Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Now that Bella said she was going to see Mommy, Chelsea will run with that, involve Nick in finding Chloe and Kevin. This will drag on and on and on. Please just let this go, writers. We do not care anymore, if we ever did.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Now that Bella said she was going to see Mommy, Chelsea will run with that, involve Nick in finding Chloe and Kevin. This will drag on and on and on. Please just let this go, writers. We do not care anymore, if we ever did.

The only way I would let this 'story' continue is if: 

1. They bring GR back in his incarnation of computer whiz, logical thinker good guy that he kinda became lately.
  2. They kill off Chloe-permanently. (this is non-negotiable)
  3. Bella either goes off to boarding school or Kevin becomes an involved father and he and Nick start a day care.
  4. Kevin/Greg gets more screen time and better stories than chasing after idiots like Chloe.

I have spoken, Show.

• Love 12

My ex SIL has MS, Nicki scrunching up her face and holding out her old ugly hands, is getting on her nerves. Yes, my SIL has flare-ups, but you have to be stupid not to notice her pain, let alone play some huge concert! 

Get the paternity test results already, and can we have kids that really act , to be Cane and Lilly's kids? These two are horrible...

I think Chelsea believed Kevin when he said Bella says going to see mummy , means at the grave. They sure all hugged Kevin like he was leaving imho..

• Love 3
On 7/6/2017 at 10:21 PM, crowsworks said:

Victoria reminds me of Joan in Bette and Joan. Big thick black eyebrows. Scary fact. Bette and Joan were only in their 50's in Baby Jane - being played by actresses in their 70's and they had to.  make them look more haggered. Smokin' and hard livin'.

Comparing sad sack AH to Queen Joan? Bite your tongue! Even Bette wouldn't be so cruel!

• Love 5
On 7/6/2017 at 5:00 PM, peacheslatour said:

I have an hour glass shape and freakishly long legs, I love wearing high waisted jeans.

Opposite here. Long body, narrow hips,  wide shoulders, (Basically a guy with tata's and no Winky) Hip huggers are right at my waist...love em.

On 7/6/2017 at 5:47 PM, peacheslatour said:

I'm short too, 5'3'. I just have weird long legs. Lol, I take a longer inseam than my 5" taller husband.

On 7/7/2017 at 7:59 PM, TwistedSoul7 said:

Chelsea's designs are so ugly. I wish they would stop hyping it up because they truly are tragic. They need to leave the fashion to their sister show. They do it much better.

They need to hire one of the better project runway folks and let them do some actual faux-couture clothes.

3 hours ago, Lithogirl said:

Comparing sad sack AH to Queen Joan? Bite your tongue! Even Bette wouldn't be so cruel!

Just the Sharpie Eyebrows.

• Love 3

Lordy, today was a snoozefest.

• It looks like Nick is going to sabotage the concert by doing something that leads the safety inspector to deem the venue unsafe.
  • Vic tells Billy not to tell Jill anything, and he proceeds to tell her almost everything.  Cane later fills in the blanks and tells her Juliet is preggers.  Jill huffs and puffs and then goes ahead with her vacation anyways.
  • The reason Esther cannot leave GC is because that is where all her memories of Chloe are.  Right, like a real live daughter of Chloe wouldn't be more comforting than a bunch of messed up and painful memories?
  • Jack suggests to the Drinki that they should be more than friends.
  • Prick tells Drinki that he only planned the benefit to make her happy and not to cause her pain or stress.
  • Vic seems to be softening toward Prick after he stopped by at her office to support her.
  • Juliet gets the test results and in the previews we see that she is at Cane and Lily's to deliver the news, so I suppose this means the baby is Cane's.  Don't imagine she would go face to face to tell them he is not the baby daddy.
  • Love 8

Why does Juliet keep going to Hillary for advice/consoling? Hilary can barely suppress her eye rolls when she sees Juliet these days. It's getting sad, girl.

Also, Cane IS the father. Juliet tells him she doesn't need him and will raise the baby on her own and apologizes to Lily. Lily later tells Cane to go out there and tell Juliet he will be there for his child.

Cane just stands around crying and feeling sorry for himself.

Phyllis and Billy are at the pool all day long and I spent the whole time wondering what I had done in my past life to deserve the punishment of having to watch them flirt and try and be cute. Blergh.

Hilary interviews Nikki, Victor and Victoria. It was boring.

Nick sabotaged the soundboard and unless they can fix it pronto, the concert is cancelled. Abby is freaking out. Victor is none too pleased.

Kevin, Bella, and Chloe are holed up in a motel room. Chloe is freaking out that Dr. Nutjob will find her. She also confesses to Kevin that Victurd was behind getting her out of the looney bin and setting her up with Dr. Nutso.

I can't remember any of the previews.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Why does Juliet keep going to Hillary for advice/consoling? Hilary can barely suppress her eye rolls when she sees Juliet these days. It's getting sad, girl.

Also, Cane IS the father. Juliet tells him she doesn't need him and will raise the baby on her own and apologizes to Lily. Lily later tells Cane to go out there and tell Juliet he will be there for his child.

Cane just stands around crying and feeling sorry for himself.

Phyllis and Billy are at the pool all day long and I spent the whole time wondering what I had done in my past life to deserve the punishment of having to watch them flirt and try and be cute. Blergh.

Hilary interviews Nikki, Victor and Victoria. It was boring.

Nick sabotaged the soundboard and unless they can fix it pronto, the concert is cancelled. Abby is freaking out. Victor is none too pleased.

Kevin, Bella, and Chloe are holed up in a motel room. Chloe is freaking out that Dr. Nutjob will find her. She also confesses to Kevin that Victurd was behind getting her out of the looney bin and setting her up with Dr. Nutso.

I can't remember any of the previews.

YAY, @jewel21, for the recap!  Here's what I don't get.  Kevin was completely fine learning that Chloe was busted out of the facility by Prick in order to set up Adam to go to jail.  Whoa!  I guess he already knows that Chloe killed Adam, so this may be anti-climactic.  And he now knows that Prick hired Doc Demento to imprison Chloe.

And he is okay with that?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

tee hee hee, sally is rewriting old scripts, that's what phyl said to nick.

• Love 8

Lordy, Drinki is back in Pricktor's arms!

In spite of that, it was a fun show today with the benefit--will it happen or won't it?  Nick's sabotage was foiled by his own son. Noah went to the UG and brought a new sound board, and the show goes on.  But Nick didn't know this and went on stage to announce there would be no show tonight.  Fortunately for him, Tessa appeared on stage before he could embarrass himself in front of everyone.  Meanwhile, Prick has figured out that Nick is a saboteur.  (I just love that word.)

I was impressed for once with set dec.  The benefit actually looked great.

Dina looks so much better with her hair up, much younger and classier.  Less whatever happened to Baby Jane.  Ash, in her aging Veronica Lake do, should take a hint.

I will have to watch again to critique the gowns because I was cleaning out my fridge whilst half-watching.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

Lordy, Drinki is back in Pricktor's arms!

In spite of that, it was a fun show today with the benefit--will it happen or won't it?  Nick's sabotage was foiled by his own son. Noah went to the UG and brought a new sound board, and the show goes on.  But Nick didn't know this and went on stage to announce there would be no show tonight.  Fortunately for him, Tessa appeared on stage before he could embarrass himself in front of everyone.  Meanwhile, Prick has figured out that Nick is a saboteur.  (I just love that word.)

I was impressed for once with set dec.  The benefit actually looked great.

Dina looks so much better with her hair up, much younger and classier.  Less whatever happened to Baby Jane.  Ash, in her aging Veronica Lake do, should take a hint.

I will have to watch again to critique the gowns because I was cleaning out my fridge whilst half-watching.

Wait... what? How did that happen??

• Love 4

Can I hurl now after seeing Nikki give Grampire a couple of kisses? I thought she finally woken up. 

IA about the set etc. There was a large audience which was nice to see. Far more realistic than seeing the same faces every time.

Ravi sighting! 

Thanks banana

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Wait... what? How did that happen??

She was softened up by a stranger with MS who came to visit her backstage and told her what an inspiration she is to her and to so  many people.  Also Tessa telling her she is an inspiration.  Then Prick came back stage all sentimental-like to tell them that the show will go on.  And Drinki had the orange MS ribbon, and he must have said some nice things to her and she melted and kissed him.  I recall that he said that he loves her and he knows that she loves him too, and he did it in that daddy soft voice he uses.  It was only a matter of time.  Vic is also softening, and now Nick is made to look the bastard for being a saboteur.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, bannana said:

She was softened up by a stranger with MS who came to visit her backstage and told her what an inspiration she is to her and to so  many people.  Also Tessa telling her she is an inspiration.  Then Prick came back stage all sentimental-like to tell them that the show will go on.  And Drinki had the orange MS ribbon, and he must have said some nice things to her and she melted and kissed him.  I recall that he said that he loves her and he knows that she loves him too, and he did it in that daddy soft voice he uses.  It was only a matter of time.  Vic is also softening, and now Nick is made to look the bastard for being a saboteur.

Oh geez...Oh, crap my eyes rolled out of my head and under the fridge. Dammit, good thinf O jmow gow ro rouvh rype.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Diane M said:

Did Nikki play the piano, or didn't they get that far?

Tessa sang, and I actually liked it for once.

Drinki did not play today, but in the previews they show her sitting at the piano.  I assume, based on today's show and the MS person who said Drinki was an inspiration, and the Prick kiss, and Noah fixing the soundboard at the last minute, and everyone in the audience looking on adoringly, that she will not fall apart.

• Love 5

Ah, Tessa is the opening act to the 'star'.  If Nikki gets through her (2) selections, then she must have taken some serious meds for the pain.  What next....dinner and dancing?  I can't imagine everyone dressed to the nines just for this mini concert.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Diane M said:

Ah, Tessa is the opening act to the 'star'.  If Nikki gets through her (2) selections, then she must have taken some serious meds for the pain.  What next....dinner and dancing?  I can't imagine everyone dressed to the nines just for this mini concert.

They showed her with ice packs on her hands backstage. 

Nick did say to Prick, when he was trying to get him to cancel the concert, that there were appetizers and drinks upstairs at the TOTT.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Diane M said:

Ah, thanks for the info.  So Newman Towers is next door to Chancellor Park.  How convenient.

Hey, good point!  Because Chancellor Park is actually beside the GCAC.  So not sure if I heard correctly.

• Love 4

I think all the places we see our characters congregate are all lined up in a row.....or they encircle the park.  It's like a little city within a bigger city.  Ever notice the many skyscrapers that appear in the window of Victor's office?  You'd think GC was Chicago.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I haven't watched yet, but I did want to say that I really liked Victoria's hair and dress yesterday. She looked pretty.

She also has a brief, amusing scene with her father.  I giggled.  She played it well.  Victor even made me laugh with the curfew line about Ravi.  They all played well today, except Abby.  The young woman really is barely adequate.  

Thought Dina looked smashing.

BTW - and I imagine you've all coped well - but sorry for dropping the ball on Friday... the week got away from me all weekend. 

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

She also has a brief, amusing scene with her father.  I giggled.  She played it well.  Victor even made me laugh with the curfew line about Ravi.  They all played well today, except Abby.  The young woman really is barely adequate.  

Thought Dina looked smashing.

BTW - and I imagine you've all coped well - but sorry for dropping the ball on Friday... the week got away from me all weekend. 

No worries love.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Yuck, it was plain yuck. Its like they write it the day before..

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 3
On 7/6/2017 at 3:51 PM, Capricasix said:

I like Abby's skirt! I couldn't wear it, because I'm short and stumpy, but it looks great on her with the blue blouse (I love the colour).

Michael's voice does sound weird. It actually sounds like somebody dubbed his lines in.

They did dub his lines.  I listened to a soap call in show over the weekend and one of the hosts said CLB had laryngitis the day the scenes were taped and his vocals were indeed dubbed in later in post production.  

• Love 5

Yes, Nikki played and it was lovely.

She was icing her hands beforehand, and then she got a flare up right before going on, but she managed to suck it up and go onstage after a few long seconds of her name being called and people wondering where she was. She sat down and took another long minute before finally playing. She only played one song and then took her bow and left the stage. People were clapping and wondering if she was going to do an encore or take another bow but she was done.

Victor went backstage and saw her in pain. Jack came to check on her as well but she told him she was okay and would talk to him later.

Nick was being a sourpuss and even got mad at Noah for lending Abby his soundboard. He made an excuse that it could have been dangerous and Noah should have asked him first since it's his equipment. Shut up, Nick.

Cane broke the news to Charlie about Juliet's pregnancy at the coffee house while Lily told Maddie at home. Charlie stormed out and they showed him coming through his front door with Cane hot on his heels. He stormed off again and Maddie followed. Then Lily walked away leaving Cane all alone.

• Love 14

What a boring concert. You get all dressed up, Nicki in extreme pain, plays one song, and leaves. Ridiculous. As is the dress she was wearing.

I'm on the fence if Juliette is really carrying Cane's baby. Tests have been altered before on soaps.

• Love 6
(edited)

All that angst for months and months (or so it seems) and Nikki plays one song? One song? And it appears that is all she was supposed to play. Ugh. I do like the highlighting of MS though, and think MTS does a great job with the storyline. 

Has the actor playing Cane always whispered this much? Or is my hearing just getting worse. I swear sometimes I think I should use CC just to know what he is saying. He seems to think it adds to the drama of what he is saying, but it just makes me want to shake him. I hate women with whispery, childlike voices. (Now some women really have these voices which is different that those who don't but speak that way anyway). In a man, it just sounds ridiculous.

So tired of pregnancy stories. People who shouldn't be having sex and do, get pregnant. Yawn. And yes, who knows with the DNA version of Russian Roulette which is a staple in GC, if the results have been altered. Either way, I don't care. This has been done to death and I would really love if a writer could come up with something new to create drama.  I am not holding my breath. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Yes, Nikki played and it was lovely.

She was icing her hands beforehand, and then she got a flare up right before going on, but she managed to suck it up and go onstage after a few long seconds of her name being called and people wondering where she was. She sat down and took another long minute before finally playing. She only played one song and then took her bow and left the stage. People were clapping and wondering if she was going to do an encore or take another bow but she was done.

Victor went backstage and saw her in pain. Jack came to check on her as well but she told him she was okay and would talk to him later.

Nick was being a sourpuss and even got mad at Noah for lending Abby his soundboard. He made an excuse that it could have been dangerous and Noah should have asked him first since it's his equipment. Shut up, Nick.

Cane broke the news to Charlie about Juliet's pregnancy at the coffee house while Lily told Maddie at home. Charlie stormed out and they showed him coming through his front door with Cane hot on his heels. He stormed off again and Maddie followed. Then Lily walked away leaving Cane all alone.

Thanks! I really liked the way they showed how the twins were told. Them all walking away from Cane was done so quietly that it was effective. CK has done a good job IMO . I'd be pretty freakin' shrill too. Her facial hair xpressions have been spot on as a woman betrayed,confused and hurt deeply. 

I don't think it's Cane's either and I don't think he even touched her. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Thanks! I really liked the way they showed how the twins were told. Them all walking away from Cane was done so quietly that it was effective. CK has done a good job IMO . I'd be pretty freakin' shrill too. Her facial hair xpressions have been spot on as a woman betrayed,confused and hurt deeply. 

I don't think it's Cane's either and I don't think he even touched her. 

I feel the same way, he was just too fucked up to do anything. Hasn't Show ever heard of whisky dick? Maybe it's different with sake.

• Love 7

Today's show was jam-packed with action!

• Nick and Prick got into an actual fist fight, and Hilary caught the whole thing on camera.
  • Drinki fled the scene with a gallant Jack, who took her to the Abbott cabin where they kissed!
  • Prick disowned Nick and then later told Scott he values his loyalty and that he is more loyal than some of his own family members.
  • Abby, whiny and insecure, threw a drink in Victoria's face, which surprised her and she lost her balance, fell and hit her head.
  • Mariah realizes that Devon is not that into her, after all, and she sobs in Tessa's arms.
  • Dina got confused when Jack left her to help Drinki, and now Ravi is aware that something is wrong, likely dementia.
  • Kevin and Chloe are holed up in a motel making plans for Portland, or Potterville; at the same time, Doc Demento calls Pricktor and tells him what happened and that Chloe is with Kevin.  Previews show Prick knocking at the motel room door, and Kevin asks, who is it, and Prick says: your worst nightmare.
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Has the actor playing Cane always whispered this much? Or is my hearing just getting worse. I swear sometimes I think I should use CC just to know what he is saying. He seems to think it adds to the drama of what he is saying, but it just makes me want to shake him. I hate women with whispery, childlike voices. (Now some women really have these voices which is different that those who don't but speak that way anyway). In a man, it just sounds ridiculous.

Yeah, this whispering crap drives my daughter & me nuts. FFS man, speak UP!! If he has a legitimate health problem, ok , if not, this is not a great acting choice.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, bannana said:

Today's show was jam-packed with action!

• Nick and Prick got into an actual fist fight, and Hilary caught the whole thing on camera.
  • Drinki fled the scene with a gallant Jack, who took her to the Abbott cabin where they kissed!
  • Prick disowned Nick and then later told Scott he values his loyalty and that he is more loyal than some of his own family members.
  • Abby, whiny and insecure, threw a drink in Victoria's face, which surprised her and she lost her balance, fell and hit her head.
  • Mariah realizes that Devon is not that into her, after all, and she sobs in Tessa's arms.
  • Dina got confused when Jack left her to help Drinki, and now Ravi is aware that something is wrong, likely dementia.
  • Kevin and Chloe are holed up in a motel making plans for Portland, or Potterville; at the same time, Doc Demento calls Pricktor and tells him what happened and that Chloe is with Kevin.  Previews show Prick knocking at the motel room door, and Kevin asks, who is it, and Prick says: your worst nightmare.

Zowie! Shit's hitting the fan! Thanks bannana!

• Love 10

Oh boy, I can't wait to see this on Monday. About time something interesting happened on this show. I just hope that Nikki has kicked Victor to the curb once and for all. But of course, I'm delusional when it comes to this couple. I hope Nick beats Victor to a melting pulp and leaves him to die on the garage floor.

• Love 9

Cane has been whispering as his acting choice for months now and I've complained about that for months now. Who else has done this on a soap or any other show? This is NOT acting, Cane. This is a lack of acting ability. Just stop it and start speaking aloud like all of the other actors do on your show. And every other show on TV! 

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Oh boy, I can't wait to see this on Monday. About time something interesting happened on this show. I just hope that Nikki has kicked Victor to the curb once and for all. But of course, I'm delusional when it comes to this couple. I hope Nick beats Victor to a melting pulp and leaves him to die on the garage floor.

Gam2, your post is music to my ears!

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I feel the same way, he was just too fucked up to do anything. Hasn't Show ever heard of whisky dick? Maybe it's different with sake.

Whisky Dick?  Awww, is this Phyllis' pet name for ButtBiscuit?

• Love 10