Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

How would it come up in trial though?  "Your honor, back when we lived together, several years ago, she threw water on me, so now I have to harass and stalk her?"  The fact remains, even if she threw water on him tomorrow, his response of throwing a fit at Bryn's school wouldn't be the appropriate way to handle it.  He would need to trot down to the police and press charges.  

• Love 6

So Bethenny has thrown water on a sleeping Jason and ordered a drink specifically to throw on a woman who was doing nothing to Bethenny at all?

She is disturbed.

I wonder if she was throwing Dennis in Jason's face and saying he'll be Brynn's stepdad and look at all the time we're spending together etc., stuff like that. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

Kathryn tested positive for cocaine, opiates and something else so Thomas had to take the kids.  They are very different situations. 

Yes, but both situations involve two creeps playing games with each other at the expense of their offspring.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

do think Bethenny loves Bryn but I think she hates Jason more. Bethenny never followed through on that promise, it was nothing more than a sympathy/support ploy for the reunion. She also never followed through with introducing her ex step father to Bryn either and she made that promise over 3 years ago now. 

When did she make a "promise"? 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Most parents realize the other parents time is equally important to the child(ren), not just their own time with them. Bethenny does not.

Actually, no. This isn't true. Maybe in fantasy land. Most parents believe that the kids need the other parent in their lives, but even that can be a killer to admit, and comes when tempers have cooled. The reality is that most folks in a contentious divorce believe that they are best capable of doing the child rearing. They do not think that the other parents time is equally important. The very idea that Bethenny is criticized for thinking what almost every divorced person believes, at least during the initial really hard years, is one of the things that continues to stun. 

• Love 5

I wonder if it's something to do with Bryn: 

3. With intent to harass, annoy or alarm a specific person, intentionally engages in a course of conduct directed at such person which is likely to cause such person to reasonably fear physical injury or serious physical injury, the commission of a sex offense against, or the kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment or death of such person or a member of such person's immediate family;

https://victimsofcrime.org/our-programs/stalking-resource-center/stalking-laws/criminal-stalking-laws-by-state/new-york#50

("You'll never see her again either" etc etc). 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

She's not a journalist.  She a very biased blogger who used to be a school teacher. She often belittles her posters, encourages others to join her, and humiliates her posters for grammatical errors while making many herself.  She went on a tirade against me for having a problem with her calling NeNe a "dancing monkey".  I don't even watch the show but come on!  She also has a donate button.  She's had her own legal issues, so she really should avoid the topic.  But I'm pretty sure she hates Bethenny.  Who's her fave - Aviva. 

Thank you for posting this. She is a nutter as far as I am concerned. She seems to have some inside sources, especially with regard to the Atlanta crew, and can sometimes give an inside scoop on what happened during filming. That is about it. She often gets the show wrong when she recaps it. Like shockingly wrong. Like the kind of wrong where you wonder if she watched it. Like getting it wrong when saying who was even at a dinner party that she is recapping. She has said from the beginning of the stuff with Jason getting arrested that she thinks it is bullshit (my words not hers). That she thinks that Bethenny is wrong and is to blame for the charges. On several occasions she has seemed to not understand the process and seems to think that Beth's legal team is responsible for Jason's troubles, vs. the state of NY bringing charges. She thinks Beth should have just kept her mouth shut. She is not a person to quote about any of this if one is looking for credibility. If you are looking to quote a random blogger who doesn't know shit about this case or apparently how the law works, she is your gal. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, film noire said:

3. With intent to harass, annoy or alarm a specific person, intentionally engages in a course of conduct directed at such person which is likely to cause such person to reasonably fear physical injury or serious physical injury, the commission of a sex offense against, or the kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment or death of such person or a member of such person's immediate family;

https://victimsofcrime.org/our-programs/stalking-resource-center/stalking-laws/criminal-stalking-laws-by-state/new-york#50

That is a very interesting theory.  But is that the current statutory wording of the offense of stalking? The thing you linked gives a date of 1999.

It seems odd that (at least from what I have looked up) that this doesn't seem to be part of the current law.  You would think it would still be illegal and show up as part of the offense of stalking somewhere.  Surely it is against the law to suggest you would kidnap a child. 

It does seem like such a threat might have been made, given the nature of the conflict, and is a reasonable guess as to why the additional charges were levied.

The mystery deepens ... 

• Love 3
(edited)

The most important person in all of this is their child.

They both said things that were reprehensible.  Both of them.  Admitting saying that you'll never see your child again is certainly no less reprehensible than calling someone by their mother's name, who did allegedly keep their child from seeing their father.

What gets to me about Beth is that she just can't keep her mouth shut.  Stop talking about it.  Stop talking about your pain, torment, torture, being in a cage.  Shut up and just say it's a private matter.  Less than two weeks after Jason was arrested, Beth is giving an interview to People Magazine about how she will be alone for Valentine's Day:

http://people.com/celebrity/bethenny-frankel-skipping-valentines-day-boyfriend-dennis-shields/

Of course it's back to the torment.  And then we have her saying that people made a bigger deal of her relationship with Shields.  Bullshit.  She had photos taken of her and Shields with her wearing a diamond ring on her left finger.

Shut up Beth.  She has done this for years since she filed for divorce.  And when there is a child involved, just zip it.  If she actually did that, I don't think she would have the problems she's having.  It brings me back to the custody trial.  She was told by the judge not to go for primary custody but she just had to get on that stand and say her piece of victimhood and then drop it.  It was all so calculated. 

Mileage may vary but I don't see Jason's emails that have been published to be quite on the par of being guilty of a crime.  We don't know what happened at the school but, even it's Beth's 'right' to have Shields be there, it just adds fuel to the fire.  Just like all her interviews of torture, etc.

Lastly, yeah, Beth has rights, etc. but at the same time, you need to use common sense.  I always say that life is grey.  You may have rights but you don't instigate just because you can.  And Beth has been instigating for years regarding her divorce and custody.  Now I'm not saying that Jason is totally right either.

Both of them need to get over themselves, especially Beth because she does use the media, aka public, to advance her viewpoint, aka victimhood. 

Now...I posted earlier about Beth filing the complaint and that it wasn't in the best interest of their daughter.  A number of posters disagreed with me.  Fine.  I think Beth needs to take a good look at herself and how she is at fault in so much of this.  Yep, others will disagree.  Before claiming victimhood, Beth has to realize that playing this out in public, and she has, does affect it and the other person involved.  As well as her choices as to her playing to public about her relationships with a married man, etc.

And yes, I so support someone who is being abused to legally charge their abuser.  I just don't see Beth as an innocent victim in this.  And...I so disagree with this notion about who makes more money.  Marriage is a partnership.  No one in a marriage should have more rights because they make more money.

I'm serving pina coladas on the other side of the pool right now.  The nachos will be out shortly.  Oh, and some bacon.  :)

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 4

FN, you bring up something that I have though about with this whole situation, too.  Particularly when people seem to be saying that B shouldn't have gone to the police, or should have done something else, etc, Jason's behavior seems to be escalating.  We don't know all the details (I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to, though!), but we do know that he was served with a C&D and then he went on to violate that.  We also know he caused an incident at Bryn's school.  So, I will go out on a limb and say that his behavior escalating is what caused B to go and take her evidence to the police.  Were I in her shoes (or the shoes of any parent who might be facing that sort of situation), I think I'd have to wonder whether the behavior would eventually escalate to a point where it involved the child, and that would be another reason I'd want to shut it down.  

• Love 7

So, I need this to go on Judge Judy for two reasons. 1) I need this whole thing to be televised. 2) Her no nonsense attitude. 

4 minutes ago, smores said:

FN, you bring up something that I have though about with this whole situation, too.  Particularly when people seem to be saying that B shouldn't have gone to the police, or should have done something else, etc, Jason's behavior seems to be escalating.  We don't know all the details (I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to, though!), but we do know that he was served with a C&D and then he went on to violate that.  We also know he caused an incident at Bryn's school.  So, I will go out on a limb and say that his behavior escalating is what caused B to go and take her evidence to the police.  Were I in her shoes (or the shoes of any parent who might be facing that sort of situation), I think I'd have to wonder whether the behavior would eventually escalate to a point where it involved the child, and that would be another reason I'd want to shut it down.  

The whole "She shouldn't have reported and thought about how it would have affected Bryn" is horrible advice. You make an excellent point though--Bethenny did send the C&D letter first to try to get him to stop.  She warned him and he persisted. 

Yes, as a parent, I consider my children and the impact it will have on them. But you can be sure as hell that if my husband emotionally abused me or threatened me or my children with physical harm, I would be out of there and filing charges. It isn't in the child's best interest to see their mom treated that way. I also don't buy the whole 'well Bethenny's behavior caused it." If I'm going to hold a kindergartner responsible for their actions then I'm sure as heck going to hold Hoppy responsible for his. 

• Love 5

Oh, random other point I wanted to make as well.  This past week, People has had a ton of articles about Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck and how Ben is apparently now dating someone and how is Jen coping with that?  From the articles, I have learned that supposedly, Ben and this new person were dating years ago while Ben and Jen were still happily married, and also that this is very hard for Jen and further, she is staying strong and doing whatever has to be done for the kids.  Where does all of this info come from?  Various "sources close to" and "friends of" Jennifer Garner.  I never see anyone up in arms when these things are said about anyone else, but, if it's someone in B's orbit, then it's some calculated campaign and she is evil for doing it.  I don't understand that.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, smores said:

Oh, random other point I wanted to make as well.  This past week, People has had a ton of articles about Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck and how Ben is apparently now dating someone and how is Jen coping with that?  From the articles, I have learned that supposedly, Ben and this new person were dating years ago while Ben and Jen were still happily married, and also that this is very hard for Jen and further, she is staying strong and doing whatever has to be done for the kids.  Where does all of this info come from?  Various "sources close to" and "friends of" Jennifer Garner.  I never see anyone up in arms when these things are said about anyone else, but, if it's someone in B's orbit, then it's some calculated campaign and she is evil for doing it.  I don't understand that.

Jen is a good example of someone who plays the press card very well.  She is very popular with the Minivan Majority (thank you, Lainey) and a large part is because of how well she plays the press game. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

When did she make a "promise"? 

She told her ex step father she would be bringing Bryn down to meet him when she was in Miami her first season back. She did not follow through. Then she told Andy/all of us that she was going to introduce her mother and she would invite her ex step father to Bryn at the reunion last season, again, nothing.

Actually, no. This isn't true. Maybe in fantasy land. Most parents believe that the kids need the other parent in their lives, but even that can be a killer to admit, and comes when tempers have cooled. The reality is that most folks in a contentious divorce believe that they are best capable of doing the child rearing. They do not think that the other parents time is equally important. The very idea that Bethenny is criticized for thinking what almost every divorced person believes, at least during the initial really hard years, is one of the things that continues to stun. 

I disagree. Most parents realize that it is in their child(rens) best interest to have good relationships with the other parent (unless abuse was involved). They may not like it, but most are willing to put the children's needs before their own. Seriously, why punish your child because you want a divorce?

1 hour ago, film noire said:

Well, it was Bethenny that threatened to take Bryn away from Jason, not the other way around though. If Jason were now threatening to take her away from Bethenny, she would be screaming that as loud as she could.

33 minutes ago, smores said:

Jason didn't "violate" anything! A C&D is not the same as a TRO/RO, it is not legally binding. 

• Love 4

"Your honor, back when we lived together, several years ago, she threw water on me, so now I have to harass and stalk her?"

I'm sure the judge will accept that lol

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That is a very interesting theory.  But is that the current statutory wording of the offense of stalking? The thing you linked gives a date of 1999.

I think it's cited 1999 because that's the year the law was overhauled -- this gives the same definition as current as of 2016:

https://www.lawserver.com/law/state/new-york/ny-laws/ny_penal_law_120-50

And this is list of all NY penal code laws, with the same info:

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article120.htm#p120.50

I think it's likelier I'm seeing zebras (instead of horses) and they upped the charges due to the "Three or more persons,  in three or more separate transactions" element you mentioned earlier (Bethenny, Dennis, her assistant doing Bryn's hand-off = 3) but that kidnapping charge caught my eye.

It seems odd that (at least from what I have looked up) that this doesn't seem to be part of the current law.  You would think it would still be illegal and show up as part of the offense of stalking somewhere.  Surely it is against the law to suggest you would kidnap a child. 

Well, I don't think he baldly stated (or even said anything like) "I will kidnap Bryn". I think he might have sent angry emails saying "You said I'd never see my daughter again -- but maybe you're the one who'll never see her, maybe you'll find out what it's like to lose your daughter" and if some variation of that is repeated in several emails, it can look like a threat (valid or otherwise) of grabbing Bryn and running.

4 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Now...I posted earlier about Beth filing the complaint and that it wasn't in the best interest of their daughter.  A number of posters disagreed with me.  Fine.  

The only issue I have with your suggestion of using civil litigation first is that until we see the emails, we won't know if you're a Solomon-smart mediator (civil as a warning, criminal if necessary) or if the emails were so genuinely worrisome, civil litigation would have just fed into his harassment (if that's what he was doing) of Frankel.

Either way, I'll drink pina coladas, eat nachos -- and bacon! --  with you all day long, Breezy; )

4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Well, it was Bethenny that threatened to take Bryn away from Jason, not the other way around though. If Jason were now threatening to take her away from Bethenny, she would be screaming that as loud as she could.

Yes, she did. But he might have not let go of her threat over the years, and answered it in a way that can be construed as removing Bryn from her life -- and even though Frankel may not have seen it that way, maybe the prosecutors do. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, BBHN said:

Besides the arrest?

Without his stalking and harassment, there wouldn't be a need for her to complain.

I also doubt her daughter is old enough to keep track of what is going on, unless Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon have suddenly had breaking news segments about the divorce and Jason's arrest. So I'm not sure what Bethenny's talking about the divorce makes it such an issue.

Apparently not in most intelligent or even possibly legal fashion, hence his ass getting arrested.

Nope. It started with someone stalking and harassing another person...and the person doing the stalking and harassing wasn't Jason.

So what? She deserves what she is getting because how dare she file for the divorce?

And so what? Carole isn't even relevant to this case.

Slow ?. This is fabulous.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I do think Bethenny loves Bryn but I think she hates Jason more. Bethenny never followed through on that promise, it was nothing more than a sympathy/support ploy for the reunion. She also never followed through with introducing her ex step father to Bryn either and she made that promise over 3 years ago now. 

We only have parts of emails he sent, they did not show the entire email. 

She could change up the exchange times/days (because she/Bryn travel a lot) which could/would effect his time with Bryn. 

You really think he'd allow that? No.  The court set that up. She works around Brynn's schedule. As her own boss,  she can do that. 

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She told her ex step father she would be bringing Bryn down to meet him when she was in Miami her first season back. She did not follow through. Then she told Andy/all of us that she was going to introduce her mother and she would invite her ex step father to Bryn at the reunion last season, again, nothing.

I know all of this. I was asking when she promised to do this, which is what was originally said. As I remember things, she told the stepfather she was thinking about bringing Bryn to meet him. That she hoped to do this and would like to. I don't remembering her making any promise to do so, and I certainly don't remember her promising anything to her mother (or to us). 

The thing is, Bethenny gets hammered away at for her language, for hyperbole, for exaggerations. I am not picking on you WW, but it happens all the time and is a major source of the irritation that some have for Bethenny. But if you read the comments about Bethenny sometimes, you will be shocked by the level of exaggerations that people use to describe her behavior or the things that she says. In all honesty, the most interesting part of this forum has actually become reading some of the comments and noting the gross exaggerations or in some cases what appear to be flat out lies when folks are talking about Bethenny and her tendency to exaggerate and lie. You could not make some of this stuff up if you tried. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree. Most parents realize that it is in their child(rens) best interest to have good relationships with the other parent (unless abuse was involved). They may not like it, but most are willing to put the children's needs before their own. Seriously, why punish your child because you want a divorce?

8 hours ago, film noire said:

I do agree that many parents feel that it is in the best interests of the child to have a good relationship with both parents, but that isn't what I was commenting on. I was commenting on the notion that most parents feel like the time the children spend with the other parent is as important as the time they spend with them.  That is very different from wanting the other parent in a child's life. Or put another way, that Bethenny should feel like the time that Bryn spends with Jason is as important and valuable as the time she spends with Bethenny. As I said, this would be a fantastic notion, but I have literally never seen this before in my life. They can both want the other in the child's life, think the other is important, but in my experience (which unfortunately is vast) they don't both laud the other parent as being equal in most cases. Usually one parent believes that they are the better parent. 

• Love 5

I know all of this. I was asking when she promised to do this, which is what was originally said. As I remember things, she told the stepfather she was thinking about bringing Bryn to meet him. That she hoped to do this and would like to. I don't remembering her making any promise to do so, and I certainly don't remember her promising anything to her mother (or to us). 

The thing is, Bethenny gets hammered away at for her language, for hyperbole, for exaggerations. I am not picking on you WW, but it happens all the time and is a major source of the irritation that some have for Bethenny. But if you read the comments about Bethenny sometimes, you will be shocked by the level of exaggerations that people use to describe her behavior or the things that she says. In all honesty, the most interesting part of this forum has actually become reading some of the comments and noting the gross exaggerations or in some cases what appear to be flat out lies when folks are talking about Bethenny and her tendency to exaggerate and lie. You could not make some of this stuff up if you tried. 

In neither instance did she say or infer that she was only thinking about it, she said she was going to bring Bryn with her the next time she came to Miami to introduce Bryn to her ex step father, it never happened. Then at the reunion last season, she said that she was going to introduce Bryn to her mother, that they had agreed to each having "their own truth" about her childhood and that she was arranging this to happen in the fall. The only thing she said "maybe" to was including her ex step father into this introduction with her mother. 

I do agree that many parents feel that it is in the best interests of the child to have a good relationship with both parents, but that isn't what I was commenting on. I was commenting on the notion that most parents feel like the time the children spend with the other parent is as important as the time they spend with them.  That is very different from wanting the other parent in a child's life. Or put another way, that Bethenny should feel like the time that Bryn spends with Jason is as important and valuable as the time she spends with Bethenny. As I said, this would be a fantastic notion, but I have literally never seen this before in my life. They can both want the other in the child's life, think the other is important, but in my experience (which unfortunately is vast) they don't both laud the other parent as being equal in most cases. Usually one parent believes that they are the better parent. 

Bethenny doesn't think Jason is important to Bryn at all, she doesn't think Bryn needs her father in her life, which was my point. I stand by what I said, that almost every divorced person I know puts their children's needs before their own, including acknowledging the other parents importance in their children's life.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

In neither instance did she say or infer that she was only thinking about it, she said she was going to bring Bryn with her the next time she came to Miami to introduce Bryn to her ex step father, it never happened. Then at the reunion last season, she said that she was going to introduce Bryn to her mother, that they had agreed to each having "their own truth" about her childhood and that she was arranging this to happen in the fall. The only thing she said "maybe" to was including her ex step father into this introduction with her mother. 

Bethenny doesn't think Jason is important to Bryn at all, she doesn't think Bryn needs her father in her life, which was my point. I stand by what I said, that almost every divorced person I know puts their children's needs before their own, including acknowledging the other parents importance in their children's life.

Ok, so no promise. That is what I thought and my point. 

This entire forum has become about how Bethenny exaggerates everything, even when folks are exaggerating what she says. Just cracks me up. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, smores said:

Jennifer Garner is not pleased with People Magazine:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/06/01/jennifer-garner-criticizes-people-magazine-over-cover-story/102376708/  I think she handled it beautifully.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Ok, so no promise. That is what I thought and my point. 

This entire forum has become about how Bethenny exaggerates everything, even when folks are exaggerating what she says. Just cracks me up. 

In all fairness there has been a considerable amount of posts claiming Bethenny exaggerating is okay as the posters themselves speak in exaggerated terms. 

Bethenny did want to do some team building with her family-she said it.  She said, "I have no one."  I thought it was introspective of her to realize she has to stop cutting people out of her life.  Granted her family is annoying as all get out and they are disreputable according to Bethenny.  It is a lesson learned in life-you can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives.  Once she made a baby with Jason he became connected to her for all time.  Granted it takes patience and give and take to be around these people.  The only thing that bothers me is Bethenny both with her step-father and her phone call to her mother does this "let's set history straight", I would think they should build forward and leave the past in the past.  Also keep it off TV and radio. 

• Love 4

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

• Love 1

I guess Monday will be the next installment in the People vs. Jason Hoppy fandango.  I did read it is a motion only appearance.  Time will tell.

Wow, really?  So they will extend the restraining order.  And now school starts and he is not allowed at the school.  So he will need to make arrangements for a drop off and a pick up every week at school?  I bet Bethenny hopes he drags this out forever.  She is getting the best end of this.

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, QuinnM said:

Wow, really?  So they will extend the restraining order.  And now school starts and he is not allowed at the school.  So he will need to make arrangements for a drop off and a pick up every week at school?  I bet Bethenny hopes he drags this out forever.  She is getting the best end of this.

We don't know if there has been a modification in the restraining order.  After each appearance the Court seems to indicate the restraining order is in effect as to Bethenny. 

I have always thought short of a school performance there is never a need for both parents to be at school at the same time. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Griftma: Bryn tell Floppaw we're ready for dinner.

Bryn: where is he now?

Griftma: Oh, he's outside aerating his injury

Bryn: Ahhhhhhh, my eyes, my eyes!

South_Park_showed_what_would-a57cd15b4ae

House of Hoppy strikes again.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

We don't know if there has been a modification in the restraining order.  After each appearance the Court seems to indicate the restraining order is in effect as to Bethenny. 

I have always thought short of a school performance there is never a need for both parents to be at school at the same time. 

Yeah.  When did the restraining order extend to school?  Maybe I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Yeah.  When did the restraining order extend to school?  Maybe I'm wrong.

From what I've read, the restraining order extended to the school from the very beginning. I don't know if it was because the incident took place at the school or if it was requested by the school (it has never been specified). 

Just googled and double-checked.  Yep, it has covered the school since it was initially issued. It covers Bethenny's residence and workplace plus the school. 

• Love 4

The restraining order was extended the last court appearance.  The assumption was that it would end before the criminal action was resolved.  So I figured if Monday was a motion only hearing then they would extend it again.  This would put it into the school term.  That makes it difficult for Jason.  Even if Bethenny isn't anywhere near the school, Jason can't be there.  So no dropping Brynn off with her lunch and a hug, etc.  I would think that if for no other reason Jason would want this to finish up.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

The restraining order was extended the last court appearance.  The assumption was that it would end before the criminal action was resolved.  So I figured if Monday was a motion only hearing then they would extend it again.  This would put it into the school term.  That makes it difficult for Jason.  Even if Bethenny isn't anywhere near the school, Jason can't be there.  So no dropping Brynn off with her lunch and a hug, etc.  I would think that if for no other reason Jason would want this to finish up.

I would not assume that Jason was in hurry up mode since the plea offer had the restraining order becoming permanent.  I believe that is the reason Jason did not take the plea.  That is why I am surmising there may have been a modification in the order where he is restrained from Bethenny but is allowed to accompany the child to the school but not go on campus.    Another thought is he might have someone who regularly picks up and drops off the child since has a job.  I don't want to get into a nanny vs. babysitter discussion, but I would think Jason's job would preclude him from be available every day.  Maybe even another parent?  There have been photos of Jason, Bryn and a little friend of hers leaving the school. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I would not assume that Jason was in hurry up mode since the plea offer had the restraining order becoming permanent.  I believe that is the reason Jason did not take the plea.  That is why I am surmising there may have been a modification in the order where he is restrained from Bethenny but is allowed to accompany the child to the school but not go on campus.    Another thought is he might have someone who regularly picks up and drops off the child since has a job.  I don't want to get into a nanny vs. babysitter discussion, but I would think Jason's job would preclude him from be available every day.  Maybe even another parent?  There have been photos of Jason, Bryn and a little friend of hers leaving the school. 

If it is like most restraining orders, he can go up to a certain point but anything after that is in violation of the restraining order. So, it sounds like he can go up to the line of school property but not actually on it. Now whether or not that includes the sidewalk in front of the school (which is technically public property) is unknown.  Sometimes they will state things like within 200 feet of ____ to include public spaces. 

• Love 6

I still can't find anything that states that Jason isn't allowed at Bryn's school or being on the property.  The only thing I found was that Jason wasn't allowed at Beth's school.  That doesn't even make sense.  Beth goes to school?  Beth owns a school?  What I did find is that apparently he has to keep a certain distance away from Beth and interacting with her.

Bottom line for me the restraining order was about him and Beth.  Not about him dropping his daughter off at school.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't find anything.

Edited to add if Jason was not allowed on school premises, wouldn't the school have to request a restraining order?  As far as I know, they didn't.  Again, the RO was about him not being allowed near Beth.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

I still can't find anything that states that Jason isn't allowed at Bryn's school or being on the property.  The only thing I found was that Jason wasn't allowed at Beth's school.  That doesn't even make sense.  Beth goes to school?  Beth owns a school?  What I did find is that apparently he has to keep a certain distance away from Beth and interacting with her.

Bottom line for me the restraining order was about him and Beth.  Not about him dropping his daughter off at school.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't find anything.

Edited to add if Jason was not allowed on school premises, wouldn't the school have to request a restraining order?  As far as I know, they didn't.  Again, the RO was about him not being allowed near Beth.

There is a tremendous amount of misreporting that goes on.  I guess we will find out Tuesday whether or not if it is a motion hearing or a trial. 

I am guessing that Jason can drop off and pick up the child when he has custody and is barred from being at the school on days he does not have custody. 

I don't know if the school was ever a complaining party in the incident.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

There is a tremendous amount of misreporting that goes on.  I guess we will find out Tuesday whether or not if it is a motion hearing or a trial. 

I am guessing that Jason can drop off and pick up the child when he has custody and is barred from being at the school on days he does not have custody. 

I don't know if the school was ever a complaining party in the incident.

As far as what I know they weren't ( the school).  The RO is about him being within a certain distant with Beth.  So on the days Beth has custody, Jason can't be at the school when Beth is dropping or picking her up.  If there's a recital when he has custody, he has every right to be there unless the custody agreement says otherwise.   We don't know what the custody agreement says.

I don't know of the the school was ever a complaining party and I would assume, if they were, that would be a separate complaint.   Since we haven't heard anything about it, the school never filed a complaint. 

• Love 1

Replying to adding a charge from the DA.  This just happened to me but it was the attorney general's office that just added another charge for me.  I had filed a complaint against the state (my employer).  After 6 months of taped sessions and seeing the charges they are filing for me, I got a call to come in again.  The AG's office found something else and wanted to know if I wanted to file this new charge also.  It was all in the paperwork I had given them 6 months ago but we never really discussed it because I didn't think it important. 

4 hours ago, breezy424 said:

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/02/01/bethanney-frankel-files-restraining-order-against-real-housewives-ex-jason-hoppy/

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/02/bethenny-frankel-granted-restraining-order-against-jason-hoppy/

https://www.realmrhousewife.com/2017/02/01/bethenny-frankel-restraining-order-against-jason-granted/

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankels-ex-husband-jason-hoppy-arrested-w464142

• Love 2
1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

Has anyone posted in an article a copy of the restraining order or is this info coming from an "unknown source" again? I ask because no one seems to say where they got the restraining order info other than TMZ (all roads lead back to them in the links you posted) and they do not say where they got their info.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Has anyone posted in an article a copy of the restraining order or is this info coming from an "unknown source" again? I ask because no one seems to say where they got the restraining order info other than TMZ (all roads lead back to them in the links you posted) and they do not say where they got their info.

I don't believe the restraining order is public. I'm not even sure if it would be subject to a FOIA request. 

3 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I don't believe the restraining order is public. I'm not even sure if it would be subject to a FOIA request. 

I didn't think so , which is why I am asking how they, TMZ, knows what is in it. Someone from the courts, the police or Bethenny's team must be the source and if it is someone from Bethenny's team, then I question the school part. I can't see the school or the courts saying that Jason can't drop off/pick up Bryn on his days with her. 

• Love 1
Just now, WireWrap said:

I didn't think so , which is why I am asking how they, TMZ, knows what is in it. Someone from the courts, the police or Bethenny's team must be the source and if it is someone from Bethenny's team, then I question the school part. I can't see the school or the courts saying that Jason can't drop off/pick up Bryn on his days with her. 

I'm not sure I would see them lying about something so easily proven false.  If it was false then you would see pictures of Hoppy picking up Bryn at school.  We've seen them in the past. 

• Love 6

I'm not sure I would see them lying about something so easily proven false.  If it was false then you would see pictures of Hoppy picking up Bryn at school.  We've seen them in the past. 

Exactly.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Exactly.

IMO, the biggest news in the RO is the fact that he has to stay away from the school. Hardly shocking that it would include Beth's residence or her business, but Bryn's school? That was the big reveal. Were it not true, surely we would see him taking her to school just to show it wasn't true? I realize that some think he is just completely uninterested in doing anything to ever clear his name because he is just a great guy who doesn't want to bring any publicity to himself. But damn, the dude would have to want to counter the narrative that he was not allowed at the school if it were coming from Beth or her camp and it was not true. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Wouldn't the school have to request a RO themselves and that would have been reported. Bethenny isn't supposed to be at the school to see Bryn when Jason has her and visa versa, so there isn't any reason to ban him from dropping her off or picking Bryn up, none! I don't believe he was banned from the school other than he can't attend any event that Bethenny attends, including school events. 

• Love 1