Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Well, I see we are at the beginning of the Nick Newman redemption tour.  Will he go around making self-deprecating comments until everyone forgives his heinous behavior?  From what he said to Herb it sounded like someone has been reading these threads to him. 

I honestly think nick is too obtuse to understand even if they used only words he could understand.

• Love 5
(edited)
I did have a moment, though, at Marisa's massively unclosed [is that a word?] bathrobe.

I know. I thought WTF? Why are they laying it on so thick? She also did her whole answer the door soaking wet with a towel almost falling off the other day. She'd better be playing Noah to get his money or access to Victor or something because no way in hell would a woman like Marisa be remotely interested in this hang dog kid.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5

Holy Shit! I was only gone a few days, but a lot has happened.

The most important thing to talk about is the exit strategy the writers concocted for Prick.  So Prick tells Jack that he has blood on his hands for Dixie, er, Kelly’s death.  Plus a dozen or so people killed when the ship blew up.  And says he will be extradited and possibly be given a death sentence.  Wowza, Prick has solid prehistoric rock balls.  BTW, he was incredibly smug and condescending when Jack was ripping him a new one for, oh, I don’t know, kidnapping, torturing and almost killing him.

Back to the beginning.   (My PVR recorded intermittently due to emergency weather alerts, so I may have missed some bits.)

Prick is in Jack’s room when he wakes up.  Prick says: I am actually glad to see you Jack.  Jack:   Really, after you worked so hard to get rid of me?  Prick shrugs and says, you might think that.  Jack tells him that he is doing the talking now and Prick is going to listen.  Jack recounts the whole Marco replacement story and how outraged he is that Prick would go to these lengths.  Prick smugly tells him to calm down. Jack yells at him:  Don’t tell me to calm down, I am calling the shots now.  He says it was sick the way Prick used that poor woman’s broken mind.  He asked him if the plan was to have Kelly torture him until he died.  He talked about what he went through escaping and trying to get home.  He says Prick is going to pay for putting him through hell. Prick says he will not pay; maybe Kelly and Marco cooked up the whole plan.  He suggests that Jack is confused from his coma.  He says he had nothing to do with any of it.  Jack says:  you lie as easily as you breathe.  Hah! Prick confesses that when he shot Jack in the PARK, he thought it was Marco, who had already threatened him.  He shot him in self-defense:  how’s that?  Jack:  How’s that!  Why did you do it, why did you bring him to town?  Prick tells Jack to calm down, and not hurt himself.  He says that he became aware of a plot against his company a year ago, called the Paragon Project.  Jack asks him how he knew about that, who told him.  Prick says that he has his sources and he had to do something to protect himself and his company.  He says that if he had known it was Jack in the PARK he would never have shot him.  Jack:  But you did the pull the trigger.  Prick says that Jack is saying he did all these horrific things, but what about all the things that Jack did?  Prick says it sounds like Jack was responsible for Kelly’s demise.  Jack said he woke up and she was dead.  Prick:  Whoa, just like that, one minute she’s alive and then she is dead.  Prick tells Jack that Marissa told him that he caused the ship explosion that killed a dozen men.  He says that if Jack is arrested he has only a stupid alibi of her being dead when he woke up.  And the cargo ship deaths. Prick says Jack has a lot of things to think about:  You get my drift?  Jack is pissed that Prick is twisting everything to incriminate Jack.  Jack says there is another alternative, they could wage war against each other till no one is left standing.  But no, he doesn’t want to do that.  Jack finally says he will back Prick’s pathetic story and say that he had a gun when he went to the PARK.  He reminds Prick that they are not the only ones who know about Marco.  Prick tells Jack that Marco is dead, at the bottom of the lake.  Jack tells Prick that Gabe also knows about Marco being the imposter.  So while Jack agrees to keep up the ruse, he is supremely pissed at Prick.  I can only hope that this means he will seek revenge of some sort.  Ben shoos Prick out of the room, and then tells Jack he is concerned.  Jack says he is fine, and has one last favour to ask.

Dr. Ben tells Abby to take it easy after her car accident.  Gabe comes to visit and tells her that he is fine with the deal she made with the warehouse workers, even though she could have done better.  He really pumps her up and tells her not to worry about Billy, that he has his own agenda.  Ben is guilty and awkward when he talks to Abby.

Phyllis and Billy are going to try to steal some Gabe DNA to prove that he is not an Abbott.  I guess Coma Jack told them that.  Chelz overhears their plot and reaches out to Gabe because she is worried it will all come out.  Gabe is not too worried.  She wants Gabe to resign from Newbot.  She says it will cost him everything, including Connor.  He and Chelz go to his office and tell Billy and Phyllis that he is stepping down from Newbot.  They are suspicious.  They figure that Gabe is trying to hide something.  Billy confronts Gabe about not being Jack’s son.  Gabe is excited to learn that Jack is communicating with Phyllis, and that he may wake up soon.  He admits that Jack is not his father and that Jack was in on it.  They are incredulous.  He says Jack will vindicate him once he wakes up.  Phyllis says she smells a rat.  Ben calls her to tell her Jack is waking up.

Noah has confronted Marissa about Marco being her boyfriend and she confirms that he was in town during the murders.  She says she came to GC to find Marco but this was after the murders.  She tells him about the fight with Marco and the car accident and that Marco is dead in the lake.  Noah wants to go to the police but Marissa stops him, because Marco’s people will kill her if they find out.  He says he will stop them going to Chief Paul.   Kevin and Mariah show up at Dummer’s place where she is canoodling with Gnome to tell them about the Marco/Marissa connection.  For some reason they don’t want Kevvie going to Chief Paul with this info.  For some reason Dummer wants to protect Marissa.  Apparently she has learned from all of her false accusations against Sharon.  Noah shows up and tells the Scoobies that Marissa was truthful with him.  They all agree that Marco is a big bad guy who could have orchestrated the whole thing, but Noah stops them from calling the cops.  He wants to protect Marissa.  He is fine with not pursuing the killer.  Dummer is down with that.  Gnome eventually agrees, as do Kevvie and Mariah, but Mariah is not happy. Kevin later tells Mariah that they are going to go for a swim in the lake, presumably to search for proof of the accident.  Meanwhile, Marissa decides to get the hell out of Dodge and is packing her bags when Noah shows up.  They almost have sex but she says she doesn’t want to ruin things.  Ouch.  He leaves, and she breathes a sigh of relief.

Gabe and Chelz are having a drink and she says she is relieved that Gabe stepped down, but she leaves to pick up Connor alone.  Prick shows up and sits beside Gabe and orders a double tequila.  Gabe figures he is there because he knows about Gabe stepping down and admitting he is not Jack’s son.  Prick:  I’ll be damned.  Gabe says he won’t be seeing Gabe around, and plus that the gun he planted in Chelz’ apartment will be Gabe’s undoing.  Except, he says, that Jack is communicating with Phyllis and when he wakes up he will tell the truth.  Prick, smug as ever, says that when Jack wakes up he will set the record straight.

Chelz is talking to Connor and crying, and she appears to be upset with her conflicted feelings about Adam.

Phyllis, Billy, Abby and Ben are in Jack’s room and he is in a pretend coma now.  He opens his eyes, and they hug and they both cry.  Dummer and Gnome also show up.  Jack tells everyone that Prick is telling the truth, he shot him in self-defence.

Previews:  Vic to Abby:  maybe I am seething with jealousy that you stole my ex and my title, almost as if you planned it; Dick to Sage:  you had a DNA test done, you slept with Gabe, didn’t you?; Jack to Adam:  you want a life with Chelz, you keep your mouth shut and you follow my orders.

• Love 9

We knew, I guess, that Prick has to go free.  But it pained me to see Jack being so stupid.  If Jack accuses Prick of kidnapping him etc, how does that lead to Jack being extradited?  Marissa and Gabe can vouch for what Jack is saying.   I don't even care if Prick goes to jail but I need for everyone to know what he did, or I will never be happy.  

I guess they are going to go with the idea that Jack is protecting Phyllis from the trauma of having slept with Marco all that time, and since Jack himself had that experience with Patty, one could understand his thinking there.  But Drinki needs to know.  And Ashley.  And Victoria.

• Love 7

WTF is this Paragon Project?????

Another ridiculous Chuck Pratt rewrite.

So now Victor was "justified" for this Marco shit and acting in "self-defense" all along because JACK had been plotting OFF-SCREEN for over A YEAR in some super sekrit "Paragon Project" to destroy Victor's family & company???????

Oh yeah, and Jack could get the DEATH PENALTY (gimme a fucking break!) for accidentally "killing" the human traffickers who held him captive during his escape from their slave ship.

And Phyllis will never know she'd been RAPED by a drug lord for 4 months and should go to the clinic to get tested for STD's.

I hate this show. Why do I still watch? I give up.

• Love 11

I give up too. It was fucking unbelievable. Jack is lying in that bed looking like a stupid little boy or a marionette that Victor the smug Daddy-O is controlling. And this Paragon Project??????? OMFG. Come the fuck on, show. We don't get the pleasure of seeing a storyline of Jack going after Victor but it's used as an excuse for Victor to go nuclear on Jack AFTER THE FACT?????

We get no emotional payoff. Nothing. We don't even get a scene of Jack and Phyllis having a genuine reunion after all that shit they've been through. PB and GT pulled off as best as they could with their acting but we know it was partly bullshit. And then five seconds later he cops to pulling a gun on Victor????????

There is no way Jack would fall for this shit. No WAY anyone with a brain, or half a brain would be concerned he'd be extradited for killing a woman who has been declared LEGALLY DEAD. And the drug ship was a "ghost ship." There were no records of it or where it was or what happened to it and there sure as hell was no record of the dozen men "murdered" by Jack on it. FFS.

Jack doesn't have to give a shit about any of that. Just tell the cops about the shooting and the kidnapping and let them figure out the rest. So what if there is no proof of Marco. He family will believe him. aaargh.

But Jack doesn't know about Marco's murders of Austin and Courtney and Tobias. So now we'll get to see Jack get ARRESTED for what Marco did because some video footage of "him" will suddenly appear.

And the giving Phyllis clues makes sense to me now. She'll figure it out and Kevin will figure out the "2 Jacks" video etc.

But it's not good enough. Victor's smugness has reached a level I have never seen. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Does anyone have a cure for an exploded head right handy? Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking Movinon's Grey Goose in generous doses before you watch. Could also help after you watch, though probably less effective.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5

I give up too. It was fucking unbelievable. Jack is lying in that bed looking like a stupid little boy or a marionette that Victor the smug Daddy-O is controlling. And this Paragon Project??????? OMFG. Come the fuck on, show. We don't get the pleasure of seeing a storyline of Jack going after Victor but it's used as an excuse for Victor to go nuclear on Jack AFTER THE FACT?????

We get no emotional payoff. Nothing. We don't even get a scene of Jack and Phyllis having a genuine reunion after all that shit they've been through. PB and GT pulled off as best as they could with their acting but we know it was partly bullshit. And then five seconds later he cops to pulling a gun on Victor????????

There is no way Jack would fall for this shit. No WAY anyone with a brain, or half a brain would be concerned he'd be extradited for killing a woman who has been declared LEGALLY DEAD. And the drug ship was a "ghost ship." There were no records of it or where it was or what happened to it and there sure as hell was no record of the dozen men "murdered" by Jack on it. FFS.

Jack doesn't have to give a shit about any of that. Just tell the cops about the shooting and the kidnapping and let them figure out the rest. So what if there is no proof of Marco. He family will believe him. aaargh.

But Jack doesn't know about Marco's murders of Austin and Courtney and Tobias. So now we'll get to see Jack get ARRESTED for what Marco did because some video footage of "him" will suddenly appear.

And the giving Phyllis clues makes sense to me now. She'll figure it out and Kevin will figure out the "2 Jacks" video etc.

But it's not good enough. Victor's smugness has reached a level I have never seen. 

All of this miamama.  It's so weak, makes no sense whatsoever.  The only thing that remotely makes sense is he doesn't want Phyllis to know.  I saw a couple of scenes with her and Avery and Phyllis talking about the ordeal that Avery has been through.  They will likely have scenes of Jack explaining to Adam that Phyllis can never know what happened to her, and Adam going along with it.  And possibly even Billy will know.

Having said that, there is no reason for Jack to say Prick shot him in self-defense.  What is Prick going to do, tell the cops that it was Marco not Jack?  That part makes no sense whatsoever.

Also the astounding arrogance, the gall, the smug condescension of Prick knows no bounds. He should have been begging Jack's forgiveness, but first he lies, then he diverts.  Argh.  I hope Jack has a great revenge plan.

• Love 6

YAY!!!  Welcome back Bannana!  You were missed! Great recaps.(:

Thanks, Slowpokey and peacheslatour!  It is nice to missed.  I was very excited that my first recap back was the Prick/Jack confrontation.  Well, that was until it happened.  But still fun to recap.

I will be leaving again next week for about a week or so; big birthday for mr. bannana, so it's off to Vegas, baby.  It will be hot!  I will try to do recaps for the rest of this week, and then I will be back the latter part of the first week of August. 

• Love 6

Where's the Big Dramatic Payoff for all these months of watching this sh#$@ ????  When you write a story, there's a build-up, characters act true to their character and there is a payoff.  Good guys win, get the girl, and Snidely says "Curses, Foiled Again"  There is nothing but Victor tongue baths and Nick being lauded for a being a perfect father (is Faith in a closet this summer?)  At least in grand opera, EVERYBODY ends up dead.  This ain't even opry. 

• Love 7

After everything Jack has been through that scene was bullshit.

Jack should have returned to GC, still bruised and bloody, in filthy clothes, walked up to Victor in front of the whole town and shot him in "cold blood."

Then his "reasons" should have been investigated and Victor's plot exposed.

This polite pansy they have reduced Jack to is crap. He would not agree to ANYTHING Victor wants.

Why do I expect anything from these fucking writers? I deserve to be disappointed.

• Love 9

Thanks, Slowpokey and peacheslatour!  It is nice to missed.  I was very excited that my first recap back was the Prick/Jack confrontation.  Well, that was until it happened.  But still fun to recap.

I will be leaving again next week for about a week or so; big birthday for mr. bannana, so it's off to Vegas, baby.  It will be hot!  I will try to do recaps for the rest of this week, and then I will be back the latter part of the first week of August. 

Dang we will be missing your daily recaps but hey !! a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!! LOL Have a blast in Vegas and hope you win big!!! Happy Birthday in advance to Mr. Bannana!! (:

• Love 3

Is there anyone who can offer perhaps a smidgen of hope that Jack is somehow playing with Victor until he gets out of the hospital and can talk to his peeps,namely Adam and Marisa? I am hanging on by imagining Jackie has a sweet plan of revenge that will make Grampire's head explode.

I didn't see the show yesterday but I don't think I'm going to watch. Not in the mood to watch Chocula rock on his heels and chuckly smugly. :P

• Love 7

Paragon Project. Really, Pratt. Paragon Project? Well, good sir, I doff my cap to you.

I-quit-middle-finger.gif

You win. I surrender. I know the loss of one viewer is utterly meaningless, and the rising ratings will only feed the duh demon that obviously resides in Chuck Pratt, but I can't with this Jack/Victor stuff. Let's break it down again:

1. Kelly's death: On what planet is it not self-defense? I know, I know, Planet Uranus, where Victor is the Chief Hemorrhoid. Jack was kidnapped, heavily drugged, smashed in the face with a baseball bat, told his wife died, and placed in a straitjacket, among other things. IF he killed Kelly, it was under the influence of mind-altering drugs, psychological distress, or both. Also, self-defense.

2. The ship full of dirtbag human traffickers who purchased Jack in an auction. Yes, I'm sure international authorities will come down like the wrath of Zeus after the  hostage did whatever he could to escape being murdered by the people who bought him like he was a Happy Meal. Real sound logic.

There will never be any justice for Jack. Pratt's scripts are better used as toilet paper than for manufacturing entertainment.

• Love 18

I see they are continuing the Jack Abbott character assassination crusade.  I have been saying it for months, as much as I like PB, the way they write Jack is making me dislike and disrespect the character.  If he really is this much of a bush league lightweight, then he doesn't deserve to beat Turd.  Bring on someone who can, please.  It's never going to be Jack.

• Love 3

I didn't see the show yesterday but I don't think I'm going to watch. Not in the mood to watch Chocula rock on his heels and chuckly smugly. :P

Agreed. It's sitting on my DVR, but it's going to stay there.  Unless I hear about something good happening for one of the characters I give a shit about - Jack, Sharon, Kevin, Mariah, Adam, or (I can't believe I'm typing this) Phyllis - I'm not wasting my time anymore.

• Love 6

I'll just read re-caps. Bananacaps keep me in the mix without making me want to slam my head in a car door.

Jack vs. Victor has never been a rivalry, not really. I don't know if this is due to the influence of Eric Braeden or it's just a coincidence that no writer has thought, gee, wouldn't it be nifty if we switched up the dynamic and injected some fresh energy? All I've seen is a decades long trainwreck of bullying with one primarily sociopathic family preying on a family with some semblance of a conscience.

Look, Victor started his reign of terror by feeding baked rats to a man he kept imprisoned in his basement. The character has only gone downhill since. Being a high-functioning psychopath and possible sea monster adapted to land, Victor has no limits, no empathy, and no sense of personal danger. He has exploited women who are emotionally fragile and victimized his own family at times. The depth of his evil is beyond the understanding of the Abbotts, and thus they will never be capable of taking the necessary actions to stop Victor. It's not that the Abbotts are ineffective or lightweights; they just acknowledge the moral lines that are invisible to the dirty old demon.

• Love 8

sharon

Sharon

NinjaPenguins, on 22 Jul 2015 - 8:13 PM, said:

Does anyone have a cure for an exploded head right handy? Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking Movinon's Grey Goose in generous doses before you watch. Could also help after you watch, though probably less effective.

Watch what? I left again a few days ago when I read about bus pitching under certain ladies. A whole hour a day I can do more fun things like read recaps and watch riff traxs sharknado 2 or flea comb my cat.

• Love 4

There may be hope on the horizon.  Kevin and Mariah are going to the lake tomorrow to check out the car.  I'm betting there won't be a body.  We haven't seen the last of Marco.

• Love 6

I hate that they keep writing Jack as a stupid person. There is absolutely no reason why Jack would not have had Stitch hide a video recorder in Jack's room to get Victurd on record bragging about all the horrific things he did. Because you know damn well that is exactly what he is going to do. And really, after all that Jack and his family has endured at Victurd's hands, Jack is really going to believe that he will be in trouble for escaping from a ghost ship where he was held against his will and beaten daily? And some project named Paragon that no one has ever heard about until now is the reason Grambo will skate yet again? I don't normally wish ill on anyone, but it seems the only way we the viewers are going to escape The Victor Show is for EB to drop dead.

That reminds me, my father (who has been gone for 20 years now) used to watch Y&R with my Mom after he retired. But he never called it "The Young and the Restless". He called it "Victor". Smart man, my Dad.

• Love 11
(edited)

Well, it looks like they're going to drag out this Jack/Marco/Victor storyline longer than I thought. At this rate I'd say they might keep things going into September.

Yeah, I'm out again too. Didn't even last a week. I should have known that this would happen. Poor PB. I bet he hates how Jack is treated. I know I do.

Or...Perhaps he's waiting to see what sort of turn his story takes next(?). 

I understand everyone's frustration. That said, the words "Paragon Project" mean nothing to me. (I missed the segment where it was mentioned. Judging from what people are saying, it's for my own good.) The main thing that has me ticked off is the fact that Jack hasn't blown the lid off of Victor and his shenanigans. 

And yet...The only thing keeping me from being truly angry is my faith that there's a method to this madness. There must be. Already, it seems to me as though we're getting a tougher Jack. Who knows what lies ahead?

Mind you, I'm not well-versed in The Ways of Mr. Pratt. He's written on other projects that I've enjoyed. Thus far I've liked the Jack/Marco storyline. And though I hate some of the other things Pratt's done, I don't want to believe that he'd kill the only thing that's holding my interest these days. 

(Somewhere in the universe there are people shaking their heads at what I just said. I know.)

There may be hope on the horizon.  Kevin and Mariah are going to the lake tomorrow to check out the car.  I'm betting there won't be a body.  We haven't seen the last of Marco.

Amen to that. 

I've read that he and Jack will work together to defeat Victor. *crosses fingers*

That reminds me, my father (who has been gone for 20 years now) used to watch Y&R with my Mom after he retired. But he never called it "The Young and the Restless". He called it "Victor". Smart man, my Dad.

Oh my gosh. I love your dad! I mean, this show--who else is it about, eh? ;)

Edited by C76
  • Love 9
And yet...The only thing keeping me from being truly angry is my faith that there's a method to this madness. There must be. Already, it seems to me as though we're getting a tougher Jack. Who knows what lies ahead?

Mind you, I'm not well-versed in The Ways of Mr. Pratt. He's written on other projects that I've enjoyed. Thus far I've liked the Jack/Marco storyline. And though I hate some of the other things Pratt's done, I don't want to believe that he'd kill the only thing that's holding my interest these days. 

(Somewhere in the universe there are people shaking their heads at what I just said. I know.)

Amen to that. 

I've read that he and Jack will work together to defeat Victor. *crosses fingers*

After today's CDN, seeing a much tougher-seeming Jack dealing with Gabriel, what I can see are parallels to Marco's personality--like stuff that's been latent or not needed in Jack as we've known him. I keep hoping Jack's got a longer-term scheme going here and is paying out his cards slowly.

A gal can hope, can't she? Beats the hideous righteousness of three Newmans--Victor, Nick, and Victoria. I could foresee a set-up there, in terms of characters.

• Love 5

You have no idea how much I hope you're right and all this is going to be worth it. To see Victor finally exposed to all of GC for all the horrible things he's done and to see them all be shocked and mortified by it. I'll check in occasionally to read up on what's going on. I just can't watch anymore because at this point I feel a bit like Charlie Brown and I am sick and tired of always having that football taken away right at the last moment. I hope I'm wrong this time. I would love to be wrong and that we all finally get to kick that football*

* And by football I mean Victor's wrinkled old nutsack.

• Love 6

c76 quote

He's written on other projects that I've enjoyed. Thus far I've liked the Jack/Marco storyline. And though I hate some of the other things Pratt's done,

Pratt's writing reminds me of a saying:  "Every good lie has a little truth in it."

• Love 3

After today's CDN, seeing a much tougher-seeming Jack dealing with Gabriel, what I can see are parallels to Marco's personality--like stuff that's been latent or not needed in Jack as we've known him. I keep hoping Jack's got a longer-term scheme going here and is paying out his cards slowly.

A gal can hope, can't she? Beats the hideous righteousness of three Newmans--Victor, Nick, and Victoria. I could foresee a set-up there, in terms of characters.

Yeah, guys. Today's Canadian was a vast improvement. Doesn't erase "Paragon Project" or whatever the fuck that is but Jack is working something and he was good with Adam.  He was smart and way angrier and tougher than pre-torture Jack and thinking and is plotting something. As I said it's not the emotional payoff we should have had but it's not over. Pratt just wants to milk this, as C76 says, as long as possible.

Some good things were Ashley was awesome -- especially with Victor. She was kickass smart and funny. "What is this? The wild west?"

Paul also came across as smarter in this episode than perhaps EVER. Even Cricket had some intelligent sounding lines. In other words, they sounded like law enforcement and not a joke. 

There was a funny moment when Ashley and Phyllis were talking and Phyllis said something like: "Do you think I imagined the hand squeezes?" and Ashley kind of freaked on her and said "I didn't SAY THAT!" and I felt like ED went into the mode she would when acting with MS. It was an over-reaction to this Phyllis. Made me laugh.

• Love 7
(edited)

You have no idea how much I hope you're right and all this is going to be worth it. To see Victor finally exposed to all of GC for all the horrible things he's done and to see them all be shocked and mortified by it. I'll check in occasionally to read up on what's going on. I just can't watch anymore because at this point I feel a bit like Charlie Brown and I am sick and tired of always having that football taken away right at the last moment. I hope I'm wrong this time. I would love to be wrong and that we all finally get to kick that football*

* And by football I mean Victor's wrinkled old nutsack.

I understand everything you're saying. The thing is, though, something tells me that Victor's reign of insanity will never, ever be truly over. History show's us that he's always gotten away with something.

I remember back when he was married to Leanna Love, and he had wronged her*. I was sure he'd be in trouble. SURE!!

Somehow, the greasy bastard turned the situation around, and it was all Leanna's fault. Whether he's ruining a corporation or a life, I think it's fair to say that Victor has yet to suffer any lasting consequences for his actions.

As for the Jack/Marco debacle, thus far, I'm not entirely thrilled about where this is going. I want Jack to tell Phyllis what's up--in spite of the fact that it'll hurt her to know who she's been sleeping with. I want Victor's head on a stick. But I'm trying to be patient and believe that some sort of grand humiliation is in store. Destroying Victor can't come via instant carnage. It'll take some plotting, and I want to see what said plotting entails.

*Ok. Maybe Victor didn't wrong Leanna. But I remember something happened that was his fault, and Victor blamed her for it. He took her down like she was The Worst Person In The World.

Edited by C76
  • Love 7

I'm wondering if the show did a tweak of the writing to acknowledge Phyllis's rape by Marco -- or at least the grossness of it, if not using the word "rape." Jack is written to be pretty horrified by it and unwilling to let Phyllis know that as he said "night after night she's been...[unspeakable]."

I seriously think Pratt and JFP were surprised by Logan's interview and the twitter reaction to sex with a doppelgänger and rejigged. Jack was initially probably blackmailed (which he is) but not as focused on protecting Phyllis from the truth.

It would be pretty stupid in this day and age to dismiss something most viewers see as rape.

• Love 6
(edited)

miamama quote

1.Jack is working something and he was good with Adam.  He was smart and way angrier and tougher than pre-torture Jack and thinking and is plotting something.

2.Jack is written to be pretty horrified by it and unwilling to let Phyllis know that as he said "night after night she's been...

1.  Others have mentioned that Jack seems to have 'nutted up' and it makes me wonder if mayhaps there has been another switch.  Kevin and Mariah aren't going to find Marco in that lake.  Just maybe, Marco and Marisa and Phyl have put Marco in the bed as 'coma Jack' and real Jack is off safely in a clinic getting treatment from real doctors, (hopefully, not the one Phyl was in).

2.  This could blow my whole theory, but I don't know when he did this-was he still in 'I can hear you, but you can't hear me' mode?  Did he 'tell' Phyl off camera everything that happened and then work out a plan with Marisa and Marco?  I don't know because I don't watch the show, Pratt. Ya hear me?

Plenty of room at the I Quit-Aint Gonna Watch No More table.

Edited by MollyB
  • Love 5

I have often thought PB's face had the appearance of a guy who likes his booze, ruddy complexion and glassy eyes.  Some days he looks really rough.  

The show is giving me a giant headache playing who's who.......guess what  "I'm just not that into you SHOW!"

• Love 3
(edited)

^^I don't think it's Marco. I think Jack has gone darker. He's also not sharing his plan - even with Adam. He was lying to Victor about a "truce." He intends to go at him hard. Though I have very little hope he will actually win a round, I do have some hope after yesterday's Cdn.

Victor is looking like a nut with the smirk and constant raising of eyebrows. Not sure what EB is trying to convey but it's not working.

Pratt should have ended yesterday's US with Jack telling Adam he is not taking Victor's shit. Having the episode end on a note of Victor as absolute winner was a serious turn off. And I suspect many viewers gave up. Stupid.

After 25 years of Victor kicking Jack's ass, that episode was unbearable.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10

Sorry, preverts, no recap yesterday, though I did manage to watch the episode.  It turns out now I won't be able to do recaps till I get back from Vegas, too much work to do before I go.  I really wanted to recap yesterday cause IT WAS AWESOME!  If we are going to be stuck with this idiotic storyline of Jack not exposing Prick because Prick threatened Jack with criminal charges IN TWO OTHER COUNTRIES WHERE HE WAS BEING HELD HOSTAGE, TORTURED AND ALMOST KILLED, it was at least nice to see Jack pissed off and vowing to take Prick down.

I wondered why Jack wouldn't confide in Paul in an off the record sort of way.  I am hoping he will at least confide in Drinki so that she doesn't fall back into Prick's clutches.  They are definitely using the rationale that Jack cannot bear for Phyllis to know that Marco was screwing the hell out of her ever since the honeymoon.  Speaking of Phyllis, I feel like she is not even the same character with GT's portrayal.  Which is fine by me.  She is spunky but not a vindictive narcissistic bitch.  I believe that she is madly in love with Jack.  The scenes with her and Ash in Jack's room were so surprising. They acted like real SILs.  Ash was telling Jack everything Phyllis did for him.

So whilst I am unhappy that Jack is covering for Prick, I am hopeful that there will be sweet revenge and Prick will finally take a fall.  With the possibility of a Marco return though, Jack needs to tell some people so they can be watchful just in case he gets replaced!

• Love 7

Have fun in Vegas with the Mr, Bannana. Miss your recaps. They help ease the pain on those horrid, horrid days.

She is spunky but not a vindictive narcissistic bitch.  I believe that she is madly in love with Jack.  The scenes with her and Ash in Jack's room were so surprising. They acted like real SILs.  Ash was telling Jack everything Phyllis did for him.

It's an amazing alliance, and friendship. I absolutely buy it. Now that Phyllis is clearly devoted to Jack, Ashley would trust her. Women constantly clawing at each other gets so damn tired on this show. Ashley was gold on yesterday's show, just not buying the crap Victor's selling and clearly disturbed by the High Noon confrontation in the park that everyone else seems to be taking in stride. They gave her some good lines and her brains back. I do recall Pratt saying he wanted to bring her to be an equal to Jack and Victor. Hope it happens. 

It is so much bullshit that Jack wouldn't scream about the Marco switch, proof or no proof. I'll give the show a teeny bit of rope because Jack is allowed to want to insanely protect his life with Phyllis right now. Both the (ludicrous though it is) possibility of him being in legal trouble and Phyllis being horrified by the months of rape are threats to his life with her. But if this carries on more than a day or two I'm going to get impatient as hell.

• Love 9
(edited)

Have fun in Vegas with the Mr, Bannana. Miss your recaps. They help ease the pain on those horrid, horrid days.

It's an amazing alliance, and friendship. I absolutely buy it. Now that Phyllis is clearly devoted to Jack, Ashley would trust her. Women constantly clawing at each other gets so damn tired on this show. Ashley was gold on yesterday's show, just not buying the crap Victor's selling and clearly disturbed by the High Noon confrontation in the park that everyone else seems to be taking in stride. They gave her some good lines and her brains back. I do recall Pratt saying he wanted to bring her to be an equal to Jack and Victor. Hope it happens. 

It is so much bullshit that Jack wouldn't scream about the Marco switch, proof or no proof. I'll give the show a teeny bit of rope because Jack is allowed to want to insanely protect his life with Phyllis right now. Both the (ludicrous though it is) possibility of him being in legal trouble and Phyllis being horrified by the months of rape are threats to his life with her. But if this carries on more than a day or two I'm going to get impatient as hell.

Yes, Ashley, whom I've always liked, is finally given decent dialogue! And ED sure seems to be enjoying her scenes now.

OTOH, we have the BroDuo of Loaf and Groot manning it up. Eugh.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 5

Was this the Lying Liarpants episode? I do so love thematic linkage. Saves my bothering to make connections, and saves energy on the part of the writers.

Liars Past and Present: Sage, Marisa, Sharon, Gabadam [who is now FerretFace to me], and Nickus. And who didn't get forgiven? Ferretface, as of today. I'm giving Chelsea less than a day to break down the stone wall she's trying to put up [i'm avoiding the verb erect here.]

But, we were treated to some yeasty couch sex. Mmmmm, nothing says loving like something from [or in] the oven...

• Love 6
(edited)

Speaking of horrid horrid days miamama, today was one.  Oh, it was painful and boring.  Real quick:

• Kevin and Mariah go scuba diving in Lake Delaney and find the car but no Marco and they tell Marissa and Noah.
  • Sharon bonds with Sage while at the hospital for check-ups and Sage tells her she screwed around on Dick and he is pissed.  Later Sharon has a melt down with Dylan cause she is afraid he is going to leave her. I guess she really is off her meds.
  • Gabe and Dick have it out sort of, and Chelz walks in and defends Sage.  Gabe suggests she is a liar.  Eventually he tells Chelz that he screwed Sage and he might be the baby herb's father.  Chelz says she is really truly forever and all time done with him and stomps out. He follows her to the penthouse and she tells him he cannot see Connor anymore and slams the door in his face.
  • Dick doesn't show up for the herbling check up and now Sage realizes she just needs to move out, but at the end, he's all, I don't care who the baby daddy is cause I love me some Sage on my pork.
  • Ben and Abby go to her old room at the GCAC to reminisce about the fun times they had rooming together which led to their tryst and now romance.
  • And, Noah introduced Marissa to sliders (I just had to say that).

Previews:  Prick to Vic and someone:  No more secrets, no more lies, and Vic to Prick:  Tell me the truth Dad, what happened between you and Jack in the PARK;   Paul to Christine:  I went to arrest Gabe Bingham and he skipped town; Gabe to Billy (yelling):  Go hold your children, tell Victoria that you love her, stop trying to me make suffer, I am suffering plenty.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 10