Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

(edited)

Reborning – WAS AMAZING
JUNE 24TH, 2018 OLICITYSMOAKY 
http://olicitysmoaky.tumblr.com/post/175213647421/reborning-was-amazing

I went to see Reborning all by myself, and what a treat it was. I could see there were several Arrow fans in the audience but mostly it was local theater-goers, and that was awesome. This boldly passionate dark comedy was brought to life by Emily Bett Rickards who played Kelly, produced by Paul Piaskowski, who played Daizy, and directed by Lori Triolo, who played Emily.    

Seeing Emily Bett on stage in her element was a fierce life moment I’ll never forget. Not because I’m a huge fan but because of her pure talent and skill. First of all, the way she embodied a character that was so full of layers and nuance was beyond insane to see. Her timing was spot on. Her voice was uniquely this character and no one else. And three minutes in, I was already wishing I was able to bring friends to show them this performance. 

Knowing the cast only had two and a half weeks to prepare for this show made it even more impressive to observe what Emily Bett did with her part. Her character, Kelly, came from a very dark background–as a baby she was abandoned in the most awful away. She was a baby-doll-maker for a reason. She thought of herself as an artist but not at all. She had a boyfriend she loved but didn’t show it. She was well-off but lived in a screwed up way. She had a mother but no mother at all. She didn’t want to be a mother but…she was making dolls mostly for women who’d lost their children…and so much more. Wow!  
The way Emily Bett played off her two co-stars was also a delight to see. Working through emotions that went from sarcastic and avoidant to dark and disturbed to heated and passionate, Emily filled the stage every moment she was on it with her magnetizing presence. She knows how to use her body as a tool for acting while simultaneously digging from a deep inner-well of emotion to deliver the depth needed to pull such a complex character off. It was definitely worth it to see. I think as much as I love watching what she brings to Arrow, witnessing what she was able to do in live performance solidified what I already knew before–Emily Bett Rickards is a star-in-the-making. Her career is only just beginning. I can’t wait to see what she does with it!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Wasn't Code 8 funded by fans but they never sent out what was promised? Sounds about right.

The perks were sent out, just not in a timely fashion. Some of the autographs were smeared, etc.  The main excuse was they were having trouble getting together because of (at that time) RA’s upcoming wedding.

(edited)

22 Crazy Secrets About The Making Of Degrassi
BY MATTHEW GUIDA – ON JUN 28, 2018 IN LISTS
https://screenrant.com/degrassi-secrets-making-behind-scenes/

20 STEPHEN AMELL'S DEGRASSI CAMEO
Stephen-Amell-in-Degrassi.jpg?q=50&fit=c

Among the many roles Stephen Amell has played, the one that stands out the most is his role as Oliver Queen on Arrow. This role required Amell to undergo intense physical and mental preparation.

However, he was not always the lead of the Arrowverse. In terms of impact, none of Amell’s former roles come close to the one on Arrow. In some cases, many of his roles were so small that most people don’t even realize he was ever there. Degrassi: The Next Generation is one such case.

The only episode he appears in is "Ghost In The Machine Part 2".

He plays a frat boy who acts as the doorman for a party. His only form of interaction is a minor conversation with Paige. After that he never appears in the series again.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

The perks were sent out, just not in a timely fashion. Some of the autographs were smeared, etc.  The main excuse was they were having trouble getting together because of (at that time) RA’s upcoming wedding.

Well, at least they were sent. So that's something.

With this kind of thing there are no excuses at all though. That's just unprofessional, IMO. But then I get the impression that once they got everyone's money they stopped caring. 

• Love 3

I put some money into The Letter Carrier (Carlos Valdez, JLM) kickstarter as a present for a friend four years ago.  It was finished and released in 2016 and even submitted for awards. My friend still hasn't got her DVD or anything else to apologize for the delay.  (Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off.)

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

My friend still hasn't got her DVD or anything else to apologize for the delay. 

That sucks. Don't start a fundraiser if you can't fulfill what you've promised.

I did contribute $$ to Code 8 and got my hoodie on time. I will say it's the softest hoodie I've ever owned and if it was zip up instead of a pullover it would be perfect. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Colin Donnell can really sing! (This is an off-Broadway production at the New York City Center.)...

Please Bring The Encores! Off-Center Production of Songs For A New World To Broadway
Suzanna Bowling   June 30, 2018
http://t2conline.com/please-bring-the-encores-off-center-production-of-songs-for-a-new-world-to-broadway/

Encores! Off-Center kicks off its 2018 summer season with Jason Robert Brown’s Songs for a New World under the direction of Kate Whoriskey, with music direction by Tom Murray and choreography by Rennie Harris and they couldn’t have picked a better choice. This show was musical nirvana. I wish, I had been at the first performance, so I could have sent ever producer I know in town to see this brilliantly conceived and slightly updated version, because it is spectacular. Each song is a playlet in which the characters move through time and space to make a choice that defines what happens next. In a strange way two songs seem out of place. “The Flagmaker 1775” and “Christmas Lullaby” chronologically should be after “On the Deck of a Spanish Sailing Ship, 1492′, right in the beginning, but seriously that is just being picky.
The cast is perfection with Shoshana Bean (Wicked), Colin Donnell (“Arrow, Anything Goes”), Solea Pfeiffer (national tour of Hamilton) and Mykal Kilgore (Motown) creating complexed characters with the heightened thrill of powerful vocal chops.
Shoshana is the comedic diva with “Just One Step” about a Jewish wife who is trying to get her husbands attention. The overly done “Stars and the Moon”, she makes her own, “Surabaya-Santa”, the Kurt Weill parody where Mrs Claus sings about her neglectful husband. Are you starting to get the theme of this character? “The Flagmaker, 1775”, sews a flag to keep her hope alive, as her husband and son are fighting in the Revolutionary War. Donnell is the man who either loses his power, can not commit and then finally sees the errors of his ways. Pfeiffer is the soprano, who longs for more. I am so glad New York has caught on to how fabulous this girl is. I knew it when a friend sent me a rehearsal tape of West Side Story at the Hollywood Bowl. Kilgore knocks every song he sings out of the park, especially “Flying Home”to which a standing ovation and ten minute applause followed. I also like his jumping split that was rather astounding.
Performances for Songs for a New World were June 27th through June 30th.

Songs for a New World: June 27-30
Published on Jun 27, 2018, by NYCityCenter

Songs for a New World: Meet Colin Donnell
Published on Jun 28, 2018, by NYCityCenter

Watch Highlights From Songs for a New World at New York City Center
Published on Jun 27, 2018, by theatermania

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

9 famous faces you totally forgot were in The Walking Dead
BY MORGAN JEFFERY   4 JULY 2018
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-walking-dead/feature/a860860/walking-dead-cast-forgotten/

2. Juliana Harkavy
Before she was Dinah Drake / the Black Canary on Arrow, Harkavy played the character of Alisha in two back-to-back episodes from The Walking Dead's fourth season.

Alisha, an Army reservist and member of Caesar Martinez's camp, was actually Tara's first on-screen girlfriend. But after allying herself with the increasingly deranged Governor and being shot dead by child psychopath Lizzie Samuels she doesn't get so much as a passing mention these days.
3. Audrey Marie Anderson
Anderson actually appeared on The Walking Dead at the same time as her future Arrow co-star Harkavy.

Also introduced in the three-episode arc that rounded off the first half of season four, Anderson's character was Lilly Chambler, Tara's older sister who actually had a brief romantic relationship with the Governor.

Devastated by the death of her daughter Meghan, Lilly turned on her former lover in his final skirmish with Rick– she was the one who actually dispatched him, shooting the Guv in the head after he'd already been fatally stabbed by Michonne.

Unaware that Tara was still alive, Lilly believed her entire family was lost and committed suicide by allowing herself to be devoured by walkers.
4. Kirk Acevedo
Most recently seen portraying criminal mastermind Ricardo Diaz on Arrow (yep – another one!) Acevedo is one of those 'That Guy!' actors, having appeared in such notable TV series as Oz, Band of Brothers, Fringe and 12 Monkeys and movies including The Thin Red Line and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

He also appeared, funnily enough, in the same Governor mini-arc that featured Harkavy and Anderson. His character Mitch Dolgen was Philip Blake's brutal right-hand man, eventually offed by Daryl with an arrow to the heart.

1. Robin Lord Taylor
2. Juliana Harkavy
3. Audrey Marie Anderson
4. Kirk Acevedo

5. Enver Gjokaj
6. Keisha Castle-Hughes
7. Sam Witwer
8. Kyle Gallner
9. Michael Raymond-James

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Here is Jerry Wasserman's published review of Reborning...

THEATRE REVIEW - REBORNING
By Jerry Wasserman   JUNE 2018 | VOLUME 168
http://www.vancouverplays.com/review-reality-curve-theatre-reborning-18.shtml

Reborning is a verb referring to the creation of life-like dolls in the image of dead children. In Zayd Dohrn’s play of that title, Kelly (Emily Bett Rickards) has developed a successful business in New York constructing reborn dolls. She lives with her fellow art school grad boyfriend Daizy (Paul Piaskowski), whose equally bizarre profession is making and marketing latex dildos.
Middle-aged Emily (Lori Triolo) has commissioned Kelly to make a reborn doll in the image of the daughter she lost twenty years earlier. She likes what Kelly has done but asks for slightly more refinement; she needs the resemblance to be exact. She’ll come back a second and third time asking for revision, sharper detail, more life-likeness.

At first we think Emily is slightly warped, abnormally fixated on this weird surrogation. But we soon see that she’s relatively rational. Turns out to be Kelly who is most severely damaged, continually reliving the trauma of having been terribly, violently abandoned as an infant by her mother. Kelly gradually becomes attached to Emily’s doll, identifies herself with it and develops the idea that Emily is the mother who abandoned her.
The great strength of this production is its acting. Rickards gives us a painfully powerful Kelly, trapped in the trauma of her infancy and moved by forces she can’t possibly control. Her physical and emotional descent into madness is impressive. Triolo, a fine actress who also directs this Reality Curve Theatre production, infuses every speech and gesture of Emily’s with telling detail. Although the character of Daizy doesn’t seem consistently credible to me, Piaskowski makes him quirkily likable and funny.     

Some of the company’s promotional material proposes this play as therapeutic, offering potential assistance for grieving and healing. I see it more in the vein of other naturalistic New York plays that present a dark slice of damaged life, a view through a keyhole into a room you hope you’ll never have to occupy.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Serieously interview with CH this past weekend in Paris (below is English translation from original French) - no mention of Arrow...

American Horror Story: Colton Haynes (Teen Wolf) back in the series! (EXCLUDED)
Hannah Benayoun   July 7, 2018
http://www.serieously.com/american-horror-story-colton-haynes-teen-wolf-de-retour-dans-la-serie-exclu/

On the occasion of the convention Howl at the Moon 2 in Paris, Serieously could meet the casting of Teen Wolf. Colton Haynes (Jackson) took the opportunity to tell us about the rest of his career including American Horror Story.
You remember Colton in Teen Wolf  and others remember Jack Samuels in the last season of AHS , Cult . And it looks like he's back in the four-star cast of season 8 of the horror series: the long-awaited crossover between Coven and Murder House . The actor discussing his future projects, told our microphone: "  I will see again very soon in the series  ." Boom.

But will it be present in Season 8 or the one after, it is still difficult to know. He was not present in Murder House and Coven,  could he thus slip into the skin of a brand new character? We hope so.

The actor also sees Ryan Murphy as one of the biggest current showrunners: "  Ryan Murphy is the best, Pose is a big series too  ". A small cameo of planned Colton? In any case, we look forward to being September 12 to discover this crossover event and the role that will be held by Colton Haynes.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Colin Donnell Proves His Theatre Credentials
BY RUTHIE FIERBERG    APR 10, 2018
http://www.playbill.com/article/colin-donnell-proves-his-theatre-credentials

Colin Donnell first debuted on Broadway understudying three roles—Nick Massi, Bob Gaudio, Hank Majewski—in the long-running hit about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons Jersey Boys. Now, scooped up by Hollywood, the actor spends his days playing one leading character on three different TV shows: Chicago Med, Chicago P.D., and Chicago Fire.

“Being a part of the One Chicago universe is really a wonderfully unique experience. We get to bring our characters experiences into a new space and what we always try to do is maintain the integrity of the characters across all the shows,” Donnell says. But Donnell finds home base on Med as Dr. Connor Rhodes. “He’s strong and he’s smart and he’s deeply flawed,” Donnell tells Playbill. “He tackles his personal life and his work like it could disappear in a moment because he knows that could happen. It’s that ability to see the fragility of life that allows him to be bold and sometimes it comes back to bite him.”

And it’s Donnell’s acting chops, sensitivity, and talent that allows him to traverse stage and screen. After Jersey Boys, Donnell starred as Billy Crocker in the 2011 revival of Anything Goes, starring Sutton Foster, Joel Grey, and Laura Osnes and later originated the role of Monty in the Broadway revival of Violet—again opposite Foster. But his regional experiences—including stints at the St. Louis Muny in Miss Saigon, Meet Me in St. Louis, and Holiday Inn—and an outing at Shakespeare in the Park (where he met his future wife, Frozen star Patti Murin) have left some of the most lasting impact. Here, he spills all the details about working with the greats, lessons he’s learned, and watching his wife live her Disney dreams.

What was your first professional job? 
Colin Donnell:
I got my Equity card doing one of the first regional productions of Miss Saigon at The Muny, which coincidentally is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year! I’m from St. Louis and grew up going to The Muny. I never imagined growing up that I’d one day be onstage there, let alone kicking off a career. It starred the late, great Kevin Gray, Erik Kunze and Joan Almedilla among others.
What’s been the most rewarding experience onstage for you?
I’m picking two because why not? Anything Goes and Love’s Labours Lost. The first because it was my first major role in a Broadway show, my first time working with Kathleen Marshall and Sutton Foster. It was one of the biggest learning experiences of my entire career and I think it’s probably responsible for where my career has gone. Love’s Labours Lost had been a project that I had worked on a long time with [director/book writer] Alex Timbers and [songwriter] Michael Friedman and, while I still thought I was going to do a second season of Arrow [on The CW], I had been devastated that I wouldn’t be able to do it in the Park because of where it fell in the season. After learning I wouldn’t be coming back to the TV show, the second call I made was to Alex asking if they’d recast the role yet. The most lasting reward from that summer? Falling in love and eventually marrying Patti Murin.
What is your favorite part of doing TV that’s different from theatre?
It’s like comparing apples and oranges. When I’m doing TV, I miss theatre and when I’m doing theatre I miss being in front of the camera. I really enjoy the constant change in TV. It’s fun to play a character that is, hopefully, growing and developing over a long period of time.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I'm waiting for news on Funny Story. All the praise has got me curious. 

Has anyone read Discovery of Witches? I wasn't able to make it past the first few chapters but I keep hearing it's good. I'm thinking about giving it another try. 

• Love 1

Best Female-Focused Modern Horror Films Available for Streaming Right Now
By Kelly McNeely -July 26, 2018
https://www.ihorror.com/female-focused-modern-horror-films-streaming/

7. Last Shift
Release date: October 6, 2015
Cast: Juliana Harkavy, Joshua Mikel, Hank Stone
Director: Anthony DiBlasi (Dread)
Why You Should Watch: Last Shift follows a rookie police officer, Jessica Loren (Juliana Harkavy), as she’s stationed to cover the last shift at a soon-to-be-closed police station. She should have a quiet night ahead of her, but the phone keeps ringing, and the young woman on the other end is in terrible danger.
Part horrifying ghost story, part psychological thriller, Last Shift builds tension and terror in a fantastic way. Jessica is determined to carry out her duties as an officer and shows incredible courage in the face of fear.
Where to watch it: Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, Vudu, PSN, Google Play

13. Mohawk
12. Verónica
11. Berlin Syndrome
10. The Eyes of My Mother
9. Cold Hell
8. Prevenge
7. Last Shift
6. Pyewacket
5. Ginger Snaps
4. Annihilation
3. Martyrs
2. The Descent
1. Revenge

Edited by tv echo

Funny Story won an award at the Woods Hole Film Festival in Massachusetts (although this article incorrectly states that EBR played the daughter)...

Film Festival Winners Announced
August 17, 2018
https://www.capenews.net/arts_and_entertainment/film-festival-winners-announced/article_cad22390-3bc1-52fe-b36f-057d9833b2e0.html

The Woods Hole Film Festival concluded its 27th year on August 4 with the announcement of this year's winners at the Captain Kidd Restaurant in Woods Hole.
Jury winners included "Funny Story" as Best Narrative Comedy Feature, "Driver X" as Best Narrative Dramatic Feature, and "Dawnland" as Best Documentary Feature.

"Funny Story" (USA) is a tragic comedy directed by Michael Gallagher that stars Emily Bett Rickards of the CW television show "Arrow" as the estranged daughter of a well-intentioned father who inadvertently wreaks havoc on her life.
The festival received more than 1000 submissions from around the world. The 170 selected films included five world premieres. Given the number of quality films submitted this year, the festival accepted 40 more films than last year, with a focus on emerging, independent filmmakers.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

stars Emily Bett Rickards of the CW television show "Arrow" as the estranged daughter of a well-intentioned father who inadvertently wreaks havoc on her life.

I thought she was the girlfriend of the estranged daughter??

According to this report, Manu Bennett is up for a villain role in the next James Bond movie...

NZ Actor Cliff Curtis Not Interested In Starring In James Bond 25 As A Villain
By Damian Seeto  08/14/2018
https://emptylighthouse.com/nz-actor-cliff-curtis-not-interested-starring-james-bond-25-villain-1685034955

A casting call was leaked earlier this year for James Bond 25 showcasing that director Danny Boyle is interested in casting a Maori actor to play a villainous henchman in the new movie.
The James Bond 25 casting agents want a male Maori actor between the ages of 35 to 55 to play the new character in the film. Cliff Curtis and Temuera Morrison are being ruled out since they are already established actors in Hollywood.

A favorite to fill the role instead is Arrow star Manu Bennett who played the role of Deathstroke. He fits the bill because he's the right age and he also has stunt work experience in action TV shows and films.

James Bond 25 is coming out late 2019 so we should know of casting details very soon. The movie is being directed by Danny Boyle and it's expected to be Daniel Craig's last movie starring as James Bond.

Edited by tv echo

Good for MB if he gets the gig. Although it doesn't sound like a big role since he's a "henchman".

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Cliff Curtis and Temuera Morrison are being ruled out since they are already established actors in Hollywood.

Who?

• Love 2

Get ready for a completely improvised and unscripted Audible Original that invites you to listen in on the funniest phone calls from the world’s weirdest town.

Edited by tv echo

John Barrowman to star in….new webcomic, Acursian
08/28/2018 3:15 PM BY HEIDI MACDONALD
http://www.comicsbeat.com/john-barrowman-to-star-in-new-webcomic-acursian/

Okay how to figure this out? A press release touts that nerdlebrity supreme John Barrowman is starring in something called Acursian. but it’s a webcomic – a joint venture of Webtoon and Legendary Comics.  The comic is co-created by Barrowman, his sister Carole Barrowman and  Erika Lewis (Game of Shadows and Firebrand: The Initiation of Natali Presano) with art by Beni Lobel and designs by Tommy Lee Edwards. The story was under development as Cursed and was to come out from Legendary – presumably in print form. Webtoon offers digital first distribution.
We’ll find out on 11:59pm EST on Thursday, September 13 when the comic debuts.
Acursian (an Old English word defined as one consigned to destruction, misery, or evil by a curse) stars John Barrowman as Charlie Stewart who, on the eve of an important birthday, falls victim to an ancient Celtic curse. Stewart seemed to have it all: the big house, the fast car, the beautiful family, and a high-power career at a leading criminal law firm, but overnight finds everything spiraling out of control as his perfect life becomes a disaster zone of chaos and calamity. Every decision he makes, every relationship he has, every choice he’s given is doomed to fail spectacularly, no matter what he does.

Embarking on a quest for the truth behind the supernatural forces re-writing his destiny, Charlie discovers that his ancestor Bonnie Prince Charlie made a deal with the ruthless Celtic God of War, Bregon. In return for the Bonnie Prince’s victory at the battle of Culloden, Bregon demanded the prince steal three magical talismans from Bregon’s own sisters. These sisters cursed the entire Stewart bloodline and now Charlie must settle a centuries-long family squabble among gods in order to get his own family back. Real life and ancient legend collide in unexpected ways as Charlie battles across this world and opens up realms of time and mystery that no mortal was ever meant to see. ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

That’s ... interesting. Maybe this will help Emily learn to slow down a bit and enunciate better. 

I dont know what is her enunciation or that the show with time giving her character less time to get out all of Felicitys lines then they did in the first season. 

29 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I dont know what is her enunciation or that the show with time giving her character less time to get out all of Felicitys lines then they did in the first season. 

I don't know either but it has sometimes been difficult to understand what Felicity is saying because it comes out in a rush. I don't know if this was an acting choice made by Emily for when Felicity babbles or the director rushing her to get all of Felicity's lines out in a short amount of time. That's why I said I hope this teaches her. Mind you, she's not the only one. I had difficulties with Curtis and Quentin, too. Paul Blackthorne had a tendency to mumble. 

• Love 2

KC will be premiering her movie, Grace, at the Boston Film Festival. She is currently scheduled to appear at the Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo that same weekend, so I wonder if she's going to cancel that appearance or make a limited appearance there...

Fall festivals and special film occasions
By Loren King  September 09, 2018
https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/movies/2018/09/08/fall-festivals-and-special-film-occasions/l68C8YjpDiYnt1wEV5EgzM/story.html

Boston Film Festival The 34th annual BFF runs Sept. 20-23 at Arts Emerson’s Paramount Theater Bright Screening Room and at the Showplace Icon at Seaport. Highlights include the US premiere of the locally shot “Grace,” directed by Devin Adair, and starring Tate Donovan, Katie Cassidy, and Debby Ryan, who are all expected attend; and the world premiere of “The Passing Parade,” from writer-director John Hindman, and starring Tessa Ferrer, Hal Ozsan, and Graham Sibley. Adair, Ozsan, and Sibley will attend the screening. “The Etruscan Smile” from Mihal Brezis and Oded Binnun, stars Brian Cox as a Scotsman who reluctantly leaves home to seek medical treatment in San Francisco and moves in with his estranged son and his wife, played by JJ Feild and Thora Birch. Feild and Birch will be in attendance. Go to bostonfilmfestival.org.

Edited by tv echo

Code 8: Live Stream, Updates on the Film and More!
BY BRIAR  SEP 9, 2018
http://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2018/09/09/code-8-live-stream-updates-on-the-film-and-more/

It’s been a while since we’ve heard news about Code 8, the film from Robbie and Stephen Amell. However, news is starting to be released!

Yesterday, Robbie answered a question via Twitter about the movie, stating the film was finished and they were working on VFX.
Today, a live stream for the film was launched on it’s Youtube page, called Code 8th. Every month, on the 8th day, crew from the film will be doing a live stream to update everyone on any news about it.
During the live stream, we learned a few things. First, all items that can be shipped from the Indiegogo campaign were shipped. As far as the film, they did have some reshoots this Summer, but they finally do have a final cut of the film done and are adding in the VFX, as Robbie’s tweet stated.

Robbie and Stephen also sent in a video message, stating they were really excited and that premiere dates were still being worked out and hopefully announced soon.

Edited by tv echo

EBR's Funny Story is screening at yet another film festival - here's an interview with the film's director...

Michael Gallagher’s terrific comedy Funny Story Premiere’s at the Fall 2018 New Jersey Film Festival this Friday, September 14!
By Al Nigrin   09/10/2018
https://www.newjerseystage.com/articles/2018/09/10/michael-gallaghers-terrific-comedy-funny-story-premieres-at-the-fall-2018-new-jersey-film-festival-this-friday-september-14/

Nigrin:  Your film has a wonderful cast including Matthew Glave, Emily Bett Rickards and Jana Winternitz. Their chemistry is right on the mark. How were you able to get these terrific actors to star in your film? 
Gallagher:
Thank you! As a director, I got extremely lucky with this bunch. Matthew Glave is one of my favorite actors because he is so versatile and can say a lot by showing just a flicker of an expression. I sent him the script, he sparked to Walter and we brought him on right away. We met Emily Bett on a short film we produced and she couldn’t have been down-to-earth and generous as a performer. Emily has been playing this amazing role on the hit show Arrow for half a decade and she works so incredibly hard on that show, she barely gets time to do other projects that won’t conflict. Our shoot just so happened to fit in her schedule. She was ready to sink her teeth into a different kind of role and she really brought so much depth and empathy to Kim. And Jana is just as much of a dream to work with as you would hope. She emulates pure love and is so natural as a performer. I always prefer working with people who I know personally so that we can have a bit of short hand by the time we are on set and be as relaxed as possible, because that is when you get the best work from actors, or anyone really.
Gallagher: My favorite films are the ones that catch you by surprise and have a feeling that “anything can happen”. I think that kind of suspense can help fuel comedic moments— it means the stakes are real and you are right there with the characters, feeling every awkward and uncomfortable moment as a co-conspirator. The reaction to the film has been outstanding. I’ve seen the film countless times during post-production but I still love watching the first half of the movie and feeling the audience laugh, gasp, clap and even cry. We have had some amazing film festival experiences, winning Best Comedy at Woods Hole and Audience Awards at Sonoma and Vero Beach.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

‘Yellowstone’ Casts Neal McDonough; Jay Reeves Joins ‘All American’
by Denise Petski  September 14, 2018 
https://deadline.com/2018/09/yellowstone-cast-neal-mcdonough-jay-reeves-all-american-1202464379

Legends of Tomorrow‘s Neal McDonough is set for a recurring role on the second season of Paramount Network’s critically praised drama series Yellowstone, starring Kevin Costner. Yellowstone chronicles the Dutton family, led by John Dutton (Costner), who controls the largest contiguous cattle ranch in the United States. Amid shifting alliances, unsolved murders, open wounds, and hard-earned respect – the ranch is in constant conflict with those it borders – an expanding town, an Indian reservation, and America’s first national park. McDonough plays Malcolm Beck, a wealthy business mogul who runs an area casino with his brother, Teal. They are power players, down and dirty fighters who know how to work the system to get what they want. McDonough plays Arrowverse uber villain Damien Darhk on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and recently wrapped animated feature Sonic the Hedgehog with Jim Carrey. He’s repped by Paradigm Talent Agency.