Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: It Was the Worst Day of My Life

After Annalise chooses Gabriel as her second chair, the unexpected duo puts all of their efforts into Nate Sr.’s murder re-trial as they try to convince a jury to grant an insanity plea. Meanwhile, Bonnie struggles to rebound after a dark part of her past resurfaces.

Airdate: Thursday, October 25, 2018

Man, Asher better prepare for one HELL of a smackdown from Connor after that discovery. Wow. 

I really liked the bit with Annalise giving the jury an idea of what solitary confinement is like. That was quite powerful. 

Interested to see where this stuff with Bonnie and her sister goes. 

• Love 22
22 minutes ago, Dee said:

I'm tired of Annalise groveling for Connor's approval.

Frank needs to die. Painfully. ASAP.

Same here.. He's still a petulant baby... But I'm glad he got out of his feelings by the end of the episode...

• Love 5
On 10/25/2018 at 11:30 PM, Dee said:

I'm tired of Annalise groveling for Connor's approval.

Connor has always been a bit petulant. I like the dynamic he has with Annalise. I think a large part of the issue is he has become her new surrogate son and neither realizes or want to admit it. 

I know people will dislike hearing this, but the writing on this show has stepped up considerably since Wes died. Last season and this season have been really good. As much as I would hate for it to happen, I hope Oliver isn't dead. The thing is once you kill off a major character like Wes, all bets are off.  I hope it's Bonnie's sister or some other random character in the snow, but TBH my main guesses are either Oliver or Nate. 

I still don't trust DA guy. 

Very happy  to see Laura Innes as the Governor. Pete Nowalk does a bang up job hiring badass  actresses.

Can we give Viola Davis a round of applause for that moment of silence courtroom scene? That was fabulous.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 16

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh.  Asher is alive.  Dammit!   Can’t stand him.

This episode was seriously boring.  I hope we are done with the Nate Senior storyline.  Completely drags the show down.  

The complete absence of Tegan was very much noticed.  

So if Asher isn’t dead then the major candidates are Oliver or Nate.  Wouldn’t mind losing both.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Milaxx said:

I know people will dislike hearing this, but the writing on this show has stepped up considerably since Wes died. Last season and this season have been really good. As much as

I'm enjoying this season a lot, but thought last season was horribly boring aside from the Bonnie/Annalise stuff, and that's only because I love their dynamic and find it fascinating. Everything with Laurel's family was boring, poorly planned and all really felt inconsequential in the end.

Not sure I think Bonnie would be out there while Connor looked for Oliver if she had killed him, especially when I'm sure she's very aware that Michaela didn't buy her lie about cutting herself while shaving.

So I'm confused, were Michaela and Asher really not sleeping together and just planning the joint bachelor party or was that a cover up/addition? I'm also not sure I know what to think about the random resurgence of Bonnie/Asher stuff when she's got Miller. If they're planting the seeds to go there again, it would definitely lead me to believe he's dying.

Also, interesting that this is the first time they've confirmed both that Bonnie's sister was also a victim of her father and that her mother was part of it, too. I think this is the very first time she's ever mentioned her mother. I had speculated that her mother could've been who Frank was talking to, because she had never been mentioned, but now knowing that she was a willing participant, I'm assuming not. Her sister is still a possibility, in my opinion. If Gabriel is her son, of course.

Edited by colorbars
  • Love 2

God Asher, thats a serious violation of the bro code! 

I think the reason Annalise choose Connor was that she sees herself in her, and thats why they have a relationship that jumps from screaming and smoldering fury to almost maternal and hero worship. Connor can be a pain, but he does usually try to do the right thing in the end. I do hope we see him apologize for blowing up all over the place because of his massive insecurities. I do always like their scenes together though. 

Bonnie's boyfriend seems like a nice guy. That makes me very worried about his near future. So Bonnie's mom was in on everything too? Do we know what happened to her? Is she in jail? Dead? Elsewhere? Looking forward to meeting her sister. 

The closing argument with having the jury picture what that long in solitary confinement, and taping the shape out, was really effective. I hope this is the end of the Nate Sr stuff. Its been alright, especially as a reason to get Annalise to the Supreme Court to take on the system, but I cant say I am super invested, and I am ready to be done with it. 

• Love 8

I was honestly caught by surprise by how moved I was by the verdict in Nate Sr.'s case.  I hadn't really cared about that storyline, but I think Glynn Turman's amazingness, the powerful closing by Annalise, and Nate's vulnerability really impacted me.  Damn if it didn't get a liiiiiittle dusty in here when the not-guilty verdict came down.

Viola and Jack play off each other so well.  Of all the K5, I think she has the best chemistry with him by far; I love their scenes together.  I also loved Connor needling Gabriel.

A big fat NOOOO to Laurel and Gabriel.

Liza Weil was fantastic in the scene where she told ratty DA guy about her past and the baby.

This season is really bringing it for me.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, colorbars said:

So I'm confused, were Michaela and Asher really not sleeping together and just planning the joint bachelor party or was that a cover up/addition? I'm also not sure I know what to think about the random resurgence of Bonnie/Asher stuff when she's got Miller. If they're planting the seeds to go there again, it would definitely lead me to believe he's dying.

Also, interesting that this is the first time they've confirmed both that Bonnie's sister was also a victim of her father and that her mother was part of it, too. I think this is the very first time she's ever mentioned her mother. I had speculated that her mother could've been who Frank was talking to, because she had never been mentioned, but now knowing that she was a willing participant, I'm assuming not. Her sister is still a possibility, in my opinion. If Gabriel is her son, of course.

Yes I rewatched and they were planning the party not sleeping together. This reminded me of when I started liking them as a couple because Asher was the one who helped Micheala relax the high strung part of herself and be a little goofy and fun. 

I also like the discussion of the Bonnie/Asher stuff. Not that I want to see them as a couple, but I think it's unrealistic to act like that stuff never happened. Bonnie was just as broken up when Asher found out about her past as she is now. To sweep that aside as if it never occurred would be crazy. For Asher to pretend like it never happened would mean he hasn't grown as a person. Part of what I like about this season is they all stopped pretending that they aren't capable of bad things or that they haven't done some bad things. 

That brings me to Asher and Connor's mom. Dude?!! What is happening here?

I think we knew Bonnie's sister was molested, but not that her mom was complicit. They never mentioned her so I wonder if she is still alive. I don't think that nurse Frank talked to is old enough to be Bonnie's mom though.

• Love 3

I really liked Annalise's closing argument. The minute long silence worked very, very well. I hadn't been moved by anything Nate Sr. at all since he first appeared, but this was the first time it did. I did enjoy the fake out with making the audience think that they actually lost the case.

41 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

Yes I rewatched and they were planning the party not sleeping together. This reminded me of when I started liking them as a couple because Asher was the one who helped Micheala relax the high strung part of herself and be a little goofy and fun. 

Ok, that's good to know because I was super confused on if they were just lying to Oliver and Connor or if they were actually planning a party. That's way better than them boning. 

I know that Connor's petulance can be frustrating to watch. But I think I enjoy Jack and Viola's scenes a lot that I don't really hate it. Connor and Annalise's relationship is definitely a rollercoaster but it's because the two are so much alike. They worked extremely well together in season 4, which was a fascinating relationship to watch. Annalise treats the K5 so differently, and it is great to watch. But the only person Annalise treats remotely like an equal, or as close to an equal as she can, has been Connor. I didn't love her apologizing to him at the end for not keeping him as second chair, because he did act like a brat, but Annalise isn't the type to apologize often so when she does, it's powerful and you know she means it. It did display the level of love she has for Connor. Maybe not as much as she loved Wes, but she definitely cares about him more than any of the other K4 members. 

I did enjoy watching Connor and Gabriel play off of each other in the classroom. It was very tense and I didn't expect Gabriel to have gotten the mistrial idea off of Connor. Also, the fact that Connor passed it off to him so that Annalise would consider the idea since he thought she'd never go for the idea if it was from him was well played. 

Laurel/Gabriel? Noooooooo thank you. I don't need Laurel hooking up with NuWes, who already is suspicious with him looking at that article involving Wes. I still want to know what Frank knows. 

I did enjoy the Bonnie stuff. I am coming to realize that there's no way Miller is a truly good guy. He's TOO good for this show, you know? It's too good to be true that Bonnie could actually be happy. With how close Bonnie has gotten with him, if Annalise's crying in the flashforward is related to the death, I could see it being Miller and Annalise mourning for Bonnie and her happiness. Liza Weil was on point this episode, with Bonnie/Nate, with Bonnie/Frank, and then Bonnie seeing her sister. 

That reveal of Asher and Connor's mom, though. Jesus Christ, Asher. I hope it wasn't what it looked like. But....it probably was, which....dude, no. 

I doubt Oliver or Nate are dead (I'm not that lucky) so I'm just waiting to figure out where they are. 

• Love 7

I'm going to have to watch the episode again, I missed a lot of it because I fell asleep (not because of the show, I was just tired). 

But I did see...Asher....ewww, gross, with Conner's mom?  He's sunk to an all time low.

I've loved Glynn Turman since "Cooley High."

• Love 5
7 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

I was honestly caught by surprise by how moved I was by the verdict in Nate Sr.'s case.  I hadn't really cared about that storyline, but I think Glynn Turman's amazingness, the powerful closing by Annalise, and Nate's vulnerability really impacted me.  Damn if it didn't get a liiiiiittle dusty in here when the not-guilty verdict came down.

Agreed. I actually let out a sigh of relief when that verdict came down. 

3 hours ago, Milaxx said:

I also like the discussion of the Bonnie/Asher stuff. Not that I want to see them as a couple, but I think it's unrealistic to act like that stuff never happened. Bonnie was just as broken up when Asher found out about her past as she is now. To sweep that aside as if it never occurred would be crazy. For Asher to pretend like it never happened would mean he hasn't grown as a person. Part of what I like about this season is they all stopped pretending that they aren't capable of bad things or that they haven't done some bad things. 

Also agreed on this. Very well put. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, blackwing said:

if Asher isn’t dead then the major candidates are Oliver or Nate.  Wouldn’t mind losing both.

They're going to such lengths every week to let us know that Oliver is missing that I'm convinced he'll be alive. 

That's too bad, because I don't like him. (she said shallowly)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Milaxx said:

That brings me to Asher and Connor's mom. Dude?!! What is happening here?

I think we knew Bonnie's sister was molested, but not that her mom was complicit. They never mentioned her so I wonder if she is still alive. I don't think that nurse Frank talked to is old enough to be Bonnie's mom though.

Yeah, I agree that it makes sense that they'd bring it up a bit and have Asher semi involved - I think it worked this episode without seeming random at all - but him bringing up their past and seemingly like he was testing the waters about trying again again felt really random. So I guess just that combined with this episode and then Miller finding out about them dating before, it's just the most their past has been acknowledged in a while, so it has me wondering if it's leading to anything. But then again, I thought that moment last season, when he comes to her house looking for Frank and she's crying and he hugs her was going to lead to a Frank/Laurel type revelation later that they hooked up, so.

I don't recall if it was mentioned her sister was also a victim (Annalise might have mentioned it when she told Asher all those years ago?), just that her father threatened to kill them both if she told. But it was probably safe to assume she was either way. I'm pretty positive this is definitely the first time her mother has been mentioned though.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

YES! Me too!

3 hours ago, colorbars said:

Yeah, I agree that it makes sense that they'd bring it up a bit and have Asher semi involved - I think it worked this episode without seeming random at all - but him bringing up their past and seemingly like he was testing the waters about trying again again felt really random. So I guess just that combined with this episode and then Miller finding out about them dating before, it's just the most their past has been acknowledged in a while, so it has me wondering if it's leading to anything. But then again, I thought that moment last season, when he comes to her house looking for Frank and she's crying and he hugs her was going to lead to a Frank/Laurel type revelation later that they hooked up, so.

I don't recall if it was mentioned her sister was also a victim (Annalise might have mentioned it when she told Asher all those years ago?), just that her father threatened to kill them both if she told. But it was probably safe to assume she was either way. I'm pretty positive this is definitely the first time her mother has been mentioned though.

I didn't get the impression that Asher was testing the waters again. I think this is him showing a tiny bit of growth and caring for someone besides himself.

As for Bonnie, we've gotten dribbles and drabs about her childhood, but between the Asher episode and the one where AK was the defense attorney for the guy who molested her, I think we got info that he molested the sister as well. I'll rewatch and check/

2 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Oh, one other fun little detail: when Gabriel answered Annalise's call in the middle of the episode, his phone had Annalise listed as "Her"; I found that innnnnnnnteresting.

YES! I've long suspected Gabriel came to Middleton with a purpose.  I did see that her. I wonder who he's connected to? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Oh, one other fun little detail: when Gabriel answered Annalise's call in the middle of the episode, his phone had Annalise listed as "Her"; I found that innnnnnnnteresting.

That was something I noticed too, and I'm assuming we were immediately supposed to jump to that meaning she's the her in "her kid is here". Not sure I buy it, I can see him not putting full names in his phone to be discreet.

Which reminds me, we saw him using a laptop in this episode while working with Laurel in his apartment, and it was definitely not the laptop he was using last episode, to look up Bonnie on. I'm assuming the laptop Frank "bugged" was the laptop he was using this episode. So I definitely think he's a step ahead of the Frank surveillance.

• Love 5

I too found Annalise's closing argument with the minute of silence in the taped-out box to be very effective. Even just watching it on TV made me uncomfortable. I love when this show takes chances like that, I think it paid off.

We didn't actually see the conversation between Laurel and Gabriel about how he came to be living in Wes's old building, so I'm wondering if it came before or after their little flirtation over the case studies. Because when we first saw that, I too was on the "nooooooo" train regarding any potential pairing, but then when she told Frank that she knew he was surveilling him for reasons besides him being in the clinic, I wondered if they'd had the convo before they started working and she was putting the flirt on to get closer to him and do some digging herself. That would be much more interesting and in line with Laurel I know and fear.

We know Bonnie has something to do with whatever's happened to Nate, since she has his phone, but I think she also knows what happened to Oliver too. She is not remotely interested in looking for him, and while it can be argued she doesn't really care about him, you'd think she'd at least be curious as to why nobody can find one of the grooms at his wedding reception. We still don't know who's dead out in the snow, but I think whatever happened to Nate and Oliver is related, and Bonnie knows the whole thing.

Oh, Asher. Oh no no. I'm glad he and Michaela aren't boning again (they haven't earned even an FWB status yet, if this show is at all interested in re-pairing them) but yikes, dude.

Isn't it a little early for Miller to be saying "I love you" to Bonnie? Was it just a reaction to how emotional the scenario was? I don't find it suspicious, just a little unearned.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

but then when she told Frank that she knew he was surveilling him for reasons besides him being in the clinic, I wondered if they'd had the convo before they started working and she was putting the flirt on to get closer to him and do some digging herself. That would be much more interesting and in line with Laurel I know and fear.

I was wondering about that possibility, too. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I was wondering about that possibility, too. 

She knew frank was looking into him... Frank had said he looks into everyone but laurel didn't buy it... Plus Gabriel is new he's a year younger and the first 2L to get into Anna's special class.. Add that to all the questions he himself has been asking.. An the final piece is when she found out that he got his new apartment when some guy he hooped with told him about it... Now I dunno if its Wes' or Rebecca's but its connected to the K5... So Laurel knows something is up

• Love 2

What if Anna chose Connor not for some ulterior motive, but because she had one slot in her "inner circle" just for someone who had expressed interest in public interest law, or something noble like that? She might not want to tell him that, because it will make him feel separate from the others, who were all chosen for less innocent reasons.

I think if Bonnie's boyfriend was dead, she'd be way more broken up and less stoic afterwards. So he's probably not the victim. But at the same time, where is he? Wouldn't he be with her at the reception?

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 2

Liza Weil deserves an Emmy for her acting this season. She nailed that car scene & has done such a great job of portraying depression, betrayal & sadness without resorting to hysterics or overacting. On a whole other topic what is up with the ring in a box(shown in the previews for next week)? Why was it shown? It definitely has nothing to do with Coliver because it's not a ring for a man. What is the significance of that? I don't trust Bonnie's "boyfriend" his reaction to Bonnies past was off. He should have been absolutely gobsmacked by that information. It's almost like he knows. Also that scene with Bonnie giving Annalise her password still sticks in my head. This show doesn't do things like that only to have the be filler or mean nothing. That's gotta come back somehow. I will be VERY surprised if Gabriel & Laurel don't bone by the end of the season. Blech! Was not expecting the flashforward we got. It definitely threw me off. 

• Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, NUguy514 said:

Idk why but I don't think Gabriel is Bonnie's son.  I think that's a red herring.  I think Gabriel is actually somehow connected to the governor, like he's secretly related to her or something.  It's too obvious that he'd be Bonnie's son.  But it's also really in our faces that he freaking looks like Wes and is kind of a better Wes than Wes was.  

• Love 5

Glynn Turman is amazing. Hope he gets some award recognition for his work on this show.

Liza Weil is also doing incredible work this season.

I liked the focus of this episode. For once, it didn't feel like the writers were trying to cram a ton of story into the hour. Keeping the focus on Nate Sr.'s case and Bonnie dealing with the news about her baby possibly being alive just made everything resonate more than usual.

Unfortunately, I still don't care about Gabriel.

God Asher, thats a serious violation of the bro code!

I yelled out "Ugh!" when I saw Asher with Connor's mom. 

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 5

I really hope that Miller isn't a bad guy.  Yes, it's fine for him to be a fallible boyfriend, causing Bonnie to end it with him at a later point, but I want him to be a good guy because his reaction to Bonnie's revelations was what she needed to hear and feel.  I don't want that to be tainted later by his ulterior motives or assholery.  Bonnie's been through more than enough and will continue to be put through the ringer.

It's not feasible in the moment, but I would have laughed so hard if Connor discovered Asher with Connor's mom and yelled out, "gross-eries!"

Michaela doing finger-guns with sound effects was quite possibly the most un-Michaela-like thing I've ever seen her do.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I don't trust Bonnie's "boyfriend" his reaction to Bonnies past was off. He should have been absolutely gobsmacked by that information.

I thought he was.  He looked horrified to me and had tears in his eyes.

• Love 8
On 10/26/2018 at 10:48 AM, Neurochick said:

I'm going to have to watch the episode again, I missed a lot of it because I fell asleep (not because of the show, I was just tired). 

But I did see...Asher....ewww, gross, with Conner's mom?  He's sunk to an all time low.

He was magnificent! 

My mom has no interest in this show but wanted to see a few minutes to catch Glynn Turman. I had no idea he would be in so much of the episode so she ended up watching the whole thing, just ignoring everything but Nate Sr.'s case. Great because I couldn't have explained the rest of that mess of a show to anyone if I tried. 

• Love 3
On 10/26/2018 at 12:34 AM, Milaxx said:

Very happy  to see Laura Innes as the Governor. Tom Verica does a bang up job hiring badass  actresses.

She directed the episode as well.  She has always been an outstanding director of actors, and Glynn Turman's performance during Nate Sr's testimony continues the trend.  She also directed "The Night Lila Died," which I remember as being one of the show's best.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, starri said:

She directed the episode as well.  She has always been an outstanding director of actors, and Glynn Turman's performance during Nate Sr's testimony continues the trend.  She also directed "The Night Lila Died," which I remember as being one of the show's best.

Loved her as Dr. Weaver and also I love that she's still married to David Brisbin!  Lots of fun childhood memories of him as Mr. Ernst on "Hey Dude."

It's a little wild and a little strange when you make a home out on the range ... Better watch out for those man-eating jackrabbits - and that killer cacti - heeeeeeeey duuuuuuude!

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, sweetandsour said:

Loved her as Dr. Weaver and also I love that she's still married to David Brisbin!  Lots of fun childhood memories of him as Mr. Ernst on "Hey Dude."

It's a little wild and a little strange when you make a home out on the range ... Better watch out for those man-eating jackrabbits - and that killer cacti - heeeeeeeey duuuuuuude!

Today I learned. That's pretty cool! I loved "Hey Dude" when I was little :). 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Idk why but I don't think Gabriel is Bonnie's son.  I think that's a red herring.  I think Gabriel is actually somehow connected to the governor, like he's secretly related to her or something.  It's too obvious that he'd be Bonnie's son.  But it's also really in our faces that he freaking looks like Wes and is kind of a better Wes than Wes was.  

This show tends to go the obvious route, but then adds another twist on it to make it work. Like, who didn't call Wes being the one that killed Sam from at least the second episode? But the twist was that Annalise knew all along. Pretty sure a lot of people guessed Wes shot Annalise too, but the twist was that it was planned (even if he went off script), etc.

For me, having him being connected to the governor, who we only just heard about a few episodes and who didn't show up until now would be way more anti climatic than him being connected to Bonnie. Who would Frank even be talking do? Who would he be here to hurt? Annalise? Why? Of all the dangers Annalise would face going against the governor, I would think her son would be the least of her worries.

A connection to Wes makes more sense, but the only "her" in Wes's life would be his mother, and I'd find it super contrived that Frank would think of Gabriel as "her kid" and not "his brother." I could see him calling a long lost Laurel brother "her kid", since her mother was an important character recently, but I hope we're done with her family. I could see him being connected to someone she was in prison with, perhaps. Who was that woman that died after Annalise got her out? I could see Frank knowing something about that and I could see Gabriel wanting to hurt Annalise because of that. No idea who Frank would be talking to in any of these scenarios (including if he's Bonnie's son) - I have a feeling that will be the main twist of this story.

The main reason I still think he's Bonnie's son is that I've yet to see an alternative theory that makes as much sense. Because there are definitely compelling reasons against him being her son, but nothing really about him being anyone else's, so I don't know. That, and I also find it hard to believe the show would have dedicated so much screentime to Bonnie's long lost son if he's not connected to the larger plot of the show - which I feel like has to mean he's either Gabriel or it's the reason for whatever went down at the wedding or, most likely, both. Because if it's just connected to what happened at the wedding, it would still feel very isolated from the rest of the characters to be the big midseason mystery. Whereas if Gabriel is involved, it will help to bring everyone into it because he's part of Annalise's need team and sadly, might be boning Laurel by then.

19 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

Liza Weil deserves an Emmy for her acting this season. She nailed that car scene & has done such a great job of portraying depression, betrayal & sadness without resorting to hysterics or overacting. On a whole other topic what is up with the ring in a box(shown in the previews for next week)? Why was it shown? It definitely has nothing to do with Coliver because it's not a ring for a man. What is the significance of that? I don't trust Bonnie's "boyfriend" his reaction to Bonnies past was off. He should have been absolutely gobsmacked by that information. It's almost like he knows. Also that scene with Bonnie giving Annalise her password still sticks in my head. This show doesn't do things like that only to have the be filler or mean nothing. That's gotta come back somehow.

Liza has always impressed me from season one of this show, but she's been given such great stuff to work with this season (as well as the first half of last season) and I've been loving it. I've always found her the second strongest after Viola, so it's nice to see them taking advantage of it.

I didn't think his reaction was off - I thought he looked appropriately upset, but was clearly trying to keep it together for her sake because him losing it would've overwhelmed her or given her the wrong idea. The only thing I felt was off was him saying he loved her already, that was super fast. 

But, I do think there has to be something coming with that; when has the show ever given any of these characters an outside love interest like this without a purpose? He's either dead, playing her or will turn on her after whatever happens at the wedding. I agree that the password thing is likely to come up again.

• Love 2
On 10/27/2018 at 4:34 PM, UNOSEZ said:

She knew frank was looking into him... Frank had said he looks into everyone but laurel didn't buy it... Plus Gabriel is new he's a year younger and the first 2L to get into Anna's special class.. Add that to all the questions he himself has been asking.. An the final piece is when she found out that he got his new apartment when some guy he hooped with told him about it... Now I dunno if its Wes' or Rebecca's but its connected to the K5... So Laurel knows something is up

It's Rebecca's. Asher is living in Wes's.

On 10/27/2018 at 6:24 PM, possibilities said:

I think if Bonnie's boyfriend was dead, she'd be way more broken up and less stoic afterwards. So he's probably not the victim. But at the same time, where is he? Wouldn't he be with her at the reception?

Connor and Oliver said they couldn't afford plus-ones, so he wouldn't be there with her.

• Love 1
On 10/27/2018 at 10:39 PM, Dancingjaneway said:

Liza Weil deserves an Emmy for her acting this season. She nailed that car scene & has done such a great job of portraying depression, betrayal & sadness without resorting to hysterics or overacting. On a whole other topic what is up with the ring in a box(shown in the previews for next week)? Why was it shown? It definitely has nothing to do with Coliver because it's not a ring for a man. What is the significance of that? I don't trust Bonnie's "boyfriend" his reaction to Bonnies past was off. He should have been absolutely gobsmacked by that information. It's almost like he knows. Also that scene with Bonnie giving Annalise her password still sticks in my head. This show doesn't do things like that only to have the be filler or mean nothing. That's gotta come back somehow. I will be VERY surprised if Gabriel & Laurel don't bone by the end of the season. Blech! Was not expecting the flashforward we got. It definitely threw me off. 

On 10/27/2018 at 10:55 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

22 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

Michaela doing finger-guns with sound effects was quite possibly the most un-Michaela-like thing I've ever seen her do.

I buy it only because she was with Asher.  One of the benefits of her relationship with Asher was her becoming less tightly wound and showing a goofy fun side. So considering the crowd I buy it. These are the few she feels relaxed enough to be silly with.

7 hours ago, starri said:

correction that should not read Tom Verica (Sam), that should read Pete Nowalk.

Anyway so I've rewatched the season so far today. It feels like they are clearly setting up the dead body to be Oliver or Nate.  Of the two, I'd rather it be Nate. In the premiere Frank tells AK someone is dead and she goes home and collapses on the floor of her new apartment. I don't think she'd be that upset if it was Oliver. I think she'd be concerned for Connor, but not that broken up herself.  I'd also accept a minor character death like Bonnie's sister or new DA guy (who I don't trust).

The other thing that sticks out is Who is Frank in cahoots with? Is it Laurel's mom? At first I thought Nate and Frank were working together, but when Nate found out about Bonnie's child, the way he handled it and the way Frank reacted doesn't feel like they are working together.  So who is Frank reporting/talking to?

Gabriel is also a big mystery. I wonder who the "her" is. It clearly feels like he came to Middleton with an agenda.

• Love 1

Maybe Laurel's mom is the corpse. She showed up, tried to take Christopher, Bonnie found her, killed her, and brought Christopher back inside. I keep wondering why Bonnie had Christopher out in the cold in the first place. And Laurel's mom is like Chekhov's gun this season. They mentioned her early on and have been acting like she's out of the picture, but no body/no proof. No idea why Bonnie has Nate's phone, though.

• Love 2
On 10/26/2018 at 3:14 AM, tennisgurl said:

I think the reason Annalise choose Connor was that she sees herself in her, and thats why they have a relationship that jumps from screaming and smoldering fury to almost maternal and hero worship. Connor can be a pain, but he does usually try to do the right thing in the end. I do hope we see him apologize for blowing up all over the place because of his massive insecurities. I do always like their scenes together though. 

In many ways Connor and Annalise are very much alike. Both are full of self loathing and doubt but compensate with bravado. Connor tends to break down more than AK, but I do think they see kindred spirits in each other. I am curious as to why AK chose him originally. Yes he was wealthy with good grades, but I think there's something more.

On 10/26/2018 at 2:44 PM, colorbars said:

The closest I can think of is when Bonnie was testifying against that pedophile judge she said her dad threatened to throw both of them in the furnace at city hall if she told.

I rewatched and I don't think it's Nate who is dead. He has files on ALL the K5, he only played his hand on Bonnie's file.  Unless we see someone else getting those files, Nate is safe.

• Love 2

Better episode than last week.

I knew Bonnie's past was dark but this episode really further shedded a light on how dark it actually was. Her parents truly were evil personified. 

I liked that Ronald was supportive of her here too. As much as I'd like him not to die (seems predictable), it's probably going to be him or Julie. I think Oliver will be somewhere else.

Asher copping off with Connor's mother in those flashforwards was sleazy as hell, even for him. Michaela had some good moments this episode.

At least the face case stuff with Nate's dad is resolved for now and Connor and Annalise patched things up as well.

The show will go there with Laurel and Gabriel, won't they? At least she confronted Frank on his interest in Gabriel, 7/10

• Love 1
2 hours ago, darkestboy said:

The show will go there with Laurel and Gabriel, won't they? At least she confronted Frank on his interest in Gabriel, 7/10

If he isn't somehow her brother than yeah... Of course I'm still going with the super out there theory that Gabriel is just Christopher from the future come back to save the world

• Love 1

I can’t see Laurel & Gabriel being siblings. Laurel took care of her mother for most of her childhood. If she had been pregnant Laurel would know. Gabriel is only 3-4 years younger at best. Also where would that fit in with the 2 brothers she actually has?