Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

We will probably never know the real reason why Riggs got canned, but I wouldn't assume that it was all on Gimple.  I am no Gimple fan, but I think there is far more to the story.

https://blindgossip.com/child-stars-dad-causing-problems/

AMC probably dropped that little nugget to place blame on the victim.  A lot of blinds come from people with ulterior motives to set a narrative.  It was a terrible decision even if Chandler's dad IS annoying.

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Rick is indeed not perfect, and nor should he ever be made out to be so, I think most of us agree with you about what they have done to him over the recent seasons. From his sudden inability to shoot straight, to his ludicrous decision making, it has been painful to watch what has happened to such a strong, pivotal character. How many of our favourite characters have been made to look like complete idiots though? Pretty much all of them at one point or another, our characters can only reflect the quality of writing and direction that they are given, which we all know can be woeful at times, more times than than is acceptable for a show that so many of us have stuck with since the beginning.

I was thinking about this today, and also the fact that most of our favorite and courageous characters are given demoralizing deaths.  I don't get it.  Yes, it's an apocalypse show, and people die, and "nobody's safe."  But nobody get's a hero's death, either.  It's always something demeaning like the Governor beheading Herschel, or Negan beating Glenn's head in while he's on his knees, or CARL MOFO GRIMES slipping and getting bit by a garden variety zombie.  It just sucks.  Merle is the only character I can think of who went out in a "heroic" fashion, sacrificing himself to save the good guys.  Now I see headlines that say things like "is this the beginning of Rick's downfall?"  Well, I don't want to see that.  Why does it have to be his downfall?  Which they are basing on the ruination of Carl's character and stupid death. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, peach said:

Merle is the only character I can think of who went out in a "heroic" fashion, sacrificing himself to save the good guys.  Now I see headlines that say things like "is this the beginning of Rick's downfall?"  Well, I don't want to see that.  Why does it have to be his downfall?  Which they are basing on the ruination of Carl's character and stupid death. 

I would even debate Merle; the stupid Governor stabbed him, and that guy was a chump IMO, though at least he could fight zombies.

ITA with your post though.  Why does it have to be a downfall?  Why did Carl have to go the way he did (or at all)?  We complain a lot about the writers stinking up the place and they must be doing this on purpose, not because they think it's so awesome.  They are setting up JDM/Negan to be the star of the show I think.

I read online that Rick has two more eps - this week and the week after - and there's speculation that Jadis will have him shipped off as an "A".  

Rick was set up from day 1 as a fighter, devoted to his family trying to keep his ideals/values.  He slipped up, contradicted himself, screwed up and all that, just like everyone else but usually tried his best.   I actually don't mind Rick trying to make peace with his enemies if the writers had allowed him to kill Negan - there is NO REASON that character should be alive, except Gimple and whomever wants him around.  Except for Negan being alive, I would argue that Make Peace Rick is more true to who he is than Murder Coat Rick, as much as I love Murder Coat Rick.

I'm at the point where everyone is annoying except Jerry, Michonne and Carol/Zeke.   Everyone's on the Daryl train but I just want Rick to punch him in his greasy face.  I'm tired of Maggie's miserable expression (though she'll be gone too).  I can't even guess what's next for Michonne when Rick goes.

I may be too tired of the show as a whole to hang in there after Rick is gone; except to mock, I guess.  From everything I've seen on line, the ratings are tanking. 

• Love 8

Merle sacrificed himself, which is heroic enough I guess.  But the Governor still left him to turn and be found by his brother, which the show has long established is the complete opposite of respectful.   I will forever maintain that it would have been better for Glenn to go out being overrun futilely trying to save an idiot than implausibly keeping him alive through Dumpstergate only to later die on his knees after being talked into betraying his own ideals.

Basically, I'm just hoping for an ending for Rick that makes sense for the character and doesn't involve him tripping on his own dick or accidentally shooting himself in service of Chatty Cathy.  I've also seen some of the speculating on spoiler sites that he'll be double crossed by Jadis/Anne yet again and shipped out to the helicopter guys as an "A," whatever the hell that is, which would definitely fall under the tripping over his dick on the way out the door sort of exit.  For all my general grousing about Rick's sometimes questionable decision making and sliding scale of sanity, I have a residual fondness for the guy and would really rather he get better than that.  At least most of what I've read on Maggie's impending exit is that it will be left open-ended, so hopefully we'll be spared the spectacle of these two legacy characters killing each other other stupidly over their pet Fonzie.

I wonder too how invested any of the longterm fan base is going to be able to be after this.  I like the characters I like and am generally content to snark on the rest.  But with the exception of Ezekiel and Jerry, who has the show even built up in seasons to step into the gap these characters will be leaving?  The mostly nameless hordes from the different communities most of us can't even identify without the WD Wiki?

• Love 4

People have been complaining about the lame story lines for 2 or 3 seasons. Remember when this show was so__ popular,  it had forums on fire. Nowadays ,  it's just  a shell of it's former self. Raven is right,  the ratings are tanking.  After killing off so many of the characters we liked , this is where we're at.   Like many series, people will look to the day that it comes to a close to put it out of it's misery.

Edited by One4Sorrow2TooBad
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, raven said:

Everyone's on the Daryl train but I just want Rick to punch him in his greasy face.  I'm tired of Maggie's miserable expression (though she'll be gone too). 

well said... especially regarding Daryl. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, peach said:

Merle is the only character I can think of who went out in a "heroic" fashion, sacrificing himself to save the good guys.

I have to stand up for my man TDog here, although he had recently received a terminal bite, he held the Walkers back with his hands long enough for Carol to escape, he was subsequently eaten by said Walkers. That’s heroic in my book.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 10

Deep breath.  So this is what TSDF Army is running with:

We have an update to share regarding Rick’s “situation.” Months ago we originally heard Rick would meet his demise in episode 5. Sources stated that Rick would lead a herd away and get thrown off of his horse, land on a piece of rebar and be impaled. We were originally told that he would bleed out. Then came the fuckery. Hints that maybe this wasn't true - wrong episode - open ended. But alas, it's coming together. We CAN now CONFIRM that original info is true. Rick will be surrounded by walkers, fall off his horse and become impaled by a piece of rebar/pipe in episode 4 (not 5). So our original information is accurate.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Now, at this point Rick’s situation looks fatal. We expect episode 5 to be pretty trippy with hallucinations and flashbacks as a part of Rick’s sendoff. We expect to see Shane, Hershel and Sasha at a minimum. However, we can’t ignore that we were also told that Rick’s situation would indeed look fatal and hopeless just like this, and then something would happen that leaves Rick’s fate more open-ended. Will it involve the helicopter people? We have no idea. All we will see is Rick losing consciousness at the end of episode four. (Did these people not learn their lesson about cliffhangers?)

Anyhoo - don't be holding your breath for ANY information to come out about episode 5. Just know we'll get those hallucinations. How it ends before our next time jump is anyone's guess. If we learn more, we'll share. Buckle up, buttercups. We’re in for a wild ride!

If true, that would indeed be a stepping on his own dick kind of ending, although I suppose they think there's some kind of poetic full circle happening if Rick is somehow taken out by the construction of the bridge he's been trying so hard to will into being.

• Love 1

I think the helicopter will come into play. We will see what appears to be a dead, or soon-to-be-dead, Rick Grimes being loaded unto a helicopter by men wearing white haz-mat suits. And that's it. No one else will see it. Someone, or many, will have seen the bad shape Rick was in, and they'll hunt for him, and maybe they'll find his horse who's been (again!) chewed upon by Walkers. Maybe they'll find his gun. ANd they'll figure that Rick is now inside hundreds of Walkers' stomachs. Meanwhile, he's being flown to .... where? At the same time TPTB are desperately hoping Andrew Lincoln gets bored staying at home. It's Glenn under the dumpster, but it all comes down to money and contracts and how bored Andy gets. TPTB may be thinking this will keep the audience actively involved. Will Rick come back ... or won't he????

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Deep breath.  So this is what TSDF Army is running with:

If true, that would indeed be a stepping on his own dick kind of ending, although I suppose they think there's some kind of poetic full circle happening if Rick is somehow taken out by the construction of the bridge he's been trying so hard to will into being.

I think that Rick's death is being crafted so that it saves the bridge to bring the communities "together" and "rationalize" no one killing Negan after Rick dies. 

TSDF Army is also giving us this. So much to sigh about.

Q&A Episode 9.4 “The Obliged”

1. Why are Daryl and Rick fighting? Do they resolve their conflict?

Rick receives word that Maggie is on her way to Alexandria, and Daryl offers to give him a lift so he'll get there quicker. However, Daryl doesn't take Rick there, of course. Daryl also reveals that it was Oceanside who was killing the Saviors, and he knew about it. This causes a big fight, and they end up falling into a huge hole. They do finally resolve their differences and help each other get out just as the herd begins approaching them.

2. Does Maggie see Negan in this episode? What happens?

No. She doesn’t make it to Alexandria in this episode.

3. What is Jadis doing with Father G?

At first, she has Father G tied up just like she did Negan last season and is about to feed him to Winslow 4.0. Father G gives a sappy speech about forgiveness, and Jadis finally changes her mind. She knocks Gabe out, and when he finally wakes up, Jadis is gone and leaves only a note. Father G reads it and collapses to the ground and sobs.

4. Do we get any new information about the helicopter people?

No

5. What do Negan and Michonne talk about when she visits his cell?

At first, Michonne goes there because Negan is refusing to eat. But then it turns into Negan playing mindgames with her and trying to make some sort of connection. Negan talks more about what happened to his wife, and he gets Michonne to open up about her son, Andre, and how he died. It ends with Negan asking about Lucille, and how he wants to see her. Michonne then informs him that they don't have Lucille, that they just left her out there. After Michonne leaves, Negan totally wigs out about Lucille and starts banging his head into the wall.

6. Does the bridge withstand the flooding?

So far, yes, but Eugene doesn't believe it's going to hold for much longer.

7. How does the riot in the camp turn out?

We really don't see the resolution because Rick and Daryl have already left the camp once gunshots are fired. We don't see what happens after that.

8. How does the large herd end up heading for the camp?

Mainly due to the shots from the riot at the camp.

9. We know Rick is trying to lead the herd. Where is everyone else as he's trying to lead it away?

Daryl heads back to the camp to help. Everyone else is still at the camp.

10. *deep breath* How does the episode end?

It ends with Rick being surrounded on horseback by not only 1 but 2 massive herds. He is thrown from the horse and is impaled on a piece of rebar. The episode ends as Rick loses consciousness.

Fuck Negan, but the rest sounds pretty good. Aww, Rick so they can justify keeping Negan alive. While I would like to see Rick as a walker, I hope that he just bleeds out and dies. I wonder if Michonne will get to see him before he dies. If the saviors left, who is rioting at the camp?  

• Love 1

I realize these are "leaks" and might be untrustworthy, if for no other reason then TPTB might have a hand in it. (I mean, who knows? Look at Nixon and Watergate.) But I read earlier in the day that Rick fell on rebar two times (as in two different times. Now what are the odds of that? So that's suspect.) But the other thing I read was the closing shot of the episode in of Ricks's bloodied boots walking. Somehow he'd gotten himself unstuck from the rebar. (Ouch!) Now you don't just pull yourself out of rebar and go make yourself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So, I think we're going to have some Glenn/dumpster trickery. I think TPTB was originally going to kill Rick, no ifs, ands or buts. But then something happened. AL was reportedly pissed by what happened to Riggs. Maybe AL overreacted and shot off his mouth. So TPTB said, Fine, we'll kill you too. Maybe one or both sides cooled. Maybe the audience let their feelings be known. So . . . just maybe ... they reshot the end to leave it open-ended. (I seem to remember something how AL had to come back to the States after he had left.) And I find it darn interesting that the helicopter has just ALL OF A SUDDEN reappeared, with this cryptic A and B nonsense. Maybe they (whoever they is) knows or suspects Rick is the key to the disease so they capture him in a weakened (or even dead) state to STUDY him. And maybe he'll come back

4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

At first, Michonne goes there because Negan is refusing to eat.

A:  Let him.

4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

It ends with Negan asking about Lucille, and how he wants to see her.

B:  And if alarm bells don't go off to this request...  If they do, rightly, I repeat, let him refuse to eat.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I've also seen some of the speculating on spoiler sites that he'll be double crossed by Jadis/Anne yet again and shipped out to the helicopter guys as an "A," whatever the hell that is, which would definitely fall under the tripping over his dick on the way out the door sort of exit.

I'm voting for the Jadis thing. Rick has already shown himself to be so strangely enamored with her he'll continue to believe whatever she says, no matter how many times she's double-crossed him or tried to kill him. FFS, right after his beloved son and heir kicked the bucket his first thought was, "I have to talk to Jadis.(??)" Maybe he was hoping against hope for a conclusion of her fake-garbled, "After this, I lay with him."

As for the helicopter, everyone seems to have the same selective deafness that afflicts them as when walkers are crashing through the woods towards them. I know I instantly hear a helicopter overhead no matter how high it's flying or how far from my house. When I'm outside, I hear it. I really don't care what happens to any of the nitwits left here. I just watch because I so enjoy the commentary here.

It ends with Rick being surrounded on horseback by not only 1 but 2 massive herds. He is thrown from the horse and is impaled on a piece of rebar

Oh, no. I hope the horse will survive.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

3. What is Jadis doing with Father G?

At first, she has Father G tied up just like she did Negan last season and is about to feed him to Winslow 4.0. Father G gives a sappy speech about forgiveness, and Jadis finally changes her mind. She knocks Gabe out, and when he finally wakes up, Jadis is gone and leaves only a note. Father G reads it and collapses to the ground and sobs.

5. What do Negan and Michonne talk about when she visits his cell?

At first, Michonne goes there because Negan is refusing to eat. But then it turns into Negan playing mindgames with her and trying to make some sort of connection. Negan talks more about what happened to his wife, and he gets Michonne to open up about her son, Andre, and how he died. It ends with Negan asking about Lucille, and how he wants to see her. Michonne then informs him that they don't have Lucille, that they just left her out there. After Michonne leaves, Negan totally wigs out about Lucille and starts banging his head into the wall.

giphy.gif

• Love 10
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

This is pure, deep-dish, deep-fried FUCKERY!  Why the fuck does Michonne care if Negan lives or dies?  It's one thing for her and Rick to choose NOT to kill him. But to go out of her way to keep the motherfucker alive?  Total bullshit.  Are we supposed to believe Michonne whipped up that little snack for Negan herself?  And now she's going to defile the memory of her beloved Peanut by talking about him with Negan.  Does Rick even know about Andre?  100% pure FUCKERY.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

Why the fuck does Michonne care if Negan lives or dies?  It's one thing for her and Rick to choose NOT to kill him. But to go out of her way to keep the motherfucker alive?  Total bullshit.

Yeah, this is where they pretty much lose me too.  If I squint hard enough, I can sort of understand what Rick and Michonne are trying to do in making the larger point that civilized people don't kill other people and in the words of George Costanza we're trying to have a society here.  I don't have to agree with it as long as I can kind of see where they're coming from.  But if Chatty Cathy wants to starve himself, WTF should anyone care?  They didn't kill him.  They held up their declared end of things.  As long as it's made clear that food was provided for him and the body afterward doesn't show any signs of foul play, let him starve himself if he wants.  It actually solves a number of the morale problems they're dealing with on multiple fronts if he does take himself out.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, raven said:

giphy.gif

THIS. 

2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

And now she's going to defile the memory of her beloved Peanut by talking about him with Negan.  Does Rick even know about Andre?  100% pure FUCKERY.

Plus THIS.

• Love 2

I don't care if it's relatively lame. I really want his ending to be open ended. I need a glimmer of hope that he returns somehow. It will always be Rick's story. And if Andrew Lincoln isn't on horrible terms with the show/new showrunner now that Gimple has slithered off, they would be smart to leave it open. I'll sit over here in Denial City and hope that's why he's planning to return next season to "direct" lol.

The Negan thing...sigh. Just let him die already. Maybe Maggie takes him out finally, on her way out.

If they kill Rick with...rebar? OMG. What a final FU that would be.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 5
On 10/24/2018 at 7:48 PM, peach said:

Now I see headlines that say things like "is this the beginning of Rick's downfall?"  Well, I don't want to see that.  Why does it have to be his downfall? 

I've been convinced for a while the PTB are ruining his character and making him look so foolish, hypocritical, naive and unlikeable in hopes that his departure will have the audience saying, "Good riddance. He was such an asshole," and won't make people stop watching, cuz, well - they need the money.

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

in making the larger point that civilized people don't kill other people

I could get that - full-scale slaughter has to stop if there's any hope of progress -  had his change of heart not occured in a heartbeat after he set off to kill all the Saviors in the bar, and did so, even the one who saved him. It was okay then for anyone to kill whomever they pleased. But now HE is determined not to kill anyone because Carl said so, and especially not Negan (are they going to tube feed him if he won't eat? Wouldn't take long for him to starve to death) so now no one is allowed to kill anyone. Now, Saviors are permitted to get away with threatening the lives of Rick's gang (what's left of it) and hold a knife against Carol's throat with total impunity. It's bullshit because I can imagine how fast Rick would have dropped the bearded Savior had he been holding Michonne in that position.

Rick has always been far from perfect and that's fine. Perfection, just like pure evil (Simon,Negan) is not human and is boring as hell, but I've always understood why Rick has done the things he has. Now he just annoys me. It's like he's a Pod Person and the real Rick was stolen.

• Love 4

Ugh...

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on GLOW, Arrow, TWD, Outlander, Manifest, Grey's, Shameless, Supernatural and More
By Michael Ausiello / October 25 2018, 11:36 AM PDT
https://tvline.com/2018/10/25/josh-radnor-greys-anatomy-season-15-john-not-returning/

Question: Can The Walking Dead please just let Maggie kill Negan already? Pleeease? —James
Ausiello
: I don’t ordinarily answer rhetorical questions, but I’m gonna make an exception this once and say that, sure, the show could allow the widow to avenge Glenn’s murder. However, considering what we’ve been told about the jailbird’s Season 9 arc by portrayer Jeffrey Dean Morgan and EP Scott Gimple, there’s no way in hell that it will. In fact, Sunday’s episode of the AMC drama finds the Saviors’ former leader “bonding” with a popular character with whom I think he’s previously only had a single face-to-face scene. There are, however, several other characters in “The Obliged” that engage in life-or-death struggles that lean heavily on the “death” side.

A trip down memory lane: The last Star Trek movie that featured Captain Kirk also featured Captain Picard. A passing of the baton if you will. Well, TPTB decided to kill Kirk so as to make the transition complete. (And probably to get Shatner out of their hair.) 

Well, they not only kill the character, they do so in the most unheroic way imaginable. He falls off a collapsing bridge and gets crushed (maybe even impaled) by the broken pieces of bridge. He lives for a few minutes to say his goodbye to Picard. That was it . Supposedly, Shatner was livid as were nearly all the fans. The great Captain Kirk dies by falling down a hill?!?

Now here we have Rick dying by getting stuck on a piece of rebar?!? Really?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, JackONeill said:

A trip down memory lane: The last Star Trek movie that featured Captain Kirk also featured Captain Picard. A passing of the baton if you will. Well, TPTB decided to kill Kirk so as to make the transition complete. (And probably to get Shatner out of their hair.) 

Well, they not only kill the character, they do so in the most unheroic way imaginable. He falls off a collapsing bridge and gets crushed (maybe even impaled) by the broken pieces of bridge. He lives for a few minutes to say his goodbye to Picard. That was it . Supposedly, Shatner was livid as were nearly all the fans. The great Captain Kirk dies by falling down a hill?!?

Now here we have Rick dying by getting stuck on a piece of rebar?!? Really?

Lol.  It’s pretty funny, actually.   They neutered Rick so much I’m not even interested any more.  

i refuse to believe Michonne falls for Negans sociopathic shit. NO way. 

• Love 5
On 10/24/2018 at 2:00 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Didn’t you use the character Id page I gave a link to yesterday? 

To add to what J’ONeill said above, She injured her leg during the attack and Tobin, big surprise, was willing to leave her behind, but Abraham helped her into the cab of an excavator, she died attacking Regina’s ‘that damn woman again!’ Outpost, the old insurance office ??

as I said she was always my Maggie 2.0

boy I do miss those old characters

1E7348ED-6E17-4880-816E-82019D3C72C7.jpeg

I must have missed it. But even looking at her pic now I just can not remember her to save my life. My memory has been really bad lately. I wish my husband watched this show he is my memory bank. 

On 10/24/2018 at 9:16 AM, JackONeill said:

She was from Alexandria. Short, dark hair. I think her first big scene was when Abraham, shortly after getting to Alexandria, went to work moving dirt, building walls, or something like that. As they were at the construction scene, they got attacked by Walkers. The Alexanderites didn’t know what to do, but Abe rallayed them, and saved Francine. She died when they attacked the Sanctuary.  She was in other scenes and I always thoght they are going to make her role more prominent. Alas, no. Which seems to happens a lot  on this show.

Thanks for answering. OohMaggie sent a picture of her. I just can not remember her to save my life. But, thx for explaining anyway. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

I must have missed it. But even looking at her pic now I just can not remember her to save my life. My memory has been really bad lately. I wish my husband watched this show he is my memory bank. 

Thanks for answering. OohMaggie sent a picture of her. I just can not remember her to save my life. But, thx for explaining anyway. 

Hee!  Don't feel too bad.  I remember the scene pictured, but I absolutely have no memory at all of that woman from anywhere else in the series.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Hee!  Don't feel too bad.  I remember the scene pictured, but I absolutely have no memory at all of that woman from anywhere else in the series.

IIRC Francine only appeared twice: once when she fell out of the loader bucket doing overwatch for the ASZ Wall work crew (and was subsequently saved by Abraham), and once when she participated - and died - in the Sanctuary assault.  Nothing in-between, other than maybe as a generic background character in ASZ crowd shots.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

They neutered Rick so much I’m not even interested any more.  

The neutering began when Negan grabbed him by the collar and dragged him into his RV as Rick, with a stunned expression, scrambled unsuccessfully to get a foothold. So pathetic and embarassing was that I had to look away.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, tv echo said:

However, considering what we’ve been told about the jailbird’s Season 9 arc by portrayer Jeffrey Dean Morgan and EP Scott Gimple, there’s no way in hell that it will.

Here's a bit from that article, about Negan :

“So much of him was this incredible facade that he put up for the Saviors,” Scott Gimple, chief content officer for all things Dead, tells TVLine. “So much of who he was was based on being this leader, being this boss. It was all power and all control.

“Now, he doesn’t have any power, and he doesn’t have any control,” he continues. “That’s going to enable us to see these other sides of him when the facade comes down.”

Poor Negan woobie. Ugh.  Fuck off, Gimple.

The comments under the article are pretty good (small sample):

September 30, 2018 at 11:06 AM

Ummm, no thanks. If there was even a remote chance this show might survive Andy Lincoln leaving, pushing Negan even more into the forefront will kill it entirely.

LAwoman says:

September 30, 2018 at 11:16 AM

I agree. More Negan is not the way to go.

SM says:

September 30, 2018 at 11:12 AM

Dude has a real hard on for Negan and he seems to just not grasp, the show dies without Rick.

Ken says:

September 30, 2018 at 11:20 AM

MAJOR MISTAKE PUSHING NEGAN MORE INTO THE STORY. Everyone I know who watches the show agrees that Negan is a complete drag on the show and should have been killed last season.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, raven said:

Poor Negan woobie. Ugh.  Fuck off, Gimple.

"Chief content officer", The Gimple, is obviously mistaking us for people who give a shit about Negan's inner, emotional turmoil and truly want to see his "other side." This 3-way humpfest of Negan, Gimp and Kirkman has gone on for two freaking years! Nothing can be salvaged from this clusterfuck, IMO, except to wring out of it the last penny possible.

• Love 7

If it had all been an act, then he didn't need to rape his "wives". He could have just sat and talked, or listened to music with them. He didn't need to throw that doctor into the fire. Or bash in Glenn and Abraham's heads. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, raven said:

Here's a bit from that article, about Negan :

"Now, he doesn’t have any power, and he doesn’t have any control,” he continues. “That’s going to enable us to see these other sides of him when the facade comes down.”

nobody cares.jpg

• Love 19
16 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Unfortunately she was mainly a Redshirt in the background somewhere,  she hardly said anything and appeared in only 12 episodes since season 5. Another wasted character, and they keep Tara alive!

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 5
On 10/25/2018 at 2:31 PM, nodorothyparker said:

This causes a big fight, and they end up falling into a huge hole.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:31 PM, nodorothyparker said:

At first, she has Father G tied up just like she did Negan last season and is about to feed him to Winslow 4.0. Father G gives a sappy speech about forgiveness, and Jadis finally changes her mind

Wait - what? So, like, this isn't some snarky humour? I don't read or watch anything about the show other than the actual episode. This is really what happens? Daryl and Rick have another bitch-slap fight and fall in a hole? They literally fall into a HOLE?

A lather, rinse, repeat of Jadis with the tying up, the Winslow, the sappy speech? All this is real?

On 10/25/2018 at 8:04 PM, raven said:

Negan talks more about what happened to his wife, and he gets Michonne to open up about her son, Andre, and how he died.

So is Negan going to be like some confessor figure, or therapist? Will people line up to tell him their problems and walk away feeling better for having gotten shit off their chests? Is this show going to be parody from now on? Actually, I might like that better. Or not.

jjrollw200.gif

• Love 6

The problem is that Negan enjoyed the killing.  Dwight didn’t, Rick didn’t, etc. 

Merle would have been a good redemption story, and sort of was.  Dwight was a good redemption story. 

You cant reform someone who enjoys burning off faces, forces women to be his harem, and disembowls a non entity, non threat like Spencer.   Not buying it.  

Ted Bundy was a charming man.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

The problem is that Negan enjoyed the killing.  Dwight didn’t, Rick didn’t, etc. 

Dwight seemed to find it hugely amusing that the crossbow ‘kicked’ so much, that he Murdered Denise instead of Daryl, that big grin on his face tells me he was kind of liking it, I’ve lost count of the times Rick has dispatched someone with that particular look on his face, I’m sure we all know what look I’m talking about, so I’m afraid he did enjoy it at times, and to be honest, they’ve all enjoyed killing someone at some point in their journey, there are no innocents in their world anymore.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Dwight seemed to find it hugely amusing that the crossbow ‘kicked’ so much, that he Murdered Denise instead of Daryl, that big grin on his face tells me he was kind of liking it, I’ve lost count of the times Rick has dispatched someone with that particular look on his face, I’m sure we all know what look I’m talking about, so I’m afraid he did enjoy it at times, and to be honest, they’ve all enjoyed killing someone at some point in their journey, there are no innocents in their world anymore.

As to Dwight, his character suffered from the usual problem with this show, inconsistency.  The Dwight that stole Daryl's stuff and killed Denise was a Savior thru and thru, and then they decided to make him a more sympathetic character, which was actually much better.  And he's a good actor.  Dwight seemed like a real person, unlike half the cast.   

As for Team Family enjoying some killing, well, some people need to be killed.  And none of them were like, hey, let's go terrorize and kill some people.  Or let's go trick some folks into joining us so we can kill them or make them slaves.  Etc.  And from time to time we see them think about their past actions and how it weighs on them. 

Edited by peach
clarity
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, peach said:

As for Team Family enjoying some killing, well, some people need to be killed. 

Yep. Rick definitely enjoyed killing Gareth, dragging it out and taunting him first by informing him he wasn't worth the waste of a bullet, but Gareth needed to be put down. Much different than a sadistic psycho who throws a doctor into a fire alive, or keeps a bunch of women as sex slaves through coercion and blackmail. There's no redemption from that, just as there is no redemption for the John Wayne Gacys of the world and if TPTB are going to try and show us there is, well: 1 - They've sunk to new depths of truly pathetic and delusional idiocy and 2 - Who cares? We're sick to death of that cartoon character.

• Love 9

Looking back upon Rick’s ‘dream sequence’? Where Smiley Boy was in the garden beaming at Judith, I think most of us believed that’s all it was, a weird dream. How many of us now believe that it was a glimpse of the future? That this is what ‘The Gimp’  has in store for us. I wouldn’t put it past them to try and foist that upon us, the prospect makes me feel quite unwell Lol

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 7

That Negan scene is why I am done watching after Rick and Maggie depart. I will be back to see Danai, Norman, and Melissa's departures, if they happen.

Ugh, the false equivalency between Rick and his people and Negan and the saviors continues. In wars, the "good" side often does "bad" things, it doesn't mean that they are the same as the "bad" side or that they should be punished to be "fair."  During World War II, out of desperation and in response to Hitler's attacks on their civilians, the British and then later on the allies and Russians bombed civilian areas killing thousands of German civilians. The Resistance in Europe routinely entrapped and assassinated collaborators and their families "in cold blood" along with sabotaging the German occupiers. After the war, the worse of collaborators, the ones who helped the Nazis kill millions (jews, political opponents, the Roma, homosexuals, and the intellectually disabled) were put on trial and executed by European governments, those who committed lesser crimes received lesser punishments although a few escaped justice completely. The governments sought these legal punishments to reestablish societal order because people were engaging in vigilantism and summarily executing collaborators. Governments could not simply not ignore the need for justice. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, peach said:

As to Dwight, his character suffered from the usual problem with this show, inconsistency.  The Dwight that stole Daryl's stuff and killed Denise was a Savior thru and thru, and then they decided to make him a more sympathetic character, which was actually much better.  And he's a good actor.  Dwight seemed like a real person, unlike half the cast.   

I agreed with this whole post, but the highlighted is especially true. In fact, I'll say that more than half the cast don't feel like real people to me. As the cast has gotten bigger and bigger and AMC has gotten greedier and cheaper, TWD has populated this show with more and more questionable actors that, half the time, make the show feel closer to a high school production than a quality television show. In fact, I'll throw some of the crew in this stew as well. Michonne's been on the show since season 3. She's been Rick's love interest since season 6. Why haven't they figured out how to light her yet? Or how to light her and Rick together? Actually, I haven't even been able to see a great many scenes for the last two seasons because they were too dark. The background music is cheap and cheesy. I still laugh at that Star Trek TNG-sounding music they used during Rick and Michonne's "good luck" kiss. I was like, "Really show?" I wasn't sure if Rick was leaving on foot or if he was beaming up! And why didn't they (allegedly) have a proper setup and safety equipment for that poor stuntman who died on set?

I was noticing these deficiencies even with awesome actors like Andy and Danai and cool, new zombies to distract me. How is TWD going to fare when these welcome distractions are no longer onscreen?

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 4

A letter sent by AL to select members of the media,

“Thank you...

For coming with us on this journey. For the nine years of fear, heartache, anger and, let’s face it, guts you’ve shown by making it through these 115 episodes and counting. And for services to journalism that go way beyond any civilised levels of human endurance.

For understanding that despite the high volume of undead, this is actually an ongoing story about what it is to be alive. A story of hope, family and friendship. People with nothing in common discovering that they have everything in common. United in their search for humanity and a place to call home. A story that has perhaps even more relevance now than it did when we began.

It’s been the most exciting, challenging and satisfying role of my career — and for the best part of a decade, the greatest adventure of my professional life. This season feels like the show I fell in love with all those years ago, and the world we were always heading toward when we wrapped the pilot episode.

By my own rough count, I’ve killed over 400 zombies during the apocalypse. Lost a horse, found a horse. Lost a girl... that didn’t go well. Ate a dog once. Wore a meat poncho twice. Escaped from a bunch of hipster cannibals. Not to mention I’ve been shot twice, baseball batted, stabbed three times, bit a man’s throat out (I’m sorry — that was weird — and tasted like chicken), and had my cowboy boots resoled... 12 times.

We began as an indie movie, and years later became a three-letter acronym (wtf?). And along the way, we’ve had the unique pleasure of meeting zombie enthusiasts all over our beautiful blue planet. From Tokyo to Trinidad, people have been united by their love of this story of survival... and Norman Reedus’ extraordinarily luscious hair.

been a wild ride, shaped by the relationship between the show and the fans of the show, and in no small part you good people of the press.

I look forward to following your coverage of the show and my friends in Atlanta for seasons to come — what they have planned is quite incredible.

So thank you.

For all of it.

For the good, the bad... and of course, we wouldn’t be a free press... without the ugly.

Until our paths cross again.

Keep Calm and Carry a Red Machete...

Andrew Lincoln”

———————————————————————————-

So Andy,

im assuming our letters are on their way,  praising us for the fear, heartache and anger we’ve endured over the years, maybe recognition that sticking with it through ‘The Gimp’s’ reign, really does go way beyond “any civilised levels of human endurance” 

Oh! There’s the postman now..........?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

In fact, I'll throw some of the crew in this stew as well. Michonne's been on the show since season 3. She's been Rick's love interest since season 6. Why haven't they figured out how to light her yet? Or how to light her and Rick together? Actually, I haven't even been able to see a great many scenes for the last two seasons because they were too dark.

I agree. The lighting for Michonne at night in those love scenes has been terrible. It isn't difficult to figure out the lightning for someone with a darker skin tone. Clearly, the showrunners and crew don't care enough to make the effort.

• Love 2
On 10/24/2018 at 9:16 AM, JackONeill said:

She was from Alexandria. Short, dark hair. I think her first big scene was when Abraham, shortly after getting to Alexandria, went to work moving dirt, building walls, or something like that. As they were at the construction scene, they got attacked by Walkers. The Alexanderites didn’t know what to do, but Abe rallayed them, and saved Francine. She died when they attacked the Sanctuary.  She was in other scenes and I always thoght they are going to make her role more prominent. Alas, no. Which seems to happens a lot  on this show.

Francine died when they attacked a Savior outpost last season, via gunshot to the chest.

In the same episode Rick sees Morales and Eric is shot.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, SimoneS said:

It isn't difficult to figure out the lightning for someone with a darker skin tone.

Never mind Michonne's complexion - they can't figure out how to light entire scenes filled with action that no one in the audience can see, to the point where we don't even know who the players are.

• Love 5