Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

Mark p was in an ep of northern exposure 5th or 6th season. He was so YOUNG it took me a while to figure out who I was looking at. He used a German accent and fixed Maurice's grandfather clock. Must have been 20 years old or younger.

Yep that was him. I kept debating whether it was him or a baby Tripp (of star trek) but the credits proved it was Mark. I borrowed the DVDs from the library. I dont know if show us streaming anywhere.

6 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I am re-watching 'How I Met Your Mother'.  Ted went out on a date with a horrible woman, who looked really familiar.  I looked up the cast on IMDB.  She was the actress who played Kelly Kline. 

Courtney Ford? Wasn't a fan of her on SPN but she had a long stint on Legends of Tomorrow, acting opposite her real life husbamd and I grew to really like her there.

Season 1, episode 9.  Doogie Howser, MD. 'She Ain't Heavy, She's My Cousin'.  

A tall bleached blond character is picking on the main characters.  I was only partially watching - surfing the net at the same time.  Then I look again.  Is that a bleached blond, 1989 version of Mark Pellegrino? I rewound then looked it up on IMDB.  He almost had a mullet going.  

I never realized Mark was that tall, but maybe he only looked really tall because the main characters aren't that tall. 

1 hour ago, Commando Cody said:

Season 1, episode 9.  Doogie Howser, MD. 'She Ain't Heavy, She's My Cousin'.  

A tall bleached blond character is picking on the main characters.  I was only partially watching - surfing the net at the same time.  Then I look again.  Is that a bleached blond, 1989 version of Mark Pellegrino? I rewound then looked it up on IMDB.  He almost had a mullet going.  

I never realized Mark was that tall, but maybe he only looked really tall because the main characters aren't that tall. 

I used to love Doogie.  I vaguely remember that ep, but, not of course that MP was in it.

According to IMDB, he's 6'1.  

(edited)

Kendrick Sampson, who played Max Banes (one of the witch twins) in two episodes is starring in a Hallmark channel movie titled "Fashionably Yours".  Here's a visual reminder:sampson-kendrick-image.jpg

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 3

Started watching a Norwegian drama set in Stavanger 1969 about the start of the oil business in Norway on BBC4 (in the UK). This is of particular interest to me as my mother was from Stavanger and I have lots of family there.  Who should be one of the main characters with a slightly dodgy American accent but Adam Fergus.  Really glad to see he obviously gets good work outside Supernatural.

• Love 1

I happened across this trailer for an upcoming movie and the name Sierra McCormick jumped out at me... I remembered that she's the actress who played little blond Lilith in "No Rest for the Wicked" and "Yellow Fever". 

tenor.gif?itemid=4862836

Here's a link to the trailer; Sierra is 22 now and I wouldn't have recognized her w/o seeing the name.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Bingeing Little Fires Everywhere  this weekend and  Alona Tal (Jo) is in episode 6 in a small role. I don't think I have ever seen her in anything besides SPN,

She was a recurring character on Veronica Mars.

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Bingeing Little Fires Everywhere  this weekend and  Alona Tal (Jo) is in episode 6 in a small role. I don't think I have ever seen her in anything besides SPN,

I saw her in an episode of Cold Case and an episode of Leverage.

22 hours ago, Katy M said:

I saw her in an episode of Cold Case and an episode of Leverage.

Weird.  I have watched Leverage - I don't know how many times.  I do not remember her.  Maybe she's in one of the episodes I skip.  

Just now, Commando Cody said:

Weird.  I have watched Leverage - I don't know how many times.  I do not remember her.  Maybe she's in one of the episodes I skip.  

It's the country music one with John Schneider as the bad guy and Christian Kane sings, if that helps.

3 hours ago, Katy M said:

It's the country music one with John Schneider as the bad guy and Christian Kane sings, if that helps.

That makes sense.  I thought the episode was so bad, that I refuse to watch it.  It's the only episode of Leverage that I won't watch. 

I was watching 'Dead Like Me' for the, I don't know how many, time.  Second season "Ghost Story" episode and I thought I heard a voice I recognized.  I looked up and it was The Golum.  The funny thing was, the character sitting with him said something like "I love real man of letters".  

While I was scrolling IMDB to see if it was actually him, I noticed that the actor has been 4 different characters, on 'Supernatural', over the years.  

9 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I have reached mid season 3 of "Smallville".   This show must have been filmed in Vancouver.  There has been a 'Supernatural' guest cast member in almost every episode.  Or, at least it seems that way.  

It was Vancouver-based though I believe they moved production to Cali for the last 2 Seasons? Not sure.

I did a LOST rewatch this week and was surprised to find that Mark P had been on it. I actually liked him in this role. Here's a funny deleted scene with him and his archnemesis.

I also liked him in 13 Reasons.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Res said:

I did a LOST rewatch this week and was surprised to find that Mark P had been on it. I actually liked him in this role. Here's a funny deleted scene with him and his archnemesis.

I also liked him in 13 Reasons.

Thanks for that deleted scene! I just finished a Lost rewatch myself this week. 🙂 It funny to see someone who played a bad guy in one show then play someone good in another. I've been watching Criminal Minds recently, and Nick Chinlund, who played Donnie Pfaster in an early, super creepy X-Files episode, was in it. He played a good guy (as in decent human being), and I kept expecting him to turn into some sinister force. He didn't. 

1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Just saw the actress who was the crossroad demon in "Crossroad Blues", playing the proud owner of a GM luxury vehicle.  

So, that's what they give the CRD who makes the  most soul deals in a quarter.  Good to know.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2020 at 6:16 PM, patty1h said:

Just saw the actress who was the crossroad demon in "Crossroad Blues", playing the proud owner of a GM luxury vehicle.  

I think there were two crossroad demons in that episode.  Was it the demon with Robert Johnson or the demon with Dean?

My other question is, how do you spot these actors?  They had about five minutes of screen time and they were on the show 15 years ago. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

My other question is, how do you spot these actors?  They had about five minutes of screen time and they were on the show 15 years ago. 

I can't speak for others but, my excuse is multiple re-watches, especially lately during Madness of Corona.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, trudysmom said:

I can't speak for others but, my excuse is multiple re-watches, especially lately during Madness of Corona.

I get that.  The actors are also 15 years older.  People can change quite a bit in that amount of time. 

I got to the end of season 6 of 'Smallville'.  There was a little boy in the episode.  I thought it was Todd - as in "Kneel before Todd!".  I thought it would be funny if they hired the same kid, because of the whole Smallville thing, he got the super strength and Kneel before Todd line.  I looked up the kid on IMDB.  I was wrong.  It was the kid who played Even in "Everybody Loves A Clown".  I can't even tell the kids apart.  

8 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I think there were two crossroad demons in that episode.  Was it the demon with Robert Johnson or the demon with Dean?

The actress was the demon who spoke with Dean and taunted him with the info that John was suffering in hell.  Ouch.  For your second question, the answer is numerous re-watches, plus, that the actress was/is striking and beautiful and did such a good job with the role that it made an impact and made her hard to forget (for me, anyway).

• Love 1
12 hours ago, bethy said:

Watching Captain Marvel and randomly noticed that Colin Ford (young Sam) is in it. He’ll be 24 in September.

I mean, whaaaaat?!

This is Sierra McCormick - young Lilith. She'll be 23. Damn.

sierra.JPG

• Love 4

Talking about Jensen in Dark Angel.... I have to say, EVERYTHING said and read about the BTS seems seriously bad.

From what I understand (especially listening to the commentary) plus TWOP board old comments:
- There were definitely two "camps" on the show.  Those who wanted Jensen's role leveraged and those who saw him as a threat to Michael Wetherly.
- I used to try to take some of the shitty things said about MW (counting lines, insisting he get power legs....) with a grain of salt and THEN HE HARASSED Eliza Dushku on his show "Bull". The details that came out after that said to me MW is a freaking PREDATOR.  
- Now add James Cameron - who was clearly OBSESSED with Jessica Alba. They took and objectified teen and from what I can tell, created a bit of a monster.  Of course MW swooped in and got engaged to her. She was 19 and he was THIRTY-TWO.  And Cameron is like Whedon - portrays strong women but has no real respect for them. 
- So Jensen had a really rough time of it, from what I can tell.  Pettiness all over the place, with writers and some producers recognizing his talent and that spurring MW and Jessica Alba to be obnoxious to him.
- Now add James Cameron coming in and rewriting the finale to shape things according to HIS obsession (with MW's character as his 'avatar').

A massive lesson for Jensen on how NOT to run a show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I think in the commentary for one of the seasons for DA, the women who chose Jensen to play Ben (Alec's twin in season one) basically gushed over how great his audition was for that role and that they may have advocated to bring him back. It's been a long time since I heard that, so I may not have it exactly right. And I think I read that either Jessica or Michael Weatherly actually apologized to Jensen for the way they treated him while he was on the show. But again, it's been a long time. 🙂 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, bethy said:

And I think I read that either Jessica or Michael Weatherly actually apologized to Jensen for the way they treated him while he was on the show. But again, it's been a long time. 🙂 

I've just begun watching DA and I was curious about what I've heard about the animosity behind the scenes. I saw on DA Wiki that Michael Weatherly tweeted that his character on NCIS was inspired by Alec on DA and that Jensen Ackles was "killing it on CW Supernatural". I didn't see anything about Jessica Alba and Jensen but I did see that she didn't know why she thought that marrying MW would be a good idea because he was so much older than she was.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Talking about Jensen in Dark Angel.... I have to say, EVERYTHING said and read about the BTS seems seriously bad.

That's not even the half of it if that old post I read on TWOP was true.  It was from someone who claimed to work on set. 

The actress playing Kendra (I think that was her name) was let go because she was snorting coke.

Weatherly and Alba were rumored to constantly delay production becasue they were were having sex. 

MW was apparently jealous that Alec got an episode devoted to his past and Logan didn't. 

There was even rumors that if there had been a season 3, they were going to dirty up Alec's character by making him a traitor to the transgenics. 

Jensen had it rough. 

47 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I didn't see anything about Jessica Alba

I think it was at a con (but don't quote me on that) Jensen said that Jessica reached out to him and apologized.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I've just begun watching DA and I was curious about what I've heard about the animosity behind the scenes. I saw on DA Wiki that Michael Weatherly tweeted that his character on NCIS was inspired by Alec on DA and that Jensen Ackles was "killing it on CW Supernatural". I didn't see anything about Jessica Alba and Jensen but I did see that she didn't know why she thought that marrying MW would be a good idea because he was so much older than she was.

I think Michael Weatherly apologized, too. I'm not sure if he did to Jensen personally but he later said he was ashamed of how he acted on that set. And while it was no excuse, he was going though sonething with his family at the time that made him act out.

Meanwhile Alba was only 19 at the time and said she was very lonely on that set which is why she and Weatherly became unheathily attached very quickly.

Jensen once shared a story how during production of Season 2, his grandfather died and she came to his trailer to say sorry and she was a tad nicer to him after that.

Still, that set must have been a mess. And the writers loved Alec and resented the Alba/Weatherly shenanigans. That Season 2 plot about their characters unable to touch was specifically written in to stick it to them.

I think Weatherly worked best on NCIS because, for good or ill, everyone has to submit to Mark Harmon on that set. His ego runs that show. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 8/1/2020 at 5:58 PM, bethy said:

I think in the commentary for one of the seasons for DA, the women who chose Jensen to play Ben (Alec's twin in season one) basically gushed over how great his audition was for that role and that they may have advocated to bring him back. It's been a long time since I heard that, so I may not have it exactly right. And I think I read that either Jessica or Michael Weatherly actually apologized to Jensen for the way they treated him while he was on the show. But again, it's been a long time. 🙂 

I was watching a con on YouTube with Jensen and Jared.  I didn't start watching SP until season 4 so it had to be either 4th or 5th season.  I didn't know anything about DA.  Jensen at first refused to answer the questions about Jessica.  Then one time he said that he and Jessica had talked and she had apologized.  So it was all good.  Reading between the lines it was clear that he had a terrible time on the set and was still keeping his mouth shut unless he could say something positive.  It does make me respect Jensen for it. 

When I got interested in past shows Jensen had done, I found several times where someone was pulling for Jensen to be in their show.  One went to Eric Christian Olsen.  And the person that had wanted him on that show went to another and then got him on as a guess star.  Jensen, gets the respect to his talent and personality.  Who wouldn't want to work with someone that shows you respect?  Yes, he acts silly, but I've yet to see a really negative post about him on his work ethics and talent.

Alba was 19, and she got better when she was acting with Jensen.  Why, because he's good and pulls her up.  It's a shame what happened on DA because the show was more interesting when Alec was a strong character.  

21 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

And the writers loved Alec and resented the Alba/Weatherly shenanigans. That Season 2 plot about their characters unable to touch was specifically written in to stick it to them.

I do find it funny if that is the reason they wrote that they couldn't touch.  Pretty good way to get back at the leads.  I'm also not surprised that their relationship didn't last.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I've been watching LA Heat, it has Steven Williams aka Rufus.  Some very interesting storylines that would be current today.  It isn't a great show.  But the big difference, most of the actors are white.  Very few of color and the stereotypes, sheesh.  I find myself really drawn to William's character.  I had forgotten that he had been on 21 JumpStreet, which I did watch.  He may be underrated as an actor.  Every character he does, is different.

I have reached season 10 of Smallville.  I only note this because the episode called "Harvest", that I just watched, is so similar to "Scarecrow".  People in the crowd were walking around in scarecrow head wear.  It was more or less the same concept.

Madge, the lady god from the Christmas episode was in this.  Also the guy who played the Ruguru hunter.  I knew he looked familiar.  I looked him up on IMDB just to make sure it wasn't him in the "Scarecrow" episode. 

• Love 1