Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Home Sextuplets - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

If you find that a poster's posts routinely annoy you, you should place them on ignore.  Hover over their user name. A pop-up will appear on which you can select ignore.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Courtney has 3 older boys... so this isn't her 1st time at the rodeo... She said one of the babies routinely gets car sick...

Please tell me why she does not have a spare outfit for "accidents" ?? I kept an change of clothes in the trunk - not always my fave and a couple of times it was out of season/size but it beats walking in somewhere with a bare or solied child.

Speaking of cars  - why she won't turn around that bus in their private drive/grass as opposed to backing out on a road , I don't know. SMH

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, sATL said:

Please tell me why she does not have a spare outfit for "accidents" ??

She must have spare outfits, because Blu was wearing clothes when he got his hair cut. So they probably simply put on the clean clothing when they got inside.

• Love 8
(edited)

Financial drain brain here... why can't they borrow the $$ to finish the build out like everyone else? they don't have construction loans until the house is finished and then that turns into a mortgage loan?

Wow - Eric has  family member to appear..after 2 years... Paw-Paw is carving pumpkins..

Edited by sATL
5 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Isn’t Alabama rated last in all fifty states?

Last in education, yes.  But Huntsville, where I live, was ranked by US News and World Report in 2019 as the 11th best place in the US to live.  That's based on a number of criteria, education being one of them.  Huntsville also has one of the highest concentrations of PhDs in the country, and the average level of education is a Masters Degree.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, eel21788 said:

She also makes up words the way Kate used to do. It is hard to believe she even finished high school because her grammar is so bad. That doesn't say much for the school systems in Alabama.

No, it doesn’t say much for Courtney, Courtney’s K-12 teachers, followed by her professors at Auburn who allowed her to speak and most likely write like that. Eric uses proper English and he was educated in the same local school system as Courtney and at Auburn as well. 

Her parents don’t speak improper English. She didn’t hear it at home, it would seem.  

Please don’t insult all of us in AL and/or our state education system as a whole for the improper use of the English language by one woman on a weekly basis. 

Now, while we are beating up on Courtney, let’s discuss the fact that their children are among a very minuscule amount of the population in Alabama who don’t say ‘yes ma’am/no sir.’ I’ve heard Eric correct the older boys at times for them to use their manners. I’m not sure why Courtney didn’t teach Saylor ma’am/sir when it was just him around. If you consistently remind them from the time they can talk, by about 3 y/o, it’s ingrained and they don’t need reminders anymore. 

Stepping off my AL Soapbox now LOL 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, BamaGramma said:

Last in education, yes.  But Huntsville, where I live, was ranked by US News and World Report in 2019 as the 11th best place in the US to live.  That's based on a number of criteria, education being one of them.  Huntsville also has one of the highest concentrations of PhDs in the country, and the average level of education is a Masters Degree.

Agree.  Very educated area. The one thing I still remember about Huntsville  is when that whack job, Amy Bishop, didn't get tenure and she went on a shooting spree.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

No, it doesn’t say much for Courtney, Courtney’s K-12 teachers, followed by her professors at Auburn who allowed her to speak and most likely write like that.

We have no idea how Courtney spoke to her students or how she wrote papers in college. I’m Southern, and there are things I say in my personal life that I wouldn’t say at work or school. I know “Me and...” and “ain’t” aren’t grammatically correct. I know “I might be able to” is more acceptable than “I might could.” I say those things in certain situations because it’s colloquially how people speak where I grew up. I wouldn’t bust out my formal speech to talk about the pumpkin patch.

Bless all y’all’s hearts.

Edited by Jeddah
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Jeddah said:

We have no idea how Courtney spoke to her students or how she wrote papers in college. I’m Southern, and there are things I say in my personal life that I wouldn’t say at work or school. I know “Me and...” and “ain’t” aren’t grammatically correct. I know “I might be able to” is more acceptable than “I might could.” I say those things in certain situations because it’s colloquially how people speak where I grew up. I wouldn’t bust out my formal speech to talk about the pumpkin patch.

Bless all y’all’s hearts.

I know right, when reading some of these comments about her grammar I just hang my head, they could be referring to me.....fellow Alabamian 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

let’s discuss the fact that their children are among a very minuscule amount of the population in Alabama who don’t say ‘yes ma’am/no sir.’

I worry far less about that than the burping and farting that goes on way too many times.  How is that boy going to feel when he's about 25 and a film clip of him farting shows up on social media?  Boys do that kind of stuff (I know because I raised two of them myself) but I'd sure not want it to appear on national television.

And howdy to all the Alabamians!  I'm a North Carolinean by birth, but I've lived here for going on 40 years and it's home.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Why you would take fertility drugs after having 3 children already is beyond me.  9 kids.  It is physically impossible to give the attention to each and everyone.  I do think Saylor is a very sweet kid and very mature for his age.  In a way he has no choice.  

• Like 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

Why you would take fertility drugs after having 3 children already is beyond me.  9 kids.  It is physically impossible to give the attention to each and everyone.  I do think Saylor is a very sweet kid and very mature for his age.  In a way he has no choice.  

Because you have 3 sons and want a girl...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Roll Tide! Former Alabamian also. Proudly wearing my houndstooth face mask to run errands.

When I have a southern client, I can relax and say things like "I'm fixin' to write this report."

I don't watch the show but an Alabama friend does and I popped in here. I'm bothered by people who have too many kids in general, and especially by people who monetize them.

• Love 5
On 6/16/2020 at 3:45 PM, eel21788 said:

As I've said before, they totally set their kids up for it. If Wales is overweight he will inevitably be called "Whale," and Tag is going to spend his whole life with people hitting him and screaming "You're it." How could these dimwits not have realized things like that when they came up with such stupid names for their kids?

Honestly, with so many "trendy" names these days, I think name teasing is... less of a thing now, maybe? I dunno. I also think if they're in the same school district since pre-k, their friends will see their names as "normal"... it'll be some of their friends' parents and their teachers who are quietly rolling their eyes and wondering what Courtney and Eric were thinking. And I think just the sheer number of dreadful names in their family makes it worse, too.

Ranking in order from best to worst, IMO...

1) Rayne-- A name that would not cause me to raise an eyebrow, even if it's a little hippy-dippy

2) Rivers-- I was going to rank this one first, but I thought it was "River." The "s" is unnecessary, and takes it from name-I've-actually-heard-before to unnecessarily "you-nique," but whatever, you could do worse (and the Waldrops definitely did...)

3) Bridge-- Not anything I would name a kid, but not terrible as far as word-names go, and no unnecessary letters/ weird spellings

4) Tag-- I've heard of it as a nickname before, and at least it's easy to spell...

5) Saylor-- The "y" is unnecessary, and I associate the name with Christie Brinkley's daughter, though I guess that's the only reason I think of it as feminine

6) Wales-- I mean, I guess place names are a thing? And luckily he's a skinny kid... and if he's ever his father's size as an adult, he'll be menacing-looking enough that people will think twice before making whale jokes...

7--tied) Blu-- He'll be subjected to Blue's Clues jokes as a kid, and depression jokes ("Why so blue, Blu?") when he's older, and he'll be spelling it for everyone his whole life.

7--tied) Layke-- Another terrible misspelling, and another name that seems more feminine than masculine (Blu Layke together might make an interesting hooker name). Also possible future puns about Layke getting laid?

9) Rawlings-- Sounds masculine... honestly, this might have been closer to the top if it was one of the boys, because at least it's spelled normally. But the "Raw Raw" nickname makes it last in my book. Ugh! Rawley/ Rawlee/ Rawleigh would have worked so much better... Also is there a reason Rawlings and Tag are the only two that don't seem to fit into the water name theme?

But none of them quite top Spurgeon (Duggar grandson) as the absolute worst name, so I guess there's that...

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the stupidity of the mom. Playing baseball in a field with her babies at risk of a ball hitting them. Also the three older boys are the rudest, ill mannered and unbrotherly ones. Personally as a parent I would be ashamed.  Oh and the mom is a teacher, she is such an airhead that I find it difficult to believe that she made it through high school.  I feel bad for the husband and the sextuplets. 

(edited)

I surely enjoyed this episode... They got alot  of filming accomplished for an hour eposide, trip to the zoo, karate, shopping for mobile home, wedding practice, 1st day at pre-school...

Wales had me rolling... "She (Rivers) bit me like a sandwich"...

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/19/2020 at 1:49 PM, justdoit10 said:

For some reason he reminds me of the "John-Boy Walton" character... I am wondering when the house remodel is finished would he get his own room.

Speaking of which - I still wish they would go into a little more detail - they spend more focus on where they are going to stay than getting the house done as expeditiously as possible. Years?  My first thought is if Eric is going to be the head contractor / cow rancher - he would want to stay close to the property as possible. Second, houses in the south tend to run a little on the large side- so finding a 4+ bedroom to rent should't be that big of a deal. I saw a couple of potentials (if they were available) during the trick or treat scene. Third - I would be a little nervous in a mobile home during the storms / tornado/hurricane season. They can pack a mighty punch and some structures don't fair too well.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

That girl wants SIX toddlers in her wedding??????????  What is she smoking?

My DIL had one toddler in hers and he was unpredictable at best.  He ran down the aisle to his mother who was matron of honor.   I hope I'm wrong but I see nothing but disaster coming of this.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Third - I would be a little nervous in a mobile home during the storms / tornado/hurricane season. They can pack a mighty punch and some structures don't fair too well.

I live in Alabama, about an hour from Albertville.  We are in Dixie tornado alley and the first thing they tell you is to get out of a mobile home.  They'll need some place to go that's safe.  Not sure if they have an underground shelter but maybe they should consider it.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, sATL said:

For some reason he reminds me of the "John-Boy Walton" character... I am wondering when the house remodel is finished would he get his own room.

Speaking of which - I still wish they would go into a little more detail - they spend more focus on where they are going to stay than getting the house done as expeditiously as possible. Years?  My first thought is if Eric is going to be the head contractor / cow rancher - he would want to stay close to the property as possible. Second, houses in the south tend to run a little on the large side- so finding a 4+ bedroom to rent should't be that big of a deal. I saw a couple of potentials (if they were available) during the trick or treat scene. Third - I would be a little nervous in a mobile home during the storms / tornado/hurricane season. They can pack a mighty punch and some structures don't fair too well.

Very much like John-Boy.  I have to confess I don't know much about mobile homes.  I always lived in a brick home, have 5 siblings and have never been around a tornado.  I agree you would think Eric would want to be on sight.  With that said I hope Courtney and Eric don't drag everything they own into the mobile home to cause chaos.  She does not need all their toys and clothes in there.  They won't know what they can't see.  The 3 older boys sleep in a closet right now so get them each an air mattress and they would have more room.  The toddlers can sleep in pack n plays.  She also doesn't need to drag a king bed over there since she is also on the floor right now.  Get something in between.  I would put the minimum in there and gate off an area for the toddlers but I suspect order would make for boring TV.  That is why these shows can be so unrealistic.  

• Love 2
On 6/24/2020 at 2:11 AM, sATL said:

I surely enjoyed this episode... They got alot  of filming accomplished for an hour eposide, trip to the zoo, karate, shopping for mobile home, wedding practice, 1st day at pre-school...

Wales had me rolling... "She (Rivers) bit me like a sandwich"...

Wales must get that from Popsie.  On last night's episode, Popsie said something like, "I'm more tired than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest."  🤣 I also loved how he dressed the babies like him.  I really enjoy when Popsie is on!

Courtney hand Eric have their hands full with the babies in their terrible twos.  That one shot of when one of the girls pulled the dog bed out from under Blu when he was standing in time out...oh my! They might need a SuperNanny crossover episode.

• Love 2
On 6/17/2020 at 5:55 PM, sATL said:

Financial drain brain here... why can't they borrow the $$ to finish the build out like everyone else? they don't have construction loans until the house is finished and then that turns into a mortgage loan?

Wow - Eric has  family member to appear..after 2 years... Paw-Paw is carving pumpkins..

Did I hear Eric mention he has (perhaps had) a brother ??? He was reminiscing about ruff-housing as a child ....  Was it  slip of the tongue of my imagination ???

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Snickerdoodle said:

Wales must get that from Popsie.  On last night's episode, Popsie said something like, "I'm more tired than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest."  🤣 I also loved how he dressed the babies like him.  I really enjoy when Popsie is on!

Courtney hand Eric have their hands full with the babies in their terrible twos.  That one shot of when one of the girls pulled the dog bed out from under Blu when he was standing in time out...oh my! They might need a SuperNanny crossover episode.

Yeah... he saying were funny....

The clothes looked like school uniforms. A welcome change from what they normally wear. 

On the serious side - I know it meant alot for the Grands to have all six in their care. I still would have offered for a friend to at least stop to offer assistance, if only to drop off dinner / breakfast casserole, take back a load of laundry, load/unload dishwasher, etc.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)

What I didn't understand during the car not starting thing was why they didn't just move the babies carseats to the other vehicles there. It looked like two other people were there and Courtney could have hopped in the car with one of them and they could have dealt with the car issues after the wedding! 

Eric could have even taken Courtney back to the house after the ceremony jumped the car and they could have traveled back to the reception separately. 

Edited by ellenr33
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ellenr33 said:

What I didn't understand during the car not starting thing was why they didn't just move the babies carseats to the other vehicles there. It looked like two other people were there and Courtney could have hopped in the car with one of them and they could have dealt with the car issues after the wedding! 

Eric could have even taken Courtney back to the house after the ceremony jumped the car and they could have traveled back to the reception separately. 

Now why would you go ahead and use logic or common sense.  That isn't allowed on these shows.  Just like the preview for next week I knew they would drag everything over to the mobile home and stuff it to the rims.   It is like they measured nothing and put no thought into what goes where and what would fit.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

Now why would you go ahead and use logic or common sense.  That isn't allowed on these shows.  Just like the preview for next week I knew they would drag everything over to the mobile home and stuff it to the rims.   It is like they measured nothing and put no thought into what goes where and what would fit.

But, all the kids' outfits will be coordinated!  Gotta have priorities!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

When this show first started I watched a couple of episodes and couldn't stand Courtney.  This morning I caught a couple of recent episodes and liked her much better.  She does seem to have her kids' best interests at heart.  And I like how the older boys don't seem to have to give up their lives just because their parents had a litter of six.  Still hate the children' names, though.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, ellenr33 said:

1) Courtney just isn't that bright, and 2) if she can find a way to bring more drama into the situation, she will. 

• Love 3

Ok this show has decided to jump the shark.  I saw a preview of the show where they plan on holding Thanksgiving in the mobile home for 20 people and Courtney doesn't know how to cook a turkey.  This is just so dumb.  The chaos to follow is predictable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

Ok this show has decided to jump the shark.  I saw a preview of the show where they plan on holding Thanksgiving in the mobile home for 20 people and Courtney doesn't know how to cook a turkey.  This is just so dumb.  The chaos to follow is predictable.

I think the whole idea is she has said before she can't cook anything but spaghetti. The whole show will probably be a "lets laugh at Courtney because she can't cook". I myself can't understand why you wouldn't want to learn how to cook, I like to eat out just like everyone else but nothing beats a home cooked meal, that's just my opinion lol. Speaking of which can you imagine the food bill at a restaurant for that many when the tups get a little older 😳.

• Love 3
On 7/5/2020 at 10:41 AM, justdoit10 said:

Agreed.  Why on earth would anyone use Thanksgiving for 20 as the time to work on her cooking skills?  And, why would anyone think it's a good idea to host 20 people for Thanksgiving the year you're temporarily in a smallish mobile home?  It's beyond stupid.

• Love 5

Yes, if you can't cook, and want to have 20 people over for Thanksgiving, then pick up two or three of the prepared Thanksgiving meal boxes.  All of the grocery stores do that here, and some of the restaurant chains.      Of course, I don't know when they really filmed Thanksgiving, but I'm betting it wasn't anywhere near the real date.  

• Love 4
On 7/5/2020 at 9:41 AM, justdoit10 said:

Courtney doesn't know how to cook a turkey

And that's why we have Publix deli.  But to paraphrase what someone said in an earlier comment, common sense would make for boring TV.  

And it's just 20 minutes into this episode and I want to scream.  Courtney and her besties are just too much.  Popsie should have taught her to jump a car when she learned to drive.  And now I'm waiting for the frozen turkey part of this fustercluck.  

• Love 2

It’s not a tiny double wide, but does look small inside  for a one that large. Just don’t clutter it up.

Since they are near their old house, they could use that as place to shelter in case of tornado. I live in N.C. and we have multiple tornado warnings most  every week in the summer. You normally get ample notice. So, if it comes towards your community, you can run to a shelter, like next door.  Just get weather warning app and it’ll alert you at all hours if coming to your neighborhood.   

Children in weddings should be at least school age of 5. Too scary for little kids. Most are not into it. It’s not fair imo. The kid should have say if they want to do it. 

• Love 3

Why didn't they invest in some bunk beds for the older boys so their beds wouldn't be shoved together like the Seven Dwarfs' beds? Are they just renting the mobile home until their house is renovated?

• Love 2
(edited)

Couldn't last past the first ten minutes of the van not starting. There was some word Courtney used instead of having to jump start the van. Think I blocked it out. Never had heard it before, maybe a southern thing. Can anyone remember what she called it? 😕 

Just thought of it - "crank" the car. Never heard that one.

Edited by seasons
6 hours ago, seasons said:

Couldn't last past the first ten minutes of the van not starting. There was some word Courtney used instead of having to jump start the van. Think I blocked it out. Never had heard it before, maybe a southern thing. Can anyone remember what she called it? 😕 

It's probably handed down from her great-grandparents who would have had to actually crank the Model T to start it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, seasons said:

I guess I never thought it was any different. I always say "crank the car" 🤷‍♀️ 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Crank the car is not uncommon in the south, based on my  experience. That's what you would say if your battery was dead and someone gave you a jump.  You'd say, Crank it up!  lol  I'm not kidding. You might also say, Crank it up, if you wanted someone to turn up the volume of the music.  

I had to switch over to Million Dollar Listing after they started the grocery shopping for the Thanksgiving meal.  The turkey was frozen and it was supposed to be cooked the next day. And, Grandpa was selling it to dad.  I couldn't watch anymore after that.  The entire idea of them hosting, under the circumstances was definitely producer driven, but, so stupid that it was not something I would watch.  

I did like the part about the shoe box presents. That was awesome.  I did find that genuine.  Teaching your children compassion and charity is a great thing.  I think that was real and I do think mother is grateful for all that she has. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

If that was really shot around Thanksgiving or Christmas, then there would have been deep fried turkeys available.   All of the grocery, and BBQ stores where I live do them.     I'm betting "Thanksgiving" was no where near the real date, and was just for the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm not bothered by staged events or reenactments, but, they need to be careful about  how ridiculous it is.  I can't buy into something really stupid.  And, I hate to use that word, but, I think I've used it several times lately.  I need to work on my vocabulary.  lol  

There are so many things that people in the south say, including me, that are odd.  My parents and siblings say things a certain way that I never would and never have. I'm not sure why.  Even as a child, I wondered why they said them.  I have corrected them before, though, I don't now. But, they don't care. lol  They call a "steering wheel"  a "sterning wheel."    I've never heard of that anywhere else before.  There are so many others.  Maybe, I'll start a thread around here somewhere about it. lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If that was really shot around Thanksgiving or Christmas, then there would have been deep fried turkeys available.   All of the grocery, and BBQ stores where I live do them.     I'm betting "Thanksgiving" was no where near the real date, and was just for the show. 

I'm holding out hope that no one is really idiotic enough to wait until the Wednesday before to shop for Thanksgiving dinner supplies. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Children in weddings should be at least school age of 5. Too scary for little kids. Most are not into it. It’s not fair imo. The kid should have say if they want to do it. 

How else was she going to get TLC to pay for and videograph her wedding for her?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

How else was she going to get TLC to pay for and videograph her wedding for her?

Really?  Man, I had no idea.  Even if you are the lead cast member....paying the cost of the wedding?  Man, that's outrageous, imo.  

• Useful 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, GrammyPammy said:

I wonder why they didn’t show the twenty people at Thanksgiving a few hours later when they all came down with food poisoning from that turkey...?

The turkey was wrapped in foil, thrown in the oven and it wasn't in a pan.  WTF.  Furthermore any family would have made other plans knowing they were in a trailer.   The last place I want to go for thanksgiving is to a crammed trailer with a woman who can't cook.  Are you telling me growing up  Courtney never picked up on the fact on what her Mother did to prepare for thanksgiving?  Beyond stupid.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 3

I'm curious as to whether the older brothers dared to touch those windows again.  lol  Mom was quite clear on that. I wonder if she had to revisit the issue down the road.  I was amazed that they even raised the window and wanted to jump out of it.  To me, that's a odd thing to do....even as a child, who would think of that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Why didn't they invest in some bunk beds for the older boys so their beds wouldn't be shoved together like the Seven Dwarfs' beds? Are they just renting the mobile home until their house is renovated?

Actually the beds were an improvement over where they had them sleeping in their own house for the time being.  They had them shoved side by side on mattress's only.  It looked like a closet.  Agree some kind of bunk situation would have given them more room.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

ITA.

What is really sad, the toddlers really didn't add anything to the weeding. they looked like kids wondering, walking looking kinds lost, with Courtney and her friend kneeling at the front. 

Did anyone see flowers and ring bearer pillows?

Why couldn't they at least be pulled in a wagon by someone in the wedding party?

Why couldn't they be walked - maybe 2 at a time by someone in the wedding party?

Why was it so important for each of them walk singly and alone down the aisle? Which they only got 5 out of the  6 to do that.

How did the todders do at the wedding rehearsal? Or is that what we saw - a pre-wedding ? Courtney not dressed up kinda made me wonder. She didn't pack a change of clothes for herself?

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2