Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: MAFS: Happily Ever After?

• Start Topic

I see no difference between Ashley and Danielle. Both are extremely selfish and have to get their way all the time. Ashley telling Anthony the baby's gender like that was practically pathological. She's terrible. Like Bobby, Anthony buries it all. We saw him blow up at Ashley on their MAFS season. Ugh, I dislike her so much. I see why she needed to go on the show to find a husband. Most men wouldn't put up with her shit.

• Love 11

Danielle is looking worse every week and I was actually glad the expert tried to pry open Bobby’s eyes a bit to make him realize he can’t go through life catering to her every need and desire all the time.  I was glad he brought up about reciprocation in a relationship too, it’s so important in every relationship and if it isn’t there it won’t work in the long run.  Obviously everyone in his family thinks they are taking on way too much in a short time and I sure agree.  Does anyone know whose idea it was to get pregnant at this time?

Edited by endure
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, endure said:

Danielle is looking worse every week and I was actually glad the expert tried to pry open Bobby’s eyes a bit to make him realize he can’t go through life catering to her every need and desire all the time.  I was glad he brought up about reciprocation in a relationship too, it’s so important in every relationship and if it isn’t there it won’t work in the long run.  Obviously everyone in his family thinks they are taking on way too much in a short time and I sure agree.  Does anyone know whose idea it was to get pregnant at this time?

Probably no one’s idea. I mean maybe it is but it isn’t that smart to plan a baby 2 months after being married at first sight 

• Love 1

Oh Ashley, my god. That’s not a gift for him, that was totally a gift for you, you selfish little bitch. Geez. I really wish Dr. Pepper had given you the tongue-lashing you deserve for that move. You didn’t even have the grace to be embarrassed about it. Good thing Anthony thinks he loves you. He’s pretty forgiving if this stuff right now, but he might not always be. Yikes. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 19

Mother Pierre... Defending the indefensible, that ain’t right.

Ashley’s always gonna find a way to get her way...too bad Anthony.

Danielle’s faux “need for storage” was exposed by Cal’s game.

Danielle wants a bigger and newer house in a better school district. 

She is wanting homes out of Bobby’s price range, so she will need her salary to make the mortgage...

Feel bad for Bobby...Danielle is emasculating him right in front of his family...

All the in laws looking  at her like she stepped in a big smelly turd and walked it into the house.....

Dog report:

Yappy Keke with ears that are too big for her body. 

Chef Henry who can turn on stove knobs and make grilled cheese sandwiches.

• Love 10

First Jephte's mom can get stuffed Jephte is not a good respectful man that Shawneice should be grateful for, he seems to show great respect to his mom and adores her but he is a crap husband instead of coddling him she should be booting his arse and telling him that even if he only see Shawneice as the mother of his child that he needs to show her the same respect.

Jephte can get stuffed as well, you do not need a father figure to know that sleeping around while your wife is carrying your child in a high risk pregnancy is protecting her. He really should have been eliminated from this experiment so he can 'do him' and then his wife would not just have to get over it, the smirk that came across his face when Shawneice's mom told them that taking the rings off was not an option said it all. They all know why Shawneice took the rings and nice tidbit that he was not home when she did it so he was not wearing it at the time. He really does not get how screwing random women is hurtful to his wife especially after he made her feel so unwanted and would not touch her, he really made it clear that even when they finally did the deed that he didn't want to as he was not ready

Shawneice I loved her she was so bubbly and open hearted this marriage has taken it toll on her, I am glad she has her mother but I just want somebody to stand up for her and tell her Jephte is never going to be to husband she needs and does she really want this to be an example for her daughter of how women should be treated in a relationship.

Ashley that really was a bitch move he asked for one little thing and she had to undermine him again. Anthony was pissed off and rightly so at the present and Ashley saying it was so he would remember the date was a load of crap since he had already picked a date but she could not contain herself for another 3 weeks.

Danielle gets worse by the week, I can just see that if she decides to be a SAHM that she will require a nanny while Bobby is at work because she is too magical to change diapers. On the kitchen considering she does not cook at all then she really should get no real say and she can get stuffed on the rest of her critiques of the first house, it looked like a nice starter home yet it would need a total redo for her to even consider it, she really is an entitled princess considering she has never owned a house, bought debt into the marriage and she wants a new house so she knows that nobody has used the bathtub. Good lucky Bobby with your second job so the princess can have her wish because we all know that she will not be helping with the extra repayments.

Bobby needs to set some boundaries fast because Danielle is running all over him and the Dodd family is going to be grinding their teeth the whole marriage watching Bobby get taken advantage of.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Why do I think the producers scripted the anniversary gift/baby gender reveal for some drama?

I wondered about this too, but why would Ashley want to come off looking like such a total biotch?  I mean, seriously, there is no way to put a good spin on that. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, OnTime said:

Why do I think the producers scripted the anniversary gift/baby gender reveal for some drama?

I think they  went with her idea, she wanted him to know,  regardless it doesn’t matter because she went along with it and was a more than willing participant in betraying him like that.  I was stunned and so outraged for him.

Edited by endure
  • Love 7

Anthony's eyes welled up...wow... the emotions washing over his face were authentic to my eye...he went from furious to controlling his temper and NOT blowing up at his wife on camera....pausing...

He gathered himself and succumbed to the emotion he will be the daddy to a little girl....

Give Anthony an Emmy for reality TV....

Ashley's eyes welled up because for a nanosecond she knew she killed his trust in her to honor his wishes.....Ashley will ALWAYS have to be in control...

• Love 11

I actually thought that Bobby's family needed to take a back seat (especially his brother-in-law).  Yeah, nobody wants to hear that if only they would put their stuff somewhere else their house would be big enough.  Bobby's not going to get himself into a financial bind and I would imagine that the only reason Bobby and Danielle signed up for this show was to get a really nice down payment for their new home.  I agree with Danielle that it's good timing to move before the baby is born AND that they should relocate to a good school district.  Who knows what the school district is like where Bobby's house is located.  I also think that because they filmed at Bobby's house that "lookiloos" will start showing up at the house and that it makes sense to buy a new home that people won't be able to find from the t.v. show.

Oh, and I do agree that Danielle and Ashley both won't step down from getting their own way.  I just don't agree with Bobby's family giving all of their unsolicited advice. 

• Love 8

Danielle and Bobby.  They never fight because Danielle gets her way all the time.  Bobby just gives and gives and gives.  I am waiting for him to blow up one day.  That family dinner was very uncomfortable.  Danielle was not happy that Bobby's family is not as easy to manipulate as Bobby is.  

Bobby could not name one thing that he has told Danielle "no" to.  And she could not name one time she did not get her way with Bobby.  That was a very telling interview.  Danelle is not a nice person.  She is selfish and Bobby is being taken advantage of.  This is not going to end well.  

• Love 16

Bobby, after doing Pastor Cal's house-hunting exercise: "I definitely think that we have some things that we need to work on when it comes to communicating."

No kidding. I wonder how much longer it will take for him to tell Danielle that?! That two-sided communication Bobby wants will never happen unless Bobby finally puts on his big-boy pants and stands up for himself

2 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Danielle and Bobby.  They never fight because Danielle gets her way all the time.  Bobby just gives and gives and gives.  I am waiting for him to blow up one day.  That family dinner was very uncomfortable.  Danielle was not happy that Bobby's family is not as easy to manipulate as Bobby is.  

Bobby could not name one thing that he has told Danielle "no" to.  And she could not name one time she did not get her way with Bobby.  That was a very telling interview.  Danelle is not a nice person.  She is selfish and Bobby is being taken advantage of.  This is not going to end well.  

The blow-up that Lakegal described doesn't have to happen. This is one time I think Pastor Cal is actually helping. But Bobby and Danielle absolutely need to talk.  

11 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I see no difference between Ashley and Danielle. Both are extremely selfish and have to get their way all the time. Like Bobby, Anthony buries it all.

11 hours ago, endure said:

Danielle is looking worse every week and I was actually glad the expert tried to pry open Bobby’s eyes a bit to make him realize he can’t go through life catering to her every need and desire all the timeI was glad he brought up about reciprocation in a relationship too, it’s so important in every relationship and if it isn’t there it won’t work in the long run.

I do see a difference between Ashley and Danielle, but I'm worried that Danielle might have the potential to become like Ashely.

What Endure said: Exactly!

11 hours ago, endure said:

Obviously everyone in his family thinks they are taking on way too much in a short time and I sure agree.  

So do I. However, it isn't his family's choice to make. In fact, I think Bobby's family said too much. Bobby doesn't like to be treated like a kid --and he isn't one.  It's one thing for his family to express an opinion; it's another thing for his family to question Danielle the way they did. Bobby became defensive at that point, and he isn't likely to follow their advice.

1 hour ago, crazychicken said:

On the kitchen considering she [Danielle] does not cook at all then she really should get no real say and she can get stuffed on the rest of her critiques of the first house, it looked like a nice starter home yet it would need a total redo for her to even consider it, she really is an entitled princess considering she has never owned a house, bought debt into the marriage and she wants a new house so she knows that nobody has used the bathtub. Good lucky Bobby with your second job so the princess can have her wish because we all know that she will not be helping with the extra repayments.

Bobby needs to set some boundaries fast because Danielle is running all over him...

Good point, about the kitchen and the fact that Danielle doesn't cook, anyway! I chuckled when Bobby's family came "for dinner" and brought take-out food with them!

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Danille's faux "need for storage" was exposed by Cal's game.

Danielle wants a bigger and newer house in a better school district. 

She is wanting homes out of Bobby’s price range, so she will need her salary to make the mortgage...

Perhaps that is her motive. But remember, Danielle has never purchased, owned, or paid the mortgage on a house. She thinks what many other people from her generation do --that it's important to buy a newer, "stylish" house so it will have a higher resale value. She's not wrong about that, if what they're looking for is a temporary home --but they can't afford to get into the housing market right now; they're having a baby! 

Her concerns about wanting to find a house closer to her work and with good schools are legitimate (--I do agree with Humbleopinion that she intends to take maternity leave from her job and then go back to it).

Feel bad for Bobby...Danielle is emasculating him right in front of his family...

All the in laws looking  at her like she stepped in a big smelly turd and walked it into the house.....

I do feel bad for Bobby. I really hope he will finally talk to Danielle about what he wants, for a change!

• Love 5

Anthony's eyes welled up...wow... the emotions washing over his face were authentic to my eye...he went from furious to controlling his temper and NOT blowing up at his wife on camera....pausing...

He gathered himself and succumbed to the emotion he will be the daddy to a little girl....

Give Anthony an Emmy for reality TV....

Ashley's eyes welled up because for a nanosecond she knew she killed his trust in her to honor his wishes.....Ashley will ALWAYS have to be in control...

Yea he actually really composed himself. You could tell he was annoyed at first but he probably knew blowing up at her, it would be an even bigger fight so he just went with it. I felt really bad for him in that moment. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

I saw it that way too. Everything about it was too obvious. The money must be enough to have made it seem worth it.

Yep. I suspect this show is scripted and they agree to the script when they sign the contract.

• Love 2

I might think that it was scripted too if Ashley didn't have a pattern of this behavior. She wants her way 100% of the time and bitches/bullies until she gets it. She has no regard for Anthony's preferences. She runs all over him. I don't think this was scripted because it makes her look like a wretched, controlling bitch.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I might think that it was scripted too if Ashley didn't have a pattern of this behavior. She wants her way 100% of the time and bitches/bullies until she gets it. She has no regard for Anthony's preferences. She runs all over him. I don't think this was scripted because it makes her look like a wretched, controlling bitch.

Except that pattern could all be predetermined by the producers to fit the narrative they want for this couple. People insisted from the beginning that Ashley was baby crazy and would get pregnant asap but then it didn't happen that way. 

I think Ashley planned to spoil Anthony, not the producers, especially considering she told the other two girls beforehand that she wasn't going to let it go until September. I agree with her that it is memorable for him to find out on their Anniversary, but actually not in a good way. The conversation in the future will go something like "Remember when I said I didn't want to know the sex of our daughter and you totally wrecked if for me anyway on our anniversary? Great memory - Not!" I did laugh at Ashley swaddling Anthony on the floor though......And good luck to her thinking she will be more patient with kids - they are the worst! Nothing will try your patience like a toddler or a tweener/teen!

The difference that I see between Anthony and Bobby is that Anthony will at least vocalize that he is annoyed by Ashley whereas Bobby seems afraid to contradict Danielle. I love the little turn the cards over game where NONE of their answers matched. I said it on the regular season forum and I'll say it again here: Unless things are different when the cameras are gone, she is a very cold woman. It's especially hard to watch because Bobby is a gem, and it's really becoming clear she doesn't deserve him. Danielle is selling the move the wrong way to the Dodds - instead of saying they need more storage, the correct answer is that her commute is too long, especially once the baby comes, because that is legitimate. On the other hand, Bobby needs to start reminding his lovely wife about all of the debt she came into the relationship with, and the fact that they are selling HIS house which allows them to upgrade.....She seems to think she is the Queen of Sheba........

Mama Pierre's assertion at dinner that Jephte is a good boy is exactly why Jephte is the way he is - all his life Mama told him he was special and can do no wrong........If I was Jephte's mom I would be going off on him for cheating on his pregnant wife, not telling everyone how great he is!

• Love 23

The houses Bobby and Danielle viewed are stunt houses...they are just in the beginning throes of house hunting, just looking for a week and a half before telling the Fam at dinner.

The kitchen cabinets in the one house that Her Highness said need ripping out looked like the ones in Bobby's house...kinda harsh Danielle...

Danielle is just a money pit...her $15K credit card debt, outstanding student loans, $8K to break her condo lease, perpetual maintenance of her lashes and brows and now she wants to move out of a house Bobby bought  17 months ago...he is lucky if he breaks even since it is less than 2 years...

The in laws react like it is a slap in the face to their Bobby that Danielle can't just hold her horses and live in the affordable house that Bobby is easily covering the mortgage with just his salary alone...

We see you Danielle....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

The houses Bobby and Danielle viewed are stunt houses...they are just in the beginning throes of house hunting, just looking for a week and a half before telling the Fam at dinner.

The kitchen cabinets in the one house that Her Highness said need ripping out looked like the ones in Bobby's house...kinda harsh Danielle...

Danielle is just a money pit...her $15K credit card debt, outstanding student loans, $8K to break her condo lease, perpetual maintenance of her lashes and brows and now she wants to move out of a house Bobby bought  17 months ago...he is lucky if he breaks since it is less than 2 years...

The in laws react like it is a slap in the face to their Bobby that Danielle can't just hold her horses and live in the affordable house that Bobby is easily covering the mortgage with just his salary alone...

We see you Danielle....

2 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Bobby, after doing Pastor Cal's house-hunting exercise: "I definitely think that we have some things that we need to work on when it comes to communicating."

No kidding. I wonder how much longer it will take for him to tell Danielle that?! That two-sided communication Bobby wants will never happen unless Bobby finally puts on his big-boy pants and stands up for himself

The blow-up that Lakegal described doesn't have to happen. This is one time I think Pastor Cal is actually helping. But Bobby and Danielle absolutely need to talk.  

I do see a difference between Ashley and Danielle, but I'm worried that Danielle might have the potential to become like Ashely.

What Endure said: Exactly!

So do I. However, it isn't his family's choice to make. In fact, I think Bobby's family said too much. Bobby doesn't like to be treated like a kid --and he isn't one.  It's one thing for his family to express an opinion; it's another thing for his family to question Danielle the way they did. Bobby became defensive at that point, and he isn't likely to follow their advice.

Good point, about the kitchen and the fact that Danielle doesn't cook, anyway! I chuckled when Bobby's family came "for dinner" and brought take-out food with them!

Perhaps that is her motive. But remember, Danielle has never purchased, owned, or paid the mortgage on a house. She thinks what many other people from her generation do --that it's important to buy a newer, "stylish" house so it will have a higher resale value. She's not wrong about that, if what they're looking for is a temporary home --but they can't afford to get into the housing market right now; they're having a baby! 

Her concerns about wanting to find a house closer to her work and with good schools are legitimate (--I do agree with Humbleopinion that she intends to take maternity leave from her job and then go back to it).

I do feel bad for Bobby. I really hope he will finally talk to Danielle about what he wants, for a change!

4 hours ago, crazychicken said:

First Jephte's mom can get stuffed Jephte is not a good respectful man that Shawneice should be grateful for, he seems to show great respect to his mom and adores her but he is a crap husband instead of coddling him she should be booting his arse and telling him that even if he only see Shawneice as the mother of his child that he needs to show her the same respect.

Jephte can get stuffed as well, you do not need a father figure to know that sleeping around while your wife is carrying your child in a high risk pregnancy is protecting her. He really should have been eliminated from this experiment so he can 'do him' and then his wife would not just have to get over it, the smirk that came across his face when Shawneice's mom told them that taking the rings off was not an option said it all. They all know why Shawneice took the rings and nice tidbit that he was not home when she did it so he was not wearing it at the time. He really does not get how screwing random women is hurtful to his wife especially after he made her feel so unwanted and would not touch her, he really made it clear that even when they finally did the deed that he didn't want to as he was not ready

Shawneice I loved her she was so bubbly and open hearted this marriage has taken it toll on her, I am glad she has her mother but I just want somebody to stand up for her and tell her Jephte is never going to be to husband she needs and does she really want this to be an example for her daughter of how women should be treated in a relationship.

Ashley that really was a bitch move he asked for one little thing and she had to undermine him again. Anthony was pissed off and rightly so at the present and Ashley saying it was so he would remember the date was a load of crap since he had already picked a date but she could not contain herself for another 3 weeks.

Danielle gets worse by the week, I can just see that if she decides to be a SAHM that she will require a nanny while Bobby is at work because she is too magical to change diapers. On the kitchen considering she does not cook at all then she really should get no real say and she can get stuffed on the rest of her critiques of the first house, it looked like a nice starter home yet it would need a total redo for her to even consider it, she really is an entitled princess considering she has never owned a house, bought debt into the marriage and she wants a new house so she knows that nobody has used the bathtub. Good lucky Bobby with your second job so the princess can have her wish because we all know that she will not be helping with the extra repayments.

Bobby needs to set some boundaries fast because Danielle is running all over him and the Dodd family is going to be grinding their teeth the whole marriage watching Bobby get taken advantage of.

It seems like Danielle is planning to quit her job and be a stay at home mom. This could be why she did not tell her in laws that they were mainly moving for her commute. The in laws do need to butt out, but it does kind of seem that she wants to move out because Bobby’s house is not nice enough for her. If storage is an issue than why is size dead last on her list?

No Jephte’s mom, S is not lucky to have your son as a husband and his behavior is far from respectful. J might be a low key and likable guy but that does not make him a good husband.

Does anyone remember what Bobby does for a living? I wonder how the move will affect his commute?

I have a brilliant idea. A Married At First Sight and House Hunters crossover. I must be a genius(sarcasm).

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6

Wow, the show is really making Ashley and Danielle look bad. I didn't watch A&A's season that much, so don't know too much about them.  But I love Danielle & Bobby and still believe 99% of this is made up.  And I don't think Danielle realizes how the show is trying to gaslight her.  This whole contrived thing about Bobby doing all the work in their relationship is B.S.  It's manufactured, manipulated, and edited to make it look that way.  Bobby has probably had to fight old ladies pinching his cheeks all his life and people thinking because he LOOKS so young, he needs guidance and help moving into manhood when in fact he already IS a grown man.  Every once in a while, and you saw it last night, Bobby will bristle at people getting into his biz-ness.  And that includes his wife's business, too.  He is very confident in being able to provide for his family and I don't see him making a mistake.  The Fam just doesn't want to see them move, which I can understand, but really...they need to butt out.  

Regarding Danielle....Bobby & Danielle probably didn't have a clue the show would try to make her out to be some cold-hearted lazy demanding bitch, but that's exactly how they are portraying her.  B&D just got off the first show and it was probably still airing when they began production on this second show (I think).  All Pastor Cal and Sex Advisor Dr. Jessica could nail her back then is that she was able to say the "L" word as freely as Bobby.  Now it's a new show, and from the get-go they've been implying that...well...she's lazy and Bobby does everything for her.  It's like they got a whiff of the message boards (not saying this one) and thought...yeah, let's make Danielle out to be undeserving of sweet wonderful Bobby.  And from Episode 1 people look at them in horror that they haven't had a fight yet.  As opposed, of course, to the 15 or so other couples picked for the show who fought all the time and now are divorced compliments of being on this show, right Cal?  Bobby is not a spineless doormat.  Danielle wants to be a career woman because she probably hates domesticity.  At least she knows her shortcomings.  I don't think Danielle sits around all day letting Bobby wait on her hand and foot.  They are heavily edited, IMO, because even though there's probably room for improvement in their marriage from both of them, I'm still seeing two people who seem to be crazy about each other...not because one waits on the other hand and foot or whatever, but just because they feel they've found their mate.  Sadly, I don't see so much of that with Ashley & Anthony after 2 years of marriage, but there does look like there's love there, so that's good. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It seems like Danielle is planning to quit her job and be a stay at home mom. This could be why she did not tell her in laws that they were mainly moving for her commute.

Interesting... I actually took that to have the exact opposite meaning. I think Danielle didn't tell her in-laws they were moving for her work commute because she doesn't intend to stay home with the baby after her maternity leave, like Bobby and her in-laws have very strongly "suggested" she should do!

The in laws do need to butt out, but it does kind of seem that she wants to move out because Bobby’s house is not nice enough for her. If storage is an issue than why is size dead last on her list?

I noticed that, too. Storage was never her reason for wanting to move, only her excuse.

No Jephte’s mom, S is not lucky to have your son as a husband and his behavior is far from respectful. J might be a low key and likable guy but that does not make him a good husband.

You sure got that right! Jephte doesn't love her, he never did. He's said that. That couple never would have made it it 4 months, if she hadn't gotten pregnant --and it's obvious Jephte only plans to stay 'married' until the baby comes.

• Love 4

Bobby's family is correct regarding him just purchasing his home a year ago, it's far too soon sell, he would be extremely lucky to break even at best. Even if his home has increased in value so have all of the other homes in the area.  I think his parents should be telling him stuff like that, this is his first time owning/selling a house and he's very young in a lot of ways.  Besides why should Danielle even be concerned about  schools at this point, the baby isn't even born yet!  I am believing Danielle is a huge manipulator.  Even the fact that she moved to an area to attract a southern gentleman, that was concerning to me right from the start.  Who does that?  

Edited by endure
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I did laugh at Ashley swaddling Anthony on the floor though......And good luck to her thinking she will be more patient with kids - they are the worst! Nothing will try your patience like a toddler or a tweener/teen!

This!!  I've got my own and I've taught from kindergarten through 8th.  You will love them beyond anything and most of the time you can be patient when you remember they're always learning, but there are times when they will try your patience like crazy and they will do it on purpose sometimes to push your buttons.  She will find herself screaming at a child more than she ever has at another adult and I think it will surprise her, but her personality comes across as she'll justify it because she's always right.  I can see a mini Ashley in the making like one of those pageant kids.  Good grief, I just had a pic of mom and mini-me ganging up against dad and him stopping off at bars under the guise of working late just so someone will validate him.  Hopefully this will not be the case.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

Wow, the show is really making Ashley and Danielle look bad. ...I love Danielle & Bobby and still believe 99% of this is made up.  And I don't think Danielle realizes how the show is trying to gaslight her.  This whole contrived thing about Bobby doing all the work in their relationship is B.S.  It's manufactured, manipulated, and edited to make it look that way. 

They may be "gaslighting" Danielle, but I don't agree that 99% of "Bobby doing all the work in their relationship" is "made up". He obviously does more than his share.

Bobby has probably had to fight old ladies pinching his cheeks all his life and people thinking because he LOOKS so young, he needs guidance and help moving into manhood when in fact he already IS a grown man.  Every once in a while, and you saw it last night, Bobby will bristle at people getting into his biz-ness.  And that includes his wife's business, too.  He is very confident in being able to provide for his family and I don't see him making a mistake.  The Fam just doesn't want to see them move, which I can understand, but really...they need to butt out.  

I don't think Bobby's family needs to "butt out". They're his family, they love him, and they probably know more about buying and selling houses than he does.

I do think Bobby is sensitive about being treated like he's 'still a kid' (--and yeah, old ladies have probably pinched his cheeks more than a few times)! But I'm not worried Bobby will let his life be run by his family, because you're absolutely right that he is willing and able to assert his status as a grown, confident man --not a "kid".

1 hour ago, endure said:

Bobby's family is correct regarding him just purchasing his home a year ago, it's far too soon sell, he would be extremely lucky to break even at best. Even if his home has increased in value so have all of the other homes in the area.  I think his parents should be telling him stuff like that, this is his first time owning/selling a house and he's very young in a lot of ways.  Besides why should Danielle even be concerned about  schools at this point, the baby isn't even born yet?  I am believing Danielle is a huge manipulator.  

I don't think Danielle is evil, or "a huge manipulator". I do think, however, that she's telling Bobby's family what she thinks they want to hear, rather than what she really wants and feels. (She probably wants to avoid more lectures from them about how to be a wife & mother...)

Regarding Danielle....Bobby & Danielle probably didn't have a clue the show would try to make her out to be some cold-hearted lazy demanding bitch...  B&D just got off the first show and it was probably still airing when they began production on this second show. Now it's a new show, and from the get-go they've been implying that...well...she's lazy and Bobby does everything for her.  It's like they got a whiff of the message boards (not saying this one) and thought...yeah, let's make Danielle out to be undeserving of sweet wonderful Bobby. 

Bobby is not a spineless doormat. 

Possibly. I'm sure MAFS monitors social media, and yes, maybe message boards, so they could have taken "inspiration" from those sources. In any case, their motive is to make as much money from this show as possible, especially since Lifetime is going through bankruptcy right now and they've had to sell some of their other shows. We all know what makes money for MAFS-Drama!! 

The real truth is, as viewers we don't know what happens in the couples' private lives. When the cameras are gone, maybe Danielle does all the work. (It's possible...)

Danielle wants to be a career woman because she probably hates domesticity.  At least she knows her shortcomings. 

Danielle doesn't seem like the "domestic" type of woman, for sure. She likes working and she likes being able to pay for things she wants. She has experience at being an independent woman. She had been maintaining her own residence and dealing with her own bills, etc. for 6 or 7 years before she met Bobby; she's not useless or clueless about doing what has to be done. And, now that she's expecting a baby, she seems pretty excited about it. Maybe she won't be the cuddly, cooing, demonstrative parent --but their kid will have Bobby (and his family) for that!

They are heavily edited, IMO, because even though there's probably room for improvement in their marriage from both of them, I'm still seeing two people who seem to be crazy about each other...not because one waits on the other hand and foot or whatever, but just because they feel they've found their mate. 

I hope you're absolutely right about that.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby had comments to make about the houses they saw, but the producers decided not to show him speaking up about anything ... to further their plot line. The "experts" on this show are embarrassing themselves weekly, actually twice weekly now that they have the other show, which is terrible.  I don't know how they face their friends and admit to being part of this farce.

• Love 2

Bobby will cinch up his big boy pants and tell the Fam they have to respect what he and Danielle decide about the house because...spoiler alert.

Let's suppose Bobby bought it at 125K and sells it for 159.5K..he came out fine...

Double income  they can afford to give Danielle her dream home... a more stylish house in the best school district with lots of "storage."

Danielle makes no qualms that she wants to push the budget to exceed the mortgage payment that Bobby paid alone...SAHM..nope...but SAHRB.. a spin off of a spin off....I'd watch that.....

• Love 1

Bobby...

He was so proud that he could afford a house at 27 years old but his bride can't wait until she can move out....at least Mr. Henry liked the yard....

He was looking forward to handing down his all baseball gloves to Bobby III...guess Bobbette can use them for base/softball.

My gal pals are as good hunters as their brothers so Grandpa Bobby, Bobby  will have Bobbette to sit in the blind with them on those cold mornings waiting to blow birds out of the sky...

Bobby said wanted a boy but he will love being a Daddy to his little girl....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Bobby...

He was so proud that he could afford a house at 27 years old but his bride can't until she can move out....at least Mr. Henry liked the yard....

He was looking forward to handing down his all baseball gloves to Bobby III...guess Bobbette can use them for base/softball.

My gal pals are as good hunters as their brothers so Grandpa Bobby, Bobby  will have Bobbette to sit in the blind with them on those cold mornings waiting to blow birds out of the sky...

Bobby said wanted a boy but he will love being a Daddy to his little girl....

Yeah, Bobby will soon realize that he can do all that stuff with his new daughter. I bet he will love her to pieces. 

• Love 3

Anthony picked a date out of his head and said he didn't want to know the sex of the baby until then.  What if he had said he didn't want to know until B-day?  A co-worker of mine knew her baby's sex but her husband did not want to know until the birth and everyone respected that.  I understand Ashley is excited, but that was a dick move.  Because revealing it early wasn't really for him....it was for HER.  Ashley is not a bad person, but in most cases the woman has the say in pretty much in 99% of everything going on during pregnancy and delivery.  This is one little thing he wanted.  It pissed her off, and so in effect she ruined it for him.  Like someone else said in another post, this will stick in his craw for a long LONG time.  And he will repeatedly bring it up many times over the course of their marriage.  

• Love 12

I don’t blame Danielle for wanting to move if she plans to continue working. Driving 90 minutes each way is a big burden for a new mom.  That would be a total of three hours on the road every day. But on the show she is ...I think ...pretending that she may quit work and stay home with the baby.  She may in fact do that when she finds out how hard it all is, but at this point I suspect she really plans to go back to work.If she just said that, the need for a home in a different area would be clear, and her prioritizing “area” would make more sense.

• Love 5

A&A aren't new to the reality show thing, so I lean toward the date/anniversary reveal being a set up for the show. I also think he already knew the gender; I can't imagine anyone revealing that to their spouse on TV.  I also saw no signs of crying with Anthony - it's become a classic reality TV move to cover the face somehow so it's not obvious there are no tears during a 'crying' scene, since holding an onion would be too obvious.  I still think Ashley is naturally a bossy pain in the ass though.

I wanted Shawniece to ask Jephte's mom if a "good, respectful man" cheats on his pregnant wife. His mom's bar must be set really low for "good" & "respectful".  I think Shawniece's mom showed tremendous self-control as she must find it difficult to be in the same room with that dick & the enabling mom-of-dick.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Danielle doesn't seem like the "domestic" type of woman, for sure. She likes working and she likes being able to pay for things she wants. She has experience at being an independent woman. She had been maintaining her own residence and dealing with her own bills, etc. for 6 or 7 years before she met Bobby; she's not useless or clueless about doing what has to be done.

I don't think she has done too well dealing with her own bills if she has $15,000 of debt.

I think that was the amount!

• Love 11

Didn’t Anthony say he wanted to wait until Sept 1 to learn the sex of the baby? I remember in their season they celebrated the “major holiday” (according to Pastor Cal) Labor Day together fairly early, before the 1 month mark. Given that it’s their anniversary, they can’t be more than a month away from Sept 1 anyway and Ashley SERIOUSLY couldn’t wait a couple more weeks? I get that it’s producer manufactured drama ultimately but...come on lady. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lazylou said:

I don’t blame Danielle for wanting to move if she plans to continue working. Driving 90 minutes each way is a big burden for a new mom.  That would be a total of three hours on the road every day. But on the show she is ...I think ...pretending that she may quit work and stay home with the baby.  She may in fact do that when she finds out how hard it all is, but at this point I suspect she really plans to go back to work.If she just said that, the need for a home in a different area would be clear, and her prioritizing “area” would make more sense.

You are right about the commute but in their reasons for moving that wasn’t actually mentioned as one if the priorities.

I'm sure Bobby was very happy with himself being able to buy a home at his age, & his family must've been happy for him as well. The seemingly intrusive conversation about the move probably just came from concern with him selling so quick & possibly straining himself financially with over buying. My guess is B&D have a cohesive plan but are not sharing it right now because the show needs to drag some drama out of these two.

• Love 6

I'm conflicted on how much of this show is real and how much is either scripted or exaggerated.  I definitely think the issues between Danielle and Bobby have some truth to them but how much the show has exaggerated them is a big unknown.  Bobby definitely needs to stop caving into everything Danielle wants at his own expense and start acknowledging and voicing his own needs when they conflict with hers.  What will happen if he doesn't is that over time as a result of stuffing all his feelings he will end up turning passive aggressive/resistant toward her as a way to sort-of but not openly or even consciously get his way.

BTW, Mr. Yeah No and I did the card test about our real estate priorities if we should ever look for another house, and all of ours lined up exactly the same.  We often agree 100% on a lot of things like that.  Interestingly, when we do disagree neither of us has a problem voicing that disagreement and we hash things out until we reach a resolution/compromise.  On the surface it may not look as if our relationship is perfect, but appearances can be deceiving because I am sure that we would score very similarly on dozens of similar tests like the one B&D took.  I just wonder how many other similar tests Bobby and Danielle might take and discover they don't agree at all on their order of priorities.  I hate to burst their little immature bubble, but they're living in a dream world where everything is "perfect" just because they say it is and because they never deal with any real areas where there might be conflict.  If they don't acknowledge it, they can deny it exists and labor under a false security that everything is a perfect 10 between them.  If Bobby does nothing but give into whatever Danielle wants they can never have an honest discussion and Danielle will assume that Bobby just agrees with her about everything.  I don't know how she couldn't see by now that this couldn't possibly be the case - Truth be told, I don't think she even CARES how he feels about anything as long as she gets her way.  Deep down, Bobby knows that her acceptance of him is contingent on him making her happy even if it requires sacrifice, and his lack of self-esteem is getting him sucked into that.  I often don't agree with Pastor Cal, but on this subject he is on very solid ground.

BTW, early in our relationship I used to wonder if Mr. Yeah No wasn't pulling a "Bobby" and just agreeing with everything I said because he was so eager to have me like him.  It did take me some time to accept that he actually DID agree with me and wasn't just trying to win my approval or whatever.  In over 40 years of knowing him it still amazes me how much we agree on and think alike.  Even so, we have still had major conflicts over the years because neither of us is willing to stuff our feelings and defer to the other one just because we can't handle conflict or need the other's approval.  Then again, to be in a successful long term relationship you have to "pick your battles" and giving in because you love someone is sometimes the route you want to take.  I'm not against that, although there have been a few times I've done it and regretted it and same for my husband.  Bobby doesn't realize that he's setting himself up for regretting a whole lot of stuff down the road when he grows up and realizes that he pretty much gave up all that he wanted for someone that really doesn't love him for him in the end.

Whew, sorry I went on so long!

• Love 10

The Fam and audience can see what is going on behind those eyebrows...Danielle wants to live in a better area in a newer home. Period.

If MAFS paid better Danielle would set her eyes and lashes on a brand spanking new custom home... but basic cable reality shows don't cough up enough $$$$$$

• Love 5

Yeah it is difficult to know what is scripted or not. I do think they are creating the appearance of 'drama' for the sake of the show with B&D, yet then again I do think Bobby is giving in too much as well. I hope Danielle has something other than debt to bring to the table in picking out the new home. At the very least if she does want something pricier due to area/size she may just not have an option to stay home with the baby, & will have to consider that as well for Bobby's sake.

Than again as I've said they may have everything lined up just right with the perfect house, area, payments, & baby plan, but we wouldn't know that, at least not right now.

I also wonder what's up with this 'we need more room/storage' etc. for one kid. People used to raise large families in small houses all the time, but these two have a 3 BR home & can't squeeze one little kiddo in there, at least for a while to save some money?  Geesh.  Gotta use that reality cash quickly I guess.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
On 11/15/2018 at 1:53 AM, Yeah No said:

I'm conflicted on how much of this show is real and how much is either scripted or exaggerated.  Bobby definitely needs to stop caving into everything Danielle wants at his own expense and start acknowledging and voicing his own needs when they conflict with hers.  

I just wonder how many other similar tests Bobby and Danielle might take and discover they don't agree at all on their order of priorities.  I hate to burst their little immature bubble, but they're living in a dream world where everything is "perfect" just because they say it is and because they never [almost never, if ever] deal with any real areas where there might be [significant] conflict.  If they don't acknowledge it, they can deny it exists and labor under a false security that everything is a perfect 10 between them. I don't know how she couldn't see by now that this couldn't possibly be the case - Truth be told, I don't think she even CARES how he feels about anything as long as she gets her way.  Deep down, Bobby knows that her acceptance of him is contingent on him making her happy even if it requires sacrifice, and his lack of self-esteem is getting him sucked into that.  I often don't agree with Pastor Cal, but on this subject he is on very solid ground.  

Wow. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I guess I have more hope about Danielle than you do. I don't think they're immature; but I do think Bobby is very inexperienced at being in a real love relationship. It's crystal clear that she [Danielle] does not like to express her real emotions (-or even, sometimes, her true opinions-) when she's on camera. I think Danielle is constantly uber-aware of the cameras and how they can effect her/their lives in the long run.

For both their sakes, I very much hope Danielle is more open when the cameras are gone. Danielle did, at least, seem to be honest and forthcoming in that card 'game' Pastor Cal assigned them...

Then again, to be in a successful long term relationship you have to "pick your battles" and giving in because you love someone is sometimes the route you want to take.  I'm not against that, although there have been a few times I've done it and regretted it and same for my husband.  Bobby doesn't realize that he's setting himself up for regretting a whole lot of stuff down the road...

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1

I agree Danielle does not seem to care about how Bobby feels about anything she jsit wants everything her way. And so far Bobby gives in to all she wants. He's going to get burnt out and grow to resent her. My sister is a version of Danielle. Wants to be treated like a spoiled princess and she and her husband didn't date long got pregnant then married so they were in the honeymoon phase when he marrried her. She wanted to be a sahm so he works a ton of overtime. When he gets home she expects him to watch the kids clean up and make dinner. I think he secretly despises her now. She had a tough pregnancy last year. Go really sick throughout and almost died giving birth. They were Sup to be done having kids but recently had an Oops. Instesd of my brother in law being concerned or just happy to welcome another child he is absolutely gleeful that my sister is pregnant again because she is so sick and miserable! He cackles with glee when talking about how stressed and horrible she claims to feel. I think it's the years of bending over backward and trying to meet her every demand that has taken a toll on him and his only form of happiness comes from seeing her suffer. I think this may be Bobby is a few years. 

It's really irresponsible to have not decided if there will be two incomes or not, sell a home that is affordable to move into one that is at the top end of their budget. Bobby has his shit together. Danielle is going to ruin all of that. She's not practical. She just wants what she wants and doesn't think about the cost or possible consequences. 

• Love 5

Danielle is like a Polly Pocket..she weighed 106 at the beginning of her pregnancy and all the barfing has her tipping the scale at 104.

Bobby looks normal sized next to his wife but he and Amber were about the same size....

Shawniece looks so uncomfortable in the last months of her pregnancy, she looks like she could literally pop....like Alien....

7 hours ago, silversage said:

Was there any talk about B&D adding rooms on the existing home? Danielle could decorate the living room how ever she wants and Bobby could have a man cave with his comfortable couch that Danielle thinks needs to go.

4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The Fam and audience can see what is going on behind those eyebrows...Danielle wants to live in a better area in a newer home. Period.

If MAFS paid better Danielle would set her eyes and lashes on a brand spanking new custom home... but basic cable reality shows don't cough up enough $$$$$$

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Yeah it is difficult to know what is scripted or not. I do think they are creating the appearance of 'drama' for the sake of the show with B&D, yet then again I do think Bobby is giving in too much as well. I hope Danielle has something other than debt to bring to the table in picking out the new home. At the very least if she does want something pricier due to area/size she may just not have an option to stay home with the baby, & will have to consider that as well for Bobby's sake.

Than again as I've said they may have everything lined up just right with the perfect house, area, payments, & baby plan, but we wouldn't know that, at least not right now.

I also wonder what's up with this 'we need more room/storage' etc. for one kid. People used to raise large families in small houses all the time, but these two have a 3 BR home & can't squeeze one little kiddo in there, at least for a while to save some money?  Geesh.  Gotta use that reality cash quickly I guess.

It makes me wonder what type of dynamic Bobby's parents have at home. I have noticed that Bobby's mother is much more attractive than his father. I also have heard that the Bobby's father made and then deleted some comments on social media about how "smoking hot" Danielle was, though I have never read these comments myself. As I have said before Bobby sort of feels like he hit the jackpot and right now is doing whatever he needs to keep her happy. Maybe his dad was the same way with his mother?

1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Danielle is like a Polly Pocket..she weighed 106 at the beginning of her pregnancy and all the barfing has her tipping the scale at 104.

Bobby looks normal sized next to his wife but he and Amber were about the same size....

Shawniece looks so uncomfortable in the last months of her pregnancy, she looks like she could literally pop....like Alien....

That is how I felt during my final months as well. I am a very petite woman and both my babies gestated 10 months.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, kira28 said:

Instesd of my brother in law being concerned or just happy to welcome another child he is absolutely gleeful that my sister is pregnant again because she is so sick and miserable! He cackles with glee when talking about how stressed and horrible she claims to feel. I think it's the years of bending over backward and trying to meet her every demand that has taken a toll on him and his only form of happiness comes from seeing her suffer. I think this may be Bobby is a few years. 

I hope that years of catering to (what seems like) a demanding, emotionally constipated spouse does not make Bobby cruel, but resentments build without even realizing so he/they may 'wake up' one day to another reality.

28 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It makes me wonder what type of dynamic Bobby's parents have at home. I have noticed that Bobby's mother is much more attractive than his father.

I'd need to see younger pictures of both; she may just be aging better.

1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

For both their sakes, I very much hope Danielle is more open when the cameras are gone. Danielle did, at least, seem to be honest and forthcoming in that card 'game' Pastor Cal assigned them...

Yes she was more honest, but she was also adamant that her way was THE way, & Bobby looked like a whipped little pup sitting there trying to assert himself (LOL; he looked a bit fearful actually) ... it almost came off like, "but, but, but... yeah, okaaaaay, yes dear..."  I don't know if this is now their shtick for the show, but they're both coming off badly.

Danielle is assessing every backyard for a good corner to build Bobby's doghouse; all the dogs will sleep outside with him, out of choice... (it'll be warmer).

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4