Type keyword(s) to search

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

Everyone knows Ensley does not have Down syndrome. Posts suggesting that she does will be removed and warnings issued. Posts such as these leave the impression that an arguably unflattering picture could somehow be construed as a child being disabled is considered ableist and is against the rules of the board.

• Start Topic

I've never understood the idea that you should only have a baby shower for the first baby.   I know it is a thing, I just don't get it.  I think each child should be celebrated.  

I do hope all those who show up for a party for Jenelle's daughter also show up after she has the baby.  She's gonna need all that support and then some...and that baby is gonna need every single actual adult to have any shot in life.  

• Love 6

Oh I think it's fine and sweet to celebrate each baby I just don't think that the mother needs to be "showered" with gifts every time she has a baby.  A nice little brunch to celebrate mom and baby is nice, and of course people will always want to bring small gifts when they come see a baby the first time, I'm not saying no one should ever celebrate or give a gift for third babies!  

• Love 12

I feel that it is okay if Jenelle is showered with gifts from her first baby to her last.  I don't think it's needed, I just think it's nice.  I personally think the culture that it is somehow in bad form makes me cranky.  I participated in a shower for a friend in a similar situation (third baby, first time baby girl...that is ALL she has in common with Jenelle) and it was such a wonderful, beautiful thing.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, poopchute said:

Why does this asshole need a THIRD baby shower?!

Girlfriend on the right is that kiss up producer from the Barb special who spent the whole time wailing that poor Jenelle was doing sooooo much better!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

I've never understood the idea that you should only have a baby shower for the first baby.   I know it is a thing, I just don't get it.  I think each child should be celebrated.  

I do hope all those who show up for a party for Jenelle's daughter also show up after she has the baby.  She's gonna need all that support and then some...and that baby is gonna need every single actual adult to have any shot in life.  

In the South, I think it's become fairly common in the last couple of decades to have baby showers for second or third (or whatever) babies if the baby is a different sex than the older child/children. We love parties, brunches, baby gifts, etc in the South. I've seen this done plenty for women who have son(s) and then are having a girl. Usually the shower isn't as big as the first one, but still generally not seen as gauche to have another shower if your baby is a different sex from your older kid(s). It  look so like they had a nice time and as someone else noted,  none of them look like Jenelle's usual crowd, so maybe it's promising that Ensley might have some stable women in her life to look up to.

My in-laws gave me a huge shower for my first child (a boy). I had a girl 18 months later (and people were way less excited about baby 2, since I had just had baby 1). Our friends threw us a diaper party (hubby didn't have one for the first baby) for everyone (not just the guys) to come to, since diapers and wipes were the main things we'd need for baby as we already had the big items from our son. Many people also brought girls clothes though because they saw an outfit they thought was cute, got excited to buy for a baby girl, etc. I was worried people would think it was tacky but basically everyone told me something like "of course not! You're having a girl this time and you always need diapers & wipes!" We love babies, eating, & getting together in the South. It's pretty acceptable here. Not to defend Jenelle or anything.....

• Love 7

My tolerance for multiple baby showers largely depends on my feelings for the mom. If she's a nice, good hearted person then no judgments, however if she's a spoiled, entitled twat who uses every event in her life as a gift grab, then yeah, it makes me stabby. 

• Love 22
On 1/7/2017 at 0:43 AM, Elizabeth9 said:

"That's like putting the sharks in charge of the scuba tank" -Dorothy Zbornak

Ha. Thankfully, it is not Jenelle but the  grandmother who must supervise.

Did Jenelle have an outrageous baby gift registry again?  

Edited by GreatKazu
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

My tolerance for multiple baby showers largely depends on my feelings for the mom. If she's a nice, good hearted person then no judgments, however if she's a spoiled, entitled twat who uses every event in her life as a gift grab, then yeah, it makes me stabby. 

Exactly. I have no issue with the concept of multiple showers. There are many reasons for it. Having a girl after having a boy. Many years between kids. Kids born at different times of year. Is it NEEDED? No. Clearly people should be able to provide for their own children. But if other people WANT to throw you another shower, why the heck not? Go ahead and celebrate that baby! 

It's when people demand/throw their own shower that that I get really annoyed. And I can totally see Jenelle insisting upon this. And sorry poor child, but this pregnancy is nothing to celebrate.

• Love 17

I wish we had showers when people graduated from college, or even just move out for the first time. My mom and I were talking the other day about how when I get married, I really won't need much of anything, and I will have saved up plenty money by the time I have a baby. However, when I moved into my apartment and hadn't been paid yet, that was when I needed some things! It's a shame we can't celebrate things like moving out/becoming independent the same way we shower weddings and babies. 

Foe these girls, I guess their moving out "shower" was their new MTV money. ;-)

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Hey, better than Maci's! 

Ha! Got that right.

5 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Omg. Two videos here. 1) Nathan can't speak English, and 2) is Jenelle actually seeming reasonable these days or am I crazy? Like wtf, she is compromising and being polite and measured?!?!!

http://starcasm.net/archives/363344

Dave is DV abuser poster boy right along with Nathan.

I can see why Jenelle is acting reasonable. Dave comes off so controlling and he seems as if he is going to go beserk simply because Jenelle is texting Nathan back about their son. I have seen so many like Dave. They get involved with girls who have children with other guys, but they don't want them to have any sort of interaction with the fathers. Paranoia and other factors.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

Ha! Got that right.

I can see why Jenelle is acting reasonable. Dave comes off so controlling and he seems as if he is going to go beserk simply because Jenelle is texting Nathan back about their son. I have seen so many like Dave. They get involved with girls who have children with other guys, but they don't want them to have any sort of interaction with the fathers. Paranoia and other factors.

Yeah, Nathan is the roid rage, "can smell the DV from a mile away" type. David is more the "quietly control your life and then snap" type.

Such lovely choices for dads! 

I also found the Nathan/Jessica interactions fascinating considering that 4 months or so after this, he was arrested for choking her (time #1). Their relationships deteriorate so quickly from lovey dovey to aggravated DV charges.

Re: Maci, I know this is the Jenelle thread but she pisses me off. I'm pregnant right now and 1) can't even have cold medication without feeling guilty and 2) feel so sick that a drink sounds truly disgusting anyway. Who are these girls that they're fertile through PCOS, 67 abortions and birth control, and then drink and smoke throughout their pregnancies with zero consequences? 

• Love 2

Abortions and birth control have no effect on future fertility. I don't necessarily believe Jenelle is substance-free while pregnant, and didn't Dave assault the mother of his other child while she was pregnant? So that poor baby is not safe now or in the future I am afraid.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Hey, better than Maci's! 

Eh, I wouldn't be even remotely surprised to find out that Jenelle used drugs/drank with all of her pregnancies. She might be better about hiding it than Maci, but Jenelle is about Jenelle and we know she needs to self medicate her anxiety. 

• Love 8

I don't believe Jenelle isn't ingesting anything either, but my point was more about how that baby is safe because she is not being ignored, being tossed in a crib, not having to cry her lungs out because her stupid mother thinks she is sleepy and tired when really she is ill or teething. That baby has her sanctuary inside that womb where she is away from Dave and Jenelle and their anger although she is likely hearing a lot of what is happening.

• Love 6

What is a hospital's criteria for drug and alcohol testing for a pregnant woman? Janelle is certainly a known drug user but do they need more proof than that? I think here in Washington state it is automatically done when the mother is in labor but I could be wrong.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Ha! Got that right.

I agree so much with this but, damnit, Jenelle seems so much calmer and relatively mature, too.  It's messing with my mind!  I know he's an abusive creep.  I fear that one day Janelle will wind up missing.  I feel bad knowing her actions are out of fear.  But I'm also surprisingly impressed with side of Jennelle.  Damn that David, if he had only used his powers for good instead of evil I might think these two had a chance.  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

In the South, I think it's become fairly common in the last couple of decades to have baby showers for second or third (or whatever) babies if the baby is a different sex than the older child/children. We love parties, brunches, baby gifts, etc in the South. I've seen this done plenty for women who have son(s) and then are having a girl. Usually the shower isn't as big as the first one, but still generally not seen as gauche to have another shower if your baby is a different sex from your older kid(s). It  look so like they had a nice time and as someone else noted,  none of them look like Jenelle's usual crowd, so maybe it's promising that Ensley might have some stable women in her life to look up to.

My in-laws gave me a huge shower for my first child (a boy). I had a girl 18 months later (and people were way less excited about baby 2, since I had just had baby 1). Our friends threw us a diaper party (hubby didn't have one for the first baby) for everyone (not just the guys) to come to, since diapers and wipes were the main things we'd need for baby as we already had the big items from our son. Many people also brought girls clothes though because they saw an outfit they thought was cute, got excited to buy for a baby girl, etc. I was worried people would think it was tacky but basically everyone told me something like "of course not! You're having a girl this time and you always need diapers & wipes!" We love babies, eating, & getting together in the South. It's pretty acceptable here. Not to defend Jenelle or anything... ..

This is basically me.   My oldest is a boy.  17months later we had our girl,  so no real baby shower but lots of clothes(people love shopping for baby girls lol) diapers and wipes. 

I did have a baby shower for our third child but he was born 17 years after my daughter lol.  We bought most of our own big things,  car seats, swings,  strollers ,  high chair  and crib.  I didn't want anyone to spend too much.  My best friend insisted on the baby shower,  she loves throwing a baby shower .  It was so much fun.  I did have a bit of guilt thinking people would think it was tacky. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

My in-laws gave me a huge shower for my first child (a boy). I had a girl 18 months later (and people were way less excited about baby 2, since I had just had baby 1). Our friends threw us a diaper party (hubby didn't have one for the first baby) for everyone (not just the guys) to come to, since diapers and wipes were the main things we'd need for baby as we already had the big items from our son. Many people also brought girls clothes though because they saw an outfit they thought was cute, got excited to buy for a baby girl, etc. I was worried people would think it was tacky but basically everyone told me something like "of course not! You're having a girl this time and you always need diapers & wipes!" We love babies, eating, & getting together in the South. It's pretty acceptable here. Not to defend Jenelle or anything... ..

This is basically me.   My oldest is a boy.  17months later we had our girl,  so no real baby shower but lots of clothes(people love shopping for baby girls lol) diapers and wipes. 

I did have a baby shower for my third child but he was born 17 years after my daughter lol.  We bought most of our own big things,  car seats, swings,  strollers ,  high chair  and crib.  I didn't want anyone to spend too much.  My best friend insisted on the baby shower,  she loves throwing a baby shower .  It was so much fun.  I did have a bit of guilt thinking people would think it was tacky. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I will never buy what Jenelle is trying to sell. She'll always be an evil, selfish, sociopath IMHO.

She sure is, but I also would not want her to be abused. I don't believe she is trying to show a new Jenelle. I think she is afraid of Dave.

I dislike her immensely, but that does not negate the fact she might be fearful of Dave just like Amber may be fearful of Matt. Abuse is not something I want to see happen to any of these cast members. 

Agree @MissMel.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

She sure is, but I also would not want her to be abused. I dislike her immensely, but that does not negate the fact she might be fearful of Dave just like Amber may be fearful of Matt. Abuse is not something I want to see happen to any of these cast members. 

Agree @MissMel.

I agree, I don't wish abuse on anyone, physical or otherwise. I haven't watched this show in years, but I was flipping through the channels over the weekend and caught about 2-3 minutes of a 2016 episode where Jenelle and Dave take Jace and Kaiser fishing, and they both acted terribly and IMO were emotionally abusive to both boys. I don't believe either has had a personality turnaround.

• Love 10

Watching the latest episode and they show J with what looks like a drink and Dave a beer. I put NOTHING past her.

When my sister delivered her last child 21 years ago, our mother told the hospital she was an addict. The baby boy has autism. My sister OD'ed 12 years ago.

Just now, FairyDusted said:

When my sister delivered her last child 21 years ago, our mother told the hospital she was an addict. The baby boy has autism. My sister OD'ed 12 years ago.

that's terribly sad, I'm sorry for your family.

• Love 4

I just watched the promo for this week and was genuinely shocked at how calm Jenelle was about Nathan and custody.  She pointed out to David that it is actually her "responsibility to reply to him when he texts about Kaiser" (those were her exact words!).  David was all caveman and saying he's just going to take advantage of you, he's suddenly interested but he wasn't before, blah blah blah but Jenelle was quite reasonable.  Maybe someone should test the water at her place. 

I found a certain amount of irony though in the fact that Jenelle began the segment saying that she was ditching Kaiser with David's mom but then went on to say that she wouldn't let Nathan have Kaiser overnight until it was signed off by a lawyer.  So her 6th soulmate's mom can take care of a toddler who she isn't even related to but his biological dad can't?  

Normally I would understand but this is Jenelle who infamously followed Nathan around trying to slingshot Kaiser into his car so it is a touch hypocritical.  She's like Leah, happy to foist the kid off to anyone else but their actual parent. 

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/sluj6o/teen-mom-2-sneak-peek-jenelle-compromises-with-nathan 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I agree, I don't wish abuse on anyone, physical or otherwise. I haven't watched this show in years, but I was flipping through the channels over the weekend and caught about 2-3 minutes of a 2016 episode where Jenelle and Dave take Jace and Kaiser fishing, and they both acted terribly and IMO were emotionally abusive to both boys. I don't believe either has had a personality turnaround.

Yes, that is the scene where Dave is beyond pissed that Kaiser is behaving like the toddler that he is. Referring to him as a little bitch was enough to make my blood boil.

Jenelle and David are toxic people who have no business being parents and bringing more children into this world.

She pointed out to David that it is actually her "responsibility to reply to him when he texts about Kaiser" (those were her exact words!).

I have a feeling Jenelle is quoting her lawyer. She may have been advised to communicate with Nathan via text as a way to have proof, if needed, for her child custody matter. Anything verbally is just a 'he said, she said' kinda deal with no credibility. Jenelle also said to David she offered Nathan to have the Roll overnight as a way to show proof she is not withholding Kaiser, in the event Nathan backs out of taking the Roll and tries to claim later Jenelle wouldn't let him see his son.

FlowerofCarnage LOL @ the fake Babs photo.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I have a feeling Jenelle is quoting her lawyer. She may have been advised to communicate with Nathan via text as a way to have proof, if needed, for her child custody matter. Anything verbally is just a 'he said, she said' kinda deal with no credibility. Jenelle also said to David she offered Nathan to have the Roll overnight as a way to show proof she is not withholding Kaiser, in the event Nathan backs out of taking the Roll and tries to claim later Jenelle wouldn't let him see his son.

FlowerofCarnage LOL @ the fake Babs photo.

I'm sure that she did just quote her lawyer (clearly there is a business in there) but it makes a nice change from jar-throwing screaming matches on the front lawn!  

Yep, she said to David that once Nathan has signed the paperwork and has the "necessities" that he can have Kaiser.  By that I assume that she means hot dogs and a nice comfortable box since that is what she provides the poor thing with.  

Edited by ChocolateAddict
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

I'm sure that she did just quote her lawyer (clearly there is a business in there) but it makes a nice change from jar-throwing screaming matches on the front lawn!  

It does. I just don't think Jenelle would dare to have a screaming match with David because the outcome would be something far worse than Nathan has ever done to her.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

It does. I just don't think Jenelle would dare to have a screaming match with David because the outcome would be something far worse than Nathan has ever done to her.

Yep, like bleach, large trash bags, shovels, lime, saws plastic wrap and a segment on a show dedicated to true crime worse!

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Yep, like bleach, large trash bags, shovels, lime, saws plastic wrap and a  segment on shown dedicated to true crime worse!

Exactly.  Dave has that boat. I don't trust him at all. Jenelle sure picked some assholes. I remember back when I worked as a paralegal, I saw far too many females in these kind of situations. So many kids are put in these types of situations.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Preach. Fuck! Just let him simmer, all the while thinking 'but he's been in this child's life longer'. Wait 'til Kaiser is a bratty ass pre-teen...

1 hour ago, shelley1005 said:

I'm always telling the clients I work with to get back up whether it is a custody issue or a conversation with your landlord.  If this might end up in court, you better have something to back you up.

"Back up" to what? There's a better chance of injury, or death, than anything a court can protect anyone of.  Just words and notes don't mean anything.  You have to prove the lies because everyone is under 'oath'.  That's not so easy.

52 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Exactly.  Dave has that boat. I don't trust him at all. Jenelle sure picked some assholes. I remember back when I worked as a paralegal, I saw far too many females in these kind of situations. So many kids are put in these types of situations.

Like with the 'nice guys' that everybody assumes them to be?  The "he loves you so much!!!!" ones? I can see how that happens....

10 hours ago, MissMel said:

I agree so much with this but, damnit, Jenelle seems so much calmer and relatively mature, too.  It's messing with my mind!  I know he's an abusive creep.  I fear that one day Janelle will wind up missing.  I feel bad knowing her actions are out of fear.  But I'm also surprisingly impressed with side of Jennelle.  Damn that David, if he had only used his powers for good instead of evil I might think these two had a chance.  

I take back every single word of this post.  Every last fucking one.

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Yeah...memories of Scott Peterson...Dave wouldn't be above dumping a pregnant woman in a large body of water either.

• Love 6

In general, I agree.  In certain situations it would be smarter to add something like 'you might need to get into your car, drive out the driveway, and never look back'.  But yeah, until then, keep some notes.  It will make it easier to find your body in case it ever goes missing.  

My perspective of Jenelle's situation, of course.  Others may vary.  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

I found a certain amount of irony though in the fact that Jenelle began the segment saying that she was ditching Kaiser with David's mom but then went on to say that she wouldn't let Nathan have Kaiser overnight until it was signed off by a lawyer.  So her 6th soulmate's mom can take care of a toddler who she isn't even related to but his biological dad can't?

But Nathan doesn't have a crib!!!!!! The garbage man could babysit Kai at Jenelle's place. Charles Manson could keep an eye on him. It's not the WHO that matters, it's having all the proper supplies. "I'm not leaving my kid with you unless you have an appropriate playpen to dump him in for 10 hours per day! Oh, you have one Jared Fogle? Fine, you can babysit Kaiser". 

• Love 20

Nathan talking with his friend on this most recent episode and the way he talks made me laugh.  Him trying to say Preliminary mediation, did he say aviation? Alienation he said what sounded like Ellie-ination. He likes to use big words, but he doesn't even know how to say them correctly. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

Nathan talking with his friend on this most recent episode and the way he talks made me laugh.  Him trying to say Preliminary mediation, did he say aviation? Alienation he said what sounded like Ellie-ination. He likes to use big words, but he doesn't even know how to say them correctly. 

LOL, I remember: "premilary." The hearing is "premilary" or something along those lines. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Is there another episode tonight? I follow the fake Babs on Instagram and a picture was posted tonight, saying there was a new episode on at 9??? I don't see anything on the Direct TV guide.

Yes, new episode tonight.  

On 1/11/2017 at 10:31 AM, Mkay said:

Amazon had it captioned as "parental-ary"!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Grandma Saracen said:

Amazon had it captioned as "parental-ary"!

That's almost how he said it. I wanted to type parental and had to delete and start over.  Funny!

• Love 1
On 1/10/2017 at 0:38 PM, ghoulina said:

But Nathan doesn't have a crib!!!!!! The garbage man could babysit Kai at Jenelle's place. Charles Manson could keep an eye on him. It's not the WHO that matters, it's having all the proper supplies. "I'm not leaving my kid with you unless you have an appropriate playpen to dump him in for 10 hours per day! Oh, you have one Jared Fogle? Fine, you can babysit Kaiser". 

Charlie Manson is hospitalized so, he is unavailable for any babysitting jobs.

It doesn't seem Barb ever babysits Kaiser. It is always someone else.

• Love 3