Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, miamama said:

I'm telling you, in Feb. sweeps he will officiate their wedding.

I laughed when you said this before, but now I believe it. They'll be having a family dinner by Christmas. Hell, maybe Thanksgiving.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I laughed when you said this before, but now I believe it. They'll be having a family dinner by Christmas. Hell, maybe Thanksgiving.

Well, I knew it would be bad under Mal re Philly but even I didn't think it would be this bad this fast. So I think you're right. Thanksgiving hijinks at the Abbott house!!! OMG I know. Jack will help bring Philly together.

lol. 

Mal is a genius.

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, miamama said:

Well, I knew it would be bad under Mal re Philly but even I didn't think it would be this bad this fast. So I think you're right. Thanksgiving hijinks at the Abbott house!!! OMG I know. Jack will help bring Philly together.

lol. 

Mal is a genius.

Somewhere in there, at some point, Jack will have to say to ButtBiscuit, "You were right, you were right about...(fill in the blanks).....".  Because Jack can never be punished enough for rejecting the asswipe and his truth-telling.

Edited by boes
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, boes said:

Somewhere in there, at some point, Jack will have to say to ButtBiscuit, "You were right, you were right about...(fill in the blanks).....".  Because Jack can never be punished enough for rejecting the asswipe and his truth-telling.

I think this JT propfest is one of those situations where BTS everyone seems to like him -- he seems like a nice guy and he's better than the previous bad Billys* (post BM) -- so they have this distorted perception of him. From my perspective his Billy is nothing but an asshole. Smarmy and not at all root worthy. But the show keeps writing him as a selfish jerk who we're supposed to love. WTF? I have said it before and I'll say it again. JT is the biggest beneficiary of PB/EB ageing, MM/BM leaving, and JH getting a prime time gig. He just fell into this perfect confluence of events in which the show was desperate for a 40something legacy (ie Abbott or Newman; no one else seems to count) leading man. 

GH got their real Jason back. Why can't BM come back and tell Jack that he's the real Billy. He'd never screw Phyllis and hurt his brother like that.

sigh.

*I preferred both DT and Burgess but I can see how both of those guys would struggle to be leading men. DT because he seemed 17 and Burgess because he seemed weirdly in the wrong place on a soap. Nevertheless both of those guys were more Billy than JT.

Edited by miamama
to clarify my thoughts on the Billys
  • Love 13

I want to know what's in Tessa past that keeps her from being with Mariah but doesn't stop her from being with Noah? What's the difference? 

Billy, the hero! Mal has no shame. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I think Victor absolutely knows what Zach's up to. That little conversation at CL between Victor and Zach on yesterday's show pretty much sealed it for me. I wouldn't be surprised that he's known what Zach has going on for a while and it may have been the real reason he asked Abby to move into Nick's place at the ranch - well in addition to pissing Nick off.

I think Victor might say he knew (because Victor is never wrong) but I don't think he knows about Zach's use of the dating app as a way to attract johns. The app is funded by Newman, and the Victor's own daughter is co creator. (I think that is what she would be called?). On top of that, why would Victor let a pimp continually boink his daughter? Of any boyfriend or girlfriend that any of his kids has been involved with, Zach is right up there as one of the worst. Makes Billy Boy look like a saint, even before he has become a hero by rescuing Victor's own grandson. 

41 minutes ago, DivaT said:

I want to know what's in Tessa past that keeps her from being with Mariah but doesn't stop her from being with Noah? What's the difference? 

Yep, that makes no sense. Hmm, Mariah was raised in a commune, was at one time a scam artist and the guy who raised her in the commune wanted to marry her. But Tessa has no problem being with Noah, the squeaky clean grandson of the most powerful and wealthy man in GC. Maybe in America, the way they portray Victor.

Camryn Grimes really deserves an Emmy though for her scenes with Sharon, and Tessa. Too bad that the actor playing Tessa is not up Camryn's level of acting ability, but then few people on Y&R are. I thought she was absolutely riveting. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, miamama said:

I think this JT propfest is one of those situations where BTS everyone seems to like him -- he seems like a nice guy and he's better than the previous bad Billys* (post BM) -- so they have this distorted perception of him. From my perspective his Billy is nothing but an asshole. Smarmy and not at all root worthy. But the show keeps writing him as a selfish jerk who we're supposed to love. WTF? I have said it before and I'll say it again. JT is the biggest beneficiary of PB/EB ageing, MM/BM leaving, and JH getting a prime time gig. He just fell into this perfect confluence of events in which the show was desperate for a 40something legacy (ie Abbott or Newman; no one less seems to count) leading man. 

GH got their real Jason back. Why can't BM come back and tell Jack that he's the real Billy. He'd never screw Phyllis and hurt his brother like that.

sigh.

*I preferred both DT and Burgess but I can see how both of those guys would struggle to be leading men. DT because he seemed 17 and Burgess because he seemed weirdly in the wrong place on a soap. Nevertheless both of those guys were more Billy than JT.

I liked Burgess, overall, but the did seem a little long in the tooth to be playing Billy.  But he had the looks I expected to see with a Billy Abbott and he could actually act.  

I think your thoughts on how JT ended up in the sweet spot so quickly and has stayed there is right on target.  TPTB would have kept Hartley, IMO, if they could have, and kept him center stage but he moved on.  And we ended with the broken toy from the expired box of Cracker Jacks known as ButtBiscuit.  I hear rumors that he's a "nice guy" and he may very well be so but he sucks hammertoes and 2.0's when it comes to AKTING.

Now the odiferous turd is going to be the hero and save the lil' chillurn from the fire but be in danger himself.

How sad, how bad,

giphy.gif

I'll bring the smore's.

Edited by boes
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, miamama said:

Mia, this is priceless. Your whole post is gold. Platinum, actually.

Everything about yesterday's (Wednesday's) show was so excruciatingly terrible. I've never seen anything that bad that didn't come out of some kid's garage dinner theater.

I love Camryn Grimes, but I'm actually disgusted by how weepy and needy Young's making her.  This makes me loathe this storyline even more than I already did.

Yesterday wee officially entered the two-year countdown to cancellation.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, miamama said:

This is so bad. 

Mal will resolve Jack's anger at Billy with one of the most contrived "disasters" I've ever seen on a show that has had a lot of contrived disasters? You know what's coming right? I mean even before the Philly sex on a hospital bed that you rightly predict @HeatLifer? Phyllis and Billy embracing outside the fire (when he's freed) and Jack watching and finally getting it. Finally seeing that Philly is L-O-V-E.

LMAO. So show thinks that if they use Pratt shock and awe they'll get ratings like Pratt did when he began. It won't happen.

Mal is such a hack.

Also Sally Sussman's Twitter account (https://twitter.com/MidnightReturn1 that's her documentary btw) has liked some interesting tweets recently. Namely a Twitter rant by Jamey Giddens about Mal's atrocious Pratt non-storytelling. So, yeah, sure, Sally never really had any interest in being HW and "chose" to retire. 

Just chiming in on what everyone's saying here...

We've had collapsing shopping malls, flaming Newman towers, and now another damn fire, complete with Rexx Rugs in the background.

Uh, Mal, just a note or two here:

1. We've all been here before, seen it, and long since thrown out the "Sweeps Ratings Event" T-shirt that we got.
  2. Exploding Underpants do not constitute "character-driven" writing. My compliments to the FX people though, on the controlled burn along the bar.
  3. Poor old Bela L. should not have to endure having Cane watch him, even through his eyelids.
  4. Be careful, Mal, me lad, tossing in a *character-switcharoo with no build behind it is pretty damn stupid. How exactly did you stay employed in the UK soap industry? Or did you work for Lever Brothers, and lie on your resume?
  5. *Confidentially, entre nous, FYI, on the hush-hush, we don't give a flying shit about NotBilly. And unless Jack's going in there with rotisserie blade and some marinade, we're not buying what you're selling.
  • Love 12
20 hours ago, bannana said:

The whole fire thing was ridiculous.  It appears Billy walked through the bar, where the fire was, to get to the office, where the kids were.  Well then where were the firefighters who were supposed to be putting out the fire?

Firefighter Mom here, Intern.  Relay to the powers that be that they can die in a fire that is attended by GC's  finest smoke-eaters.  Which means they will die like a GoT extra.  I gave up on Y&R treating any profession (business, medical, police) with respect and realism a long time ago-got totally pissed with Adam saving the day at the last fire- so I'm not surprised at Buttbicuit being a 'hero'.  Just really disappointed that the writers have no idea about how close civilians get to a fire after the perimeter is set.  Jeebus, watch the news or something.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, pearlite said:
  1. *Confidentially, entre nous, FYI, on the hush-hush, we don't give a flying shit about NotBilly. And unless Jack's going in there with rotisserie blade and some marinade, we're not buying what you're selling.

I'm afraid  rotisserie blade would snap off on that carcass.  With ButtBiscuit, the only sharp utensil you could successfully use would be a hack saw.  Emphasis on Hack.

Those ginormous nostrils, though, just beg to be stuffed......Roast ButtBiscuit with a cornbread and head lice stuffing, basted with a rich sauce of self-regard and jock itch - (is that a hint of wolfsbane I smell?), served with a hearty helping of constant propping and misogyny.

A very Mal Thanksgiving!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, boes said:

I'm afraid  rotisserie blade would snap off on that carcass.  With ButtBiscuit, the only sharp utensil you could successfully use would be a hack saw.  Emphasis on Hack.

Those ginormous nostrils, though, just beg to be stuffed......Roast ButtBiscuit with a cornbread and head lice stuffing, basted with a rich sauce of self-regard and jock itch - (is that a hint of wolfsbane I smell?), served with a hearty helping of constant propping and misogyny.

A very Mal Thanksgiving!

Well, he is just a biscuit and he's entirely made of butts.

• Love 9

Thanksgiving at the Abbotts..

Jack and the family, including Billy and Phyllis

Jack: (toasting) To family!  This is what it's all about.  So glad we're all back together in one room in this house. I hereby give thanks to all of you.,

Dina:  Merry Easter!   (to Ashley)  yo girly, pass me the shoehorn

Jack:  By the way, where is Phyllis?

Thump from under the table

Billy:  Um.....Who? 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, bc1795 said:

Thanksgiving at the Abbotts..

Jack and the family, including Billy and Phyllis

Jack: (toasting) To family!  This is what it's all about.  So glad we're all back together in one room in this house. I hereby give thanks to all of you.,

Dina:  Merry Easter!   (to Ashley)  yo girly, pass me the shoehorn

Jack:  By the way, where is Phyllis?

Thump from under the table

Billy:  Um.....Who? 

Hahahahaha!  Very good!

So could ButtBiscuit be the wishbone?

And how long you think it will be before he cheats on Phyllis with Dina?

• Love 7

The fire, Billy going in, the three stooges trapped, it all looked so bloody cheap, it really did.

I loved what Jordan said to Hillary. You're all hairspray and nail tips.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

OMG!   That hellhole known as Underpants is across the street from that other hellhole known as Rexx Rugs!  Its the end of the world !!

Burn, ButtBiscuit, burn.

Just as long as Phyllis' love shack doesn't also go up in flames.

giphy.gif

Ahhhh, memories......

• Love 15

First, let me just say that @miamama

20 hours ago, miamama said:

is right.  It was particularly nauseating, but there is no question that Jack and Billy have each forgiven each other everything.

• Reed is blaming himself, and Chuckie says he shouldn't, and Cane even agrees.  Nick shows up and Reed apologizes to his Uncle, but Nick is only concerned that everyone is safe.  The Fire Chief tells Nick it not likely anyone survived the building collapse.
  • Vic and Prick are at BS and she tells him that she made sure all the masques have been destroyed.  He is concerned about her health, but she says the toxins are virtually out her system.  She wants to talk biz, and says she has three choices: 1) declare bankruptcy 2) use her own money to bail out BS, or 3) accept his offer to buy BS. He tells her #1 will ruin her resume (do you really need a resume when you are a billionaire?), and #2 is just plain stupid.   He's not sure they can work together, though, and she is afraid that he is rescinding his offer.  Prick says he wants to work with her, but he doesn't want her to resent him for bailing her out.
  • Lily shows up and hugs her kids in relief.  She and Phyllis rushed there from the airport, when they got Cane's text when they landed.  Phyllis asks Nick what's going on, where is Billy. Nick explains that Billy rescued the kids but Billy is still in there.  Reed apologizes again to Nick, and Nick says it is not the time.  He is pissed off, but this isn't the time to lecture him about it.  Reed promises Nick that he didn't start the fire, and Nick believes him.  He tells him to call his mom and tell  her what happened.  Nick calls Prick trying to reach Vic, and he tells her about Reed and the kids, and that Reed is fine.  And he tells her about Billy.  Jack calls Phyllis about a work thing and she tells him about Billy and that he might not have survived.  Mattie and Chuckie apologize to their parents and say that they should have just stayed at home and watched horror movies with Cane instead of living through one.  Hah! Lily thinks they broke in, but the kids tell her that Reed had a key.  She's not happy.
  • Billy is trapped under a beam or something and he is yelling for help.  A firefighter named Tom finds Billy and they exchange information and Billy is quite the jokester, which I won't bother typing here.  Tom tells him they will get him out but he should not move because the building is unstable.  He tells him the kids are fine.  Tom goes to get more help. If I am ever in a fire, I hope it is not in GC.  Tom tells Phyllis and company that Billy is pinned and is in a precarious situation.  He's going back in with a team.  Phyllis tells him to tell Billy he better get out of there soon, or she is going to kill him.  Vic and Prick arrive, and Reed assures them he is fine, he has been checked out by the EMT.  Reed apologizes to Vic, but she says it is a freak accident, he has no reason to feel guilty.  The Winters say indeed he does, and Vic doesn't like the way they are talking to her son.  They tell Vic that he broke in to the Underpants so that they could have their own party.  And Vic says, is that true, and he says he didn't mean for anything bad to happen.  Wait a minute, Reed may have gotten the key but the twins are equally as culpable.  But I guess this is supposed to be a bonding moment for Lane.  Prick snarkily asks Nick if his building is up to fire code, and Nick says, you mean you don't already know? Nick says he thought Prick would be pleased with this result.  Prick says, are you implying I had something to do with this?  Jack arrives and gets briefed by the Chief.  The Chief tells them all a collapse is imminent and they may have to take drastic measures; they have called in an orthopedic surgeon to amputate his leg!  Phyllis, Jack and Vic are stunned, and Prick interrupts and says if there is anything the FD needs he will provide it.  Jack tells him to butt out, and tells the Chief that he is Billy's bro and will take care of any additional resources needed.  Chief says, there is no time for any of that and could you two guys go over there and compare penis size out of the way of the rest of us.  Jack, Phyllis and Vic are together saying how it is something that the three of them have come together for Billy. Meanwhile, Nick says to Prick it was a classy move of him offering to help Billy like that.  Prick says: times like this illustrate the power of money and how much good it can do.  Wait, what?  The Chief just told him his money would be of no use.  Prick is more like Trump every day.  Prick says to Nick, referring to making good use of money: instead of throwing it away on a whim.  Nick says, even in a life or death situation you throw in a dig at me.  Prick says:  After you implied I was involved in this? Do you know how sickening it is that you, my son, is accusing me of arson, of wanting to hurt innocent people?  Nick replies that the Underpants was closed tonight and it would have been a perfect night to torch the place.  He tells Prick, don't worry, I won't be coming to you for help.  Prick says: you won't get a dime from me, no matter how far down you sink, not a dime. He tells him to go to Paulie and tell him about his cockamamie theory.  Nick asks the Chief how the fire started and he says it is too early, but it looks like it started at the bar.
  • Back in the building, Tom brings Billy a message from a hot blonde named Phyllis.  Billy asks him: how does she look, and Tom replies, and I am not making this up: like a walking fire hazard.  Billy says, that's my girl. Blech.
  • Jack tells the Chief that he wants to go in and help rescue his brother.  After much to and fro the Chief agrees and gives him a hardhat, saying he has no liability if something happens to Jack.  Do things like this happen in the real world?  How is a 60+ emotionally distraught relative going to be of any use?  Reed says, I thought Billy's brother hated him?  Jack says, they fight, but they are still brothers.  Phyllis and Vic both hug Jack and wish him well.  Prick and Jack spar.  Phyllis and Vic half hug.  The Winters decide to leave.  Chuckie hugs Reed (!) and Mattie tells Reed to text her if Billy makes it out alive.  Ouch.  Vic thanks Prick for offering those resources.  She is totally stressed out over everything.  He tells her he will buy BS, no strings attached.  He will pay off her loans, her employees will be safe, and her company will be solid again.  She is emotional and grateful.
  • Billy is yelling for Tom, but it is Jack who shows up, and he tells him he is not going to die.  Okay, I know these next scenes are supposed to be the money shot but I am just going to sum it up because it is just kind of nauseating.  Billy tells Jack he shouldn't be there, he apologizes for everything, says he was a disaster from the day he was born.  He apologizes for the lying, the spying, the accusations.  He apologizes for getting with Phyllis while she was his wife, and says he has done nothing to make it right with Jack to earn his forgiveness and apologizes for that.  He says he has even more bad shit to take credit for, he cut corners in the production of the masques and he could have killed Vic and thousands of people.  Jack tells Billy that he has trouble with forgiveness, and that he should never have thrown him out of the family and treated him the way he did.  He says he did many bad things and his father always forgave him.  He says everything they have done to each other in the past year is wrong, and you can't wish a brother away.  He will always be his brother and he wouldn't have it any other way.  Blech.
  • At the Winters', Cane thanks Lily for not letting him have it at the Underpants, and she says if anything he should be upset with her, because she didn't listen to Cane about Reed being a bad influence.  Cane says they could have lost it all tonight, and she says it puts things in perspective. He seems hopeful, and then Lily talks about putting the bitterness and pettiness behind them, that it will make the divorce hearing that much easier and Cane looks deflated.
  • Billy and Jack and the firefighters come out of the building and Billy limps toward Vic and Phyllis.  Vic looks happy and excited, but then Billy  hugs Phyllis, and Vic looks upset and rejected.  Really Vic, this is what you care about, Billy?  And the future of BS?  When your kid almost died?  Vic tells Prick that she accepts his offer and they hug.  Phyllis tells Billy that just cause he almost died doesn't mean things are good between them, he is still a bastard, just a lucky one.  Reed tells Billy he is a superhero, and Nick says superheroes don't get trapped.  Another Trumpism!  Vic thanks Billy for saving Reed's life, and then slaps him in the face.  He says, what was that for.  She says, for causing the whole face masque fiasco.  Prick's investigators found him out.  And then she says:  you're fired.  Double ouch!  And she leaves with the true love of her life, Prick.  Jack and Phyllis leave with Billy.

Previews:  Hil to Chelz: It is my duty as a journalist to report the facts, warts and all, and Chelz says, is that a threat? Nick, inside the precarious building, to Phyllis: this is the second hit this place has taken, maybe this is fate's way of telling me to move on.  At GCAC, Abby to Zack: Let's do it, and he says, do what? and she says, live together.

• Love 17

Chief says, there is no time for any of that and could you two guys go over there and compare penis size out of the way of the rest of us

*dead*

Really top notch recap today bannana! I mean they're all good but today you really blew the doors off!

• Love 15

Double thanks bannana.  Watching and writing about this episode was going above and beyond.

The Buttbiscuit propping is out of control. It's gotten to nausea inducing levels and I'm only reading about it. I don't know how you preverts still watching do it. (Lots of antacid and pepto?) 

33 minutes ago, bannana said:

Vic thanks Billy for saving Reed's life, and then slaps him in the face.  He says, what was that for.  She says, for causing the whole face masque fiasco.  Prick's investigators found him out.  And then she says:  you're fired.  Double ouch!  And she leaves with the true love of her life, Prick.

This is the only part of the episode I enjoyed reading about. The rest was Mal living out his wet dream of the show becoming "The Life and Loves of Billy Abbott".

33 minutes ago, bannana said:

Chief says, there is no time for any of that and could you two guys go over there and compare penis size out of the way of the rest of us. 

The Chief is my new favorite character. Can he just randomly show up and call out the citizens of GC when they are being their asshole douchiest?

winking-face_1f609.png

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 11

Does anyone think that Prick had something to do with the face masque poisoning? He’s lurking a bit too much. Perfect way to get Vic furious with Billy and lure her back to Newman. You know he’ll screw her over when she’s back under his thumb. Oh yay, we’ll be treated to more Blabby and Vic sniping. Awesome :P

What was Grampire doing being such an ass to Nick for? Hate! I swear he’s getting worse. 

Could they be getting ready to kill off Scott? Asking for a friend. Named Sharon. 

• Love 8

I don't get why  Victoria slapped Billy, was that because he got out of the fire and went straight to Phyllis. LOL! Aww, Vicky, dad saves your @ss once again.

Mattie/Charlie should of stayed behind until Billy was out!and feeling okay , selfish twits, just like their parents!

Does anyone think that Prick had something to do with the face masque poisoning? He’s lurking a bit too much. 

Yes! He's always lurking, he's in everyone's business!

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 4

bannana, besides being the most awesome recapper EVER, you also are a far, far braver person than I.  Watching that as closely as you did and then commiting it to paper aka your post is above and beyond.  Thank you, now find some way to scrub off the scent of scorched ButtBiscuit.  I have some holy water from Lourdes around here somewhere......

1 hour ago, Desperately Random said:

Double thanks bannana.  Watching and writing about this episode was going above and beyond.

The Buttbiscuit propping is out of control. It's gotten to nausea inducing levels and I'm only reading about it. I don't know how you preverts still watching do it. (Lots of antacid and pepto?) 

56 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

We drop acid and drink paint.

Who knew it was even possible to pack so much ButtBiscuit propping into one episode without violating health codes everywhere??

giphy.gif

Jack will not only be officiating at the wedding, he'll be carrying ButtBiscuit down the aisle.

ETA - As of this week, or whenever Mal's stuff began airing, Days of Our Lives is now the better soap.......You know, banging my head against the wall is starting to feel kinda good......giphy.gif

Edited by boes
because apparently things aren't bad enough
  • Love 14

I hope you all enjoyed this very special episode written by Mal Young and approved by Gina Tognoni, Jason Thompson, and their 30 stans. How nice to get Jack/Billy all cleaned up, Philly HEA, and Victoria out of the picture. Only took Mal a week, Sally! Now we get why you left, girl.

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I hope you all enjoyed this very special episode written by Mal Young and approved by Gina Tognoni, Jason Thompson, and their 30 stans. How nice to get Jack/Billy all cleaned up, Philly HEA, and Victoria out of the picture. Only took Mal a week, Sally! Now we get why you left, girl.

Word.

• Love 8

Damn.......I found a way to watch this episode and although I knew ButtBiscuit lived, for one brief but glorious moment I was able to imagine a Beely-free Genoa City, the land that turds forgot, that shining pimple on a hill - you know, that place where Love Grows where my Rosemary Goes and nobody knows but me.

In my mind, the funeral was

giphy.gif

everything a ButtBiscuit goodbye could be....

The town closed down for the day, the significance marked

giphy.gif

by parents everywhere having their daughters take part in a Thank You He Can't Infect Anymore commemorative performance, 

his loved ones expressing their true feelings, 

giphy.gif

And Jack finally being able to make peace with his little brudder, express his true feelings, 

giphy.gif

I can dream, can't I?

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I normally take up for Philly and Mal but this is so blatantly ridiculous. It's disgusting. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Desperately Random said:

Copious quantities of wine. Vinho Verde by the case. It's not really helping though.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, boes said:

Who knew it was even possible to pack so much ButtBiscuit propping into one episode without violating health codes everywhere??

Jack will not only be officiating at the wedding, he'll be carrying ButtBiscuit down the aisle.

ETA - As of this week, or whenever Mal's stuff began airing, Days of Our Lives is now the better soap.......You know, banging my head against the wall is starting to feel kinda good......

Re your last point, boes my dear, you're spot on there. And I only tolerate Days out of nostalgia and because I'm running out of things to watch--but, RC has definitely frisked it up over there....BTW, for those who care, Greg Vaughan showed up again on Queen Sugar, and he's not half-bad. And while I'm off-topic here, I think I recall your fondness for ATWT--Michael Parks has a part in Mindhunter.

Now, back to my bitching: a week of Mal, followed by reading miamama's helpful research, and I'm in an effing state of shock. MY is manipulating characters and storylines horrendously, and so flaming predictably. The guy's a hack. The brotherly confession and bonding crap amid the rubble was so badly done, and so rushed, and so obvious as a ploy--what the hell?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, DivaT said:

I normally take up for Philly and Mal but this is so blatantly ridiculous. It's disgusting. 

It's all so glaringly obvious...what Mal is doing and why...and that's why it's truly mindblowing. I'll even forget about the offensiveness of Jack/Billy for a moment. The job he's trying to do on Victoria, to make her undesirable and crazed in the name of Phyllis? Just....wow. And having Billy save her son and then not look in her direction when he's saved, but goes straight to Gina Tognoni?* LMAO. Uh, okay. 

*I'll be calling Phyllis Gina Tognoni from now on because that ain't Phyllis.

• Love 16
45 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Now, back to my bitching: a week of Mal, followed by reading miamama's helpful research, and I'm in an effing state of shock. MY is manipulating characters and storylines horrendously, and so flaming predictably. The guy's a hack. The brotherly confession and bonding crap amid the rubble was so badly done, and so rushed, and so obvious as a ploy--what the hell?

4 hours ago, DivaT said:

30 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's all so glaringly obvious...what Mal is doing and why...and that's why it's truly mindblowing. I'll even forget about the offensiveness of Jack/Billy for a moment. The job he's trying to do on Victoria, to make her undesirable and crazed in the name of Phyllis? Just....wow. And having Billy save her son and then not look in her direction when he's saved, but goes straight to Gina Tognoni?* LMAO. Uh, okay. 

*I'll be calling Phyllis Gina Tognoni from now on because that ain't Phyllis.

Yes to all. Mal's first week was to accomplish one thing: set up Philly as the light-hearted romantic leads of this show. Jack is therefore cool with them and is their bestie now (they went home together, ugh), and Victoria is a hateful bitch. Billy as the cause of the toxic face cream was solely to end B&S -- or move it to Newman -- and split up Villy's working relationship. And instead of even giving viewers a little pleasure with Billy comeuppance, JACK GETS WRONGLY BLAMED THE WHOLE WEEK. And Billy is only outed AFTER HE'S A HERO so no one is really mad at him (except crazy, hateful Victoria). Ashley will no doubt smirk and ruffle his hair when she sees him post-fire. "Oh you silly silly baby brother of mine."

Let's see all the garbage tossed our way:

• Dina's absurd role as cause of this fire.
  • Nick's ludicrous moment of looking at a lit match solely for the promo.
  • The children going to a closed bar (that it was closed on Halloween is a joke to begin with) for a party. Really? That's going to go well, right? You invite your underaged pals and Nick's bar gets shut down. And keep in mind hitherto goody girl Mattie needed a kickass party and supported this idea. RME.
  • Victor, Nick and Victoria talking family feuds and cutting business deals while BILLY'S LIFE HUNG IN THE BALANCE. (This was a theme: i.e. thanks to script even the actors could not pretend this DRAMA was anything but a ploy.)
  • The Lane family WENT HOME WHILE THEIR CHILDREN'S SAVIOUR WAS STILL IN PERIL. (see: ploy)
  • Gina Tognoni had on her best Resting Bitch Face but cracked a joke to the fireman to deliver to Billy (it was like a kid's game of pass on the message, hee, between the romcom leads) after saying a few times "Billy might not make it." (see: ploy)
  • Billy and day player firefighter, the only firefighter who was actually willing to enter the building (and on behalf of fire fighters everywhere who risk their lives every day, FUCK YOU, MAL), joked about his romcom situation. Jack even made a comment (I saw on twitter but thank you @bannana for trying to spare me the pain of reading it) like this to Billy: "If you think I'm going out there without you to face the wrath of Phyllis you're crazy." OMFG. (see: ploy)
  • Oh and that. The fire chief or whoever he was, who would not let all but one of his men enter the bar for fear of collapse, handed Jack a hard hat and said, okay, you go freaked out 60something man. (see: ploy)
  • And then as stated above: Vicki becomes a complete psycho, as though she would have no sympathy (even be complicit) in Billy cutting corners. Not to mention of course that he saved her son's life on the anniversary of his daughter's and her stepdaughter's DEATH (that was Halloween, right?) (see: ploy)
  • Love 22
14 minutes ago, miamama said:

(and on behalf of fire fighters everywhere who risk their lives every day, FUCK YOU, MAL),

because it needs to be said again!  [I'm not going to rant-I'm old and I don't have that kind of time.  Intern, tell the ptb I'm still not watching the show and now will never even consider re-upping.]

• Love 14
3 hours ago, miamama said:

Yes to all. Mal's first week was to accomplish one thing: set up Philly as the light-hearted romantic leads of this show. Jack is therefore cool with them and is their bestie now (they went home together, ugh), and Victoria is a hateful bitch. Billy as the cause of the toxic face cream was solely to end B&S -- or move it to Newman -- and split up Villy's working relationship. And instead of even giving viewers a little pleasure with Billy comeuppance, JACK GETS WRONGLY BLAMED THE WHOLE WEEK. And Billy is only outed AFTER HE'S A HERO so no one is really mad at him (except crazy, hateful Victoria). Ashley will no doubt smirk and ruffle his hair when she sees him post-fire. "Oh you silly silly baby brother of mine."

Let's see all the garbage tossed our way:

• Dina's absurd role as cause of this fire.
  • Nick's ludicrous moment of looking at a lit match solely for the promo.
  • The children going to a closed bar (that it was closed on Halloween is a joke to begin with) for a party. Really? That's going to go well, right? You invite your underaged pals and Nick's bar gets shut down. And keep in mind hitherto goody girl Mattie needed a kickass party and supported this idea. RME.
  • Victor, Nick and Victoria talking family feuds and cutting business deals while BILLY'S LIFE HUNG IN THE BALANCE. (This was a theme: i.e. thanks to script even the actors could not pretend this DRAMA was anything but a ploy.)
  • The Lane family WENT HOME WHILE THEIR CHILDREN'S SAVIOUR WAS STILL IN PERIL. (see: ploy)
  • Gina Tognoni had on her best Resting Bitch Face but cracked a joke to the fireman to deliver to Billy (it was like a kid's game of pass on the message, hee, between the romcom leads) after saying a few times "Billy might not make it." (see: ploy)
  • Billy and day player firefighter, the only firefighter who was actually willing to enter the building (and on behalf of fire fighters everywhere who risk their lives every day, FUCK YOU, MAL), joked about his romcom situation. Jack even made a comment (I saw on twitter but thank you @bannana for trying to spare me the pain of reading it) like this to Billy: "If you think I'm going out there without you to face the wrath of Phyllis you're crazy." OMFG. (see: ploy)
  • Oh and that. The fire chief or whoever he was, who would not let all but one of his men enter the bar for fear of collapse, handed Jack a hard hat and said, okay, you go freaked out 60something man. (see: ploy)
  • And then as stated above: Vicki becomes a complete psycho, as though she would have no sympathy (even be complicit) in Billy cutting corners. Not to mention of course that he saved her son's life on the anniversary of his daughter's and her stepdaughter's DEATH (that was Halloween, right?) (see: ploy)

Perfectly summed up. Such a gross ploy to not only make Billy the hero, but also the victim. Just wow. No wonder JT was on his app praising Mal as the best of the best when his show's first started. "best week of filming I've ever had in my career." JT came to Y&R to be "the man", now he truly is.  

• Love 13

Well, it is a new day in GC.

• Billy is on crutches outside the hospital looking forlorn as it appears Phyllis is not coming to fetch him, but not to worry, his bro Jackie is there to pick him up.  He says he needs a ride to his apartment, and Jack says, you mean Phyllis' place?  Which actually is Jack's place.  Jack asks whether Billy wonders why Phyllis didn't show.  They go to Phyllis' place, and rom com dialogue between the three of them ensues.  Phyllis is still pissed.  With Jack in the wings, Billy appeals to Phyllis and says he will never betray her again.  She pushes him out the door.  Jack says, where to now sport?  I don't even recall where Billy lived before he moved in with Phyllis.  They go to the Abbott mansion, and Billy wonders what Ash will say about this.  Jack says he will tell Diina first and then Ash.  Billy realizes they have a full house and Jack says there is plenty of room.  Jack references what Billy said last night at the Underpants, and Billy interrupts and says he was dying.  Jack says that Phyllis will always be a thing that is between them.  And he also says that maybe Billy is better off without Phyllis.
  • Abby drops a bunch of files and documents at Newman in front of Vic.  Abby inquires after Reed, and Vic says he is fine.  Abby talks Nick's club being gone, and Vic says it is the second time he's been burned recently, including when Abby moved into his tacky house.  Seriously, Vic. Okay, she has gone full on bitch now.  Vic asks her about her project and Abby is defensive.  Vic wonders why.  Maybe because you just bitched her out, Vic.  Abby wonders how Vic even has time for a visit considering her son almost died, everything going on at BS, the FDA, Vic collapsing.  These sisters really do not like each other.   Abby wants to know why Vic is there and she says she has a meeting with Prick and Abby is suspicious. Prick arrives and says he wants to catch up and Abby invites herself along for a catch up but Prick tells her to go take his conference call.  He meets with Vic about BS. Vic comes on strong with Prick, and he tries to put the brakes on saying that he bailed her out and she sounds like she wants to be in charge.  Well, in fact she does.  She lays out her terms: COO of Newman, and complete authority to make decisions.  He wonders why she is being so cocky and she says she has more to offer than BS.  That she is the prize because she is wonder biz woman.  Right, this same woman who tanked her company.  She says she wants it be clear that she is the heir apparent, that Nick has walked away and she says Abby is no Victoria.  He agrees and he buys it, and says it will be fun.  He wants to issue a press release, and she says no, she will decide when the time is right.  She wants to keep it secret for now.
  • Abby goes for brekkie with Zack after that, and whines about Vic, and he tells her she should not be so paranoid and that she is awesome.  They then decide to move in together.
  • At the GCAC, Hil and Jordan spar and she vows revenge.  Later at GC Buzz she is selecting her wardrobe with Chelz.  She tells Chelz that Lily put Jordan in the friend zone and then he came running to her, she told him to get lost and he clapped back hard.  She tells Chelz that she is going to expose his past. Chelz says she will not share anything about Jordan, and Hil threatens her that if she doesn't hear it from Chelz, she cannot control the narrative.  Hil says she didn't mean to threaten her, they are sisters.  Chelz says, sisters don't blackmail each other.  She says she is going to protect her past at all cost, and she stomps out.
  • At the burned out Underpants, Nick is remembering all the fantastic things about the place and he seems pretty bummed out.  Phyllis shows up with a dust pan in her hand.  Nick wonders whether he still has a passion for the Underpants, and suggests it may be time to move on.  Phyllis says, what about Noah.  He says that is the question.  Phyllis tells Nick that she is done with Billy.
  • At CL, Sharon and Scott are finally telling Paul about Zack and Design Date, but he is not buying it as being significant enough.  Scott tells him about Tessa's story about the massage parlours. Paulie is going to check into it but don't expect too much.  We know, Paulie. He tells Scott to stay out of the investigation and he leaves.  Scott is so grateful to have Sharon, and she says now that Faith adores him, she has to keep him around.  Noah and Tessa show up and Sharon fills in Tessa on the Paul investigation.  Sharon says Crystal may be the key to solving the case.  Tessa says Crystal may never have even met Zack.  Mariah shows up and awkwardness ensues, as Noah suggests they all get a table.  Noah tells them that the fire may have been deliberate and they wonder who would do such a thing. Noah thinks that maybe it is not so bad after all, they can rebuild and improve what they had and use it as model for their expansion. Later Noah sees Mariah leaving and wants to know what is wrong with her, she is not acting her normal happy self around Tessa.  He thinks that Mariah is jealous cause he is infringing on her Tessa friend time.
  • At the GCAC, Chelz meets with Jordan to tell him about Hilary being on the warpath against him.  She doesn't want her grifter past exposed and she tells Jordan to shut her down.
  • Back at the Abbott mansion, Vic arrives and says she is there to check on the father of her children.   She says people were tossing around the word hero last night and he said she can refer to him as hero dad.  She says, too bad she cannot call him hero employee.  She then tells him that she is really grateful that he saved Reed, that losing him is her worst nightmare.  Really? I thought that was losing BS.  She says that she has tried to reach JT but cannot find him.  Billy wonders whether Vic is grateful enough so that he doesn't need to look for another job, and she says he should focus on looking for a new girlfriend.  He says it is not the first time he has had to start from scratch.  Vic says, at least Jack took him in.  She says that Jack welcomed him home, maybe he would welcome him back to Jabot.  Jack walks in and says there is a limit to his generosity, and after what Billy did to BS, he is not sure he wants him near his company.  Vic says, Billy did his fair share of damage but BS will survive.  Jack says, funny, that is not what he heard.  She says he heard wrong.  Billy says, hold on, you turned things around overnight, and she replies that maybe all it took was getting rid of him.  She says she has a handle on all the bad press, she put the company's finances in order, and she has assured all of the buyers that all is well. Billy says, in the last twelve hours?  Be honest, your father bailed you out.  She says, she is done confiding in him, all they share is kids.  And she thanks him for what he did for Reed. Jack is listening, intrigued.  Vic leaves.  Jack and Billy talk about Billy's exes.  Billy says he is not going to give up on Phyllis, cause she is the only one who gets him.  Jack says, even though they agreed to bury the hatchet, this is "too soon" as he winces about the topic.  Billy says he won't be staying long, he needs to acknowledge how bad he messed up and try to fix things.
  • Chelz is now at the Underpants with Nick, and he tells her that he may have started the fire.  He's very upset, and she reassures him that he didn't do it and the investigators will figure it out.  He then says, what if I walked away from this, and she says she will support him in whatever he does.
  • At GC Buzz, Jordan tells Hil to stay out of his past.  She says she is going to expose him and he says if she does, he will expose all of her with those naked photos he took.  She says, she has the memory card.  He says, he has a back up and she looks taken aback.  WTF does Hil even care about revenge against Jordan?  She is psychotic.
  • At Newman, Vic presents Prick with a contract outlining their terms and he seems impressed.
  • At CL, Paul thinks Sharon and Scott have a good plan, trying to get Crystal to ID Scott.  He is going to do his best to catch Zack.

Previews:  Jordan and Phyllis at the GCAC bar, and she is feeling his thigh and says, is that better, and he replies, much.  Cane, outside Lily's front door, sobbing: I don't want to get divorced from you, I love you baby!  Dina to Glo, and Jack is standing there: You are just another floozy, whose only skill is how good you are between the sheets, and Jack exclaims, mother! And Glo looks furious.

• Love 15

Dina to Glo, and Jack is standing there: You are just another floozy, whose only skill is how good you are between the sheets, and Jack exclaims, mother! And Glo looks furious.   LOL!  Good one, Dina.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

Watching Phylis and Nick interact today make me think we may be headed back to Phick, with Adam coming back to reunite with Chelsey. 

There was an Adam mention today, when Vic was listing off why she is heir apparent to Newman.  She said Nick has walked away, so has Noah, and Adam, well, Adam, and then she said Abby doesn't have what it takes.  No mention of Dummer.

• Love 7