Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

Absolutely, HeySandyStrange. Well said. I can only speak for myself of course but I have a lot of sympathy for her both on the mental health issues and the addiction.

It's the lying, blaming everyone else, and pretending like she's Supermom through it all that bothers me. It's bothering me even more now that she seems to be taking so much out on Ali.

• Love 7

I don't think anyone is denying that Leah has mental issues that might've caused her to turned to self-medicating; hell, there has even been mutated discussion around these parts about what might have happened in her past/childhood to make the mess we see Leah is today. But my sympathy starts to fail when someone seems to blame everyone and everything but themselves for there own problems. I full well know how insidious and out of control depression and anxiety can be, being a lifelong sufferer of both. But she whines about how stressful her life is and how unhelpful her past spouses were without owning up to how she helped create the situation she is in. Some honest self-reflection on her part would probably be a great start to actually managing her addiction/mental issues, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I agree and would just like to add, I'm sure there is a mental health issue, I tend to think it happens a lot with anxiety and depression, but Leah herself is the one who explicitly said its only anxiety/depression and absolutely not a drug issue. Many people have had sympathy that addiction is a really hard thing and would support her if she would take steps to remedy that, but Leah is the one who denies that so for me personally then she doesn't get sympathy from me. I know anxiety and depression are incredibly hard, I doubt there is one person here who hasn't dealt with it personally or with someone they love... And I'm sure she does deal with them, but it's clearly not the only thing she deals with which is fine, but stop blaming anything and everything else for your issues when you are the main cause of most of them.

I don't even believe she has to do anything publically, if she wanted to handle it privately fine, just handle it. But she can't let go of the spotlight long enough to take care of herself for the girlses sake. She was off the show, she made the break a couple seasons ago... Because she didn't want to look bad that she cheated on Jeremy, and came back when it was promised to not be brought up. Now she is obviously going through something VERY serious and breaking from the show is probably something that would benefit her and the girls, she could handle this all without so much scrutiny, and truly get better for the girls, but I doubt that has even crossed her mind.

• Love 4

"And addiction is a serious health issue, not a moral failing." YES THANK YOU. Being an addict doesn't make you 'bad,' it makes you an addict.

Could MTV even legally show drug abuse without calling the cops? Our drug laws are imo draconian...I don't know if they are under contract not to show the drug abuse, or is it just a network choice like they did with the controversial photo of Aubree......???

MTV did show Jenelle and Keiffer's drug use. We saw bottles of pills (and them fighting over them), a syringe and them nodded out on the couch together.  Remember Keiffer saying he was going to call the cops on Barb and Mike for breaking and entering and theft? Barb was worried about Jenelle and she went into the house and found syringes in the bathroom. She took them to the cops. Last season, MTV sneakily showed several bottle of pills on top of Leah's refrigerator when she was nodding out most every episode.

• Love 1

Absolutely, HeySandyStrange. Well said. I can only speak for myself of course but I have a lot of sympathy for her both on the mental health issues and the addiction.

It's the lying, blaming everyone else, and pretending like she's Supermom through it all that bothers me. It's bothering me even more now that she seems to be taking so much out on Ali.

I could muster up some sympathy and maybe even some respect for her if she would stop lying and throwing blame everywhere hoping it'll stick. Having mental health issues and being an addict aren't shameful and can be treated. Being a liar who refuses to accept responsibility for anything is something to be ashamed of.

In the last week, we've seen her call Ali a liar and make her cry because her mother is a disorganized mess. If this is how she behaves when the cameras are rolling, I shudder to think of how she treats her kids when they're not.

• Love 9

Florida clamped down on pill mills a couple of years ago, but it sounds like other states have picked up the slack.

I may need to see when the Steve Harvey show is on; since Sad Panda won't ask the tough questions, maybe he will.

I saw this link about Leah from the Steve Harvey show, despite the article title saying she came clean it sounds like more of the same based on the article... But I'm really skeptical of radar at this point because earlier today they posted an article about Jennifer Arnold (the little couple) being pregnant as click bait this morning.

http://radaronline.com/videos/leah-messer-drug-confession-rehab-steve-harvey-show/

I read an article about it on a different site. He asks her if she went to rehab for drugs and she's sticking with the anxiety and depression story. Hopefully, he'll try to dig deeper. But, Sad Panda is on the show, too, so he'll probably jump in and defend her and help her blame Corey and Germy for everything.

• Love 5

I read an article about it on a different site. He asks her if she went to rehab for drugs and she's sticking with the anxiety and depression story. Hopefully, he'll try to dig deeper. But, Sad Panda is on the show, too, so he'll probably jump in and defend her and help her blame Corey and Germy for everything.

That's what I was thinking. Otherwise, what is Dr Drew there for? To protect Leah when she yells Monkey?  

Here is some interesting things I found.  Be sure you check out the gif to see the orange thing we all noticed, too. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/teenmom/comments/4e99g7/what_was_in_leahs_hand/

http://teenmomtruths.tumblr.com/post/142638500499/thanks-to-teenmomfix-and-pukwudgie-for-this

http://imgur.com/9FGwYSs

The person who described the process for filling a narcotic was dead on for how we do it at my pharmacy.  If the script comes from the hospital they have to fill all, or none.  There is a small handful who will ask for only the pain killer.   I live in a small town.  We know our customers after a while and you know who is honest and who only randomly shows up to get their hard drugs.  But I still never looked at anyone like that were a drug addict.  You don't know someones pain.  The pharmacists checked the DEA website to see when and where the RX was last filled.  The RX's have to be on a certain type of prescription pad with a control number and we must have a hard copy every time.  It's sad it has to be that way now.  It makes it so hard for the people who really do need it. 

• Love 1

Shoot, just did a little Googling and it seems like Drew and Kail are on with her the whole time, at least from the pics I could find. I'll still record it but having my doubts it'll be anything interesting now.

Dr. Drew will also be there to do his usual slut shaming/privacy shaming nonsense. Can't stand the man. Manages to be both condescending and pandering. It's a feat.

I did feel badly for Leah when Miranda and Corey sat around after their meeting saying, "Why would someone need to go to therapy if they don't have a drug problem?" as if depression isn't a real thing. I know that they may have *just* felt that way about Leah and were justifiably sick of Leah's shit, but it sure seemed like they don't think mental health problems are even a real thing (like Jeremy didn't). I know that's partly due to a lack of education, but it was sad and upsetting.

I have no idea if Leah has a drug problem or is just really out of it and depressed. If she does, I would say she doesn't owe the audience anything, but she or someone who loves her should really get her away from the show and get her help. She needs privacy and treatment for whatever issues she has, not more TM money. Quit being greedy and get some peace.

• Love 1

I could be wrong and if I am, please correct me. My understanding is, Leah at that stage of the game was "stressed and overwhelmed." She denied any drug issues. I don't think she used the word "depressed". Or did she? If so, my mistake. I thought she was claiming she needed time away for "therapeutic treatment" but not for depression and not for drug abuse. What then does she need therapy for if not for those two mental diseases?

• Love 4

I did feel badly for Leah when Miranda and Corey sat around after their meeting saying, "Why would someone need to go to therapy if they don't have a drug problem?" as if depression isn't a real thing. I know that they may have *just* felt that way about Leah and were justifiably sick of Leah's shit, but it sure seemed like they don't think mental health problems are even a real thing (like Jeremy didn't). I know that's partly due to a lack of education, but it was sad and upsetting.

Corey kept his mouth shut for a long time and finally gave a short statement to the media after Leah and her family were slamming him in the media for months. He said some of Leah's family members and close friends had reached out to both Corey and Jeremy about Leah having a problem with prescription drugs and shared how worried they were about the safety of the kids and Leah. When Corey and Miranda met with Leah before she went to not rehab, she didn't say she was depressed or that she had uncontrollable anxiety. She said she was stressed and was going to get 'therapeutic treatment and figure stuff out'.

• Love 6

Corey had been told from people including her family that she had a drug problem. She basically said she was going to a rehab place without saying rehab, and that's what they seemed to be discussing, to me. EDIT It looks like others said this better while I was typing. FWIW, I think Leah probably suffers from anxiety and depression along with her drug abuse. 

Regarding rx abuse, in my area it seems to have been pills, meth, bath salts, back to pills and skipped heroin. People on bath salts and Flakka/Gravel are scary as hell, though. But the reason there are so many rx for pills in WV and KY include the disabled coal miners. It's always mentioned on lists as having such a high number of rx per person compared to other states, but other factors aren't taken into context. I think Detroit was really high because of retired industrial workers, too. 

Edited by Christina

I think Leah is depressed, and maybe has been as far back as her 16 and Pregnant episode. Before she self medicated with pills, she self medicated with attention from boys. She has zero coping skills.

She's also an extremely selfish, lazy, and irresponsible person, and has been since her early filming days. I think she's both kind of shitty person AND depressed- I don't think her depression is making her a shitty person.

And yes, I'd venture Corey, Jeremy, and others in her life think depression is something that one suffering from needs to "snap out of" and "cheer up". It's an illness that a lot of people don't really understand.

• Love 6

That's what I was thinking. Otherwise, what is Dr Drew there for? To protect Leah when she yells Monkey?

Here is some interesting things I found. Be sure you check out the gif to see the orange thing we all noticed, too.

http://teenmomtruths.tumblr.com/post/142638500499/thanks-to-teenmomfix-and-pukwudgie-for-this

The person who described the process for filling a narcotic was dead on for how we do it at my pharmacy. If the script comes from the hospital they have to fill all, or none. There is a small handful who will ask for only the pain killer. I live in a small town. We know our customers after a while and you know who is honest and who only randomly shows up to get their hard drugs. But I still never looked at anyone like that were a drug addict. You don't know someones pain. The pharmacists checked the DEA website to see when and where the RX was last filled. The RX's have to be on a certain type of prescription pad with a control number and we must have a hard copy every time. It's sad it has to be that way now. It makes it so hard for the people who really do need it.

Thanks for clarification on that orange thing! Woah. I wonder what type of pills you grind up and snort with that thing? Stimulants like Ritalin?

Thanks for clarification on that orange thing! Woah. I wonder what type of pills you grind up and snort with that thing? Stimulants like Ritalin?

I imagine most any of them could be. That was one big issue with Oxycontin. Taken as a pill, as directed, it was time release. Crushed and snorted, it wasn't so you got the full hit at once. I think they've since made changes to fix that, but I'm not really sure.

Someone had asked earlier about the blue cat - finally found a pic and no, not the same cat. Here's the blue one:

33650f7ee97c8088b45040214ccb5ea2-bpfull.

The one from this last episode was more of a calico.

• Love 4

Anything. I worked with a girl for a while that chose snorting as her oxycodone delivery system. She got caught snorting at work and got canned.

• Love 1

I'm so boring! I didn't you know could snort all those drugs. But Leah sure did!! Even got herself a snorter because it's a lot of work to bend over a mirror and snort through a straw/rolled up dollar.

The truth is revealed in episode 4!

• Love 7

lol I hadn't thought about it quite this way before, but you are absolutely right. Somehow I doubt it's what Leah meant, but that was a whole lotta truth revealed.

In boring too, I took 1 hydrocodone last night and was sick all day

Aw man hope you feel better soon leighroda.  (maybe you should've snorted it?  <completely kidding!!!>)

• Love 1

For those interested - one of the cat/kitten stories I found: http://www.wetpaint.com/leah-messer-family-mourns-loss-kitten-dies-834187/.

It doesn't mention the blue-faced kitten but it does talk about a few others. And OMG I couldn't believe that Leah's explanation for one batch of kittens dying was "they were born early" and that's the exact wording she used when telling the girlses about Corey and Miranda's baby!  That had to freak the kids out, if they remembered what happened to the kittens. Poor girls. (ETA: and poor cats!)

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 3

lol I hadn't thought about it quite this way before, but you are absolutely right. Somehow I doubt it's what Leah meant, but that was a whole lotta truth revealed.

Aw man hope you feel better soon leighroda. (maybe you should've snorted it? <completely kidding!!!>)

Rookie mistake... I should have snorted lol. I'm fine I just had my wisdom teeth out, but the hydrocodone really messed me up I still feel really nausea and it's been 2 days.

• Love 1

Rookie mistake... I should have snorted lol. I'm fine I just had my wisdom teeth out, but the hydrocodone really messed me up I still feel really nausea and it's been 2 days.

Or, you needed one of the seasick bracelets Leah was wearing. I'm sorry the meds made you sick. That's a pretty common side effect and if your oral surgeon wasn't a sadist, they would have prescribed some hydroxyzine (vistaril) to take with it.

• Love 2

Lol yeah I knew it was a side effect... And I also knew it *should* be taken with food... And stupidly thought 2 hours after I ate half a bowl of mashed potatoes counted as "with food" and from then on out I was super nauseous, clearly I wronged my oral surgeon in a past life. I actually took zofran and immediately threw it up.

Anything. I worked with a girl for a while that chose snorting as her oxycodone delivery system. She got caught snorting at work and got canned.

I didn't know nasal things like that existed. Did you notice when she pulled it out and then remembered the camera her mouth started to utter a word starting with F. Like "oh fudge (Ha!) camera!" Then she pretended she wasn't doing anything.

• Love 4

Here is some interesting things I found.  Be sure you check out the gif to see the orange thing we all noticed, too. 

The person who described the process for filling a narcotic was dead on for how we do it at my pharmacy.  If the script comes from the hospital they have to fill all, or none.  There is a small handful who will ask for only the pain killer.   I live in a small town.  We know our customers after a while and you know who is honest and who only randomly shows up to get their hard drugs.  But I still never looked at anyone like that were a drug addict.  You don't know someones pain.  The pharmacists checked the DEA website to see when and where the RX was last filled.  The RX's have to be on a certain type of prescription pad with a control number and we must have a hard copy every time.  It's sad it has to be that way now.  It makes it so hard for the people who really do need it. 

NY now is the total opposite. Because of our opiate/heroin problems, not ALL prescriptions, not just controlled substances (including antibiotics) must be filled via electronic prescriptions.We already had the registry for controlled substances. Costly for many doctors to update their systems. It takes the doctors awhile to input the script, too (it's a more involved form than a prescription pad). My doctor was so backlogged on prescriptions when I went last month. Hopefully it'll get better.

I didn't know nasal things like that existed. Did you notice when she pulled it out and then remembered the camera her mouth started to utter a word starting with F. Like "oh fudge (Ha!) camera!" Then she pretended she wasn't doing anything.

That was hilarious and also what made me think it had to be more than a cigarette lighter. I'm sure they've filmed her smoking dozens of times even though they rarely show it. With that thing she really, really didn't seem to want it on camera (once she remembered they were there).

• Love 1

Sadly I don't think the majority make it be old enough for that to be an issue... It's disgusting.

I can think of at least two litters of kittens though. One was in an older episode where at least one of them died. Another apparently all of them died ("born too early") because she was on Twitter begging for a lookalike of one of them. Though sadly I agree most probably don't make it long enough to reproduc, and yes, disgusting.

Sadly I don't think the majority make it be old enough for that to be an issue... It's disgusting.

I volunteer every week at a low cost spay/neuter clinic for cats. Kittens only have to weigh 2 pounds to have their surgeries :) But, that would mean Leah would have to get off her ass and make an appt, get the cat there and remember to pick it up. Clearly, far too much for her to pull off.  I found low cost spay/neuter services for my cousin in WV not far from Charleston, where Leah lives. Maybe Gracie could arrange to get her kitten there? Girl gets things done!

• Love 5

I can think of at least two litters of kittens though. One was in an older episode where at least one of them died. Another apparently all of them died ("born too early") because she was on Twitter begging for a lookalike of one of them. Though sadly I agree most probably don't make it long enough to reproduc, and yes, disgusting.

My first though on the "born too early" claim was flea anemia. That's the most common cause of entire litters of kittens dying shortly after birth. Fleas literally suck the life right out of them :( Somehow, I just can't see Leah keeping up on topical flea treatment for her cats and doing all the vacuuming and washing of bedding it takes to get rid of fleas. I can totally see her thinking that cats are just supposed to have fleas and it's no big deal. 

• Love 5

I volunteer every week at a low cost spay/neuter clinic for cats. Kittens only have to weigh 2 pounds to have their surgeries :) But, that would mean Leah would have to get off her ass and make an appt, get the cat there and remember to pick it up. Clearly, far too much for her to pull off. I found low cost spay/neuter services for my cousin in WV not far from Charleston, where Leah lives. Maybe Gracie could arrange to get her kitten there? Girl gets things done!

Yeah I don't see Leah doing any of that, ever. It probably irritates the hell out of her that the girlses have an "appointment" almost EVERY day at school, even though she's only in charge of getting them to one of those appointments.

Good point on Gracie. Maybe she can step in. Funny it used to be that I really disliked that kid but now I admire her.

• Love 7

My first though on the "born too early" claim was flea anemia. That's the most common cause of entire litters of kittens dying shortly after birth. Fleas literally suck the life right out of them :(

That's so sad! Poor babies, both the 4 legged and 2 legged ones in that house.

Oh hell. I watched a clip of Leah on the Steve Harvey show. She tells him that she did this show to help people, that's all. She then goes on to say that 'I don't got nothin to gain from doing this'. Guess she forgot about the big, fat check MTV gives her every year. 

• Love 7

Either way she isn't helping, she's a teen mom who hit the jackpot financially and as far as fathers go... It's not a realistic story. Yes her child has disabilities, and I feel for that... but she seems to have way more resources than the average teen mom. Even aspects she could help, like the addiction issue she denies so that's not helpful I fact it's hurtful because that is a real issue people deal with and she acts like its so beneath her... Idk it bothers me.

• Love 7

I'm so boring! I didn't you know could snort all those drugs. But Leah sure did!! Even got herself a snorter because it's a lot of work to bend over a mirror and snort through a straw/rolled up dollar.

It probably makes it much easier for her to multi-task. You know.... drive, text, snort, turn around to yell, etc.

• Love 1

There's any number of "Intervention" episodes showing drug use; I wonder how the law reads on this?

It has to be proven that the drugs are actual, illegal drugs. Like making moonshine on tv. It can't be proven because the drugs are gone by the time the show airs, just as it can't be proven actual shine is being distilled and not just water.

I remember way back when to the Real World Hawaii, when that Ruthie chick drove home drunk and the producers opted to just keep filming.

Ruthie only tried to drive home. Production stopped her and would not allow it. I'm pretty sure that was the first night she ended up in an ambulance to the hospital for alcohol poisoning.
  • Love 1

Ruthie only tried to drive home. Production stopped her and would not allow it. I'm pretty sure that was the first night she ended up in an ambulance to the hospital for alcohol poisoning.

No, those were two different instances. Ruthie ended up in the hospital on either the first or second night. The whole cast went out clubbing, she got wasted (they were all commenting on how drunk she was), she and two of her castmates went home in a cab. Ruthie got progressively worse after they got home so they called an ambulance and she was taken to the hospital. Some time later, she actually DID drive drunk; production kind of half-assedly tried to stop her, saying something like "Are you sure you want to do this?" but she did drive. And they showed the production van filming Ruthie as she was driving - that was the first time they broke the fourth wall. The day after, they told her on camera that she had to go to rehab or leave the show. 

I think the policy is not to get involved; I can think of a few True Life episodes that were specifically about drug use and "party culture," like raves, and they filmed the participants doing drugs. However, I do remember an episode of Intervention where the producer called 911 when an alcoholic took a bunch of pills when she was already drunk. The producer was like "Wait, what did you take?!" and called 911, and the subject ended up in the hospital (she lived). I'm sure the production companies are covered legally if something happens (I saw a copy of the contracts that the people who go on The Real World sign and they basically have no legal recourse, ever).

• Love 3

Ugh, why isn't Leah getting her cats spayed? That's so irresponsible.

That would require her to get out of her house on time and just out of her house and off the sofa and do something besides pills and cigs. That's just too stressful.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 3

That would require her to get out of her house on time and just out of her house and off the sofa and do something besides pills and cigs. That's just too stressful.

Anyway, it's Corey & Miranda's fault...

Edited by Katt
  • Love 5

Dr. Drew will also be there to do his usual slut shaming/privacy shaming nonsense. Can't stand the man. Manages to be both condescending and pandering. It's a feat.

I have no idea if Leah has a drug problem or is just really out of it and depressed. If she does, I would say she doesn't owe the audience anything, but she or someone who loves her should really get her away from the show and get her help. She needs privacy and treatment for whatever issues she has, not more TM money. Quit being greedy and get some peace.

Well she admitted to her mom before she went off to rehab that she had been prescribed Percocet and Vicodin after her pregnancy (which I find highly unlikely). And she always complains about being "overprescribed" her anxiety meds, which probably means she's abusing them, since if she felt she was "overprescribed" she could just lower her dosage herself because it's not like there's a doctor with a gun to her head slamming pills down her throat. 

• Love 6

Well she admitted to her mom before she went off to rehab that she had been prescribed Percocet and Vicodin after her pregnancy (which I find highly unlikely). And she always complains about being "overprescribed" her anxiety meds, which probably means she's abusing them, since if she felt she was "overprescribed" she could just lower her dosage herself because it's not like there's a doctor with a gun to her head slamming pills down her throat. 

It's Corey and Miranda's fault. They're calling Leah's doctor and telling him to give her more pillses than she needs and tell her she has to take all of them!

• Love 3