Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, bannana said:

Thanks, @peacheslatour, I haven't watched the abuse episode yet, and I wondered if she really did hit him.

Come to think of it, before he started strangling her, she did slap him. But after to going over he got from Victor he should have been black and blue and swollen. It's ridiculous.

• Love 10

So I have finally caught up on the episodes I missed.

That fight between Vic and JT was very well staged and acted.  I am impressed.  Also the rest of it, with him appealing to Vic and slowly drawing her back in, make up sex and the proposal.  It was creepy, but believable.

I cannot believe all that happened in  one day.  Vic and Ash's lunch, JT snooping at the Ranch and encounter with Drinki, Drinki and Nick's meeting, Jack and Prick's fight, Jack and Ash's fight, Sharon and Nick talking about him moving out, Sharon and Jack having drinks, JT strangling Vic, then make-up sex, then the proposal, Prick setting a trap for JT, JT supposedly going out to buy champagne, Drinki visiting Vic, Drinki bedding Arturo, Nick and Sharon kissing and almost doing it, Ash and Jack having another fight at the GCAC, JT and Prick fighting and Prick's tumble down the stairs, Jack finding him, cops show up and Jack goes home and tells Abby and Ash, all Newmans rush to the hospital.  Phew!  Plus all the stuff with Dina and her memories and spilling the beans on Jack's paternity.

I am really confused about JT's thought process.  As a favour to Vic he doesn't spill the beans on Drinki, and covers for her stealing money from her own husband.  But Paul and Christine know all about it, and force him into spying on Prick.  Once he was found out by Prick, Prick tells him to leave town, and if he doesn't, that he will ruin him.  Why didn't he just tell Prick why he was spying on him, to protect Drinki? And that he would tell Paul and Christine that they can go after Drinki if they want?  

• Love 13

It is finally a new day.   Flashbacks include the two Brooks sisters!

• Nick and Drinki are at Nosferatu's bedside, and Drinki feels guilty because she was with Arturo when he was attacked.
  • Abby and Ash are at home discussing Dina's assertion that John is not Jack's father.  Ash doesn't believe it, but Abby does.  Ash doesn't want Jack to get wind of it and she doesn't want Abby to bring it up again with Dina.  Dina comes in and says she wants to use Abby's laptop to find Jack's real father so that they can finally meet.
  • Jill and Esther are at the GCAC dining room, and Jill tells Esther she is on the warpath with Drinki, because Drinki has plans to obliterate Chancellor Park.  Jill overhears two women talking about her and confronts them.  It is Leslie and Laurie Brooks.  Jill asks them what the hell they are doing in GC and they say they only returned for the Walnut Grove centennial because they thought GC was a Jill-free zone.  And they call her the step-mother from hell.  Esther gushes over them, for Laurie's books and for Leslie's concert albums.  The Brooks ladies move to the bar and Jill goes to confront them again.  They snipe at each other.  They talk about Stuart Brooks, and Jill relates how she saved his life by performing a tracheotomy.  Laurie talks about how Jill faked being pregnant and stole Stuart from her own mother, Liz.  They snipe some more.
  • Jack is at the GCAC and sees Jill and Esther, but then moves to another area to call Kyle, and leaves him a voicemail as if he doesn't know about Kyle's betrayal.  Billy shows up and wants to know what is troubling Jack.  Jack tells Billy about Kyle's involvement with Prick, including that he saw the emails on Prick's back-up drive.  He says the email thread goes back months, and it explains Kyle's non confidence vote.  
  • Paul and Cricket are reviewing the voicemails on Prick's phone and find the one from Ash which incriminates Jack.
  • Billy joins Jill and Esther and Jill tells him about Drinki's plans for the park.  Jill spots Victoria and beckons her over and complains that Drinki has not returned her calls or texts.  Vic rather bitchily tells Jill that Drinki is at her father's bedside and that he is in a coma fighting for his life and she flounces out.  Jill is angry with Esther for not telling her about the news about Prick, especially since she told the Brooks' ladies that she reads the Chronicle every day!
  • Ash, Abby and Dina are on the laptop and Abby asks if it is Brent Davis they are looking for and Dina says no, that Brent is Ash's father, they are looking for Jack's father.  Jack arrives and can tell something is up, but Ash ushers Dina to the kitchen for tea.  Jack is more empathetic today with Abby, about Prick.  Ash then thanks him for that, and right after that accuses him of being the one who attacked Prick.
  • Later Abby brings Dina a large hat box that has her treasures and memories.  Dina pulls out a key from the motel room where she and Jack's father had their fling.  It was the Stardust Inn which is no longer there, but the building is so Abby agrees to take Dina there to see if it would jog her memory.
  • Jill and Billy are still at the GCAC and she tells him about her marriage to Stuart Brooks.  He is slightly creeped out that she married Stuart Brooks who had adult children.  Then she tells him that the Brooks daughters were upset that she stole Stuart away from Billy's grandmother.  He finds this rich considering her judgement of him when he stole Phyllis away from Jack.
  • Ash shows up at the hospital and Vic is at Prick's bedside.  Ash tells her she will go back to work sooner than anticipated and not to worry about a thing, and Vic does not want her to do so, because, paranoia.  Arturo shows up at the hospital and sees Drinki in the waiting room.  She is flustered that he is there and tells him she has to keep up appearances.  Nick walks in and Drinki tries to smooth things over and usher Arturo out.  As he is leaving Jack arrives, recalls their meeting yesterday and then after he leaves, tells Drinki that she made a smart move "getting into bed with that one, he is a keeper"!  Hah!  Nick is decidedly  uncomfortable.  Drinki tells Nick about the fight that Jack had with Prick that Arturo and Devon had to break up.  Upon hearing this, Nick angrily asks Jack if he is the one who attacked Prick.  Drinki is appalled at the accusation.  Jack assures Nick he did not attack Prick.  Nick goes to check on Prick.  Jack asks Drinki about Prick's schedule, saying he had heard something through social media that Prick was in NY meeting with Kyle, and she says it has been months since he was in NY.  In Prick's room, Vic asks Nick if she is a bad person because she wants to go to work. At first he says yes, but then encourages her to go.  She is wearing a turtle neck and adjusts it to cover the bruising, and he asks what is up; she thinks he saw the bruise.  But he saw the engagement ring and tells her he is happy for her, and she does seem genuinely happy.
  • Dina and Abby arrive at the motel, and Dina recognizes it, but she doesn't remember anything.  Then she gets out of the car and says she is going to see if the key still works and Abby goes after her.  Dina wants to use the key but of course the locks have been changed.  She knocks on the door but no one answers.  She tries to remember, and then she says Graham's name, but Abby reminds her who Graham was. Then Dina talks about how handsome this man was and she gets very emotional talking about him and that she wished she'd spent her life with him.  She says that they have a reminder of their love in Jackie, and that Jackie looks just like him.
  • Paul interviews Arturo in his office, and Arturo confirms that if they didn't break it up, it would have been an all out brawl between Prick and Jack.
  • Sharon and Faith arrive at the hospital waiting room.  Sharon consoles Nick.  Jill arrives at the hospital and tells Drinki how sorry she is about Prick. Drinki says she heard about Jill's concerns about Chancellor Park and then haughtily explains what her plans are:  a garden, town square, an eco-friendly  playground and an electronics free zone.  Jill said she had imagined something else and is relieved.
  • Vic arrives at NE to find Ash in Prick's office, where she tells him she is taking over as acting CEO.  Vic tells Ash she has misunderstood.  She says that she was reprimanded, but not demoted and she is still COO which means she outranks Ash and she will fill in as CEO.  WTF?  Ash tells her that Prick told her personally that Vic was demoted and that he would be issuing a memo on the matter.  Vic says there is no memo so it never happened.  Ash asks Vic what will happen when Prick recovers and calls her out for lying.  Vic says she will have to deal with the consequences.  She says her father would have wanted to maintain the status quo, and that having her in the CEO chair sends a strong message to the shareholders that the co. is in stable hands, family hands.  Ash points out that other people must know about the demotion, and says she told Abby.  Vic says it is her word against Ash's and Abby would obvi side with her mother.  She wonders who the Board members are going to believe, a Newman or an Abbott.  Well, well, Victoria, you really are your father's daughter.
  • Abby tells Ash about the motel room key and the visit to the motel.  Abby is convinced that Dina is telling the truth and Ash is beginning to wonder now too, but says they need to keep it between them until they  know for sure.  Paul arrives, and Abby leaves for the hospital.  Paul asks Ash about the message she left and wants to know why Jack would have been angry with Prick.  Paul tells Ash that if Prick doesn't make it that Jack could be looking at a murder charge.
  • Love 20

Man, that Abby is some smoldering hot garbage. Yes, dumbass, Jack pushed your sperm donor down the stairs. Brilliant, Columbo. And later her lizard brained big brother lobs the same accusation. Why is she so hell-bent for leather to prove John isn’t Jack’s biological father anyway? Unlike Abby, Jack wouldn’t throw away the memories of the man who lovingly raised him like they were snot soaked kleenex. What a turd off the old block. PS: Abby can fly her dumb ass to Peru and look up Marco Anicelli’s father if she wants a promising lead.

2 hours ago, bannana said:

Paul interviews Arturo in his office, and Arturo confirms that if they didn't break it up, it would have been an all out brawl between Prick and Jack.

The show needs to give up this idea that Victor is some virile stud who can hold his own in a rumble. First of all, Victor would have needed to sneak up on JT to get even one feeble punch in before JT cleaned his clock. Because, you know, JT is several centuries younger than Victor. Secondly, there would be no all out brawl between Victor and Jack. Jack would turn him inside out, fold him in half and pack him into a box bound for Transylvania. Jack is no spring chicken, but Victor is a fossilized pterodactyl. 

• Love 17

Thanks @bannana for another superb recap. 

So Dina says Jackie looks just like his dad who is NOT JOHN but then she thinks Jack is John? WTF?

And here is Ashley again ready to believe Jack is capable of attempted murder. The woman who refused to believe Billy would commit corporate espionage. Fuck I hate her.

Billy has nothing to do. Nothing whatsoever. He has not had a story since Mal took over. Nor has Phyllis, unless you count poking her nose into Nick and Chelsea and Sharon's lives. But GO PHILLY! Woo! #America loves you. So hot and #fun.

40 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Unlike Abby, Jack wouldn’t throw away the memories of the man who lovingly raised him like they were snot soaked kleenex.

snap.

I wonder if it will turn out Jack and Ashley are both bio Abbotts. That would be trash because Ashley's paternity is central to her character, as Jack's is, just as Bill Bell wrote it. But Mal will have to put his stamp on the show. And I think Mal likes TWISTS so something has to come of Dina and her confusion about her children's fathers. I really hope I'm wrong. Changing paternity of anyone is so lame, but of characters who are in their 50s and 60s? Haven't we learned from the Jill retcon crap?

Also how many times have Nikki, Nick, and Victoria sat wringing their hands at Victor's bedside, talking about how much they love him despite it all????? Y&R anniversaries are either Victor presumed dead or getting married to Nikki.

• Love 21

Ugh. Dina has been mistaking Jack for John since she came back to GC the first time. And now he is the spitting imagine of his bio dad, who is not John? Who writes this drivel? And Dina has been carrying around a key to a motel where she got it on with this dream man 60 some years ago? It has traveled with her all over the world for how many years? Sure. 

So if Jack isn't an Abbott, and Ashley isn't an Abbott, can Tracy be far behind in coming out on the losing end of the Abbott blood lottery? That leaves Billy as the only Abbott, so he will be running Jabot?  

The Brooks people predate when I started watching (in 1994) so I have no idea who any of them are. Is it their father that the writers are implying that Dina says is Jack's father? Ugh. 

So since EB goes on vacation every year and the writers either put him in a coma or he disappears, do they have a mask made of his face to use for comas? Because the face of Victor in a coma right now looks about 20 years younger than EB actually does. I don't think wrinkles disappear just from lying down. If that were true I would never be upright. 

• Love 20
28 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The Brooks people predate when I started watching (in 1994) so I have no idea who any of them are. Is it their father that the writers are implying that Dina says is Jack's father? Ugh. 

I don't remember much about Stuart Brooks. He did have a full head of gray hair(I remember the hair on people the best). I believe the original actress who played Jill was on when the Brooks' family were. Liz Foster, Jill's mother, was on the show off and on. She came back for Jill's adoption story. She called JIll "girl" if I recall correctly. 

• Love 9

Stuart Brooks looks nothing like Jack.  The only other candidates could be Neil Fenmore or Gary Reynolds, but then that would be squicky cause Jack and Jill would be siblings.  Gary Reynolds is Brock's father.  All of these people are dead so what would be the point.

I think John is Jack's father after all.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I don't remember much about Stuart Brooks. He did have a full head of gray hair(I remember the hair on people the best). I believe the original actress who played Jill was on when the Brooks' family were. Liz Foster, Jill's mother, was on the show off and on. She came back for Jill's adoption story. She called JIll "girl" if I recall correctly. 

I loved Liz Foster.  The actress who portrayed her was so good.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, bannana said:

Stuart Brooks looks nothing like Jack.  The only other candidates could be Neil Fenmore or Gary Reynolds, but then that would be squicky cause Jack and Jill would be siblings.  Gary Reynolds is Brock's father.  All of these people are dead so what would be the point.

I think John is Jack's father after all.

Agree. Every possibility is so goofy. It has to remain John. 

Mal is one of those writers who has no issue fucking with his audience. As in he has no respect for the pact between viewer and writer - the one involving TRUST. 

He will tease us and toy with us and make leaps in logic to get his buzz and hopefully ratings for a week or two, then oh yeah he’s an Abbott. #blameitonthedementia

• Love 13

And my mother reminded me there were more Brooks sisters, Chris and Peggy. Chris is married to Jill's brother Snapper. Snapper was played by a couple of actors, one of whom was David Hasselhoff. She said Chris and Snapper had a beautiful wedding. Chris and Snapper had a daughter. She has to be an adult now. She'd be good for the cast as a product of the Brooks and Foster families, the original families of Y and R. Who knows what Mal would do with her though?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

And my mother reminded me there were more Brooks sisters, Chris and Peggy. Chris is married to Jill's brother Snapper. Snapper was played by a couple of actors, one of whom was David Hasselhoff. She said Chris and Snapper had a beautiful wedding. Chris and Snapper had a daughter. She has to be an adult now. She'd be good for the cast as a product of the Brooks and Foster families, the original families of Y and R. Who knows what Mal would do with her though?

And one of the Brooks sisters found out that Stuart wasn't her real father, I remember.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

She called JIll "girl" if I recall correctly. 

i don't remember he doing that...

however, sharon's mother doris called her that all the time...i hated it the way she would say it.

i felt it sounded almost gutteral and girl would have been spelled "gurrrrrllllll"/

• Love 7
17 hours ago, bannana said:

Ash ushers Dina to the kitchen for tea.

This is almost getting to be a drinking game for me...somebody ushers Dina out of the room for tea, take a shot!

17 hours ago, bannana said:

Jack is more empathetic today with Abby, about Prick.  Ash then thanks him for that, and right after that accuses him of being the one who attacked Prick.

Now there's the Ashley I know and love!  Love to hate, that is :)

13 hours ago, miamama said:

Changing paternity of anyone is so lame, but of characters who are in their 50s and 60s? Haven't we learned from the Jill retcon crap?

No, we have not.

13 hours ago, miamama said:

Y&R anniversaries are either Victor presumed dead or getting married to Nikki.

Or a combination of both, where Nikki marries a presumed dead Victor.

11 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

She called JIll "girl" if I recall correctly. 

Oh, she most certainly did, and it pissed me off every time!  I remember this vividly, because as a kid, my mother would call me "girlie" when I was in trouble, which made me fly into a rage, thus getting me into more trouble :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 10

I hope that viewers on FB and Twitter are giving Mal muchos grief over the possibility that Jack is not an Abbott. It’s straight up bullshit. Ninja, I pray that the spoiler your mother had is wrong

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 10

That would be trash because Ashley's paternity is central to her character, as Jack's is, just as Bill Bell wrote it.

This dynamic, especially as it relates to Jack and Victor, forms the central conflict for this soap! If the brass at CBS allow this to happen or don't listen to the viewers who are outraged by this apparent twist, they might as well cancel the damn thing. If this stands, I'm out. And I won't look back.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, bannana said:

Then Dina talks about how handsome this man was and she gets very emotional talking about him and that she wished she'd spent her life with him.  She says that they have a reminder of their love in Jackie, and that Jackie looks just like him.

I'm hoping that Dina keeps googling until she pulls up a picture of John and squeals "that's him!" 

• Love 16

I know she is acting and deserves the Emmy but i hate this entire storyline now. Jack not John's! The constant bragging about affairs and pretentious attitude. I just can't anymore. FF for me just like the unsexy duo Phyllis and the infamous Buttbiscuit that has disappeared thankfully.

• Love 9

reunion day at walnut grove...

raul and brittany are married.  brittany is a lawyer and partner in the firm.

phyl goes with billy to party...

wonder if brittany will remind phyl about the time she helped brittany set up buttbiscuit to think he slept with brittany while with mac...

video to prove it to boot..

• Love 8

Maybe Dina had an affair with someone and Marco was the result.  Maybe the person who is living there now is not Jack, but is Marco.  Maybe every character on the show should buy a Groupon dna test and read the results aloud.   Maybe Mal is an even bigger hack than Pratt. 

• Love 21

It's a new day in GC.  Flashbacks included Raul, Mac, Brittney.

Jack is at home, still trying to reach Kyle and is agitated.  Ash asks him what is troubling him.  He says, pick one, her lawsuit, things at Jabot, Dina's deteriorating condition? She says, Pricktor.  He acknowledges it was troubling finding Prick like that and Ash tells him that Paul doesn't buy his story and she is the reason for that.  She tells him about the voicemail and they have a big argument; he is upset with her, and she is defensive.  He realizes that she didn't help him at all with Paul, and she admits to Jack that she's not sure that Jack didn't do it.  He says Ash is more concerned about stepping in to take over Newman, and she tells him about Vic's latest power play.  Jack says: oh, poor you.  I begged you to come back to Jabot; don't whine to me that Victoria cannot be trusted, neither can you.

JT is at the police station, gloating about his score of the contracts from Prick's house.  Paul informs him they are fake.  Paul tells him the investigation is officially over.  JT says he cannot believe Prick skated again (!!!) and then says he hopes he has a full recovery.  Hah! JT wants to talk about the job Paul promised him, and Paul says it is not happening because he didn't fulfill his end of the bargain.  JT says this was his chance to get his life back, and that he was played by Prick and by Paul.  He is pissed.

At the hospital, Drinki is sobbing at Prick's bedside, willing him to live because she is worried he will give up so he can be with his loved ones:  his mother and Adam.  Hah!  Vic shows up and pretends that she wants Prick to get better to get back to work.  Then she promptly tells Drinki that she needs her to lie for her and not confirm that she was demoted because otherwise Ash will take over their company.  Drinki is not comfortable with this, especially the lying part.  She says JT knows, and Vic says her fiancé will cover for her.  She says Abby knows, and Vic blows that off.  Drinki relents and agrees to the lie.

Jill is hosting a dinner at the GCAC with Billy, Cane and Lily, and is pissed that Phyllis stood them up.  Dina and Abby are also at the GCAC, both looking fabulous. Abby is trying to get more info on Jack's father. Phyllis walks by and Dina thinks she is that hussy manicurist who is trying to steal Katherine's husband.  Abby is about to correct her, but doesn't, and then urges her to tell her more about Kay and Jill.  Dina says that Kay took that trollop into her home, confided in her and trusted her, and Jill seduced her husband Phillip. Abby deduces that Kay told Jill everything, including Dina's secret.  At Jill's table, Billy compliments Phyllis as she is dressed to the nines, but Jill points out it is Billy's night, not hers and she shouldn't be stealing the spotlight.  Oh, please.  Brittney and Raul arrive at the GCAC, and Billy and Phyllis join them. Britt and Raul are surprised to learn that Phyllis is with Billy.  Abby, with Dina, approaches Jill for help, and Dina doesn't get why they would ask this woman for help.

JT shows up at the GC and sees the WG foursome, and is annoyed and goes to walk out, but Britt sees him and runs over to hug him.  He tells her he is not going to the reunion, and she asks about Mac so he fills her in on the divorce.  She tries to convince him to go to the party but he declines and sulks out. 

Now we are at the reunion and JT shows up.  Charlie and Maddie are at the registration desk, and Lily says she can vouch for him, he ruled WG back in the day.  JT and Billy spar a bit, then JT is left with Raul and Britt.  JT says he was afraid to be overwhelmed by feelings about Colleen but seeing Britt made him want to come.  Raul and Britt say they are married.  They talk about their great jobs and lives, their two kids.  Joshua is at Harvard.  JT observes that things are picture perfect in their lives.  Then JT says he also reconnected with his true love, and that he and Vic are engaged, he is head of security at NE.  They are suitably impressed.  Mac shows up, even though she wasn't originally coming, and is greeted by Lily and Cane.  Mac reconnects with the twins, and it is implied that Mac has seen them regularly over the years.  JT sees Mac and immediately confronts her in aggressive manner about why she is there, where the kids are, is she planning to sneak out of town without talking to him.  This is in front of Cane and Lily.  Mac tells him she will be around for a couple of days and they can talk, but not here and now, and she walks away.  Cane tries to get JT to chill.  Mac reunites with Billy and Phyllis.  They talk about her split from JT and she is guarded.  Phyllis asks why she would want to keep the children from JT, and she says she has good reasons, and Billy says, I am sure you do.  BTW, everyone loves Mac, at least so far, except for JT.

Jack is at Vic's house.  He tells her he had nothing to do with Prick's fall.  She believes him. She tells him his sister is being a problem for her and trying to seize control at NE.  She says that Ash had the audacity to claim that Vic was demoted and that Ash is above her.  Jack says he heard about her demotion a few days ago.  He says he won't mention it again, he won't take sides. He wants to continue their mutual relationship as needed, and he says he needs her help now.  He wants to know if Prick has any other alliances outside Newman, that might be a threat to Jabot.  She says no, and is interrupted by a phone call.

Paul is at the Ranch to check on Drinki but also to talk about the attack.  He asks her where she was that night and she says she took a room at the Club.  He wants to know why and she says she had an early meeting, and he doesn't buy it.  She admits she was with a man, and that they have an open marriage.  Paul wants to know who the other man is.   Drinki eventually tells him that it is Arturo.  Drinki tells Paul about the conflict between Jack and Prick, over Ash, and also that Jack apologized and seemed very concerned after the attack.  She doesn't think he had anything to do with it, and Paul asks her, if not Jack, then who.

Abby, Jill and Dina arrive at the Abbott mansion, and Dina stomps off because she doesn't know who this woman in her home is.  Ash sees Jill and Abby and wants to know what is up and Abby tells her her plan.  For some insane reason, Ash agrees to this, and they sit down with Jill.  Abby broaches the subject of other men she was involved with.  Jill says that Kay told her that Dina was always talking about men she met at the Club, and that she bragged about her conquests.  Gee, good thing they didn't come right out and ask Jill if she knew who Jack's father is.

Mac tells Britt and Raul that she thinks it is wonderful they found their way back to each other.  She says she felt awful about how she ended things with Raul.  He says he has no regrets, as long as they can be friends.  He didn't really look that over it though.  Now, if I take a moment here to figure this out, it seems like Mac slept with JT, Billy, Raul.  Britt slept with JT, Bobby Marino.  JT slept with Colleen, Mac, Vic and Anita Hodges.  A lot of partner switching.  JT arrives and wants to talk with Mac, and Britt encourages Mac to talk to him.  JT then confronts her about why she is seeking sole custody and she says a bad father is much worse than no father.  He takes umbrage.  Billy sees them talking and decides to get back up.  He calls Vic, and tells her about JT and Mac, and says it is not going well and she could come immediately to pick up her man.

After Jill leaves, Ash says they really have no more info.  Abby says they should test Jack's DNA, it is the only way to know for sure.

Jack bumps into Jill at the GCAC bar.  She mentions that she just came from his house, and that Abby was questioning her about Dina's affairs.  Jack is pissed and says they are taking this documenting her life too far, and so what if she had affairs. He admits that his life has begun unravelling since he brought Dina back to care for her, and he has a feeling things are going to get worse!

JT and Mac are getting into it, he is calling her judgmental, with impossible standards, and she says that is him.  She says that since he left she has finally felt good about herself again, no more of his constant criticism, controlling her every move.  He says it is not his fault she has low self esteem, and that she has no right to take his kids away from him.  She says she has every right and he says he will fight her in court. Vic walks in and says, hey, what is going on.

At Prick's hospital room, a man wearing brown shoes walks into his room with somewhat ominous background music.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 16

Maybe Mal is an even bigger hack than Pratt. 

Yeah. THIS!^^^^

At Prick's hospital room, a man wearing brown shoes walks into his room with somewhat ominous background music.

This must be Kyle, no?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

wonder if brittany will remind phyl about the time she helped brittany set up buttbiscuit to think he slept with brittany while with mac...

Wow, I don't remember that.  What motivated her to do that?  Or was that just Phyllis being an interfering jackass for the sake of being an interfering jackass?

16 hours ago, Tippi said:

Maybe Dina had an affair with someone and Marco was the result.  Maybe the person who is living there now is not Jack, but is Marco. 

I really hate to say this, but that thought crossed my mind.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Wow, I don't remember that.  What motivated her to do that?  Or was that just Phyllis being an interfering jackass for the sake of being an interfering jackass?

phyl helped brittany stage a drunk passed out billy to make it look like he and brittany were having sex.  billy was with mac at the time....

i think it was phyl's idea but having a senior moment.

phyl was the videographer for the "glow by jabot" (pool) house.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

phyl helped brittany stage a drunk passed out billy to make it look like he and brittany were having sex.  billy was with mac at the time....

i think it was phyl's idea but having a senior moment.

So she did it just to screw with Mackenzie?  Geez.

10 hours ago, bannana said:

He says Ash is more concerned about stepping in to take over Newman, and she tells him about Vic's latest power play.  Jack says: oh, poor you.  I begged you to come back to Jabot; don't whine to me that Victoria cannot be trusted, neither can you.

Go Jack!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Diane M said:

Thanks for that great review.  Very interesting episode.  I wonder who's wearing the brown shoes.  Someone carrying a pillow to smother Victor?

No, I'm at home right now and my shoes are black. 

I SWEAR!

• Love 18

I go with the idea that it is Kyle.

Forgot to mention in the recap, there were many, many references to the past that I did not get, cause I really wasn't watching regularly back then.  They will likely come up in the US thread when people see today's show.  For example, one referenced Raul as the King.

• Love 5

So, the Tightpockets of Injustice have crawled up Paul’s crack another millimeter, cutting off yet another cubic milliliter of oxygen to his brain. Yes, Chief Williams, after all these many years of bitterness, rivalry and rage, Jack Abbott decided “Fuck it, I’m pushing the old rotter down the stairs.” Solid detective work there. He didn’t strip the bark off the old turd tree after Victor brought his crazy ex back to town and caused the death of his niece. He didn’t claw Colleen’s heart out of Victor’s chest after he had him kidnapped, tortured by another loony ex, and replaced by a drug lord who raped his wife, but some banal business crap sent him right over the edge. And it’s not like Jack was busy trying to care for his dementia-addled mother or anything; why wouldn’t he take such a quality opportunity to murder Victor and get sent to jail forever, leaving Dina to the tender mercies of sexual inquisitors Ash and Abby. Paul Williams, sharp as a bowling ball. And so classy to arrest Jack in public, as if Jack is a flight risk with his mother at home.

And ya know what else? If Jack had shoved Victor down a flight of stairs, he gets to do that because Marco. Free pass forever. If Jack wants to stand outside the Newman abode or the Dark Tower or Newman Enterprises and wait for Victor to emerge so he can bounce a basketball off his noggin’, he gets to do that. 

JT is now a domestic abuser, Ashley is a corporate shark, and Dina was an insatiable whore. Is that about right? Abby is going to become the Maury Povich of Genoa City. Lily and Cane are jizz blocking Devon and Hilary. Kyle is a real boy now, but a ginormous prick. 

I do kinda like the reunion stuff, if only because it reminds me of a better show. Tracy is great, very warm and sincere. 

• Love 16

OMG. Y&R has finally, finally run off the track. As if Paul hadn’t been the most incompetent police chief before, he sure is now. He arrests Jack based on WHAT evidence? NinjaPeguins has detailed the whole, sad failure so I applaud her. I’m sad for all of us who have loved watching this show for years but it’s time for the funeral. We’ll all cry and then drink some whiskey, wine or whatever your poison is to drown our sorrows. My new interest is Dateline ID. My husband is getting pretty nervous. 

• Love 14

Ugh to Kyle snapping his fingers in front of Victor, thinking he is faking a coma. Why didn't the doctors think of that? Stupidest piece of writing in a sea of bad writing.

Hillary was a pesky mosquito who just kept landing on people to be swatted away. I thought the her show was supposed to be syndicated around the country. Do people really want to see alumni from a stuck up private school on their TVs? I know I don't. 

It is kind of sweet that Abby and Ashley are using Tracy as ground zero for Abbott DNA. They have more faith in Dina that I would. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Excellent recap!!! You have such an eye for detail ??

That was so perfect I felt like I was watching the show as it happened. And on another note ( you can kill me if you want to) I am starting to like Mal's writing. The way bannana's recap read, it sounded like old timey soapy goodness.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

So, the Tightpockets of Injustice have crawled up Paul’s crack another millimeter, cutting off yet another cubic milliliter of oxygen to his brain. Yes, Chief Williams, after all these many years of bitterness, rivalry and rage, Jack Abbott decided “Fuck it, I’m pushing the old rotter down the stairs.” Solid detective work there. He didn’t strip the bark off the old turd tree after Victor brought his crazy ex back to town and caused the death of his niece. He didn’t claw Colleen’s heart out of Victor’s chest after he had him kidnapped, tortured by another loony ex, and replaced by a drug lord who raped his wife, but some banal business crap sent him right over the edge. And it’s not like Jack was busy trying to care for his dementia-addled mother or anything; why wouldn’t he take such a quality opportunity to murder Victor and get sent to jail forever, leaving Dina to the tender mercies of sexual inquisitors Ash and Abby. Paul Williams, sharp as a bowling ball. And so classy to arrest Jack in public, as if Jack is a flight risk with his mother at home.

And ya know what else? If Jack had shoved Victor down a flight of stairs, he gets to do that because Marco. Free pass forever. If Jack wants to stand outside the Newman abode or the Dark Tower or Newman Enterprises and wait for Victor to emerge so he can bounce a basketball off his noggin’, he gets to do that. 

JT is now a domestic abuser, Ashley is a corporate shark, and Dina was an insatiable whore. Is that about right? Abby is going to become the Maury Povich of Genoa City. Lily and Cane are jizz blocking Devon and Hilary. Kyle is a real boy now, but a ginormous prick. 

I do kinda like the reunion stuff, if only because it reminds me of a better show. Tracy is great, very warm and sincere. 

This, NinjaPenguins, is completely brilliant!  You didn't miss a beat, not a single one, and the imagery, while frightening, was glorious.

Glorious!!!!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Diane M said:

Victor opens his eyes for Ashley, then Paul arrests Jack for murder.  What?  He opened his eyes, then died?  Don't I wish.

Whoops!  Sorry about that @Diane M, and fellow Preverts.  It should have read he arrested him for attempted murder.  Perhaps a Freudian slip on my part?

• Love 12

We start with last night and switch to a new day in GC.  Flashbacks include Julia!

Ash is at Prick's bedside as he opens his eyes.  Instead of calling for the doctor, she tells him he is in the hospital and he has been injured.  She asks him if he knows who did this to him.  He is very weak, and slowly croaks out: Victoria, tell her....And then he goes into distress and Ash runs to get the doc.  I guess Prick didn't think it was all that urgent to warn Victoria, or at least try to reason with her, when he had video of the abuse. But now that JT turned his abuse on him, he wants to alert her.

Jack has been booked, and we got some pretty hilarious mug shots.  They walk him through the squad room and his loyal bro Billy is there with Mikey, whom he called to represent Jack.  Mikey wants to know what evidence they have and Paulie shows them Prick's back up drive that he says he found at Jack's house, and Jack looks caught.  Mikey says his witness will exercise his right to remain silent.

Now it is the next day and Jack is still in his suit and is asleep facedown on the bench in the holding cell, awoken by the phones in the squad room.

At the hospital, Drinki says she got the call last night from the hospital.  She tells Vic and JT, Ash and Abby, and Nick that he went into surgery for a brain bleed.  Ash explains that she was with Prick when he woke up and that he went into distress.  Nick asks if he said anything and she replies that he had something to tell Victoria.  From there, the convo devolved into Vic and Ash arguing about who is the interim CEO at NE.  First Vic questions Ash as to why she was there, and she says Abby is Prick's daughter plus she works at NE.  Vic points out that Ash is so devoted she was hard at work behind his desk.  Vic says at a time like this he would want a family member in charge, and Vic says that is why he said her name, because he wanted her in charge.  Ash laughs and says that is why he demoted her. Vic says Ash is using Prick's condition to further her own agenda.  Abby points out that Vic was demoted, but JT says there is nothing in writing. Drinki backs up Vic, there was no demotion. Ash says Drinki is either lying or she doesn't know about the demotion, either way it is not her fight.  Vic says: what exactly did you say to my father when he woke up, what did you do to push him over the edge? Nick says we are not going to do this now, can you imagine if he could hear you? Julia arrives and says: I could hear you all the way down the hall, it's shameful.  And Drinki is ecstatic and says: OMG, Julia!  Wow, I did not know they were friends.

At the GCAC, Billy sees Kyle, who is staying there.  Why? Billy wonders whether Kyle got any sleep after the arrest, which Billy calls stupid.  And Kyle says: and at a high school reunion, no less.  Dad's title should be most likely to make license plates.  Okay, Show, we see where this going. Billy, says, too soon, and points out this is his father he is talking about. Kyle snarks about how today is all about him, never mind the guy in the hospital fighting for his life.  WTF? Billy says Jack had nothing to do with it, and Kyle says the DA thinks otherwise. Billy tells Kyle not to side against his family, especially with Pricktor.  Kyle says he hasn't spoken to Prick in years.  Billy says if he is working with Lurch it may come to an end because he is now in surgery.  Kyle says: be careful what you wish for, Billy.  Who are these characters?

Tracy and Billy are with Mikey and Lauren in the squad room, and they are hoping Jack gets bail. Mikey says there is no forensic evidence.  Glo arrives, outraged that she had to hear this on the news.  She says Jack and she have rekindled their liaison, offering an alibi but Mikey shuts her down.  Jack is walked out, gets a hug from Tracy and he asks about whether Kyle is coming to the arraignment and Billy tells him he is not.

The Newmans, plus Ash and Julia, sit around reminiscing about what a great guy Prick is. Julia says she was in town and heard it on the news.  She says she was so happy to hear that Drinki and Prick renewed their vows.  She is introduced to Nick, and Victoria and JT.  She says Vic has Prick's eyes, that look of steel, and Vic shoots Ash a smug look.  She recognizes JT's name and JT says he and Vic are back together and Julia deems it is meant to be.  BTW, JT doesn't look even slightly troubled by his guilty conscience, despite his heartfelt convo with Tracy.  Julia says she is working with her daughter's design business since her husband passed, and says there is nothing like working with family, and Vic concurs that is what her father would say and shoots Ash another smug look. 

Mikey, Lauren, Glo and Tracy are at the GCAC dining room having martinis and lamenting that Jack did not get bail. Tracy points out that Jack saved Prick's life, but Mikey points out the stolen hard drive, and Glo says Prick would have done the same and kicked Jack to boot.  Glo says: how is Jack supposed to survive a cell.  He was already held captive in a boat because of Prick. Now this, actual pain, suffering.  Go, Glo!  Mikey and Lauren try to reassure Tracy and say Jack is lucky to have his family to support him.

Drinki says Julia was at their first wedding, and Ash says she was there too.  Nick says his dad deserves credit for the three of them being here together for Prick. The doc arrives and says the hematoma was successfully removed but his condition is still serious and the next few hours are critical.

Jack gets a visitor at the jail, Kyle. Let me just state it now.  I detest this Kyle.  Well, he's not really Kyle, as you will learn shortly. Jack says, can I assume Prick told you to come here?  Kyle tells Jack that Prick is in surgery, and Jack, with concern, asks, what are his chances.  Kyle says it sounds like Jack is just worried about whether he is charged with attempted murder or murder.  Then he says he doesn't see Jack as violent, but he knows what he is capable of. He is talking about what he did to his own family. Kyle is upset about the company bylaws.  Jack says he begged Ash to come back, and he offered to  change the bylaws.  Kyle says, too little too late.  Now she is at Newman.  Jack says Kyle voted for the bylaw, but Kyle says he thought it was about Phyllis, but now Jack has stabbed his own sister in the back.  Jack wants to know why Kyle never came to him, to talk to him.  Kyle talks about Jack talking a good game about family, being the family patriarch, and then says he kicked him to curb as soon as Phyllis came into his life.  Jack protests this.  Then the topic turns to Prick, and Jack wants to know what Prick wants from Kyle. Kyle says his time away has helped him to see things clearly now.  He tells Jack he makes his own decisions and never listens to anyone, and criticizes him for going after BS and deciding to take care of his mother.  WTF?  Kyle says Kack is pure ego, king of everything. Jack wants to know about Kyle and Prick.  Kyle reminds his dad of when he was tight with Prick. Jack wants to know what Prick is offering him, and references the emails.  Again, Kyle's emails are on the Jabot server, he is an idiot to think they are not being reviewed.  Sigh.  But Kyle says Jack is out of control and says, what would a guard say to a DA about this.  Jack says, what have you done.  Kyle says: with Prick fighting for his life, and you facing a long jail sentence, I'd say I got back to GC just in time.  Holy shit.

At the hospital, Billy tells everyone about Jack, and that Kyle is back and he didn't go to the arraignment. He asks Abby to visit Jack.  Abby wonders what Kyle has to be angry about.  Billy tells the Newmans that he is holding good thoughts for Prick.  Ash gets the DNA results on her phone and Abby insists they look at them right away.  Later, alone, they look at them and look at each other, shocked.

Drinki sits by Prick's bedside and she tells the doctor that he is burning up, that something is wrong.  Nick leaves to check on his kids.  JT tells Vic that they should go home and tell the kids the happy news about their engagement.  And as he walks away, Vic has that cloudy sky, anxious, and perhaps even repulsed look on her face.

There was another storyline, which is essentially a bit of slapstick comedy a la Mal, as a way to reunite Hevon.  

• Lily and Cane have devised a plan to prevent Hil from getting to her IUI appointment. This involves sending Devon off on a business fool's errand, concocting a forgotten about lunch res at a popular restaurant, that Cane gives to Tessa and Mariah, because he has already eaten, and then locking Hilary in her office so she cannot make it to her appt.
  • Hil pleads with Lane, whilst they stand outside making oh so clever small talk about their kids and whatever.  Lily tells Hil that she can have a baby, but in a month Devon will be done with her so she will have to find another man.
  • Frantic Hil calls Devon pleading with him. to get Lily to let her out.
  • Devon arrives and is furious with Lane.  He orders them to leave and then he comforts Hil.
  • Devon takes Hil back to her room at the GCAC, and offers to do it the old fashioned way and it takes them approx. 2.5 seconds to strip their clothes off and jump each other's bones.
  • Love 21

F*cking Paul is so incompetent. How did he know that the hard drive was Victor’s unless he looked at the files on it? Don’t you need a warrant specifically to examine the contents of computers and accessories? And never mind that Jack would have no physical signs of a struggle, unlike JT who surely would have had bruised or bloodied knuckles, not to mention the cut on his lip which seems to have healed pretty damn quickly. UGGHHHHH

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

F*cking Paul is so incompetent. How did he know that the hard drive was Victor’s unless he looked at the files on it? Don’t you need a warrant specifically to examine the contents of computers and accessories? And never mind that Jack would have no physical signs of a struggle, unlike JT who surely would have had bruised or bloodied knuckles, not to mention the cut on his lip which seems to have healed pretty damn quickly. UGGHHHHH

No to mention that they have not shown Victor to have any cuts or bruises on his face, and I don't see any on his hands either. So why could he just not have fallen down the stairs (which is actually what he did to end up in a coma).  And even falling down the stairs all by himself could cause bruising, etc. Was there furniture thrown around? I don't remember. But yes, Jack doesn't have a mark on him. 

The other stupid writing was Hilary locked in the office. Isn't the office in the GCAC? Why would she just not call security or the front desk and have someone come and unlock the door? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 9