Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

MK isn't bad, compared to other stuff like Lularoe and, my personal favorite, Plexus. MK has been around for eons. My mother was a consultant for awhile and she did alright. People really love the stuff. I LOVE my MK mascara. But she gave up because she needed to build her clientele base a bit bigger and she just wasn't pushy enough for that. I think you can make it work if you have a wide circle of friends/associates/co-workers and have that type of personality for sales - convincing, but not pushy. 

Leah has NONE of that. She just went and dumped thousands of their money on MK products and then let it sit around in the trunk of their car, causing an avalanche on her daughter's head. She was looking for easy money, and MK isn't easy money. 

Good point, about Leah's hustle. Hell, even if her twitter minions were willing to put their hard earned non MTV money where their mouths were and ordered her stuff just so Leah would friend them on various social media sites- is Leah going to be able to package up the stuff and run her ass down to the post office? My guess is no.

• Love 9

I agree with @ghoulina she was with Mary Kay which probably is one of the most reputable MLM's... but didn't put the work in to make us successful and flopped wasting they buy in money. The one that takes over my Facebook is rodan and fields, I'll admit the stuff works, I use it but I have SO many friends that sell it, so all day every day my timeline is filled with the same testimonial pictures, or announcements, and I'm constantly getting messages of people trying to get me to be a consultant (especially because I'm not currently working... im preparing to move Florida to Texas so I'm in that awkward in between where I have a job lined up but haven't started yet).  I'm actually not completely anti MLM, if that works for you, then great, like I said someone like Leah could actually probably profit more than the average person because of her notoriety... I'm just tired of being inundated by it. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

I agree with @ghoulina she was with Mary Kay which probably is one of the most reputable MLM's... but didn't put the work in to make us successful and flopped wasting they buy in money. The one that takes over my Facebook is rodan and fields, I'll admit the stuff works, I use it but I have SO many friends that sell it, so all day every day my timeline is filled with the same testimonial pictures, or announcements, and I'm constantly getting messages of people trying to get me to be a consultant (especially because I'm not currently working... im preparing to move Florida to Texas so I'm in that awkward in between where I have a job lined up but haven't started yet).  I'm actually not completely anti MLM, if that works for you, then great, like I said someone like Leah could actually probably profit more than the average person because of her notoriety... I'm just tired of being inundated by it. 

Florida to Texas? Welcome to Texas. :) Hopefully someday I'll be saying I'm moving from Texas to Washington (or Oregon).  I would be thrilled. Born and raised here but I am so over Texas Summers and no winter. 

• Love 4

It shocks me that Leah's fans even want to buy from her, since she makes multiple times what they do for doing nothing! I'm not a pushy person by nature, and I hate convincing people to part with their money for no good reason. The only time I'm not uncomfortable is when I'm raising money for a good cause, and I will partake in fundraisers for a good cause, like kids in school. I would feel so weird trying to get people to buy from me so I can go on a vacation or afford to stay home!

• Love 9

I have never felt comfortable with MK because of how the company preys on females who are in need of an income and think they will earn a good living when in fact, they have to shell out a lot of their own money. I think we went over this when Jeremy mentioned how much Leah spent on MK products.

The Pink Truth: http://www.pinktruth.com/mary-kay-facts/top-10-reasons-to-not-do-mary-kay/

I had a neighbor who was a single mom and desperate to make extra money. She was lured to sell MK products. I felt bad for her and bought some items. The amount of money I spent on MK products would have been better spent on buying the cosmetics I normally buy and having some money left over. I was approached by another woman and her sales pitch sounded very similar to my neighbor's pitch. I came to the realization MK is a cult. lol My neighbor eventually got out of the MK cult and ended up selling her left-over items right before she moved. She said it was too much work and she spent too much of her own money.

I would never spend more than $10 on a lipstick. I buy when there are sales and I don't stick with one brand unless there is something in particular that works best such as a foundation.

3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It shocks me that Leah's fans even want to buy from her, since she makes multiple times what they do for doing nothing! I'm not a pushy person by nature, and I hate convincing people to part with their money for no good reason. The only time I'm not uncomfortable is when I'm raising money for a good cause, and I will partake in fundraisers for a good cause, like kids in school. I would feel so weird trying to get people to buy from me so I can go on a vacation or afford to stay home!

Agree.

I am not familiar with the product Leah is now pushing. I don't know the prices of the items. I am betting they are pricey.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

So let me get this straight, Germy.

You got engaged to Brooke, which somehow the producers knew about before Leah. They egged you on to tell Leah while the cameras were rolling so they could get her reaction recorded. You were reluctant to do this, but eventually caved and told her. Leah may or may not have been upset, but contained herself since cameras were rolling and had a muted reaction to the news, disappointing the producer. You then turned to the producer to gloat that Leah's reaction was so understated, by saying it's not a big deal. (Which is weird, by the way). Since you've just told Leah that you're engaged, and then immediately followed it up with, it's not a big deal (supposedly directed at the producer, not Leah), Leah interprets that to mean you're saying your engagement is not a big deal. Leah goes home and tells someone, probably Chasity, that Jeremy told Leah he's engaged and that it was not a big deal, while on camera. Brooke sees this and goes berserk. Jeremy is now left reassuring his bride to be that he did not say their engagement was no big deal.

So, um, how is that the fault of editing? I mean, that was dirty pool for the producer to insist you tell Leah while the cameras were rolling, pretty mean spirited, but that's the producer, not the editing.

First off, how did MTV even know about this? Was it possible that this beach engagement trip was underwritten by MTV, in exchange for filming the proposal? And that for all you bitch about this show, you're willing to use it your advantage when convenient?

Second, why is Brooke so upset? Leah's a known liar. MTV didn't film Jeremy saying the engagement was no big deal, they filmed Leah saying Jeremy said the engagement was no big deal. Why wouldn't Brooke just assume Leah's either lying or took something out of context? Could it be, Jer, that Brooke is super insecure about Leah, likely because you were still hooking up with her long after you served her divorce papers, possibly after you started seeing Brooke, and that for Brooke, it's not out of the realm of possibility that you did in fact tell Leah that the engagement was no big deal, in an effort to string her along?

And Leah, this is an important learning experience for you and the other girls who have gotten a big head while this show has run (Maci, you too). Every time you start thinking you're the one calling the shots, because you can verbally abuse producers and refuse to come out of your houses and kick them out of your trailers, remember how they manipulate scenes in order to get you to lose your shit on camera. Your pain and humiliation is what makes them tick, and they're willing to take a little disrespect thrown at them if they can get it.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

And Leah, this is an important learning experience for you and the other girls who have gotten a big head while this show has run (Maci, you too). Every time you start thinking you're the one calling the shots, because you can verbally abuse producers and refuse to come out of your houses and kick them out of your trailers, remember how they manipulate scenes in order to get you to lose your shit on camera. Your pain and humiliation is what makes them tick, and they're willing to take a little disrespect thrown at them if they can get it.

This is so true.  Remember Mandy having to sit outside Adam's place because he was "napping"?  Girlfriend got her own back by immediately going to that conversation about how TM2 never films when Adam is spending quality time with his kids where he clearly doesn't understand the basics of human interaction (so, if I do something I want filmed I have to tell you?  I can't just rely on my ex to read my mind and tell you? Nahhhh that is ridiculous).  Neatly followed by a full minute of airtime being devoted to the kids sitting on filthy mattresses and not listening.  

Worth 45mins of sitting outside Adam's shitty little house?  Nope.  But it's a nice little fuck you. 

Edited by ChocolateAddict
  • Love 11

Remember Mandy having to sit outside Adam's place because he was "napping"?

It now seems some of the crew members are getting paid for sitting around and doing nothing. Welcome to Teen Mom world!

I must be the only one who is not bothered by how Adumb treated the crew. Not that he isn't a shitty person, I just don't have sympathy for the camera crew who are part of MTVs ass-kissing team.

• Love 3

So, um, how is that the fault of editing? I mean, that was dirty pool for the producer to insist you tell Leah while the cameras were rolling, pretty mean spirited, but that's the producer, not the editing.

First off, how did MTV even know about this? Was it possible that this beach engagement trip was underwritten by MTV, in exchange for filming the proposal? And that for all you bitch about this show, you're willing to use it your advantage when convenient?

Help me here, as I could be wrong. Unless I am reading the article incorrectly, and I have been wrong before, it doesn't read MTV was there to film the proposal. MTV was there when Jeremy had to drop-off Addie. There was a second link in that article that goes to another article and it mentions the proposal took place at night on the beach with Addie helping her daddy propose to Brooke, but I am not reading anything that mentions MTV filmed it: http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2016/09/13/exclusive-find-out-the-adorable-way-teen-mom-2-star-jeremy-calvert-proposed-to-brooke-wehr-plus-wedding-details/

As for his complaint about the editing, I think Jeremy is saying MTV edited the scene where he was telling Leah about his engagement. Due to the splicing and editing, it was made to appear as if he was saying his engagement was no big deal when in reality he was saying it was Leah who didn't have a reaction the way MTV anticipated.

By editing the scene, they cut out Jeremy calling out MTV. MTV doesn't want to look as if they created or stirred the pot.  Now that to me is bothersome because that reeks like the scene MTV tried to set up with Amber and Matt's ex girlfriend. It is also MTV covering their ass. Their talk about knocking out the 4th wall is to showcase how the cast really behaves, but they make sure to edit out their shenanigans.

This just proves, to me at least, MTV has no cares about these girls. They just want the drama for the ratings.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Help me here, as I could be wrong. Unless I am reading the article incorrectly, and I have been wrong before, it doesn't read MTV was there to film the proposal. MTV was there when Jeremy had to drop-off Addie. There was a second link in that article that goes to another article and it mentions the proposal took place at night on the beach with Addie helping her daddy propose to Brooke, but I am not reading anything that mentions MTV filmed it: http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2016/09/13/exclusive-find-out-the-adorable-way-teen-mom-2-star-jeremy-calvert-proposed-to-brooke-wehr-plus-wedding-details/

I did read that Jeremy did not allow the proposal to be filmed after I posted that comment, but then I'm not sure how the producer knew about the engagement before Leah did. Presumably Jeremy told him or her, and only has himself to blame for the producer using that to get a reaction out of Leah.

As for his complaint about the editing, I think Jeremy is saying MTV edited the scene where he was telling Leah about his engagement. Due to the splicing and editing, it was made to appear as if he was saying his engagement was no big deal when in reality he was saying it was Leah who didn't have a reaction the way MTV anticipated.

I don't think MTV edited that scene. I don't believe MTV even showed that scene (or hasn't yet). What got Jeremy all up in arms (well, actually what got Brooke up in arms, thereby inconveniencing Germy) was the bonus clip aired where Leah is driving a car with her makeup friend and saying that Jeremy told her his engagement was no big deal. Jeremy was explaining the reason why Leah said Jeremy uttered the words, it's no big deal. But the actual scene in question has not aired. That's what I got out of it, anyways. 

By editing the scene, they cut out Jeremy calling out MTV. MTV doesn't want to look as if they created or stirred the pot. 

Well, that could be true, but they didn't edit the scene, they just chose not to air it, from what I understand. When they didn't get Leah's anticipated reaction, they chose not to include that scene on the show, and rather aired a scene that included Leah's erroneous account of what was said (or taken out of context).

This just proves, to me at least, MTV has no cares about these girls. They just want the drama for the ratings.

Well, I certainly could agree with that. No matter how much I dislike Leah, trying to get her reaction recorded when she's found out that her ex husband is getting married was really mean. It wasn't like it happened and they decided to use it. They were trying to make it happen.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Well, I certainly could agree with that. No matter how much I dislike Leah, trying to get her reaction recorded when she's found out that her ex husband is getting married was really mean. It wasn't like it happened and they decided to use it. They were trying to make it happen.

This is the biggest bellwether that this show has outlived its value (not commercially to MTV of course). Let things happen, and if the cast isn't interesting any more, well find something else to do. I hated when reality shows started doing this, this is where you get out of the loose 'documentary' and into 'unscripted dramastics.'

• Love 5

From theashley:

“Large media corporations have a tendency to socially engineer viewers to instill an emotion on viewers which is most lucrative for their stakeholders, holding no regard for the impact they can have on my life, and the life of my family,” Jeremy wrote.

I don't even have a comment, it's so ridiculous. It's a Farrah-grade word salad. "Socially engineer viewers"??? "Instill and emotion ON?" Jesus dude, write how you speak. We don't even need subtitles if it's already written!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I must be the only one who is not bothered by how Adumb treated the crew. Not that he isn't a shitty person, I just don't have sympathy for the camera crew who are part of MTVs ass-kissing team.

No, I didn't necessarily have any sympathy for the crew. Their hands are dirty as well, in different ways. But I was still bothered by how he treated that woman, because I assume that's how Adumb treats a myriad of people - service people, his ex, his daughter. He's just nasty. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Mkay said:

Florida to Texas? Welcome to Texas. :) Hopefully someday I'll be saying I'm moving from Texas to Washington (or Oregon).  I would be thrilled. Born and raised here but I am so over Texas Summers and no winter. 

I'm originally from Texas, I just lived in Florida for nursing school, so I was bred for Texas summers. :)

Edited by leighroda
Because bread is for eating
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

From theashley:

“Large media corporations have a tendency to socially engineer viewers to instill an emotion on viewers which is most lucrative for their stakeholders, holding no regard for the impact they can have on my life, and the life of my family,” Jeremy wrote.

I don't even have a comment, it's so ridiculous. It's a Farrah-grade word salad. "Socially engineer viewers"??? "Instill and emotion ON?" Jesus dude, write how you speak. We don't even need subtitles if it's already written!

We know how Jeremy writes. That is definitely not his writing. This is how he would have written that statement:

mtv and there viewers are full of shit. mtv is all about money and ratings. the viewers dont see everything. they dont care bout me and my family. 

13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

No, I didn't necessarily have any sympathy for the crew. Their hands are dirty as well, in different ways. But I was still bothered by how he treated that woman, because I assume that's how Adumb treats a myriad of people - service people, his ex, his daughter. He's just nasty. 

He is the male version of Farrah.

I didn't care about how that woman was treated not because she is a female either. Simply because she didn't have to push the issue with him. She did so because it is her job and they so badly were trying to get any sort of footage of Adam. If the asshole doesn't want to film, then fuck him. These people know who they are working with and I am sure there are plenty of other times when Adam has treated the crew like shit, but there they are trying to grab any sort of drama they can rather than allow people to be who they are and stop trying to get them to film shit. Cut them off from the show.

• Love 8
On 1/9/2017 at 2:33 PM, ghoulina said:

MK isn't bad, compared to other stuff like Lularoe and, my personal favorite, Plexus. 

Leah has NONE of that. She just went and dumped thousands of their money on MK products and then let it sit around in the trunk of their car, causing an avalanche on her daughter's head. She was looking for easy money, and MK isn't easy money. 

Glad someone else brought up Plexus. That's one of my pet peeves at the moment. I know I sound like a broken record but I have a rare medical disorder that causes an extreme amount of pain throughout my body at all times. It's congenital so I've been fighting it my whole life. I spent around 20 years trying natural remedies and OTC stuff. I gradually moved up to muscle relaxers, nerve pain medications, etc. From there it was Percocets, Lortabs, and higher pain medications. When those stopped working, I tried kratom for awhile. I now have a morphine pump installed in me. (It was Diludad but I had a reaction.) So I walk around 24/7 with morphine squirting into me. And along came Plexus. 

At least once a day one of my Plexus-selling friends is trying to convince me that Plexus will cure me. Yes, certain anti-inflammatory diets can help with inflammation and pain, but it's a lot more complicated than that. With every move I make, I tear my soft tissue. My organs rupture from silly things, like sneezing. I've had everything removed that I can safely live without. I dislocate joints on a monthly basis. Furthermore, the condition has now caused a thoracic aneurysm to form and I have to get CT scans every 6 months to check on its growth. 

But, by all means, let me try the "pink drink." 

End of rant. 

I didn't "know" Leah during her MK phase. I set several seasons out. I would've liked to have been on here during that chapter. I have a friend who sells MK and she set up her damn Mary Kay handwashing display in her hospital room so that she could sell to nurses after her C-section. I wish I could make this shit up. 

With that being said, I agree that MK has some pretty good products. Although they're marked up by nearly 50%, I do still like some of them. And I know plenty of women that have been able to earn some money with it. If she'd played her cards right, I think Leah (or any of the women) could do very well with selling such things. They'd have people ordering from them just to get  a package in the mail from them. I imagine, however, that like most jobs it's just way too much work than they want to put forth. 

As for Maci and her T-shirt business. Pfft. I believe very little that comes out of that girl's mouth. I'll believe it's successful when I see actual signs of success. 

• Love 6

I'm usually pretty skeptical of any kind of MLM deal.  If someone even thinks to offer me Shakeology, they'll hear my varied comments.  

I do think for someone who is quasi-famous, it should be a slam dunk.  Instant business.  I know a few friends who do the LuLaRoe and they sell out of their inventory before they can even finish uploading and making easy money.  

I have no doubt Maci's business is making money hand over fist, crappy overpriced shirts that they are.  

6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Glad someone else brought up Plexus. That's one of my pet peeves at the moment. I know I sound like a broken record but I have a rare medical disorder that causes an extreme amount of pain throughout my body at all times. It's congenital so I've been fighting it my whole life. I spent around 20 years trying natural remedies and OTC stuff. I gradually moved up to muscle relaxers, nerve pain medications, etc. From there it was Percocets, Lortabs, and higher pain medications. When those stopped working, I tried kratom for awhile. I now have a morphine pump installed in me. (It was Diludad but I had a reaction.) So I walk around 24/7 with morphine squirting into me. And along came Plexus. 

At least once a day one of my Plexus-selling friends is trying to convince me that Plexus will cure me. Yes, certain anti-inflammatory diets can help with inflammation and pain, but it's a lot more complicated than that. With every move I make, I tear my soft tissue. My organs rupture from silly things, like sneezing. I've had everything removed that I can safely live without. I dislocate joints on a monthly basis. Furthermore, the condition has now caused a thoracic aneurysm to form and I have to get CT scans every 6 months to check on its growth. 

But, by all means, let me try the "pink drink." 

End of rant. 

I didn't "know" Leah during her MK phase. I set several seasons out. I would've liked to have been on here during that chapter. I have a friend who sells MK and she set up her damn Mary Kay handwashing display in her hospital room so that she could sell to nurses after her C-section. I wish I could make this shit up. 

With that being said, I agree that MK has some pretty good products. Although they're marked up by nearly 50%, I do still like some of them. And I know plenty of women that have been able to earn some money with it. If she'd played her cards right, I think Leah (or any of the women) could do very well with selling such things. They'd have people ordering from them just to get  a package in the mail from them. I imagine, however, that like most jobs it's just way too much work than they want to put forth. 

As for Maci and her T-shirt business. Pfft. I believe very little that comes out of that girl's mouth. I'll believe it's successful when I see actual signs of success. 

Yes! I don't have many friends who sell plexus, but about 2 years ago I found out my mom had endometrial cancer, she died within 5 weeks of being diagnosed and we knew it was an aggressive form, and too advanced so the only measures to take at that point were for comfort not treatment of the cancer. I'm a freaking nurse, but I was having a hard time with that news as it's different when it's your own family member, so I briefly posted something on Facebook about it, and I kid you not, I have a friend who pm'd me about trying essential oils to CURE HER CANCER. I was dumbfounded. I think essential oils can be good, and for lots of people they help with lots of ailments, and even if she sold it more as had I considered trying them to aid in comfort I would have been less offended... but this girl was trying to profit off of my mothers illness to get me to buy into her MLM.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, leighroda said:

Yes! I don't have many friends who sell plexus, but about 2 years ago I found out my mom had endometrial cancer, she died within 5 weeks of being diagnosed and we knew it was an aggressive form, and too advanced so the only measures to take at that point were for comfort not treatment of the cancer. I'm a freaking nurse, but I was having a hard time with that news as it's different when it's your own family member, so I briefly posted something on Facebook about it, and I kid you not, I have a friend who pm'd me about trying essential oils to CURE HER CANCER. I was dumbfounded. I think essential oils can be good, and for lots of people they help with lots of ailments, and even if she sold it more as had I considered trying them to aid in comfort I would have been less offended... but this girl was trying to profit off of my mothers illness to get me to buy into her MLM.

So sorry to hear about your mother. That's terrible. I understand your point, however. It does feel like these sales tactics are meant to profit from whatever a person is going through. I used to post a lot of things about my condition. I wanted to gain awareness for something that most have never heard of. Every time I posted, however, I was flooded with a long list of people trying to find cures for me. I even started denoting my posts with a postscript that read "*not asking for advice, just venting" but it didn't stop people from trying to get me to buy their Plexus, essential oils, etc. The thing is, they move on from those products and start selling something new and then THAT becomes the cure-all and best.thing.ever. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

We know how Jeremy writes. That is definitely not his writing. This is how he would have written that statement:

mtv and there viewers are full of shit. mtv is all about money and ratings. the viewers dont see everything. they dont care bout me and my family. 

I like how you used the wrong "there". Totally Jeremy.

In a way, I sort of see his point. I think his $5 word mashup was basically trying to say that they are intentionally provoking emotional outbursts from reality participants in order to get ratings, without considering the pain they might be causing the participants. To which I say, yes, that is sleazy, but um, welcome to reality TV, there Germy. People aren't going to hand you a pile of money for no reason. Reality participants are trading their autonomy and private lives (and often their dignity) for cash. That's how it works. And if they're paying for access to your private life, they're going to want to pick and choose what they use- not just what you want to show. If this is not acceptable, maybe don't seek out a partner heavily involved in reality TV filming, and certainly don't make decisions that lead to permanent ties to said partner.

Plus, what's really annoying is the fact that this scene had to be filmed weeks or months ago. Jeremy didn't care THEN that the producers were trying to stir up drama between him and Leah for ratings. He only cared when they aired a clip that pissed his new partner off and now he has to deal with the fallout.

• Love 7

Another thing that irritates me about MLM's...most of these women want a career, but don't want a traditional 9 to 5, so they prance around talking about how it's their full-time job annnnnd they get to stay home with the kids! You truly can't have it both ways. If these MLM's were "real jobs," everybody would choose to do them. Heck, their husbands would stay home too and sell a non-competing MLM!

I would go as far as saying that's an insult for people with real jobs. At my job, do I have the option to stay in bed until 10 if I feel like it, and work 2 hours because I'm sort of tired that day? Nope. Can I stay on FB all day, messaging people as part of my "job?" Not a chance. Do I have performance reviews, and actually have to prove I'm effective at my job? Yep! I mean, most days I can't even use the bathroom when i want! I'm not saying these ladies don't work hard, but it's not the same as a real job, and they're not an "entrepreneur." It's great if they want to make some extra money by selling this stuff, but it irritates me so much when they insist it's just like having a real job.

There are upsides to a real job, though. does my job make me pay thousands of dollars out of pocket, and then commodotize my family and friends? Nope! Do I feel like a child doing a band fundraiser when I'm doing my job, minus the good cause? Negative!

I worry for Leah...I really do. I can see a middle aged Leah eating Cheetos in a hoarders-level trailer, with boxes and boxes of unused merchandise from tons of MLM's. She just doesn't seem to ever learn her lesson, and will keep falling for the same thing again and again. However, the second a new MLM pops up, she'll suddenly be a "businesswoman!!!" again. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Tatum said:

In a way, I sort of see his point. I think his $5 word mashup was basically trying to say that they are intentionally provoking emotional outbursts from reality participants in order to get ratings, without considering the pain they might be causing the participants. To which I say, yes, that is sleazy, but um, welcome to reality TV, there Germy. People aren't going to hand you a pile of money for no reason. Reality participants are trading their autonomy and private lives (and often their dignity) for cash. That's how it works. And if they're paying for access to your private life, they're going to want to pick and choose what they use- not just what you want to show. If this is not acceptable, maybe don't seek out a partner heavily involved in reality TV filming, and certainly don't make decisions that lead to permanent ties to said partner.

I don't really have a lot to add, except that this is absolutely correct. I don't like when people intentionally provoke emotional outbursts from me and the people I care about on my television show, either. You know what I do about it? I don't have a television show. Even if my life can feel like I'm a character in one. Sure, this means i can't have a third rate clothing line produced by child laborers in Pakistan, or a makeup line that will cause swelling and hot rashes after being tested on baby lambs, and no bloggers are clamoring to sell my memoir, and my kids don't have a golf cart tied to a pony, and I don't even HAVE a twitter feed, so I don't have followers in some Siberian click farm. But I do have my privacy, my dignity, and my autonomy, which are in the end only paltry consolation that I'm not Z-level famous for the next two years before fading into the back page blurb section of "Whatever happened to" 'articles' in Reality TV Monthly. 

ETA that I find no businesses more tasteless than those that would prey on people at emotionally vulnerable moments. Especially anything that's billed as "alternative medicine." In almost every case, that just means no one anywhere can prove true therapeutic value. Otherwise, it wouldn't be alternative medicine. It'd just be medicine. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 12

I like my privacy as well. So much so, I don't even use my real name on Facebook. Only my family and friends know it is me. I don't want to be contacted by any old school friends, ex boyfriends, former co-workers, etc.

Thank you Tatum for clearing up for me the article above.

• Love 5

GreatKazu, I'm the same way on Facebook! A fake name, an image (not a photo) as my profile pic, and just a few dozen family and close friends. I'm very private. 

I think it's possible to see how both sides are wrong. MTV is definitely gross because they're getting rich off of exploiting people. But these clowns could stop any time now. They LIKE the attention and the money and the laziness it affords them. You can't have your cake and then complain about it non-stop. 

• Love 6

Agree, both sides are definitely not innocent in this situation.

What I want to know is, if Jeremy and Cory were to remove themselves from the show and the girls as well, what would MTV do with Leah? What would Leah do? lol  I'd love for that to happen.

• Love 1

I've had break ups with family and friends over MLM. Apparently the smartest kid in class now sells and I offended a bunch of mutual friends. My Facebook is open to family and friends under my SN and actual name. I had some friends on SM that just always call me by it so I included it with my real one.

Leah would do better to start using the products rather than having them stored in the Minivan from hell.

• Love 2

Well, the lifeblood of reality TV is seeing people at vulnerable, embarrassing, and awkward moments. That means finding people to supply those "dramastic"   moments, which generally means life is not going too well for the participant at the moment.

Much like a car towing service, reality TV production earnings are tied to the misfortunes of other people. This is not news to anyone in 2017. The people that are involved are compensated for allowing their misfortune to entertain other people, either financially or for notoriety. These assholes like Jeremy and Leah feel entitled to pocketing the compensation while not supplying the misfortune. Sorry Charlie.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I like my privacy as well. So much so, I don't even use my real name on Facebook. Only my family and friends know it is me. I don't want to be contacted by any old school friends, ex boyfriends, former co-workers, etc.

I used to bitch about social media sites and how they created a sense of neediness in people. There's almost a hoarding mentality there-like we HAVE to keep around every ex, every friend, every co-worker and schoolmate, we've ever known. I preferred the past where those f'ers just kind of faded into the dark night, never to be seen again. I don't find it that healthy to be connected to every single person you ever knew, just so that you can both cyberstalk each others' pictures to compare and contrast. 

I have a public FB page with my real name because it's one of my biggest marketing tools. My private page has approximately 75 people and they're all folks I actually LIKE. 

Question about Leah and the others. Why are they just NOW, in this season, buying houses? First Maci then Amber (okay, that's probably a rental but they're pretending they own it) and now Leah. They were earning pretty good money before. Are they seeing an end to this and are trying to hurry up and get some stability before they lose their cash cow?

• Love 3

Maci purchased a house years ago with a friend. That was where she lived in between boyfriends, which wasn't very long. 

As for Leah, the house she bought with Jeremy was on his family's property. Jeremy kept that home. She got $$.  The current house that she is moving out of is a rental she and TR Dues lived in. They broke up so that is why she had to move. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I have no sympathy for people who repeatedly sign up for a show and want the praise, attention, social media followers and money that come with it, but don't like the criticism and nosiness. Sorry y'all. Don't be on TV. Simple as that. 

I think Kail is the worst offender. She wants everyone to fawn over her selfies and use code KAIL20 to buy the useless crap she shills, but God forbid you call her out on her bullshit. Then it's all "eff the haterz." Khloe Kardashian is another one who grates when it comes to that stuff.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I think Kail is the worst offender. She wants everyone to fawn over her selfies and use code KAIL20 to buy the useless crap she shills, but God forbid you call her out on her bullshit. Then it's all "eff the haterz." Khloe Kardashian is another one who grates when it comes to that stuff.

Kail, Adam, Jeremy and Leah are all pretty bad on that front. 

• Love 3

I looked at Jeremy's Instagram for fhe first time the other day, and it is just vile! He has all these super inappropriate, crass memes about blow jobs and stuff like that.  He should really think about his image, because even if he is the nicest person ever (spoiler alert: he's not), it makes him look like a total jerk. 

• Love 6

I often remind myself that all of these people signed up when they were 16 years old.  They are adults now, but when they sold their souls to MTV they were children.  It helps me not be the worst judgmental version of myself.  

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

I often remind myself that all of these people signed up when they were 16 years old.  They are adults now, but when they sold their souls to MTV they were children.  It helps me not be the worst judgmental version of myself.  

I don't judge them for that (being on the show at a young age). I do judge them for continuing to sign up and then complaining endlessly about the show. It's the eighth season now. 

• Love 6

Addie to Jeremy in the last episode while Skyping: Are you my daddy?

Jeremy: I better be.

I looked at Jeremy's Instagram for fhe first time the other day, and it is just vile! He has all these super inappropriate, crass memes about blow jobs and stuff like that.  He should really think about his image, because even if he is the nicest person ever (spoiler alert: he's not), it makes him look like a total jerk.

I don't even see his official page. I see several fake ones. He is back on Twitter:

http://www.realmrhousewife.com/2017/01/10/exclusive-jeremy-calvert-returns-to-twitter/

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Addie to Jeremy in the last episode while Skyping: Are you my daddy?

Jeremy: I better be.

I forgot about that. That made me laugh so hard. It's a good thing that child looks exactly like him, because between the deer cam and mysterious camo shorts incident - Leah could have had many candidates as father of her baby. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I forgot about that. That made me laugh so hard. It's a good thing that child looks exactly like him, because between the deer cam and mysterious camo shorts incident - Leah could have had many candidates as father of her baby. 

lol Then again, many of the guys tend to resemble each other.

Hell, Jeremy and Cory shared the same best man at their weddings. Is there a shortage of guys out there?

Leah's candidates would be sort of like the late Anna Nicole with all of the guys who who claimed to be the father, except in Leah's case, all the guys would deny it.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

lol Then again, many of the guys tend to resemble each other.

I swear Cory and Jeremy look like brothers, especially when they're wearing baseball caps and have a little bit of scruff on their faces. 

• Love 4

They do look alike, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had actually been related somehow. Reminds me of two people i grew up with. They had to check with their parents to see if they were related before dating. Turns out they were, but "barely" so dating and sleeping together was fine. And if you're wondering, I don't miss my hometown at all.

• Love 5