Type keyword(s) to search

You know you're watching too much Arrow when....

slayer2
  • Start Topic

When I'm driving in the car and every song on the radio i can somehow link to an arrow character or plot... Only to then to see road & street signs that have arrow references.

Maybe warning signs like "Slippery When Wet" or "Dangerous Curves Ahead"?  'Cause those would be some good Arrow signs.  ;)

• Love 2

You're watching Mythbusters do an episode about the evolution of previously busted myths and they talk about busting the myth that a ninja could catch an arrow. You start laughing because of all the times Arrow used that dumbass act to prove that the LoA were legit badasses.

For the record a ninja or ninja reflexed robot can't actually catch an arrow or deflect a bullet.

• Love 4

You're watching Mythbusters do an episode about the evolution of previously busted myths and they talk about busting the myth that a ninja could catch an arrow. You start laughing because of all the times Arrow used that dumbass act to prove that the LoA were legit badasses.

For the record a ninja or ninja reflexed robot can't actually catch an arrow or deflect a bullet.

Sorry, Morrigan2575, but everyone else's inability to catch arrows and dodge bullets only makes me EVEN MORE impressed by LoA assassins' ability to do so! ;-)

• Love 3

When you see a company's name being 'Arrow Generics' and wonder if they are owned by QC/PT... Then remember they don't really exist and feel slightly bummed out by that fact.

Edited by fantique
  • Love 3

Sorry, Morrigan2575, but everyone else's inability to catch arrows and dodge bullets only makes me EVEN MORE impressed by LoA assassins' ability to do so! ;-)

Except when those same LoA assassin's get taken down by a 50 year old street cop (twice) and an under trained wannabe who got taken down by a street thug... Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

When a commercial comes on and the words "I Believe in You" stir something in your heart because that's what Felicity said to Oliver--before you realize that the commercial is for Save the Children.

(And even more so when you post something about yourself that you should be ashamed of, but you know that the other people obsessed with Arrow will totally understand.)

• Love 2

When a Porsche Convertible identical to the Olicity love getaway car cuts you off on the way to work night shifts on a holiday weekend and your first response is awww... and not something else more explicit. Only to have that response multiple by a million when at a mutual red light you pull up next to said car & are rewarded with the sight of a very much in love elderly couple clearly on a ride to somewhere nice. And you think that will be my couple in 50 or so yrs. Perhaps its a good omen for a decent shift. Helps when you park few cars down from a red Mini Cooper. The universe is not helping my Arrow obsession. :)

• Love 5

When you pull up next to what I never knew existed, the Love Child Car of Olicity. It was a Hunter Green Mini-Cooper Convertible that even had a blond girl with glasses (ok they were sunglasses) driving it. It was like everything Olicity wrapped in one, minus the guy (but I'll consider the girl on the way to pick him up). Seriously, the only thing it was missing was the fern in the back.

• Love 3

I had to go to my favorite fabric store/junk shop today and there, on the counter next to the register, was a box full of buckles. All different kinds, there must have been at least a hundred in there. I giggled and earned a weird look from the lady behind the counter. Now I totally understand where Laurel must have accessorized her look!

• Love 4

You know you're watching too much Arrow, or obsessing about it when you go shopping for toiletries and end up buying Axe White label Forest body wash because that's what you imagine that Oliver would use due to its blend of "pear, starfruit, driftwood and moss notes"

• Love 3

...when it's my turn to pick something to watch on Netflix and this happens:

Me: How about doing a series binge of Arrow? It's my favorite show, and you've refused to watch it with me because of some silly notion you have about the guy's abs, or whatever. It would be nice to share something with you.

Husband: Share something?! I thought we've been sharing a wonderful life together for decades.

Me: Sharing a life? Maybe. But, we can know what it is to truly live if we watch Arrow together.

Pillow: THUNK! (against my head)

• Love 5

You know you are watching too much Arrow when you find yourself watching reruns of Blue Bloods just because David Ramsey plays the mayor.  (I love how his suits bunch and bulge over his muscles.)  Also you know you are watching too much Arrow when you wonder if DR's character could recommend a good self powered wheelchair (his character is paralyzed)  if Felicity ends up needing one for a while. 

• Love 3

When I'm driving in the car and every song on the radio i can somehow link to an arrow character or plot... Only to then to see road & street signs that have arrow references.

So we were driving back home from Florida and because it's a long ass drive, (Florida to NJ) I would get bored and look at the signs. Yup, passed by Laurel again, and Mount Laurel and Laureldale Avenue. Travel On Shoulder Permitted When Green Arrow Is Lit. That made me chuckle. But my favorite was a sign encouraging road safety: "Buckle Up, America!" And in my head, I hear Laurel pipe up: "Already on it!"

Yeah, I'm easily amused. And it's a long, boring drive back to New Jersey.

• Love 5

So we were driving back home from Florida and because it's a long ass drive, (Florida to NJ) I would get bored and look at the signs. Yup, passed by Laurel again, and Mount Laurel and Laureldale Avenue. Travel On Shoulder Permitted When Green Arrow Is Lit. That made me chuckle. But my favorite was a sign encouraging road safety: "Buckle Up, America!" And in my head, I hear Laurel pipe up: "Already on it!"

Yeah, I'm easily amused. And it's a long, boring drive back to New Jersey.

I do MA to PA a lot and every time I think I've seen my last ARROW reference I see a new one. It is like my only personal game of "I Spy". All though road trips can be boring, I must admit I do enjoy them because they let me think, have great conversations with my family/friends or listen to some really great music uninterrupted. The only time I can not stand road trips is when there is traffic, there is really nothing worse than traffic, especially if its related to construction :(

• Love 2

When love songs all start to be about Oliver and Felicity. 

My latest is a mellow song from the Eagles.  "Love Will Keep Us Alive"

Just a quick sample:

I was standing
All alone against the world outside
You were searching
For a place to hide
Lost and lonely
Now you've given me the will to survive
When we're hungry, love will keep us alive

Don't you worry

Sometimes you've just gotta let it ride
The world is changing
Right before your eyes

Now I've found you
There's no more emptiness inside

I would die for you
Climb the highest mountain
Baby, there's nothing I wouldn't do

Now I've found you
There's no more emptiness inside

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

I feel like it's just part of Hollywood's girls can be smart initiative to show they are trying to write "strong" women. It's a quick wardrobe choice to supplement for writing at times. Glasses on girls are cliche Hollywood trick to make the audience believe something.

• Love 2

As part of their holiday promotion this year, Cards Against Humanity bought a castle in Ireland, and everyone that participated gets to be "king" for 3 minutes, as well as make 3 decrees.

So of course when it was my turn, I had to take the opportunity to make a declarative statement settling some Arrow business once and for all (or at least for the 3 minutes of my "rule".):

Zr0NtKOl.jpg

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 11

When you're watching another show and it gives you insight into OQ & Arrow writers.

I was watching Being Erica and the therapist said that it is actually against the body's physiological responses to talk over problems when there is conflict and threats. That our body's natural response is to either fight the threat or run away from it. Which is in line with Fight or Flight theory.... Anyway, got me thinking about OQ. I don't agree with it as rationale for people to never have a conversation. But it does make sense that OQ would perhaps be more inclined to be more fight or flight inclined. Either way it got me thinking.

• Love 5

..When you are watching Charmed reruns on tv every now and then for old times'sake, and then at night you end up dreaming Arrow credits Charmed-style, song and all. And you don't freak out for the dream itself, but because Poppy was in it!

• Love 3
I was watching Being Erica and the therapist said that it is actually against the body's physiological responses to talk over problems when there is conflict and threats. That our body's natural response is to either fight the threat or run away from it. Which is in line with Fight or Flight theory.... Anyway, got me thinking about OQ. I don't agree with it as rationale for people to never have a conversation. But it does make sense that OQ would perhaps be more inclined to be more fight or flight inclined. Either way it got me thinking.

As much as I liked Being Erica, that's just not true in terms of physiology.  (Also the Fight or Flight response is for men, women have a Circle the Wagons response.)

But I agree that like most men, Oliver would be more comfortable punching something than talking about his feelings.

....you're watching Flash and immediately think, eh, it's ok, Felicity survived much worse just a couple episodes ago.

HA!!!  I just this second watched that scene thinking the exact same thing.  Least Iris finally got some of her dad's attention.  Still wasn't about her (Wally feels GUILT!) 

Edited by BkWurm1