Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

So it appears that Kyle will take his douche game pro and be the massive shitwad who blows up his dad’s Abbott-ness. It is small comfort that Vyle would himself be de-Abbotted. The mobile chunnel known as Billy will be the only adult male Abbott. I’m sure that’s just a coincidence.

I think @HeatLifer sagely suggested awhile back that they might as well just call Billy "Jack" now and be done with it.

I think I can see where this is going. Kyle is Young Jack. Arrogant and reckless and way too big for his britches. He will think he's playing Victor to help Jabot so he can show his dad he's awesome. It is true that the Abbott pathology (for Jack and Ashley in any case) is Daddy's Love Comes Through Jabot. And he will stupidly somehow tell or unwittingly leak to Victor that Jack is not John's son. Jack will find out in the most horrific way possible (during May sweeps I expect). He'll probably, like John, have a heart attack or stroke or to change it up for 2018 pop pills again and almost OD. Young Jack, aka Kyle, will be devastated and spend his life trying to make it up to his dad while always being kinda bad, just like his father before him (with Jack it was taking Jabot public and causing his father's stroke -- this was mentioned a fair bit during the Ashley paternity outing). 

As Jack is wrecked/in hospital or at least unable to work WHO do you think will be crowned the ONLY LEGITIMATE KING OF JABOT AND THE ABBOTT FAMILY? (Because Ashley nee Davis is INEXPLICABLY determined to work at Newman right now????!!! Traci only comes for the odd visit. Kyle and Abby are NON-Abbotts too.)

You guessed it. NEVERINAMILLIONYEARSBilly who has suddenly resumed his Jabot career.

oh my god. Jill Abbott's baby (born in the 1990s) is the only legitimate Abbott. Bill Bell must just be dancing in heaven.

• Love 13
17 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't know but I hate it when they use animals as props because I tend to get attached. ;,-(

Oh me too!

OTOH, peaches, since you're a Rear Window fan, maybe a random dog could appear and get digging in The Poor People's Projected Vegetable Garden? Kind of like the "balcony couple's" dog in RW?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Oh me too!

OTOH, peaches, since you're a Rear Window fan, maybe a random dog could appear and get digging in The Poor People's Projected Vegetable Garden? Kind of like the "balcony couple's" dog in RW?

I mute the TV and look away during "that scene". It would be funny if some dog found JT's corpse.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Billy will be the only adult male Abbott. I’m sure that’s just a coincidence

Fuck Mal Young to hell. Damn this makes me furious. Anything to boost Billy. What's next? Billy ousts Jack from the "Abbott" manse and moves his squeeze back in with him? FOAD, Mal.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, bannana said:

I cannot believe that I forgot about this, thank you, @Zevim.  How Neil even gets to talk to Devon, let alone profit off of his billions, is ridiculous.

No kidding. Devon was just sitting there seething. I believe he was right to not launch into his father in front of Lily (though maybe he ought to have done), but I found myself wishing Devon had booted Neil's opinionated and self-righteous ass off that sofa and pushed him out the door. He should have just shoved him back off to wherever it is he'd been spending most of his time. How much did old Neil invest in HW Group anyway? A hundred bucks? I thought the erstwhile Neil Winters was at HW at Devon's largesse, not the other way around. His reemergence just reinforced how much I've come to disdain his presence. I'm glad KSJ is healthy, but honestly I didn't really miss him much, and I can totally do without his character's sanctimonious edicts.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I don’t think Victor owes Jack his undying thanks. He did steal from him while he was there. 

Kyle says it’s too warm for a fire? It may be warm in LA, but I think there’s still snow in Wisconsin. 

A friend of ours [driving back from Winnipeg to TO] is currently stuck in Eau Claire WI with a broken transmission, and yes, piles of snow there at the moment.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, pearlite said:

A friend of ours [driving back from Winnipeg to TO] is currently stuck in Eau Claire WI with a broken transmission, and yes, piles of snow there at the moment.

Eau Claire!  Many, many moons ago, I was on a bus back to Chicago from Minneapolis and there was a guy on the bus who flipped out and injured another passenger so badly he had to be taken off the bus in Eau Claire and taken to the hospital.  I had to get off as well to make a police report.  It was about 1am and the bus left, stranding me there.  The cop who took my statement then had me ride with him the rest of the night as he patrolled.  It was unforgettable - Eau Claire had some local crazies on parade that night.  Ahhh, riding Greyhound could be a trip in more ways than one back then.

4 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

victor signed himself out against doctor's orders.

He's clawed his way out of the charnel pit often enough, skittering from the hospital on all 8 of his spider legs is a piece of cake for him.

And Helen is nuts.

Edited by boes
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, boes said:

Eau Claire!  Many, many moons ago, I was on a bus back to Chicago from Minneapolis and there was a guy on the bus who flipped out and injured another passenger so badly he had to be taken off the bus in Eau Claire and taken to the hospital.  I had to get off as well to make a police report.  It was about 1am and the bus left, stranding me there.  The cop who took my statement then had me ride with him the rest of the night as he patrolled.  It was unforgettable - Eau Claire had some local crazies on parade that night.  Ahhh, riding Greyhound could be a trip in more ways than one back then.

He's clawed his way out of the charnel pit often enough, skittering from the hospital on all 8 of his spider legs is a piece of cake for him.

And Helen is nuts.

Well, apparently Eau Claire does offer a first-rate gizzard platter with fried pickle chips... [Taken verbatim from friend's text]

When we get no Gloria, and are standing around waiting for Ravi, what do we get? A pointless female character, presumably some kind of counter-agent, put on the canvas to further erode Jack's judgment and prop up the nausea-inducing thought of Victor in the throes.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, miamama said:

I think I can see where this is going. Kyle is Young Jack. Arrogant and reckless and way too big for his britches. He will think he's playing Victor to help Jabot so he can show his dad he's awesome. It is true that the Abbott pathology (for Jack and Ashley in any case) is Daddy's Love Comes Through Jabot. And he will stupidly somehow tell or unwittingly leak to Victor that Jack is not John's son. Jack will find out in the most horrific way possible (during May sweeps I expect). He'll probably, like John, have a heart attack or stroke or to change it up for 2018 pop pills again and almost OD. Young Jack, aka Kyle, will be devastated and spend his life trying to make it up to his dad while always being kinda bad, just like his father before him (with Jack it was taking Jabot public and causing his father's stroke -- this was mentioned a fair bit during the Ashley paternity outing). 

As Jack is wrecked/in hospital or at least unable to work WHO do you think will be crowned the ONLY LEGITIMATE KING OF JABOT AND THE ABBOTT FAMILY? (Because Ashley nee Davis is INEXPLICABLY determined to work at Newman right now????!!! Traci only comes for the odd visit. Kyle and Abby are NON-Abbotts too.)

I agree I think this is where the story will go - but all of this will happen in the space of about two episodes and half of the events will probably happen off screen, so it will be a shit show. But seeing this made me think about something else I've been mulling and that's me wondering if we've ever had the kind of "Jack almost dies and everyone who was hating on him rushes to his bedside and forgives all" story like we see happen with Victor every year or so? I don't think I remember any scenes like this. Jack on his deathbed and everyone declaring how he's really so wonderful and they love him so? 

I'm guessing we haven't seen these scenes because Jack is not taken to such black, heinous depths like Victor is all the time? Victor kidnaps, murders, causes others to be murdered, takes advantage of the mentally ill, manipulates and controls his family, etc. etc. etc. So he's written as a villain most of the time, but because of the hold EB has on the show, has to periodically have the entire cast fawning at his feet and kissing his ring, so Victor almost dies and everyone forgives him everything. 

• Love 10

It's a new day in GC.

Drinki and Vic are having breakfast at the GCAC.  Vic looks terrible and is almost in tears.  She tells her mom she cannot sleep, she just relives everything.  Drinki tells her it is not her fault, that she is the one who stopped JT.  And she says with time it will get better.  Vic is grateful to her mom, and then tells her she needs to take a sick day until she can get over her anxiety.  Drinki agrees, and Vic leaves.  As Drinki goes to leave she sees Arturo in the dining room, and strolls over to say hello.  He asks her to join him, and she asks him if he really was unavailable last night.  He says he was.  She tells him Prick knows she is seeing someone, and he wonders if he should be worried and she says no.  She invites him for an early lunch upstairs in the suite, hold the food.  Wait, Drinki is the new hands-on CEO of NE and she is going to spend her second day boinking her boy toy?

Reed arrives at the Ranch to visit Prick.  Prick is still pretty feeble and squeaky voiced.  Prick says they should play chess, and Reed sighs, about more chess lessons, and says he really wants to know about his dad.  Prick says he doesn't want to talk about it, and says he just got home from the hospital.  He says he wants to play chess.  Reed says he will play him and if he wins, he gets to ask questions about his dad.

Devon is at his desk and Hil arrives all cheery and wants to have a chat with him.  He tells her he has a video conference call about to start.  He says if it is about the show she can set up a time with Tessa.  Hil thinks he is being harsh and unrealistic.  He wants her to respect his boundaries.  He starts his meeting.  Hil sighs, grabs her bag, which has a pregnancy test sitting on top, and leaves.

Kyle is holding the burnt memory card and looking at it, when Abby walks in and asks him what he is up to and he replies that he was thinking the same thing about her. He is referring to the video footage that Abby has of Dina, and wants to know what she is going to do with it.  She asks him why he cares, and he replies that Dina is his grandmother too.  He says he is excited about what she captured and is looking forward to it.  Abby talks about spending time with Dina and her memories.  Kyle wants to know how Abby can distinguish between real and false memories.  Abby says she and Charlie are going to do a compilation of the footage and show it to the family, and Kyle asks if that includes him.  She says it is for everyone in the family.  During this convo Abby also goes over to the fireplace, and sweeps some of the ashes back into the fireplace.

Vic finally goes to see the counsellor.  She asks Vic if she feels physically threatened or in danger.  Vic says after that last session she was going to break up with JT but she couldn't do it.  She says that she knows now that allowing things to continue was the worst mistake of her life.  She says she talked herself into believing things could work.  The counsellor asked what her rationale was.  She says it was the hot sex.  She tells her about Hawaii and allowing JT to take her phone even with her dad in ICU.  She tells her how JT lured her 4,000 miles away with her kids, and his plan for them to never go back.   She says she finally had enough and left with the kids, and flew straight back to GC.  The counsellor asks if there is more to the story. She says she read the news reports about JT  trying to kill Prick.  She asks if JT told her about it, and at first Vic says yes, but then she corrects herself, and says soon after she found out about it and that is why he was acting so desperate.  She says everything is her fault, if she had the guts to break up with him earlier, then he wouldn't have attacked Prick and none of this would have happened. And Vic runs out of the room and the counsellor looks concerned.

Drinki and Arturo are coming down the stairs and he says that he has had two workouts in one morning and he still has a job to do.  She says she has faith in his energy levels, and he says hers has gone up even more since last time.  Ick.  She says she has missed their little meetings more than she realized.  She talks about escaping the troubles of the world, and he brings up the ordeal with JT.  Drinki says she knew something was off with him, and says that she should have tried harder.  He says she shouldn't take on that burden, she doesn't deserve it.  She says he deserves better than revenge sex, and he says it was pretty hot.  He says he is going upstairs to take a shower, and she says: lucky soap.

Reed and Prick play chess and Prick beats him. Reed is furious and still wants to know about his dad.  Prick tells Reed that JT wanted to hurt the family, and tells him about his secret investigation, and says that JT wanted Prick back in prison. Prick says that is why JT got back with Vic, to get access to Prick.  Reed shouts that Prick is lying, JT got back with Vic so that they could be a family, and he throws the chess pieces.  Drinki walks in and asks him why he is doing his, and he yells that Prick is lying and trash talking his dad.  Prick tells Drinki that Reed wanted the truth about his father, and then Reed tells her that Prick is playing mind games with him, and still hasn't told him the truth.  Drinki sternly tells him that that is enough, that he owes his grandfather an apology.  Wow, Drinki's got stones, here she is reprimanding her grandson after she killed his father and dumped him in a grave in the park.  Drinki gets a call from a frantic Vic who tells her JT's car is missing and she thinks the police must have seized it, and she is worried they are onto them.  Drinki asks Reed how he got there, and he admits he drove JT's car, so she tells Vic, and Vic is relieved. Prick asks JT if he drove without a valid license.  Reed says it was not that far, what is the big deal.  Drinki says the big deal is that he has a DUI and now he is giving them attitude.  She says he is not the only one upset about his father.

Hil returns to HWG and says that she has news, but Devon is on the phone and ignores her.  She puts the pregnancy test with a note in front of him, the note says: + means we're having a baby, and Devon looks startled.  Later, Devon finds Hil at the GCAC and says she hasn't been responding to his texts and calls, and she says she was respecting his boundaries.  They do that familiar back and forth, which is a game I am so tired of.  He thinks she is lying about being pregnant.  He finally believes her.  He talks about how it is a good thing that they have the agreement, and she says he voided the agreement.  He says that ship has sailed and she disagrees.  She says she doesn't need him or his negative energy, and he can tear up the contract.  The baby's father will be listed as anonymous donor.  

Arturo espies Abby's legs in the GCAC and then notices the rest of her.  They flirt.  She makes a comment about dessert that leads to talking about his body and his workout.  He says he has already done 75 minutes of cardio, and she asks what machine.  He replies, no machine, I do it the old fashioned way.  Oh boy.

At the Ranch, Prick is wondering whether making Reed clean up the stables is enough punishment for driving without a license.  Drinki gives Prick his medication, and says that Reed is devastated learning all these things about his father.  Prick says Reed is tougher than people think, and she says he is also sensitive, and they need to be gentle with him.  She says Reed is learning all these things that are even difficult for an adult to learn.  Prick asks if there is something that she wants to discuss, and she raises the topic of Helen being part of his homecoming.  Drinki is annoyed that she had to play gracious hostess while Helen displayed the social skills of a Bunsen burner.  She says:  by the way, you're welcome, and let's not do that again.  And he seems to chuckle.  Prick says that they had agreed to be open with each other and that is why he invited Helen.  Drinki says that yes, that is their agreement.  In that spirit, she tells him that she was with her gentleman friend this morning.  She goes to leave saying that she is going to drive Reed home, and the doorbell rings and it is Kyle.  She is quite blase about Kyle being there considering the accusations that Jack made last night.  She leaves. Kyle tells Prick he is looking well and that his recovery is the first positive thing in his life since his dad was sprung from jail an hour too soon.  Prick tells Kyle Jack was there and was quite upset about Kyle's attempt to take Jabot public.  Kyle says he hopes Prick isn't upset with him for messing up the IPO.  Prick says he is impressed with his work. Kyle says he has been sidelined at Jabot with no chance of advancement.  He says that Jack brought Billy on board and says they can work together to keep Kyle in his place.  Prick says Jack must be desperate and Kyle says he is too, desperate to get out of there.  He wants Prick to give him a job at NE.  Prick says not yet, he wants him to continue working at Jabot and learn everything he can and report back to Prick.  Prick asks him what is new.  Kyles says that Ash and Abby have teamed up against him at the house, and that they are against him learning some secret of Dina's.  He says it must have come up during the videos.  Prick says Dina is off limits, and that he has nothing but sympathy for her and the family. He says Alzheimer's is a terrible disease, and tells him not to disturb his grandmother's dignity.  He tells him to keep working hard, that's all, and to leave his grandmother alone.  He tells him to not let himself get distracted, and Kyle says: from being your mole at Jabot, not a chance.  Kyle, you are a shitty mole if you are using your Jabot email account to communicate with Prick.   Also, why is Kyle meeting Prick during the work day?

Hil and Devon argue about the contract, with him saying he will not shred it and with her saying her plans have changed.  She snarks about Simone.  She says she needs nothing from Devon, and he says she needs to keep him apprised because that is his baby too.  And he leaves and she harumphs.

Drinki brings Reed home, and Vic sends him to his room.  Vic says she was so relieved when her mom told her Reed had JT's car.  Her mom tells her they will help Reed get through this.

Kyle says with Jabot not going public, Prick will not be able to take over the company. And he says he is not going to have access to confidential info, so what good is he to Prick.  Prick wants him to play the long game, be a good employee and regain their trust.

Abby and Arturo are talking about Rainbow Gardens, and he says it was way more than a job to him, satisfying in every way.  She asks him about working with Drinki, and he says they were able to come to terms.  The toast new friendships and of course Drinki walks in and sees them and she promptly leaves, without Arturo seeing her.

At Vic's house, she tries to empathize with Reed.  He asks if it is true that JT only got back with Vic to get to Prick.  She says that he was investigating Prick, but that he came back to town also to be a family.  But she says he had a lot of rage he was working through that he never showed to Reed, and that is why it was impossible for her to be with him.  Reed says maybe it is not too late, his dad could come back and get probation and they could try again.  She says that cannot happen, she is sorry, and she tells him that his dad loved him very much, and Reed says it sounds like she is saying he is never coming back.  Reed gets upset and she just hugs him.

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, bannana said:

Also, why is Kyle meeting Prick during the work day?

This is so nuts. He is openly meeting with Victor while aiming to regain his family's trust?

So Ash and Abby want to burn the memory card now? Why were they so hell bent on getting proof Jack was not John's son? Why not just let Dina ramble and move on? Motivations don't mean a thing on this show; or they change every few days.

So I'm guessing everyone will sit down to watch the Dina documentary on Hilary's show -- which is insane I might add (let's all gather to watch a documentary about a woman with advanced Alzheimer's sharing her confused memories, lol) -- and Kyle will somehow splice in the bit about Jack not being John's. That's how Jack'll find out. Public humiliation. And it will make no sense for Kyle to make this information public but he'll do it because plot and soapy moment.

I feel dirty watching this. Like it's stupid and insulting but Mal does it for these soapy moments and I know I will be keen to watch Peter act. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 12

When Victor has to tell you not to harass your grandmother with Alzheimer’s, you might just be a piece of shit. 

Mal’s idea of sexy banter is nausea inducing. 

I’m starting to dislike Devon and Hilary, their tedious sniping and their babymaking bullcrap. Of course, I hate all baby rabies storylines. I wouldn’t mind them getting back together via a good story, but a baby is just a cheap and easy insta-bond. I suppose one should expect such lazy writing from the head hack.

• Love 13

Is this correct?  Arturo works out and works up a sweat, then dresses, undresses and works up a sweat with Nikki......then dresses again and walks Nikki downstairs where everyone is snickering about the old lady and her toy boy.......then decides to go back upstairs, undress and finally SHOWER!  Is that correct?

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Diane M said:

Is this correct?  Arturo works out and works up a sweat, then dresses, undresses and works up a sweat with Nikki......then dresses again and walks Nikki downstairs where everyone is snickering about the old lady and her toy boy.......then decides to go back upstairs, undress and finally SHOWER!  Is that correct?

Well, I was assuming he showered after his workout, at least I hope so.  We only saw him at breakfast after his workout and he looked clean!  But yes, he walked Drinki downstairs for all to see, they had flirty sexy talk and he said he was going upstairs to shower.  Then he gives Abby the once over, and she has just finished lunch, so this is maybe a couple of hours after Drinki sex.  Then he and Abby flirt, and Drinki shows up for round two of cardio, but walks out after she sees them sitting together and clearly flirting.  So no one went to work today apparently.

• Love 6

She must be making up for all the sexless days and nights she spent with Victor.  For a woman in her 60s/70s, she's got a lot of sexual energy.  Although Nikki is an attractive senior citizen, I doubt that her naked body is what most young men want to see.  I think Abby will be his next conquest.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Diane M said:

Now, now, Tightpockets hasn't showered since the summer of 1991 and he and Cricket are VERY happy.  

Victor anoints himself with a little Orange Glow daily after his formaldehyde wash.

ButtBiscuit showers every day and even so, the dank smell of smug still wafts off him like car exhaust.

Cane never showers, just spritzes himself with an overdose of self-regard and he's ready to face the day.

And our very own Nick is so green - literally - he grows his own food ON his own body.  Yum, Nits with belly button lint, all locally sourced, too!

Arturo should be the new face of Brash and Sassy!

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎19 at 4:45 PM, ByTor said:

Speaking of dogs, whatever happened to Victoria's dog (was it Keely or something like that)?  Or Sharon's dog Fisher?  Or Humphrey?

Funny you mention this! I had just noticed over the last few episodes that when someone rings the doorbell at Victoria's, you can hear a dog(s) barking in the background. I remember wondering whose dog it was, and then that I'd be pretty ticked if my neighbours dog barked every time my doorbell rang.

• Love 4
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎20 at 5:52 PM, Diane M said:

She must be making up for all the sexless days and nights she spent with Victor.  For a woman in her 60s/70s, she's got a lot of sexual energy.  Although Nikki is an attractive senior citizen, I doubt that her naked body is what most young men want to see.  I think Abby will be his next conquest.

So this is the thing.  Nosferatu has a very young Helen, willing to change his bed pans, I guess.  And he has always had younger women including Nikki, Ashley, Sabrina, Dr. in the prison, and now Helen.  WTF?  I have always assumed that was for the money.

So maybe Arturo is doing the same thing.

• Love 9
On 4/20/2018 at 3:39 PM, Pop Tart said:

"Jack almost dies and everyone who was hating on him rushes to his bedside and forgives all" story like we see happen with Victor every year or so? I don't think I remember any scenes like this. Jack on his deathbed and everyone declaring how he's really so wonderful and they love him so? 

Oh Dog...Philly would move in to nurse him back to health. poor Jack

• Love 5
3 hours ago, jewel21 said:

But then he got another dog. Segundo, or something. 

Thank you, I could not remember the name of that second dog...which makes me feel real stupid being that his name was Second!

• Love 4

It's a new day in GC, and here are some highlights of what happened today.  I skim watched so I may have missed a few things. Let's start with the nauseating and annoying first.  Yes, Hevon.  

• Hil invites the Winters and Tessa and Mariah to lunch at TOTT to make the big pregnancy announcement.  Devon talks her out of it.  Which surprised me.  So she cancels the lunch saying everyone has too much work to do. Then she and Mariah do their show, and at the very conclusion, with Neil, Devon, Simone and Lily watching from their offices, she announces she is preggers and Devon is the father.
  • Prick and Drinki are at home and Paul comes by with the tablet they found in JT's closet.  Paul suggests that they pool their efforts to find JT, but Prick tells him to sod off.  Prick then shows the footage of JT attacking Vic, and Drinki is horrified.  After Paul leaves, she confronts Prick about invading Vic's privacy.  Prick squeaks that he was protecting his daughter, and what has Drinki done for her.  She insists that she knew something was amiss and she tried to fix it.  He asks her what she did and she says she was a mother to Vic.  
  • Paul then goes to Vic's house, where she and Reed have been arguing about JT.  Reed says Vic is bossy to everyone, and thinks she is perfect and expects that of others.  He is basically saying she drove his father off.  She says she is not perfect and she did not expect that from JT.  Reed stomps out as Paul arrives.  Paul tells Vic about his convo with Cane, where he tells him everything JT said that night.  Paul wonders why JT has not come home to get his clothes or his car.  Really, Paul?  He's wanted for attempted murder.  Paul shows Vic the footage where she rather calmly takes the news that her father had a camera installed in her house to watch her having sexy times on the sofa with JT.  Paul wants to know why she would not have reported the abuse.  He tells her about his ex, April, who was abused and killed her abuser!  She keeps saying obtuse things, like, it doesn't matter anymore and JT is never coming back.
  • At Jabot, Kyle is sucking up to Jack.  Jack is complaining about all the temp assistants and how they are not on top of his schedule and are not providing him with docs he needs.  Kyle makes a move to grab Jack's laptop, saying he can sift through his stuff for him.  Jack stops him and tells him he can sit at Glo's desk and be his assistant, and he almost balks, but then says he will happily do it.  Jack has also made him call all the people he fired and apologize and rehire them.  The last one is Glo, but she is playing hard to get.  Kyle calls her, and then she talks to Jack saying he will have to beg her.  She comes to the office, and Jack tells her that Helen the mole is gone, which makes her happy, and says he will give her a new title, more money, and more paid vacation.  Kyle says she should not agree to that until Jack agrees to take her to a 3 hour 5 martini lunch, and she says that is the smartest thing Kyle ever said.  They leave, and Kyle goes to Jack's computer.  I didn't see all of this but at one point he attempted to watch what was on the memory card.  Why he had to wait to use Jack's computer to do so, I don't know. The card is damaged and he is about to throw it out, but decides to keep it.  The only thing he could view was the opening that indicated it was an interview with Dina and the date.
  • Drinki meets Arturo at the GCAC and is quite frosty.  She tells him that they are going to have a meeting at the ranch because Prick cannot attend elsewhere.  He wonders whether that would be uncomfortable and she replies that Prick does not know that she had been seeing Arturo, past tense.  He questions this and she says she saw him with her step-daughter.  Ouch.  She's not interested in a fling with a guy who is having side flings with her step-daughter.  He says nothing is going on with Abby, and they should live in the present and not worry about the future.  So I guess soapy sexy days are here again.
  • Love 17

It's a new day in GC.  I only have time for some highlights:

• At the Ranch Drinki has shaved Prick and he seems pretty grateful.  Then Nick shows up for the New Hope meeting. Prick tells Nick he heard him while he was unconscious and thanks him for not pulling the plug on him.  They had this emotional moment where Nick looked his usual self, and Prick reminded me of his epilepsy period.  Prick tells Nick about JT investigating him, and his abuse of Vic.  Nick is enraged and vows to kill JT with his bare hands.  Arturo and Jack arrive and Jack and Prick snipe at each other. After the meeting Drinki and Arturo share some secret words and agree to meet again.  As she sees him to the door, Prick wheels around the corner and sees them being close and looks none too happy about it.
  • Reed is at CL and Counsellor Sharon starts to give him unsolicited advice, and he says he doesn't even know her.  Hah!  Reed is very upset about everyone saying smack about his father, and he is angry at Vic.  Sharon tries to help him.  But it leads to her concluding that maybe they should let Paul know that JT is dead, so Reed can feel better about his mom and grandma.  Later she discusses this with Drinki who shuts her down.
  • At Jabot, Billy starts work and he and Jack shut Kyle out.  Billy also acts as if he is in charge with Jack.  Jack reminds him who is CEO.  Billy says he knows.  Kyle sets up a secret meeting with Ravi to get him work on the burnt memory card, and for some reason, Ravi agrees, and also agrees to keep it between them.
  • At Vic's house, Phyllis shows up and Vic tells her about the video that Prick has of the abuse.  Vic is still pretty blase about the invasion of her privacy.  She says Prick was worried about her.  Phyllis points out that Prick is not so different from JT.
  • Reed then calls Billy asking him to meet him.  He needs to talk to him.  Billy agrees and meets him at CL.  Reed unloads his concerns on Billy.  Billy and Reed go to Vic's house, where they tell her that Reed wants to go boarding school in NH.  It's a school that specializes in music that he heard about from Mattie.  Billy tells Vic it's a good idea, and pretty much blindsides her about a big decision that she has to make about her kid and family.  Vic agrees pretty quickly to let Reed go, but she is very sad about him leaving.  He's quite ecstatic.
  • Oh, and Phyllis and Billy make out in the elevator.
  • Love 13

You could have left that last bullet point out, banana. ? I just assume Philly is doing something skeevy in a Jabot elevator every episode. 

Well, under the bus goes Ravi. Dude needs to upgrade his internal dillweed recognition software.

So I guess we’re not going to see the fallout from Reed learning about his father’s death on screen? Rip off.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, bannana said:

It's a new day in GC.  I only have time for some highlights:

• At the Ranch Drinki has shaved Prick and he seems pretty grateful. 

Nikki shaved him?  So no more Brazilian wax for La Turdo?  Helen will be so disappointed.

Now this one time I wish Phyllis had been around.  Victor deserves a nice, close, slow shave from her ........ everywhere.

• Love 13

Sorry, no time for a recap today, but two things I did catch were that Jack wants to make the showing of Dina's video interviews about her life, an event, like a screening.  And Kyle did get Ravi to retrieve the Dina interview, so he knows Jack is not an Abbott.  Now Kyle must be really stupid if he thinks that favours him.  And why wouldn't Ravi go to Ash and say, hey, do you know about this, before he shared it with Kyle.  Ravi is not an idiot, he knows what that info would mean.  Sigh.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Diane M said:

Interesting, bannana.  Maybe Ravi is holding a grudge because of the way Ashley treated him and doesn't care whether this information hurts the Abbotts.

Or Mal forgot crap that happened 3 months ago.

• Love 11

I’m guessing Ravi didn’t watch the whole clip. Just ensured it could be viewed and sent it on to Kyle.

So Kyle sees this and what? Tells Victor? lmao. This is so stupid.

I thought he would not know WHAT secret he revealed. I didn’t think he’d consciously use this to hurt Jack. And by extension undermine his own claims to Jabot.

• Love 5

I’m guessing Ravi didn’t watch the whole clip. Just ensured it could be viewed and sent it on to Kyle.

Perhaps, Ravi did some artistic editing of the clip. Based on Ravi's exchange with Kyle, it was pretty evident that he thinks he's a prick. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Ravi feels loyalty to the family. He's been openly adoring of Ashley (in the past), his relationship with Jack has always been positive and he had several warm exchanges with Dina in the past, so his affection for the family might mean that he would edit out Dina's "revelation" in order to prevent Kyle from exploiting a putative bombshell (which would have every bit as much impact on him as it would his father). Add to that Ravi's awareness of Dina's alzheimers disease, and the fact he already knows Ashley isn't John's daughter, maybe he just thought that Dina may have jumbled her memories. It's also possible that he doesn't return Abby's original thumb drive to Kyle, but an exact duplicate brand of the drive with the edited content. He could hold onto the original and return it to Abby or Ashley realizing that they were the ones who were overseeing Dina's video retrospective and that Kyle stumbled onto something that neither of them wanted anyone else to see. At least I hope that's what Ravi will do. 

• Love 8

I'm afraid I see doom and gloom ahead for him.

Peter Bergman gave an interview with Michael Fairman during Y&R's 45th anniversary party or somesuch, and he said that Jack would be going through a particularly rough patch in which he questions his entire existence. He seemed pretty stoked about doing this, at least he seemed to be.

• Love 4

My problem with Jack suffering is that he doesn't get any justice afterwards. He gets shot/kidnapped/tortured/betrayed and somehow HE is at fault, and the perpetrator (Victor, Billy, Phyllis, even Ashley) turns it around and is either the victim or rewarded or both. There is no emotional payoff for viewers who give a damn about Jack.

Yes I enjoy watching Peter act and I'm sure he likes the opportunity and front burner work (so he won't complain) but it just leaves me more angry at the end of it. So as usual I'll tune in for the big drama and Peter bringing it. Then I'll tune out because it will be so disappointing and frustrating afterwards.

Until the next time Peter gets good material. 

It's stunt writing and done because he's good at this kind of emotional stuff.  

Edited by miamama
  • Love 12

I am pretty sure it is a new day in GC.

Reed arrives home to find the house decorated for a going away party in his honour, and he is not too happy about it.  She tells him everyone in the family will be attending, and he says he knows of one person who won't be attending.  Ouch.

Hilary and Devon bump into each other at the GCAC, and Devon is pretty snippy with Hil, and she wants to make nice because they are having a baby.  Man, I think Hil has BPD, or at least the writers do.  Hil thinks Simone dumped Devon but he says she didn't and if she does, he will hold Hil responsible for it.

Okay, in possibly one of the skeeviest storylines in some time, Kyle is now flirting with Dina pretending to be a suitor of hers.  He tells her he hasn't seen her around the club so he thought he would swing by and they could get something to eat.  Dina is delighted.  Abby arrives and finds out that they are going on a date.  She takes Kyle aside to share her concerns about him taking out Dina alone.  He says he can handle it.  He tells her he wants to get to know his grandmother and he wants her to get to know him.  He says he can give her perspective on the family, and Abby says that is what she is worried about.  They leave and she looks concerned.

Drinki is about to leave for Reed's party, and asks Prick if he is ready to go.  He tells her that his doctor advised against it.  She kisses him goodbye and calls him darling.  When she has left he calls someone and tells them to come to his house immediately.

Billy and Phyllis arrive for the party and Billy figures since he made the guest list, Vic can't be mad at him for helping Reed plot his escape, but Reed assures him she is pissed.  Billy says he is going to be the one to teach him how to get through boarding school, not Vic, because he needs a guy to do so.  Phyllis uses this opportunity to drag Vic into the kitchen so they can talk about the whole Reed's dead father situation.  Phyllis says it is a good thing Reed is leaving because it will help Vic get over the whole burying her son's father in a garden plot.

At Sharon's house, there is a crash in the kitchen and Sharon screams.  Mariah and Nick are worried about her reaction and that she has been acting odd lately.  Does anyone remember when Sharon had BPD and Sharon Case would do those wonky eyes to indicate that she was mentally unhinged?  Well, Sharon Case is doing something similar with her acting nervous and jumpy.  It's times like this her acting is distracting.  I don't know if she intends it to be comical.  Nick wants Sharon to go with him to the party and she demurs, saying it is a family thing.  Mariah says she is besties with Vic now, and Nick says that Sharon is family so she yields and agrees to go.

Hil is now at her Doctor's office and she is very excited about her pregnancy and has already purchased prenatal vitamins and has done her research on proper diet, etc., not to mention announcing her pregnancy on her show.  The Doc suggests they take one thing a time and actually do a blood test.  Later the Doc informs Hil that she is not preggers.  She seems very upset, but she says that Devon is going to think that she  made it up to split him up from Simone.  Not sure which part she is more upset about.  The Doc tells her she had a chemical pregnancy.

Drinki arrives and she and Vic whisper about the situation, and Phyllis shows up to scold them and say that people are watching.  Billy walks up and Drinki goes into her fake voice greeting Phyllis as if she were a friend.  Billy notes that they really must have bonded at the hen party.  Drinki talks to Reed about his grandfather and the friction between them. Drinki says Prick can be very forgiving when he wants to be.  Nick and Sharon arrive and Sharon says Nick insisted she come with, and Reed says he guesses it is cool.  Sharon replies that she is not sure everyone else will think so, as she notices Vic and Drinki glaring at her from across the room.  Sharon goes off to the kitchen to get a drink.  Her gravedigging cohorts are assembled there, and Phyllis says no one told her this was going to be a reunion, and Vic says that is because she wasn't invited.  Phyllis says she was, by Billy, and it would not be a problem if her ex-MIL from hell didn't greet her like she was her long lost buddy.  Drinki takes umbrage and says that Phyllis and Sharon should not even be there.  Sharon says Nick invited her, Drinki snarks that the word "no" is not in her vocabulary when it comes to her son.  Phyllis says, that is it, that bitchiness is what they need to show the world, keep it up.  Sharon snarks that Drinki shouldn't have a problem with that and Vic says neither should Sharon.  Phyllis raises her voice and starts berating Sharon for the benefit of the others.  Vic reminds them that this party is for the boy who thinks his father abandoned him.  In the living room Billy remarks to Nick that until last week the only thing the ladies shared was a last name.  Billy suggests that he and Nick should get together with Jack and Prick.  Hah!  Nick says it is all because of this thing with JT and Billy says it is great that his two ex-wives could put their differences aside to support his sister.  Abby arrives, and in the kitchen things are getting heated.  Sharon loudly balks at Phyllis giving Reed advice, saying she is hardly an expert on young men, unless she counts the time that she tried to seduce Kyle.  Hah!  Phyllis quietly says, what the hell.  Sharon says she is playing by the rules, keeping it real, and Phyllils tells her to dial it down.  Then Drinki accuses Sharon of using the party as a way to get close to Nick.  Abby joins the fray and says she heard that she missed a big girls' night.  Abby says that next time they throw a killer party, that they should count her in!

At the Ranch, Arturo arrives thinking it is a team meeting, but Prick tells him it is just the two of them.  Prick tells Arturo he's been going over the budget for the New Hope project and he doesn't like the numbers and muses that Arturo is providing some other services that Prick doesn't know about.  Arturo assures Prick he knows what he is doing and he doesn't need his oversight.  And that Drinki can take care of herself, and he leaves.

Simone and Devon are discussing his impending parenthood at the GCAC.  She tries to point out that it is a big deal.  Devon says he is going to make it work with Simone in spite of the baby.   Hil arrives and says she wants to talk to Devon privately.  He says if it is about the baby, she can speak in front of Simone.  She doesn't want to, and then she says, fine, she just came from her OB.  He asks if everything is okay and she says that it is and walks away.

Billy and Sharon are standing with Reed and he is talking about how upset he is that he hasn't heard from his dad.  He says he could get a burner phone, he's a PI.  While this is happening, Sharon is reliving the audio from that night, that he is not breathing, that he deserves a decent burial, and she gets that look on her face like she is very upset and troubled.  Reed talks about fantasizing seeing his dad someday when he is performing, and Sharon remembers her comment about considering going to Paul for Reed's sake.  Later Sharon tells Reed that she feels partly responsible for him leaving town.  He is completely puzzled by this and she refers to their conversation at CL.  He is obviously wondering why this person he barely knows is inserting herself into his life.  Phyllis and Drinki glare from across the room.  Vic tells Reed somebody else is there to see him and it is Mattie.  By the way, there are other random young guys and girls there too in background scenes.  Reed and Mattie have a chat and he tells her he made big mistakes, that he shouldn't have driven drunk.  He tells her she was a good friend to him, and tells her to never change.  He says he is going to miss her and they hug.  Nick tells Vic that Reed will be alright.  He asks her if she has any idea what is going on with Sharon and tells her about her nightmare and her jumpiness.  Vic says Sharon is known to be dramatic.  Meanwhile Sharon is staring at the fire poker and reliving Drinki bonking JT, and she jumps out of her chair, visibly upset.  Nick notices and asks if she is alright, and she says she is fine, she just needs to leave, and that she has ordered a car.  As she walks away, Phyllis and Drinki are watching with their arms crossed and their faces scowling, and Drinki says that Sharon has told more lies than she herself has had vodka tonics, and she still doesn't think that Sharon can hold it together.  Phyllis says if they don't rein her in they will all end up in matching jumpsuits.

Kyle and Dina are at the GCAC.  He tries to get her to say his name, but she cannot remember it.  She gets very upset because she cannot remember it.  He tries to get her to calm down.  He tells her she is a beautiful, smart amazing lady.  She tells him she is so glad he is in her life.  When they return to the Abbott manse, Dina says she used to go out like that with her dear friend Katherine, but she hasn't seen her lately.  She says that a lot of her friends are no longer around, and Kyle tells her he is not going anywhere.  Abby arrives and Dina says that their outing was delightful.  She walks away giggling, and Abby says whatever Kyle is doing he should continue it because it is making Dina happy.  Yeah, but it is creeping me out.

At GC Buzz, Hil arrives to find the studio full of baby gifts from fans and companies.  Mariah tells Hil that the script for the show has lots of baby references.  Hil tells her to change it and she looks like she is freaking out, but Mariah says they go on air in five minutes.  When they go on air, Mariah is bubbling over about the swag that viewers sent in.  Hilary speaks to her viewers about how difficult it is to share her personal life with them, and she gets weepy.  So Mariah starts going through the cute gifts one by one, and Devon arrives and watches from the sidelines.  It seemed like Hil was going to reveal that she is not preggers, but when she Devon she changed her mind.

Drinki arrives at the Ranch, and Prick asks her about Vic.  He then tells her that he had invited Arturo to the Ranch to discuss his concerns about his role in the NH project.  He tells Drinki that he doesn't trust Arturo in a project of this size.  She says she will be the judge of that, and he tells her to fire Arturo, that if she keeps him around there will be trouble.

After all the guests are gone, Reed and Vic have a nice mom saying goodbye to her son moment.  He tells her not to feel guilty for his dad not being there, that it is on JT.

Billy and Phyllis arrive at the GCAC and she sees Sharon at the bar so she tells Billy to get a table and order her a double, and she goes over to the bar and tells the bartender to get Sharon a club soda.  Sharon says she can handle a glass of wine.  Phyllis tells her she cannot handle things sober.  She threatens Sharon with the psych ward if she says anything and Sharon gets those wide frightened eyes.

Previews for next week:  At GC Buzz, Mariah cheerily says to Hilary, while on air:  what is the newly expectant mother-to-be hiding?, and Devon is watching from the sidelines.  At the GCAC dining room, Kyle to Billy:  That Abbott clause that Dad instigated, if we want this family right again, we need to kill that clause.  At CL, Drinki to Phyllis:  What is Sharon doing? and Phyllis replies: she thinks our next step is to run to the cops; we're going to all end up in prison.  Prick to Sharon, at the Ranch:  I am going to find JT if it is the last thing that I do, and Sharon gets those wide eyes again.

• Love 14

So glad that Hillary isn't pregnant, but I bet she won't tell Devon and she'll entice some guy into her bed ASAP to keep trying.  Stupid woman for sharing her pregnancy news before seeing her doctor.

• Love 9

Is this show trying to tell me that a person who feels guilty about covering up a murder is a nutbar who needs to be lectured by the likes of Phyllis? Shut the fuck up, Phyllis. 

Another day, another glimpse into the void that is Kyle’s soul. He’s just a little Victor in floral garb. Alas! Buttbiscuit still sucks, Mr. Young.

Off goes Reed. Let’s just skip all the emotional fallout from his grandma killing his dad so we can place the emphasis on where it truly belongs, the zany hijinks of the Garden and Corpse Disposal Club. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Diane M said:

So glad that Hillary isn't pregnant, but I bet she won't tell Devon and she'll entice some guy into her bed ASAP to keep trying.  Stupid woman for sharing her pregnancy news before seeing her doctor.

If anything, Hilary will use Devon's sample in the lab. I just can't imagine hilary having a baby that isn't Devon's. 

• Love 4

So Dina thinks Kyle is her lover (with his encouragement) and she thinks Jack is her husband. Also she thinks she’s a young-ish woman. 

Yikes.

Does Mal even remotely think through what his plots mean for characters and their relationships? Like at all?

• Love 11

Okay, in this action-packed episode of Maldavian lifestyles of the rich and dubious...

• We get Sharon doing the deer in the headlights stare again, sensitive soul that she may be--insert doubtful side-eye here. I know viewership is full of Sharon-supporters so I have the feeling that my dislike of the character won't weigh much in the balance. And counselling Reed! Hon, Reed indicated quite strongly that he isn't that close to you. Time to deflate that "Psych 101 is my destiny" balloon.
  • And Victoria, slave to The Black Tower, is taking a day off to fete Little Reed's departure? With a bowl of beers? Mal, your set-ups aren't all that great--we know that as surely as JT is turning into compost that the Furies will be coming to verbal blows and your stupid-ass build toward Sharon's Moral Compass of Purity is chugging down the track. And Mal, hon, tossing in a wee snark from Nikki re Saint Sharon's lies and your vod & ton-count isn't really a diversion.
  • Oh, excuse me while I take a stool at the Dorothy Parker Piano Bar [tm Cupid Stunt], 'cause Phyllis doesn't bother me at all. I enjoy GT and her line-readings. I like a good bitch, and for me, she's bringing it. Now, back to the Cole Porter piano-stylings..
  • Hilary, OTOH, bores what's left of my butt off--it may have flattened with age. The not-pregnant choo-choo has been chugging down the track for a while now. I could care less.
  • BUT, ohmygawd, that Kyle and Nana date! Unspeakably creepy! Yup, let's take your intellectually disintegrating grandma, who mistakes you for a past lover, out for a nooner, and see how that goes. Right up there with the most tasteless scenes that soapdom has ever offered.
Edited by pearlite
  • Love 9

I’m still thinking about how gross this is. Imagine if Victor got dementia and thought Victoria was was Nikki and Summer was his lover and got all giggly  around her.

Like really Mal? 

I get that dementia sufferers mistake grown kids for dead spouses but I would think it’s very tough for the child to handle. Mal doesn’t play those beats with Jack at all. Dina consistently believes he’s John and it’s just whatever, she’s confused, hope she doesn’t try making out with me har har or ask why I’m not coming to bed. ?And Kyle is flirting and playing up being her LOVER for some ulterior motive. ?

Edited by miamama
  • Love 17