Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05 Trust Me

Trust Me (Season 3 | Episode 5)

8:30PM | ABC

When Taylor decides she wants to go to a Halloween party, Greg and Katie disagree on whether or not Taylor can be trusted. Oliver and Cooper anxiously try to prepare for playing a game of "seven minutes in heaven" with their dates at a separate Halloween event. A pregnant Viv follows Katie around trying to get help preparing for her baby's arrival.

Airdate: October 24, 2018

Yes, it always cracks me up how TV characters have Halloween costumes that look like they came straight out of a Hollywood costume department (because, of course, they did). Did you see the kid in the Pennywise costume? Perfect down to the tiniest detail.

I'm not real crazy about this story with Viv expecting Katie to raise her baby. There's nothing funny about a neglectful mother. She not even a character that's been on enough for me to remember much about her. I don't remember anything about what happened to her husband, for example.

I did crack up when Katie asked Taylor to recite the alphabet backwards and she started out "Um, R . . . "

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yes, it always cracks me up how TV characters have Halloween costumes that look like they came straight out of a Hollywood costume department (because, of course, they did). Did you see the kid in the Pennywise costume? Perfect down to the tiniest detail.

I'll allow on this show because they're all supposed to be filthy rich and spoiled. So expensive costumes make sense here. But I know what you mean!

• Love 9

I thought the Scooby costumes were clever, looked great, and actually seemed like something teenagers could put together as opposed to most other Halloween costumes you see on television that look like they could only be put together by a team of creative Hollywood costume designers.

I thought this episode was very funny, from the Taylor interrogation scene to the bra practice stuff, to Katie messing with Viv with the "not it" finger on the nose, to the Zombie Annie bit and Anna Kat's makeshift map costume.  And I love Viv almost as much as I love Cooper B, so I enjoyed most of that storyline too.  I was glad to see her again.  She makes me laugh and Viv is such an exaggerated sitcom character that I don't take her behavior too seriously. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, AnnaRose said:

I thought this episode was very funny, from the Taylor interrogation scene to the bra practice stuff, to Katie messing with Viv with the "not it" finger on the nose, to the Zombie Annie bit

"The brains will come out tomorrow..."

"I would've gone with 'It's a hard knock afterlife...'"

• Love 9

I thought the Scooby costumes were clever, looked great, and actually seemed like something teenagers could put together as opposed to most other Halloween costumes you see on television that look like they could only be put together by a team of creative Hollywood costume designers.

Except I'm not sure how popular Scooby-Doo is with teenagers today. Maybe someone out there with teenagers (or any teenagers here) can enlighten me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 17wheatthins said:

My son in 18 and he has seen all the  Scooby Doo cartoons from my childhood. And the two live action movies. I think teens still like Scooby Doo for some reason. 

I agree.  Plus it's a great costume idea for a group of four.

• Love 3
On 10/24/2018 at 8:04 PM, ams1001 said:

That was the cleanest newborn baby I've seen in a long time. The miracle of birth, indeed!

Funny. Most newborns on tv are at least 20 lbs. How realistic do you want it? I doubt even most stage-moms want their baby made up like a messy newborn.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:06 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

the perv kid that wanted to assist was hilarious and completely out of left field 

Well, at least he was a doctor after all.

Edited by Eataton
  • Love 3

Yeah that's the thing, having watched Call the Midwife, every other TV birth looks too clean, but this one was.....excessively clean. Like...completely cleaned up and dried off clean. I mean, I get why on a sitcom, especially with this tone, it probably just wasn't a remotely relevant detail, but I did find it distracting. They didn't even cut away or give the vague impression something might've happened in between to clean off the baby. I think I'd have preferred they just not let the baby be visible at all and be obscured by towel.

• Love 2

I have a 20 year old who LOVED Scooby Doo when she was little- she had a Scooby-themed birthday party when she turned 4. We had multiple Scooby Doo VHS animated movies that she watched over and over.

She and her friends went as the Scooby gang for their college Halloween party last year- she was Velma and her boyfriend was Shaggy. So, yes, the Gen Z'ers know all about Scooby Doo!!

• Love 5

I thought this one was pretty funny. Though I'm finding Katie's friends less entertaining and I used to love them. But Doris isn't fun anymore, just mean.

Katie's "She's dressed for good choices" to Greg was pretty hilarious, as was all the dads and mom fretting outside the party. 

I always love Greg.

The scenes with Oliver and Cooper were great. Color me surprised that Cooper wasn't some huge ladies man. I kind of liked how awkward and kind of sweet they were with the girls. The nursing bra, lol. 

Cooper as Shaggy was perfect. He's really become one of my favorite characters.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I thought this one was pretty funny. Though I'm finding Katie's friends less entertaining and I used to love them. But Doris isn't fun anymore, just mean.

Katie's "She's dressed for good choices" to Greg was pretty hilarious, as was all the dads and mom fretting outside the party. 

I always love Greg.

The scenes with Oliver and Cooper were great. Color me surprised that Cooper wasn't some huge ladies man. I kind of liked how awkward and kind of sweet they were with the girls. The nursing bra, lol. 

Cooper as Shaggy was perfect. He's really become one of my favorite characters.

I never liked Doris very much, but she really has become increasingly awful.

I always love Greg too... I wouldn't mind having a husband like him.  He's so sweet, easy-going and supportive, and such a good sport.  Katie is a lucky woman.

I loved that Cooper was awkward and sweet with the girls.  In some ways I guess it shouldn't surprise me considering how sweet and sincere he is with Katie.  He's been my favorite character for a while.  The actor does such a great job with the character.  And I agree, Cooper's Shaggy costume was perfect.

Also, thanks for mentioning Katie's line about how Taylor was dressed and the dads (and mom) outside of the party.  I thought that was hilarious too.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, AnnaRose said:

I never liked Doris very much, but she really has become increasingly awful.

I always love Greg too... I wouldn't mind having a husband like him.  He's so sweet, easy-going and supportive, and such a good sport.  Katie is a lucky woman.

I loved that Cooper was awkward and sweet with the girls.  In some ways I guess it shouldn't surprise me considering how sweet and sincere he is with Katie.  He's been my favorite character for a while.  The actor does such a great job with the character.  And I agree, Cooper's Shaggy costume was perfect.

Also, thanks for mentioning Katie's line about how Taylor was dressed and the dads (and mom) outside of the party.  I thought that was hilarious too.

I love Doris, but otherwise I absolutely agree.

• Love 3

Regarding Doris...IMO much of the humor on the show is about the moms complaining about their kids. But unlike Katie - who we also get to see doing hands-on parenting, being truly concerned about her kids, etc - Doris has virtually no "other side." She just comes off as MEAN. 

• Love 4

A couple questions for you all:

1)  Is anybody else enjoying Cooper B even more than the Otto kids?  When Greg asked them what was going on, and Oliver was stumbling around to make up a cover story, Cooper just grinned,  "We might get to touch boobs!"   And when he perfected the claps, but it was on a nursing bra!  

And nice touch by the writers that the boys had the bras delivered.  They would have been too embarrassed to go to the store to buy them.

2)  Was anybody else relieved that Oliver was interrupted before he could go into Seven Minutes in Heaven?  I want kids to stay kids as long as they can.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

A couple questions for you all:

1)  Is anybody else enjoying Cooper B even more than the Otto kids?  When Greg asked them what was going on, and Oliver was stumbling around to make up a cover story, Cooper just grinned,  "We might get to touch boobs!"   And when he perfected the claps, but it was on a nursing bra!  

And nice touch by the writers that the boys had the bras delivered.  They would have been too embarrassed to go to the store to buy them.

2)  Was anybody else relieved that Oliver was interrupted before he could go into Seven Minutes in Heaven?  I want kids to stay kids as long as they can.

Yes, definitely.  And it's not like I don't appreciate Oliver too and find him very funny... but Cooper B is just so awesome.  He steals every scene he is in.  In that way he kind of reminds me of the young actor Christopher Paul Richards who played Justin in Me, Myself and I and is currently in The Kids Are Alright (which I haven't seen.)  They both have such a delightful presence that comes across so genuine and endearing.   I guess I would have to include Trip here too, who is similarly sweet and genuine and makes a dumb character enjoyable rather than tedious and eye-roll inducing.

I'm with you wanting to keep the kids as innocent as possible for as long as possible.  I think that will make it easier for the writers to find the funny and will make the show more special and less cynical.

• Love 3

I hate the double standard that Dad sits down with young Oliver and has no problem with him planning to score some boob action, so long as the girls give their consent, when they are endlessly freaking about how Taylor (who is older) gives consent to other boys. I'm surprised Greg never thought of another man's daughter being in the closet with his son when he wishes him luck and asks him "how did it go." A 13 year old giving consent means nothing, IMO.

Only Vivian can have a ten minute birth and perfectly clean baby. It so suits the absurd and overblown image of people with money and privilege in this town. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

I hate the double standard that Dad sits down with young Oliver and has no problem with him planning to score some boob action, so long as the girls give their consent, when they are endlessly freaking about how Taylor (who is older) gives consent to other boys. I'm surprised Greg never thought of another man's daughter being in the closet with his son when he wishes him luck and asks him "how did it go." A 13 year old giving consent means nothing, IMO.

Only Vivian can have a ten minute birth and perfectly clean baby. It so suits the absurd and overblown image of people with money and privilege in this town. 

It's such a pain, even in regular society. I had a co-worker who had the same problem years ago. If she had a boyfriend, all hell would break through, but her younger brother was being high fived. Someone finally told him: "If he gets the girlfriend pregnant then will you still be patting him on the back." It was like reality all of a sudden hit him. TV Shows are so notorious for this and The Middle was a grand example with Mike trying to keep Sue out of trouble. It got old, especially when he was given Axl and Brick thumbs up, but then almost wanted to kill Axl when he married his dumber than mud girlfriend just piss off Frankie. 

• Love 1