Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

LOL! It is confusing. Try to think like the Princess of the Holler for a minute and you'll get it. That ding dang Robbie broke up with you and you'd already bought a Toddlers & Tiaras worthy dress for the prom, a box of fake nails, 12 cans of AquaNet, all the Wet & Wild makeup they had at WalMart and a case of tan in a can. So, you flirt with the weird guy that hangs out leering at the chicks at cheer practice and he asks you to go. A couple weeks before the big day, you meet Corey. And, being the hottest chick in the holler, you flirt with him, too. You don't really like the weird guy you're going with, so it's no big deal that you've been making out with Corey after cheer practice every night. Prom day finally gets here and you invite Corey to hang out with you before the dance, pose for some pics, then go to the dance with the other guy. You ditch him to go to the after party, meet up with Corey and have a romantic hump in the back of his truck to top off the magical night. See? It's not confusing at all when you think like Leah!

I think you are exactly right. Leah probably locked down a prom date early, but kept her eyes open for an upgrade immediately after securing said date. We all know Leah likes to keep her options open.

(Or possibly Formal Prom Date didn't put out, which made Leah immediately scramble to find someone to assure her she hadn't lost her Mary- Kay-multi-hued-eye-shadow-straightened-bangs-Lee-Press-On-Nail luster, courtesy of a backseat roll in the hay).

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I do wish the girls saw someone around them with some kind of higher education and a career, especially a woman. Sadly, the only thing they'll likely aspire to is finding a good man rather than a Robbie Kidd to support them.

I totally agree that misogyny and antiquated gender roles are probably rife in the holler. But I definitely remember Corey saying that he wanted Ali and Aleeah to be thinking about college when they were older. I always got the impression that he wanted his daughters to be the best versions of themselves, and (reading between the lines) wanted them to have ambitions beyond what Leah ended up doing with her life. I actually think it's Leah's influence that would hold the girls back more than Corey's; I can totally see Corey telling them to do their homework so they can do well in school and go to college, while Leah's teaching them how to apply lipstick and find a man with a high salary.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, neatoburrito said:

I totally agree that misogyny and antiquated gender roles are probably rife in the holler. But I definitely remember Corey saying that he wanted Ali and Aleeah to be thinking about college when they were older. I always got the impression that he wanted his daughters to be the best versions of themselves, and (reading between the lines) wanted them to have ambitions beyond what Leah ended up doing with her life. I actually think it's Leah's influence that would hold the girls back more than Corey's; I can totally see Corey telling them to do their homework so they can do well in school and go to college, while Leah's teaching them how to apply lipstick and find a man with a high salary.

Yes, for sure. I hope they do more activities when at his house. I only mentioned Corey because it was Jeff who posted that photo. I don't think they're any more misogynistic than their surroundings. They might even be a little better. Certainly Miranda is a better role model than Leah, that's inarguable. But their community itself is rife with misogyny in a way that many others aren't. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4

I agree with posters here who think Corey was leery of Leah's selfish reasons she wanted to work. She was always saying things like, "I'm sooooo bored! I wanna get out of this house!" in a way that was really disrespectful to Corey, like it was his job to entertain her. If she was a normal bratty teen in high school, her parent probably would have said, "well, get a job!" However, this was an instance of Leah putting herself first, once again. It was the worst possible time to get a job, and made things way harder on Corey, who now had to shuffle around schedules and find people to watch the girls. It would have been way easier on everyone if Leah had just stayed home, and then started working when the girls were a little more self-sufficient. However, Corey appears to have been right about Leah's motives for working, because she hasn't worked a day since. 

Leah doesn't ever take anyone else into consideration. If she wanted to work, she would insist on it even if she made less than childcare costs. If she didn't, she would insist on staying home even if her family was eating from dumpsters. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 10

Didn't she work at that tanning salon place for a week or so?  I remember her sitting on one of the benches/tables and nodding off while talking to one of Ali's health workers on the phone. Something to do with dye in babies' brains if I am remembering it right.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Not as quick as the time Leah dumped Jermy right after she had her miscarriage, ran to Cory who then proceeded to let her know he was very hesitant to resume any sort of relationship with her. She walked away with her tail between her legs as she wondered if Jermy would be willing to take her back.

Here is a dating timeline for Leah which happens to mention her dating that guy Dusty. He gets lost in the dust when Leah's dating timeline is discussed: http://starcasm.net/archives/180858

Ali-girl's face in the Leah/Corey wedding pic is everything.

• Love 3

I think they leap to marriage because of the sexism. The men want a wife to cook and clean for them, and sometimes take care of their kids. I'm not sure what the women prior to children get out of it though. Post-children, I think they get financially trapped and need or think they need a husband to pay the bills. Maybe there's some of that pre children, too. Maybe Miranda did hate her department and wanted Corey to provide her an escape from working, which she may have regretted when he cheated on her with Leah (or maybe not... who knows. It still boggles my mind that she stayed with him after that, but they seem to be a functional, happy couple now)

However, Corey appears to have been right about Leah's motives for working, because she hasn't worked a day since.

That's not true. She hasn't worked successfully. But she's tried to work. IMHO, part of Leah's depression is caused by the fact that she hasn't found a job/career beyond Teen Mom 2. She quit or failed the tanning salon; she failed at cosmetology school; she failed at being able to start her own makeover business. Being a SAHP is not a good fit for a lot of people, and it's never seemed like a good fit for Leah. But she's not smart or well educated and she's in an area without a ton of options.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

That's not true. She hasn't worked successfully. But she's tried to work. IMHO, part of Leah's depression is caused by the fact that she hasn't found a job/career beyond Teen Mom 2. She quit or failed the tanning salon; she failed at cosmetology school; she failed at being able to start her own makeover business. Being a SAHP is not a good fit for a lot of people, and it's never seemed like a good fit for Leah. But she's not smart or well educated and she's in an area without a ton of options.

TM2 is not a job and it is definitely not a career. That may be the problem with these people. They believe they are working. These are not professional actors who will have a chance at another acting job or some entertainment gig when this show is over.

Leah has failed at business because she has no business skills and no business education. She has also poured her money into bad business ventures. Mary Kay is a pyramid scheme. As for the tanning salon, what experience, other than looking orange, did she have to try to open up a tanning salon? Having inspirations to own a salon is not the same as actually having had a business. Leah worked at a tanning salon when Jeremy was laid off and they needed money, not because she sought a job or career. See what happens when money is spent foolishly? No one thinks about the hard times that may happen in the future.  As for that make-over business, that was an illegally run business. Again, Leah pours her money into things she knows nothing about. There are options out there for Leah, even in the holler. 

• Love 10

TM2 is a job. They get paid for it. Leah's been bringing in money as a result of it, and it's real money that she really gets to spend. I agree that it's not a career. 

I'm not really sure what the rest of your post is responding to in mine because I didn't say Leah was skillful or smart about how she tried to work. She wasn't. However, it is factually untrue that Leah never worked since the dental assistant thing that Corey was so resentful over. She has tried to work in a variety of (unsuccessful) ways. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

TM2 is a job. They get paid for it. Leah's been bringing in money as a result of it, and it's real money that she really gets to spend. I agree that it's not a career. 

Hate to agree with Nathan about anything, but he was right when he said Jenelle (and the other girls) hit the lottery. I can't really see what Leah and the rest are getting paid for as a "job". Possibly the TM2 money has been one of the reasons why Leah has not been successful with any of her schooling or career plans, because with easy money rolling in she has no reason to really bother or develop any motivation. It might be the reason she didn't try harder during her two marriages, because there was always an easy way out.

But I'm not sure TM2 can be blamed totally for Leah's lack of follow through. She is lazy, entitled, and not very smart, and she seemed that way to me before the money was rolling in. IMO the TM2 money is one of things that have kept her off welfare this long (child support being the other thing).

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 12

However, it is factually untrue that Leah never worked since the dental assistant thing that Corey was so resentful over.

@Zuleikha To be factually correct, Corey wasn't resentful over Leah having a job. What he was concerned about, other than her not being truthful about how she spent her days, was the fact she only worked one six hour day a week at the dental office. The rest of the time she was not taking care of the household duties. Corey would go home and he would have to clean, do the laundry, and some of the other things that Leah should have been doing the other six days of the week.

Hate to agree with Nathan about anything, but he was right when he said Jenelle (and the other girls) hit the lottery. I can't really see what Leah and the rest are getting paid for as a "job".

I agree. This is not a job. This is not a job that Leah can put on applications for future employment at the local Dairy Queen. It is not something she can note as job experience. This is MTV welfare.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

I think they leap to marriage because of the sexism. The men want a wife to cook and clean for them, and sometimes take care of their kids. I'm not sure what the women prior to children get out of it though. Post-children, I think they get financially trapped and need or think they need a husband to pay the bills. Maybe there's some of that pre children, too. Maybe Miranda did hate her department and wanted Corey to provide her an escape from working, which she may have regretted when he cheated on her with Leah (or maybe not... who knows. It still boggles my mind that she stayed with him after that, but they seem to be a functional, happy couple now)

(Bolding mine) My mind isn't boggled. When Corey cheated with Leah, he and Miranda were already married. Had they been dating or only engaged I could see her ending things, but since she had already "taken the plunge" I can see her wanting to stick around. Especially if Corey confessed, was regretful and wasn't trying to make it an on going affair (not that I agree I'm just saying that's Miranda's thinking). 

Also, no way in hell was Miranda going to let Leah, "win" by leaving Corey. Corey was smitten with Leah from their first roll in the pickup truck but we all know he would never leave a woman like Miranda for Leah, no matter how many times they rolled in the sack. Miranda knows this too, and she will always have the upper hand in that respect.

I am not married, and of course sexual fidelity means different things to different couples. Being unfaithful with a random or a flirtation at a work place is one thing, with the parent of your child seems more dangerous time because they are ALWAYS going to be around. Are you ALWAYS going to be able to resist temptation or what?

• Love 11

I would certainly hope you just *wouldn't* be tempted by an ex at all, especially if that ex was Leah. That boggles my mind too but they seem to have moved past it. Good for Miranda, I don't think I'd ever get over something that awful, engaged/married or not. 

Corey's reaction to Leah's working highlighted the toxicity of their "marriage." He was angry about the house and also about the fact that there "might be guys there." Which I understand was partially justified because of Leah's unfaithful history...but if you have to be that upset just to get through your spouse's part time day job (which again, I understand was at least partially/mostly caused by her cheating ways and not by a reticence to see his wife working), there's something majorly wrong and you just shouldn't be together. A relationship that's already at that point can't go anywhere. It was mostly Leah's fault, but the entire thing began with a fairly creepy one night stand in a truck and an unplanned pregnancy, so it's not like it was ever exactly going to be The Notebook. Good riddance, really. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I would certainly hope you just *wouldn't* be tempted by an ex at all, especially if that ex was Leah. That boggles my mind too but they seem to have moved past it. Good for Miranda, I don't think I'd ever get over something that awful, engaged/married or not. 

Corey's reaction to Leah's working highlighted the toxicity of their "marriage." He was angry about the house and also about the fact that there "might be guys there." Which I understand was partially justified because of Leah's unfaithful history...but if you have to be that upset just to get through your spouse's part time day job (which again, I understand was at least partially/mostly caused by her cheating ways and not by a reticence to see his wife working), there's something majorly wrong and you just shouldn't be together. A relationship that's already at that point can't go anywhere. It was mostly Leah's fault, but the entire thing began with a fairly creepy one night stand in a truck and an unplanned pregnancy, so it's not like it was ever exactly going to be The Notebook. Good riddance, really. 

Corey never trusted Leah because he knew DEEP DOWN she never wanted to be with him. Not even "oh wanted to be with him but just had a wondering eye"(which many women accept from male partners, it's rarer the other way around, but it does happen- that a man knows his wife/GF won't leave and forgives her indeciscretions often cause he has them too), but because she JUST didn't want him. I mean that's gotta hurt. It really does. Especially in a patriarchal culture like Corey's where I'm sure it hurt his "manhood" that Leah could not want him when he's a "good guy". But that's life. It sucks. 

Leah's got faults, her lack of sexual fidelity is the least of them IMO. But people like her just don't need to be in monogamous relationships because the other party is going to get hurt. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

That's always been my frustration with Corey. He never trusted Leah. He didn't trust her to be faithful, and he didn't trust her commitment to him. That's why he pressured her into marriage, and why he never wanted her in an environment where she would come into contact with other men. Now, his mistrust was totally justified- Leah was using him as a stop gap while she waited for someone she considered more worthy of her, she was still hung up on Robbie, and she was a known cheater. Not blaming him for not trusting her at all. However, you know what is a really dumb thing to do when you don't trust someone? Propose to them, and when they demonstrate reluctance, pressure them into marriage.

No matter how impressive Leah's holler educated blowjobs are, or how convenient it would be to live with the mother of your children, if you're going to spend every second wondering what she's doing behind your back, and the only way you feel secure is to remove ALL her options that lead to infidelity, then for god's sake cut your losses and move on.

I also think Leah is unlikely to be faithful to anyone, unless that person has super human patience and an endless supply of attention and positive reinforcement.

• Love 11
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:33 AM, Tatum said:

While Corey's sick burn on Leah's overworked mattress IS funny, I still think it's more amusing she was able to lure Corey back into her lair with corn bread and chocolate frosting.

I am pretty sure Corey started crying at the dinner table when he saw Leah's dessert masterpiece.

@Katt- maybe? I think Leah started to serve it to him plain and then when she saw that wasn't working, pulled out one of those chocolate frosting tubes and wrote I *heart* Corey in order to step up her game.

Don't forget that she made fried chickenses too, the kind that consists of frozen breaded tenders (the kind that are ALREADY FRIED) doing the backstroke in a gallon of oil in her skillet. I actually thought the "cake" looked pretty good (minus the FD&C Red No. 2 scrawl) because chocolate frosting on white or yellow cake is my favorite thing. But if it was indeed kernbread then that changes the game for me.

So, this website with cheeseball sayings on it is the best thing that has happened to her. That's SAD. SAD! With the exception of Sierra "Tuscan", of course. How can she spell exception correctly but not Tucson? I would have expected "acception".

I wonder how much money this "Ms. Rielly" is milking out of Leah?

Personally, I become much more Blessed and Happy by reading the forums here. Daily! But not more healthy because I sit here eating chocolate covered raisins.

• Love 8

It was mostly Leah's fault, but the entire thing began with a fairly creepy one night stand in a truck and an unplanned pregnancy,

What made it creepy?

A lot of children across this great land were conceived under the same circumstances.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

What made it creepy?

A lot of children across this great land were conceived under the same circumstances.

And I find that pretty creepy! 

The age difference, not knowing each other, essentially being children, the other people involved, the vast irresponsibility, lack of education, no sex ed, likely drinking, incredible immaturity--generally that spells exactly what happened. Neglected kids and at least one failed marriage. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Not blaming him for not trusting her at all. However, you know what is a really dumb thing to do when you don't trust someone? Propose to them, and when they demonstrate reluctance, pressure them into marriage.

Well, Corey was barely out of his teens and didn't exactly have much life experience, so I'm not shocked that he didn't know better at the time then to chase a girl who clearly wasn't that into him. Especially when said girl had his two babies. Leah was probably his "first" in many ways and he seems like a family man type at heart. I can cut both Leah and him some slack during their first go around for not being more mature or aware of their problems. Their little adultery interlude--well, Corey is very lucky that Miranda is a forgiving woman, is all I can say. If I was Miranda, I would've forgiven him for just about any other roll in the hay then with Leah.

What made it creepy?

LOL ain't that the truth? Losing your virginity and/or getting knocked up in the back of a car is a time honored American tradition, no matter what your background.

• Love 5

I'm not a fan of Leah and I think her jumping back and forth to relationships and cheating is pretty toxic. I also think that she is only 24 and that actually make me sad.  Because she should have the freedom to break hearts and get heartbroken as she is the right age for that to be appropriate.  I look at myself at that age and I wish she has the opportunity to be 'free' without the worries of the kids and the pressure to be perfect for her minions.  Because you should F up in your 20s.  That's how you learn to be an adult.  I don't condone her or condem her.  I just feel bad for her.  She will always have a hard life despite the money because she doesn't know how to fail successfully.  I'm not sure that even makes sense lol!

Edited to add: I feel the same way about Kail.  Jenelle would of made the same awful choices as evident in her first TM episode and Chelsea is Chelsea. She had support even when she rebelled.  She got to fail albeit landing in a safe space when she did.  Kail and Leah always struck me as never having a safe space when they got pregnant and then had this 'fame' thrust upon them.  Again - just musing as I enter my last half of being 38 and so glad that my F ups were off camera and no babies daddies.

Edited by LBS
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, LBS said:

I'm not a fan of Leah and I think her jumping back and forth to relationships and cheating is pretty toxic. I also think that she is only 24 and that actually make me sad.  Because she should have the freedom to break hearts and get heartbroken as she is the right age for that to be appropriate.  I look at myself at that age and I wish she has the opportunity to be 'free' without the worries of the kids and the pressure to be perfect for her minions.  Because you should F up in your 20s.  That's how you learn to be an adult.  I don't condone her or condem her.  I just feel bad for her.  She will always have a hard life despite the money because she doesn't know how to fail successfully.  I'm not sure that even makes sense lol!

Agreed. I was in a 10 year relationship from 17-27, it ended with a deeply broken heart but no kids. I wouldn't trade the relative freedom to explore careers, going to graduate school, going to concerts, traveling, making friends, moving to new places, and just being silly for any of their lives despite the money. I grew so much in my mid to late twenties and I think it only happened because I was privileged enough to fail safely-- I wasn't really looking after anybody but myself, so making relatively little money wasn't a worry as long as I could pay bills. At 28, I'm more worried about having a family and finding a partner, but it'll happen when it happens-- if it doesn't, I can't say I don't have a satisfying life. 

I feel sad for Leah that her mistakes were deeply harmful not only to herself but her children. I don't know if she would have had insight or fortitude to learn from her mistakes though. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, evilmindatwork said:

I feel sad for Leah that her mistakes were deeply harmful not only to herself but her children. I don't know if she would have had insight or fortitude to learn from her mistakes though. 

I think that the whole idea of failing and learning during your twenties would be lost of Leah, even if she didn't have the kids. And while kids can limit your personal explorations, trust me when I say they don't limit your potential to grow and learn. I think Leah is just one of those people who never learns, even if they have all the advantages and opportunities to do so. To me Leah's problems go way, waaaay beyond your typical young adult learning about life screw ups. She is a deeply dysfunctional person and I think she would be this way regardless of circumstances.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I think that the whole idea of failing and learning during your twenties would be lost of Leah, even if she didn't have the kids. And while kids can limit your personal explorations, trust me when I say they don't limit your potential to grow and learn. I think Leah is just one of those people who never learn, even if they have all the advantages and opportunities to do so. To me Leah's problems go way, waaaay beyond your typical young adult learning about life screw ups. She is a deeply dysfunctional person and I think she would be this way regardless of circumstances.

Agree. Also, there's a difference between breaking someone's heart as a normal, unavoidable pitfall of dating, and breaking someone's heart because you were only USING them in the first place, so deep is your phobia of being single that anyone is better than nothing. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I think that the whole idea of failing and learning during your twenties would be lost of Leah, even if she didn't have the kids. And while kids can limit your personal explorations, trust me when I say they don't limit your potential to grow and learn. I think Leah is just one of those people who never learn, even if they have all the advantages and opportunities to do so. To me Leah's problems go way, waaaay beyond your typical young adult learning about life screw ups. She is a deeply dysfunctional person and I think she would be this way regardless of circumstances.

Preach!

Leah doesn't grow and learn from her mistakes because in order to do so, one needs to ACKNOWLEDGE those mistakes. She is a habitual blamer and victim. It is everyone else's fault. She plays no part in her downfall. It is always Cory's fault, Jeremy's fault, Mama Dawn's fault, Miranda's fault, the haters' fault, the fault of the area she lives in, the fault of the people around her who didn't encourage her to be better, the schoolses fault because they ain't well, it is her dad's fault for not being there, it is the court's fault, it is MTV's fault for painting her in a bad light, hell let's blame Mary Kay too! It is all of these things or some of these things, but it is never, ever Leah's fault.

My sympathy for this girl, who has the means and the options to get out of her shitty hole, went out the window (no pun intended) long ago.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

And I find that pretty creepy! 

The age difference, not knowing each other, essentially being children, the other people involved, the vast irresponsibility, lack of education, no sex ed, likely drinking, incredible immaturity--generally that spells exactly what happened. Neglected kids and at least one failed marriage. 

Age difference? Three years age difference. Hardly an age difference between him and Leah.

As for not knowing each other, again, that is hardly anything abnormal. In fact, it happens quite often. It can be looked upon as something pretty sad and scary for the most part, but people who have one night stands or meet and have sex on the first day is not out of the ordinary. It has been happening for ages including having sex without little or lack of knowledge. Maybe I am hung up on the word "creepy". To me, creepy means people like Matt or Uncle Dave. It means something sinister. Creepy, for example, is bringing strange men into one's home where there are young children living such as what Leah constantly does to her kids.  

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10

My daughter is 16 and if a 19 year old came sniffing around her, Daddy would be right there with his gun. 

I know this is a daft question, but does anyone know if Leah is single right now? I mean, she could always be hiding whatever it is she can persuade to date her these days. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, AhFillAck said:

Don't forget that she made fried chickenses too, the kind that consists of frozen breaded tenders (the kind that are ALREADY FRIED) doing the backstroke in a gallon of oil in her skillet. I actually thought the "cake" looked pretty good (minus the FD&C Red No. 2 scrawl) because chocolate frosting on white or yellow cake is my favorite thing. But if it was indeed kernbread then that changes the game for me.

So, this website with cheeseball sayings on it is the best thing that has happened to her. That's SAD. SAD! With the exception of Sierra "Tuscan", of course. How can she spell exception correctly but not Tucson? I would have expected "acception".

I wonder how much money this "Ms. Rielly" is milking out of Leah?

Personally, I become much more Blessed and Happy by reading the forums here. Daily! But not more healthy because I sit here eating chocolate covered raisins.

Ya know,  most mothers I know would say their children are the best thing that has ever happened to them.  And Leah is always saying how important her children are.  Shouldn't the exception be her kids? 

• Love 10

You guys. So, I went back and watched the first episode of TM2 where Leah makes her bitchin' dinner. (I recorded this on DVR awhile back).

I thought the fried chickenes were the raw, boneless kind you buy at the store that Leah rolled in shake'n bake then fried up, but Ahfillack  is correct- they were like the Tyson frozen nuggets you buy that you're supposed to cook in the oven or the microwave. Also, she nuked a container of instant mac n cheese. No wonder she was so proud of her canned carrots and mystery meat.

Also, she denied the piece de resistance was in fact corn bread, but she didn't say what it was. I think it was some kind of jello cake.

• Love 8

I dated guys who were 19 when I was 15 years of age. Guess what? I didn't have sex with them.

Leah is a special case. She seemed to think if a boy wasn't interested in her sexual-wise, something was wrong. Going by her comments throughout her relationships with Cory and Jeremy, demanding they be home, getting mad at Cory for looking at porn, getting mad at Cory for not being home to give her affection in the bedroom (he worked!), her complaints to Jeremy that he find work closer to home so he could be home with her more often, it leads me to think Leah was complaining about lack of sex. Affection can be shown in different ways, but apparently if sex is not involved, things are lacking.

Leah herself admitted back in 2013 to having been with 7 guys while declaring she is "not a whore".  By her declaring that particular statement, it tells me she was not saying she had dated seven guys but in fact had sex with those guys. I don't care about women having sex and enjoying it. I think when a female is mature, has the proper sex education, and is not being pressured into having sex, then by all means enjoy your sex life. She is not at all mature. She has been pregnant three times before the age of 20. She is/was an addict (depending on whether you believe she is clean or not). Being an addict can lead to even more risky sexual behavior.  I truly believe Leah sought affection from boys by laying out her goods because in her mind that is all that matters in securing a guy.   JMO

This behavior will continue.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 13
38 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Creepy- mostly Leah's age.

Leah was 17 when she and Cory conceived their twins. Cory turned 20 years old four months before the twins were born.

I am not seeing the big deal.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 6

It was exactly equally Corey's decision to sleep with Leah. And Jeremy's. Unless it's rape, it's always 100% a 50/50 decision. No more blame on either side for the decision to have unprotected sex. At all. 

Other things, yes. But not the sexual relationship. That was not "pushed" by Leah on unwilling men. Either one of them could have protected themselves. They didn't. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

Leah was 17 when she and Cory conceived their twins. Cory turned 20 years old four months before the twins were born.

I am not seeing the big deal.

I'm not making light of teenage girls being preyed upon by grown men, it happens far too often and it is a problem but a 17 year old (Leah) and 19 year old (Corey) when the twins were conceived isn't a significant age difference and doesn't make Corey predatory or creepy or inappropriate in my book. 

10 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

It was exactly equally Corey's decision to sleep with Leah. And Jeremy's. Unless it's rape, it's always 100% a 50/50 decision. No more blame on either side for the decision to have unprotected sex. At all. 

I agree. Leah's choices regarding her sex life wouldn't be my choices but as far as her faults or "issues" go those are the least of her problems.

There is a double standard regarding a woman's sexual behavior. Lack of monogamy or having many sexual partners is seen as a character flaw or a sign of a deeper emotional issue in a way that it rarely is for a man. 

If Leah was a productive member of society (work/school), taking care of her girls properly and not hooked on meds I would tell her to get as much (safe/protected) dick as she wanted when Jeremy and Corey had their custody time. Not everyone is cut out for a monogamous life partner type relationship but I think Leah wants it both ways. She wants to have her freedom and fun AND have a partner waiting there at home to do the heavy lifting. 

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I'm not making light of teenage girls being preyed upon by grown men, it happens far too often and it is a problem but a 17 year old (Leah) and 19 year old (Corey) when the twins were conceived isn't a significant age difference and doesn't make Corey predatory or creepy or inappropriate in my book. 

I agree. Leah's choices regarding her sex life wouldn't be my choices but as far as her faults or "issues" go those are the least of her problems.

There is a double standard regarding a woman's sexual behavior. Lack of monogamy or having many sexual partners is seen as a character flaw or a sign of a deeper emotional issue in a way that it rarely is for a man. 

I would find it really weird if a 19 year old slept with my high schooler daughter...high school is high school. 19 year olds are college aged. But Leah and co live in a completely different world/culture. I don't think Corey is creepy himself, or predatory at all, but their "relationship" as a whole was always a joke. They had unprotected sex in the back of a truck when they barely knew each other, had TWO children, and rushed to the altar. It's a cautionary tale. It's foolish and disturbing and easily preventable and usually ends in heartache and disaster. That's what it was meant to be before they made these TM girls and their baby daddies into "stars." Now I worry that it's almost glamorized.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I would find it really weird if a 19 year old slept with my high schooler daughter...high school is high school. 19 year olds are college aged. But Leah and co live in a completely different world/culture. I don't think Corey is creepy himself, or predatory at all, but their "relationship" as a whole was always a joke. They had unprotected sex in the back of a truck when they barely knew each other, had TWO children, and rushed to the altar. It's a cautionary tale. It's foolish and disturbing and easily preventable and usually ends in heartache and disaster. That's what it was meant to be before they made these TM girls and their baby daddies into "stars." Now I worry that it's almost glamorized.

Ah I see what you mean now. 

I can see how someone could look at this show and think these girls lives are just "AMAZEBALLS", but for most people (I would at least hope), they see that the choices these young people made brought them mostly worry/stress/emotional upheaval and social isolation. Which all could've been prevented by a damn condom! 

The only Teen Mom I think is REALLY happy and satisfied on an interpersonal level is Chelsea, and she really suffered (emotionally) until she got over Adam and accomplished something for herself regarding school. The only Dad from this franchise I think is in the same position (and by Dad I mean a man that actually is parenting in some way) is Gary. Amber is awful but Gary seems to have gotten over her emotionally and is making a stable life for himself, Leah, Christina and his other daughter. Which Gary is allowed to do because Amber fucked up so badly he's got primary custody and will probably keep it permanently.  I would say the same about Jo but Kailyn may uproot the boys again and that would cause upheaval in his life too. 

Material things are great, and I would love to have their disposable income but I don't envy these girls one whit. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

If Leah was a productive member of society (work/school), taking care of her girls properly and not hooked on meds I would tell her to get as much (safe/protected) dick as she wanted when Jeremy and Corey had their custody time. Not everyone is cut out for a monogamous life partner type relationship but I think Leah wants it both ways. She wants to have her freedom and fun AND have a partner waiting there at home to do the heavy lifting. 

The thing is, to me Leah's behavior has never come off as liking sex because she just likes sex. Otherwise she wouldn't be jumping into serious relationship after serious relationship, moving guys into her house and having them around her kids right away. She seems to me to be using sex to get attention and emotional attachment from men. It comes off as desperate imo. Heck, part of me wonders if Leah even likes sex all that much for itself or if she just likes the attention it gets her. Which is pretty sad, in a way.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, HeySandyStrange said:

The thing is, to me Leah's behavior has never come off as liking sex because she just likes sex. Otherwise she wouldn't be jumping into serious relationship after serious relationship, moving guys into her house and having them around her kids right away. She seems to me to be using sex to get attention and emotional attachment from men. It comes off as desperate imo. Heck, part of me wonders if Leah even likes sex all that much for itself or if she just likes the attention it gets her. Which is pretty sad, in a way.

Oh I agree, which is why I said if Leah had her life together, her having fun with guys (safe/protected, when her girls weren't around) wouldn't be an issue, but she doesn't have her life together at all. 

Most of these Teen Mom girls seem to be emotionally hungry in ways I wouldn't expect from someone that's post-pubescent. They are NEEDY. They aren't attaching themselves to guys for access to resources because most these guys are broke, not even "up and coming". I honestly don't understand what the appeal is, I would just buy another vibrator and call it a day than spend my time engaging with some of those guys. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I honestly don't understand what the appeal is, I would just buy another vibrator and call it a day than spend my time engaging with some of those guys. 

LOL isn't that the freaking truth? Though, in Leah and Jenelle's cases, the vibrator would have to come complete with sound and select phrases like "You sure is purty" or "Dude, I like, love you dude" and so on and so forth.

• Love 11

Another long time lurker here.  But tell me about it Scarlett.  I agree completely and speaking from experience you lose that luxury once you become a mom. It just blows my mind how fast these girls jump from guy to guy and how needy they are. And I myself am alot like Leah, pregnant at 16, and I am also southern in an extremely "backwards" rural area. And it makes me almost resentful of  her that she continues to squander her opportunities that she doesn't seem to take advantage of or appreciate. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Well, that may be how life is in the holler. We watched Leah's step-dad push the idea of marriage onto Jeremy when Leah took him over to meet her parents. Perhaps the norm in that area of the woods is to meet the parents and discuss marriage right off the bat, especially if the young lady has children. You can't be seen as a single mother too long, apparently. If you impregnate that girl, then you must marry her or at least set up house immediately. Sounds twisted, but as you pointed out yourself, some people follow the culture or upbringing. And just to point it out, plenty of people have done the same in other parts of the country. Leah, Cory and Jeremy just happen to be on television.

• Love 3

I was 16 with a 19 year old boyfriend. At the time, I saw nothing wrong with it. We met innocently, we got along, he asked me out. We never had sex (neither of us had before -- and I kind of wish I had because it would have been better than my actual first haha). However, looking back, I think it was kind of sketchy (but he would have had no idea my age when we met, and the situation wasn't as gross as it could have been). It's different when you're in it, but circumstances matter. I think a good 30 states or so have 16 as the age of consent, usually where the older person is within a few years of the younger. But yeah, the idea of a "college student" dating a "high school student" is odd because they're at such different places in their life -- but Corey wasn't in college, I think he still lived at home; different places but not as extreme as it could be.

• Love 4