Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

From your mouth to ... Wait. Never mind. Mal would probably have JT wrangling the stick out of the incapacitated pilot's hands and heroically crash landing the plane on a mountain top. Who needs St. Dylan?

You know, given the lurkage that goes on, perhaps we should be a bit cautious here... Hey, Mal, while I'm at it--Hawaii's nice this time of year, and, bonus, it has volcanoes! The jet would only have to touch down once to refuel... Just saying.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Isn't it about time for a plane crash?

I think so, I thought that when they all headed off to new Orleans...

I'd love Newman to be brought down by a sex trafficking ring, he's such a pompous ass! 

1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Yeah, for all the heinous shit that Victor has actually done, they’re trying to pin the trafficking ring on him? As if they couldn’t get him on anything else like, oh I don’t know, fraud, kidnapping, rape, murder? GAAAHHHH

All those doubles, he has no trouble finding. Jack, Cassie, etc..

• Love 5
On 11/26/2017 at 3:37 PM, Toomuchsoap said:

That was the experience with both my mother and father. The two of them were virtually incapable of coherent conversations and this happened pretty early on. My father died right at 5 years following the diagnosis of dementia, and, my mother at about six years.  Before my mother's death, she was hospitalized and the description of what was happening and why, in a nutshell, is that long after the cognitive deficiencies begin to destroy the ability to maintain normal activity and interaction, the brain as a functioning organ becomes unable to sustain normal bodily functions, including the autonomic systems that regulate respiration and circulation. If the writers are planning to create even a smidgen of realism with this storyline, Dina will very soon have to have constant companion-caretakers who will be directing and handling all her activities on a round-the-clock basis or else she'll be eloping from the Abbott estate and burning down TOTT (which might be a positive development, especially if Victor is at the vortex), or some other more mundane common occurrence with dementia-stricken folks, such as wandering out of the house unable to find her way back, or grabbing the car keys and driving to lord knows where and not being able find her way back. But sooner than Jack realizes, he will no longer be able to have any real discussion with her. She just won't be able to communicate in any meaningful way and she will have virtually no ability to grasp what is happening or even who the people in her orbit are, including family members.

Oh God. This is what I have to look forward to with my mom? *cries*

• Love 3
On 12/1/2017 at 11:57 AM, Toomuchsoap said:

The problem I have with that idea is simply that they've been involved with each other for a while, albeit in an on-and-off manner. She was the one that was initially skittish about it. Ashley has always been his boss from a technical standpoint, though I'm sure he's got an IT boss above his pay grade, but maybe not. Surely Ravi isn't the sole IT professional working there. Regardless of that, their thing existed before she took over the reins as COO in Jack's absence and virtually everyone in the company in addition to the town knew about them. This isn't new and they've been more or less discrete about it. This didn't start out by a person in power using an hierarchal imbalance to take advantage of a subordinate much younger and vulnerable. To upend this at this point would be a mistake IMO. This is NOT what exists in situations like the Weinsteins or the Pivens of the world.

I know that Ravi mouthed something to the effect that it was "time to move on" just moments before he got Ashley's text to meet up at the GCAC, but "moving on" was not something that Ravi wanted to do. It was in resignation that Ashley was just distancing herself from him, but she only did that at Thanksgiving because she felt awkward and protective of her mother's condition and trying to maintain their privacy. What she did was truly hamfisted (shame on you, Mal, 'cause Ashley has way more class than that). If he succumbs to her considerable charms, so to speak, it won't because he'll feel he's there under duress to, er.. perform or else. It'll be because he's smitten with her. Always has been and the imbalance and age difference have made that awkward for her earlier, but it's always existed. We'll have to see what will happen. Perhaps he'll tell her that he believes they need to stop because she's now in a position of power within the company that other employees could challenge with claims of improper partiality and compensatory rewards. I truly Mal doesn't trash both of these characters by having her suddenly turn barracuda and he become the aggrieved and psychologically and emotionally "scarred" enough to drag her and the company through another round of Juliet & The Harassment allegations.

I couldn't agree more.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, marina to said:

Oh God. This is what I have to look forward to with my mom? *cries*

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm in the same boat. Please pass the Kleenex. 

This is to both of you. It's definitely more wrenching in the earlier stages. There are still flashes of their personalities and they do have some abilities to recognize (some) family members. As this progresses, though, they're just not there in any way that's familiar. I can only speak for myself, but at some point the emotion that probably best describes the sadness is more a quality of becoming inured to the situation. If either of you are personally trying to care for them on your own in your own residences, I bow to your devotion. My mother was in a facility and seeing what was physically and emotionally required by the caregivers was eye opening. I could not have done this on my own and I doubt I could have done so even with an in-home aid. I will be very candid, it would have been the end my marriage and I believe that I would have lost my own health and sanity in the process.

• Love 11

When Phyllis threw herself over the bed at the GCAC to cry desperate tears because she couldn't leave Jack for Billy, I knew then that they'd given this woman a story  better suited for her daughter. Phyllis, while a giggly obsessed clown with Nick, was never a whining do nothing. She's a schemer. If she wanted to leave Jack for Billy, she would have done so. She wouldn't have pined. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

This is to both of you. It's definitely more wrenching in the earlier stages. There are still flashes of their personalities and they do have some abilities to recognize (some) family members. As this progresses, though, they're just not there in any way that's familiar. I can only speak for myself, but at some point the emotion that probably best describes the sadness is more a quality of becoming inured to the situation. If either of you are personally trying to care for them on your own in your own residences, I bow to your devotion. My mother was in a facility and seeing what was physically and emotionally required by the caregivers was eye opening. I could not have done this on my own and I doubt I could have done so even with an in-home aid. I will be very candid, it would have been the end my marriage and I believe that I would have lost my own health and sanity in the process.

I'm there now. She spent 3 weeks in the hospital which accelerated things and right now I'm sitting in our living room with her sleeping in a hospital bed. We're in the process of getting her placed (we're in a program that provides us with extra supports for 50 days to facilitate this) but yes, some days I think - yeah, we can do this, her confusion is clearing, she's getting more mobile. Then I remember that she has no understanding of what is going on around her, even right after I explain it, and that sometimes she doesn't even remember who we are. The PSWs coming in all tell me how sweet and funny my mom is, which in a way makes it worse. She sometimes gets these moments of recognition when she realizes just how bad it is, just like we're seeing Dina do, but it never lasts.

I've been screaming at Jack to get some PSWs in at least to give him a break, but does he listen to me?

Edited by marina to
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

How does Paul manage to keep his job? Or Christine hers, for that matter. Grrrrr. 

Because Esther is about the only cast member left to be Chief of Police, while handy with a duster, just can't pull off - (and thank GOD she's never tried) a pair of Tightpockets.

CAN they be removed????

Edited by boes
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, pearlite said:

You know, given the lurkage that goes on, perhaps we should be a bit cautious here... Hey, Mal, while I'm at it--Hawaii's nice this time of year, and, bonus, it has volcanoes! The jet would only have to touch down once to refuel... Just saying.

No Bali....with a brief stopover in the burning part of California.

35 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Does RT mean Retch Tremendously?

Rotten Tomatoes... Randy Toebangers... record tentatively... really tired... Roadkill Tacos...  repugnant talentlessness...

• Love 11
7 hours ago, bannana said:

This show has become so painfully boring.  Even the previews are boring.  Although Jack does go there, when he lashes out and says that John is not Ash's father.  Ouch!

Jack would not think this, let alone say it. He might use the fact as leverage in some underhanded tactic if he felt he were losing Jabot. But hollering it or blurting it out like he’s five? Nope. Not buying this shock and awe shit any more than anything else Mal has tossed our way.

10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Dear Mal and CBS Daytime, 

150+ RTs ain't gonna cut it.  

Omg. Give it up FFS. They are middle aged cheating trash played by recasts. Not some root worthy light hearted romantic dream team.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, bannana said:

This show has become so painfully boring.  Even the previews are boring.  Although Jack does go there, when he lashes out and says that John is not Ash's father.  Ouch!

Yes--and because it's kind of a "reward" when I get home, I'm irritated about this. Yesterday's CDN was just tedious: I guess we're supposed to be piqued by the mysterious entity wanting to destroy Chancellor Park to put up condos, are we? Nope, Mal--I live in downtown TO, where we accept [unwillingly] the destruction of our 100+-year old buildings because hi-rise condos *must" be built.

Then I tried to remember what actually went on in the episode, and realized Mal was going to revive the Kevin's Secret thread--mind you, Nikki took a coupla good bites out of Kevin. The rest of it? Too damn much Hilary, eternally uninteresting Christine, and Nick apparently able to write a letter...

• Love 9
10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Dear Mal and CBS Daytime, 

150+ RTs ain't gonna cut it.  

This is actually alot of interaction for something that account posts. Check the other tweets. 

Philly isn't really getting alot of airtime nor do they have a story. Mal's big ship is obviously Scott and Abby. I want to like them cause I love MO but her delivery is still nails on a chalkboard and the couple has so little chemistry. Even the directed things like prolonged eye contact and long pauses aren't working. They don't even look good together. That's too bad. 

21 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Yes--and because it's kind of a "reward" when I get home, I'm irritated about this. Yesterday's CDN was just tedious: I guess we're supposed to be piqued by the mysterious entity wanting to destroy Chancellor Park to put up condos, are we? Nope, Mal--I live in downtown TO, where we accept [unwillingly] the destruction of our 100+-year old buildings because hi-rise condos *must" be built.

Then I tried to remember what actually went on in the episode, and realized Mal was going to revive the Kevin's Secret thread--mind you, Nikki took a coupla good bites out of Kevin. The rest of it? Too damn much Hilary, eternally uninteresting Christine, and Nick apparently able to write a letter...

"Who would do this?!" Let me guess. It's Victor! 

I thought there was far more Tessa than anything. She's in SEVERAL stories and I don't understand why. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, DivaT said:

This is actually alot of interaction for something that account posts. Check the other tweets. 

The comments tell more of the story than those RTs. Philly do not have a large fanbase and it's proven time and time again.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Four million people watch Y&R every day. 175 people RTed in support of Philly (in like 20 hours). It’s a movement. lmao

Twitter support for this show is a statistical joke. But Mal uses it to direct story. Yeah what a pro.

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, miamama said:

Omg. Give it up FFS. They are middle aged cheating trash played by recasts. Not some root worthy light hearted romantic dream team.

It's pure insanity but I can't help but love that no matter how many rewrites they do to make them the victims, the majority still doesn't buy it.

1 minute ago, miamama said:

Four million people watch Y&R every day. 175 people RTed in support of Philly (in like 20 hours). It’s a movement. lmao

Twitter support for this show is a statistical joke. But Mal uses it to direct story. Yeah what a pro.

It's nothing, lol. They are a blip.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The comments tell more of the story than those RTs. Philly do not have a large fanbase and it's proven time and time again.

Bwa!!! Just went to Twitter.

The replies are hilarious!!!! 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, I thought you were making a correlation between the number of RTs and... something...about Philly.  I was just pointing out that the account doesn't get much interaction on anything they post. 

I didn't even read the comments. But the fact that there are so many compared to the other posts says alot too. Viewers care. Love or hate, they care. You can't say the same for some other couples and characters on the show. 

18 minutes ago, miamama said:

The higher the sample of any population, the higher the confidence in the results. Any statistician in my line of work would love to have a sample of 175 test items to make inferences. I'm lucky to get 10.  

My problem with using Twitter isn't sample size but that it skews younger so you're mostly getting the opinion of younger viewers from Twitter. So results are skewed. MY writing to that and couple stans is likely to alienate older viewers and non-couple stans. JMO. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, crowsworks said:

No Bali....with a brief stopover in the burning part of California.

Rotten Tomatoes... Randy Toebangers... record tentatively... really tired... Roadkill Tacos...  repugnant talentlessness...

Russian trolls...randy toddlers.....rumpled twatwaffles....

• Love 8
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

What I found interesting in the comments is that even people who like them as a couple are saying they hope Billy/Phyllis get something of substance soon, so the writing isn't even working for them!

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What I found interesting in the comments is that even people who like them as a couple are saying they hope Billy/Phyllis get something of substance soon, so the writing isn't even working for them!

This brings up a good question: What is Mal's plan? He has been openly vocal about Philly's value to him: they are a romcom master class; he has shown reels of their romcom mastery to execs at CBS. Gina is apparently the queen of physical comedy and she can only play this talent off -- inexplicably -- the dour Jason Thompson. Mal wants more and more comedy on the show. So are Philly going to be comedic relief with sexay times as the continuing theme? Because if he gives them some heavy drama -- which in a soap constitutes story -- what then? How can they be the romcom masters? Won't they just be another heavy -- predictable -- soap couple?

And really? This is what GT and JT want? To do fluffy pointless (not to mention silly and awkward) fanfic while others get the meat?

• Love 10
5 hours ago, miamama said:

Quoted again because it can not be said enough.  And I think the intern may have missed it the first time around.  Please-lose this couple.  They have absolutely nothing to do with the Show.

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, miamama said:

This is what GT and JT want? To do fluffy pointless (not to mention silly and awkward) fanfic while others get the meat?

Right?  If anything, they should be insulted that this is all MY thinks they are capable of offering.

• Love 6

Just saw some recaps. Ashley actually attempts a coup (while Jack is dealing with an ailing Dina).

Billy buys a horse for his girl (aka grandma Phyllis) and names it Philly

JFC.

Wow. Mal. You are some kind of tone deaf writer. And I'm not sure what those five Philly stans have on you, but it must be big.

Oh also Phyllis refuses to take any sides in the Abbott sibling war (between Jack and Ashley) because she is only on Billy's side. WTF?

Edited by miamama
  • Love 15

I guess cheating trash is what tickles Mal's fancy. Philly, Scabby... I will never root for these pairings.

I'm a total Jack apologist, but bringing up Ash's paternity is not cool and, as miamama points out, is a bit out of character. I hate the bullshit on soaps that biology is everything.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, miamama said:

Just saw some recaps. Ashley actually attempts a coup (while Jack is dealing with an ailing Dina).

Billy buys a horse for his girl (aka grandma Phyllis) and names it Philly

JFC.

Wow. Mal. You are some kind of tone deaf writer. And I'm not sure what those five Philly stans have on you, but it must be big.

Oh also Phyllis refuses to take any sides in the Abbott sibling war (between Jack and Ashley) because she is only on Billy's side. WTF?

And where is she going to keep this horse? In Dummer's Malibu Penthouse?

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I guess cheating trash is what tickles Mal's fancy. Philly, Scabby... I will never root for these pairings.

I'm a total Jack apologist, but bringing up Ash's paternity is not cool and, as miamama points out, is a bit out of character. I hate the bullshit on soaps that biology is everything.

It pisses me off too because five minutes earlier we have Billy assuring Ashley that biology doesn't matter and they have a big old hug. But JACK, Jack is shown to be this callous and this stupid? Please.

Give it up Mal. Billy ButtBiscuit is not going to be some fucking star ABBOTT on this show no matter how hard you try.

• Love 16

So did Billy only spring for half a horse? Phyllis already has the back end, so getting a whole equine seems redundant and financially irresponsible. And does Billy really want his lover to see something with visible-to-the-naked-eye genitalia?  So many questions...

• Love 16
44 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

So did Billy only spring for half a horse? Phyllis already has the back end, so getting a whole equine seems redundant and financially irresponsible. And does Billy really want his lover to see something with visible-to-the-naked-eye genitalia?  So many questions...

he's just projecting.

so, i read today that scott tells abby he thinks of having sex with her but he is going to be with sharon...then she brings up the age difference or something...****kanyeshrug****

i will bet abby will someway/somehow let sharon know she and scott had sex...she's petty like that.  especially if she thinks it will hurt sharon and even better break up her and scott.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 12

We finally got to see baby Sam ❤️ And he was a real baby, not a doll in a blanket. No matter how much of an arse Cane is, I always love to see actors holding babies when they are parents in real life.

(BTW, I mean both male and female actors!)

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Nope. They hate it. 

• Love 3

RT must be an abbreviation for RFTR (Reach for the Remote).

What was the name of the person in Greek mythology that had his liver eaten out every day?  Because MY must continuously punish Jack/PB just like that.  Jack can never be allowed happiness, can't even have his sons on the show to support him, must be outdone by Prick, must be put in his place by Ashley, and must be shown in every instance to be far inferior to his superstar stud little brother.

5 hours ago, miamama said:

And really? This is what GT and JT want? To do fluffy pointless (not to mention silly and awkward) fanfic while others get the meat?

I think GT just wants to model the circa 1998 Britney Spears Do Me Baby One More Time fashion collection for 45 year olds that want to look 19.  Any acting (acteen) is completely incidental.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, pearlite said:

My high school went condo - two actually (The Loretto and the Schoolhouse Lofts). Condo hell is a reality in any large city now.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

If ButtBiscuit is looking at the rear end of his My Little Pony, it must feel like he's looking in a mirror.  

Mr. Ed, he's not.

Any chance the horsie storyline will involve gelding and a case of mistaken identity??  Oh, the laffffffs, oh, the whoomore these two brinnnnggg! to the shew.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Tippi said:

What was the name of the person in Greek mythology that had his liver eaten out every day?  Because MY must continuously punish Jack/PB just like that.  Jack can never be allowed happiness, can't even have his sons on the show to support him, must be outdone by Prick, must be put in his place by Ashley, and must be shown in every instance to be far inferior to his superstar stud little brother.

One of the versions of the Prometheus myth? And good analogy here, Tippi! I sit there and watch this crap unfolding and wonder why MY's ineptitude thinks torturing Jack will create sympathy for him, or something. It's beyond me at this point in the character-destruction sale we're subjected to. I'm thinking of going into early mourning for Ashley myself--MY has a flawless ability to render characters one-dimensional. [Mind you, Beth Maitland's hair looked very nice. I wish, even with this crap, that she'd be back full-time as a character.]

And that horseshit with Phyllis and JT? This stuff just clanks like Marley's ghost. These two are more or less infantile at this point, not charming.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, marina to said:

My high school went condo - two actually (The Loretto and the Schoolhouse Lofts). Condo hell is a reality in any large city now.

Old Loretto on Brunswick? Argh. Around me, they convert churches from the 1890s into lofts, if they don't just rip them down.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Tippi said:

19 hours ago, miamama said:

43 minutes ago, pearlite said:

One of the versions of the Prometheus myth? And good analogy here, Tippi! I sit there and watch this crap unfolding and wonder why MY's ineptitude thinks torturing Jack will create sympathy for him, or something. It's beyond me at this point in the character-destruction sale we're subjected to. I'm thinking of going into early mourning for Ashley myself--MY has a flawless ability to render characters one-dimensional. [Mind you, Beth Maitland's hair looked very nice. I wish, even with this crap, that she'd be back full-time as a character.]

The Jack-Ashley thing is so WTF? Ashley and Jack have been chasing Graham and Dina for WEEKS, mostly with Ashley leading this charge. So if Jack wasn't doing his job as CEO it was because there was a family crisis. Then she says it started when Jack's MARRIAGE FELL APART. OH MY GOD. You mean when Billy was fucking Jack's wife for months and taunting Jack about it? Or afterwards, when Phyllis and Billy BLAMED Jack for THEIR AFFAIR AND BILLY CONTINUED TO TAUNT JACK ABOUT IT? (Of course we all forget Jack was kidnapped/tortured/beaten for weeks just prior to his MARRIAGE FALLING APART and of course Billy and Phyllis' PassKey fiasco almost destroyed Jabot as did Phyllis demanding Jack not out Victor to the cops and therefore he had to PAY Victor $500K). But hey Ash he should do his job right?)

And how dare Jack go after B&S, entirely legally -- Jabot's COMPETITOR who was DIRECTLY GOING AFTER JABOT PRODUCTS AND SQUATTING IN JABOT'S LAB? And this was before Billy's corporate espionage (including taking advantage of Ashley's dementia-stricken mother) AGAINST JABOT.

She is all I wuv you Biwwy you are so cute why aren't you and Phyllis getting married you widdle scamp? Go take the Jabot jet AGAIN to fuck your sister in the law in the air as much you can. Please. Have fun. But be sure to be on my side when I push Jack out of the job he has held for decades? The job for which he is actually qualified and I am not (as I am a chemist actually).

And if I have to hear Ashley and Billy remind Jack what a disappointment he was to John, how he will NEVER measure up, how he caused his heart attack and premature DEATH oh my god....

I just can't.

No wonder Jack hit Ashley below the belt. Really. I just can't with this shit any more.

sorry for all the screaming. I am screaming (internally).

Edited by miamama
so many typos in rage posts
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

And that horseshit with Phyllis and JT? This stuff just clanks like Marley's ghost. These two are more or less infantile at this point, not charming.

Now if they wanted to do an early onset dementia story they should have had Philly somehow contract genital brain parasites and had them be found locked together like dogs. Of course, Jack would have to nursemaid them both

Or accidentally drown them while bathing them.

The parasites would be from fucking on Kitchen counters after Phyl cut up turkey on it.

It could happen!

I think I heard an urban legend about that....

• Love 13