Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Kelly Sullivan is 37.

Sorry about that but I really did believe she was well into her forties.  Not being nasty but IMHO she looks like she is in her forties.  Even my husband when he saw a magazine  I was looking at thought that Sage was too old to be paired with Nick

I am not bashing any of these ladies' looks as they all are very attractive and could put a lot of younger women to shame.I would love to look half as good as any one of them!! But I have to agree that KS and GT both look older than their real ages.MS always looked older than JM but she is a beautiful woman for her age.It doesn't help that JM just has a boyish face and is going to look years younger than most any woman he is put with.The same when he was with Maura West who is also very attractive and I think even younger than him in real life.JMHO

• Love 2

Nick was with Diane Jenkins? How did I miss/forget that? Maura West is two years older than Joshua Morrow. The site I went on listed a bunch of Y&R actor's ages which I found interesting. Just to save time I will list them by character name and the actor's real age: Nikki - 69; Sharon - 44; Ashley - 56; Lauren - 52; Victoria - 42; Michael - 57; Victor - 74; Jill - 66. The only surprise to me is Lauren - I thought TB was a few years older but I think it is her hair that drags her down.

I have often wondered what would have happened with the show if Michelle Stafford had not left. There is no way she could have pulled of being madly in love with Jack. Maybe back when they were first together, but once she was paired with Joshua Morrow she made it very obvious that she thought she should be with a hot young guy, and I never bought her with Jack again. GT does a fabulous job as Phyllis now and I totally buy her being totally in love with Jack.

• Love 4

Nick was with Diane Jenkins? How did I miss/forget that? Maura West is two years older than Joshua Morrow. The site I went on listed a bunch of Y&R actor's ages which I found interesting. Just to save time I will list them by character name and the actor's real age: Nikki - 69; Sharon - 44; Ashley - 56; Lauren - 52; Victoria - 42; Michael - 57; Victor - 74; Jill - 66. The only surprise to me is Lauren - I thought TB was a few years older but I think it is her hair that drags her down.

I have often wondered what would have happened with the show if Michelle Stafford had not left. There is no way she could have pulled of being madly in love with Jack. Maybe back when they were first together, but once she was paired with Joshua Morrow she made it very obvious that she thought she should be with a hot young guy, and I never bought her with Jack again. GT does a fabulous job as Phyllis now and I totally buy her being totally in love with Jack.

Urm, MTS is 59.

• Love 2

I love Mariah. "I'm trying to strike a seductive pose but I don't know what to do with my hands" I loved that!

I do think Greg Rikaart is kind of cute...

It is like she said that off the cuff, she delivers lines so naturally!  I love GR, he is a cutie, love his smiley smirk!  I too hope this doesn't spoil their act and hope they don't now get all kissy face and start doing the nasty everywhere!  LOL

• Love 6

I agree about Sage. I swear I have tried to like this character but the actress' odd  mannerisms and  little acting tics are so annoying and distracting to me I just don't have any thing to like about her. She just does not register with me in any way. I also resent all the propping they are giving to her and Nick. I don't like to be forced or coerced into liking a couple or character and I resent them punishing Sharon to prop them up. Sharon has had so much taken from her why can't they use another character to tear down in order to prop others? It is just so tired and old by now.Let Sharon have her own story away from Nick. Let her be happy for awhile.

OMG Ray Wise singing today CRACKED.ME.UP!!  So glad he is back!  

Getting tired of seeing Marissa with her mouth gaping open.  Kevin and Mariah finally!  So now Phyllis is naive...ok....

I am so loving this man! He is just fabulous! 

• Love 10

Ray Wise singing may have been the best scene I have watched on this show this year. Since I had looked up some other actors' birthdays I thought I would look up his. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we share a birthday. RW is 68 and turned 10 on the day I was born. : )

• Love 10

Ray Wise singing may have been the best scene I have watched on this show this year. Since I had looked up some other actors' birthdays I thought I would look up his. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we share a birthday. RW is 68 and turned 10 on the day I was born. : )

That's awesome UNF !! He is a very handsome man for his age!

• Love 5

Slowpokey

That's awesome UNF !! He is a very handsome man for his age!

This - a thousand times.  This man is forcing me to watch something I hate because he's so awesome.  I can't believe they had enough intelligence to bring him back, and hope they have enough to find a way to keep him on.

• Love 10

This - a thousand times.  This man is forcing me to watch something I hate because he's so awesome.  I can't believe they had enough intelligence to bring him back, and hope they have enough to find a way to keep him on.

Glad you are back Movinon! I agree 100 percent! Ray Wise is just too fabulous for words!!!

• Love 5

Glad you are back Movinon! I agree 100 percent! Ray Wise is just too fabulous for words!!!

Hey - Pokey!  I never left the board, as you know, just quit commenting because there was nothing to say.  My FF finger and my Snark were both broken, but I still taped and read the board.  For now, Phyllis is watchable, Kevin always has my attention, and the relationship with Mariah is good - hope they aren't going to ruin it.  Jack needs some balls, and I still refuse to give up on Joe - he is too hot to waste.  God, with vodka, I find I can even watch Victor, as long as he's talking to Kevin.  I will not comment on the rest because it would be potty in my mouth,  Sharon is headed down Pratt's elevator to nowhere again, so I won't be watching that, ditto to the entire Winters clan, and the Newman nitwits.  My exception is Johnny - I will always watch whichever one is shown. I am still so pissed at Michael and his wobbly weenie that I don't even care that Pratt is trying to undo his mistake.  Poor Ian needs singing lessons, but I would watch him peel boiled eggs - fantastic man. I am still praying for the grim reaper to come for the Wooden One, Stitch, Victor, Phelps, and Chucky - any, (preferably all) would make me happy.

• Love 8

I think they changed the character of Phyllis because everyone seemed to hate her - problem is, I think everyone just hated Michelle Stafford, not necessarily the character.  Very few of us actually liked Michelle Stafford, and I admit to being in that minority (ducking, here to avoid the stoning.)  I enjoy watching her on GH and love the mixture of Nina and Franco.  I think maybe TPTB misinterpreted it as a dislike of the character and tried to sweeten her up.  I don't dislike GT and I'm sure she could handle a Phyllis with a bit more fire and fury.

Edited to say I'm sure this belongs in a different thread - just not sure which one.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 8

I have to agree crosby, they have done a 180 on Phyllis...she was always ME ME ME now we are supposed to believe it is only about everyone else in her orbit?!

It is ridiculous and I don't like it. I always liked Phyllis because she was outrageous, aggressive, crazy as a loon and would do whatever she damn well pleased.. and to hell with what anyone though. She reacted first and then tried to get herself out of shit. Now she is a fucking bore.

Very few of us actually liked Michelle Stafford, and I admit to being in that minority (ducking, here to avoid the stoning.)

LMAO I do know what ya mean but I just can't help myself. I loved her version of Phyllis and her over the top ways. I miss crazy Phyllis.

• Love 2

Hey - Pokey!  I never left the board, as you know, just quit commenting because there was nothing to say.  My FF finger and my Snark were both broken, but I still taped and read the board.  For now, Phyllis is watchable, Kevin always has my attention, and the relationship with Mariah is good - hope they aren't going to ruin it.  Jack needs some balls, and I still refuse to give up on Joe - he is too hot to waste.  God, with vodka, I find I can even watch Victor, as long as he's talking to Kevin.  I will not comment on the rest because it would be potty in my mouth,  Sharon is headed down Pratt's elevator to nowhere again, so I won't be watching that, ditto to the entire Winters clan, and the Newman nitwits.  My exception is Johnny - I will always watch whichever one is shown. I am still so pissed at Michael and his wobbly weenie that I don't even care that Pratt is trying to undo his mistake.  Poor Ian needs singing lessons, but I would watch him peel boiled eggs - fantastic man. I am still praying for the grim reaper to come for the Wooden One, Stitch, Victor, Phelps, and Chucky - any, (preferably all) would make me happy.

Aww I know how you feel Movinon! I have to take a break every now and then. I know I will most likely take one during the baby stealing with Sharon. I don't think I will be able to watch that as it will just break my heart after it was done to Sharon and now they are making her do this to another mother. They are some sick azz freaks writing this crap. Sorry I thought you meant you were back to watching the show again so my bad!!!  LOL  Just don't even think about leaving this board Missy!! You got that????LOL 

• Love 7

I love Phyllis and GT but agree they need to give her fire back. All the characters that were exciting and unpredictable are bland city and watered down. Phyllis and Adam have been written completely out of character for a yr.

The writing is very outlandish. Neil who has always been boring and predictable has become a batshit loon.

• Love 12

I am getting a kick out of him too. He also makes for a great nemesis for Victor because he is not held back by the ethical restraints that Jack has. Of course I still love Jack. He is one of the main reasons I watch this show.

• Love 8

Slowpokey

Sorry I thought you meant you were back to watching the show again so my bad!!!  LOL  Just don't even think about leaving this board Missy!! You got that????LOL

I am watching more right now than I have watched in over 3 months.  I just can't with Nick and Sage, the Winters crap, and the Newman's, which limits my watching.  Noah and Marissa are just not believable, although I like both characters - just not together.  Right now, Ian, Kevin, and Mariah are giving me something to look at.  LEAVE THIS BOARD? - not ever, unless I die.

• Love 6

Oh, movinon, we love you too!  And I think we may not have to put up with Noah schtupping his baby sitter for much longer, ahem. Hello, Handsome Stranger.

Uh huh, because Prince Matchabelli's in town! [For those of you old enough to remember that brand name...] And his name? Is he related to Suntori Japanese whisky?

And much as I'm loving every single moment with Ian-in-the-trailer-of-sabotage, I hit one of those Oh no Pearlite Fashion Moments!  Phyllis, I love you in your current incarnation, but STRAPPY HEELED SANDALS AND A CLUTCH IN THE WOODS?

• Love 4

Ugh. Now we have the Spanish Mafia? Sooooo bored with this whole storyline. And personally, I don't find Luca good looking at all - I think Noah is much better looking.

What am I missing? Abby thinks this whole brilliant concept of hers that is bringing in a gazillion sales  is soley because she changed the name of Chelsea's line to Chelsea 2.0? And Victor apparently is buying into it as well. Another totally unbelievable storyline.

Phyllis in strappy healed sandals in the woods doesn't surprise me in the least. She wore strappy healed sandals and bare legs in the middle of snow storm in Chancellor Park this past winter - to sit on a bench and visit with I forget who now. I was so distracted by the ridiculous wardrobe choice I totally blanked on the converstation.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4

So we have a Plastic Prince and Noah ducking it out for the lovely Drug Moll. Too late princey. She's been given the brain-numbing Newman sperm injection that turns savy, smart and somewhat shady women into some sort of Real Housewife Zombies who spend their lives tottering around, being catty, talking about men and being dumb. 

Thank Dog that Mariah failed to seduce Nick.

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 8

I must be awfully crabby today because every single show that I watched had someone who seriously needed to STFU.

Y&R: NosteraTurd can have a stadium full of caskets with his " We've both committed crimes Jack". Excusez moi? YOU got 4 people killed in GC and are responsible for Kelly along with the crew of the drug ship. Total= 17 asshat! None of those folks would have died if YOU hadn't brought Marco to town. 

GH: Morgan needs an elephant tranquilizer STAT. The tongue bathing of Scummy Corinthos by everyone can stop any. time.

B&B: Brooke needs to stop squinting and MHOFB.   Thomas, just go away. 

DOOL: Abifail, please. just. stop. 

I really need to turn the TV off when I am home alone. *sigh*

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 11

Exactly. Nobody gives a fuck about the deaths of a torturing kidnapper rapist or human traffickers. It was self defense and Turd can't prove anything and if asshole tried he'd have to explain HOW Jack got in this scenario in the first damn place -thus incriminating himself- and also nobody gives a shit about their rotting corpses.

Jack should just call Turds bluff already.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 10

Exactly. Nobody gives a fuck about the deaths of a torturing kidnapper rapist or human traffickers. It was self defense and Turd can't prove anything and if asshole tried he'd have to explain HOW Jack got in this scenario in the first damn place -thus incriminating himself- and also nobody gives a shit about their rotting corpses.

Jack should just call Turds bluff already.

He should. But he won't. Pratt continues to present this as reality: that Jack IS as guilty or at least guilty enough to end up in prison. It's nonsense and finally revealed to me the depths of Pratt's stupidity (or his conviction that the audience is stupid). Phyllis is written to believe it. Jack is not shown to be acting irrationally and therefore confused. In Pratt's world, Jack is guilty. So this shit keeps getting repeated again and again and again with Victor saying it and Jack looking shifty.

And why wouldn't Jack tell Billy and Ashley? Even if he doesn't want to go the police he can't trust his siblings to put his interests first? It's unreal writing.

And now with Sharon we are to believe a woman who voluntarily commits herself for some low-key treatment would be in the same part of a facility as a woman who was convicted of attempted murder and shipped off to a maximum security prison two (or three) years ago? Please. 

And no way in HELL Jack, the victim, wouldn't be told Patty has been moved to a low (or no) security sanitarium in GC, minutes from his house. A place she has escaped before.

• Love 16

I must be awfully crabby today because every single show that I watched had someone who seriously needed to STFU.

Y&R: NosteraTurd can have a stadium full of caskets with his " We've both committed crimes Jack". Excusez moi? YOU got 4 people killed in GC and are responsible for Kelly along with the crew of the drug ship. Total= 17 asshat! None of those folks would have died if YOU hadn't brought Marco to town. 

GH: Morgan needs an elephant tranquilizer STAT. The tongue bathing of Scummy Corinthos by everyone can stop any. time.

Ah hell, I turn it on when I get home, when the Kangaroo Blanc beckons and I try to forget students and faculty...

Excuse the digression, but there is a connection here. For fellow Canadians, I switched to Bell Wireless, which now means I have about 832 stations available. But, to rewrite that song, it's "832 channels and there's nothing on" at times. So...the connection...after not finding anything around 5:30PM, what do I find on time-shifting? B & B of course! Okay, the sets are a little better than current Y & R and it grinds like a classic soap in dialogue terms--take that as you will--and that cute kid [show age here] who used to be on GH [scott Something?] is on it, and Mr Diamond-on-Steroids, going for his Masters in One-Note-Soap-Acting [applying for the Hogestyn Emeritus Scholarship, no doubt]. And some young chipmunky-faced actor who looks like he was on Days. And that guy from AMC who used to teach at U of Michigan or something is filling the chiselled void left by Ronn Moss. The make-up on the show is vile, though...

• Love 5

LOL--P&E and pearlite--I heart both of your posts--especially enjoyed the critigue of B&B where I have gone for refuge from Grampire and Stupor girl and Sagebrush etc ---they do have great sets and it was fun for awhile but now it is making me angry too---Love the Hogestyn Emeritus Scholarship but gee I can think of a lot of candidates for that---

So hating on Abby these days and she must be taking up the spoiled princess slack for the vacationing Dummer--hope she stays away as long as possible---I could make a laundry list of obnoxious characters but the real problem is Upchuck's writing or lack thereof---so not looking forward to another Fairview storyline or the ongoing ick that is Jack and Victor----Ray Wise is my only tiny ray of sunshine and I am sure it will be tiny due to the less than adequate writing staff--

• Love 9

LOL--P&E and pearlite--I heart both of your posts--especially enjoyed the critigue of B&B where I have gone for refuge from Grampire and Stupor girl and Sagebrush etc ---they do have great sets and it was fun for awhile but now it is making me angry too---Love the Hogestyn Emeritus Scholarship but gee I can think of a lot of candidates for that---

So hating on Abby these days and she must be taking up the spoiled princess slack for the vacationing Dummer--hope she stays away as long as possible---I could make a laundry list of obnoxious characters but the real problem is Upchuck's writing or lack thereof---so not looking forward to another Fairview storyline or the ongoing ick that is Jack and Victor----Ray Wise is my only tiny ray of sunshine and I am sure it will be tiny due to the less than adequate writing staff--

Hi Oly! Haven't read you for a while.

One other thing I noticed, and Y & R used to have more of it--the actors actually eat on the show. One couple mashed up avocados and so on, made guac, and ate it with corn chips--no body mics, I guess. Whereas Jack, Phyllis, and the lot are back to poking what looks like salad and no fork goes near a mouth. I know actors don't like eating when they're working, but it was a surprisingly endearing touch.

Yeah, Abby. I actually liked the recast for a while, and she is attractive, but...between the way she's written and her link-up with Dr Doughboy, there's nothing left there. I know she' s propping the Paragon thing, but I've long since ceased to care.

• Love 5

OMG Patsy & Eddie...if I could, I would totally marry this post have it's baby & shoot it in the head while giving birth!!

Seriously!! YES to everything you said!!! Every show is getting on my last nerve....but dang, there are still the few actors I just gotta watch for.....

I just don't get how they keep shuffling all these non-creative one trick pony writers from one show to the next and they keep repeating the same stupid tired predictable crap. Predictable stories that just keep repeating. We know who the winners & losers are gonna be...the newest regimes faves & pets. It makes me sad...soaps used to be so much more creative.

(I know some stories need to repeat cause that's just life but with different actors & situations, surely they can make it all a bit more original...can't they??? Can't they??)

SIGH.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 8

I don't know how some of these people continue to work because their stuff is pure dreck. It's the same nonsense recycled with different actors and music. I swear the writers think we are all morons who have complete memory loss.

Monkeys With Typewriters?

• Love 6

I'd like to be all smart and analytical, but..

Neil, you're not just a nurse practitioner, but a renovator? He's got skills coming out his proverbial ears here. And, even with you, Gwen, I still don't care.

[but ya know what, Neil, drop by my house next time you're up here--I gather you were in Banff or something in Alberta, so by Show's geographical reasoning re Canada, it ought to be a hop, skip, and jump to southern Ontario.]

Dr Doughboy, where did you get the money even to work up that fantasy about flitting around France, chateaux, and the rest of Euuuuurope?

Oh, and Sage, how very dear of you to want to do the books! What a gal! I still don't care.

The rest of it? Prince Matchabelli of the high hair and Victor Satan Super Pimp? Ah who cares?

Ian, you could move in next to me. Just wait til I lock Neil in to do the renovations.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 9

Apparently companies can now be bought and sold at the click of a mouse. Who knew? According to the writers the transaction is just like buying a bracelet on ebay. A billion dollars can just be transferred like that! Not even a contract needed. Does buying a shipping company include shipping and handling? It must be so fun to live in the brain of a Y&R writer. So much empty space to run around in.

• Love 13