Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

"Kim is in denial about the whole event," says a source. "She is telling people she wasn't even drinking."

The source also says that Richards went to the Polo Lounge by herself because "she doesn't have many friends at this point."

So Kim is saying she wasn't drunk. Right out of her playbook. I'm sure it was just a water pill that didn't agree with her. Even a public arrest isn't her rock bottom. She's truly hopeless.

Kim is not bitter about her childhood she tries to make other feels sorry for her by claiming she was an extraordinary talent and as such missed out normal things like riding the bus to school.  I think it is time for Kim and various news sources to keep harping on this invented miserable childhood as an excuse for Kim's addiction.  She has had 30 years to get over it.

Sometimes things that happen to you in childhood can affect you your whole life, and even more, some never "get over it." (I don't like that phrase). Think of the Catholic Church pedophile scandal - a lot (or all) of the victims were young boys, and some were scarred for life. Some had the disposition or support system to heal or recover, some didn't (or still don't).

• Love 7

First off there is no evidence that this story is true.  It was a current wife talking about an ex wife.  Second the story was specific to Kathy.  It was never stated there were any actual sex lessons.  Fourth how absolutely screwed up this Sylvia Richards is for making it up or repeating it.  Just a horrible story to tell about young women-if it happened and I am quite sure it did not-Sylvia has zero right to tell the story. This supposedly happened when Kathy was 16 which would have made Kim 11 and 6-does anyone really think anyone would do this?  And why would these successful women and all three of them continue to have a devoted relationship to this woman.  I could understand one daughter or perhaps two being devoted to a monster of a mom but all three?  Ridiculous.  And why would an ex-wife be having discussion of this sort with an ex husband?  Big Kathy and Richards separated when Kyle was 2 years old and it was acrimonious. Does anyone really believe  really they would be having this kind of conversation.

The other misnomer that makes me nuts is that Kim and Kyle competed for the same roles as children.  I am sure everyone can do the math-6 year olds do not try out for the same roles as 11 year olds. I will say this my friend who grew up with the Richards said that Kim throughout her mother's life relied heavily upon her mother to make decisions/choices for her and then expected Kyle and Kathy to step in after she died. 

Kim is not bitter about her childhood she tries to make other feels sorry for her by claiming she was an extraordinary talent and as such missed out normal things like riding the bus to school.  I think it is time for Kim and various news sources to keep harping on this invented miserable childhood as an excuse for Kim's addiction.  She has had 30 years to get over it.

Now I've never read that book and I don't know much about these people except what has been posted here, however, I can believe it -- people can be real fucked in the head, including people who are parents.  I can also believe all three being outwardly devoted to their mother even though she abused and exploited them.  I'm not saying that all of what has been reported is true, because I have no idea but the basic premise I can believe.  

I'll tell you (another) story (because I'm full of stories about fucked up people lol).  I dated a guy who was exceptionally devoted to his mother.  She was a single teenaged mother and raised him on her own and (unlike the Richards') they were poor and homeless for most of his childhood.  He was left with his mothers pimp and drug dealer boyfriends a lot because she was too cracked out to care and they often abused him, physically and sexually.  He had a lot of rage and drug issues, like Kim.  And like Kim, he dealt with his fucked up-ness by becoming the abuser and controlling someone else more helpless than he was (or rather a model of himself as a child), which was me.  Outwardly, he was devoted and appreciative of his mother, always there for her, at her beck and call, etc.  But he really hated her.  Hated her.  And he took that out on me (Madonna/Whore complex) and abused me like he was abused and yelled at me the way I'm sure he would have like to have yelled at his mom.  He used me as the scapegoat because he couldn't handle accepting that his mom let him down and neglected him for her own needs/wants.   

Point is, I can believe that those three had it ingrained in them that their mother was everything to them  and loved them more than anyone else would, and we've been told by Kyle that they were also taught to never, ever tell anyone about their family secrets, and everything was a secret with them.  I can believe that Kim was abused in various ways (as the other two were also I'm sure).  I can't remember who said this before, maybe Reo, that kids of Narcissists and abusers often grow up to be either Codependents or Narcissists themselves.  Kim is the Narcissist who is claiming her power by choosing less powerful people and abusing them.  Kyle is the Codependent who wants desperately to be loved and accepted and who feels the need to make everything OK.  Kathy, I have no clue, however, we know she's an enabler of vices and bad behavior.  

So, I have no idea if that makes any sense or not, but I know from my own childhood, children who are abused often grow up and reenact the abuse either by continuing to be the victim or becoming the abuser.  

• Love 16

If it's true that Kim is denying she had been drinking, I bet her kids are done done done.   If it's true she was w/Brooke earlier, watching the reunion, then stopped by the Polo Lounge on her way home, (to drink alone), I can only imagine how angry Brooke is.  And, the part about her "not having many friends", what about her "ride or die" "I've got your back Boo" friend Brandi???  

I've said it before.  Kim doesn't want to get or be sober.   She wants to be left alone to do what she wants.  She thinks she may be able to not drink around her kids, but other than that, she wants everybody to butt out.   I bet she's blaming the Beverly Hills Hotel for not supporting a "celebrity".   She's just pathetic. 

• Love 10

If it's true she was w/Brooke earlier, watching the reunion, then stopped by the Polo Lounge on her way home, (to drink alone), I can only imagine how angry Brooke is.

You know people have said that Kim was at the reunion so none of it was a surprise.  I wonder if the surprise was that it was a total surprise.  She was high at the filming so she probably didn't remember a thing.  In addition, you have Bravo showing footage of the lies that she was telling.  Basically mocking her.  So she is probably really pissed at Bravo.

• Love 8

First off there is no evidence that this story is true.  It was a current wife talking about an ex wife.  Second the story was specific to Kathy.  Third it was never stated there were any actual sex lessons.  Fourth how absolutely screwed up this Sylvia Richards is for making it up or repeating it.  Just a horrible story to tell about young women-if it happened and I am quite sure it did not-Sylvia has zero right to tell the story. This supposedly happened when Kathy was 16 which would have made Kim 11 and 6-does anyone really think anyone would do this?  And why would these successful women and all three of them continue to have a devoted relationship to this woman.  I could understand one daughter or perhaps two being devoted to a monster of a mom but all three?  Ridiculous.  And why would an ex-wife be having discussion of this sort with an ex husband?  Big Kathy and Richards separated when Kyle was 2 years old and it was acrimonious. Does anyone really believe  really they would be having this kind of conversation.

The other misnomer that makes me nuts is that Kim and Kyle competed for the same roles as children.  I am sure everyone can do the math-6 year olds do not try out for the same roles as 11 year olds. I will say this my friend who grew up with the Richards said that Kim throughout her mother's life relied heavily upon her mother to make decisions/choices for her and then expected Kyle and Kathy to step in after she died. 

The way those women act, indicate that there was severe abuse in their household, IMO.

I don't know about the details about the girls being taught how to have sex but nothing would surprise me.

Remember when Brooke Shield finally wrote about her mother?

I think the Richards had the same type of childhood.

It is sad actually.

As far as Kim being sexually abused in Hollywood, there is a strong possibility that it happened.

That kind of stuff was so prevalent at the time.

How old was Kyle when she got pregnant and married???

I bet their past is full of unsavory secrets.

• Love 9

If it's true that Kim is denying she had been drinking, I bet her kids are done done done. If it's true she was w/Brooke earlier, watching the reunion, then stopped by the Polo Lounge on her way home, (to drink alone), I can only imagine how angry Brooke is. And, the part about her "not having many friends", what about her "ride or die" "I've got your back Boo" friend Brandi???

I've said it before. Kim doesn't want to get or be sober. She wants to be left alone to do what she wants. She thinks she may be able to not drink around her kids, but other than that, she wants everybody to butt out. I bet she's blaming the Beverly Hills Hotel for not supporting a "celebrity". She's just pathetic.

This is probably the most real thing I have read about Kim.

She doesn't want to be sober she wants to be left alone. Kim pushes everyone away so she can drink and get high, without judgment or having to explain what she is doing. How many times over the years on this show has Kyle said that Kim doesn't pick up the phone or return calls. They go for periods of time without seeing each other or talking.

And I say fine, do whatever you want. The problem is that Kim brings her alcohol soaked behind on camera and expects her Co-stars, And the audience to ignore her drunken behavior. No one is allowed question or speculate about her sobriety because that is goddamn mean!

So if Kimmie wants to drink herself dead and doesn't want any input, okay. Just stay off my TV. Her family cannot really do a goddamn thing until Kim helps herself.

Sorry to be such a downer. This season was exhausting imo. I enjoyed Eileen and even Rinna. I love seeing the clips of LVP and Kyle goofing around.

There was not enough of that.

After watching the last reunion. I know I can't watch if Brandi or Kim are back they sucks the air out of this show.

Sorry, for being all dramatic. ;)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 10

This just in from People.com

Kim Richards's arrest for public intoxication is hurting the people she loves the most – her four children, Brooke, Whitney, Chad and Kimberly.

"Kim's children are very disappointed in her," a source tells PEOPLE. "They're so upset. This is hard for them."

According to the Beverly Hills Police Department, the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star, 50, was arrested at the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Thursday morning, and "was displaying symptoms of alcohol intoxication including slurred speech and belligerent insolent behavior cursing at the officers and passively resisted arrest."

A source confirmed to PEOPLE that she had been drinking at the time, while another said she "has been acting increasingly out of it."

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

"Kim is in denial about the whole event," says a source. "She is telling people she wasn't even drinking."

The source also says that Richards went to the Polo Lounge by herself because "she doesn't have many friends at this point."

While the reality star maintained that she is sober during the RHOBH, friends who know her well tell a different story.

"She doesn't think she needs to [go to rehab]," says a source familiar with the situation. "What's sad is that this isn't her rock bottom."

r1bivr.jpg

• Love 4

Sometimes things that happen to you in childhood can affect you your whole life, and even more, some never "get over it." (I don't like that phrase). Think of the Catholic Church pedophile scandal - a lot (or all) of the victims were young boys, and some were scarred for life. Some had the disposition or support system to heal or recover, some didn't (or still don't).

The way those women act, indicate that there was severe abuse in their household, IMO.

I don't know about the details about the girls being taught how to have sex but nothing would surprise me.

It is sad actually.

As far as Kim being sexually abused in Hollywood, there is a strong possibility that it happened.

Both posts are very, very true.  

Secrets are like a cancer.  They breed within you and kill you from the inside out.  

We also don't know what they were all told in order to scare them into keeping these secrets.  Threats and secrets go hand in hand, most of the time.  One of my abusers threatened to kill my sister's dog and harm my family if I said anything.  Even today, twenty years later, my heart is pounding as I type this out.  I still feel like I can't say anything.  It's scary how powerful those things are, no matter how much time has gone by.  So Kyle keeping the family secrets, to me, isn't something that she's doing out of malice to Kim or immaturity.  It's out of terror and that's something she's going to have to work on.    

• Love 13

That's it. I'm banning the next person who professes their love of raisins.* They have no business existing, let alone skulking about in good dessert foods, pretending to be chocolate.

*Including the 80s supergroup, the California Raisins.

(Kidding of course. Don't go reporting me for cracking a joke. :p)

• Love 15

How do you feel about Craisins?

Skulking is an awesome word.

Love them. I'm a Massachusetts girl, so anything cranberry is gravy for me.

And to try and stay on the depressing topic of Kim...I don't fully agree that she wants to be left alone. She wants to be adored, she wants, no, craves, recognition. But she also wants no one to ever question her, ever.

• Love 13
My point is, if Kim took this opportunity seriously whether than pissing on it to show how much of narcissistic druggie-boozer she can be who knows what could had happened.

I agree with you up until a point.  Kyle, NeNe, and Lisa are far more likable/dynamic people than Kim is.  Even when she appears to be sober, she is nervous and strange.  Without her addiction storyline, I think she would have faded away like Taylor, so I'm not really sure she could have used the show for anything positive.  I was surprised to hear she was on Revenge.  Her look is also just terrible, let's be real, the drugs have taken their tole, she's basically like an Amy Sedaris character.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 6

I agree with you up until a point.  Kyle, NeNe, and Lisa are far more likable/dynamic people than Kim is.  Even when she appears to be sober, she is nervous and strange.  Without her addiction storyline, I think she would have faded away like Taylor, so I'm not really sure she could have used the show for anything positive.  I was surprised to hear she was on Revenge.  Her look is also just terrible, let's be real, the drugs have taken their tole, she's basically like an Amy Sedaris character.

There are people who still root for Kim.  Don't be fooled.  Look on Twitter the last few days how they came after Rinna/Pump/Kyle sideways.  And unlike Taylor even if Kim phased out of sorts it's her sister that still helps keeping her on the show. 

• Love 2

Love them. I'm a Massachusetts girl, so anything cranberry is gravy for me.

And to try and stay on the depressing topic of Kim...I don't fully agree that she wants to be left alone. She wants to be adored, she wants, no, craves, recognition. But she also wants no one to ever question her, ever.

Whew, okay, good.  Then I can live to post another day.   I make some nummy, not hateful at all, orange-Craisin scones.  

Agree with the depressing Kim part of your post.  It's the "Pay no attention to the junkie behind the curtain" idea.  She wants to be adored for what she is not, while being able to hide what she is from everyone, at the same time.

• Love 5

So funny!  I've had that T-shirt for a couple of years.  I don't wear it out and about, but whenever somebody comes over and I have it on, they're always crazy to hear where they can get one.  When I first saw it, I was just really glad to know I haven't been alone in my raisin hatred all my life!  If God had wanted us to eat . . . well, never mind.  Too disgusting.

It's hard to imagine Kim reaching a rock bottom that's bottomy enough to penetrate her denial.  She has far too many cushions in place, and I don't see all of them being pulled away.

Urban Dictionary definition.

Egg Beater: A person who is retarded beyond all comprehension that equates to the same value as an inanimate object such as an Egg Beater. For example a retard, idiot, or all round fuck wit.
"look at that fukin egg beater"

"fuck you egg beater"

I think Kim meant shit stirrer though!  

ETA.  Changed name to Kim, I had Brandi. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I think Kim, if she ever gets serious about recovery, would need to go to a rehab clinic out of state to get away from the "Hollywood Entitlement" crap of those places that only serve celebrities and wealthy people who go there to rehab their image rather than their body/mind/soul.

Jon Hamm was in rehab for 30 days in CT without even a whisper until it was over. Kim is so watched by the paps right now, I don't think she could go to the moon for rehab and not be outed. She just won't admit she's got a problem, so it's a moot point until she drives drunk and kills someone, I fear.

She hasn't many friends? Where's her BFF Brandi?

• Love 3

Kay Rosario was another source for the House of Hilton book,  the "second mother" Kim's dog bit, and also one of Big Kathy's good friends, said that Big Kathy spent most if not all of the money Kim earned on herself. She also said, contrary to what Kyle says, pitted the girls against each other as far as careers and who was bringing in the most money, frequently slapping them and pulling their hair, or mocking the "lazy" one who wasn't booking jobs.  She said Big Kathy was drunk a LOT, and liked to pick up guys in bars, and sing in bars, and the girls just got used to strange men being there when they woke up.

There were a lot of sources in that book, nearly two pages of them, and much of the book is quoted comments, including from Monty, and from one of Ken Richard's daughters who lived with them for quite a while.  There were also Hiltons that went on record saying what a nightmare Big Kathy was, and that Little Kathy was a chip off the mom's block. 

Kim's a mess for many reasons, and I wouldn't doubt sexual abuse, but she has demons, probably both mental (maybe bi-polar with her highs and lows) and definitely psychological, which probably comes from the way she was raised. 

As far as the girls still loving their mother?  My best friend works with abused kids, horribly abused kids, and over the years she said she only met one who didn't want to go home to "mom" abuse or no.  She said "you get 3 chances to kill your kid" before her state steps in to remove them.  Big Kathy's forms of abuse (as stated by a few contributors to that book ON the record) are not the kind that would require removal of the kid, but in a way, can be even more damaging long term.

Is Kim petulant and in denial and/or spoiled?  Probably.  To me though Kim is also a person in desperate straights, and alcohol and drugs dull those pains.  I don't think we handle addiction well in this country and I'm not really a fan of the 12 step programs, nor do I think they have a very high success rate.  Either way, although I've never liked her, I do feel for her.

If their mom was still alive, maybe they would have worked more issues out.  She died though, and was promptly put on a pedestal.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 9

Egg Beater: A person who is retarded beyond all comprehension that equates to the same value as an inanimate object such as an Egg Beater. For example a retard, idiot, or all round fuck wit.

"look at that fukin egg beater"

"fuck you egg beater"

I think Brandi meant shit stirrer though!

I'm pretty sure it was Kim who called Rinna an egg beater. And I was like, wtf? So thanks for the definition.

I thought of a job for Kim. My husband watches this show called "world's dummest" or something like that, it has old stars who have had issues with the law and they make "funny" comments" about dumb criminals caught on tape.

It has Leif Garret, Todd Bridges, Tonya Harding and Danny Bonaduce and many many more lol. Kim would fit in great with them. I don't watch it (try to leave the room as soon as he puts this on, sometimes I dont make it and he says sit and watch this with me, lol) so,I wouldn't have to listen to her "witty" comments.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

So Kim is saying she wasn't drunk. Right out of her playbook. I'm sure it was just a water pill that didn't agree with her. Even a public arrest isn't her rock bottom. She's truly hopeless.

Kim nor her sisters have ever indicated they were sexually or physically abused.  I realize it is harsh to say get over it and I do feel sorry for those who have been through traumatic childhood experiences but it does not make them better or easier to cope with abusing drugs or alcohol. Saying your childhood was rough because you were tutored and worked as an actor is not really an excuse for her behavior.  I am sorry everyone has a different childhood and Kim may have had some lonely moments but this nonsense of people invented a horrific childhood to excuse her substance abuse is the last thing she needs.  I have said it before and I will say it again-it is not as if she grew up in Delano tying grape vines at age 8 and relying on migrant education back in the 70's.  She had a private tutor, she attended a private schools, lived in one of the wealthiest areas of the country and of course she had to pay for professional services that stoked the star machine.  If it was so traumatic for her maybe she should not go in front of the cameras.

• Love 11

Both posts are very, very true.  

Secrets are like a cancer.  They breed within you and kill you from the inside out.  

We also don't know what they were all told in order to scare them into keeping these secrets.  Threats and secrets go hand in hand, most of the time.  One of my abusers threatened to kill my sister's dog and harm my family if I said anything.  Even today, twenty years later, my heart is pounding as I type this out.  I still feel like I can't say anything.  It's scary how powerful those things are, no matter how much time has gone by.  So Kyle keeping the family secrets, to me, isn't something that she's doing out of malice to Kim or immaturity.  It's out of terror and that's something she's going to have to work on.    

Not to mention the shame of having it happen, letting it happen, and keeping quiet. (and none of it being your fault)

gentle hugs to you.

Edited by Cheetosandchoc
  • Love 9

Jon Hamm was in rehab for 30 days in CT without even a whisper until it was over. Kim is so watched by the paps right now, I don't think she could go to the moon for rehab and not be outed. She just won't admit she's got a problem, so it's a moot point until she drives drunk and kills someone, I fear.

She hasn't many friends? Where's her BFF Brandi?

I'm not so much concerned about her being "outed" (I mean that's gross, so I hope it doesn't happen any more than it has) but I just don't want her to go to a place that, for a large fee, will cater to her every junkie whim and allow her to continue to call the shot and act like a spoiled child, only for her to come out even more smug than before because she's "sober".  If she's going to get serious about this, she needs to stop with the fuckery.  You're right though, it's moot.  This is Kim.  

BFF Brandi is probably doing what she does best right now, getting wasted and being an ass to someone undeserving.  I guess we'll have to see how this "friendship" plays out.

Not to mention the shame of having it happen, letting it happen, and keeping quiet.

gentle hugs to you.

That's also a huge part of it, too.  The shame and self blame.  Thank you for the hugs, they're really appreciated.  I wish Bravo would be more responsible with this stuff, since these 'storylines' of abuse and dysfunction mirror a lot of the viewers real lives, too.  

• Love 8

I have no idea if the story is true, and Kim is a narcissistic and nasty person regardless, and she gets no pass from me on that. But if it is true, a big IF, it would help provide a "reason" (one of Kim's favorite words) for why she turned to drugs and alcohol. And even wealthy people, living a seemingly glamorous life, can suffer trauma and have a hard time coping. That being said, the past is the past, and I think everyone agrees that long-term therapy is in order to deal with her demons, whatever they are.

• Love 10

Who, if they were of right mind, would hop in a car just a few hours after being released from the police department for drunken disorderly? This makes me believe there was a whole lot of intoxicated driving going on the last few years. Bravo covers it up, so they edited heavily, or there was an agreement that she would be driven while performing duties for the show for at least the last couple of seasons.

A lot of us noticed this season that Kim was the only HW shown not driving, and was always provided limos. Must be nice! #TheStruggleIsNotReal

I completely understand the vindicated feeling that some posters are talking about.  We knew something was going on, yet all we saw was denials, excuses, justifications, and more denials.  Those of us that have lived it knew she was no where near sober - let alone for 3 years.

tabloidlover, I'm sorry for your experiences. It seems like nearly all of us here have been affected by addiction, whether ourselves, family or friends.

I think this IS the first season we've seen more scenes of sober Kim than high Kim. And I think Kyle more than anyone else in the cast is the best judge of Kim's sobriety (as family members often are). Reunion part 3 and the dinner in Amsterdam were both examples of sober Kim with no substance use to mask Kims nasty narcissistic behavior. And I think that's why we've seen such raw and pained reactions from Kyle...because she could tell Kim was sober, yet still so selfish, nasty, and unforgiving.

sclwkr34, I'm sorry for your experiences as well. You've encapsulated why I personally (YMMV) have no sympathy for Kim. Narcissism is an incurable personality disorder, and I feel like we're seeing *that* moreso than the helpless behavior of an addict.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 6

Kim nor her sisters have ever indicated they were sexually or physically abused.  I realize it is harsh to say get over it and I do feel sorry for those who have been through traumatic childhood experiences but it does not make them better or easier to cope with abusing drugs or alcohol. Saying your childhood was rough because you were tutored and worked as an actor is not really an excuse for her behavior.  I am sorry everyone has a different childhood and Kim may have had some lonely moments but this nonsense of people invented a horrific childhood to excuse her substance abuse is the last thing she needs.  I have said it before and I will say it again-it is not as if she grew up in Delano tying grape vines at age 8 and relying on migrant education back in the 70's.  She had a private tutor, she attended a private schools, lived in one of the wealthiest areas of the country and of course she had to pay for professional services that stoked the star machine.  If it was so traumatic for her maybe she should not go in front of the cameras.

Money and fame do not equal a non dis functional childhood, on the contrary.

And no one, has any idea of what went down in that household, IMO.

• Love 7

WOW! Brilliant piece. That guy nailed it on Kim. Read her down like a science. And made me feel better that Ive been cracking jokes the last several days.

Brandi Glanville "uncouth homosapien"

<snip>

Shameless Strumpet  ®Patricia Altschul ~ Southern Charm

&

Brandi Glanville = Uncouth Homosapien

kez_07.gif& kez_09.gif

Edited by PreposterousISTA
  • Love 4

I have no idea if the story is true, and Kim is a narcissistic and nasty person regardless, and she gets no pass from me on that. But if it is true, a big IF, it would help provide a "reason" (one of Kim's favorite words) for why she turned to drugs and alcohol. And even wealthy people, living a seemingly glamorous life, can suffer trauma and have a hard time coping. That being said, the past is the past, and I think everyone agrees that long-term therapy is in order to deal with her demons, whatever they are.

I agree 100% but she is not the only one who needs help, IMO.

Her children and her sisters also need to get help.

It is no coincidence that all the hiltons have substances abuse issues as well.

And yes, that includes the jerk Byron.

• Love 6

So basically Kim was saying Lisa R is retarded.

Way to live down to my expectations, Kim.

• Love 4

I agree that no one knew what went on in that house with Kathy, Kim and Kyle. However, they've had many years to figure it out through therapy that they could all afford. If this kind of sexual abuse as young girls actually occurred, that is reprehensible. Their mother was the one responsible for caring for them, protecting them and making sure they were surrounded by loving people. From my experience, children of narcissists or abusers will defend their abusers for years rather than admit that the people who should have their protectors and champions could have violated their childhoods like they did. 

I think Kim is enormously damaged and will never be right for whatever the reasons are. Her children and Kyle are much better off separating themselves from her as much as possible. If she dies from alcohol, pills or whatever she chooses to use, then so be it. There is absolutely nothing they can do for her now.

Please, God, do not let her harm some innocent person when she's driving drunk.

• Love 10

It is sad actually.

These are assumptions.  Not everyone who is an addict or asshole was sexually abused.  Why is there a strong possibility Kim was sexually abused in Hollywood?  If these are Kim's issues and she elects to keep them private then her privacy should be respected. These women won't deny specific allegations so people just start making stuff up and pretty soon because there was not a specific denial it must be true.  Just as the subject of the 2 am phone calls some things don't need to be public.  At this point I would not believe anything that came out of Kim's mouth.  She needs about a year of truly being clean and sober. 

Kyle was 19 years old when she had her daughter.  Young but legal with someone age appropriate.  It is not like she got pregnant by someone 20 years older than she was.  Did they sleep with their husbands before marriage-obviously they were pregnant but I think it is a bit of a leap top say an 18 year old was sexually abused because she got pregnant.  Maybe she just had unprotected sex.

Brooke Shields said her mother was alcoholic.  None of the Richards sisters have said that about their mother.  Others have said the mother drank.  The one thing I do think Brooke's mother and Kim's other had in common was not necessarily a plan just more work.  BTW I don't consider Brooke Shields and Kim Richards to be in the same category career wise.  Brooke's mother did endorse some pretty salacious roles at a young age for Brooke-Kim was pretty much Disney.

• Love 6

There are people who still root for Kim.  Don't be fooled.  Look on Twitter the last few days how they came after Rinna/Pump/Kyle sideways.  And unlike Taylor even if Kim phased out of sorts it's her sister that still helps keeping her on the show.

Yeah, but so does the Boston Bomber if we are going by Twitter support.  Kim could never launch a clothing line or store like Kyle, because who wants to look like Kim?  There will always be nut cases.

• Love 4

For Zoesmom.

Brooke Shields and Kim Richards had the same type of mothers and are from the same generation.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on that subject.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 2

LMAO! Woot T-shirts & others:  https://www.google.com/search?q=raisins+ruin+everything&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8.

I feel a little guilty though, because I love raisins. Just yesterday I searched for trail mix that didn't have those damned cranberries, but actual raisins. Oatmeal raisin cookie lovers, represent!

Here (waves hand franticly)!!!  Student food trail mix from Whole Foods would not be the same with out big juicy raisins balancing the saltiness of the peanuts and sunflower seeds.  Oatmeal cookies would not be right without raisins to punch them up a bit.  If you cannot tell a chocolate chip cookie from a cookie with raisins, then that's your issue.  I have never confused a raisin with a chocolate chip in my life.

Money and fame do not equal a non dis functional childhood, on the contrary.

And no one, has any idea of what went down in that household, IMO.

I think Zoeymom was pointing out that money and fame don't necessarily equal a childhood of degredation.  IMO, I think its assumed that all child stars have terrible home lives due to what we all witnessed with the Dif'rent Strokes kids.

• Love 6

These are assumptions.  Not everyone who is an addict or asshole was sexually abused.  Why is there a strong possibility Kim was sexually abused in Hollywood?  If these are Kim's issues and she elects to keep them private then her privacy should be respected. These women won't deny specific allegations so people just start making stuff up and pretty soon because there was not a specific denial it must be true.  Just as the subject of the 2 am phone calls some things don't need to be public.  At this point I would not believe anything that came out of Kim's mouth.  She needs about a year of truly being clean and sober. 

Kyle was 19 years old when she had her daughter.  Young but legal with someone age appropriate.  It is not like she got pregnant by someone 20 years older than she was.  Did they sleep with their husbands before marriage-obviously they were pregnant but I think it is a bit of a leap top say an 18 year old was sexually abused because she got pregnant.  Maybe she just had unprotected sex.

Brooke Shields said her mother was alcoholic.  None of the Richards sisters have said that about their mother.  Others have said the mother drank.  The one thing I do think Brooke's mother and Kim's other had in common was not necessarily a plan just more work.  BTW I don't consider Brooke Shields and Kim Richards to be in the same category career wise.  Brooke's mother did endorse some pretty salacious roles at a young age for Brooke-Kim was pretty much Disney.

Sadly, statistics show that 1 in 6 women are raped in America and that's a low estimate when you consider how many are abuses go unreported and unacknowledged by even the victims.  Hollywood is notorious for sexual abuse and exploitation of girls and women.  The fashion and music industries are similar.  

I'm not saying that it's a definite fact, but it's a good probability.  Kim has a lot of rage in her, a lot.  Now that can be caused by many things, or could be caused by some brain malfunction (abuse can actually change brain functioning), but in my experience, there's no rage like that of an abused child trapped in an adult's body.  

I know not all child actors are abused but the percentage is higher than the average and when done by someone with cloud and money, it can make it almost impossible to report and be believed.  Not an excuse, of course, because for me, Kim's victimhood stopped when she created her own victims.  So, I'm not saying that any abuse suffered by her gives her a pass.  But it can help explain where she needs to direct her healing and possibly why she feels angry at and owed by the world at large, and why she turned to drugs and relationships to cope.  Then again, nothing may have happened and she's like this for whatever reason(s), we have no idea, really.  

• Love 8

Earlier, in some of the article quotes, it said that friends and family said "Kim has hit rock bottom."

No she hasn't. Not by a long shot. One arrest? Nope. That won't do it.

Unfortunately, someone will have to be killed or badly injured, and she spend some real time in jail, before she hits "rock bottom." She could prevent any of that from happening, but she's too self-centered to admit she needs help.

I can't figure out any redeeming factors that have come of this, thus far, and I still feel badly for her and her family. I feel worse for whoever is getting hurt by Kim's actions.

• Love 12

But Kyle is probably just a likely to have (hypothetically) survived the same sorts of thing Kim would have survived, so that isn't really an explanation of why Kim is the mess she is.

Not everyone reacts to abuse in the same manner.  My sister and I, abused by one of the same people, did not.  We're total opposites.  She's a straight laced over achiever with a cold, not very affectionate disposition.  I'm an odd, wild child who's an overly emotional, oil spill of a mess of a girl.  lol  

Again, I'm not saying that it's definite, I don't know.  Just that it's probable given the circumstances and it wouldn't shock me if it happened.  

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 7

Except for the financial side of things, I think Brandi doesn't give a hoot about whether she stays on the show or not.  Last night, I would have said that the snitch was either Brandi or Lisa R, but I suspect now that it's Brandi alone.  IMHO, this person knows far too much about what Kim is thinking and feeling, and Lisa R doesn't fit the bill there.  Brandi does.  Besides, who else but Brandi likes to spread rumors and have the inside track on what's going on?  If she doesn't know something, she makes it up. Plus, pinning the whole thing on LVP is pure Brandi. 

I'm dying to see what Bravo decides to do about this.  The Bravo site, plus a number of leaks, indicate that the opinions of TPTB are divided.  I don't see how adding a clause to her contract is going to be any help to Kim or to Bravo.  All she would have to do is fall off the wagon and keep on drinking.  I don't know.  Her financial situation is such that she can't really afford to lose the show as a source of income.  Andy managed to dodge the question by saying that he only wants the best for Kim and her family.  Who knows?

Sword Queen, my brother and I suffered years of every kind of abuse -- mental, emotional, physical, even sexual -- beginning at the age of 3 -- by our mother (who didn't drink alcohol).  This is the first time I have told anyone outside of my closest family members.  My other brother (the youngest) escaped all of it.  My mother never touched him.  My abused brother and I are completely different people from our happy-go-lucky younger brother.  In a sense, Kim has abused her children by her drinking and not being there sometimes for her children.  When I think of what Kim has done to them, I hate her with a passion!!!  No child deserves abuse.  Whether Kim meant to hurt them is beside the question, but the fact that she has continued to drink is nothing short of appalling to me.  The things that I have written about Kim have come from a combination of pity and hatred.  I pity her for her situation, but I hate what she's done and is still doing.  No one who hasn't lived with fear of a parent and lived with the unpredictability of what will happen next can have any complete understanding of just how much harm Kim has done, IMO.  It makes you feel damaged, and it makes you hate yourself because your own parent must have hated you (you think).  To this day, even an apology wouldn't help me, although my mother is gone now.  I couldn't even cross the country in a plane and attend her funeral.  The hurt runs deep.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 14

I'm dying to see what Bravo decides to do about this.  The Bravo site, plus a number of leaks, indicate that the opinions of TPTB are divided.  I don't see how adding a clause to her contract is going to be any help to Kim or to Bravo.  All she would have to do is fall off the wagon and keep on drinking.  I don't know.  Her financial situation is such that she can't really afford to lose the show as a source of income.  Andy managed to dodge the question by saying that he only wants the best for Kim and her family.  Who knows?

None of those stories are true. The producers and the network don't have to figure out next season's cast for months. But I'll give you a hint of what's to come - Kim will be dropped.

• Love 4

None of those stories are true. The producers and the network don't have to figure out next season's cast for months. But I'll give you a hint of what's to come - Kim will be dropped.

Casting decisions/discussions are ongoing, they may not ink deals until right before filming starts but the discussions are happening well before them even if the talent is not directly involved.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 1

Here (waves hand franticly)!!! Student food trail mix from Whole Foods would not be the same with out big juicy raisins balancing the saltiness of the peanuts and sunflower seeds. Oatmeal cookies would not be right without raisins to punch them up a bit. If you cannot tell a chocolate chip cookie from a cookie with raisins, then that's your issue. I have never confused a raisin with a chocolate chip in my life.

BANNED.

• Love 6