Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

When I came in here, though, someone bashed her and was really nasty about it--I swear, you'd think the poor girl set a puppy on fire.

Oh I know. I have seen some vicious comments about Summer and the actress that plays her. And while I don't think she is emmy material , I don't think she is as bad as some seem to think. Being mean to Sharon has made her a target unfortunately. HK almost gets as much bashing as MS got.

Electric Avenue is long gone, but there are many place downtown now.  I love both PEI and Halifax, have fun!

OH no... it was the best.. long long ago that was my hang out.. that and frankie and johnnys and the uptown ranchmans LOL.. I love PEI too and Halifax is always a fun town. Ty

• Love 2

There have been many articulate even eloquent posts on this board about the reasons for Summer hate.

All I see is she is hated because she was mean to Sharon. No matter what Sharon did to her.

The posts eloquently describing the faults of Summer do exist. But, if I must...

*Summer bullied a kid to the point of committing suicide. Her victim apologized to her.

*Ran Chelz and Adam off the road, killing their first unborn legume. This was shortly after she vandalized Ronan's car because she found him on top of her mommy.

*Married the man who kidnapped her aunt and shot Paul. Seemed angrier with Austin for sleeping with Abby than for his violent crimes.

*Lives large on Jack's dime while celebrating having a butthead for a biological father and vociferously defending Jack's shooter.

*Sleeps with a guy she considered a brother for a year. Personally, I find the way she treats Kyle to be a little disturbing, what with the ultimatums and controlling behavior.

*Has no aims, goals, ambitions or career prospects. Spends all her time whining for the Abbotts and Newmans to get along because that's what she wants, genuine conflicts be damned.

Nothing about the actress, nothing about Sharon, just the character.

• Love 22

^^^^All of THIS.^^^^  She's a lazy spoiled brat who does nothing but whine and try to control any dude unfortunate to be interested in her.  She thought she murdered her husband and everyone was all "Oh, Dummer must be protected and sheltered from any and all consequences of her actions, lets move the corpse and lie to the cops and be accessories after the fact.  Who cares if we all go to jail and Barbie Cop loses her job!"  And was she grateful?  Hell, no.  She continued to bitch and whine and snivel. And when her mother was going through hell all she could do was scream about MMEEEE!  No wonder Austin jumped on the nearest person who treated him like a human being instead of a purse dog.

• Love 14
(edited)

The posts eloquently describing the faults of Summer do exist. But, if I must...

*Summer bullied a kid to the point of committing suicide. Her victim apologized to her.

*Ran Chelz and Adam off the road, killing their first unborn legume. This was shortly after she vandalized Ronan's car because she found him on top of her mommy.

*Married the man who kidnapped her aunt and shot Paul. Seemed angrier with Austin for sleeping with Abby than for his violent crimes.

*Lives large on Jack's dime while celebrating having a butthead for a biological father and vociferously defending Jack's shooter.

*Sleeps with a guy she considered a brother for a year. Personally, I find the way she treats Kyle to be a little disturbing, what with the ultimatums and controlling behavior.

*Has no aims, goals, ambitions or career prospects. Spends all her time whining for the Abbotts and Newmans to get along because that's what she wants, genuine conflicts be damned.

See, now, this^ is criticism I can understand. Also, I wasn't aware of all that Summer had done (#1 & #2). The first two things on your list are horrible, and I find her defence of Victor and her past with Kyle absurd. Mind you, I think your last point is at the core of her problem. Summer needs a purpose.

Edited by C76
  • Love 8

miamama quote

And she can hold her own with EB.

and a long, chilling shudder went down my spine.  If they pair her up with Grampire.....=glaaah= another shudder.  But to Pratt and EB it will make sense because they will be the dynamic duo=Beauty and the Brains (neither of whom is Victor).  Excuse me, I have to go throw up.

• Love 2
(edited)

and a long, chilling shudder went down my spine. If they pair her up with Grampire.....=glaaah= another shudder. But to Pratt and EB it will make sense because they will be the dynamic duo=Beauty and the Brains (neither of whom is Victor). Excuse me, I have to go throw up.

God NOOOOOOO. I meant this actress held her own and even got the last word. But I CANNOT believe they would go there. Sofia Pernas (Marisa) tweeted recently that "Marisa and Jack are BFFs" - which made me inordinately happy. They have an adorable friendship already and it tells me Marisa is not going to be wasted on Team Newman.

Thanks Ninja. I didn't have the energy.

I think what adds to her annoying factor is that she is always miserable and judgemental. Pratt says HK can do "pathos." She can. But having her pouting constantly or yelling at people at the top of her lungs about all THEIR flaws is not making her likeable. And she has become so hard to take as a character IMO, the distaste bleeds into perceptions of the actress.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8

Vacation Alert, no banannacaps for at least a week.  I am back mid-week and then also, more vacation alert, I am away for another week the following week.  I will give you a heads-up before I go again.

I may get to watch snippets while away this time and so you may see posts, but no recaps.

BOO-HOO - but have a good time.

• Love 4

Summer  IS "miserable and judgmental" and that is on a good day and I do not see it being about Sharon---her obnoxious knows no limits---the snark she shovels in Sharon's direction and considers justified is no less than I would expect from a know-nothing who can't even walk in her own shoes much less anyone elses---yes she makes my blood boil due to the coddling and excuses the adults in her life constantly give her and that started with dear old mom and dad---she has never had to work for anything or suffer any consequences for her actions---I have never gotten over Dick giving her a new car for her birthday after she smashed the old one into other hapless folks---seriously? and yeah, the whole bully Jamie storyline---she learned nothing from that experience, not one iota of character development or new found compassion--- whiIe I suppose someone could say it is not her fault that she is handed everything on a silver platter by the clueless adults in her orbit but her attitude and lack of compassion for anyone else and her all about ME in any situation is my problem with her---I am not a fan of the actress much either because I think there are others that are much more talented that are given only scraps to work with but that is not her fault either---Ninja P's list is exactly the problem--the character needs an overhaul stat---and lose the Gnome.

• Love 10

So of course the cops find a gun with JACK's fingerprints in Chelsea's place. Juxtaposed with a scene of Jack "telling " Phyllis in front of Ashley and Ben that he did NOT have a gun in the park. Ben says the doctors believe that Jack has "locked in " syndrome ( remember Murphy post stroke? ). It lends cred to the hand squeezes.

Viv probably had his little rubber fingertips applied. Must have a collection of them. Asshat!

• Love 5

Ha! I was right about Jack's Locked-in Syndrome.

Fuck but this is getting annoying with Victor and his shit.

My ears perked up when they mentioned that. "Hey, didn't miamama....?"

I just looked up the sweeps dates, and this period ends on the 29th. Hopefully we'll have a big week and a half. At the very least, I want someone useful (HA!) to find out that there are 2 Jacks. Maybe something can occur to Kevin at the police station.

• Love 6

My ears perked up when they mentioned that. "Hey, didn't miamama....?"

:-)

I checked sweeps dates too C76. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE. Nothing's coming out tomorrow (U.S. Monday). Tomorrow will be poor Victor -- who Nikki had the audacity to say to Phyllis is "rotting in prison"(where he courts visitors, has a cellphone, an iPad, wifi and his very own evidence planting cop) being FREED. So, not counting tomorrow, we have 7 episodes until sweeps end. It has to come together in like 4 hours' worth of shows. (yes, I did the math.) I hate Victor so fucking much I still don't think I can take it. Gah.

Stupid Ashley calling the cops to find that gun. WTH is with her? Why must people continually help that ASSHOLE Victor??? He shot your brother at point blank range and left him, LEFT HIM, bleeding on the ground to run away and then denied ever seeing him that night. If he's presumed guilty of attempted murder it's his own damn fault. They act like he's as much a victim as Jack. It's fucking unreal. So what if Gabe benefited from it? Victor still DID IT. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Ugh. I am so tired of these stupid storylines. Why oh why did ChelseaCon not bring up tto Paul the fact that Ashley had just been in her apartment and had the door open to the very piece of furniture where the gun was found? Ashley would love to get Gabe out of the way - why would she not plant a gun with Jack's fingerprints? And why would Adam leave a gun, not even wrapped up or in a box, in plain sight for Chelsea to see should she open that door? These stupid storylines really get on my last nerve!

Also, I can't remember but did Victor plant the thought in Nikki's head that Gabe would hide the gun at Chelsea's?I may have ff'd by it, but how the heck did Nikki come up with that seemingly (to me) totally out of the blue?

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 9

Ruh roh...me is thinking the warehouse guy offering Abby a ride home is going to end badly......

Ya think?

And Abby, dearie, not so much with the champagne...while doing business [or something] with a super-obviously macho character. Okay? Kinda puts some stank on your deal-making skillz there.

And, number 2 [a popular number on Show--for so many reasons], was yesterday's CDN The Triad of Terrible Toupes Day? Cane's rug-glue hadn't settled down yet, or he needs that "invisible" mesh stuff on the front edge of his rug, which was riding up like a 1957 panty girdle. Michael's piece was a bit evident, too, but the oxidizing on his dye-job may trump the carpeting issues. I always like the number 3 myself, so it was with a kind of satisfaction that I welcomed the third of the Triad, Paulie, whose piece actually was the least offensive of the three.

C'mon Hair and Make-Up, you can do a bit better in the rug department.

• Love 6

Ruh roh...me is thinking the warehouse guy offering Abby a ride home is going to end badly......

I saw a pic a couple of weeks back of vikki and abby and abby looked like she had been beaten up.

apparently it was an instagram pic and was then deleted.

• Love 3

Ugh. I am so tired of these stupid storylines. Why oh why did ChelseaCon not bring up tto Paul the fact that Ashley had just been in her apartment and had the door open to the very piece of furniture where the gun was found? Ashley would love to get Gabe out of the way - why would she not plant a gun with Jack's fingerprints? And why would Adam leave a gun, not even wrapped up or in a box, in plain sight for Chelsea to see should she open that door? These stupid storylines really get on my last nerve!

Also, I can't remember but did Victor plant the thought in Nikki's head that Gabe would hide the gun at Chelsea's? I may have ff'd by it, but how the heck did Nikki come up with that seemingly (to me) totally out of the blue?

Victor planted seeds of suspicion, just as you thought. For every bit of this show that I enjoy, there's another that I hate, and Victor's machinations take the cake. Don't get me started on these people tossing others under the bus to defend him. 

miamama, your post has me concerned. Either we'll get a major development over the next few days, or the setup for something that will unravel. I can't help but wonder what benefit it'll have. Not that the show isn't doing well, but...Wouldn't Pratt and co. prefer to have ratings spike during sweeps instead of after it?

• Love 3
(edited)
miamama, your post has me concerned. Either we'll get a major development over the next few days, or the setup for something that will unravel. I can't help but wonder what benefit it'll have. Not that the show isn't doing well, but...Wouldn't Pratt and co. prefer to have ratings spike during sweeps instead of after it?

I think it's going down in the next few days. I just read a spoiler from SOD for the coming week

that Jack wakes up but asks Stitch to tell no one, including Phyllis and Ash, he's awake because he's afraid Victor or Marco will have him killed and his family won't be safe. So I'm thinking the big showdown is coming fast. Jack is awake, Marco is no doubt coming back and Victor is getting out of jail. The grand confrontation scene with the three men -- which will no doubt be witnessed by all of GC -- is all set up now. I'm glad that Jack doesn't trust Phyllis or Ashley with keeping quiet about him being awake. Idiots. They would probably run to Victor and tell him.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8

WARNING! Do not watch today's CDN, Monday U.S. with any heavy or sharp objects in your hands. Honestly, Victor has to be the most hypocritical asswipe in the universe. My eyes were rolling with every sentence. 

I was also alternating between puking and then praising Nikki. First she's apologizing to the old abusive fart for having doubted him, blah blah blah, then she has a moment of clarity when she is with Neil. Vicki tries to stop her and guilt her into keeping quiet but in the end, she goes to Paul with new info and feels like a fool for letting herself be tricked again.

No Abby doesn't get raped but is in a car accident with Guy. He claims he lost control of the car when she got frisky. Billy tells her she fucked up the deal.

VicTURD gets out on bail. Of course he shows up to see Abby and then Jack. Phyllis bars his way. More asshattery ensues. 

Avery says goodbye to a few people. 

• Love 10

WARNING! Do not watch today's CDN, Monday U.S. with any heavy or sharp objects in your hands. Honestly, Victor has to be the most hypocritical asswipe in the universe. My eyes were rolling with every sentence. 

I was also alternating between puking and then praising Nikki. First she's apologizing to the old abusive fart for having doubted him, blah blah blah, then she has a moment of clarity when she is with Neil. Vicki tries to stop her and guilt her into keeping quiet but in the end, she goes to Paul with new info and feels like a fool for letting herself be tricked again.

No Abby doesn't get raped but is in a car accident with Guy. He claims he lost control of the car when she got frisky. Billy tells her she fucked up the deal.

VicTURD gets out on bail. Of course he shows up to see Abby and then Jack. Phyllis bars his way. More asshattery ensues. 

Avery says goodbye to a few people. 

And Neil is the Truth Teller!

And, to make matters worse, Victoria's even more brain-dead than usual. Victor's miasma ought to be classified as a lethal weapon.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think it's going down in the next few days. I just read a spoiler from SOD for the coming week

that Jack wakes up but asks Stitch to tell no one, including Phyllis and Ash, he's awake because he's afraid Victor or Marco will have him killed and his family won't be safe. So I'm thinking the big showdown is coming fast. Jack is awake, Marco is no doubt coming back and Victor is getting out of jail. The grand confrontation scene with the three men -- which will no doubt be witnessed by all of GC -- is all set up now. I'm glad that Jack doesn't trust Phyllis or Ashley with keeping quiet about him being awake. Idiots. They would probably run to Victor and tell him.

This is the best thread. The. Best. 

Thanks for the spoiler, miamama. I'm looking forward to it.

God bless Eric Braeden, but I hate Victor Newman. 

PatsieandEddie, thanks for sharing that spoiler about Nikki. The moment in question just unfolded on my screen. I clapped and yelled,"YESSSSSS!!!" If she had said nothing, I'd have had a fit.

Edited by C76
  • Love 6

I don't know why, but this business with Abby rubs me the wrong way. She's an exec, yes, but then Pratt writes her as being naive enough to think she can go drinking with a jackass and come away without any repercussions. 

Something in my head is saying,"Damn you and your sexist writing!!"

Perhaps I should just lighten up and think that she's learning a lesson(?).

• Love 6

I don't know why, but this business with Abby rubs me the wrong way. She's an exec, yes, but then Pratt writes her as being naive enough to think she can go drinking with a jackass and come away without any repercussions. 

Something in my head is saying,"Damn you and your sexist writing!!"

Perhaps I should just lighten up and think that she's learning a lesson(?).

No. Do not doubt yourself, that way lies madness.

It's horrible shit, where Abby's concerned. If it's meant intentionally, it's insulting beyond words.

I can like Vicki quite a bit and then she acts like she did to Abby or with her mother. Today I wanted to smack her one.

Well, of course you did,

• Love 6
(edited)

There was a moment in today's Cdn when Nikki was sitting with Victor in Paul's office. She had apologized to him for ever doubting him (it's painful to even type that) and they basically made up and kissed. But MTS barely -- and I mean barely -- met EB's lips. He almost looked surprised at how quickly she pulled back. It was less than a peck. lol. I actually felt sorry for EB. That's how reluctant a kiss it was.

But, like Patsy said, a basically unwatchable episode. I FFd a lot. Nikki figuring out Victor was using that fingerprint card for Jack, and telling Paul despite Victoria's protests, was sweet. 

More pushing Chelsea at us. Gabe is summoned to the police station and Chelsea goes with him, fine. But she also goes into Paul's office with Gabe. WTF? The guy is being questioned on police business, on being a witness to an attempted murder. It has nothing to do with Chelsea. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5

How many times this week have I wanted to put my fist in Phyllis's mouth?  How many times has she been on this week?  The character has become unbearable to watch -- much like Nick, Gabe, Noah, and Faith.  Oh yes, and especially Summer.

Wait just a minute here. Isn't Chelsea Sue Adam's defense attorney in addition to being the holy sainted mother of Peanut, the designer of internationally acclaimed coutoure, and the winner of the Nobel Prize in every category? Surely she passed the Wisconsin bar between curing moderate to severe plaque psoriasis and brokering a lasting peace in the Middle East.

• Love 10

Chelsea and Dullen went to the same law school. After graduation Chelsea went to.Myanmar to steal money from tourists and donate it to charities. Dullen went to Afghanistan to play doctor, lawyer, cop, police chief, private investigator and DA with Caliou and also opened up a small business.

• Love 10

Chelsea and Dullen went to the same law school. After graduation Chelsea went to.Myanmar to steal money from tourists and donate it to charities. Dullen went to Afghanistan to play doctor, lawyer, cop, police chief, private investigator and DA with Caliou and also opened up a small business.

Oh, okay, that's the law school that used to advertise on the backs of matchbooks and comic books!

They got all the other stuff at FakeDegreeonline.com. Its HQ is in Genoa City. Kevin runs it.

• Love 5

And bring back Fen so she won't have to spend all her time with the garden gnome.

He's too busy working on his abs for his Under the Dome shirtless scenes. I watch UTD, and I am certainly not complaining ;-)

• Love 3
(edited)

He's too busy working on his abs for his Under the Dome shirtless scenes. I watch UTD, and I am certainly not complaining ;-)

Me too. Why don't we have that Fen on Y&R. Bring that Fen back and I think Dummer would send Gnome back to the potting shed in  the blink of an eye. Hopefully, Dummer wouldn't be quite as loathsome paired with Fen. It's a long shot I know but at this point I don't think she could be any worse.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 7

No that beast was a bad influence on fen and threw him under the bus time and again. She is like her dad in that respect that she drags everyone down and shifts blame onto her partners while she skates.

• Love 5
(edited)

So basically nothing happened today.

Okay this happened (but painfully boring episode):

Jack "told" Phyllis and Billy via hand squeezes that Gabe isn't his son and Billy decided they should tell no one yet (coma Jack agreed).

Marisa told Victor that he shot Jack, not Marco -- Victor looked smug. (Final scene, so no fallout from that yet.)

The above two items were the only "story movement" in today's show. Both added up to a total of 2.5 minutes, maybe.

Adam and Victor traded meaningless and pointless barbs -- while the ubiquitous Chelsea Sue looked on.

Abby is picking up on weird vibes from Caillou and her mom who are now sitting in a park; Ashley went to "get some air" in precisely the spot where her brother was gunned down a couple of weeks ago. Refreshing! Anyways, Caillou appeared.

I FFd Sage and Nick but I think she got an inconclusive paternity test result over the phone. I just don't care.

Marisa and Noah were also FF material. They were awkward and he was reluctant to kiss her because Barbie Cop. God almighty this is worse than I imagined. He went to his father, Nick the great and wise Yoda of relationships for advice on what to do. I FFd but I'm sure Nick told his son to go ahead and bang the chick.

Avery and her farewell tour ate up a great deal of the show because it included flashbacks of her relationship with Dylan -- you know the one that had pretty much happened off-screen in back story. 

Previews: Kevin about to tell Noah "something" about Marisa.

Abby wondering where her "boyfriend" is (she's in hospital still) while he's about to kiss Ashley in the park.

Jack convulsing.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 7
(edited)

Jack "told" Phyllis and Billy via hand squeezes that Gabe isn't his son and Billy decided they should tell no one yet (coma Jack agreed).

Marisa told Victor that he shot Jack, not Marco -- Victor looked smug. (Final scene, so no fallout from that yet.)

The above two items were the only "story movement" in today's show. Both added up to a total of 2.5 minutes, maybe.

::snip::

Previews: Kevin about to tell Noah "something" about Marisa.

Abby wondering where her "boyfriend" is (she's in hospital still) while he's about to kiss Ashley in the park.

Jack convulsing.

As usual, I have a few random thoughts. One of them involves a spoiler.

Firstly, I'd almost bet my life that Victor won't believe Marisa. He might think she's trying to throw him off of Marco's scent.

Also, a part of me wishes Marisa hadn't revealed Jack so soon. But who knows what this new development will bring. 

Secondly, regarding Jack convulsing: Is this what's supposed to happen

shortly before he regains consciousness? I thought I read that what looks like a breakdown is actually a prelude to a breakthrough, and Jack tells Stitch not to tell anyone about his improved status. I don't feel like looking up that spoiler again, but I hope it was correct.

Edited by C76
  • Love 4

I don't think he'll believe her either. He will sashay smugly out of the room, turn into a bat in the hallway and flap his bat wings over to hospital where he will magically appear in Jack's room. Of course Phyllis will be in the john when this goes down so there won't be a witness. #fuckyouVic

• Love 10

You said it, mm! I think I beat my previous zone-out record yesterday.

Get a grip, writers, please. When editors put together a show that's just the Dance of the Exposition Fairies, and Jack's Hand is the most active item in an episode, that's not good TV.

I did have a moment, though, at Marisa's massively unclosed [is that a word?] bathrobe. C'mon now, when you're sitting around of an evening, even if it's in a suite at the world-famed GCAC rather than at, oh shall we say, the Georges V in Paris, would you not just pull your terry robe together at the front, and maybe even tie it?

Then again, Marisa may be psychic and just waiting for a wade in the kiddie pool. Or just waiting for some cheesy take-out chicken soup.

I can't even type anything about Ashley stooping to Dr Loaf. Did every other man in the universe suddenly evaporate?

• Love 5

Well, I see we are at the beginning of the Nick Newman redemption tour.  Will he go around making self-deprecating comments until everyone forgives his heinous behavior?  From what he said to Herb it sounded like someone has been reading these threads to him. 

• Love 4

I hope you're wrong about someone reading these threads to Nick, peacheslatour. I'll be heartbroken if I'm impeached as president of the Nick Newman Fan Club for a few mildly impolitic statements.

Jack's Hand for the Emmy!

• Love 12

Secondly, regarding Jack convulsing: Is this what's supposed to happen

I was afraid when someone dropped the 'living will' anvil a while back that Victor would come up with a LW saying that if Jack develops a hangnail, he wants someone to smother him with a pillow.

• Love 6