Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

If I am remembering correctly, Dr. Tsao said to Leah the hospital could have made arrangements to ensure Ali was given a temporary wheelchair while her own chair was being fixed. Doctors know those things can happen and usually children hospitals are in contact with agencies that can temporarily supply a family with a much-needed item such as a wheelchair. Children's Hospital of Los Angeles has this in place this for children who come from families whose parents are cash-strapped or are given a temporary chair until the insurance approves one. 

Even if that wasn't the case, Leah and Cory have the means to have rented a chair while Ali's chair was being fixed. Another thing, they could demand their other kids stay off the fucking chair and not break it because it is not a fucking toy. 

Unless Dr. Tsao prescribed t-ball, sugar packets, Cheetos and prayer as remedies I don't think what he says is ever going to matter. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Unless Dr. Tsao prescribed t-ball, sugar packets, Cheetos and prayer as remedies I don't think what he says is ever going to matter. 

I agree. But my response was in regards to you mentioning the insurance and the hurdles Leah and Cory possibly had to go through in order to get that wheelchair fixed. That wasn't the reason given to Dr. Tsao when they were asked why Ali hadn't been using her chair. All he was told was it was broken. He mentioned having to get that chair fixed ASAP and mentioned her using a temporary one until hers was repaired. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

I agree. But my response was in regards to you mentioning the insurance and the hurdles Leah and Cory possibly had to go through in order to get that wheelchair fixed. That wasn't the reason given to Dr. Tsao when they were asked why Ali hadn't been using her chair. All he was told was it was broken. He mentioned having to get that chair fixed ASAP and mentioned her using a temporary one until hers was repaired. 

I know. I was just making a joke. Anything to bring up the sugar packets again. LOL

• Love 10
On 9/24/2017 at 1:07 PM, galaxychaser said:

I wish I had money to hire a maid.  I hate Cleaning with passion. 

I keep telling myself that when i'm able to get a larger house my house won't look so messy and cluttered... but i'm probably just delusional ;) 

• Love 7
Just now, JuliesMommy said:

Don't forget the icing out of the can using your fingers, and the can of soup that was poured in a bowl and NOT warmed up!! Lol 

This is how I would have fed myself as a five-year-old (and mayyybe occasionally as a college undergrad ;)), and I tried...but I got in trouble. Shoulda been born in the holler.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

If I am remembering correctly, Dr. Tsao said to Leah the hospital could have made arrangements to ensure Ali was given a temporary wheelchair while her own chair was being fixed. Doctors know those things can happen and usually children hospitals are in contact with agencies that can temporarily supply a family with a much-needed item such as a wheelchair. Children's Hospital of Los Angeles has this in place this for children who come from families whose parents are cash-strapped or are given a temporary chair until the insurance approves one. 

Even if that wasn't the case, Leah and Cory have the means to have rented a chair while Ali's chair was being fixed. Another thing, they could demand their other kids stay off the fucking chair and not break it because it is not a fucking toy. 

They did get a temporary chair (a white one) until someone could fix the pink chair. If I remember right the closest tech was from Corpus Christi, Tx. (It made me look up and pay attn bc I lived there two yrs and loved it.  I also thought wow? All the way from CC!) So they did get the chair fixed.  It was on an episode, I'm just being too lazy at the moment to look it up. 

• Love 5

Does anyone remember the season where Leah was all on Corey's ass to talk to the IN-su-rinse people (Leah put a super emphasis on the first syllable instead of the second, like most people do) to get Ali her chair? I think this was before Gracie broke the wheelchair, so at this point, Ali did not even have a power wheelchair. What changed with Leah?

• Love 13

Yep, she was all over Corey's ass to badger the IN-surance company to get the willchair as soon as possible. At first it was a novelty, something all the girlies treated like a jungle gym. When the hard cold truth of the logistics involved in transporting and maintenance, she gave up. Way too hard. So now she wants to use it enough to prove to the world she's a caring Mom, but not so much that it becomes a big burden.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Does anyone remember the season where Leah was all on Corey's ass to talk to the IN-su-rinse people (Leah put a super emphasis on the first syllable instead of the second, like most people do) to get Ali her chair? I think this was before Gracie broke the wheelchair, so at this point, Ali did not even have a power wheelchair. What changed with Leah?

I remember. He told her what the insurance company told him, and Leah then turned around to call the insurance company herself, thinking she would get better results. No such luck. She was all over Cory's ass like it was his fault when it was just the insurance company going through the process and motions of paperwork and approvals. 

I actually think that was just Leah being Leah. This was during that time where she always had to have something to bitch at him about. She found it with the insurance issue. It was her way to paint Cory as a bad father because she was still wanting him and his camo shorts. 

39 minutes ago, Mkay said:

They did get a temporary chair (a white one) until someone could fix the pink chair. If I remember right the closest tech was from Corpus Christi, Tx. (It made me look up and pay attn bc I lived there two yrs and loved it.  I also thought wow? All the way from CC!) So they did get the chair fixed.  It was on an episode, I'm just being too lazy at the moment to look it up. 

No, you are right. It did happen on an episode. I was just reiterating the fact that during it didn't dawn on Leah to at least inquire with Dr. Tsao sooner about the situation with the broken chair. She waited until Ali had her visit with him to inform him about the broken chair. 

OMG that reminds me of my youngest when he accidently threw away his retainer. Rather than tell me immediately about it, he waited until I took him to the orthodontist to mention he no longer had his retainer. *banging my head against a wall* 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I remember. He told her what the insurance company told him, and Leah then turned around to call the insurance company herself, thinking she would get better results. No such luck. She was all over Cory's ass like it was his fault when it was just the insurance company going through the process and motions of paperwork and approvals. 

I actually think that was just Leah being Leah. This was during that time where she always had to have something to bitch at him about. She found it with the insurance issue. It was her way to paint Cory as a bad father because she was still wanting him and his camo shorts. 

No, you are right. It did happen on an episode. I was just reiterating the fact that during it didn't dawn on Leah to at least inquire with Dr. Tsao sooner about the situation with the broken chair. She waited until Ali had her visit with him to inform him about the broken chair. 

OMG that reminds me of my youngest when he accidently threw away his retainer. Rather than tell me immediately about it, he waited until I took him to the orthodontist to mention he no longer had his retainer. *banging my head against a wall* 

Mine did it with orthotics, his podiatrist laughed and said it is quite common for the parents to be the last to know.

Yeah Leah wanted Ali to have the best wheelchair which held up the insurance as they wanted a lot more paperwork to justify the cost as Ali was still pretty mobile. Of course it was Coreys fault though, he was such a terrible father by her standards.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Oh dang!  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Exactly. I didn't think she was being all gung-ho about the wheelchair because of Ali. She was just trying to find some reason to call up Cory and tell him what to do. Was he with Miranda at this point? 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Exactly. I didn't think she was being all gung-ho about the wheelchair because of Ali. She was just trying to find some reason to call up Cory and tell him what to do. Was he with Miranda at this point? 

I can't remember...but I do think it was pre- Addie.

What was hard was, Corey was working something like 6-6, and the insurance hours were like, 9 to 5 Monday through Friday. Leah wanted regular updates, and Corey couldn't give them to her because he literally did not have a minute to call them and find out (yeah, he may have been allowed a lunch break, but calling insurance companies takes quite a bit of time and who knows what kind of cell reception he even got). So, Leah, who had basically nothing but time on her hands, tried to get involved, but she was neither the insured party nor married to him, so they wouldn't tell her anything.

• Love 15

I remember that the insurance company told him they had thirty days to make a decision and Leah was demanding that he call daily. Corey told them that he had followed up and they told him they had two more weeks and Leah acted like if she called they would make a decision. What happens is the claims come in and get filed in order, and there wasn't anything Corey could do to make them consider it before the other claims that came in first. She just wanted to make him look like a bad parent.

I'm fairly sure Miranda was involved with Corey at that time.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm pretty sure that all happened in Season 5, so yes, he and Miranda were married. IIRC that was also around the time the custody stuff was getting started, and Leah and her clan were bashing Corey for all kinds of stuff on the show, on social media and in the magazines. 

Edited by Evie
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Mkay said:

Oh dang!  

lol  Yep. He wore Invisalign. He wore them on the upper and lower teeth. He had accidentally thrown away the upper one. He only wore them at night so, it wasn't as if I would have noticed. 

I have to correct my earlier post. I thought Leah received a loaner chair due to the broken wheelchair. She actually received the loaner while waiting approval from the insurance company to pay for the motorized wheelchair. The company needed visual proof from the doctor that she knew how to maneuver the chair on her own. Ali was four years old at the time: http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/08/14/leah-messer-daughter-ali-wheelchair-muscular-dystrophy/

The wheelchair had been broken for three months. https://www.highlightzz.com/leah-messer-corey-simms-daughter-falls-5-times-day-ali-simms-health-getting-worse/

“We wanted to see Ali today and talk to you about everything. You mentioned that she will fall and hit her knee, right? She is not using her power wheelchair for the last three months, right?”

“Her strength is still quite decent. But once she’s getting to age 7, then gradually, the maturity affects her. Then she may very slowly get weaker.”

Due to her failing health, the doctor tells Leah Messer and Corey Simms that Ali may have to use a wheelchair on a full-time basis. He strongly recommends the “Teen Mom 2” couple work on fixing it as soon as possible. He also tells the couple to consider applying to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

I am going to throw shade at Leah about her caring about her daughter's needs. That whole insurance/motorized wheelchair issue happened during the middle of Leah's addiction. That was during the same time Germy was on Leah's ass about all their money woes, credit cards being maxed out, back taxes not being paid, Mary Kay, and the infamous space shuttle washer and dryer matter. Oh, and she had that hideous hairstyle going on. lol http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/08/13/nathan-released-jail-jenelle-boyfriend-surprise-teen-mom-2-episode-recap/

At that time, they still lived in that one house. I think Leah thought the sooner Ali gets that chair, the sooner Leah can show Germy they needed a bigger, sprawling ranch home with horses that she was nagging Germy about for a while.  Of course, the horses were for Ali's needs. ::sarcasm:: 

http://www.wetpaint.com/leah-messer-buys-daughters-horse-834739/

After Leah and Jeremy had their big blowout on the previous episode, she managed to finally sell some of the makeup she spent their money on.  Hopefully they will stop fighting about their finances.

In other news, Leah is still having trouble getting Ali her wheelchair. The insurance has everything they need, but now they are saying that she isn’t old enough to have a motorized chair. Because of this, Ali has to be recorded using the wheelchair at the doctor office so that the insurance company can see that she knows how to use it and that it’s not a problem for her to drive it.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

So all this talk of motivational speaking (lol) reminded me of when I first started my current job 8 years ago. I'm a technical trainer by trade and so I do public speaking a lot as a part of my job both for people who work at our company and for people who are our clients. When someone new joins the group we have a 90-day evaluation process where fellow trainers will grade and rate you based on body language, tone of voice, the amount of fillers you use (like uhms, etc.) and your overall ability to convey knowledge about the topic you're covering on the system we train. You have to do several of these practice sessions. My first direct manager was tough as nails (she'd been with the company forever and had the nickname "Bonecrusher"). She was no nonsense and, in your 90 days, she would be really tough on you. It was borderline almost unfair. I'm a pretty evenkeeled, laid back person and she got to me pretty bad early on. I've seen her run people out of the department as well. The reason behind all this behavior? She felt like if she asked you the most outlandish, detailed, unfair, crazy questions internally within the relatively safe confines of our practice sessions you would be absolutely prepared to confront anything anyone (internal or external) would throw at you. She was absolutely willing to help you and give you constructive criticism as well, but you knew that when the practice session came up, everything was fair game. 

So now we come to Leah and her motivational speaking. I would pay big money to see my old boss critique her and give her analysis on her performance. Leah would not last a day. 

• Love 13
51 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

So all this talk of motivational speaking (lol) reminded me of when I first started my current job 8 years ago. I'm a technical trainer by trade and so I do public speaking a lot as a part of my job both for people who work at our company and for people who are our clients. When someone new joins the group we have a 90-day evaluation process where fellow trainers will grade and rate you based on body language, tone of voice, the amount of fillers you use (like uhms, etc.) and your overall ability to convey knowledge about the topic you're covering on the system we train. You have to do several of these practice sessions. My first direct manager was tough as nails (she'd been with the company forever and had the nickname "Bonecrusher"). She was no nonsense and, in your 90 days, she would be really tough on you. It was borderline almost unfair. I'm a pretty evenkeeled, laid back person and she got to me pretty bad early on. I've seen her run people out of the department as well. The reason behind all this behavior? She felt like if she asked you the most outlandish, detailed, unfair, crazy questions internally within the relatively safe confines of our practice sessions you would be absolutely prepared to confront anything anyone (internal or external) would throw at you. She was absolutely willing to help you and give you constructive criticism as well, but you knew that when the practice session came up, everything was fair game. 

So now we come to Leah and her motivational speaking. I would pay big money to see my old boss critique her and give her analysis on her performance. Leah would not last a day. 

I need that woman to host the TM reunion shows. :-)  

• Love 14
51 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I need that woman to host the TM reunion shows. :-)  

Pretty sure everyone would be Farrah ugly crying 10 minutes in. She was really good with the probing questions and also the "But wait a second, a few minutes ago you said..." total recall. I'd love to see her being Leah's speaking coach. 

• Love 11

The wheelchair debacle was all Leah and to some extent Corey's doing. I live down the street from the place that makes the wheelchair that she uses. That is also the place where repairs are made. I have toured the facility and have seen the chairs in production, the chairs in for repair and the loaner chairs. While insurance may have given some push back, Leah had more then enough money from MTV to go ahead and pay for the repair and then fight with the insurance to get reimbursed. The would have overnighted her a loaner chair. Corey just didn't think she needed it and Leah was more worried about money for pillses.

• Love 6
On 9/28/2017 at 5:49 PM, Mkay said:

You mean we are still supposed to take selfies when we do house work? #ijustpickedupmykid #messyponytail #cookingsupper #sweaty #imnottakingselfies

IMG_2651.PNG

Ok but...she has her kids part time and doesn’t work. Seems like there would be plenty of time to relax and sleep.

• Love 8
On 9/28/2017 at 5:49 PM, Mkay said:

You mean we are still supposed to take selfies when we do house work? #ijustpickedupmykid #messyponytail #cookingsupper #sweaty #imnottakingselfies

IMG_2651.PNG

I'm in my bathrobe eating coffee cake over the counter after breastfeeding all night. You are all welcome for not having to see my current selfie. 

The overlay is just strange. If you want to take sexy photos, just take the damn photos! Don't overlay them with stuff about your kids and cleaning! It's so transparent and weird. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I'm in my bathrobe eating coffee cake over the counter after breastfeeding all night. You are all welcome for not having to see my current selfie. 

The overlay is just strange. If you want to take sexy photos, just take the damn photos! Don't overlay them with stuff about your kids and cleaning! It's so transparent and weird. 

what part of the house is that? It looks like an exhibit of some sort.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I'm wondering what "#meetings in need of..." means.

It was confusing, but they're two different lists. "One of those weeks" refers to housework, school events and meetings. "In need of" refers to relaxation, sleep, wine, maid, cook, friends, and all of the above.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MissMel said:

I'm wondering what "#meetings in need of..." means.

THAT part!!! Fuckin comical!! This bitch cant even speak properly in a basement to bored housewives about lipstick...im sure the "business meetings" are rolling in...lol ???

Edited by JuliesMommy
Misspelled lol
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I have not watched this latest episode, but A. I'm going to call unreliable narrator when Leah said she "delivered" very well, and B. Perhaps for 115 minutes Leah rocked the house and production chose to scrap that footage (although I don't know why they would, from what I've seen production is not averse to showing these girls performing well, rare as the case may be), but clearly, for 5 min she did suck it up pretty well. So, there's no tricky editing going on here Leah.

ETA: Youtube has a clip available, so I saw her 30 second opening. Yeah, she's awful. No organization, she clearly doesn't know what she's going to say ahead of time, she shakes her head and points with her pencil in a way that was very distracting, she says "like" and "you know" about twenty times in 30 seconds- I would give her credit for trying again after bombing so spectacularly the last time but clearly she didn't make any adjustments or learn from her last shit show.

Also, Kari Connelly, please be my best friend.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Damn. Girl can't even write. 

Leah: "clearly you saw 5 minutes over an event that was two hours or longer" 

We didn't "see" we watched.  It should be of an event not "over an event". 

She hasn't overcomed her lack of English skills yet. Remember, the schools aren't well there.

• Love 21

Jesus God, Leah, if you want to make a difference, what about making a difference with Ali? She doesn't need t-ball and affirmations. 

I've been to many-many self-help, mindfulness training, awareness-raising kind of things in my time. I get what she was trying to do. With the fire and the flames. But (as far as we saw), the audience members didn't have any buy-in with her. She told them a tad about herself. She put her kids on display. She had the participants write a fear and burn it... but it was all play, not coming from somewhere deep, and therefore not creating deep change. She's so out of her league. Maybe if you're generally new to this sort of thing it could've felt powerful (if the remaining 115 minutes were astounding)? I'm not buying it.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, monicageller said:

She hasn't overcomed her lack of English skills yet. Remember, the schools aren't well there.

Yes! Now, if she could dramastically overcomed that, I'd go see 2 hours over that event. 

• Love 10

I delivered very well... clearly you saw 5 minutes over an event that was 2 hours or longer...

Actually, re-reading this, it appears that she did not actually talk for 2 hours. No one talks for 2 hours straight. After she fumbled her way through her opening speech, I am guessing her pushy blond friend got up and started talking, and perhaps with another people leading, Leah was able to participate and came across a little better. I am still betting she peppered her speeches with various "likes", "you knows", and other Leah-isms. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Grandma Saracen said:

Jesus God, Leah, if you want to make a difference, what about making a difference with Ali? She doesn't need t-ball and affirmations. 

I've been to many-many self-help, mindfulness training, awareness-raising kind of things in my time. I get what she was trying to do. With the fire and the flames. But (as far as we saw), the audience members didn't have any buy-in with her. She told them a tad about herself. She put her kids on display. She had the participants write a fear and burn it... but it was all play, not coming from somewhere deep, and therefore not creating deep change. She's so out of her league. Maybe if you're generally new to this sort of thing it could've felt powerful (if the remaining 115 minutes were astounding)? I'm not buying it.

She has no charisma, presence, whatever you want to call it. In addition to not having a compelling story to share. The audience isn't going to connect with her.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Yes! Now, if she could dramastically overcomed that, I'd go see 2 hours over that event. 

Nope. No. Still wont go see that shit show. Not unless she wants to give me tips on avoiding deercams and how to trick my husband into thinking my lovers shorts are really his.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

She has no charisma, presence, whatever you want to call it. In addition to not having a compelling story to share. The audience isn't going to connect with her.

Aside from Ali's MD, yeah, what exactly is so compelling about her story? I can't imagine teen motherhood and early marriage is foreign to the population of an impoverished state like West Virginia. Leah had two hard-working husbands who provided quite well, and she blew it with both of them. She makes 300k a year and has had ample opportunity to set herself up well for life and she's failed to do that as well. Are we supposed to believe overpriced lipstick was the x-factor that turned it all around? That seemed to be the bullshit she was peddling.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I don't know, why is there an audience for the Kartrashians?

• Love 4