Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Mo White for President

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

My favorite part was Liam acting as Fiona's "prodigy intern". I hope we get more quality scenes of Fiona with her siblings this season. As douche-y as the real estate guy was, I believed everything he said about Ford - takes six months longer and charges three times more than his original bids, and throws a fit when asked to rip out wainscoting.

I had high hopes for Debbie's equal pay storyline, but now it looks like it was just a setup for a lesbian hookup.

I couldn't get invested into anyone else's plot, not even Carl saving geriatric dogs.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, planet17 said:

"-I can't go to  public school"

"-Why not?"

"-Hopkins made me soft. I have manners now. I eat paté. I put apricot oil on my cuticles."

This new Liam is one of the best things to come out of the show after season 8.

Liam could become the quote star of the show:

Fiona: "Did you find another private school? "

Liam: "No, but there are 57 private schools in Chicago. One must need a token."

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

This is Emmy Rossum's final season on the show. I'm not sure I'll be able to watch a season 10 without her. I too like the new Liam, he can really act and has some of the best lines lately. 

I can't get used to Lip's new buzz cut and I'm trying to figure out why he is so invested in the daughter of a woman who was just a hookup for him. I guess the actress who played her mom isn't back this season  but we have the daughter and Lip acting as her foster dad. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

This is Emmy Rossum's final season on the show. I'm not sure I'll be able to watch a season 10 without her. I too like the new Liam, he can really act and has some of the best lines lately. 

I can't get used to Lip's new buzz cut and I'm trying to figure out why he is so invested in the daughter of a woman who was just a hookup for him. I guess the actress who played her mom isn't back this season  but we have the daughter and Lip acting as her foster dad. 

It's not even the daughter of the broad he was banging, it's her niece.  He's never even met the deadbeat mom.  I'm assuming he identifies with the kid and is looking out for her because of that, not because of where his dick has been.

• Love 5

Liam the intern is awesome! And he really DID learn a lot at private school!

1 hour ago, CarolMK said:

Lip and his siblings have all been in and out of foster care their whole lives so he knows how much it sucks. They were always able to get out of foster care and back into their own house eventually but he knows that isn't going to happen for Xan because her mom is a piece of shit and her aunt (his ex) is gone. If she goes into the system, she's going to be in foster care aka shitty situations with shitty foster parents until she's 18 or until she runs away.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, preeya said:

Liam could become the quote star of the show:

Fiona: "Did you find another private school? "

Liam: "No, but there are 57 private schools in Chicago. One must need a token."

At least he is still a little Gallagher.

5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It's not even the daughter of the broad he was banging, it's her niece.  He's never even met the deadbeat mom.  I'm assuming he identifies with the kid and is looking out for her because of that, not because of where his dick has been.

They’ve been in and out of foster care their entire life.  They even did a storyline one it once.  Debbie ended up basically in a sweatshop. Ian and Lip in a place one step away from juvinial Hall.  Heck the only two that might have ended up in decent situations were Carl and Liam who ended up with the gay robots who wanted to adopt Liam who was a baby then  and by extension Carl.  

• Love 2

Who played the real estate guy? He looks so familiar but for some reason he's not listed on this episode's IMDB page. 

I sometimes feel like I'm just watching out of habit anymore. They've officially run out of ideas if they plan to put Debbie into a lesbian storyline. Although her mother swung both ways, so who knows.

I guess the stuff with Carl is just meant to be comic relief because there's no way in real life he'd ever get into Westpoint. As much as he seems to have straightened out his act you can still see glimpses of his derangement. Have they just dropped the plot point of what happened to Kassidi? Like, "ha ha that cadet killed her" and that's it? That's a new low even for this show.

I'd like to see Fiona continue to get ahead and I wish she would dump Ford. He's a real drag and not the least bit interesting. 

There's no way Jemma and Amy could pass for each other. They look nothing alike. 

• Love 9

oh carl. you were the mvp this ep. with liam behind by a hair. i was so impressed with how far he has come in regards to his compassion for animals. i want to hug him. someone should turn in that piece of shit vet! i was barely able to watch the scene of the "gas chamber" and the crying dogs. so he was telling the owners (the military guy) that he was going to inject the dog peacefully but he gasses them instead to save money. i am so sick.....

i like the episode. frank is ridiculous as usual. lip is a sucker, she's not your problem and she sure is a problem child. it looks like debbie lost weight? not that it matters, just an observation. she looks more mature, she's good in this role but i did not like her at all on the now defunct roseanne reboot. 

• Love 3

I really didn't like Ford last season, but he's seems like a guy who works hard at being a public dick but is a stealth nice guy. I'm probably wrong.

Liam and Fiona are now my OTP. Everyone else has a boring storyline or a repulsive one.

Why is Shameless turning into Queer as Folk 2018? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but, you know, give us a real QAF 2018.

• Love 1

Liam is easily the best part of this show. 

I feel like Fiona should be just a bit more present in his life since that’s what she signed up for but I guess this is what we’re going to get.

I like Kev and V but their storylines always make me cringe.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, kissedbyarose said:

I feel like Fiona should be just a bit more present in his life since that’s what she signed up for but I guess this is what we’re going to get.

Especially when she everybody in her inner circle is a huge liability.

• Vee & Kev are constantly struggling to keep the Alibi afloat while raising a rambunctious pair of pre-school aged twins.
  • Lip's sobriety is tied to how obsessed he is with his latest co-dependent fixation.
  • Ian is a total dumpster fire of a human being in every way possible.
  • Debbie is a teenage single parent who works long hours at a high risk job.
  • Carl is in military school most of the year and is prone to still making drug deals at the drop of a hat.
  • And Frank, who once used Liam as collateral to settle outstanding gambling debts, is, well.....FRANK.

Sparing a surprise return from Sheila, if Fiona doesn't take Liam with her when she leaves, he's pretty much screwed.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Who played the real estate guy? He looks so familiar but for some reason he's not listed on this episode's IMDB page. 

Neal Bledsoe - he played Debra Messing's chef boyfriend on The Mysteries of Laura, Smash, Ugly Betty,.

He was in something else more recently but  I can't find it on IMDB, hell, his Shameless role isn't even listed  - I saw his name in the shoe's credits.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 1

As much fun as the Fiona and Liam scenes were I miss the time Fiona would have grabbed Liam and gone to his school with the rest of the family and demanded he stay in the school.  Instead it barely registered that he had been kicked out because Frank has sex with the rich parents of his friends and no one had told his parents/guardians which I believe Fiona still is.  They have cause to blackmail at least a letter of recommendation to another private school.  The show is still good but what is missing is a sense of unity among them.  They are all off doing their own thing and rarely do their stories collide anymore.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 8
On 9/17/2018 at 12:17 PM, iMonrey said:

I guess the stuff with Carl is just meant to be comic relief because there's no way in real life he'd ever get into Westpoint. As much as he seems to have straightened out his act you can still see glimpses of his derangement. Have they just dropped the plot point of what happened to Kassidi? Like, "ha ha that cadet killed her" and that's it? That's a new low even for this show.

There's no way Jemma and Amy could pass for each other. They look nothing alike. 

It's only the 2nd episode-- give the show time. They often times bring back plot points at the end of the season. I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of Krazy Kassidi 

Perhaps they are going to use the Gemma and Amy are the same person storyline to show that people (white) see all black people as the same? weird speculation I know but with this show...anything is possible.

Ian is becoming disillusioned huh? I am interested to see where that goes.

I love Fiona-- always have-- IMO she is one of the best characters on TV. I have always found it amusing (and kind of sad really) that her taste in men is...shall we say-- warped! Big time daddy issues. and this new one? Ford? Oy vey! I'm not sure where this is going. 

• Love 2

*Ha !! I’m loving Liam !!

*New older actress for Xan i see.

*i welled up a little at Bisquits military funeral.Go Carl!

*debbie looking lean. Also about to embark on a same sex relationship ? Wowee !

*i thought Fiona was headed to threaten Liam’s principal but i love them as a real estate duo

*Ian looking like he’s about to spiral waaay down 

*Codependant Savior Lip adds another needy charity case to his stable . Lips gonna see the chick who told him he’s a bad lay i hope haha

Edited by DNR
Words
  • Love 2

Remember back in season one when the family all got together with JimmySteve to keep Carl in school.   Now it’s all “Hey you got kicked out of your fancy private school Liam?  Cool. Wanna help me make some money?”   Yeah the circumstances were different.  At that point Carl not going to school pretty much meant he probably be on the quick road to jail.  But The fancy private school Liam is at is a quick road to success which should make Fiona proud but the family has been too self involved in their own stuff lately especially Fiona.    

• Love 5

My problem with Lip and the completely unrelated little girl living with him is the legal trouble he could get into for, you know, having an unrelated minor child living with him.

Never mind that the show did not convince me why, out of all the street urchins we've seen, she's the one he cares about. 

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, kieyra said:

My problem with Lip and the completely unrelated little girl living with him is the legal trouble he could get into for, you know, having an unrelated minor child living with him.

Never mind that the show did not convince me why, out of all the street urchins we've seen, she's the one he cares about. 

They had an entire family living with them at one point.   AND social service stopped by for a visit.  

Lip sees himself in her.  They have similar backgrounds.  Add to that he had a brief relationship with her aunt I can see him taking her in for what was supposed to be a few days and it turns into longer.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Is it me or is Kev the Joey Tribbiani of this season? Lovable guy with a heart of gold who gets stupider with each passing season? Perhaps Liam is somehow siphoning his brain power, as he went from being practically nonverbal to boy genius? Not complaining about Liam though, he and Fiona were great this episode. It is a little sad to see how Fiona has gone from doing anything and everything to protect and boost up her siblings to blowing off Liam's problem of being without a school and basically ignoring him until he showed how useful he could be to her and her goals. It's in character for her though given her arc over the past few seasons. Even with Ian, she's not really looking at him or his needs. Her insistence on bailing him seemed to be out of habit more than anything else and she basically forgot about him once Ford got her to realize what a bad idea it would be to use her money to bail him out. Not sure how I feel about Carl or Debbie, have to see where they go with their storylines. Lip is intriguing and he is possibly poised to be the new Fiona with Xan and now his new (? what's the word for the person he sponsors?) thrusting him into the dad/caretaker role. More interesting and better than seeing him with another love interest.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TOWTooMuchTV said:

Is it me or is Kev the Joey Tribbiani of this season? Lovable guy with a heart of gold who gets stupider with each passing season? Perhaps Liam is somehow siphoning his brain power, as he went from being practically nonverbal to boy genius? Not complaining about Liam though, he and Fiona were great this episode. It is a little sad to see how Fiona has gone from doing anything and everything to protect and boost up her siblings to blowing off Liam's problem of being without a school and basically ignoring him until he showed how useful he could be to her and her goals. It's in character for her though given her arc over the past few seasons. Even with Ian, she's not really looking at him or his needs. Her insistence on bailing him seemed to be out of habit more than anything else and she basically forgot about him once Ford got her to realize what a bad idea it would be to use her money to bail him out. Not sure how I feel about Carl or Debbie, have to see where they go with their storylines. Lip is intriguing and he is possibly poised to be the new Fiona with Xan and now his new (? what's the word for the person he sponsors?) thrusting him into the dad/caretaker role. More interesting and better than seeing him with another love interest.

The writers have definitely changed the Fiona character's focus over the last couple of seasons.  For this season, I wonder if they're facilitating her departure.  

Sponsee

• Love 1
On 18 September 2018 at 1:59 PM, Chaos Theory said:

As much fun as the Fiona and Liam scenes were I miss the time Fiona would have grabbed Liam and gone to his school with the rest of the family and demanded he stay in the school.  Instead it barely registered that he had been kicked out because Frank has sex with the rich parents of his friends and no one had told his parents/guardians which I believe Fiona still is.  They have cause to blackmail at least a letter of recommendation to another private school.

To be fair to Fiona, she was adamant that Liam needed to go to school for the remaining three weeks of the school year, and they were talking about which school he would go to when they were on the way to her meeting with Max. She suggested the local public school. He wanted a private school a considerable distance away, and when that didn't work out, for her to call all of the other 57 private schools in the vicinity to see if one of them would give him a scholarship. 

It's not as if she has an extra $20,000+ a year at her disposal to pay school fees.

I doubt that it would occur to Fiona to think that she could fight the removal of Liam's scholarship. Carl had his scholarship to military school taken away because it was given to a student with more Apache ancestry and there was nothing he could do about that. It's also the story of the Gallagher kids' lives that Frank's positive impact on their situation never lasts long before he wrecks it.