Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I realize now they didn't lose items out of the back, they must have removed them because it was stuck in the mud.  But yes, they could have unhitched the horses and come back for the objects.  As usual this show has characters who can slaughter an entire herd on their own, and also get wrecked by a handful of zombies.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Watch at your own risk, your hopes for an improved show may be dashed upon the rocks!

LOL.  Oh no!!! Six zombies!!!!  Whatever will we do???

Hopefully the character stuff being touted as good will actually be good, because the action and decision making scenes are still lacking.

• Love 4

Sneak peek 3,

‼️Warning‼️

Watch at your own risk, your hopes for an improved show may be dashed upon the rocks!

Are U kidding me, wtheck. Well, you did warn me, lol. They should have sliced and diced that slow moving mob of dead up like salami. And on top of it all they leave their only form of transportation behind. I would think at this stage horses are hard to come by since they have become walker food. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, peach said:

They could make something with scavenged wheels better than dragging around an antique

They’ve got one, it’s towards the end of the clip at the top of page 90. It looks pretty cool, bench seats, nice springy tyres that wouldn’t have got stuck!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, peach said:

And frankly, a horse is more valuable than some people at this point.

Heh! A horse is more valuable than a lot of the people on this show. I'd trade Tara for a frickin' Shetland pony. Or a goat, which at least is useful. Another red shirt bites the dust. All that to get the plow home, then the plow is smashed to bits. God, they just can't stop failing, can they? Rick and Daryl better not be responsible for yet another horse dying a gruesome death. Did an animal once bite Kirkman and he's now getting even with all animals?

New opening sequence is pretty awesome, tricking us into thinking the show will be any good.

• Love 9

I'm still laughing at them going all the way to DC to find a wagon, and dragging it down marble stairs.  Maybe the could have stopped at the hundreds of other historic sites and plantations in Virginia, or maybe, say, Williamsburg?  So gimmicky.

• Love 7

Cool new opening sequence, I wish I was as excited about the show as I am by that music.

I have always loved the opening theme music. Have you seen the ad with the man and woman covering themselves in mud by the waters edge? I could have swore as the walkers walked by I heard them stating, where are they. In a low husky voice. That would mean they are gaining awareness, brain activity but still dead. Watch that trailer and let me know what you think. 

3 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

I have always loved the opening theme music. Have you seen the ad with the man and woman covering themselves in mud by the waters edge? I could have swore as the walkers walked by I heard them stating, where are they. In a low husky voice. That would mean they are gaining awareness, brain activity but still dead. Watch that trailer and let me know what you think. 

Those are the Whisperers you hear not Walkers.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

I could have swore as the walkers walked by I heard them stating, where are they. In a low husky voice. That would mean they are gaining awareness, brain activity but still dead. Watch that trailer and let me know what you think. 

Well as you’ve already been given their name, I’m amazed you didn’t know about The Whisperers, I try and avoid plot spoilers as much as possible, yet even I knew about them years ago. It’s good that it will all be new to you when you watch it, that’s a rare event nowadays so I won’t mention the little I have heard about them.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, peach said:

I'm still laughing at them going all the way to DC to find a wagon, and dragging it down marble stairs.  Maybe the could have stopped at the hundreds of other historic sites and plantations in Virginia, or maybe, say, Williamsburg?  So gimmicky.

If I don’t see them taking the cannons from the civil war battlefields I’m going to be annoyed! 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, peach said:

I'm still laughing at them going all the way to DC to find a wagon, and dragging it down marble stairs. 

9 hours ago, Ann Mack said:

I never read the comics and don't have the necessary fortitude to watch an entire preview. Once upon a time, I'd have asked about both things, "You're kidding, right?" but sadly not now. People who whisper? A whole community of people who somehow have all agreed they will whisper? OTOH, I guess it's still more believeable than a group of people who camp out in a trash heap, doing arts and crafts and speaking like cave people.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Well as you’ve already been given their name, I’m amazed you didn’t know about The Whisperers, I try and avoid plot spoilers as much as possible, yet even I knew about them years ago. It’s good that it will all be new to you when you watch it, that’s a rare event nowadays so I won’t mention the little I have heard about them.

But how would some of us know about The Whisperers if we haven't ever read the comics?  I think there are quite a few of us who haven't.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

If I don’t see them taking the cannons from the civil war battlefields I’m going to be annoyed! 

Maybe they could go to all the local farms with wagons, horses, etc. and clean them out first. Then spread out before heading to the big city. 

17 hours ago, Ohwell said:

But how would some of us know about The Whisperers if we haven't ever read the comics?  I think there are quite a few of us who haven't.

I’ve never, ever  read the comics, and as I said I’ve tried as hard as possible to avoid story spoilers, but I do like to keep on top of what’s happening in the show in general. The Whisperer story has been around for so long that unless you’ve been living in a mountaintop cave, I’m amazed that anyone hasn’t heard at least the most basic of information about them.

All I know about them at this moment is their name, and their basic Modus Operandi, their whole comic story I haven’t a clue about. 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

Maybe they could go to all the local farms with wagons, horses, etc. and clean them out first. Then spread out before heading to the big city. 

As has been shown in the clips, they’ve already created modern wagons, with pneumatic tyres and comfortable seating, all they need is a rain cover on each vehicle and they’re good to go. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Lol................, I have heard of the Whispers. I just forgot all about them. My memory is really terrible lately. I need to save up some money to sleep at a Holiday Inn, lol...... , That was funny though. Thinking the walkers were evolving,lol................................. . At this rate I will get to hide my own easters eggs. 

14 hours ago, Ann Mack said:

I know now, OohMaggie reminded me. I got to laugh at myself over that one. Thinking the walkers were evolving, lol..... . Like I told OohMaggie, I will get to hide my own easter eggs soon. Thx for the reply though. 

• Love 2

Certain motoring shows have proven that most Diesel engines  are capable of running off cooking oil, the same oil that is found in any fast food outlet or reatauraunt. I’m sure that the one thing  the US is not in short supply of is cooking oil. Whether from  food outlets or wholesalers. 

Im surprised that Eugene hasn’t suggested this as a possible answer to the fuel problem!

12 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

I know now, OohMaggie reminded me. I got to laugh at myself over that one. Thinking the walkers were evolving, lol..... . Like I told OohMaggie, I will get to hide my own easter eggs soon. Thx for the reply though. 

Well if it was left to Frank Darabont, the Walkers would have evolved, and we would have been in such a better place now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’ve never, ever  read the comics, and as I said I’ve tried as hard as possible to avoid story spoilers, but I do like to keep on top of what’s happening in the show in general. The Whisperer story has been around for so long that unless you’ve been living in a mountaintop cave, I’m amazed that anyone hasn’t heard at least the most basic of information about them.

All I know about them at this moment is their name, and their basic Modus Operandi, their whole comic story I haven’t a clue about. 

Its just that the whole Whisperer story arc has been so publicly available  over the past few years, that I’m amazed that people haven’t heard about them.

Unless someone has read The Comics:  Same, Yet Different thread, or this spoiler and speculation thread (which I rarely read), it's entirely possible to have not heard of The Whisperers.  Even if they've been mentioned in the episode threads, I don't read every post.

And no, I don't live in a mountaintop cave.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Well if it was left to Frank Darabont, the Walkers would have evolved, and we would have been in such a better place now.

That was his vision? That corpses can somehow stop the decaying process and "evolve"? He wanted to do that? How the hell do these people keep getting jobs? Goddam it.

But yeah - I don't live in a cave or on a mountain and I stopped reading comic books when I was about 13, so had never heard of TWD, and even when I did hear of it and started watching it, I still had no idea it originated with comics. I don't watch the Talking Dead or any other offshoot or addendum to the show and in fact never watched any series that needed an after-show to explain what I just watched.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Certain motoring shows have proven that most Diesel engines  are capable of running off cooking oil, the same oil that is found in any fast food outlet or reatauraunt. I’m sure that the one thing  the US is not in short supply of is cooking oil. Whether from  food outlets or wholesalers. 

Im surprised that Eugene hasn’t suggested this as a possible answer to the fuel problem!

Some adventurous peeps on the east coast have altered their cars to run on fast food waste oil. People joke they smell like fries driving down the road. Some commercials here in the states show scientist working on algae for fuel., Eugene needs to get with the za program. He came through for Negan, now he needs to come through for his own.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Ohwell said:

The same way we also heard about Negan, as soon as the show started, or as soon as they added Talking Dead. Some of the fans were so eager for Negan to show up, and the whisperers have also been mentioned, but I won't say any more. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

That was his vision? That corpses can somehow stop the decaying process and "evolve

I don’t think his vision reached as far as stopping the rotting process, although a great idea, he wanted the Walkers to exhibit more of their normal human behaviour. Being able to climb fences, use basic tools, to open doors and become smarter as time went on, before falling to pieces obviously. Do you remember the Walker who used a rock to break the glass door on the shop front?  Things like that.

It would certainly have made a difference to the show, then some of the situations we are forced to believe wouldn’t have seemed so ridiculous.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Some adventurous peeps on the east coast have altered their cars to run on fast food waste oil. People joke they smell like fries driving down the road. Some commercials here in the states show scientist working on algae for fuel., Eugene needs to get with the za program. He came through for Negan, now he needs to come through for his own.

Yeah it was on Top Gear quite a while ago, considering in the UK it costs us $6.32 for one US gallon of Diesel, I think I might give it a go.

According to the peek, Rosita and Eugene are headed to Oceanside, maybe Haircut will find some ‘ZA Lovin’, that might put a smile on his face.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I don’t think his vision reached as far as stopping the rotting process, although a great idea, he wanted the Walkers to exhibit more of their normal human behaviour. Being able to climb fences, use basic tools, to open doors and become smarter as time went on, before falling to pieces obviously.

Well, hell - in that case everyone on this show would die toot sweet. These are people who can't even detect a mindless, shuffling, slow-as-molasses zombie crashing and staggering through the forest toward them. Imagine the slaughter if they could open doors? Oh, wait!  Weren't all the doors left open - with predictable results - last season because it was a warm night? Obviously, it just won't do to make the walkers even more competent than the living.

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Do you remember the Walker who used a rock to break the glass door on the shop front?  Things like that.

Yes and IIRC, they could climb stairs as well. It made more sense to have them behave that way at the very beginning when they were still "fresh" than it would when they are literally falling apart.

• Love 1
On 05/10/2018 at 7:37 PM, WalkerTalker said:

Maybe they could go to all the local farms with wagons, horses, etc. and clean them out first. Then spread out before heading to the big city

It will be interesting to discover the reason for them heading into town. There isn’t anybody who wouldn’t pay the White House a visit, even if only to steal the Presidents table, I could see Maggie sitting behind that in her office. A decrepit wagon, plough and was that a log canoe? don’t seem much of a haul from the nations capital. 

• Love 2

Hershel (We just learned that Scott Wilson has died) and Sasha will be making a return along with Shane in the early part of the season. I presume Rick "sees" them before the end.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

From New York Comic Con yesterday evening...

Sasha, Hershel and Shane to Appear in Season 9 of ‘The Walking Dead’
Shannon Toohey   October 6, 2018
https://fanfest.com/2018/10/06/sasha-herschel-and-shane-to-appear-in-season-9-of-the-walking-dead/

The cast and producers of The Walking Dead gathers with hundreds of fans at Madison Square Garden Saturday night to celebrate its ninth season and wish Andrew Lincoln goodbye. They even donned sheriff hats for the occasion.

Show runner Angela Kang was also there to deliver some hints about the season that we haven’t heard yet. She revealed that former cast members Scott Wilson and Sonequa Martin-Green will appear on season 9 as their respective characters. It was confirmed back in late summer that Jon Bernthal will be reprising his role as Shane in some fashion.

Edited by tv echo

NYCC 2018: 'The Walking Dead' Panel Recap
By BRANDON DAVIS - October 6, 20
https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/10/07/nycc-2018-the-walking-dead-panel-recap/

The Walking Dead panel moderator Chris Hardwick started the panel by introducing Angela Kang, Scott Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Dave Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero, Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Danai Gurira, Mellissa McBride and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
Hardwick asks Kang about crafting Lincoln's exit from Rick Grimes.

"We really kind of ran with it in the writer's room, just really trying to thin [sic] about what has Rick's journey meant to him on the show," Kang said. As for being showrunner, she says it's a lot of responsibility. "I get to grow as somebody in this career. That's been really exciting."

Did Gimple have a plan for Lincoln's exit?

"It was a possibility that we talked about," Gimple said. "There were things that you build things into the story, maybe it'll go this direction, maybe it'll go that direction," "Things started moving in that way and we followed the story threads that were laid out. We were able to fulfill it this season. There was a plan. There were little turns here and there but it generally stayed with the plan."

Kirkman is asked about Lincoln's embodiment of Rick Grimes.

"There was a moment where I saw Andrew Lincoln talking to Steven Yeun for the first time," Kirkman said. "Seeing two characters that I had spent so much time with, speaking in real life, seeing that this world was coming to life, and no one had seen this show. I didn't know what this was eventually going to become. Just seeing the characters come to life, it was moving. It was very unnerving. It's something that has never gone away...It's tough when anybody leaves the show, it's tough every single time people leave the show. Before I stopped being in the writer's room full time, I remember sitting in the room saying, 'How about we try not killing someone for an entire season!'"

To conclude, Kirkman says, "I love you, Andy. I love you."

Alpert's favorite Rick Grimes moment?

"Besides Coral?!" Alpert joked. "It's the scene from the first episode where he's riding in on the horse and he finally sees the horror of what's happening in downtown Atlanta...and the premiere of Season Three where he's basically leading a swat team in complete silence and he's reinvented himself."

What's it like to direct Lincoln?

"It's been amazing," Nicotero said. "One of the advantages I have...is I've been able to gain the trust of the cast. With Andy, we've been together since day one. When the scripts come in, he'll come to my house and he'll sit on the couch, and he'll read his part and I'll read every other character...He'll call somebody and talk about the day, how much fun it was, how exciting it was...I will say, when he's in that zone, you don't go near him! You can't put your hand anywhere near him, you'll get bit!...I remember the episode that he finds Lori was devoured by a walker and his descent into madness...and we scheduled it all in one day and we went through it and by the end of the day, he was spent, and it all comes out!"
Lincoln admits he does get nervous when he meets fans and shares the work. The fans, however, make it a lot easier. 

"My last day was amazing," On the way to it being a very moving farewell, I pulled down the set on top of the A cameraman...I was inspired. I thought, 'This is a really good idea, I'm going with something!...It was Norman's fault...and he started slapping me in the face and I started tearing down the set on Deke and I knocked him out. I shouldn't have ripped down the set and Norman shouldn't have been slapping me!"

The last scene ended up being funny. "We did the last scene, in which I had to laugh and sort of chuckle a bit, so what happened was I was doing one take and I felt my toe being tickled...it worked, it was terrific, and it was this dude, who happened to be directing! It was the most unprofessional moment of my nine years! I finished, like a fool. Thanks, boys."
Working with Andy as Negan?

"I f---in' hated him," Morgan said. "No one is happier that he's gone than me. No. I was you guys. I was a fan of the show forever. Right up until I tore into it. One of the reasons I wanted to so badly be a part of it was to work with this cast...Working with him is gonna go down as one of the greatest pleasures of my life. No one prepares like he does. No one sings Coldplay's 'Yellow' quite like he does."
Kang confirms Jon Bernthal, Scott Wilson, and Sonequa Martin-Green are returning to the series in Season 9. 

Gimple says he is most looking forward to Whisperers in Season Nine and Kirkman calls their look "breathtaking."
What's been different?

"It's been really, really cool to juxtapose [the action] with some serious meatiness this year," Gurira said.

"I did some stretches and squats," McBride joked. "We have horses! I love to ride horses but if you don't ride all the time, you can ride for an hour and just be broken for a week, so squats, stretches, lunges."

"I think it's just a wholly different side of Negan that we're gonna see this year," Morgan said. "We'll see. I think Negan's fighting a lot of internal battles this year. It's tough in a 10x10 cell and he's finding out a lot about himself. It's been a very interesting year for both Negan and myself."

What did Rick and Michonne learn from each other?

"One of the greatest things of the last few seasons is this relationship when it happened," Lincoln said. "They recognize something in each other. There's a formidable warrior...Rick and Michonne's relationship has depend to a much more profound, understanding love which has been really, really satisfying to play."

"The thing that Michonne learned from day one from Rick is that he figured out how to retain community and retain to connection to people and to take responsibility for people," Gurira said. "That's something that Michonne had stepped away from. She decided to be a loner. She decided to walk literally with the dead...It's a responsibility he must take from a place of love."
What was it like without Lincoln?

"The last day that he was in there, he was covered in blood, and I still won't let him clean the chair," Reedus said.

"He also has a coffee mug that Andy drank out of that has blood on it and he won't let anyone wash it," McBride adds.

What will Lincoln miss the most?

"These guys and everybody back in Atlanta, and everybody here, and all of you," Lincoln said. "There's three of us left that have done the nine years and they continue. I watched the first episode that I ever watched of the show and I wasn't in it. All of these guys, they're immaculate. This guy's a leading actor like I never season." He proceeds to hand out compliments to McBride, Gurira, and Morgan. "You're gonna be blown away by the work their doing...I've loved every minute of it and thank you."

Did he take anything from set?

"I tried to steal my boots but Norman steals everything every year," Lincoln said. "I've seen him leave on two motorbikes with several crossbows. I think he steals three a season."

Edited by tv echo
9 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Hershel (We just learned that Scott Wilson has died) and Sasha will be making a return along with Shane in the early part of the season. I presume Rick "sees" them before the end.

Those two meant more to Maggie then they did to Rick and could be there for her farewell.  Rick was pretty close to Herschel so that makes some sense but there's no reason he would see Sasha instead of Carl, Lori, or Glen as he checks out of the world. 

It's a shame about Scott Wilson passing away.  Even though Herschel could get grating at times Wilson always made him someone you'd root for, at least once they left that damned farm.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Those two meant more to Maggie then they did to Rick and could be there for her farewell.  Rick was pretty close to Herschel so that makes some sense but there's no reason he would see Sasha instead of Carl, Lori, or Glen as he checks out of the world. 

Good point about Sacha. Maybe her return has something to do with Maggie's departure.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:08 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Cool new opening sequence, I wish I was as excited about the show as I am by that music.

That shit is bad ass  :D   

The only thing I don't like about it is that it contains the name Alanna Masterson.

I loathe Tara.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Good point about Sacha. Maybe her return has something to do with Maggie's departure.

If Maggie is in "Kill Negan" mode, I can see Sasha and Herschel appearing to her in visions offering her two different sets of advice: Sasha being for killing Negan and Herschel being for peace. 

Edited by Evie
  • Love 1
On 10/6/2018 at 7:36 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Yeah it was on Top Gear quite a while ago, considering in the UK it costs us $6.32 for one US gallon of Diesel, I think I might give it a go.

According to the peek, Rosita and Eugene are headed to Oceanside, maybe Haircut will find some ‘ZA Lovin’, that might put a smile on his face.

Hey OoohMaggie, how are you? It's been a while. Anyway, I thought our fuel was expensive! Yours is outrageous.
https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/Tennessee/Nashville

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

That shit is bad ass  :D   

The only thing I don't like about it is that it contains the name Alanna Masterson.

I loathe Tara.  

Oh, me too. Alanna Masterson's acting is abominable. And the fact that she is a scientologist is just the cherry on my irrational hatred sundae.

• Love 10

We've already got spoilers from TSDF Army for S09.E02 “The Bridge.”   

Everyone who already guessed that Zach McGowan didn't come on board to play a nice just happy to be there ex-Savior collect your prize.  Also, FPP and Anne/Jadis?  Did. Not. See that coming.

The episode takes place 35 days after Gregory’s hanging. Rick and members of Hilltop, Kingdom, Oceanside, and the Sanctuary are all teaming up to repair the bridge. They have a campsite set up nearby. The episode jumps back and forth between the bridge, campsite, and Hilltop frequently.

**Bridge/Camp**

Aaron, now a true doting daddy, talks to Daryl enthusiastically about Gracie. He even suggests that Daryl would make a great father someday. Cue death glare from Daryl.

Justin, a salty Savior (played by Zach McGowan), tries to drink more than his share of rationed water and knocks Henry down. Henry gets back up and hits Justin down to the ground with his staff. Daryl steps in to protect Henry. It’s fight time!

Rick and Daryl have a chat inside a tent with Carol present. They butt heads a little bit. This is where we see the “Are we on the same side?” “You tell me,” scene.

Jadis? Anne? (I'm calling her Jadis) and Father G are totally crushing on each other. Jadis even paints him a picture of the lady with glasses. (Remember her? Hello, callback!)

There’s a herd approaching the work area that needs to be diverted. Rosita and Arat are setting off explosives to help with this. Also, the group has strategically placed 2 handy dandy crank sirens in areas to draw walkers away. Jerry mans ones of the sirens. The other siren never turns on and causes problems.

There’s a horrifying accident with logs caused by a Savior that leaves Aaron’s arm crushed and looking like hamburger meat. His arm can’t be saved, sadly. Surprisingly, Enid is actually the one that eventually amputates Aaron’s arm. She's not just background noise anymore.

Walkers are now everywhere and the group bands together to fight. Rick uses his rifle to shoot a rope that is holding all the logs together. All the logs go spilling into the walkers.

We learn that Justin was supposed to turn on the other siren to help divert the herd. Daryl goes back into rage mode and he fights Justin again. This time he’s using a skillet to beat his ass. Carol steps in to get Daryl to stop. Rick kicks Justin out. “If I ever see you again, stitches won’t fix what I do to you.”

Rick visits Aaron and they have a heart to heart conversation.

Father G pulls some smooth moves on Jadis and engages in a short and sweet make-out session with the former trash queen. Go get you some, Father G!

Carol asks if Ezekiel still has that proposal ring. He reverts back to King mode, ready to make speech, but Carol shuts him down. Carol asks to try on the ring. All signs point to Carol accepting Ezekiel's proposal, although it's only implied and not voiced. They smile.

**Hilltop**

Back at the Hilltop we see Maggie, still a farm girl at heart, outside breaking a horse. Michonne stops by for a visit and informs Maggie that the Sanctuary sent out ethanol last week, but it hasn’t arrived. The Sanctuary trades fuel for food with the Hilltop. Michonne asks Maggie to go ahead and send food over to the Sanctuary. Maggie initially refuses. No fuel. No food.

Earl is in Hilltop prison. Tammy wants to visit him, but Jesus won’t let her under Maggie's orders. He eventually talks to Maggie about this, so Maggie relents and lets Tammy see him. Tammy and Earl share a very tender moment which makes Maggie tear up a bit. Maggie visits Earl alone and they talk about his past with drinking.

Eventually, after listening to Michonne, Jesus, and Earl Maggie decides to let Earl out of jail. He will work under supervision to pay his debt. She also decides to send food to the Sanctuary. When Michonne asks her why she changed her mind, Maggie alludes to her father and how he drank, but got a second chance. Gregory had chance after chance but never changed.

**Alexandria**

The last scene is Rick visiting Negan in his cell. Rick talks to Negan about how the communities are coming together. Negan tells Rick that Rick is just getting the world ready for him.

• Love 1