Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, holly4755 said:

I am loath to put a link and expose my ignorant sources, but on http://crazydaysandnights.net/,  the most wrongest gossip column. they seem to be indicating that Lind\say Lohan wants to replace Raven when she leaves. Do you get a replacement when you are on only once a week? right now seems like they have a huge cast. 

Oh lord NO. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

The article also said Sunny's been on the show 24 times this season.  WRONG! She's been on only three times, I think. 

And did Whoopi become a producer of this show? If not, why she gets to dictate what topics to discuss makes no sense. 

Then again, this is the Daily Mail...

• Love 1

There's no way this'll be the last season considering the ratings are better than The Talk's. Unless it dovetails in the Spring because the election is over, but I doubt it.

We can all see the drama with Sunny whenever she's there.  Can't wait for this repulsive woman (Whoopi, just to be clear) to finally go away already. Why can't she go after Jedidiah, damn, but, no, she always goes after the good co-hosts. She's ruined this show more than anyone else involved (in front of or behind the camera). And I think the article is probably on the money when they guessed Whoopi would like the show to end with her.

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There's no way this'll be the last season considering the ratings are better than The Talk's. Unless it dovetails in the Spring because the election is over, but I doubt it.

We can all see the drama with Sunny whenever she's there.  Can't wait for this repulsive woman (Whoopi, just to be clear) to finally go away already. Why can't she go after Jedidiah, damn, but, no, she always goes after the good co-hosts. She's ruined this show more than anyone else involved (in front of or behind the camera). And I think the article is probably on the money when they guessed Whoopi would like the show to end with her.

I was just speculating on the Whoopi thread that the show might be ending after this season 20 because I just cannot see The Great Whoopi Goldberg leaving this easy paycheck voluntarily and we all know TPTB at ABC sure as hell aren't going to let her go - that ship sailed a few seasons ago (during the first reboot when they allowed Whoopi to stay after they cleaned house of everyone else) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Vinyasa said:

Consider the source here.  Plus, any regular watcher could have written this story  - especially if they read this forum, LOL.   It's not much of a stretch to think Whoopi would want the show to end with her even she's never treated this job with any kind of professionalism or respect.  But since Bab's left, it's clear WG thinks of The Spew as her own show.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

Oh boy!  Hopefully this is the last season.

This show irritates the piss out of me 99% of the time but I want it to go on for at least one season after Whoopi is gone just to see if there is any improvement at all.  I really think she is the source of all the trouble - she's uninformed and just a shitty moderator - and with the right person at the helm the show might actually be watchable.

Plus I don't want that hateful old bag to be able to walk around telling herself that the show just couldn't go on without her and that's why it ended.  It's almost reason enough in itself to root for a successful reincarnation ...  knowing she is sitting at home watching the ratings climb and hearing people talk about how much better the show is without her would be sweet because you just KNOW how much it would bother her.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

This show irritates the piss out of me 99% of the time but I want it to go on for at least one season after Whoopi is gone just to see if there is any improvement at all.  I really think she is the source of all the trouble - she's uninformed and just a shitty moderator - and with the right person at the helm the show might actually be watchable.

Plus I don't want that hateful old bag to be able to walk around telling herself that the show just couldn't go on without her and that's why it ended.  It's almost reason enough in itself to root for a successful reincarnation ...  knowing she is sitting at home watching the ratings climb and hearing people talk about how much better the show is without her would be sweet because you just KNOW how much it would bother her.

It's obvious that Whoopi resents the love for Joy. I agree she is the source of all the trouble. Hateful, jealous and egotistical.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

I believe every single word about Whoopie in this article.  She is a nasty bitch and it is very true that Blacks don't relate to her, I sure don't.  We have all seen how she treats Sunny and Joy.  It was truly obscene, how she would bully Paula, mercilessly.   That was a lawsuit waiting to happen on Paula's behalf.   I am happy that people are now taking notice of her nastiness...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, rcc said:

It's obvious that Whoopi resents the love for Joy. I agree she is the source of all the trouble. Hateful, jealous and egotistical.

That's because she can't "outrank" Joy like she has all the people she's been in a pissing contest with. Joy's been there from the beginning. Hopefully Joy gets her ass out before the end of this show, and either takes the reins herself or Meredith comes back.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I believe every single word about Whoopie in this article.  She is a nasty bitch and it is very true that Blacks don't relate to her, I sure don't.  We have all seen how she treats Sunny and Joy.  It was truly obscene, how she would bully Paula, mercilessly.   That was a lawsuit waiting to happen on Paula's behalf.   I am happy that people are now taking notice of her nastiness...

Yeah I  know the Daily Mail has a pretty iffy reputation, but on this they seem right on the money. Truth is black folks have been giving Whoopi the side eye since that whole Ted Danson/blackface debacle. I know I have. She is just so inarticulate that even when she has a point it's hard to understand it. 

Edited by spiritof76
  • Love 11

I like jed. unpopular opinion here. I would rather have a confident, informed conservative who doesn't take politics personal and like talking about herself, and sex rather than an insecure angry uniformed prude one like Hasselbeck or a suck up like Nicolle. 

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

I like jed. unpopular opinion here. I would rather have a confident, informed conservative who doesn't take politics personal and like talking about herself, and sex rather than an insecure angry uniformed prude one like Hasselbeck or a suck up like Nicolle. 

I'll agree regarding Bitsy, and yes, Nicolle's sucking up to Whoopi was gross, but she is really shining on her MSNBC gigs.  My chief complaint about Jediblahblahblah is she ALWAYS has to talk first and the longest.  Maybe it's counter Whoopi who always has to get the last word in and the loudest. 

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm really enjoying Nicolle's input on 11th Hour with Brian Williams (I know, I know) & she's been on NBC news with Lester Holt three nights in a row.  Who would have thunk it??

She has been on the Today show a lot too. Leaving the View has been incredible for her career. She has finally gotten too big for Morning Joe it appears which I almost never see her on. Her parents (who are trump supporters) told her that she was fired from the view because she spoke out against Trump. haha!

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

At least Sunny will be there, thank all that is holy. I have no idea why'd they choose to have Candace there instead of Paula though.

Paula is reporting for GMA. Abc News is her priority which I think is her best route. Opinion is not her thing.

9 minutes ago, Bmarsh said:

At least Sunny will be there, thank all that is holy. I have no idea why'd they choose to have Candace there instead of Paula though.

Paula is reporting for GMA. Abc News is her priority which I think is her best route. Opinion is not her thing

And if this forum is any indication Candace's opinion isn't too many people's thing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, susieq147 said:

And if this forum is any indication Candace's opinion isn't too many people's thing.

Ain't that the truth. Paula is much better than Candace or Jedi and she makes more sense to have on an election special than an actress with no understanding of politics or news.

• Love 2
On 2016-11-03 at 0:34 PM, Dissy said:

Thanks for the link, susieq147.  Jediblahblah has a rather high opinion of herself!

She makes my skin crawl  and I am usually fond of reptiles

Her crash and burn will be so sweet ?

• Love 5
On 11/4/2016 at 9:07 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

Ain't that the truth. Paula is much better than Candace or Jedi and she makes more sense to have on an election special than an actress with no understanding of politics or news.

Ugh.  Candace is so clueless I cannot imagine spending election night watching her say anything.  Thanks for the warning.   I have to add that the one good thing about the presidential campaign is it's seemed to expose the Evangelical wing of the Republican party as the hypocrites they are; Candace however is too dense to see that.  

11 hours ago, JayD83 said:

HELL YEEESSS! No Whoopi + Sunny =  I'm in. 

I don't know but I bet Nicolle will be with Brian Williams and Rachel Maddow (and Steve Schmidt) on MSNBC.   And that's where my tv will be as well. 

• Love 3

CCB will just adopt the GOP Talking Point that they have to stop all appointments to any court, which they will only be able to do if (when?) the Senate stays GOP.  I'm sure her blue card is already typed up.

And the Senate will go big time GOP in 2018, since the vast majority of seats are Democratic and 75% of Democratic voters do not realize that elections are held every year, not every four years.

(edit) ...And Tiim Kaine's replacement seat will be up even sooner, so that's where the GOP will hang every cent.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

And the Senate will go big time GOP in 2018, since the vast majority of seats are Democratic and 75% of Democratic voters do not realize that elections are held every year, not every four years.

Huh?

12 hours ago, Fannysue said:

Huh?

We are edging into "political" commentary, but the basic point is that the electorate who actually gets up and goes to the polls changes dramatically in a presidential election year vs a "mid-term".  GOP voters typically vote every time there is an election, even for the odd-year, April school board elections. That is how they took over congress in 2010 and reinforced their majority in 2014 (and how they took over many state legislatures in 2010, thus allowing them to re-draw congressional boundaries to ensure a safe GOP majority in congress until the next census re-allocates seats).  It takes something hugely dramatic. like say, a war, to get the Democratic base to the polls in off-year, mid-term elections (ie 2006).

In 2018, only 8 GOP seats are up for grabs.  25 Democratic seats are contested, many of them in reliably red states.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/07/24/voter-turnout-always-drops-off-for-midterm-elections-but-why/

• Love 1
On 11/5/2016 at 8:59 PM, maggiemae said:

I'm going to be channel surfing wildly Tue night........CNN, MSNBC, Lifetime, and even a little FOX. Probably, scratch that, with a bottle of wine.

Dana, Juan, Julie, and sometimes Megyn are about all I can watch on Fox... good luck

I love to watch FOX because they run with stories before they confirm the facts and you get the scoop much faster.  I remember I was watching CNN and they ran a crawl along the bottom of the screen that an ambulance had been called to Michael Jackson's house.   So I click over to FOX and they are blasting the breaking news: MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD! 

They (unfortunately) turned out to be right that time.  They aren't always.  You have to take pretty much everything they say with a grain of salt until a more respectable network confirms things.  But it makes watching the news so much more fun!

I will be clicking all over the dial on election night, including watching The View on Lifetime. We are having a little Mexican food fiesta in honor (or to spite?) of THE LOSER who is about to LOSE, with a red white and blue fruit parfait for dessert.  I plan on enjoying several margaritas and following the show in a thread here if someone starts one.  

ETA: I started the thread myself to get the ball rolling, hope to see you there! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3
On 11/5/2016 at 6:59 PM, Cosmocrush said:

I don't know but I bet Nicolle will be with Brian Williams and Rachel Maddow (and Steve Schmidt) on MSNBC.   And that's where my tv will be as well. 

I'll be mainly watching MSBNC, too. I think I will pop into the View thing here and there, until 11, when Colbert starts his live thing on Showtime. I need to make some room on my dvr for him. :)

9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I will be clicking all over the dial on election night, including watching The View on Lifetime. We are having a little Mexican food fiesta in honor (or to spite?) of THE LOSER who is about to LOSE, with a red white and blue fruit parfait for dessert.  I plan on enjoying several margaritas and following the show in a thread here...

I hope you will have some salsa con queso. I decided to add that to my election night menu of pizza, wings, and wine. It seemed appropriate. Melted fake-orange goo. :)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

Bill O'R won't go on the View again because of what Joy said abt Trump? 

So what.  Who cares?  (Tm Joy Behar). 

He wants a bump in publicity to push his new lying book. Hoping against hope that they ignore him.  And Joy looked phenomenal in yellow the other day. 

Thankfully, we know Joy Behar has enough confidence not to care what any of these Republican nutjobs say about or do to her. There was another story last week about Bill Cunningham calling her an ugly broad who needed to be muzzled. This is what happens to liberals who refuse to silence themselves during Republican administrations, since I remember it being a regularity under Bush and no doubt will be worse under Trump. She has a contract for these next three years, but I worry after reading that ABC is changing their programming since Trump became president that she may end up getting cut once her contract expires for the same reason she was cut at HLN--her politics (despite the fact she was second-highest in the ratings on HLN and she saved The View when she returned after it was tanking in the ratings following O'Donnell's exit the previous Spring). If something like that were to occur, I would gladly quit this show for good, and there's nobody new they could get to lure me back.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Thankfully, we know Joy Behar has enough confidence not to care what any of these Republican nutjobs say about or do to her. There was another story last week about Bill Cunningham calling her an ugly broad who needed to be muzzled. This is what happens to liberals who refuse to silence themselves during Republican administrations, since I remember it being a regularity under Bush and no doubt will be worse under Trump. She has a contract for these next three years, but I worry after reading that ABC is changing their programming since Trump became president that she may end up getting cut once her contract expires for the same reason she was cut at HLN--her politics (despite the fact she was second-highest in the ratings on HLN and she saved The View when she returned after it was tanking in the ratings following O'Donnell's exit the previous Spring). If something like that were to occur, I would gladly quit this show for good, and there's nobody new they could get to lure me back.

ABC should think long and hard before they start doing Donald Trump's bidding.  There are too many viewing choices nowadays.  If they pollute the airwaves with only swamp dwellers and deplorables people will find another network to watch.

• Love 10

Aww- poor widdle Candace did stomp out of the after-show one day....and, and iirc, the next week got booed by the audience (not the co-hosts). So AWOL. Perhaps BW's is right - after all - Candace and Raven are the only tv child stars that have been more or less - "let go." OTOH the producers got it - and did it.

ETA - BW usually has a huge problem with turn over and how it is perceived.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6

Remember when we were saying that Whoopi was handling CCB with kid gloves, apologizing for interrupting her, etc?  There was a weird vibe, where Candace was being talked to like a fragile flower.   she was booed by the audience (wasn't that for supporting Trump?  or not liking Hillary based on Christianity?) And I think that surprised her and made her cry.   Then she got the fragile flower treatment, and then she was "too busy with other projects"  to stay. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, spiritof76 said:

http://nyp.st/2hgRIBx

Well, well, well. Seems like maybe Miss Bure went AWOL, before her announced departure. I know it's Page Six from the NY Post, so should be taken with a grain of salt, but I  can definitely see some truth in this. 

I told y'all after that smackdown about 3 or 4 Mondays ago she wasn't coming back.  She went on and on about how we needed to get over Trump winning.  That the [racial] attacks were equally on each side and we needed to wait until he got in the chair before we complained about him.  Whoopi and Joy didn't want to hear it and the fragile flower looked as if she would cry.  She didn't come back until last Thursday to announce she was leaving. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, spiritof76 said:

http://nyp.st/2hgRIBx

Well, well, well. Seems like maybe Miss Bure went AWOL, before her announced departure. I know it's Page Six from the NY Post, so should be taken with a grain of salt, but I  can definitely see some truth in this. 

I don't feel sorry for BW. She is the one who opened the door to this by hiring a Playboy playmate (Jenny), a reality star (Elisabeth), and a complete idiot (Sherri) to be on this show.  Then she hired the most unqualified and egotistical person to lead the show. 

She should've stuck to the original format and made the panels more like the Meredith/Star/Joy/Lisa panel. Now that was a panel with intelligence.

• Love 19