Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 3/6/2018 at 1:55 PM, tv echo said:

Guess what's coming to CW Seed?...

Catch Jim Beaver and Katie Cassidy in Harper’s Island right now!
by Alexandria Ingham   March 5, 2018
https://spnhunters.com/2018/03/05/catch-jim-beaver-katie-cassidy-harpers-island-right-now/

I really liked that Show. I still remember the horrible deaths of KC's Character Abby and heartbreaking deaths of Cal and Chloe but I loved them. 

Edited by jay741982

Why Love, Simon Pulled Director Greg Berlanti Away from Riverdale
by NICOLE SPERLING   MARCH 9, 2018 10:04 AM
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/03/greg-berlanti-director-of-love-simon-and-tv-super-producer

Love, Simon marks the first time a studio, 20th Century Fox, has released a gay teenage romance wide across the country—2,400 theaters to be exact. (In 1997, Paramount Pictures released the In & Out, which stared Kevin Kline as its adult protagonist, in 2,452 theaters at its widest release.) The film stars an of-the-moment cast of up-and-coming actors including 13 Reasons Why star Katherine Langford as well as Alexandra Shipp (Storm in the upcoming X-Men: Dark Phoenix), with teen heartthrob Nick Robinson (Jurassic World) in the title role of Simon Spier, a more handsome-than-average high-school teen who’s keeping his sexuality hidden from everyone. That it is being treated like any other wide release is notable. And that is precisely why Berlanti, the producer behind such beloved shows as Riverdale, The Flash, and Supergirl, upended his busy schedule to fly to Atlanta for a 30-day shoot last January, smack in the middle of pilot season.

“I read that script and I thought, O.K., I really believe I’m the only person that should do this,” said Berlanti, 45, dressed in jeans, T-shirt, a red baseball cap, and with a boyish demeanor that belies the 18 years he’s spent in Hollywood.

Edited by tv echo

Filming for ‘Anastasia’ movie will take place in Newport beginning March 12th
Written by Ryan Belmore, March 9, 2018
http://whatsupnewp.com/filming-for-anastasia-movie-will-take-place-in-newport-beginning-march-12th/

Steve Feinberg, Executive Director of the Rhode Island Film & Television Office, made the following announcement on Facebook today that filming would take place in Newport for Anastasia,  an upcoming “live-action fantasy-adventure based on the legend of the Russian Grand Duchess Anastasia Romanova”;

ANASTASIA FILMING IN NEWPORT, RHODE ISLAND

The high-concept feature film version stars Emily Carey (Wonder Woman), Amiah Miller (War for the Planet of the Apes) and Brandon Routh (Legends of Tomorrow, Superman). Blake Harris writes and directs.

Set in 1917, the family film follows Anastasia Romanov, who escapes through a portal when her family is threatened by Vladimir Lenin and finds herself in the year 1988, befriended by a young American girl. Emily Carey (Wonder Woman) stars as the title character and Amiah Miller (War for the Planet of the Apes) plays Megan. Routh will portray Czar Nicholas, the Czar of Russia and the father of Princess Anastasia. Production began last summer in Lexington, KY with the young stars filming the 1988 portion of the film.

Shooting on the 1917 portion of the film will commence in March 12, 2018 in Newport, Rhode Island. The original concept for the story hails from Harris and Armando Gutierrez, who are producers on the project along with Eli Lipnik, Peter Lees and Bret Jones.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

It's been awhile since I posted, the Cross-Over sorta burnt me on Flarrowverse and posting.... but I know people here enjoy Susanna Thompson...

I just finished watching the s2 premiere of Timeless and she was in the entire episode. It looks like she might be in more episodes, as her role is becoming more central to over-arcing plot/backstory.

I really enjoy the show and if you like ST, I think it's definitely worth trying the show out. It makes time travel and intrigue/conspiracy fun! Plus ST as a loving but slightly devious Mom is always a nice perk.

• Love 5

That reminds me, Joe Dinicol appeared in the latest episode of Blindspot, which was a Patterson-centric episode.  I have never been a big fan of Patterson, which is odd, I know, considering she's like the Felicity of that show. But something about Patterson just annoys me. Maybe it's the actress. However, I enjoyed Joe Dinicol's return to my TV screen.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, tv echo said:

That reminds me, Joe Dinicol appeared in the latest episode of Blindspot, which was a Patterson-centric episode.  I have never been a big fan of Patterson, which is odd, I know, considering she's like the Felicity of that show. But something about Patterson just annoys me. Maybe it's the actress. However, I enjoyed Joe Dinicol's return to my TV screen.

How?  I thought they killed his character on Blindspot before he was ever on Arrow?  (I was actually watching back then)

How Joe Dinicol appeared on Blindspot...

Spoiler

Patterson was serioulsy injured in an explosion and while she was unconscious, she had these dreams or hallucinations or whatever, in which past (deceased) lovers, friends and enemies appeared and helped her work through some emotional and analytical issues.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

So I was flipping channels and saw a promo for a Shadow Hunters on Freeform and it was Anna Hopkins aka Samantha.  She's now playing "The mother of all demons" and she swears "No one will stop me from bringing my boy back."

Watch out Oliver! 

• Love 4

'THE OATH' STAR KATRINA LAW COMES CLEAN ABOUT PLAYING A DIRTY COP
BY AUTUMN KELLY ON 3/14/18 AT 6:25 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/katrina-law-oath-crackle-cop-gangs-interview-845731

DC Comics fans know Katrina Law best from Arrow, where she has a recurring role as Nyssa al Ghul, the extremely skilled and perceptive daughter of League of Assassins leader Ra’s al Ghul. Law plays another ruthless character — Karen Beach, a member of a police gang—in a brand new series produced by 50 Cent on Crackle. The Oath is based on true events, and Law tells Newsweek her character has a real-life inspiration too.
Beach must attend sessions with a therapist to discuss her inclination toward brutality. Law says her character goes harder than the boys to be respected within the police force (and the gang). The therapist challenges Beach to recognize the toll adversity takes on her psyche as one of the only women in her unit. “Women only have two options in this type of world,” the therapist says. “You can try to get the men to see you as their equal or you can manipulate them, but either way, you never really win. That's how it feels.”

Law says the statement rings true to her, even outside of the context of the series. “It’s been proven time and time again, you see with the #MeToo movement, I think people are fighting to get seen as equals and be taken out of the sex object realm of the world to be respected for their minds and talent. Sexual harassment is relevant everywhere, so you can either use that to your advantage or rebel against it.”

The depth of her character, coupled with the exploration of how these cops negotiate the contradictions of being both a public servant and a member of a gang, is what turned Law onto the role. “Joe [Halpin] hired female writers who have been in the industry for a while to give this voice to Karen and to make sure she was well represented and not treated as a woman, but just another man who happens to have a storyline as a woman,” Law said. “The cool thing about the show is you never see us actually working.”

Edited by tv echo
11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Carly Pope was on last night's episode of Blindspot, playing a rogue CIA agent. Her acting has not improved.

Oh yay someone else who thinks she can't act!

This NOT because of S5 Arrow! I saw her on Suits first and stopped watching because Louis was one of the only characters I liked and she was his LI and I could not stand her!

Then she went to Arrow as the Olicity stall! Aiiiiiiiii

9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Oh yay someone else who thinks she can't act!

This NOT because of S5 Arrow! I saw her on Suits first and stopped watching because Louis was one of the only characters I liked and she was his LI and I could not stand her!

Then she went to Arrow as the Olicity stall! Aiiiiiiiii

If it helps, she and Louis did NOT last.  Though as much as I would like it to be, it wasn't really her fault, lol.  

Did you know that Ben Browder appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 as the Sovereign Admiral? James Gunn apparently loved Farscape (you can see that show's influence on GotG) - here's Gunn's instagram post...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

The 2018 SIFF award winners
LORNA SHERIDAN March 26, 2018
http://www.sonomanews.com/entertainment/8155961-181/the-2018-siff-award-winners?sba=AAS

It’ a wrap for the 21st annual Sonoma International Film Festival. Thousands of moviegoers watched hundreds of movies, ate and drank, shopped the Plaza and enjoyed talking films.

The juried competition winners were revealed at an awards ceremony on Saturday night and the audience award winners were announced on Sunday evening.
The Stolman Audience Award for Best American Indie: FUNNY STORY / Directed by Michael Gallagher
SIFF 2018 offered an wide lineup of American Indies, as well as international films from Europe, South America and Asia. In total 115 from around the world and 200 filmmakers from 28 countries, were showcased from March 21 to March 25. The inaugural “Chefs & Shorts” dinner, done in partnership with the DEVOUR! Food & Film Festival of Nova Scotia, included celebrated Michelin chefs who paired their delicious dishes with short films.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7

FYI, Rick Gonzalez also has a rap music career...

Actor Rick Gonzalez aka 'Realm Reality' Gets Taken Under Prodigy's Wings
Published on Feb 17, 2013, by Thisis50

#MusicMonday: Dirt Disciples – ‘Stand for Something’ (Album Stream)
Evie Blancoon   March 26, 2018
http://respect-mag.com/2018/03/musicmonday-dirt-disciples-stand-for-something-album-stream/

In addition to Chaundon, Stand For Something includes guest features from Skyzoo, Rick Gonzalez (f/k/a Realm Reality), DJ Eclipse, and AC on Demand, among others. The ten track LP is available now through all major digital retailers and streaming platforms via Crisis Center Collective, and can be streamed in its entirety right here, courtesy of RESPECT. 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

‘Sacred Lies’: Toby Huss Cast As Series Regular, Katrina Law & Leah Gibson To Recur on Facebook Drama Series
by Denise Petski   April 2, 2018
http://deadline.com/2018/04/sacred-lies-toby-huss-cast-series-regular-katrina-law-leah-gibson-recur-facebook-drama-series-1202356969/

Halt and Catch Fire alum Toby Huss has been cast as a series regular and The Oath‘s Katrina Law and Leah Gibson are set for major recurring roles in Sacred Lies (working title), a half-hour drama, that has been given a 10-episode series order by Facebook Watch. The series hails from indie studio Blumhouse Television and is created and executive produced by Raelle Tucker (True Blood) and Scott Winant, who directs.

Based on the classic Grimm Brothers tale The Handless Maiden and Stephanie Oakes’ novel The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly, and adapted and updated by Tucker, Sacred Lies is about a handless teen who escapes from a cult and finds herself in juvenile detention, suspected of knowing who killed her cult leader.

Huss will play the Prophet. Law will portray Miss Bailey and Gibson is Vivienne.
Law currently stars as Officer Karen Beach in Sony Crackle’s  crime drama The Oath and can be seen as Nyssa Al Ghul in The CW’s Arrow. She also starred as Detective Rebecca Lee in CBS’ Training Day and Mira in Starz’s Spartacus: War of the Damned. Her film credits include indie features Apparition, Death Valley and Zeroes. She’s repped by Innovative Artists and Joel Stevens Entertainment.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'Arrow' Alum Colin Salmon Comes to 'Krypton'
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 4, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/05/arrow-alum-colin-salmon-comes-to-krypton/

During tonight's episode of Krypton, "The Rankless Initiative," the Kryptonian military guild introduced audiences to two new characters -- and one of them is played by Arrow's Colin Salmon.

Salmon, who played Walter Steele on Arrow, is playing a Black Zero terrorist seen in hologram form during tonight's episode. He may or may not be Black Zero leader Jax-Ur, who Primus Jayna Zod names, and says that there is no credible photograph of in their files.

So far in the series, little is known about Black Zero. The main antagonists of the corrupt theocracy run by the Voice of Rao, the group are hardly the hope-fueled revolutionaries promised by Seg-El's opening monologue in the pilot. Instead, as has been rightly pointed out by Daron Vex, the terrorist who made an attempt on the life of the Voice of Rao in the pilot was just one of a number of attackers, many of whom have targeted civilian targets.
colin-salmon-krypton-1099456.jpeg

We do not know who actually serves Black Zero, only that their group was used as a cover for the actual activities that Seg's parents undertook to protect the Fortress of Solitude.
Besides his time on Arrow, Salmon is best known to genre fans as an actor recognizable from movies like Alien vs. Predator, Resident Evil, and The World is Not Enough. Recently, he appeared in 24: Live Another Day and the Ryan Reynolds/Gal Gadot movie Criminal.

Edited by tv echo

KC's movie, Cover Versions, was released digitally this week...

New DVD, Blu-ray and digital release highlights for the week of April 8, 2018
by Ryan Painter   Wednesday, April 11th 2018
http://kutv.com/news/entertainment/new-dvd-blu-ray-and-digital-release-highlights-for-the-week-of-april-8-2018

DSxOLZB.png

This week’s Digitial releases include the rather good “12 Strong,” a film starring Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon and William Fichtner that tells the story of the first Army Special Forces unit that was sent into Afghanistan following the terrorist attacks of 9/11; “Cover Versions,” a thriller that finds four members of a band recounting a night of sex, drugs and murder, but their versions don’t line up; “Forever My Girl,” a romantic drama that sees a successful country musician return to his hometown in hopes of winning over his former girlfriend; and “Maze Runner: Death Cure,” the final installment in the cinematic trilogy that finds Thomas (Dylan O’Brien) leading a group into the last city in hopes of discovering the motives behind putting them into the maze in the first place. 

Edited by tv echo

There was more to this interview, but I only quoted one portion...

Interview: John Barrowman gets up close and personal with Seth Rudetsky and the Leicester Square Theatre audience
by Admin on Thursday, 12 April, 2018
http://musicaltheatrereview.com/interview-john-barrowman-gets-up-close-and-personal-with-seth-rudetsky-and-the-leicester-square-theatre-audience/

Is there anything else in the pipeline that you can talk about?
Absolutely not! I don’t like to talk about things prior to them happening because if I say it and then something goes wrong and it doesn’t work I’m left with egg on my face. I tend not to talk about what’s coming up in the future. However, there are a few fun things that I have planned. It will be TV, possibly theatre, we’ve got new books coming out, we’re also in the middle of writing a big thing for Legendary Comics that might become television or film. They’re the people who just did Pacific Rim and King Kong. So yeah, there are a lot of things in the pipeline.  

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, jaye.elle said:

Has anyone else watched Axis yet? I was confused by 

Hide contents

the beginning - wasn't that a flash forward and then we went back in time? I'm sure I heard Caitlin's (EBR) voice on the phone and I didn't think she was dating him while he was using? But then the ending seemed like he was dead? So confused - that's what happens when you watch it late on Friday night! haha

Spoiler

No. The beginning was a flashback, all the other stuff was present time.

The Oath cast is featured on the cover of and inside this issue of Regard Mag - some gorgeous pics of KL (pages 190-203), plus a nice one-page interview with her (page 202, mostly talks about The Oath)...

• Love 1

Katie Cassidy shares tips for super financial confidence
By: Trinette Wright  Updated: Apr 27, 2018 07:34 AM EDT
http://www.wpri.com/rhode-show/katie-cassidy-shares-tips-for-super-financial-confidence/1143357687

To celebrate National Superhero Day (April 28) and instill financial confidence nationwide, Capital One has partnered with Katie Cassidy, who currently co-stars in CW’s ARROW and has a new movie coming out.

We spoke with Katie who introduced us to Capital One Cafés, a Superhero-Like Experience to give People Financial Confidence.

Edited by tv echo

The discussion board poster in me is cringing. But the former ad agency employee is thinking, that's pretty clever way to reach people who aren't interest in financial things and wouldn't be reached another way.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
(edited)

Greg Berlanti Options ‘Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue’ (EXCLUSIVE)
By Debra Birnbaum   May 4, 2018
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/greg-berlanti-gentlemans-guide-to-vice-and-virtue-option-1202799773/

Berlanti Productions has optioned the young adult novel “The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue,” by Mackenzi Lee, for Warner Bros TV, Variety has learned exclusively.

The book, which was published in June 2017 by HarperCollins, is an action adventure story set in the 17th century about a young bisexual British Lord who goes on a European adventure with his biracial best friend (whom he is in love with) and his sister. The novel earned rave reviews and landed on several “best of 2017” lists; a sequel “The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy,” is set to be published in October.

Berlanti is searching for a showrunner to oversee the project before shopping it around to networks.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

‘True Lies’ producer provides update on TV reboot
By Gregory Wakeman  May 07, 2018
https://www.metro.us/entertainment/tv/true-lies-tv-reboot-update

I recently had the chance to talk Mary Viola, who is working as an executive producer on the “True Lies” reboot, alongside producers McG, Marc Guggenheim and Cameron. Unfortunately Viola couldn’t say too much about the show, but she did insist that the series has “so much potential” and is such a great concept that it could “live on forever.”

“We’re developing that,” Viola responded when I brought up “True Lies.” “I wish I was allowed to talk about it. We are developing it. I think it is going to make a spectacular TV series.” 

“I have to be tight-lipped on that unfortunately. There’s so much potential. As a TV concept, that could live on forever. I am looking forward to that moving forward and us doing it well.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Writer’s Commentary – Marc Guggenheim Talks Swashbucklers: The Saga Continues #2
Posted by Dan Wickline May 7, 2018 
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05/07/guggenheim-washbucklers-2/

Dynamite has sent us a writer’s commentary from Marc Guggenheim taking a look at Swashbucklers: The Saga Continues #2. We’re told that this is Marc’s first ever writer’s commentary on a comic. The issue comes with a cover by series co-creator Butch Guice and has interiors by Andrea Mutti.
...  (Read more)

Edited by tv echo