Heather taking a distant 3rd place. LOL

• Love 5

The show Botched had a woman with decades old massive, bowling ball implants that had settled low and unevenly on her chest. She was sick from one of them leaking, I think, and no one else would remove them, I think due to fear of them rupturing during removal? Anyway, the Botched guys were able to help her. They pulled out the intact implant, and it was this clear sphere with mold or algae growing inside it. Just disgusting and unhealthy. And if that thing had ruptured, who knows what would have happened to the woman. They left pockets for new implants, she took a little while just to heal, and then I think they put D sized new implants in, which was somewhat disappointing to me. But the change in her health and appearance was pretty dramatic. Just getting the weight of the enormous implant off of her helped her back and neck.

I wonder how many women aren't getting their implants replaced in timely fashion, and who are sick from old and or leaking implants? And what they think is making them sick?

• Love 8

I seriously don't think either Heather or Bethenny would behave the same way as Yolanda did in chasing down every quack on the globe to support her own self diagnosis and IMO, she and Bethenny are tied for 1st/2nd place as overall know it all's with Heather taking a distant 3rd place. LOL

Agree, WireWrap.

I think in Yolanda's confused mind, LeakY boobs + MEnopause= LYME disease.

I really do think that Yolanda is fearfully and purposely denying and ignoring menopausal symptoms.

• Love 9

I really do think that Yolanda is fearfully and purposely denying and ignoring menopausal symptoms.

So do I. I can't decide if she is afraid of getting old and losing her looks and her King, or if she just likes the attention she is getting with all the 'lyme' selfies. Probably both.

I can't get past the selfie she posted where her son was carrying her and she implied it was because she was too weak to walk, but then someone posted the picture from the front and she was laughing. Stuff like that just makes it hard for me to believe anything she says/posts.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 10

Exactly, EVS.

The incessant posturing, posing, and posting of 'Sick Selfies' exacerbated my existing fairly low opinion of Yolanda.

And, I'm more than fairly certain, that despite her INcredible declarations to the contrary, Yolanda will reappear on the new episodes of RHBH freshly retrofitted, refitted, buffed, and glossed.

-------

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 5

Exactly, EVS.

The incessant posturing, posing, and posting of 'Sick Selfies' exacerbated my existing fairly low opinion of Yolanda.

And, I'm more than fairly certain, that despite her INcredible declarations to the contrary, Yolanda will reappear on the new episodes of RHBH freshly retrofitted, refitted, buffed, and glossed.

-------

Yolanda has always managed to be well "enough" to film when the time comes! LOL

• Love 6

I'm confused by the picture. Does she have ombre hair? I thought one of the girls was blonde and the other a brunette.

There's probably a hair product that you put on that makes your hair look very dark. Looks like she slicked back her hair with shoe polish, lol.

Or her real color is brown and she needs to get it highlighted?!? Her back of the hair bun is blonde.

0911-joe-jonas-hadid-splash-3.jpg

0911-subasset-joe-jonas-hadid-splash-3.j

Edited by talula

There's probably a hair product that you put on that makes your hair look very dark. Looks like she slicked back her hair with shoe polish, lol.

Or her real color is brown and she needs to get it highlighted?!? Her back of the hair bun is blonde.

0911-joe-jonas-hadid-splash-3.jpg

0911-subasset-joe-jonas-hadid-splash-3.j

That guy (Joe Jonas?) is so fucked up I cannot imagine she stays with him after seeing this.  What an asshole!  You know you're going to be photographed so don't get shitfaced until you get home, you idiot!  I don't think he got lucky that night.  Blech.  And I don't get why she shoe-polished the front of her head and not the back, is that a thing or is she trying to make it a thing?

eta: I wouldn't let his head on my pillows with whatever jerry curl shit he has going on there

Edited by Happycatisfine
  • Love 3

I don't think Joe is drunk or high in those pics.  Just some bad timing.  There are other pics in that series where he is clear eyed and happy looking.  Also, they just walked in from the rain so maybe that's why Joe's hair looks so wet and Gigi's looks so dark on the top. Streaky blondes, when they pull their hair back that tight and use product, it looks darker around the head than on the ends.  Like Hayden Panitierre...If you pulled her hair back into a ponytail or bun, it would look super blonde but dark from the front and sides.

hayden-panettiere-2014-golden-globes-hai

• Love 2

Of course, I agree, you are being rational in your thinking. But I think the thing is, she was going for pretty low options, not real doctors who had degrees in medicine. Holistic and alternative was what she sought outside the US. She went to places that really didn't care about diagnosing what was wrong with her, but selling their treatments for "whatever ails you". I don't think the places she went to were licensed or on the up and up or anything that a normal thinking person would want. She was adamant that real medical doctors were hurting her by not treating her for Post Lyme Disease Syndrome. She is an idiot. I think it would be in a tie between Heather RHNY, b RHNY, and Yolanda in deciding who is the biggest know it all.  I think she just like doing weird stuff to her body. I hope her kids don't have that trait and hope they don't get a warped view of medicine from her.

YoFo went to Tijuana, of all the god-forsaken places, for treatment. Those "doctors" will suck you dry for all the money you have and tell you what you want to hear. I have not ever gone to Tijuana for medical treatment, but I have had a few distant relatives who believe in their treatments and claim they feel better after doing some god-awful treatment such as drinking goat's blood and having vitamin IVs. YoFo has money for days so I can only imagine what she paid for.

• Love 5

Gigi dyes her hair blonde.

And, I still do not 'get' her supposed fabulousness--it seems based more so on her parents' fame than personal talent,...

Ditto Bella.

Though, to me, Bella has a more interestingly "exotic" look than Gigi's "Gidget", neither strike me as supermodel material. I'd like to see them on ANTM. Maybe.

And it seems like most times I open a look-at-me-model link there is also mention of the parent/s.

What a vapid life Yolanda has planned for her girls. Bieber and parties and Jonas and parties and...blech.

• Love 6
And, I still do not 'get' her supposed fabulousness--it seems based more so on her parents' fame than personal talent,...

I'll be darned if I remember where I read it, but I did read that she gets hired because she's extremely popular on social media, and she's booked for the awareness that brands and magazines feel she can bring from her fans.  She was actually referred to as a social-media supermodel.  Which, hey, good for her.  I think she and her sister are beautiful girls.  It's been a long time since I watched Top Model, so I've forgotten a lot of the modeling stuff that Tyra taught me.  It does look like she allows herself to eat more than a few almonds now, though she's still pretty thin, so hopefully that particular influence of Yolanda's didn't carry over.

• Love 1

Judging by Yolanda's photo out to lunch with Brandi and Kim  is soap no longer allowed?  it would seen if she was truly going all natural she would cut off all the platinum-sport a Jamie Lee do for a bit and find some natural cosmetics.  Now she just looks unwashed as opposed to washed out.

• Love 3

Judging by Yolanda's photo out to lunch with Brandi and Kim is soap no longer allowed? it would seen if she was truly going all natural she would cut off all the platinum-sport a Jamie Lee do for a bit and find some natural cosmetics. Now she just looks unwashed as opposed to washed out.

I saw that picture and I totally agree! I think she's been hanging around Brandi and Kim too long. Brandi has the same unwashed look most of the time.

It's interesting to me that Lymon Queen Yolanda, who seems to have a very high opinion of herself, is most closely aligned on the show with the two biggest train wrecks. I'm not sure what it says about her, but I do find it interesting. Now that they are gone, I wonder if she will have any allies this season.

Regarding Gigi, here is an article I saw today where she addressed comments about her figure. I do like her confidence and think she comes across well in the article.

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150928/b700535/

Edited by EVS
  • Love 2

Holy moly!  Those three pics of Gigi and Joe Joe make me want to barf or laugh myself sick, one or the other.  He looks so wasted that I want to take her hand and swat him off her shoulder.  His eyeballs are rolled up so far in his head that he looks like he needs 911 STAT!  And don't you love the snap of Bella dragging her mini-squeeze along the street like a wayward kindergartner?  Ugh -- PLEASE!!!  What kind of a name is The Weekend???  "Hi, Mom.  The Weekend is coming for the weekend."

As much as I like Yolanda, I must say that she looks the picture of health and good times at Kim's birthday lunch.  If she isn't back on the show, I think the whole thing has been a set-up for a storyline.  Are the Fosters going weird on us? 

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

Heh, is this the site where someone in one of the threads reminisced about an episode of The Jersey Shore where The Situation ordered pizza over the phone, and the confused person on the other end wasn't understanding that the client's name, and delivery should go to The Situation?

It's going to be the same thing with The Weekend.

• Love 2

The fact that Yolanda would train those girls and practically push them into modeling diminishes my respect for her as a mother.  Everyone knows now that the modeling profession is a dirty one, filled with drugs, hard living, eating disorders, and a wild lifestyle.  Both girls are into nudity, and everytime someone tries to hint to Yo that the girls are getting a bit racy, she comes out with that same reply she's used 100 times: "Oh, but we're European, and those things are more acceptable over there."  *rolling my eyes*

• Love 1

... Both girls are into nudity, and everytime someone tries to hint to Yo that the girls are getting a bit racy, she comes out with that same reply she's used 100 times: "Oh, but we're European, and those things are more acceptable over there."  *rolling my eyes*

Take it or leave it, but it's true... And in Holland, nudity is not a big case. Really not.

• Love 6

Take it or leave it, but it's true... And in Holland, nudity is not a big case. Really not.

I have to agree that things are more acceptable "over there" but I don't think that makes what looks to be rather loose and racy behaviors acceptable worldwide. Just as their nudity freedoms don't travel very well here. It's like that's become Yo's go-to excuse and imho she might want to rework it.

And, to me, it doesn't begin to excuse her press to get them into modeling. Didn't Gigi at one point actually express interest real school type learning? Whatever it was, Yolanda bulldozed right over that thought in her pursuit to, what, live vicariously through her girls? I even kind of remember Yo coaching Gigi at a shoot and it just felt kind of off, to me.

• Love 2

Yes, that is true and it would be true for Yolanda BUT her daughters are American, not European. LOL Visiting Holland and other foreign countries does not make them European, being born/raised/living long term in a country does IMO. Nudity is common in modeling, no matter the country, with the exception of a few, and with having a former model as their mom, I don't think it is a problem with/for the Hadid girls. That said, Yolanda needs to stop using her country of origin as an excuse/reason that it is ok and just say that nudity is often part of the modeling world and leave it at that.

It is a cute cut but I noticed that she is still dying/coloring/bleaching her hair! What happened to "all natural"? LOL

• Love 6

LOL  Wire Wrap, I just about burned my eyeballs studying every strand of Yo's new do.  It sure looked blonde to me, but I'd just read the article where she's swearing off hair dye, so I was sure I was seeing things!  Apparently, she made those vows (which include no nail polish), then got to Mr. Fab's House of Hair, and he changed her mind -- or something like that.

Yes, DianeMars, you're so right about Europe being ahead of the States when it comes to nudity.  I've heard World War II vets talking about nude beaches in France way back in the 1940s, I think, and I doubt that France was alone in the practice of nude swimming.  Where did the bikini become popular first? 

• Love 3

Yolanda's new hairstyle does look good on her. However, she IS still dyeing her hair and utilizing a few other maintenance 'utensils' despite her hypocritical and lying protestations to the contrary.

Yolanda is using The Lyme Disease as an excuse to not fully participate in Ho'wives' shenanigans. She craves the fame and the LIMElight, but doesn't want to accept the negativity that LIMElight may engender.

I still do NOT believe that she has Lyme disease. I feel those ruptured implants caused the bulk of the ill health in conjunction with onset menopause.

And, I am weary of her ill health being constantly mentioned as she dashes about quite perkily and merrily when it does not involved her HO'WIVES' duties.

• Love 7

Her hair is very thin.  I think it looks fabulous short!  And she bleaches the shit out of it, so do I!!   No harm, no foul.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Yes, it's fine if one wishes to dye, paint, polish, lube, renovate, and restructure. BUT, then don't make deliberate and public statements that you( Yolanda) will, henceforth, refrain from such refurbishments and maintenance. Doing so makes one(Yolanda) a flagrant liar.

I do find it a bit amusing and more than a bit hypocritical that Yolanda is 'claiming' no more use of dreaded contaminating enhancements, YET bulldozed her daughters into an industry that encompasses ALL that she, supposedly, now, eschews.

She is such a pretentious hypocrite.

• Love 7

I'm giving her the benefit of a doubt, too.  I've always thought Yolanda was a pretentious twit with too much to prove.  All the "My King", "My Love" crap.  Wearing lingerie to make chicken.  Yech and LOL.  I believe she had a Beverly Hills pole up her butt.  I also didn't like what a buttinsky she is.  But I always thought that deep down she was a good human being.

I also believe she's been very ill.  I don't know from what, but I do think she's sick.  That changes people.  It CAN, anyway.  The proof will be in the pudding next season. If the illness has given her any clarity and helped her to remove the layers of pretense, gotten the stick out her butt and lets the good human being come to the surface, she could easily become my favorite housewife of this franchise. 

• Love 5

There are natural hair dyes and lighteners, on the market these days so, I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt! Lol!

I think that lemons can lighten hair...

Marketing opportunity?

• Love 9