Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Why would Neil do that?  He runs a huge company with Devon, so shouldn't that keep him very busy?  Why does he need to be super close to Lily?  How about driving to the prison once a week for a visit?  I can't believe prisoners are allowed visitors every day. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

IKR? I'll just say again, it's about the equivalent of a long pregnancy, it's not 25 years without parole. Christ on a cracker.

And as much as I detest Mia, Devyawn is working my last nerve too. Mal should put the two of them together and have them go to the Dominican Republic to get Mia a quickie divorce, followed by a quickie wedding and a looong, loooong honeymoon around the world. Bonus points if it's neverending.

Maybe be a tiny bit bigamous and marry Nate as well?  They can take him on the around the world honeymoon, but if they drop him off half way, I'd be good.

Preferably somewhere in the deep blue sea, far, far from land.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Diane M said:

Why would Neil do that?  He runs a huge company with Devon, so shouldn't that keep him very busy?  Why does he need to be super close to Lily?  How about driving to the prison once a week for a visit?  I can't believe prisoners are allowed visitors every day. 

Right!  And I think I heard Devon defend himself to WhyIsNate by saying he has flown to see Lily multiple times.  So why does Neil need to relocate, when he also could fly up whenever he wants?

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Diane M said:

I can't believe prisoners are allowed visitors every day. 

Soap prisoners are!  In fact, soap prisoners have better social lives than I do, not to mention better food.  I still remember one of the times James Stenbeck on ATWT was in prison, he sat in a La-Z-Boy recliner and had steak with a glass of wine.  Maybe his punishment was that the wine was from a box.  Disclaimer: I went through a bit of my box of Chardonnay after my horrendous drive home in the snow last Thursday :)

giphy.gif

• Love 14
1 minute ago, bannana said:

Right!  And I think I heard Devon defend himself to WhyIsNate by saying he has flown to see Lily multiple times.  So why does Neil need to relocate, when he also could fly up whenever he wants?

Maybe there are people in that part of the state who haven't yet been bored beyond endurance by Kneel?  People who haven't yet been numbed into a coma by his jazz lectures?

It's a big world out there!

1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Soap prisoners are!  In fact, soap prisoners have better social lives than I do, not to mention better food.  I still remember one of the times James Stenbeck on ATWT was in prison, he had a La-Z-Boy recliner and had steak with a glass of wine.  Maybe his punishment was that the wine was from a box.  Disclaimer: I went through a bit of my box of Chardonnay after my horrendous drive home in the snow last Thursday :)

giphy.gif

True story - I went rafting with a group of friends back in the 80's, we hit a rock that caused our inflatable raft to sink mid-stream and as all our belongings, camping gear, food, etc., floated away, I saved the box of wine and swam to shore without letting my cigarette (remember, it WAS the 80's) even get wet.

Priorities, people, priorities!

• Love 20
9 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

apparently neil moved to be closer to where lily is.....

ksj recently got married so maybe that's why we haven't seen him.

Yes. I just wondered if that was the show's way of writing KSJ off the show? However, consider how much press writing Paul, Ashley, and other veterns off the show, I'm surprised it hasn't made the headlines yet. 

Perhaps he is simply on his honeymoon. Hopefully he hasn't been kidnapped by an evil doppelganger and a ship full of pirates. 

• Love 8

Do either of these two dummies ever heard the term rebound relationships? They were publicly dumped a minutes ago and they are now rushing into a serious living together relationship. Could neither one be alone for one goddamned day?

• Love 16

Today we get to see Nick’s new house which I can only assume is made up of remnants of the Ashby living room. The track lighting was awful.

Ugh, Tessa. I keep wanting to like her, mostly because I love Mariah, but she is just such a lying liar who lies!

• Love 11

So Tessa packed up the big Teddy Bear in a box and had it mailed to herself, and she says it is from Crystal.  They have a bear thing from way back.  She comes up with some weird explanation for why it is post-marked GC and not Canada.  Mariah seems to buy it.  Tessa displays the bear in a prominent place on the kitchen counter.

2 hours ago, misokinesia said:

Today we get to see Nick’s new house which I can only assume is made up of remnants of the Ashby living room. The track lighting was awful.

Ugh, Tessa. I keep wanting to like her, mostly because I love Mariah, but she is just such a lying liar who lies!

Yes, she is, she doubles and triples down.

• Love 12

Interesting, I thought that Tessa really was shipping that bear off to her sister, and then when Mariah came over the next morning she'd find Tessa murdered. And then Crystal would send the footage/money to the police which would result in one of the coven getting arrested for the murder. (But then it would turn out to be JT, or if JT's really dead, then whoever did move the body.)

Well, maybe it'll still be sort of like that anyway, since everything seems to point to Tessa getting murdered real soon now. So, she dies, Crystal comes to town and sees the bear and Mariah remarks on how Crystal sent it to Tessa, and of course Crystal knows she didn't do any such thing, so she opens up the bear and finds the footage/money and hands it over to the police?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Interesting, I thought that Tessa really was shipping that bear off to her sister, and then when Mariah came over the next morning she'd find Tessa murdered. And then Crystal would send the footage/money to the police which would result in one of the coven getting arrested for the murder. (But then it would turn out to be JT, or if JT's really dead, then whoever did move the body.)

Well, maybe it'll still be sort of like that anyway, since everything seems to point to Tessa getting murdered real soon now. So, she dies, Crystal comes to town and sees the bear and Mariah remarks on how Crystal sent it to Tessa, and of course Crystal knows she didn't do any such thing, so she opens up the bear and finds the footage/money and hands it over to the police?

Yup. It’s either your second para OR Mariah tried to dupe Tessa and Tessa flips her shit, takes Mariah hostage, and the Banana Splits have to go save her ass, and Tessa gets killed in the ensuing Keystone Cops confusion. They just rehash this shit over and over and over. Hey, maybe they’ll have Tessa kidnap Mariah and take her to the Abbot cabin since,yanno, there are almost no Abbots left anyway. This show is so bad now that I spend too much time watching it and thinking NO, You’re U SHOULD DO IT THID WAY, DUH! Like, Mariah should tell Tessa they need to start over, no nooky, just getting to know one another again, and go away for a long weekend far away, leaving a key with Sharon so they can search the apartment for money and flash drives. DUH. How hard is it to write something believable?

• Love 6

James Stenbeck on ATWT was in prison, he sat in a La-Z-Boy recliner and had steak with a glass of wine.

Kind of workin' on his Hannibal Lecter impersonation.

Faith is going to hate Phyllis.

Not gonna happen. Do you really think Mal would allow that to happen? You hide and watch, this will be first girlfriend/side piece that Faith finally does like.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 5
On 2018-11-20 at 9:19 PM, Diane M said:

Okay, ditch Christian, rush into the bedroom, have sex.  Faith is going to hate Phyllis.

Why couldn’t Christian have asked where Mama Sharon was? Or at least said no when Nick asked if it was okay for PhyllAss to move in? Faith had better hate Phyll 🤬

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Why couldn’t Christian have asked where Mama Sharon was? Or at least said no when Nick asked if it was okay for PhyllAss to move in? Faith had better hate Phyll 🤬

Jabot needs to expedite a couple of cases of Creemy Nood to casa Dick ASAP.

• Love 7

So-so episode--holiday/murder/betrayal angst. Good to see Dina, though.

Can't say Kerry does much for me. But on the Rosales front, there was one good line, unfortunately delivered badly by the Mia actress--referring to Sharon as Saint Sharon of the Flatiron.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Can't say Kerry does much for me. But on the Rosales front, there was one good line, unfortunately delivered badly by the Mia actress--referring to Sharon as Saint Sharon of the Flatiron.

sounds like mal has been reading the boards again.......

• Love 5
10 hours ago, pearlite said:

Even though it wasn't the greatest delivery, it did make me snort-laugh a little.

7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Would some of you Canadian Preverts give us poor yanks a break and post some recaps? There's been nothing but football and football adjacent crap on in place of Show for the last two days.

Thursday's episode was a bit of snore.

The Abbotts (+Kerry and -Ashley) have Thanksgiving dinner. During dinner Ashley texts Jack to basically say thanks for the invite, but suck it. She's launching her My Beauty line in the spring and she's super busy. Kerry gets sassy and says to reply that they'll meet her in the marketplace or something to that effect.

Lola is making dinner and, I kind of spaced out here, Mia convinces her to invite over Arturo for dinner with them to somehow work it out with Rey but to not tell him Rey will be there. So, she invites Arturo, who in turn says he'll ask Abby (relieving her of her Abbott dinner duties), which Lola does not relay to Mia. Rey comes home, Arturo and Abby show up, there's some sniping between pretty much everyone and then they have dinner. Lola says she's cooked an extra turkey and bunch of side dishes for Sharon's dinner to feed the homeless and then they're all voluntold that they're helping.

While Rey was at work earlier, he stopped by Victoria's looking for Victor. Nikki's there, but no Victor, because...business? Apparently. Don't worry, he'll be back next week. Rey doesn't buy it. He leaves and Nikki and Victoria discuss the video and Tessa. Victoria is going to fix things somehow. Nick and the kids show up, then Billy. They get into it a bit and then Nick tells everyone else about Phyllis moving in. Disgust all around!

At Crimson Lights, Mariah says she needs to go out of town that night to work on a GC Buzz piece about charities or something...I feel like she's going to end up digging into things for a feel-good story and eventually find out that none of the GC shelters received any donations. Seems like she's just trying to blow off the first weekend after moving back in with Liar Liar Pants on Fire. Once Tessa leaves, Sharon texts someone, obviously Victoria, that she's just left. 

Tessa comes home and finds Victoria in her apartment.

I'm sure there's more that I'm missing, but I think that covers most of it.

No Wednesday show due to the holiday.

Edited by misokinesia
words are hard and I had my days mixed up. twice. oops.
  • Love 13

Damn!  I really expected Mariah to be the one to discover Teddy's hidden loot.  But it was a wonderful thing to see Victoria finally get out of her "woe is me" slump, and she couldn't have picked a better target than Tessa.  I loved the way she took the upper hand with Tessa right out of the gate, throwing all of her past transgressions in her face and suggesting that she could easily be painted as the  murderer.  Then we find out that Vic has planted a camera of her own and knows all about Teddy, and she rips the shit out of the poor bear, and money and flash drive come tumbling out.  Vic takes all of it, and Tessa whines that she just wants to be able to stay in GC!  Hah!  I am a little disappointed that we are not going to get weeks of ominous close-ups of Teddy.

Rey Rey has decided that he is no longer repulsed by Mia, and jumps her bones.  Funny thing is she invokes coitus interruptus.  Bitch likes to veer from thirsty to being a tease in less than two seconds.  Just how long ago was it that Arturo and Mia screwed around on Rey Rey?  I mean, he's been in GC for a while now.  Never mind, I really don't care, do you?

Anyone here remember those horrid insufferable scenes of Phick playing video games?  That was when we had giggly MS playing Phyllis, which was unpleasant to watch.  Now we have the same scenes with GT's decidedly not giggly Phyllis, and it is still unpleasant to watch.  I kind of liked Sharon showing up and expressing both her contempt and indifference and then stomping out with Faith's book.  Sharon looked nice with that sparkly scarf.  But stop putting her with Billy, please.  I like that Sharon and Vic seem to be actually becoming friends.

Vic tells Sharon that she has dealt with Tessa but now they have to worry about who moved the body.  Du'uh, of course it is Prick.

Kerry and Jack scenes were sweet and believable.  She seems a good match for him.

• Love 12

Previews from the end of Thursday's CDN:

Drinki on the phone to Prick; she is at Vic's house, because I guess she no longer has a house, and he is in front of some sort of generic wavy gold backdrop that is meant to be Singapore or wherever he has been hiding.  Drinki: I missed you so much on the holiday, and Prick replies: I missed you more than you know.

Devon, answering his door (thankfully it is not WhyIsNate):  Ana?  and, Ana replies: I sure hope you saved some turkey for your little sister?!  And they hug, as he says: OMG.

And Sharon to Nick at his destination resort house, she is holding Phyllis' bra and Phyllis walks in, we saw that on Friday's ep.  Tessa to Vic saying she will call the police, but we already know how that went down.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i'm surprised you didn't get a show on thurday....our cdn shows never missed a day this week.

I no longer keep track but was surprised to get a show Thursday and Friday.  I think there was none on Wednesday though.

• Love 7

Thanks, bananna!

i actually really enjoyed AH going on on Tessa!

But character-swerve with Mia, not so much.

There’s nothing to be said re Nick and Phyllis at Animal House. And the Kerry thing seems too obvious, but, as Marilyn Monroe might have said, that’s just I...

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 4

Although Nick said that he would tell Sharon about his stupid idea of his new roommate, of course he once again wusses out and Sharon had to find out for herself. 

Go Victoria. Things I have rarely said over the years.

Tessa is the lamest grifter ever.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I no longer keep track but was surprised to get a show Thursday and Friday.  I think there was none on Wednesday though.

Yes, you're correct! I had to go back and check my PVR. There was no Wednesday show for me too, not Thursday as I had thought. I had my days mixed up. Twice. Ha! To be fair, I work on a 24/7 rotating shift schedule and almost never know what day it actually is ;)

• Love 6

I'm getting tired of the Rosales clan eating up this show. Friday's eppy was dull with all the Mia and Rey drama and lovemaking. Blergh. Thank god for Victoria showing up Tessa. 

It was nice to see Johnny again. He looks the same! Such a cutie!

Kerry took off awfully fast. Was it just because it was getting late or something more? I don't trust her. Her face while she was texting after Jack went off to get some more wine isn't sitting well with me. And who was she texting? A driver? Or someone else?

• Love 12
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm getting tired of the Rosales clan eating up this show. Friday's eppy was dull with all the Mia and Rey drama and lovemaking. Blergh. Thank god for Victoria showing up Tessa. 

It was nice to see Johnny again. He looks the same! Such a cutie!

Kerry took off awfully fast. Was it just because it was getting late or something more? I don't trust her. Her face while she was texting after Jack went off to get some more wine isn't sitting well with me. And who was she texting? A driver? Or someone else?

I hope Kerry isn’t working with PhyllAss to mess with Jack for some reason. They were having a nice evening then things went hinky. 

Are we going to be subjected to Phuck screwing every.single.episode the way we were with  Phylly?🤮

God help us and please give strength to our FF fingers. 

• Love 14