Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

(edited)

From the Toulouse Game Show Spring Break (April 7-8, 2018) in France - mostly talking about Stargate: Atlantis...

Entrevista Joe Flanigan y David Nykl
Published on May 29, 2018, by Stargate Legend CHANNEL

Edited by tv echo

I've watched that Sugarland video quite a few times and every time I'm like "Ray!!!!!! What happened to your sound morals?"

I remember and liked him as Daniel Shaw (evil and all) but he'll always be my Ray Palmer! 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I loved it too!  But I don't want to watch CW Seed ::pouts::

The harpoon by any chance?

Chloes death

10ntdhw.jpg

It was so sad yet so beautiful. She knew she was going to die but she chose to go out on her own terms and the scene just delivered. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Chloes death

10ntdhw.jpg

It was so sad yet so beautiful. She knew she was going to die but she chose to go out on her own terms and the scene just delivered. 

Agree 100%. That entire scene was probably my favorite of the entire series. 

• Love 1
(edited)

EBR's comments on Reborning from the Kiss Radio podcast interview titled "Adam Taylor Chats with Emily Bett Rickards " (Jun. 13, 2018):

-- AT: "But now you're in a one-act play, right?... What does that actually mean?" EBR: "There's no intermission. It should be an hour running, I think - around an hour and fifteen, an hour and twenty minutes. Um, so it's sorta like you're watching a short film, hopefully - um, shorter film, I should say, not a short film... Yeah, it's a three-hander, which means there's three of us in the play. Uh, Lori Triolo, Paul Piaskowski, and myself. Uh, Lori Triolo is also directing, which is a feat. She is a powerhouse and, like, beyond - blows my mind every day. Reality Curve is the production company putting it on here in Vancouver, and we're having it at the Annex, which is my favorite stage in town... It's super cool."

-- About Reborning and her character in the play, EBR: 'It's sort of like this weird, twisted show, Reborning. It was written by Zayd Dohrn. Um, it takes place in a dollmaker's studio in Queens, so you know you're already a little, uh, weird when you start talking about dolls. But they're reborning dolls, which are pretty much dolls that look exactly like infants, like exactly like children who are real... It's a story about how to deal with grief and identity and - and, um, you know, finding out - refinding out who we are, um, when we lose ourselves. And these three characters are all really trying to find themselves separately, and they come together sort of to make a family, and, uh, things escalate. You will have a good time."

-- On whether it's comedic or scary or a little bit of everything, EBR:" It's a dark comedy. I would say it's pretty dark. I would leave your young children at home. Um, but I think everyone will have a good time watching it, because it is - it's sort of an absurd tale, but it's very easy to connect to, which is the work that I always enjoy reading and watching and, you know, you want to be able to connect to the people and learn from the people that you're - the characters that you're watching... I think everyone's going to have a good time... Everyone I know is coming closing night, so it'll be really, really fun, it'll be like a really cool audience. So guys, get your tickets, Reborning.ca."

-- On if this role is different from what she's done before, EBR: "Yes... Arrow, the show I work on most of the year, is a darker show, but my character is a little bit more of the lighter lift. Um, this character is - is dark. She's dealing with a lot of demons and a lot of demons that she wants to repress. And I played a character similar to this before... I've always said, I'm always like, 'I want to do comedy,' and then I'm like, 'this is funny' and then I end up with the character that's not funny in the thing, and I'm like, 'how did I get here? why am I attracted to these people?' Um, but I do really enjoy playing her and I really enjoy, like, her spine and her body and the way she moves... Yeah, it's super fun for me to explore. You know, we love rehearsals. We're rehearsing six days a week, many hours a day. I'm headed there right after this. Um, yeah, it's been a real treat. And I'm really nervous and excited."

-- On whether she's done much stage work before, EBR: "It's been about ten years. So I was itching so hard to get back on the stage. And, um, Reality Curve asked me to do this last - a year ago. And originally, um, the question was like, 'when's your next free time? October?' And I was like, 'no, next June.' And they were like, 'alright.' Um, so we fit it into - everyone else had work commitments as well, as did I - and we sort of saved this block, this month, for this specifically, about, you know, over 12 months ago."

-- On what remake she would want to do, if she had the chance to be in a remake of something that she grew up watching, EBR: "I mean, Clueless would be really fun... I love like old '90s movies...." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8
(edited)

Article & video are also posted on page 281 of Starling City Times thread...

Arrow's Emily Bett Rickards owns a four-handed doll of herself (VIDEO, PODCAST)
Laurenne Karmel   June 20, 2018
http://dailyhive.com/montreal/chaotic-creative-emily-bett-rickards-2018

Emily Bett Rickards is known for playing the brilliant Felicity Smoak on the CW show Arrow (or maybe even as the bride in Nickelback’s 2009 music video for “Never Gonna Be Alone,” if you’re looking for a deeper cut). Until June 29th, you’ll be able to see her in Vancouver at the Orpheum Annex on Granville Street, starring in Reborning.
In Reborning, Emily stars as Kelly, a “reborn doll artist” who creates custom-made, realistic baby dolls. “She’s a little nuts,” she laughs, “but I kinda wanted to remind myself how much I loved acting, and I wanted to see if that would do this for me, and it really has.”

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MS1YMTEhaA

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Not surprising, since she's been open about her dissatisfaction involving her lack of story on Arrow. I'm glad that this show has seemed to reignite her passion. Let's hope these bts changes pay off in her character's favor.

Idk, could be that, I kind of took it as liking the opportunity as seeing acting as an art/character to develop again rather than the hustled, rushed, routine job that 6 years on a tv show as the same character could bring rather than a "I sometimes get so dissatisfied with Arrow that it sometimes it makes me forget I like acting." More like "doing the same job for 6 years sometimes makes acting a job rather than art, let's get back to the creative art stuff."

• Love 3
(edited)

Reborning comments from today's CTV Morning News interview with EBR...

-- EBR: "Reborning is this weird tale written by Zayd Dohrn, um, who is an American playwright. And it's this wonderful story about sort of loss and identity - similar to the things we were just talking about - and how we process guilt. And it focuses around this woman, Kelly, who I play, um, who is a reborning doll maker. And she starts to go a little bit nuts, for lack of a better term." On whether that happens because of the dolls, EBR: "We - you know, we think it's also because of her past to a certain extent. So we see her sort of unraveling. We meet her at this time when she's just about to break, and we get to see her break in this period of time during our play."

-- On how doing a live play differs from doing a TV show, EBR: "Oh, man, it's different. Yeah, I mean, you get a live aspect, you know. You get one take a night, but you get to live with a full story for so long. And I think that diving into that text analysis, and diving into, you know, finding all these golden treasures along the way, and the words and that sort of thing. Um, it's just the more time you have with a project and the more time you get to do it, the more things that you find and the more things you fall in love with, the more you get to know your character. Um, different in terms of TV, which is six years, which is living with an episode for a week, [whereas] living with a full play for - you know, we only had - we've only been doing it for three weeks now, with rehearsal included. So it's not even that long, but it's been - it's been really, really wonderful."

-- EBR: "Tonight's opening night. We had our preview last night, which I like to consider opening to a certain extent, I mean, in the brain cells of it all. Yeah, opening night is tonight at the Annex on Seymour Street, um, just right around the corner from here. And yeah, we're very excited."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 6:51 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I need to rewatch this miniseries. It was fun and gave me one of my favorite horror deaths.

It was fun! And it gave me 4 heartbreaking deaths.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:32 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Chloes death

10ntdhw.jpg

UGH this was one of the most heartbreaking deaths. Cause Part of me felt like she gave up a little easily and the other Part understood like you said she wanted to go out on her own terms and likely the fight was gone cause she just watched her love get killed. Both their deaths were heartbreaking I wanted them to make it ??

Edited by jay741982

I read one twitter thread that said it wasn't until the very end when EBR turned to the audience with a big happy grin after is was over that they even recognized in her body language her as the same person they'd seen in so many interviews over the years.  That seemed to me a pretty good testimony of her acting range.  

• Love 14

"Rickards does a phenomenal job carrying this show. Her nuanced portrayal of Kelly feels approachable and charismatic, yet sarcastic. She lets us see a wide spectrum of the character – both the light and dark – helping to make the dramatic ending feel a little less unbelievable."

• Love 8
(edited)

Reality Curve Theatre wasted no time in quoting the above Vancouver Presents review...

Also, here's another theatergoer's review...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7
(edited)

Includes never-before-seen still pics of EBR performing in this play...

Reborning by Zayd Dohrn Final Week
Published on Jun 25, 2018, by Reality Curve Theatre

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

I believe that Jerry Wasserman is the theatre critic for the Vancouver Sun and that maybe his review hasn't been posted online yet...

Yeah, I looked, too. That's odd. The play is ending tomorrow night. Most critics put out their reviews after opening night. A day or two after at the latest.

? But, it really has been a good while since they started it. Was it two or three years ago they did the principal photography. And then there was the short and the crowdfunding before that.