Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Gimple has mastered the art of talking in circles and saying absolutely nothing of substance. 

“This is very much The Walking Dead’s Morgan story. But it’s just, at its conclusion, where he was at really opened the door emotionally for him to enter the world of Fear.”  No kidding.  I'm sure ruining the mother show opened the door emotionally.  Might as well go to Fear, what difference does it make now?

17 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

I dunno if I have it in me anymore, Angela.  Something broke inside of me when I read that they were going to taunt us with a 20 foot tall Negan--smirking, leaning and rhapsodizing about his bodily functions on the screens of all 750 AMC theaters for the S8 finale.  That might have been the point where such breathtaking Ozymandias levels of unbridled hubris kilt me dead.  We shall see.  

Perhaps they want to tempt us into thinking we would get to see Rick kill Negan in 20 feet of glory.  But I'm pretty sure it's going to look more like this:

charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

• Love 5
On 3/16/2018 at 11:42 AM, peach said:

Danai is an award winning playwright.  Can you imagine what she and Andy must talk about in private?  lol 

I saw 'Eclipsed' during its run at the Public Theatre.  It was amazing, truly a life-changing experience.  One of the themes was what happens in a society when all the rules are gone, especially to women and children, the most vulnerable.  If there was anyone at TWD or AMC who had the slightest lick of sense, they would have begged Danai (the author of a Tony-award winning play) to help them out with the writing.  This was before 'Black Panther'.  Now, it's too late.  Considering what Gimple and his pals have done to Michonne (and Carl), I can't imagine that Danai has too many fucks to give about TWD.  And the head of Disney recently said that he thought a spin-off film about Okoye would be a good idea.  TWD needs Danai WAAAAAAAAAY more than she needs them.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

Something broke inside of me when I read that they were going to taunt us with a 20 foot tall Negan--smirking, leaning and rhapsodizing about his bodily functions on the screens of all 750 AMC theaters for the S8 finale. 

What is this of which you speak? What? Giant screen TWD? I am speechless and can say no more, except what's next? IMAX Negan doing pelvic thrusts in 3D?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I saw 'Eclipsed' during its run at the Public Theatre.  It was amazing, truly a life-changing experience.  One of the themes was what happens in a society when all the rules are gone, especially to women and children, the most vulnerable.  If there was anyone at TWD or AMC who had the slightest lick of sense, they would have begged Danai (the author of a Tony-award winning play) to help them out with the writing. 

Lucky you! I remember an interview clip she did about the episode where they ignored the guy with the orange backpack, and it was very thoughtful and intelligent, about how this occurs every day in modern times, and the things one sees in Africa, for instance, the overwhelming need, but you just have to drive on, you can't do anything about it really.  Maybe the terrible writing of TWD helped inspire her to write something great.  Seriously.  Maybe its awfulness serves a higher purpose, lol.

6 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I Considering what Gimple and his pals have done to Michonne (and Carl), I can't imagine that Danai has too many fucks to give about TWD.  And the head of Disney recently said that he thought a spin-off film about Okoye would be a good idea.  TWD needs Danai WAAAAAAAAAY more than she needs them.

No doubt.  And I think it's also about what they did to Chandler IRL, not just Carl.  Now she has to go search for mysterious phonograph strangers after burying her best friend/son.  It must be trying.  But at least we know who Danai is because of this idiot show.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

I dunno if I have it in me anymore, Angela.  Something broke inside of me when I read that they were going to taunt us with a 20 foot tall Negan--smirking, leaning and rhapsodizing about his bodily functions on the screens of all 750 AMC theaters for the S8 finale.  That might have been the point where such breathtaking Ozymandias levels of unbridled hubris kilt me dead.  We shall see.  

Ugh. I hadn't heard about that. 

Ozymandias. I should watch Breaking Bad again. I miss that show. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Everything we've seen lately - all the gimmicky groups, incredible human feats, etc., are pure comic book or cartoon where such things (like superheroes) are just fine. In live-action drama they just do not work, IMO.

I think the gimmicky little communities and their eye-rolling quirks is a large part of why I just can't with this show anymore.  And I think it is why I look back fondly to Woodbury and the early days of Alexandria.  Those types of communities make sense.  People trying hard to create an little enclave of normalcy and cling to a strong leader who gives them that normalcy.  Or in the case of the governor, the veneer of normalcy. I can even kind of understand Terminus and place that starts out with good intentions and because people are savage things just slide into awful.  But the Garbage Pail kids and The Kingdom are just dumb.  Not dramatic enough I guess for them to come across a small band like kinda like CDB was themselves in the early days.

• Love 5

Negan is going to go to war with Simon and some of the Saviors for killing all the GPK.

Since Simon wants to "expunge" everyone at the hilltop, then Negan could become their ally!

See Negan isn't so bad!

Rick is going to make him godfather to Judith!

Ugh!!!!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Negan is going to go to war with Simon and some of the Saviors for killing all the GPK.

Since Simon wants to "expunge" everyone at the hilltop, then Negan could become their ally!

See Negan isn't so bad!

Ugh!!!!!

Over Maggie's dead body! :))

• Love 1
3 hours ago, scrb said:

Doubtful, so far as the subordinate Saviors are concerned.  They weren’t in the room when Negan gave Simon his marching orders, so they couldn’t realistically be expected to have any notion of the fact Simon’s orders directly contradicted Negan’s expressly stated wishes.  On this incident, Simon is out there on his own.

Edited by Nashville
Conan the Grammarian strikes again!!!
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, scrb said:

Well, it pains me to admit it, but from what we saw, Negan was a better and more attentive Daddy to Judith than Rick has ever been. I really don't think Judith knows who Rick is.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, it pains me to admit it, but from what we saw, Negan was a better and more attentive Daddy to Judith than Rick has ever been. I really don't think Judith knows who Rick is.

You’re not wrong, but the little girl who plays Judith sure likes Uncle Andy Lincoln. Did you see that smile she gave him when Daryl handed her to Rick? Highlight of the episode for me.

• Love 4

From Zap2it:

13  Do Not Send Us Astray
SEASON 8, EPISODE 13  AIRING MAR 25, 2018

Trouble arises when unexpected visitors arrive at the Hilltop and the community is thrust into action; heartbreaking discoveries are made.

14  Still Gotta Mean Something
SEASON 8, EPISODE 14  AIRING APR 01, 2018

A Heaps prisoner makes a discovery; Carol searches for someone in the nearby forest; Rick and Morgan find themselves in the company of strangers.

15  Worth
SEASON 8, EPISODE 15  AIRING APR 08, 2018

With the threat of the Saviors still looming, Aaron continues searching for allies; Daryl and Rosita take action and confront an old friend.

16  Wrath
SEASON 8, EPISODE 16  AIRING APR 15, 2018

The communities join forces in the last stand against the Saviors as all-out war unfolds.

https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH01324002&tmsId=SH013240020000&from=sl&aid=gapzap

Edited by tv echo

So I have to wait until episode 14 to watch again? If the one Carol searches for is Henry, she better make him look at the flowers while in the forest. Enough with Carol being saddled with weirdo and psycho kids.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

16  Wrath
SEASON 8, EPISODE 16  AIRING APR 15, 2018

The communities join forces in the last stand against the Saviors as all-out war unfolds.

Wait.  Haven't we been down this road before?  

• Love 7

It may not happen this season, but I fear that Maggie will have a miscarriage in a very special episode. Mainly because this show has no clue as to how to handle children. Either that or, if her pilot is picked up, she'll die in childbirth.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mandolin said:

Think we will start next season with a time jump?

They need time to build an aqueduct.  Maybe next season they can start on a cathedral.

• Love 7

I just hope we don't again start with Extreme Closeups. That shit is getting very old. TPTB, please stop thinking you are Fellinis. You are not. Trust me on that.

11 hours ago, tv echo said:

as all-out war unfolds.

"All-out war." Omfg - "unfolds"? What does that mean? More Rick and Negan playing hide-n-seek, Demolition Derby and "I can't hit the broad side of a barn even with an automatic weapon"? More of a 50-year old man with a weird fetish for a baseball bat? Simply 'epic'!

Really, I shouldn't compare these writers to high school boys. I'm sure the kids could write better stuff than this.

• Love 1

I just finished the last two installments of the comics and Georgie, aka, Marion the Librarian (and I am a librarian), aka Martha Stewart of the ZA is definitely from the Commonwealth. That's a positive prospering community/ city that in the comics had food, water, education, sustainable living and yeah... Georgie  and company are the Jehovah Witness/ Morman missionary showing up on your doorstep.

To me, this means the new show runner and everyone else involved is ready to shoot ahead to a much more positive future. I hope they still explore the Whispers at the same time, kinda meld them. I would be okay though if we just went into a more peaceful time of rebuilding.. Maybe they've heard our dismay. Sadly, Negan is still around at this time. Lot's of plot twists that will be lost and need to be explained in one way or another.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Gobi said:

It may not happen this season, but I fear that Maggie will have a miscarriage in a very special episode. Mainly because this show has no clue as to how to handle children. Either that or, if her pilot is picked up, she'll die in childbirth.

Same here.  I'm fully expecting Maggie to pass, with Rosita stepping in as her series analogue.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AllyS said:

I just finished the last two installments of the comics and Georgie, aka, Marion the Librarian (and I am a librarian), aka Martha Stewart of the ZA is definitely from the Commonwealth. That's a positive prospering community/ city that in the comics had food, water, education, sustainable living and yeah... Georgie  and company are the Jehovah Witness/ Morman missionary showing up on your doorstep.

To me, this means the new show runner and everyone else involved is ready to shoot ahead to a much more positive future. I hope they still explore the Whispers at the same time, kinda meld them. I would be okay though if we just went into a more peaceful time of rebuilding.. Maybe they've heard our dismay. Sadly, Negan is still around at this time. Lot's of plot twists that will be lost and need to be explained in one way or another.

Thing is, a sustained peace won't necessarily be good for the show either.  Lack of battles might alienate some viewers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm tired of the wars with different survivor groups, all with gimmicky identities.

But if the show becomes about rebuilding civilization and learning to live in this new world, that would get old too.  It would be like a modern day Gilligan's Island, with the Professors rigging up all kinds of contraptions which are facsimiles of modern conveniences.

They could have pockets of civilization, with hordes of walkers in the wide spaces between these pockets and if they mastered self-sufficiency with food and energy production, they would never have to venture out of these bubbles and deal with walkers.

Or they could look at connecting with other groups who've also reestablished civilizations and then find some molecular biologists to eradicate walkerisis, the condition.  But then that would show a clear path to the end of the show and if the show has an endgame, then it might be difficult to continue selling comics after the show ends.  And you know who will never have that.

• Love 1

I searched for the commonwealth, and someone said they're the new big bad? But people here are talking about peace. I haven't read the links yet, just scrolled down the page of search results. 

I don't know why they had to kill Carl. They could have made "all out war" a little faster, and then moved on with whatever came next. They also should have skipped their own garbage pail kids, and just stuck with the story, to move it along. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Gobi said:

Based on how the timeline moves, she won't be giving birth until season 23.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, scrb said:

Thing is, a sustained peace won't necessarily be good for the show either.  Lack of battles might alienate some viewers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm tired of the wars with different survivor groups, all with gimmicky identities.

But if the show becomes about rebuilding civilization and learning to live in this new world, that would get old too.  It would be like a modern day Gilligan's Island, with the Professors rigging up all kinds of contraptions which are facsimiles of modern conveniences.

But then what's the point of the show if it's not to rebuild and continue the species? The whole point of settling down somewhere is to establish a new society in the ruins of what's left of the world. One where children can grow up and in turn have children themselves. Eventually for humans to repopulate the earth. However the show keeps having Rick & Co. destroy every community they come across. And they always kill off the children. The saying 'the children are our future' is never more apt then when we are faced with an extinction event. So the show won't let them have a stable community and it kills off all the children. Then what is the freaking point of the show?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Based on how the timeline moves, she won't be giving birth until season 23.

In reading that, just the thought of 15 more seasons of the current writing dreck froze the blood in my veins....

Just now, Smad said:

But then what's the point of the show if it's not to rebuild and continue the species? 

To kill naked zombies and make nutsack references.  Haven’t you been paying attention?  ;>

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Smad said:

But then what's the point of the show if it's not to rebuild and continue the species?

That is not the point. The point is to constantly come up with newer and more gross ways to kill increasingly gross zombies - the more guts and gore, the better - and new opportunities for Negan to mention his privates and narrowly escape death at the hands of the increasingly dumb and incompetent Rick. I see nothing else lately but maybe it's just me.

I didn't even see the naked zombie that's being talked about, but did see the pic. I guess the naughty bits rot off first.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Nashville said:

To kill naked zombies and make nutsack references.  Haven’t you been paying attention?  ;>

10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

That is not the point. The point is to constantly come up with newer and more gross ways to kill increasingly gross zombies - the more guts and gore, the better - and new opportunities for Negan to mention his privates and narrowly escape death at the hands of the increasingly dumb and incompetent Rick. I see nothing else lately but maybe it's just me.

I didn't even see the naked zombie that's being talked about, but did see the pic. I guess the naughty bits rot off first.

See now, I skipped a lot of S7 and 8 so the whole 'zombie and nutsack' thing being what the show is about now probably escaped me.

4 hours ago, Smad said:

the whole 'zombie and nutsack' thing being what the show is about now probably escaped me.

You mean you escaped it. Very smart of you. I wish I had escaped, but I didn't so have only myself to blame.

12 hours ago, peach said:

Oh, Norman, you tease.

Never mind that. Read the comments. Way better than this show.

e.g.

The finale will have Rick flying a B-52 and dropping 3 nuclear bombs at Negan. Unfortunately, Rick misses. Maybe he'll have better luck in season 9.

• Love 5
On 3/20/2018 at 10:53 PM, Nashville said:

Same here.  I'm fully expecting Maggie to pass, with Rosita stepping in as her series analogue.

God I hope so.  I can get behind an expanded role for Rosita.  

• Love 1

From TSDF Army

Q&A Episode 8.13 “Do Not Send Us Astray.” 

Who is Carol talking to in the promo and what is their conversation about?

She is talking to Tobin in the infirmary after he has been stabbed during the Hilltop battle. They discuss why she left Alexandria and how she just didn't want to fight and kill anymore. Tobin then asks her if she'll stay after the war with the Saviors is over, and she says she doesn't know. She also says that even after the Saviors are gone, there will always be fighting and it'll never stop. Defeating the Saviors won’t give them peace, it will just buy them another day.

Does Dwight shoot Tara with an arrow? How does that scene play out?

Yes, he does. Tara is on the ground and Simon is about to take a shot at her. Dwight runs up and shoots her himself.

Later, Tara is left wondering if she is going to die from her injury. However, she comes to terms with it and says that "Karma's a bitch" because she boxed Dwight in and tried to kill him, even when he only wanted to help.

Sidenote: TSDF is ASSUMING based on other information we’ve heard that the arrow Tara is struck with is “untainted” and she will survive. However, this source mentioned that the episode leaves her fate hanging in the air.

Who dies in this episode and how?

Several Hilltop redshirts and also Tobin, who dies after being stabbed with a tainted knife. The Kingdom doctor is also killed after she's attacked by a reanimated Tobin. Several Saviors are killed in the fight as well.

How does the battle at Hilltop end?

It ends with the people at the Hilltop getting the upper hand on Simon and the Saviors, and they high-tail it outta there like a bunch of cowards. At this time, no one knows about the tainted weapons until people start dying and reanimating in the middle of the night.

Does Jesus do anything memorable in this episode?

No, not really. He's in the episode and helps in the battle but doesn't do much else.

Where does Jadis take Negan?

Negan and Jadis aren't in this episode.

Does anyone on Team Negan find out Dwight is on Rick’s side?

No.

Does this episode feature anything else besides the battle at the Hilltop?

No. Just the battle and then he aftermath with the injured dying and reanimating towards the end.

How does the episode end?

It ends with Maggie looking over all of the new graves (probably close to 20) and wondering whether all of this is worth the huge "cost."

BONUS:
Rick is cut by a random Savior and left wondering if he will also suffer the same fate as the others who were injured and turned.

Between traveling and family stuff this week I still haven't mustered up any enthusiasm to get around to watching the last episode, and having this bearing down on me isn't proving to be much of an inducement to do that.  But farewell, last of the ASZers we even knew the names of that Rick's management hadn't gotten killed yet.

• Love 1

If tainted weapons killed people, they all would have died a long time ago.  Not having protection from possible reanimation of injured people is also gross negligence, as it already was when they lived in the prison.  This is just stupid on top of stupid.  I kinda liked Tobin.  Oh, well. 

The only good part sounds like Tara getting shot by an arrow.  Too bad it wasn't thru her brain so nobody has to listen to her talk about it.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, peach said:

If tainted weapons killed people, they all would have died a long time ago.  Not having protection from possible reanimation of injured people is also gross negligence, as it already was when they lived in the prison.  This is just stupid on top of stupid.  I kinda liked Tobin.  Oh, well. 

You say that like continuity is a desirable thing or something....  :P

1 hour ago, peach said:

The only good part sounds like Tara getting shot by an arrow.  Too bad it wasn't thru her brain so nobody has to listen to her talk about it.

Shucks.

I’d REALLY like Tara and Denise to have one last thing in common they could share together for all eternity.

Getting an arrow from Dwight through the brain, that is.

Really, I would.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Q&A Episode 8.13 “Do Not Send Us Astray.” 

Okay, so we know everything that's going to happen? Is there a point in giving us yet more reason to not watch?

Tainted weapons? Okay, someone's got a lot of 'splaining to do.

3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Negan and Jadis aren't in this episode.

Something for which to be thankful, I guess. Two of the worst irritants out of sight.

• Love 4

Yep.  If we're NOW going for any weapon rubbed up against walker bits is thus infected, that's a whole lot of hand waving of whole seasons after the first one of these people acting like walker goo is just a less visually attractive version of Pond's cold cream and smearing it everywhere or letting it fly.  We've seen Glenn and Maggie treat it almost like an aphrodisiac rather any kind of mood killer and Sasha slice into Abraham with the same blade she sliced up a few in their road warrior days.  Daryl has yanked arrows out corpses he shot and immediately stuck them in his mouth, for Pete's sake.  Actually, now that I think about it that actually might explain his increasingly unkempt appearance the last three-four seasons.  Maybe we'll get the eventual reveal that he's some kind of monosyllabic hybrid.

I liked Tobin too in a second string character kind of way.  He was a decent person who was under no grand illusions about playing hero.  But if he was cast in the role of asking when Carol was going to come home and play happy homemaker again, of course he had to go.  No one gets to have that on this show.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, I remember that episode well, because it caused much consternation and suspense as to what would happen to Rick with that cut.  And nothing happened.  Nothing.  I HATE THIS SHOW.  I swear the people writing it now have never watched it before this year.

The only thing that I am curious about for the upcoming episode is how much damage is caused by the POW's that the Pacifist Du Jour made them keep, and if he has to take any heat for it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, so we know everything that's going to happen? Is there a point in giving us yet more reason to not watch?

This, in quadruple spades. ♠️ ♠️ ♠️♠️    

I see next to zero possibility of squaring this “newfound” vulnerability with every potential exposure-infection scenario we’ve been shown over the past SEVEN AND A HALF YEARS!!! - about the only exceptions being if TPTB are...

1. Positing a recent mutation of the Z Virus which increases its virulence, and allows transmission across simple body fluid contacts - kinda like AIDS, but without the sex. *   There’s a little bit of backing for this in canon past, going back to the Prison fever story line; granted the bleeding-eyes flu impacted humans rather than zombies, but it’s still indication of a healthy and robust virus mutation process remaining active in the ZA.
  2. Resurrecting an old O. Henry chestnut of a theory: Rick has been part-zombie - or a zombie mutation himself - since the start of the ZA.  This’un goes all the way back to the pilot episode, when viewers (who were still young and naive and hadn’t yet learned how logic was an incidental casualty of the ZA) tried rationalizing how a bedridden and comatose Rick could survive TWO MONTHS without food and water - before emerging from his coma without so much as a bedsore.

* Hopefully.  You never know when Rule 34 may strike again, though....

• Love 3

If they get stabbed or shot with an arrow, they night die from blood loss, shock or have problems with infection.

They don't need walker flu or whatever.

I thought Simon wanted to "expunge" the Hilltop, not turn a few into walkers like Negan wanted.

Why not use bullets?  After all Eugene and his crew must have made a few hundred thousand rounds by now.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, scrb said:

If they get stabbed or shot with an arrow, they night die from blood loss, shock or have problems with infection.

Everyone should have to sleep behind a closed door or with their shoelaces tied together.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, peach said:

Everyone should have to sleep behind a closed door or with their shoelaces tied together.

The jail really should have been the perfect location.  Everyone just locks themselves in at night and in the morning picks up the key and unlocks the door if they didn't turn.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, rab01 said:

The jail really should have been the perfect location.  Everyone just locks themselves in at night and in the morning picks up the key and unlocks the door if they didn't turn.

I expect lack of functional in-cell plumbing may have been an issue there....

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I expect lack of functional in-cell plumbing may have been an issue there....

Why? Just lock and unlock your own door by reaching around the bars for as long as you have a mind functional enough to work a key ...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rab01 said:

Why? Just lock and unlock your own door by reaching around the bars for as long as you have a mind functional enough to work a key ...

I always figured they could just tie it shut with a cloth or bungee cord or something.  Anything that a zombie wouldn't open.  But, no, they just left everything wide open.  I guess like they must do in the infirmary with injured people. 

• Love 1