Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

What an embarrassing performance. Kim clearly agreed to the interview for PR purposes, but it backfired so badly. I get that she's a lying liar that lies, but doesn't she have a publicist or manager that would have prepared her better? Or how about a crisis management team? This kind of situation is exactly what they're for. Cuz this was a disaster. Deflecting, crying, lying, blaming, diva behavior, storming out, her kids calling her out... I honestly can't imagine how it could have turned out worse for her.

She probably can't afford a publicist or a manager and I think that is a good thing. She doesn't need to be coddled she needs to get a big dose of reality not have something scripted for her.

• Love 7

What's interesting is that this isn't Dr. Phil "cracking down" on her - this is a *normal* non-Bravo person's reaction to Kim.

And it's exactly why newbies Lisa R and Eileen were alarmed by her behavior. As Dr. Phil just said, "What if something happened and everyone looked back and said, 'Why didn't I say anything?'"

• Love 24

New rule! If Kim comes back next season, Dr. Phil must be added as a Real Housewife!

If only to add "in a bar" to the end of every sentence she speaks.

ETA: It's on here right now. I'm in the beginning where he's still giving her enough rope to hang herself.

He is a master at this!  

• Love 7

Don't you hate auto correct?

My husband isn't supposed to be drinking pop. We were texting and he told he'd a coke at lunch. I texted him back, I thought you weren't drinking cock any more!? He texted back what?! why are you bringing up the past! Lol, he is a dork.

Hilarious! He's in denial like Kim! :P

• Love 6

What an embarrassing performance. Kim clearly agreed to the interview for PR purposes, but it backfired so badly. I get that she's a lying liar that lies, but doesn't she have a publicist or manager that would have prepared her better? Or how about a crisis management team? This kind of situation is exactly what they're for. Cuz this was a disaster. Deflecting, crying, lying, blaming, diva behavior, storming out, her kids calling her out... I honestly can't imagine how it could have turned out worse for her.

She didn't get indicted on felony or federal charges.  See how much better off she is than the other Bravo criminals.  A true source of pride for her.

She probably can't afford a publicist or a manager and I think that is a good thing. She doesn't need to be coddled she needs to get a big dose of reality not have something scripted for her.

Her manager agent was there-Bette Smith-we saw her at the finale Season 1 and this year's finale.  She has stood by Kim for years.

• Love 6

Don't you hate autocorrect?

My husband isn't supposed to be drinking pop. We were texting and he told he'd had a coke at lunch. I texted him back, I thought you weren't drinking cock any more!? He texted back, what?! why are you bringing up the past! Lol, he is a dork.

Hysterical!  Love your guy!

• Love 8

I wish Dr. Phil pointed out the drunk driving admission. Cuz that hits a nerve with a lot of people. Including Bravo producers, I would assume. And oh yea, it's illegal. But I guess he didn't buy it for a second (hence all his attention on Kim at the Polo Lounge bar), and his strategy was to just skim over all the lies and get her to treatment.

I think the overall point he was getting to was, Kim has fallen off the wagon, which is the core of Kim's problems. As he mentioned, the dog bite was an accident, no one intended for that to happen, but that is not the core of what is going on between Kyle and Kim. Their problems are due to Kim's addiction. Dr. Phil did mention at some point to the camera (the viewers) how he allowed her to give all her excuses so he can then direct her attention to what he had to say about her addiction. One thing about addicts, when you talk to them, they will interject excuse after excuse, they deflect, they interrupt, they do all that to keep the focus off of their addiction. With the show only being 40+ minutes, there was only so much that could be covered.

• Love 14

I am really surprised (I guess he was trying to cover as much as possible before he bolted) but she flat out admitted she drove herself to the bar drunk and that is absolutely unacceptable.   Most of her actions impact mostly herself but that is life-threatening and I hope the judge at her hearing for the arrest brings it up.   They didn't catch her but there is no other way for her to have gotten there and she was supposedly drunk when she got there by her own story.

• Love 8

My husband isn't supposed to be drinking pop. We were texting and he told he'd had a coke at lunch. I texted him back, I thought you weren't drinking cock any more!? He texted back, what?! why are you bringing up the past! Lol, he is a dork.

LMAO love it.

I love how he admitted he drank a coke. Good man.

• Love 6

I have to admit I have never watched Dr. Phil before, but I was impressed.  He called her out on all her BS.  I guess Kim thought it was going to be an Andy Cohen interview. 

Is there a petition anywhere I can sign to get Dr Phil to host all future HW reunions.

I tried to keep track of everyone she blamed but lost count.  And, Kim - here's a piece of advice:  If someone tells you to leave a place or they'll call the police, next time you might just want to exit.

One thing I would have liked to have seen him push her on a bit was why she felt the need to LOCK herself in the bathroom.  What was she doing in there?  I think we all have our suspicions.

I don't know what changed her mind, but clearly she had no interest in rehab at that point.  No interest at all. It has to be close, I'll go for 30 days, my daughters wedding.....blah blah blah.

The time has come Bravo - cut her loose.

(And note to Dr. Phil - consider yourself lucky that you don't know Brandi).

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 12

And she was having so much anxiety she was "fake" crying.  Dr Phil gave her a tissue and she kept crying and dabbing at her heavily made up eyes and then cheeks yet her tissue was completely dry, and never smudged with all that black goop from her eyes and then she would immediately dab her cheeks yet no smudges or smears.  Wow.  Get me some of that makeup.    Oh wait, you have to actually have tears to mess up all that makeup.

• Love 13

So ... I think Dr. Phil said "diva" twice, right? This is why, sober or not, I don't see her as able to have a career on Bravo or in acting (LOL, as if).

She is a high-maintenance diva who causes a huge headache everywhere she goes. (I-Hop is lucky they did not have to serve her!) This has been reported every single season of the Housewives.

Contrast that to Lisa R, who impressed me on the "unseen footage" episode, with her Hallmark movie shoot. She was grateful for the job, well-prepared, pleasant and performed well. Now that's a professional.

• Love 14

And she was having so much anxiety she was "fake" crying.  Dr Phil gave her a tissue and she kept crying and dabbing at her heavily made up eyes and then cheeks yet her tissue was completely dry, and never smudged with all that black goop from her eyes and then she would immediately dab her cheeks yet no smudges or smears.  Wow.  Get me some of that makeup.    Oh wait, you have to actually have tears to mess up all that makeup.

She probably went crying to Kathy to get some more coaching.

• Love 3

That interview was much longer than the 44 minutes we saw.   The glaring omission of driving drunk and lying about having vodka at Brooks (my guess).   I have a hunch he might have to address the drunk driving and why he did not mention that, so we will know.

When Phil asked Brooke if she had vodka her response looked to me like she did not want to say she didn't even have any Vodka in the house.  She looked down and quietly answered that she got up in the morning and she was gone.  Just a little something there that hit me.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11

I think I need to go to rehab.  I could handle 3 months staying in luxury while I got myself together.   

My favorite Dr. Phil interview.  I was expecting to be disappointed, but I liked it.

Kim does not want help.  She never will.   I feel for her kids, they seem like nice people. 

• Love 11

Andy's show is not a serious forum for addressing dysfunction. I doubt he even sighed, unless it was in relief. She needs health professionals; Andy doesn't have them on call.

I'm thinking that Bravo/Andy are washing their hands of Kim.  The last thing he probably wanted to do was interview her.  I think they're going to cut her loose and an interview would sort of signal that she still has a home with them.

In regards to her saying she would walk away from the show - that was just talk, the answer she needed to give.  She won't leave unless they force her out.  If she truly felt that way, and the show was really a problem, she would have already left.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 10

I'm thinking that Bravo/Andy are washing their hands of Kim.  The last thing he probably wanted to do was interview her.  I think they're going to cut her loose and an interview would sort of signal that she still has a home with them.

Your words to Brao/Andy's ears PLEASE.  I am tired of her lies and baloney.  She is not only a drug addict/alcoholic but she is a very disturbed person.

• Love 11

One thing about the interview, the beginning of the show where they showed various clips, they showed a clip of one of the local news anchors talking about Kim's arrest on the afternoon news. When she was arrested, that story was on all the local news.

Best line of the Dr Phil episode "But you went to a bar. You could have gone anywhere. You could have gone to IHop"  LOL!!!

LOL

I loved when Dr. Phil pointed out that the problems Kim had this past season on the show  was due to her taking that pain pill. That was something Kim refused to acknowledge time and time again on the show. She put the blame on LisaR., Kyle, Eileen, anyone and everyone but herself. Amazing how quickly Kim agreed with Dr. Phil on that.

That interview was much longer than the 44 minutes we saw.

Yes, it was, but the editors have to cut it down to fit the one hour format, including commercials.

• Love 5

Kim's children are really pleasant and nice though.  I doubt this was all Kim's doing though.  I think her ex husbands/baby daddy and Kyle helped with the maturation of the children.  I feel for them.  I can see where Kim, thanks to her addiction and diva ways, has taken advantage of their kindness somewhere.  It's no wonder Whitney probably skipped this.  She's over it.

It was also good Dr Phil spotted how Kyle's body language was at the reunion when Kim spoke.  Kyle knew Kim was under the influence of something and lying a great deal.  You can see it.  She's seen it before with her.  That thing she has claimed in Amsterdam that is so indefensible.

• Love 13

Incredible how she uses Brandii's buzz word "anxiety" whenever someone puts her in a situation where she has to answer something she doesn't want to address and can't come up with a lie.   Her bff Brandi does the same.

Kim and her buddy give me real 100% anxiety.  I don't know if I can handle watching them next season.

• Love 16

It was also good Dr Phil spotted how Kyle's body language was at the reunion when Kim spoke.  Kyle knew Kim was under the influence of something and lying a great deal.  You can see it.  She's seen it before with her.  That thing she has claimed in Amsterdam that is so indefensible.

Yes. He also mentioned something about it is no wonder Kyle wouldn't defend Kim. Who would defend the kind of things Kim has done?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10

I have no problem with Kim exhibiting addict behavior, it is part of the condition.  I just don't want it on a show designed to entertain.  The topic commanded the entire season and I missed enjoying it, damn it. 

• Love 5

Thanks for the link, persnickety!

I think the only time Kim was honest during that entire interview was when she said that she doesn't like herself.

I don't watch Dr. Phil, but I have to say, he certainly had Kim's number. He confronted her with a lot of what we have been talking about over all these many pages. It was nice to see someone who isn't "afraid" of her to tell her like it is and call out her BS.

And it was sad to watch Kim try and manipulate not only Dr. Phil but her children. I truly feel sorry for them. They have probably had to put with this their entire lives. What an emotionally damaging way to live.

• Love 12

Yes. He also mentioned something about it is no wonder Kyle wouldn't defend Kim. Who would defend the kind of things Kim has done?

Kyle has always defended Kim on the show tons of time.  Just this year she woke up and smelt the coffee that covering for Kim has gotten old and not helping.

What got me Kim had the nerve to say she's never drunk on the show..  Uhhh did she forget game night, pt 1 from season 2!  I remember she drank than along with the fact she was high as kite when she arrived at Pam's house.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 11

When Kim walks out of the interview and Brooke goes to talk to her you can hear someone in the background ( Kathy H?) completely enabling Kim. She says something along the lines of this is not what we agreed to. Brooke seems to be over all of Kim's excuses, Kimberly seems all about pleasing Kim, and Chad seems to be in the middle. Kim doesn't want real sobriety- only her version of it where she can occasionally have a cocktail, and do whatever drug Dujour she feels like. What a wastoid.

Yeah, Brooke seems over it. And it helps that she has own career and married into a wealthy family so she has less to lose than someone like Kimberly who probably gets financial support from both Kim and her dad. Chad doesn't need Kim's financial support, he's a Davis, but I get the feeling he leans on her a lot for emotional support. I really wish that kid the best and I hope he's able to pull through his stuff and able to stand on his own two feet and not get dragged into his mother's problems.

And Kathy, you little enabler. I heard her voice a couple times and laughed that she didn't want to appear on camera so the blurred her face.

Loved that Dr Phil called out Kim's little diva ways right out of the gate. Kim is never on time. Loved how she lied and said it wasn't her that kept Phil waiting, she was the first one ready at 10 am. Fluffing her bangs, changing outfits, blah, blah, blah and getting her makeup done.

• Love 17

She didn't get indicted on felony or federal charges.  See how much better off she is than the other Bravo criminals.  A true source of pride for her.

Her manager agent was there-Bette Smith-we saw her at the finale Season 1 and this year's finale.  She has stood by Kim for years.

Thanks for the correction.

I've seen a few snippets of Dr. Phil here and there over the years, but I can honestly say that was the first entire show I've ever watched. I know the man certainly has his detractors (and I'm sure he has many faults) but damn if I wasn't impressed with his no-BS approach to Kim's lies, deflections and diva-like behavior.  I 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) the notion that HE should be hosting these Housewives reunions from here on out!

Best line of the Dr Phil episode "But you went to a bar. You could have gone anywhere. You could have gone to IHop"  LOL!!!

LOL.  I loved me some late-night IHOP back in the day when I was drunk after the bars closed!  I took a taxi though, KIM. 

• Love 9

I'm going to go ahead and use the "v" word - I think Kyle was vindicated more than anyone else in this interview. I'm glad about that. I hope she builds on that and stays strong.

• Love 22

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kim-richards-son-chad-says-brandi-glanville-is-toxic-on-dr-phil-2015274

Apparently the entire family is allergic to accountability as now her son is supposedly blaming Brandi. Brandi is a nasty piece of work but you can't blame her for an addict falling off the wagon. People make choices! 

I didn't hear or read anything quoting Chad as saying Brandi was "toxic."   He said that since she drinks, she's not the right companion for Kim.   Kim responded by saying that Brandi doesn't drink around her unless they're out with the group and then everyone is drinking.

Edited by AnnA

ENTIRE DR PHIL SHOW IS ALREADY UP ON YOU TUBE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e6vGVdc4-I

(You're welcome)

ETA:  HOLY SHIT, THE BITCH KEPT HIM WAITING AND HE CONFRONTS HER RIGHT OFF THE BAT!!!!!!

ETA:  12 minutes in and Dr. Phil is handing Kim her ass on a platter...Yikes!

ETA:  17 minutes in and she admits to drinking wine and lying to everyone at the reunion.

ETA:  26 minutes in and the kids are brought in...

ETA: 28 minutes in --- Brandi is brought up and Kim goes against Chad's assertion that Brandi is toxic to defend Brandi.

ETA:  37 minutes in Kim walks out when Dr. Phil informs her he has made arrangements for her locally "right down the road" (Malibu Beach Sober Living).  He also points out she needs to stop making diva demands.  

ETA:  TOTAL BITCH FOOTAGE AT 38 MINUTES, SCREAMING AND SWEARING AT HER KIDS AND "100% NOT GOING BACK IN THERE."  Damn, Kimmie's really got a thing for percentages...She's de-miked but the kids aren't and Chad does indeed confront her about using pills and smoking pot.  Kim maintains it's not like she drinks every day.  Typical addict rhetoric.  

(Trying to highlight certain hot topics so anyone who wants to FF to a particular part of the interview can do so)

Goddamned, this interview is more satisfying than a Snickers bar!!!

On a personal note, those poor kids.  Honestly, they looked like they had been through this so many, many times before and knew what the end result would likely be (and they were right).  My black little heart just breaks for them knowing they had to grow up with this vile narcissistic woman for a mother.

Is Malibu Beach Sober Living the place that Matthew Perry set up in his home?  

He tells her no diva behavior? but then offers her a Malibu Beach Resort.....cough, hack Renab?

Kim who has probably been an addict for most of her adult life and he okays a 30 day program?   What a crock of shit.

I am not blaming the kids and this was after all on Dr. Phil who I think is a joke...but not one of them said ANYTHING of value to her face during the interview.

We only hear Chad behind a closed door when he thought he was not being heard by the crew anymore.

I heard her talking to her kids like she did to LisaR and Eileen the beast.

Yet every single person walks and talks around like she is broken glass.

The last rehab she left early and someone footed the bill so she could live at the Bev Hills Hotel?   Well, I guess that is better than having her in your home.

What Kim needs is jail, around 5 years worth. Then, she might get clean or beaten to death.  Either option is ok with me.      There are millions of people in this country who actually want help, that is who I care about. Not some entitled horrible person who has had every advantage. 

• Love 14

Shit!! I nominate Dr. Phil to host the RHoBH reunions from now on.

I agree!!!  I never had much respect for Dr. Phil, (wasn't he an Oprah "find" back when he started out??)  but he really, really got cut straight through her bullshit.  He never waivered, never bought any of her lies and stories...just did what needed to be done - hopefully, for Kim and her children's sake.

• Love 8

I'm going to go ahead and use the "v" word - I think Kyle was vindicated more than anyone else in this interview. I'm glad about that. I hope she builds on that and stays strong.

Agree. Just to clarify, Dr. Phil said to Kim, "She [Kyle] isn't going to defend someone who has been lying." This was after Kim rambled on about the whole LisaR issue of Kyle not having defended her. Kim claimed she would defend her sister if someone accused her of not being sober. Yeah fucking right. We saw how Kim DOES NOT defend Kyle.

I didn't hear or read anything quoting Chad as saying Brandi was "toxic."

Chad said it in the interview on Dr. Phil.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 14

My daughter once posted on Facebook about the pubic (picnic) we had at the park for my granddaughter's birthday.

• Love 13

I didn't hear or read anything quoting Chad as saying Brandi was "toxic."   He said that since she drinks, she's not the right companion for Kim.   Kim responded by saying that Brandi doesn't drink around her unless they're out with the group and then everyone is drinking.

He most certainly did. It was a quick-or-you'll-miss-it moment, but I loved every second of it.

• Love 12

Did she actually go to the place Dr. Phil is recommending, based on his final comments it looks like he knows that Kim checked herself into rehab because of "reports" and not something he knows first hand. His last words before talking up Malibu Beach Sober Living were that there were reports that Kim checked herself into rehab and "we certainly hope it's true and we wish her the best."

I got the feeling that Kim did NOT go to Malibu Sober Living facility, but another one of HER choosing.  I think Dr. Phil had to do that acknowledgement at the end of the show because Malibu Sober Living was willing to provide treatment to Kim.  Maybe some kind of fair trade - product placement endorsement from Dr. Phil for treatment of Kim. (or a deeply discounted rate for the treatment).

• Love 10

For some reason, I faintly remember that he was talking to Kim from a pay phone outside a gas station or convenience store (I could be wrong, though....).

I remember the same.  I found this from 2010

http://starcasm.net/archives/71621

"Among the usual stories of multiple husbands, fast cars, and fast times there is a shocking story about a relationship Kim Richards had just after separating from her husband Gregg Davis. From the book:

Immediately after her separation from Davis, Kim dated a bad egg, a twenty-nine-year-old securities broker and high roller with a house in Malibu. John Collett was a central figure in one of the country’s largest scams, involving eight thousand elderly investors and nearly $150 million in losses. He was under investigation on suspicion of illegally selling partnerships in oil and gas leases.

A former stereo salesman, Collett was talking to Kim on a phone outside of Brent’s Deli, in the San Fernando Valley community of Northridge, during lunchtime on October 28, 1991, when, as Jackson put it, “someone walked up yo him and popped a cap in his head.”

The book they refer to is House of Hilton.

• Love 4

Chad said it in the interview on Dr. Phil.

He most certainly did. It was a quick-or-you'll-miss-it moment, but I loved every second of it.

Alrighty then!  I must have missed that but I stand corrected.   

• Love 1

The whole wedding thing drives me crazy. Kim your daughter is not getting married she IS married.

I was yelling at the TV (thank God no one is home, LOL!!)..."your daughter is already fucking married, you stupid idiot!!"  Well, maybe Kim was drunk, stoned or whatever during that marriage, and y'know, her memory of things "goes in waves" when she's drunk, and y'know, it's "all a blur", and y'know she only "kinda remembers"....so, maybe Kim doesn't realize that the wedding at Kathy's house wasn't just a rehearsal??  

I don't understand why her kids didn't point this out to her (or, would that be breaking the fourth wall of the Real Housewives??)  

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 6

It has always been reported as a payphone. Cell phone batteries didn't have the life that they do now and it wasn't that convenient to charge them. There could be a number of reasons why he didn't use one.

He may have been in a pone both but, I had a cell phone then that charged in my car just like they do now.

• Love 1

I think I need to go to rehab.  I could handle 3 months staying in luxury while I got myself together.   

Chile my mind is strategerizing furiously on how I can get myself an addiction, get on the Dr. Phil show and then sent to Malibu Beach Sober Living, and if Dr. Phil recommends 30 days imma be like, "no I think I need 90 days but we can split the difference and I'll go for 60 days."

• Love 20

Monty and the wedding, Monty and the wedding. I am 100% goddamn in pain from hearing about poor Kim dealing with Monty and the wedding!!

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 20

I was hoping Kim revealed what Harry did after they showed that clip.

I'd love to see the footage that didn't make the show. Not a Dr. Philarious fan, but he saw right through her.

ETA: my phone autocorrected Dr. Phil's name to that and it stays!

Sometimes, autocorrect works in your favor!!!  That is hilarious!!  (Get it??  I know, lame joke, LOL!!)  :-)

• Love 2