Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Walking Dead, Power, Young Sheldon, Riverdale, House of Cards and More
By Michael Ausiello / September 11 2018, 
https://tvline.com/2018/09/11/greys-anatomy-season-15-meredith-andrew-deluca-romance-spoilers/

Question: Is Maggie going to get revenge on Rick on The Walking Dead? Negan had to die! — Cane
Ausiello:
When TVLine recently posed more or less the same question to Scott Gimple, chief content officer for all things Dead, he replied that, when Season 9 of the AMC drama kicks off on Sunday, Oct. 7, Glenn’s widow won’t have decided to forgive or forget. “She said [in the Season 8 finale] that she was going to just wait for the moment to make it right. That’s still in her. It isn’t necessarily the driving force when we meet her, but it’s still in her.” In fact, in some ways, Maggie’s hunger for retribution might be even greater than it was before the series’ 18-month time jump. In that time, “she’s become a mother,” Gimple noted, “so from an emotional standpoint, as far as any sort of reset or even exacerbation of what she was feeling, that baby is a big part of it.”

Edited by tv echo
45 minutes ago, tv echo said:

In that time, “she’s become a mother,” Gimple noted, “so from an emotional standpoint, as far as any sort of reset or even exacerbation of what she was feeling, that baby is a big part of it.”

If Lauren Cohan can actually sell the idea that caring for her baby makes her more willing to burn down the crew's first moment of relative peace and security lasting longer than 30 days, she will deserve an Emmy nomination regardless of what accent she says it in.

• Love 3

Rick Grimes' Final Episodes?

Saw the promo during Better Call Saul.

So the sense I got was that Lincoln wasn't leaving on the best of terms but they decide to promote the loss of the main character for this season?

Seems like desperation.

• Love 5

Fall TV 2018: What You Need to Know About Your Returning Favorites
By Kaitlin Thomas | Sep 12, 2018
https://www.tvguide.com/news/fall-tv-2018-returning-shows-walking-dead-greys-anatomy-supernatural-spoilers/

The Walking Dead (AMC)
Returns: Sunday, Oct. 7 at 9/8c

Where We Left Off: Carl (Chandler Riggs) died. The war with the Saviors ended when Rick (Andrew Lincoln) defeated but didn't kill Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), which didn't sit too well with Maggie (Lauren Cohan).

What's Next: The action will jump forward a year and a half when the show returns with a supersized premiere. There's an uneasy peace between the communities in place, but Maggie is still unhappy with Rick, and while it's possible their conflict might somehow leave one or both of them dead -- Cohan and Lincoln, both original cast members, are leaving the show this season -- Cohan has also said that Maggie's story is left open. Still, the conflict isn't limited to just Rick and Maggie; it seems that Daryl (Norman Reedus) will side with Maggie, while Michonne (Danai Gurira) will stand behind Rick. Beyond that, it looks like Daryl is getting a dog; Carol (Melissa McBride) and Ezekiel (Khary Payton) are an item; and Sons of Anarchy fan-fave Ryan Hurst is joining the show as Beta, the second-in-command to Samantha Morton's skin-suit wearing villain Alpha, who leads a new group called The Whisperers. Oh, and Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as Rick's partner-turned-nemesis Shane for one episode.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

They’ve  had 18 months, I’m wondering what has been talked, or done about the helicopter in that time. I’m sure Negan is as interested as anyone in exactly what Jadis had to do with it. Have the two of them kept that secret from Rick? Surely Rick would be trying to find out who owns it, if for nothing more than to discover whether they are a threat to the community.

The possible connection with Georgie must be on their minds but it will be disappointing if come October they have basically ignored it and done nothing. 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

Some leaked info on the first eight shows.

If the rumours about No6 are true, they’re keeping Rick’s departure show ultra secret and  ‘Abe’ has got a big job on directing No7. 

Episode 901 - “A New Beginning”
Writer: Angela Kang
Director: Greg Nicotero

Episode 902 - “The Bridge”
Writer: David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick
Director: Daisy Mayer

Episode 903 - “Warning Signs”
Writer: Channing Powell
Director: Dan Liu

Episode 904 - “The Obliged”
Writer: Geraldine Inoa
Director: Rosemary Rodriguez

Episode 905 - “What Comes After”
Writer: Matthew Negrete
Director: Greg Nicotero

Episode 906 - “Untitled”
Writer: Eddie Guzelian
Director: Larry Teng

Episode 907 - “Stradivarius”
Writer: Vivian Tse
Director: Michael Cudlitz

Episode 908 - “Evolution”
Writer: David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick
Director: Michael E. Satrazemis

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, rab01 said:

If Lauren Cohan can actually sell the idea that caring for her baby makes her more willing to burn down the crew's first moment of relative peace and security lasting longer than 30 days, she will deserve an Emmy nomination regardless of what accent she says it in.

If Maggie managed to kill Negan, I would probably forgive anything she did.  However, I somehow doubt that will happen.  The one spoiler that might get me watching again is that Negan is going to be dead, zombie dead, knife through the skull and brain zombie dead after suffering horribly, being beaten with a baseball bat and burned.  Dead dead dead.

• Love 7
On 9/14/2018 at 12:07 PM, TigerLynx said:

If Maggie managed to kill Negan, I would probably forgive anything she did.  However, I somehow doubt that will happen. 

On this show, Maggie will probably kill Rick.  And maybe that's why she has to leave, "open-ended", so Michonne doesn't kill her.  But somehow, Negan will still be alive.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, peach said:

On this show, Maggie will probably kill Rick.  And maybe that's why she has to leave, "open-ended", so Michonne doesn't kill her.  But somehow, Negan will still be alive.

As fucking brain-dead as these writers have increasingly been growing, I have complete confidence in the notion Rick will take the bullet meant for Negan in an assassination attempt by Maggie.  Because these writers will pass around the baby oil, stroke each other up and tell themselves how dick-and-balls GREAT it’ll be.  :P

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Nashville said:

As fucking brain-dead as these writers have increasingly been growing, I have complete confidence in the notion Rick will take the bullet meant for Negan in an assassination attempt by Maggie.  Because these writers will pass around the baby oil, stroke each other up and tell themselves how dick-and-balls GREAT it’ll be.  :P

That sounds about right.  I commit right now to this prediction.  I believe this is what Scott Gimple calls "epic."

• Love 7
20 hours ago, peach said:

That sounds about right.  I commit right now to this prediction.  I believe this is what Scott Gimple calls "epic."

I committed to that prediction back in June; welcome to the depressed table in the lunchroom.

• Love 4
On 9/16/2018 at 9:52 PM, Nashville said:

As much as I  suspect you're probably right, I also wouldn't put it past this crew to fuck Rick as a character one last time on the way out the door by having him clumsily shoot himself or otherwise get himself killed in some less than heroic manner in attempting to keep Maggie and Negan from killing each other.  That would provide countless amounts of fodder for them to wax about the great tragedy of Rick's story on TTD couch.   

This is the same crew that had him rolling around his boxers fighting a walker on a stick before deciding to keep his mortal enemy who'd killed people he loved as a pet.

• Love 5

From TSDF Army page:

Episode 9.01 "A New Beginning."

What is the group’s mission that was filmed at the Capitol building? What happens during those scenes?

A group including Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Maggie, Carol, Ezekiel, and most of the other main characters go into the capitol building, scavenging. They find a large wagon and a horse drawn plow and seeds. While lowering the wagon down the huge stairway, Ezekiel is almost killed by walkers when he falls through a hole in the clear glass floor (which is breaking under all of the weight.) The lower level under the floor is overrun. He is saved, just in time from being bitten.

What’s going on at the Sanctuary? Who’s in charge?

The Saviors are struggling. There is barely any food or supplies. Their crops are failing. There are some that hold real animosity. There are still Negan followers. 
Daryl is in charge of the Sanctuary, but does not want to be. He expresses to Rick that he wants out.  Carol overhears their conversation and tells Rick that she will take over.

Are there any characters that are showing animosity towards each other?

There is a group of Negan followers at the Sanctuary, quiet grumblings. Daryl is showing slight signs towards Rick.
Gregory towards Maggie, as she is now leader of Hilltop, per a Hilltop election. Maggie towards Rick. Earl's wife towards Maggie after her son's death.

Tell us about Maggie’s baby!

Little Hershel is so adorable! He lives at Hilltop with Maggie of course. He is seen several times in this episode.

We hear that Gregory enlists Earl’s help to kill Maggie. What happens during this attempt?

After Earl's son Ken gets bitten in a small herd scene in the opening scenes, Maggie has to put him down. Gregory gets Earl drunk and enthusiastically runs down Maggie, making it seem that it's all her fault. Late one evening as Maggie is walking a fussy Hershel, Gregory tells her that someone has been messing with Glenn's grave. She goes to investigate and is attacked by a masked Earl. Hershel’s stroller gets flung to the ground with him in it and he starts screaming. Enid also gets knocked out in the struggle. People hear the ruckus and come to the rescue. Maggie goes to Gregory and he tries to kill her. She gets the upper hand. Gregory is dealt with at end of episode. T

Do we meet Magna’s group in this episode?

They are not seen or introduced in this episode.

How does the episode end?

It's dark at Hilltop, children are put to bed. Rick, Michonne, and Daryl are there. Enid is sitting in a wheelchair from her injury when she helped save Maggie. A crowd gathers and we see Gregory with a noose around his neck, on a gallows. He is begging for his life in his typical Gregory-pathetic way. Maggie makes a speech and he is hanged, much to the shock of Rick and Michonne.

BONUS:

- Ezekiel proposes to Carol. She says something along the lines of, “Oh put that thing away. I would snag it on something.” She doesn’t say no, but also doesn’t say yes, either. Carol tells Daryl that she wanted to say “yes” but wanted to give it some time to be sure.

So a bunch of drama involving Earl, a character we've never heard of before.  They kill off one of the few characters who's been consistently entertaining.  And this will be stretched out to a 90-minute run time.  Good times indeed.  

• Love 5

Oh yeah, we need an Earl-centered episode *eyeroll*

I guess the wagon and plow were part of some exhibit at the capitol?  I mean, I know I would keep my wagon and plow at the capitol if I could.  I am interested in seeing apocalypse landscape, so there's that (empty buildings and streets, etc).

I am intrigued by some stuff, though I still don't trust the show:

21 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Daryl is in charge of the Sanctuary, but does not want to be. He expresses to Rick that he wants out.  Carol overhears their conversation and tells Rick that she will take over.

and

21 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

BONUS:

- Ezekiel proposes to Carol. She says something along the lines of, “Oh put that thing away. I would snag it on something.” She doesn’t say no, but also doesn’t say yes, either. Carol tells Daryl that she wanted to say “yes” but wanted to give it some time to be sure.

• Love 2

I have been reading the preview articles on season 9. They have been very positive and note that the long time characters are finally getting extended screen time and dialogue where they actually have conversations rather than monologues e.g. Michonne and Maggie finally have scenes together. I can't remember the last time they had an extended conversation. Negan seems to be sidelined for the first three episodes that they sent to the reviewers although his spectre is hanging around. This is good start to the season laying the groundwork for Rick's death and Maggie's departure.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

At least Maggie is doing something about murderers that can't stop themselves from swinging their man-parts around because they want to stay in power. And Rick now suddenly has issues with killing people? The same guy who killed people who helped him and wanted to switch sides last Season? Maybe it's best you died Rick. Your multiple personalities don't mesh at all.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 1

Considering that we know AMC ponied up the big bucks to keep Norman Reedus as our new "leading man," I am more than a little amused that he's apparently terrible at it and starts off this season whining about how he doesn't want to have be in charge of the mean old Saviors only to have Carol step in and take the job off his hands.

Edit to add:  I guess once Rick twisted himself around at the end of last season to decide that even a bat-wielding motormouth murderer gets to live, he thought that was it and you and you and you get to live too even if you are engaging in half-baked murder plots in broad daylight.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Smad said:

At least Maggie is doing something about murderers that can't stop themselves from swinging their man-parts around because they want to stay in power. And Rick now suddenly has issues with killing people? The same guy who killed people who helped him and wanted to switch sides last Season? Maybe it's best you died Rick. Your multiple personalities don't mesh at all.

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

Edit to add:  I guess once Rick twisted himself around at the end of last season to decide that even a bat-wielding motormouth murderer gets to live, he thought that was it and you and you and you get to live too even if you are engaging in half-baked murder plots in broad daylight.

Yeah, a weasel who had Maggie and her child attacked would have previously been shot right in the head by the original Rick Grimes, or run straight thru by Michonne.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, peach said:

Yeah, a weasel who had Maggie and her child attacked would have previously been shot right in the head by the original Rick Grimes, or run straight thru by Michonne.

No kidding, considering they are Mr. 'I tear out throats when my child is threatened' and Mrs. 'I kept my baby daddy as a zombie pet because he got my little one killed'. Just reading that summary up there where the stroller gets flung WITH the baby in it...real Michonne and Rick would have had no mercy whatsoever.

• Love 4

A review from Comicbook.com

The long-running zombie drama gets a whole new beginning as The Walking Dead is back to being can’t-miss, must-see TV with Season Nine.

Just three episodes into Season Nine, The Walking Dead is back to being the best show on television.

18 months after Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) defeated and imprisoned dethroned Savior leader Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), Rick is shepherding a newly-established network of communities and their respective survivors into the future as they work together to rebuild civilization.

“We’re building. We’re growing… we’re making a new beginning,” says Rick, who now works laboriously to fulfill the idyllic future envisioned as the dying wish of late son Carl (Chandler Riggs).

Having emerged as a pseudo-celebrity for his wartime efforts and subsequently ushering in an era of peacetime, Rick has since turned his attention towards erecting a bridge that will literally and symbolically link all the communities — Alexandria, the Hilltop, the Kingdom, Oceanside, and the Sanctuary — while his closest allies, including formidable Hilltop leader and new mother Maggie (Lauren Cohan) and former right-hand-man Daryl (Norman Reedus), have yet to fully embrace working with enemies-turned-strained allies the Saviors.

CHARACTER-DRIVEN CONFLICT

Meanwhile, Rick has delegated many of his at-home duties to lover Michonne (Danai Gurira), who has effortlessly and elegantly stepped into the role of a fair-but-firm co-leader poised to one day assume full control of Alexandria.

The katana-wielding warrior is dutifully developing a concise charter that will lay out rules for all to abide if they’re to operate side-by-side in this newly-forged makeshift society meant to give way to a better-than-before world — but their in-the-works future is at risk of crumbling before it can begin as result of the conflicts that come with trying to unite wildly different tribes, each possessing their own unique perspective of the increasingly decaying world around them and their own loudly-expressed ideas on developing the new world.

The Walking Dead is now a political drama viewed through the lens of a zombie apocalypse, turning greater focus to more complex character-driven conflict that is at its strongest since the Frank Darabont-led first season

COMPLICATED RELATIONSHIPS

While the survivors of this world gone bye have long been under threat of being torn apart by teeth or bullets, “fight the dead, fear the living” has given way to a danger more philosophical and challenging in nature: while characters do come to blows physically and weapons are readied, raised, and aimed, there’s a much greater — and far more interesting — focus on dealing with problems between people that can’t be solved by gun or knife or sword.

Tensions are at an all-time high as factions undergo a strife raised primarily by the withering Sanctuary, who rely on outside assistance for survival. A revolving door leadership sees Daryl, Michonne, and Kingdom “queen” Carol (Melissa McBride) oversee daily operations at the Sanctuary, which only widens the clear rift between Rick and a distant Daryl.

“It’s complicated,” Rick says of the strained relationship, hurt in part by Rick’s unilateral decision to spare Negan and Daryl’s resistance to the new status quo that sees the loner bowman now having to make nice with those he views undeserving of partaking in the future that Rick believes “belongs to all of us now.”

“Why do they get this future, and Glenn don’t? Or Abraham? Or Sasha?” Daryl argues, begrudgingly falling in line with imposed civility but characteristically acting out when the emotions on his sleeve get the better of him.

THE CALM BEFORE

Sides are chosen as all camps struggle to adapt to this new way of life to varying degrees, with dissension fueled by shit-stirrer Saviors Justin (Zach McGowan) and Jed (Rhys Coiro), forcing good-guy Saviors Alden (Callan McAuliffe) and Laura (Lindsley Register) to play peacemakers as they attempt to ensure the Sanctuary and its denizens are treated fairly

The Sanctuary has been wholly disarmed as part of an agreed-upon condition of their surrender, and while some have made peace and accepted their place in the scheme of things — trading fuel and labor in exchange for much-needed food and supplies from well-off communities like a built-up Hilltop — others feel dangerously disenfranchised, some still showing loyalty to he-who-must-not-be-named, who now acts as the Monster in the Basement of Alexandria.

That controversy boils over when a turn of events leaves the Saviors’ personal safety feeling threatened, leaving Rick and the other community heads having to quell a potential rebellion before it starts.

GENUINE HUMAN DRAMA

This is when The Walking Dead is at its best: when it raises hard-hitting philosophical questions and dilemmas with no easy answers before forcing the characters to answer those questions and make those decisions — and then subsequently living with, or paying for, the consequences of those choices.

With the world of The Walking Dead richer and more compelling than ever before, Season Nine delivers the kind of meaty and genuine human drama the show has lacked in recent seasons, trading the bombastic action of Season Eight’s All Out War and its accompanying melodrama for a taut and engaging storyline that is bolstered by natural, lifelike dialogue and anchored by strong, fleshed-out performances from its expansive cast — namely series veterans Lincoln, Reedus, McBride, Cohan, and Gurira, who spend more time together this front half-season than they have in recent runs.

A SATISFYING PAYOFF FOR COMMITTED VIEWERS

Rebuilt almost entirely from the ground up, the semi-rebooted new season delivers what longtime fans expect while bringing its own flourishes to Robert Kirkman’s comic book material that, more than ever, acts as more of a loose guideline — allowing the show to provide an all-new, all-different experience for comic book readers while remaining faithful to the spirit of the beloved comics.There’s at least one shock per episode — some big, others small, but enough to please or surprise dedicated viewers — returning The Walking Dead to its glory days where every episode was gripping and unpredictable.

NOT TOO FAR GONE

The world again feels lived-in and raw, bringing back the same horror-tinged realness the show had in its inaugural season under original showrunner Darabont. Now, under newly minted Season Nine showrunner Angela Kang — a veteran writer-producer on the series since its second season in 2011 — The Walking Dead feels like a brand new show, refreshed and rejuvenated to deliver extremely satisfying viewing for fans both new and old.As all sides try to build a future — for themselves, for their loved ones, for the generations to come — The Walking Dead has similarly course-corrected, making for a final run of episodes for exiting leading man Andrew Lincoln that could go down as some of the series’ best ever.

This front half-season includes a jaw-dropping third episode that delivers some of the finest mystery and drama the show has ever seen in its eight-year run, making for a Walking Dead that will again make you count down to Sunday nights.

A NEW BEGINNING

In building the community bridge and forging the charter, Michonne says the survivors “need to build something that’s bigger than any one of us.” And while the loss of lead Andrew Lincoln and his Rick Grimes seems unfathomable, this new direction for the show can weather the loss — it’s only a shame Lincoln, who has long tethered the show as its beating heart, steps away just as the series gets a much-needed refresher and is the best it’s been since Season Five.

“It’s not the end of the world anymore,” says undeterred optimist Aaron (Ross Marquand). “It’s the start of a whole new one.” The same is true for The Walking Dead, which gets its new beginning — and feels more alive than ever.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

“It’s not the end of the world anymore,” says undeterred optimist Aaron (Ross Marquand). “It’s the start of a whole new one.” The same is true for The Walking Dead, which gets its new beginning — and feels more alive than ever.

All of that sound great except...all this build up of a better world and in comes of course the next big bad. And we are back to lather, rinse, repeat. Build or take over, destroy, build, destr...I'm still skeptical in regards to the show.

• Love 4

From Comicbook,

AMC has officially released the full list of episode titles and writer and directing teams for the front half of The Walking Dead Season Nine.

Directing the Season Nine premiere is longtime special makeup effects guru-turned-director Greg Nicotero, who made his series directorial debut with Season Two episode “Judge, Jury, Executioner” in 2012.

Nicotero also helms the fifth episode of the season, “What Comes After,” penned by five-year veteran Matthew Negrete and executive producer and former five-season showrunner Scott Gimple. The episode will act as the sendoff for leading man Andrew Lincoln, who steps away from the role of Rick Grimes this season to spend more time with his young family.

Boarding the series is director Daisy Mayer, who helmed her first entry in the franchise in spinoff Fear The Walking Dead in the front half of its fourth season.

Also stepping behind the camera for his inaugural directing duty on the series is first-time director Michael Cudlitz, who previously starred as fan-favorite Abraham Ford between seasons Four and Seven. Cudlitz is just the actor-director to helm a Walking Dead episode, after Fear star Colman Domingo 

recently made his television directorial debut on that series’ Season Four episode “Weak.”

Michael E. Satrazemis, a series veteran of four years who helmed a quarter of Season Eight, returns to direct the mid-season finale, “Evolution,” scripted by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick, who has written for the show on-and-off since Season Two.

That tenure is on par with new Season Nine showrunner Angela Kang, who has served as a writer-producer on the series since its sophomore season in 2011. Kang pens the Nicotero-directed season premiere.

Other fresh faces this season include Vivian Tse, who joins the series with episode 907, and relative newcomer Eddie Guzelian, who wrote two Season Eight episodes.

901: “A NEW BEGINNING”

Kang writes the season premiere, her first episode as showrunner. Kang has scripted more than 25 episodes of The Walking Dead since Season Two, including Nicotero’s series directorial debut as well as fan-favorite Season Four finale “A,” which saw a savage Rick Grimes sink his teeth into Claimer leader Joe (Jeff Kober) when the marauder threatened Rick’s tight-knit family, including Carl (Chandler Riggs), Michonne (Danai Gurira) and Daryl (Norman Reedus).

Nicotero has directed nearly 30 episodes of the series, typically helming each season’s biggest episodes, namely season premieres and finales. It was Nicotero who steered acclaimed Season Five premiere “No Sanctuary,” which saw Rick and co. battle their way out of the cannibal den that was Terminus after one-woman-warrior Carol (Melissa McBride) infiltrated the enemy camp.

The director has also helmed other milestone episodes, including Season Six mid-season premiere “No Way Out” — where Alexandria banded together to slaughter an invading walker horde — and Season Six finale “Last Day on Earth,” the introduction of new big bad Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), and controversial Season Seven premiere “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be,” where Cudlitz’s Abraham and Glenn (Steven Yeun) were brutally executed by Negan’s beloved barbwire-wrapped baseball bat Lucille.

902: “THE BRIDGE”

David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick is an accomplished screenwriter, having penned horror hits Orphan and The Conjuring 2 as well as upcoming DC Films production Aquaman. Johnson-McGoldrick’s time with The Walking Dead extends back to Season Two, when he wrote Daryl-centric episode “Chupacabra.”

Other episodes on his resume as writer include “Some Guy” — which saw Kingdom leader King Ezekiel (Khary Payton) suffer devastating losses — and Season Eight mid-season finale “How It’s Gotta Be,” where Carl stepped up as interim Alexandrian leader before revealing an incurable walker bite he sustained earlier that season.

With more than 20 years as a film and television director, Daisy Mayer directed 1995 Parker Posey comedy Party Girl and 1998’s Madeline as well as episodes of hit television series Mad Men, Nurse Jackie, Shameless, Orange is the New Black, and Ray Donovan.

903: “WARNING SIGNS”

Corey Reed has scripted multiple episodes of crime drama Medium and has served as a writer on The Walking Dead since Season Five in 2014. He co-wrote “Four Walls and a Roof” with Kang, depicting the slaughter of Gareth (Andrew J. West) and the Termites, as well as Season Eight episode “The Key,” with co-writer Channing Powell, which introduced mysterious Hilltop benefactor Georgie (Jayne Atkinson) while Rick and Negan engaged in a vicious cat-and-mouse game that culminated with Rick setting fire to Lucille. Dan Liu, an editor on the series since Season Four, directs. “Warning Signs” marks just his second episode as director on the series, following Season Eight episode “Some Guy.”

904: “THE OBLIGED”

Geraldine Inoa scripts for Rosemary Rodriguez, who has directed episodes of Law & Order, Rescue Me, Criminal Minds, Hell on Wheels, Marvel’s Jessica Jones and a lengthy run on The Good Wife.Rodriguez is a relative newcomer to The Walking Dead, having directed Carl and Negan-centric Season Seven episode “Sing Me a Song” and Season Eight’s “The Damned,” which ended with the surprise return of ally-turned-foe Morales (Juan Gabriel Pareja).

905: “WHAT COMES AFTER”

What will prove to be one of the landmark episodes of both the season and the entire series is under the stewardship of director Nicotero and screenwriters Matthew Negrete & Scott Gimple.

Negrete previously scripted Season Five episode “Consumed,” which put the spotlight on Carol and Daryl as they searched for a kidnapped Beth (Emily Kinney), suspense-filled Season Six finale “Last Day on Earth,” Carl’s death episode, “Honor,” and Season Eight finale “Wrath,” which he co-wrote with Gimple and Kang. As writer, Gimple has written 22 episodes of The Walking Dead, including Season Two classics “Pretty Much Dead Already” and “18 Miles Out,” two episodes that heavily featured the antagonistic Shane Walsh (Jon Bernthal) — who makes his return this season by way of flashback or hallucination.

Gimple has also written such acclaimed episodes as “This Sorrowful Life,” Merle’s death episode, “The Grove,” where Carol famously executed a mentally-ill Lizzie (Brighton Sharbino), “No Sanctuary,” and the two-part “Last Day on Earth” and “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be.”

906: “WHO ARE YOU NOW”

906 marks Guzelian’s third episode of the series, following the Father Gabriel-heavy “Dead or Alive Or” and “Still Gotta Mean Something,” which teamed up Rick and longtime ally Morgan (Lennie James) one last time and saw the pair ruthlessly execute a squad of surrendering Saviors Larry Teng, a longtime television director, with credits on Arrow, NCIS: Los Angeles, Elementary, and Supergirl, directs his second episode on the series. He joined last season with “Time for After.”

907: “STRADIVARIUS”

First-time series writer Vivian Tse joins alongside Cudlitz in his directorial debut.

908: “EVOLUTION”

Johnson-McGoldrick scripts for Satrazemis, who made his series debut in 2014 with standout episode “The Grove.” Other significant episodes include Season Six mid-season finale and nail-biter “Start to Finish,” which saw Alexandria penetrated by a horde of walkers, and that season’s penultimate episode, “East,” which set up the Michonne, Glenn and Daryl’s capture at the hands of the Saviors.

Satrazemis also boarded Fear this season as a director-producer, directing five episodes this season, including its upcoming Season Four finale, ‘Lose Myself.’

• Love 1

“This was released yesterday, as of yet I can’t find a version non US citizens can watch”

I found one and here it is,

”Thing is you changed em Rick”, ain’t that the damn truth!

Edited by OoohMaggie

While I can't blame Maggie for hanging The Weasel after what he tried to do, I'm sorry he'll be gone.

If I don't see some more carnage this season, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.   And by the way, the thought of Carol And Ezekiel together just makes me wanna barf.

• Love 2
On 9/21/2018 at 7:23 AM, OoohMaggie said:

The long-running zombie drama gets a whole new beginning as The Walking Dead is back to being can’t-miss, must-see TV with Season Nine.

Just three episodes into Season Nine, The Walking Dead is back to being the best show on television.

This actually sounds like it is a good step for the show.  And Rick, wanting to re-build community and not being constantly at war other groups makes so much sense.  And I think i'd be a lot more optimistic if Andy were staying and Carl were still alive and we knew Negan would die.

Instead the show has irrevocably tainted this development.  I don't know if I could enjoy it knowing that this 'new beginning' has been bought on the back of three seasons on absolute character assassination and unnecessary shock value deaths. 

Fact of the matter is, Andrew Lincoln is leaving.  And God love him, but neither Normal Reedus nor the character of Daryl has the necessary heft to fill those shoes especially given the fact that the only characters that'll be left by the time the season ends that are in any way recognizable or have any real audience investment left will be Carol, Darryl and Michonne.  So that is a lot of heavy lifting.  Everyone else are paperweights.  And who the fuck is Earl anyway?

And I finally, I just don't trust these writers/producers.  At all.  They've talked a good game before and we've gotten stuck with the people like Jadis anf the plot armor villain that is Negan.  So no.  It is hard to feel that this will be back to being the best show on television.

• Love 4
On 9/21/2018 at 3:36 PM, Nashville said:

Either this season’s going to be a lot better than I expected it to be, or whoever wrote this deserves a raise.  :>

Lucy holding a football comes to mind.  Burn me once, shame on you, burn me 9 times, shame on me.  Lol

12 hours ago, Nashville said:

Someone we haven’t seen yet.

He's at least as important as Neil.

• Love 5
On 9/22/2018 at 12:01 PM, Anela said:

Who is Earl?

A blacksmith in comic, easygoing guy. But it looks like they’re making Earl the Morton (?) character from comics. Wife is Tammy. 

Its their son that is bitten, and he wants revenge.

Earl earlcast-1024x576.jpg

• Love 1
On 9/21/2018 at 7:23 AM, OoohMaggie said:

I'm sorry, but I kind of chuckle every time I see a writer claim that ALL of S9 will be good after only viewing 3 episodes of the show.  I have no problem believing that the first 3-5 episodes are very good because the concentration will be on the core cast. I even believe that the first couple of episodes after Rick dies or disappears will be good too, as I suspect they will probably still be centered on characters like Michonne, and Daryl, and Carol. It's when the show begins to expand outside of familiar characters that I expect the show to dive off a cliff.  Of course fans will enjoy watching characters we already love, but can the writers make the GA care about Henry and Lydia, random Saviors and Earl's wife, Tammy? That's the real question.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Offreddish said:

A blacksmith in comic, easygoing guy. But it looks like they’re making Earl the Morton (?) character from comics. Wife is Tammy. 

Its their son that is bitten, and he wants revenge.

Earl earlcast-1024x576.jpg

Thank you. I haven't read the comics, but I google to find things out, so I will do that tomorrow. :)

• Love 1

Taken from ‘5 reasons to watch S9’ on Comicbook.com

"This season's all really been about going back to what made The Walking Deadgreat when we first started watching the show," Nicotero said. "I feel like it's very much back to the DNA that we love. The first episode, all of the scenes that I shot that it's like Daryl and Carol, and Daryl and Maggie. They're all isolated. There's nobody else in those frames. I wanted you to be leaning in and listening to everything that they're saying because they say more than two or three f---ing things. They have real conversations. Conversations that you give a s--- about. You're like,'“Oh, that's what Rick is feeling. That's what Daryl's feeling.' They're actually talking. It's the first time we've done that in a long time where there's not those little ellipses of dot, dot, dot and you leave it hanging out there."

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/09/24/five-reasons-to-watch-the-walking-dead-season-9/

• Love 2
On 9/21/2018 at 6:56 AM, OoohMaggie said:

This was released yesterday, as of yet I can’t find a version non US citizens can watch.

FWIW, I can view all of the clips here in Canada.

"Beyond that, it looks like Daryl is getting a dog."  No. Oh hellz no. No to the gazillionth degree. So I get to spend the season waiting for something truly terrible to happen to the poor pupper. And you know it will, because Daryl hasn't had anything to cry over in a while. Damn it, show!

I was shocked to read that Andy is leaving in ep 5. I just assumed that he'd be in it for the complete front half. I'm going to miss him, and I'm really going to miss Rick, as crazy-making as that character could get. He may not have been the most consistently written character, but damn we got to see a lot of different sides to him because of that, and Andrew Lincoln was up to every zig-zag they gave to him.

Edited by maystone
  • Love 5

That opening gives me hope. I will be watching until Rick's death at least. Btw, Andy is returning to direct an episode in season 10 so he will be back.

ETA: I forgot to add the "to direct" bit.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Outlander, Crazy Ex, Lethal Weapon, Conners, AHS: Apocalypse, Chicago Med and More
By Michael Ausiello / September 25 2018,
https://tvline.com/2018/09/25/chicago-med-colin-donnell-leaving-connor-rhodes-season-4/

Question: Walking Dead, Season 9… go! — Bernd
Ausiello:
Though Ezekiel in Season 8 lost not only Shiva but half of his subjects, don’t expect the king to drop his regal bearing. “There is a little bit more to the zookeeper” than his majestic posturing, the Dead franchise’s CCO Scott Gimple recently told TVLine. “You can’t take too much royalness away from him. Khary Payton exudes it! He’s just undeniably royal.” (For more on The Walking Dead, see ThisAAndThat below).
This AAnd That…
- THE WALKING DEAD: Our resident Dead-capper Charlie Mason has screened Season 9’s first three episodes and happily reports that, under new showrunner Angela Kang, there’s a renewed focus on the core characters and, better still, the AMC drama is actually playing the key relationships that were backburnered during the war with the Saviors. Add to the mix a couple of new mysteries and more romance than we’ve seen since Maggie was widowed, and it would seem there’s still a lot of life in the undead.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
On 5/29/2018 at 6:19 PM, TVFan17 said:

I don't want Rick's death to be a wimpy, anticlimactic death (like some of the show's deaths have been), or, worse yet, something that happens mostly off camera.     I want it to make us all cry -- or at least feel sad.

Oh, I'll be crying, all right...tears of joy, that is, I HATE Rick.  The only thing that will make me sad is that I will miss the narrator snarking on "Ricky G" on those "The Most Ridiculous Things From The Walking Dead" recaps.

• Love 2