Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Revenge Season 4 Spoiler: Will Emily's Parents Meet Again?

“[Kara’s] definitely come up in conversations. Season 4 is going to be much more about the nature of Emily’s family as opposed to the Grayson family than it’s ever been before,” showrunner Sunil Nayar told E! Online. “She’s someone we’re talking about, but we haven’t figured out the stories yet, but we love her and we love the character. You never know, she could pop up.”

If Sunil brings Kara back to the canvas, then I can only draw one conclusion: Sunil seems hellbent on running this once great show into the ground.

Kara was hands-down one of the most utterly unentertaining characters in the entire show. IMO, JJL brought absolutely nothing but a lackluster performance and a duck pout so unsexy, that Daffy and Donald would both lose their hard-ons.

Kara was abysmal the first go-round (lack of storyline didn't help either) and never connected with the audience. Why think to bring her back? Perhaps, Sunil just wants to give the viewers two middle fingers and a grand scale, Fuck You!

Eat a hot bowl of dicks, Sunil!

• Love 2
(edited)

So far S4 seems to be:

1. David Clarke being alive.

2. Victoria being a protagonist and is going to get revenge on Emily now.

3. Now Cara is coming back for more nonsense.

Sunil seems to plan on sucking this series in very single way.

Oh and I see the writers are gearing up to force a HEA for Emily unless there's something else, this is all so terribly contrived and predictable.

Edited by FAU

Kara coming back is really good news for me - because I can't stand Kara and can't stand Jennifer Jason Leigh and so will finally be breaking up with this show I've been trying to ditch for the past two seasons.

• Love 3

I find it interesting that this showrunner made a big deal about pretending the Initiative never happened yet gave us other bs.  Kara was 1 of the many problems from last season, not to mention S3 giving us Emily's amnesia/blackouts, Margeuax's family/business problems (Pascal), etc.

(edited)

Per E! Online, Josh Bowman Will Stay on Revenge

Shawn: Josh Bowman has said that he wants off of Revenge, so can we expect to see Daniel in danger next season?

Nope! In fact, showrunner Sunil Nayar told us the show has never even "considered" offing Daniel. "We never talked about it," he said. "I think when Josh was saying those things, it was in the middle of those episodes where he shot Emily and he didn't really know which was his character was going to go, even though we talked about it." What we can expect for Daniel in season four? "I just think he's so layered and interesting and certainly we want to keep making him a little bit on the evil side, but I think there's a lot to be examined in Daniel's journey," Nayar teased. "He's going to lose a father, just like Emily did years ago, and that's going to hit him in ways that will be surprising and unexpected. So we are never considered losing Josh and I am thrilled that he is staying on the show." And there you have it!

James Tupper Signed as Series Regular for Season 4

Speaking Friday at the ATX Television Festival panel for Revenge, [snip], executive producers Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg explained why it was time to bring David back.

"It's hard to introduce new characters who don't have a past history with Emily, but will make her invest as much in their character," Harberts said. "As we looked back, David seemed like someone who would shake an unshakable character to the core. [snip] What if he says, 'I'm disappointed in you.' And what happens when he crosses into Victoria's story and says, 'She did some things to you. You don't really know why, but there might've been a reason.' [David] is a new barrier to entry [and] he can fill in a lot of the gaps Emily wasn't privy to."

While Berg said the idea continually came up in the writers' room, it wasn't until near the end of the season that they knew they could even secure Tupper who has since signed on as a series regular. "We were thinking about David [returning], but out of the blue [James] actually texted me like, 'Don't you think it's time for David Clarke to come back?'" Harberts said.

[snip] Jack (Nick Wechsler) will be a huge part in helping Emily navigate what's next. "This year Emily has the opportunity to come out with David Clarke and the question becomes is Emily going to do it or not?" Harberts said. "As we get to know more about Emily/Amanda, she also has to start confronting all of these things she's left undone and how she is going to clean up messes with the people who have taken such good care of her. As we launch into Season 4, Jack becomes the center of that journey." Added Berg, "Emily is going to start from a wounded place next year and she also has to confront not only who she is as Amanda, but what that means for people around her."

As to whether or not Jack being by Emily's side will (finally) bring them together in this coming season has yet to be decided. "I think we all know in our heart of hearts what the very last frame [of the show] is," Berg said. "Until then there's a lot to try and cover." Said Harberts, "There are the shows where you get those two characters together and it's considered a series ender because people aren't as invested. Other shows set up romantic triangles where they've all been together and you're bobbing back and forth. Honestly, I don't think we know which way is right to go with Revenge. Our gut says to keep building [their relationship] and earning it. How do we deepen and reconnect these characters next season so the audience believes it could happen? I don't think they can possibly start to find the path towards coming together until she embraces who she used to be and that's going to be a huge step."

Edited by Jiggle Billy

"I just think he's so layered and interesting and certainly we want to keep making him a little bit on the evil side, but I think there's a lot to be examined in Daniel's journey," Nayar teased. "He's going to lose a father, just like Emily did years ago, and that's going to hit him in ways that will be surprising and unexpected. So we are never considered losing Josh and I am thrilled that he is staying on the show." And there you have it!

Oh please, they just made him an ott villain, there's nothing layered about his character, I'm not surprised he likes this character, even the actor wants the character to be killed off.

"It's hard to introduce new characters who don't have a past history with Emily, but will make her invest as much in their character,"

No it's not, the writers dump in new characters all the time, all they do is take up screen time and then get replaced by other characters.  There isn't anything to be invested in these characters.

While Berg said the idea continually came up in the writers' room, it wasn't until near the end of the season that they knew they could even secure Tupper who has since signed on as a series regular. "We were thinking about David [returning], but out of the blue [James] actually texted me like, 'Don't you think it's time for David Clarke to come back?'" Harberts said.

So they made it up on the fly when they kept dragging this series on longer than it needed to, no surprises there.

[snip] Jack (Nick Wechsler) will be a huge part in helping Emily navigate what's next. "This year Emily has the opportunity to come out with David Clarke and the question becomes is Emily going to do it or not?" Harberts said. "As we get to know more about Emily/Amanda, she also has to start confronting all of these things she's left undone and how she is going to clean up messes with the people who have taken such good care of her. As we launch into Season 4, Jack becomes the center of that journey." Added Berg, "Emily is going to start from a wounded place next year and she also has to confront not only who she is as Amanda, but what that means for people around her."

Oh please, that's what they said last season when he found out about Amanda and yet he still ended up being sidelined and his only role was to be judgmental about Emily while half the time it doesn't seem like she gaf about anything.

As to whether or not Jack being by Emily's side will (finally) bring them together in this coming season has yet to be decided. "I think we all know in our heart of hearts what the very last frame [of the show] is," Berg said. "Until then there's a lot to try and cover." Said Harberts, "There are the shows where you get those two characters together and it's considered a series ender because people aren't as invested. Other shows set up romantic triangles where they've all been together and you're bobbing back and forth. Honestly, I don't think we know which way is right to go with Revenge. Our gut says to keep building [their relationship] and earning it. How do we deepen and reconnect these characters next season so the audience believes it could happen? I don't think they can possibly start to find the path towards coming together until she embraces who she used to be and that's going to be a huge step."

Except you didn't build anything up properly, which is the problem, you sidelined it and dragged it along as dead weight.

The only truth in this statement is that you don't know, which explains a lot about this series' 'writing' process if you can even call it that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Perhaps Kara will only be back in David Clark's flashbacks?

Even so, this whole thing is stupid and it undemines Emily's revenge with David being the whole catalyst of it especially since it's the freaking premise of the series, something the writers seems to have forgotten.

Oh and according to TVline spoilers, Emily will have another LI, just add another character to the pile.

Edited by FAU
  • Love 1

I shut the TV off when that bitch Victoria killed Aiden. That was my deal breaker for this show because Em/Aiden was the main thing keeping me interested.  I knew then I was getting my Sunday nights back. Now reading that next season will be Victoria the protagonist, David Clark alive, reuniting with mommy, Daniel never dies, no Conrad, and Emily's journey with the ever boring Jack who she has no chemistry with....well I can see I'm not missing anything worth watching at all. At this point I can only hope that some exec at ABC comes to their senses and cancels season 4 mid-season.

I shut the TV off when that bitch Victoria killed Aiden. That was my deal breaker for this show because Em/Aiden was the main thing keeping me interested.  I knew then I was getting my Sunday nights back. Now reading that next season will be Victoria the protagonist, David Clark alive, reuniting with mommy, Daniel never dies, no Conrad, and Emily's journey with the ever boring Jack who she has no chemistry with....well I can see I'm not missing anything worth watching at all. At this point I can only hope that some exec at ABC comes to their senses and cancels season 4 mid-season.

I honestly hope next season is the last, the ratings aren't even that good enough to milk anyway.

(edited)

Emily Gets New Love Interest

Question: You mentioned last week in Ask Ausiello that Revenge is adding a new love interest for Emily — anything else you can share about the new guy? —Janet

Ausiello: He’s a childhood friend of Jack’s who has a touch of PTSD from his military days. He decides to make his short-term visit to the Hamptons permanent after something life-changing happens to Jack, then makes fast friends with a number of the locals — including Em.

So what was the purpose of killing Aiden only to create a new love triangle? Just what this show needs, more boring love triangles. Revenge is clearly not ready to drop all the cliches. Why do the writers/producers insist on repeating themes that have consistently proven to irritate fans to the point of them no longer watching the show? They must want this show to fail.

Edited by Jiggle Billy
(edited)

Emily Gets New a Love Interest

So what was the purpose of killing Aiden only to create a new love triangle? Just what this show needs, more boring love triangles. Revenge is clearly not ready to drop all the cliches. Why do the writers/producers insist on repeating themes that have consistently proven to irritate fans to the point of them no longer watching the show? They must want this show to fail.

I think it's because the actor got himself on a new show, but yeah, it's another stupid love triangle/pointless LI.  S4 sounds more and more terrible with each new spoiler.

The sad thing is that Revenge spent more time on pointless subplots like Emily's amnesia/blackouts, usless LIs/characters, Margeaux's family/business drama, Initiative, etc. than it did on Emily's revenge on the Graysons (the freaking premise of the series), which was only 2 episodes.

Edited by FAU

Ugh this show is a victim of its own success. S1 was so great and then S2 was abysmal and then S3 started off good and then floundered. Everytime they bring in a new character, the new character stinks, doesn't add anything to the show. Don't know why they didn't make this show a mini-series. They killed off Conrad who was an interesting character, evil as hell but entertaining, especially his sparring matches with Victoria. They wrote Jack into a corner with having him lose his father, dog, brother, and wife and he hasn't gone totally insane yet. Charlotte is just boring and extinct, it shows that writers don't know what to do with her.

I don't care about Emanda, I liked S1's Emily but S2 & S3 Emanda suck. Don't care about her family and her mother Kara was a big snooze.

I only like Victoria & Nolan, they can surround the show around those two and maybe I'll watch again. I stopped watching in the middle of S3.

• Love 1

Also, why would they spell out their endgame so directly? They as good as said that they want to end on Jack/Emanda sailing off into the sunset together (as many of us have speculated), therefore completely ruining any hopes they might go anywhere interesting with this after all. Yeah, I won't tune in again.

Ugh this show is a victim of its own success. S1 was so great and then S2 was abysmal and then S3 started off good and then floundered. Everytime they bring in a new character, the new character stinks, doesn't add anything to the show. Don't know why they didn't make this show a mini-series. They killed off Conrad who was an interesting character, evil as hell but entertaining, especially his sparring matches with Victoria. They wrote Jack into a corner with having him lose his father, dog, brother, and wife and he hasn't gone totally insane yet. Charlotte is just boring and extinct, it shows that writers don't know what to do with her.

I don't care about Emanda, I liked S1's Emily but S2 & S3 Emanda suck. Don't care about her family and her mother Kara was a big snooze.

I only like Victoria & Nolan, they can surround the show around those two and maybe I'll watch again. I stopped watching in the middle of S3.

In a way, Jack is just there being shoved into scenes because they don't know what to do with him except be a LI and pointless subplot fillers.  Charlotte is even worse, especially after making her David's daughter.

Also, why would they spell out their endgame so directly? They as good as said that they want to end on Jack/Emanda sailing off into the sunset together (as many of us have speculated), therefore completely ruining any hopes they might go anywhere interesting with this after all. Yeah, I won't tune in again.

What's worse is that they're not written well at all, they pretty much isolated Jack and killed people close to him and even after knowing everything, Emily barely seems like she actually cares and the writers think this bs is supposed to be romantic.

Oh brother, now we have to suffer through Victoria as the wronged party.  If David really is alive, as all the promos seem to suggest (I was still hoping for a Conrad nightmare) they have totally gone into fantasy land.  But, who am I kidding?  I will still tune in for the fabulous fashions (and Nolan, of course).

• Love 1

They've got to be fucking kidding me, right? In what universe would I (someone in the audience for this show) ever feel sorry for Victoria? Fuck Victoria. She helped destroy a man's life and helped destroy his young daughter's life too. She deserves nothing but death. I am not here for Victoria's revenge quest. I'm here to see Emily finally finish hers with Nolan.

• Love 4

I don't think I can watch Victoria as the victim seeking Revenge.  She's seeking revenge for the things done to her in revenge for the wrongs she did to other people (lord, that sentence is everything that will be wrong with this season <G>).  She got what was coming for her, finished.

If the show wants a re-boot, start a completely new Revenge.  I thought that was what they were going to do before they spent 3 years on Emanda.

I don't see how they bring back David Clarke without including some new knight in shining armor version of the Initiative.  Certainly David couldn't have planned out everything on his own, including his own murder and hiding away for 10+ years.  Where did he get the money?  No one would help a traitor (which, don't get me started would never have been the criminal charge...)  They've established everything the govt knew about they took, and the rest seemingly went to Nolan's company.  The man wasn't that wealthy that there was a third major source of funds.  And if there is some group helping him, how did he not know about what his daughter was doing?  Makes no sense.  Yeah, I know, that's the show now.   How depressing.

• Love 1

I don't see how they bring back David Clarke without including some new knight in shining armor version of the Initiative.  Certainly David couldn't have planned out everything on his own, including his own murder and hiding away for 10+ years.  Where did he get the money?  No one would help a traitor (which, don't get me started would never have been the criminal charge...)  They've established everything the govt knew about they took, and the rest seemingly went to Nolan's company.  The man wasn't that wealthy that there was a third major source of funds.  And if there is some group helping him, how did he not know about what his daughter was doing?  Makes no sense.  Yeah, I know, that's the show now.   How depressing.

Especially since he died in prison, it wasn't like he just disappeared & was presumed dead, there had to be an actual body, there had to be an autopsy, how did that all happen?

• Love 1

According to E! Online, the character who dies is:

- Male

- Important to the Hamptons (ties to Conrad)

- NOT a series regular

Beth: I'll take anything you've got on Revenge!
Another death will rock the Hamptons! While fans of all the series regulars can breathe a sigh of relief, a pretty important figure in the Hamptons (who had ties to Conrad) will bite the dust…leading to a whole lot of speculation surrounding the mysterious circumstances surrounding his (yes, it's a male character that dies) death.

The only male character I can think of that's not a series regular is Ben. [gasp!] Could I really be so lucky!?...

That was my first thought, too.  But he really didn't have any ties to Conrad, did he (except being obsessed with trying to solve his murder)? 

I guess this means it isn't Daniel.  I'm actually glad, if that's the case.  He and Emily are good together this season.

It will probably be the hand police captain that was being not so subtle about telling Vic to back off.

That's a good guess, but not anybody I care about.  They were making it sound like a big deal.

• Love 1

- Male

- NOT a series regular

I just thought of something. What if this spoiler refers to the cop that was killed (the one whose garage had the infinity symbol on the wall)?

The official promo implies that the upcoming death is an actual series regular though, so I'm baffled. To imply a series regular dies and then only killing a side character, would be pretty egregious. Talk about a bait and switch to get fans to tune in. Fans would be furious.

Maybe a more central character does die in the midseason finale. I guess we'll soon see.

- Male

- NOT a series regular

That spoiler is from September, before Season 4 came out. It was about either Vince, Mostrowski or a character they decided not to introduce. It's definitely not about the mid-season finale.

It's pretty much 99% certain that Daniel will die. The only other option that would fit the spoilers is Jack (he's not in the photo/video and his death could affect Margaux's arc since they're amicable exes). But that's me grasping at straws because I don't want Daniel to die.

According to E! Online, prepare for Emily and Ben to possibly be a couple

NorthbndTrain: Any scoop on #Revenge's Jack and Emily?
Um, you may not want to read what I have to share about Emily's love life if you're shippin' her and Jack. "I think you're going to start to see the real connection between [ben] and Emily," showrunner Sunil Nayar reveals. "There's a kindness he feels towards Emily and kinship we're going to step on more," And the cop isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Says Nayar: "We love him, we're keeping him."

Charlotte will be MIA for Daniel's funeral

Meghan: STILL not over the big death on Revenge! Give me a spoiler to hold me over until January please!
Not hopping on the Jitney for Daniel's funeral? "Charlotte may not be back for Daniel's funeral, but she's someone we keep talking about and if we can figure out the right way to bring her in, we'll certainly talk about having her back," Nayar spills.

I'm not opposed to Ben as the love interest.  Daniels gone.  That ship has sailed.  If Jack and Emily are end game (and that's if), that isn't going to happen anytime soon.  I thought Ben and Emily made a cute couple when they were shooting baskets.  

That show runner is a moron.  "We love him, we're keeping him"  Um, who cares if you love him, what's the fan reaction to him.  And, 'we keep talking about Charlotte, if we can find a reason to bring her back'   Um, her brother's death isn't a good enough reason.  They're going to have to twist themselves into knots to explain why she doesn't come back.

Charlotte being in rehab is a good enough reason for me. She had a pretty serious drug problem, it's no stretch of the imagination that she might be too strung out to go to Daniel's funeral. Who's to say anyone even told her yet that he died? They could be waiting for her to be less likely to take a swan dive into a pool of heroin.

Well, regarding Ben...if i remember correctly they said that he was going to be a possible love interest of Emily before Season 4 even began, and the only reason this character does even exist in the first place is that he is going to be involved with Emily somehow, because besides that just being Jack's partner without any storyline would be useless. So, like it or not, he will be her love interest, and you can see the upcoming plot of this relationship from even a mile away.

Why? Remember Ben and Jack being in the cellar of the prison guard that worked for David obviously? What did he find there when he was investigating Conrad's murder? An "infinity times infinity-sign" carved into wood, he even took a picture of it. Well guess who has the same sign as a tatoo on the inside of her arm, and guess who is gonna recognize that when the two of them get closer, eventually sleeping with each other (not that he couldn't find out without them sleeping together, but you need emotional involvement from at least his side to make it matter).

So it's pretty clear to me, the side plot coming up is Ben and Emily getting closer, and Ben not letting go of the investigation an Conrad's murder, realizing that Emily had something to do with it (her father did it, this is what he doesn't know), causing danger for her and a lot of tension between him and Jack.

I just hope they don't make the two of them really having a long-term relationsship with each other, because if the show ends after season 4 you defintely have to have some kind of deeper involvement between Emily and Jack, again like it or not, but he always played a role in all relationships she had with others and decisions she made until this point, so there has to be some final drama there, which does not mean in my opinion that they should be "endgame" or anything, but you have to close their story in some way. So I hope that the upcoming Ben and Emily thing doesn't hurt an appropriate edning there, and I don't mean necessarily a happy one (who knows).

If this was indeed the final season, they would be advertising it as such, no? There's only a few episodes left. They haven't really done anything spectacular with the advertising of the show this year. Like's it's just another season. If there is another season, I really hope they pull something out of the air to get this show back on track for one more season. Season 4 is a mess. Bringing back her father could have had potential but the actor can only act in the flash-backs. And him really being alive would have been great for a series finale but not as a season story.

If this was indeed the final season, they would be advertising it as such, no? There's only a few episodes left. They haven't really done anything spectacular with the advertising of the show this year. Like's it's just another season. If there is another season, I really hope they pull something out of the air to get this show back on track for one more season. Season 4 is a mess. Bringing back her father could have had potential but the actor can only act in the flash-backs. And him really being alive would have been great for a series finale but not as a season story.

It's really strange on ABC's part because the writing is clearly on the wall - the ratings are terrible. I think the producers are starting to ramp up to the end - Emily revealing to the world that she's Amanda is the absolutely endgame. Half of the cast is dead and Emily is out - where else is there to go? I actually fear for a fifth season because there is no story left to tell here, unless it's the downfall of Amanda. And I would feel obligated to watch because, for some reason, I cannot stop.

• Love 1

It's really strange on ABC's part because the writing is clearly on the wall - the ratings are terrible. I think the producers are starting to ramp up to the end - Emily revealing to the world that she's Amanda is the absolutely endgame. Half of the cast is dead and Emily is out - where else is there to go? I actually fear for a fifth season because there is no story left to tell here, unless it's the downfall of Amanda. And I would feel obligated to watch because, for some reason, I cannot stop.

If the producers ramp up to the end it was a big mistake not to announce this as the last season from the beginning, then maybe the writing wouldn't have suffered that much since there would have been no need to drag out storylines for too long or add characters with no purpose at all than dragging the story out like Ben for example.

This is gonna be a huge spoiler, so consider yourselfes warned before you read any further!!!

I know this topic is marked for containing spoilers, but still...

https://twitter.com/EmilyVanCamp/status/583103644238663680

Considering Emily VanCamp's tweet today it looks like Emily/ Amanda is going to end up in prison by the end of the season, or at least in jail and on trial, since she is clearly wearing an orange jumpsuit in court on set, and as far as I know episode 20 (out of 23) has already been shot, so this is at least already episode 21 if not 22.

Just the fact that I'm reading the spoiler thread tells me how much I care about this show. Yuck. Anyway, I doubt she's going to jail, she's probably breaking into jail because of some stupid plot twist that she needs to talk to someone in jail & this is the only way she can do it. Or maybe she gets herself deliberately arrested for the same reason.

Just the fact that I'm reading the spoiler thread tells me how much I care about this show. Yuck. Anyway, I doubt she's going to jail, she's probably breaking into jail because of some stupid plot twist that she needs to talk to someone in jail & this is the only way she can do it. Or maybe she gets herself deliberately arrested for the same reason.

I totally agree.  Emily is not going to end up in jail.

I totally agree.  Emily is not going to end up in jail.

Hmmm...I hope you are right, but I honestly doubt it, as there is a second picture that clearly shows that the setting is in a courtroom. For what reason should Emily be in a courtroom with an orange jumpsuit, if not for her own trial.

And as much as I hate her being in jail, it makes perfect sense. Victoria will get her hands on the flashdrive (thanks to Lousie), and she will it hand it over to the authorities.

The reason this makes perfect sense to me ist that it is still unclear whether there will be a 5th season, and they are already shooting the last episodes, so the writers have to wrap up the story in a way that gives them both options, ending it after season 4 and having a fith season. It was always pretty clear to me that a story worth telling for the fifth season could only be achieved by making Emily lose everything by the end of season 4, to take everything away from her by Victoria. And this means taking away her freedom, and her loved one(s), which means killing at least David (this time for real), as he has nothing to contribute to the story anymore. And of course anybody else would be fair game to, but I doubt they would kill of Nolan or Jack, as there has to be at least some hope left for her to come back in season 5 more ruthless and revengy than ever. :)

But if it ends in Season 4, I'm pretty sure it ends with her dead or finally free from the cycle of revenge though, not in jail. We'll see.

ABC has a habit of shelving low-rated shows and airing them in the summer. That's a definite sign a show is cancelled. Most networks don't like to announce the cancellation of an underperforming show because what few viewers it has might decide it's not worth watching anymore. Something like Lost can get away with it because it was structured long before it was done airing. Even when a show is cancelled, you only know it because it's not on the schedule. No network likes to highlight failure.

The least satisfying and most likely scenario is that ABC is still on the fence over Season 5, so the producers have to manufacture a cliffhanger. At the same time, the low ratings will prevent it from coming back, therefore leading to a set up that will never be resolved.

If the producers ramp up to the end it was a big mistake not to announce this as the last season from the beginning, then maybe the writing wouldn't have suffered that much since there would have been no need to drag out storylines for too long or add characters with no purpose at all than dragging the story out like Ben for example.

This is what happens when you not only drag a series on longer than it should've been and then forcing in a plot twist like David Clarke to try and prolong something that shouldn't have happened.  1 season later and it's more conclusive than ever and yet they're still dragging things out.

Hmmm...I hope you are right, but I honestly doubt it, as there is a second picture that clearly shows that the setting is in a courtroom. For what reason should Emily be in a courtroom with an orange jumpsuit, if not for her own trial.

And as much as I hate her being in jail, it makes perfect sense. Victoria will get her hands on the flashdrive (thanks to Lousie), and she will it hand it over to the authorities.

The reason this makes perfect sense to me ist that it is still unclear whether there will be a 5th season, and they are already shooting the last episodes, so the writers have to wrap up the story in a way that gives them both options, ending it after season 4 and having a fith season. It was always pretty clear to me that a story worth telling for the fifth season could only be achieved by making Emily lose everything by the end of season 4, to take everything away from her by Victoria. And this means taking away her freedom, and her loved one(s), which means killing at least David (this time for real), as he has nothing to contribute to the story anymore. And of course anybody else would be fair game to, but I doubt they would kill of Nolan or Jack, as there has to be at least some hope left for her to come back in season 5 more ruthless and revengy than ever. :)

But if it ends in Season 4, I'm pretty sure it ends with her dead or finally free from the cycle of revenge though, not in jail. We'll see.

I would hate for another forced cliffhanger plot twist, especially after wasting time on David Clarke and that went nowhere fast.  The Maclolm Black and Natalie thing went nowhere.  He's just another character dangling out there with nothing better to do.  After Emily went back to being Amanda and exposing her secrets to the public, there's really nothing important they could do.  I've seen plenty of tired and exhausted series before, but this one takes the cake, it's like a never ending after credits sequence that has multiple endings but still keeps going long after it should've ended.