Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I didn't mind Nick in the tool belt either. He's kind of a dolt but he is attractive.

I've always liked him, and his dimples. He's aged well, unlike his ex, who has a puffy face and squinty eyes now. WTG Sharon.

My daughter in law bumped into the actor who plays Billy, she said he's much taller in person, and quite good looking.( extremely pleasant to talk with )  He sure looks after his parents..

• Love 5
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Yes indeed! Let us hope Nick doesn't try to open a jar of pickles while in his birthday suit. Or a jar of Sage's toenail clippings. 

I'd be surprised if Nick had any of Ol' Hammertoe's clippings left, he should have eaten them all by now.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, NeverLate said:

Then leave off the heels, she looks way older than she is.

She has no control over the wardrobe. But I agree, she has got to be in agony half the time. Whenever I wear high heels I wobble around like an idiot. And to think, I used to be able to run in them.

• Love 10

Just once I would love to see MTS wearing a pair of Birkenstocks.  Or Dansko.  I cringe almost every time I see her mince along...not shaming, just feeling sympathy for being squeezed into shoes/clothes that are uncomfortable or hurt.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, crowsworks said:

stick her in some slacks and a sweater and she looks 10 yrs younger.

She does actually, at the cabin with Jack. I thought that was the best she had looked in a long time. I'm afraid she should retire those long thick extensions..not a good look on her.

• Love 3

She has to do the 'old callgirl' look - wives for Today's Senile Billionaires. 

21 hours ago, NeverLate said:

She does actually, at the cabin with Jack. I thought that was the best she had looked in a long time. I'm afraid she should retire those long thick extensions..not a good look on her.

• Love 3
On 12/30/2017 at 3:09 AM, bannana said:

Are you talking about MTS?  If so, you think that she cannot act? 

I think she's fine-to-good playing sober Nicki, but jesus, MTS does one of the top five drunks I've ever seen - just so dead on.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, film noire said:

I think she's fine-to-good playing sober Nicki, but jesus, MTS does one of the top five drunks I've ever seen - just so dead on.

Agreed! And Drunk Nikki would have brightened up yesterday's CDN episode.

Another of Mal's Special Delivery for Stans! episodes--this one titled, "You Want Your Couples? I'm on It!" That was unutterably dull, and Western Union ought to sue for the amount of telegraphing that went on.

• Love 13

Like how fast the reveal was from Nick to Sharon and that she got all the info from Nick & Mariah. Then confronted them both, Abby has some nerve trying to turn it on Sharon as the bad one.

Surprised at Lauren's reaction.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Like how fast the reveal was from Nick to Sharon and that she got all the info from Nick & Mariah. Then confronted them both, Abby has some nerve trying to turn it on Sharon as the bad one.

I was recalling Sally Sussman's original interview and how she found things were rushed on show. Like she said she would have milked years out of the Carmine goes nuts storyline.

Why can't we have a happy medium between Slow Sally and In-A-Rush-Mal?

Sharon learning and reacting should have taken a number of days, first Nick and that convo. Then Mariah and that convo. Then the Scott confrontation. And finally after we are positively dying to see it: the Abby confrontation.  Not that I give a fuck because I have not watched a second of this Scott guy and Abby irritates me but it's a big story. Take your damn time.

• Love 11

Dina's son?  Are you talking about Graham?  Not her son, just her paid companion before Jack and Ashley sent him on his way.  Maybe they'll hire him to watch over her, since he did a pretty good job in the past.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Diane M said:

Dina's son?  Are you talking about Graham?  Not her son, just her paid companion before Jack and Ashley sent him on his way.  Maybe they'll hire him to watch over her, since he did a pretty good job in the past.

I thought Graham was her son for some reason..anyway Dina has the baby..

• Love 1

Must comment on Lauren’s face, looks like a thread lift or the real thing, the corners of her mouth almost reach her ears!!  Joker style!!  LOL. Her hair and that low cut top for work??  She looked like a hooker looking for a score in the halls of the GCAC...

Connor is adorable sitting at that table with his hands on his cheeks, he was enjoying the cat fight too.  Christian cute as ever!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

This is the most nonsensical bullshit I have ever seen.

I saw a recap on Twitter. So let me get this straight. Dina stopped off at the club (she had a driver or a minder, yes, whom she asked to "make a stop"?). She snatched up little Christian when everyone was focused on the cat fight, thinking this baby is her Jackie, took him home in a cab (what about the driver and car?) and upstairs to her room. Later she asks for cocoa and somehow the baby breaks the cup and she's downstairs and they all discover Christian.

Did she hand her baby Jackie over to Nick because she was asked to?

I noticed in the recap that Dina said "Jackie loved the cab ride." Mal was so raked over the coals for not explaining how Dina got to the Underground to set it on fire that he tweeted back at people saying "she took a cab." 

This time he wrote it in the script. lmao.

40 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LOL @ Mal believing the audience should give a damn about cheating when he writes Philly as true love.

Oh do hold on. I'm sure Scabby will be back to their Moonlighting banter soon enough! Cheaters are hot AND funny. And as @NinjaPenguins put it awhile ago, Scott and Abby are the junior high version of Philly (or something more clever than that).

• Love 10

So we’re supposed to believe that the driver Jack trusted to care for his mother and take her home was diverted to the club, let her walk in, kidnap a small child and then drove them back to the Abbott Mansion? Really?! Really??!! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

So we’re supposed to believe that the driver Jack trusted to care for his mother and take her home was diverted to the club, let her walk in, kidnap a small child and then drove them back to the Abbott Mansion? Really?! Really??!! 

Even better. We are supposed to believe that the driver to whom Jack entrusted his dementia-stricken mother took her to the club at her request, let her walk in alone and then when she did not return (because she took a CAB with the baby) simply carried on with his day, not bothering to call Jack and let him know that Dina had given him the slip.

• Love 12

Yeah, Chelsea and Lauren were meeting at the club to discuss business. Chelsea had the kids with her. Sharon and Abby got into it, Chelsea and Lauren were all agog, and then when the slapping started, Chelsea pulled Sharon off Abby. When the dust settled, Chelsea went back to the table to find Christian missing (Lauren IIRC was up in Scott’s business about the Abby thing). 

Back at the Abbott house, Jack and Ashley were meeting with their respective lawyers. Dina asked for some hot cocoa in her room (I will never understand why they don’t call it hot chocolate, like normal people), and when Jack took it up to her, she was “playing” hide and seek with “Jackie” (she thought Jack was John). Jack placed the tray just inside her room on the dresser and didn’t go in, and when the door closed, there was Christian in the room. Then one of the cups got broken; Dina brought it downstairs in some distress, Jack and Ashley reassured her, and then she said, “Oh look, there Jackie is now!” and Christian was at the top of the stairs. Jack called Nick, and he and Chelsea rushed over - but Dina was reluctant to give Christian up because to her, he was Jackie.  But she did give him to Jack, who gave him to Nick.

At no time was she ever shown anywhere near the club, and supposedly she never showed up on the security cameras.

Ridiculous. For a plot point that could have been made so many other ways.

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Ridiculous. For a plot point that could have been made so many other ways.

Thanks for explaining the episode, c.

Mal really wants to have these intertwining stories, like it's Seinfeld or something with all the coincidences, but I am disturbed with the use of a woman with Alzheimer's as the main driver of his brand of shock and awe.

To me a woman regressing 60 years to when her son was an infant is utterly heart-wrenching. A scene of Dina at the club, with Jack or Ashley or Traci, suddenly turning and interacting with that boy as though he's her Jackie would have been poignant. All this implausible silliness involving cabs and cocoa is a disgusting (and lazy af) use of dementia. There were a million ways to show that Jack can't handle her care any longer. She could wander outside at night in the cold. She could break a glass on Jack's head for some confused reason. (If Mal wants "drama.") She could take the car and have a minor crash. Anything. 

But abducting a stranger's baby???? ugh. The Newmans have been victimized by Dina three times now. Why? 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 13

What makes me ill is that I read in one of the soap mags that this dementia story is deeply personal to Mal Young. Apparently when something is meaningful to Mr. Young, he puts it on screen as an insulting fucking farce. Like miamama said, Dina mistaking Christian for little Jack could have been poignant. Instead it's just another... what, zany episode in Dina's downhill slide. Maybe the show just enjoys making Jack hand over kids to Nick or trolling viewers with the mystery of how Dina gets around Genoa City. Pure idiocy either way.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Isn't that pathetic? Dina runs in, nobody sees her and makes off with Christian. ( sigh)

• Love 5

Yes, this was a ridiculous episode.  Even if we pretend that the driver would take Dina to the Club and leave her alone, she is not invisible, FFS!  She apparently stealthed her way into the club in the one minute Chelz was distracted and coaxed away a little boy and no one noticed.  Or are we supposed to think Graham aided and abetted her?

If Dina had shown up at the club, she would have seen the catfight and started hurling insults at Sharon who was fighting her precious granddaughter.  Even if she didn't recognize Abby, Dina's MO around women has been to dress them down, no matter if she knows them or not.

What bothered me most about today's episode was that Ash is being a royal bitch (well, I have another word for her), in the midst of what is a true family crisis.  She is disgusting. 

Lauren going off on Abby was pretty entertaining.  Scott reminded his mommy that she has stepped out a time or two.

Nick said some hateful things to Chelz, which they are going to pretend never happened, and his rationale was his fear over losing Christian like he did Cassie, and he tells Chelz that he doesn't know what would happen if he lost him.  Rut roh, Chelz, you know that lie is going to come back to bite you.

• Love 9

I really don't get how Christian was lured away without Connor seeing anything? Or anyone else for that matter.

I loved Connor sitting with his head propped in his hands watching the catfight with rapt attention, hee. It was really cute.

This Dina story line is making me sad and Ashley is being a raging bitch. I'm so over her.

• Love 11

LOLOL  i read that sharon gathered up scott's stuff and dropped it in front of abby's door.  a box containing an engagement ring fell out of his clothes.

apparently scott told sharon he bought it on NYE (insert major rolleyes).  sharon just walked over it and away.  abby threw a towel or something at scott and shut the door.

keep up the good work sharon.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, bannana said:

If Dina had shown up at the club, she would have seen the catfight and started hurling insults at Sharon who was fighting her precious granddaughter.  Even if she didn't recognize Abby, Dina's MO around women has been to dress them down, no matter if she knows them or not.

I suppose the argument here would be Dina was mentally/emotionally 60 years ago when she was looking after a baby Jack, so she wouldn't know who Abby or Sharon are (she called Michael "Phillip" right?). I know people with dementia confabulate (my dad had delirium and did this and it is fascinating). They make the situation fit their perceived reality -- so that yes they are retired and using smartphones but their child born in the 1950s is still a baby.

BUT the stealth part is ridiculous. Her being AT THE CLUB is ridiculous. And all of it for what???? One episode of SHOCK? Really? That is worth robbing the Alzheimer's story of the emotion it deserves? The gravitas it deserves?

Imagine if Dina had seen Christian and tried to hold him thinking he's Jack and he ran off from her (as he would since he doesn't know her). And she became distraught and emotional and desperate to hold the child who now rejects her. That would pack some serious power if witnessed by the Abbott children. This is the cold woman who abandoned them; the woman, they believed, who never gave a fuck about them. Seeing her literally in the midst of a mother's overwhelming love and grief would be good, good soap.

But then we couldn't have Ashley fighting for Jabot (WTAF????) with her slimy lawyer (connected to Billy and his race horse, ugh) while Jack is trying to juggle his job and his mother (as though she's some toddler he brings along to work with nannies). 

I'm seriously bummed. I was actually able to watch Peter and Marla and ignore the rest and hoped to see some good stuff in the weeks to come. But Mal is truly killing it.

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

LOLOL  i read that sharon gathered up scott's stuff and dropped it in front of abby's door.  a box containing an engagement ring fell out of his clothes.

apparently scott told sharon he bought it on NYE (insert major rolleyes).  sharon just walked over it and away.  abby threw a towel or something at scott and shut the door.

keep up the good work sharon.

She did more than that. She took the ring out of the box, gazed at it lovingly...and then dropped it and ground it into the dirt with her boot! And then she told Scott to basically FOAD ?

• Love 14
10 hours ago, miamama said:

I suppose the argument here would be Dina was mentally/emotionally 60 years ago when she was looking after a baby Jack, so she wouldn't know who Abby or Sharon are (she called Michael "Phillip" right?). I know people with dementia confabulate (my dad had delirium and did this and it is fascinating). They make the situation fit their perceived reality -- so that yes they are retired and using smartphones but their child born in the 1950s is still a baby.

BUT the stealth part is ridiculous. Her being AT THE CLUB is ridiculous. And all of it for what???? One episode of SHOCK? Really? That is worth robbing the Alzheimer's story of the emotion it deserves? The gravitas it deserves?

Imagine if Dina had seen Christian and tried to hold him thinking he's Jack and he ran off from her (as he would since he doesn't know her). And she became distraught and emotional and desperate to hold the child who now rejects her. That would pack some serious power if witnessed by the Abbott children. This is the cold woman who abandoned them; the woman, they believed, who never gave a fuck about them. Seeing her literally in the midst of a mother's overwhelming love and grief would be good, good soap.

But then we couldn't have Ashley fighting for Jabot (WTAF????) with her slimy lawyer (connected to Billy and his race horse, ugh) while Jack is trying to juggle his job and his mother (as though she's some toddler he brings along to work with nannies). 

I'm seriously bummed. I was actually able to watch Peter and Marla and ignore the rest and hoped to see some good stuff in the weeks to come. But Mal is truly killing it.

It gets worse today.  Today she doesn't know who Traci is, and again is back to her early life period.  But when Graham arrives she knows immediately  who he is and wants to leave with him.

And I preface this with, not all cases are the same, but by the time my mom didn't recognize me or my sibs, she certainly didn't remember short term people.  In our case, she went back to her youth in another country.  They seem to be going down this road with Dina, going back to being a young mother, and her mentioning Kay and Joanna.  But they also have her spend good chunks of time in the present and with her wits about her.  I don't know if that is realistic.

I though the discussion about what to do was pretty bang on, because even if you have a ton of money, as they do, it is still a difficult choice to make.  I wish they had someone from the Alzheimer's Society advising them, without making it too much of a PSA.

The rest of the show was so nauseating I refuse to comment about it.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, bannana said:

I wish they had someone from the Alzheimer's Society advising them, without making it too much of a PSA.

apparently they are advising the show!! But of course the artiste Mal will take creative licence.

I can forgive playing around with medical stuff a bit, or legal stuff if the story feels as though it's being told respectfully. That's not the case here. Dina and her illness are props.

I can't even believe Evil Graham is being brought back. ugh. More granny kidnapping and hijinks to come.

Traci's scenes sounded very touching today. I so love BM.

Poor Jack too. How extremely weird to have your mom look at you as though you are her husband.

Ashley's just an ice harpy.

Anyways, the actors are salvaging some of this. But it's going south fast.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, miamama said:

apparently they are advising the show!! But of course the artiste Mal will take creative licence.

I can forgive playing around with medical stuff a bit, or legal stuff if the story feels as though it's being told respectfully. That's not the case here. Dina and her illness are props.

I can't even believe Evil Graham is being brought back. ugh. More granny kidnapping and hijinks to come.

Traci's scenes sounded very touching today. I so love BM.

Poor Jack too. How extremely weird to have your mom look at you as though you are her husband.

Ashley's just an ice harpy.

Anyways, the actors are salvaging some of this. But it's going south fast.

Sorry, I meant that the Abbott kids should be seeking knowledge and advice from the AS.  That's what we did and it really helped us to understand things so much better.  For example, like Jack, we worried about how to convince mom to leave her home.  They advised us to do exactly what Ash suggested, essentially trick her by saying she was going to a resort, and then she just never comes back. In our case that really worked because as soon as she was staying with my sister, she forgot her house and the town she had lived in for fifty years, as well any family and friends from there, which was pretty jarring for us, but not as jarring for her.  But Dina seems to be right at that same point.  Another thing, people always correct the person.  Today when Dina asked Traci her name, she played along, and said her name was Traci but didn't remind her that she was her daughter.  We were told the same thing, which was hard for some of her family and friends, they didn't want to lie to her or trick her, but it really was being humane.  So yesterday, Ash should not have said that Christian is Nick's child, she should have said that Christian was going for a playdate with Nick and his family.  They really could be doing a lot more with this storyline that would be so poignant.  Instead we have Jack and Ash taking legal action and entering arbitration in the midst of supposedly working together to help their mother.  Sheesh.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

Sorry, I meant that the Abbott kids should be seeking knowledge and advice from the AS.  That's what we did and it really helped us to understand things so much better.  For example, like Jack, we worried about how to convince mom to leave her home.  They advised us to do exactly what Ash suggested, essentially trick her by saying she was going to a resort, and then she just never comes back. In our case that really worked because as soon as she was staying with my sister, she forgot her house and the town she had lived in for fifty years, as well any family and friends from there, which was pretty jarring for us, but not as jarring for her.  But Dina seems to be right at that same point.  Another thing, people always correct the person.  Today when Dina asked Traci her name, she played along, and said her name was Traci but didn't remind her that she was her daughter.  We were told the same thing, which was hard for some of her family and friends, they didn't want to lie to her or trick her, but it really was being humane.  So yesterday, Ash should not have said that Christian is Nick's child, she should have said that Christian was going for a playdate with Nick and his family.  They really could be doing a lot more with this storyline that would be so poignant.  Instead we have Jack and Ash taking legal action and entering arbitration in the midst of supposedly working together to help their mother.  Sheesh.

Ah, right. Gotcha.

Instead of bringing on badda boom Tony Stereotype why not bring on a doctor or caregiver character who can help them? You're right that this legal battle is INSANE. I can't stand Ashley at times but even I don't buy she'd pull this now.

I did notice that Jack has not been saying he's not John. And there is something sweet about it. (As badly as I feel for him). It seems to give her comfort to have him be her husband.

But yeah I just didn't buy that she'd simply give her baby to these people. They didn't convince her of squat. They just said he's Christian and go rest. huh? It would have been easy to do. Jack could have said, I'll take care of Jackie for awhile, you go rest. And then when she left the room, he could have given the boy to Nick.

JM's dreadful acting also took away from the scene. He just looked irritated. I mean jesus man show some compassion on your face. This woman genuinely believes that boy is her baby and she's about to lose him.

• Love 13

Yes, that's right, at the beginning Jack corrected her, but now he plays along and he can see she is less agitated and confused.  That's presumably because he has been spending so much time with her.  Traci just has so much empathy I guess she is doing it intuitively.

As off as much of it was, it was the only thing worth watching today.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, miamama said:

JM's dreadful acting also took away from the scene. He just looked irritated. I mean jesus man show some compassion on your face. This woman genuinely believes that boy is her baby and she's about to lose him.

I actually thought JM's acting was spot on. Dina has just recently burned down his busniess, and now has kidnapped his child. I didn't think the look on his face was as much directed at Dina, as was WTF is wrong with the Abbotts that Dina keeps wreaking havoc, seemingly totally unchecked and unsupervised. 

Having watched my uncle, my husband's aunt, my step kids' maternal grandmother die with Alzheimers, as well as a friend who was diagnosed at 59 and placed in a care home at 68, I can't say that I find Y&R's portrayal all that accurate. YMMV of course. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I didn't think the look on his face was as much directed at Dina, as was WTF is wrong with the Abbotts that Dina keeps wreaking havoc, seemingly totally unchecked and unsupervised. 

Him barging into the house like an ape when I am POSITIVE Jack assured him over the telephone that the child was perfectly fine (like can you imagine the conversation going any other way than "OMG CHRISTIAN IS THERE IS HE OKAY?") was enough of Nick being irritated imo. He had the ride over to bitch and moan to Chelsea about the Abbotts' failure to rein in their sick mother.

Seeing a woman clinging to your child as though she thinks the child is her baby and you are about to take him (knowing of course you will get him back) and seeing that the kid is 100% fine (not even upset at all), the prevailing emotion on Nick's face should reflect this thought: thank god my kid is okay/oh geez this poor lady .

MCE pulled it off. She looked panicked and relieved and heartbroken all at once. And I don't even think Missy is all that superb an actress.

JM sucks.

• Love 14