Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: The Gang Makes Paddy's Great Again

• Start Topic

Meet Cindy, the new, ethnically diverse female member of the gang who can successfully pull off scams. Everything is working until Mac introduces another new member: a life-like sex doll that looks exactly like Dennis

The wait is finally over!

• Love 2

I liked this episode. I love how Dennis controls the gang even when he not around. It really shows how insecure they really are. 

The Dennis sex doll was so creepy. The close- ups of it was hilarious. 

Sidenote- Does Glenn Howerton look like he aged 20 years? Maybe it was the lighting, but he looked very tired and worn down. 

• Love 2

Mac gets ripped and no one cares. Love it.

And oh my god Charlie is still with The Waitress. Charlie loses to a SEX DOLL. That's gotta be some kind of new low.

1 hour ago, Hero said:

I love how Dennis controls the gang even when he not around. It really shows how insecure they really are. 

Yeah, it explains so much about them. Without Dennis, the gang got better. A solid plan was getting off the ground, Dee got recognized for her looks, Charlie got with The Waitress, Mac got ripped, and Frank had the tuba. I love that the Fake Dennis got more action than the real thing.

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Mac totally unloads in it, that seems totally like him.

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Does Glenn Howerton look like he aged 20 years? Maybe it was the lighting, but he looked very tired and worn down. 

He looked exactly like that sex doll, that was creepier than the actual doll. Good to see him back, though.

EDIT: I bet that sex doll sticks around and Dennis eventually has sex with it.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 5

Man, nothing against Cindy, but I was waiting to exhale and jumped outta my seat when that sociopathic son of a bitch finally appeared. I hadn't been spoiled on whether GH would actually be back on this season (they did a sneaky job of not showing him in any previews), but was relieved beyond belief when the gang was all (t)here. [Even if Dennis looked botoxed, blown-out, and Seth-Meyers-ified to the extreme.]

Mac's body is insane. I hope the doll is not gone yet because I see wonderfully horrible and depraved things happening to/with/by it. Plus, those things are crazy expensive (or so I've heard).

• Love 9

I think this is going to be one of those stories where we get more from it the less we know. It's not that I didn't like Mindy Cindy. It's just . . . who in their right mind would work with these people? I mean, she's probably more savvy than The Gang even with Dennis, but getting them to do stuff is like herding cats . . . emotionally, mentally, socially stunted cats. If we end up with a finale where Mindy Cindy returns with her version of the Legion of Doom (short list: Waitress, Lawyer, Cricket, at least two McPoyles) to avenge herself, it might be less entertaining than whatever the show does this season. Which I'm guessing was the whole point. It was a funny episode. "Fuck" got used twice. You just can't really delve into things for deeper meaning.

Has the series received Emmys in any category? Because I think one should be awarded to the team that made "Dennis." Creepy. As. Fuck. Of course Mac would deposit loads into it. Of course the Waitress would fuck it and break up with Charlie, who was clearly not into the relationship (another ironic jest). I'm guessing that the mouth and butt weren't the only "perfect" things about "Dennis." The other guys getting hammered and fucking it? Including Dennis' father? Hey, why not?!?

Seriously, Mindy Cindy clearly believed in the Gang. It's just . . .  they're the Gang. Even if Dennis hadn't returned, the sex doll would've come to life anyway, and she'd still quit. That's how fucked up they are. But I liked the episode. I just shouldn't think too hard about it.

• Love 2

The sex doll looked enough like GH that I was actually staring at it in close to to see if it was really him and moved. I think I tricked my brain into seeing some eye movement and breathing! And yeah, Mac is definitely having sex with it.

@Lantern7 I am now depending on the ITASIP Legion of Doom to show up. That would be amazing.

I love how without Dennis everyone is fairly normal. Even Frank. 

• Love 4

To be fair we've seen this before in the gang misses the boat and that psychology one and even the one with smitty that Dennis is so controlling and that his psychotic behavior really brings the gang down.  Cindy was fine  for an episode perhaps a couple of others but I get the feeling any more time around them and they will wreck her much like Lawyer or Jiminy Cricket or even the waitress.

• Love 3

Cindy is in no way better than Dennis.. Damn Rob! That body.. It's a little unsettling, just hope he's keeping healthy and not driving everyone crazy, that dude is committed as hell though. I didn't like Mindy.. Cindy.. Real Dennis does look quite different as well, but, it happens to all of us. Kaitlin did as well.. I wasn't a fan of this episode, it did nothing for me. I'll give it a chance and see where it goes, but, this was a shitty start in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I did not like this one.  Probably my least favorite of the whole series.

The doll was gimmicky and they relied on it too much rather than sharp writing and dialogue you normally see from this show for the attempts at laughs. 

Surprisingly it was not Cindy/Mindy's fault, but just not a funny episode, IMO. 

I would have rather they keep the doll idea but have Dennis reappear about halfway through the episode rather than at the end. 

• Love 2

I'm disappointed Mindy Kaling was just a guest appearance.  I really was looking forward to a new dynamic with 2 women in the gang.  My favorite line of the episode:

Cindy: "Dee, we'll need a hot blonde to distract the guard."

Dee: "Oh.  So you want me to go find one?"

Cindy: "No Dee.  You're the hot blonde."

The gang is like an inverse of that axiom "One weak link breaks the chain."  In this chain, a single missing link made the rest better, and when that link was re-introduced it all fell apart.

• Love 3

Mac looks amazing!!  Wonder how he did that.  And was it just for the show or.....some other project? 

You could tell in his arms, even before he took the shirt off and saw his chest and abs, he had bulked up

Maybe with his new "gay lifestyle" he decided he wanted to be an otter?  Or Bear?  Didn't want to be a twink?  Helps him be the power bottom? 

• Love 2

Great ep, but I had a sense they did an ep showing how much better the gang is without Dennis before.

It was funny to see Charlie with The Waitress, but I thought he had lost interest when she started acting needy and pregnant. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Great ep, but I had a sense they did an ep showing how much better the gang is without Dennis before.

As someone said before, "The Gang Misses The Boat" covers this.

And someone pointed this out to me: Cindy is never onscreen with the gang when she talks. She's always alone, and every time she speaks it's a separate cut.

• Love 1
On 9/5/2018 at 9:30 PM, Hero said:

I liked this episode. I love how Dennis controls the gang even when he not around. It really shows how insecure they really are. 

Sidenote- Does Glenn Howerton look like he aged 20 years? Maybe it was the lighting, but he looked very tired and worn down. 

I haven't watched in a few seasons and all of them have held their looks pretty well, but holy fuck, Howerton looked positively embalmed. He hit the wall pretty hard.

• Love 1

I absolutely love the new look on the Waitress. I was not expecting the network to allow the "oh, I fucked him" line, and I totally died. Her matter of fact delivery was perfect. And they're playing "higher love" in the background.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

I haven't watched in a few seasons and all of them have held their looks pretty well, but holy fuck, Howerton looked positively embalmed. He hit the wall pretty hard.

He looks really, really tired. I wonder if it's because he is doing his A.P. Bio show? But, he looks very pale and extra thin. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

As someone said before, "The Gang Misses The Boat" covers this.

And someone pointed this out to me: Cindy is never onscreen with the gang when she talks. She's always alone, and every time she speaks it's a separate cut.

She was on screen with them in the scene where Mac unveils his new look and the sex doll.

• Love 2
Just now, Ray Adverb said:

She was on screen with them in the scene where Mac unveils his new look and the sex doll.

That seems to be the only exception, because that's what I kept thinking. I need to go back and watch and see if she has any lines with them in that scene.

• Love 1
On 9/8/2018 at 9:26 PM, acid burn said:

So do you think Dennis killed his ND family or nah? I fully expect him to be evasive and vague about the reason(s) he left regardless. 

I expect he won't bring it up at all and the gang won't care anyway.

I loved the joke where Mac asked "You guys like me, right?"  I love jokes about Mac's insecurity.  They completely lack subtlety and Mac's desperation for approval is hilarious.  Scenes with his father are the best.  He is so desperate for approval but his dad gives him none at all.  Not even an iota.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, Galileo908 said:

That is not what I remember.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:59 PM, ganesh said:

I absolutely love the new look on the Waitress. I was not expecting the network to allow the "oh, I fucked him" line, and I totally died. Her matter of fact delivery was perfect. And they're playing "higher love" in the background.

Wait! That's one of Dennis's fav songs to play in his car, isn't it?

I don't know if it is but great attention to detail. It took me till the end of the show to register that Charlie and the Waitress had to have been together a long time if she was living with him and calling him regularly. They've got to give me more details. 

1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

That is not what I remember.

Wait! That's one of Dennis's fav songs to play in his car, isn't it?

Yes.  Dennis is a big Steve Winwood fan.  In the episode where Dee had the heart attack, he goes to a spin class with Dee.  They make fun of the instructor's taste in music and Dennis brings in a Steve Winwood CD.

• Love 2

God I loved this episode.  The constant cuts to "Dennis" kept getting funnier for me (he looks so surprised).  I'm hoping we get Dennis the rest of the season though.  Also funny that Charlie finally gets with the Waitress but gets sicks of her so quickly.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:15 PM, Hero said:

He looks really, really tired. I wonder if it's because he is doing his A.P. Bio show? But, he looks very pale and extra thin. 

I know this was a while ago but anyway, I just watched this season.  So...

I agree he doesn't look so good here. Which is weird, because on A.P. Bio season one, I think he  looked good, and that was the same time. Wierd. 

I laughed so hard at Charlie blowing in sex dolls butt. Way too hard. 

8 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I know this was a while ago but anyway, I just watched this season.  So...

I agree he doesn't look so good here. Which is weird, because on A.P. Bio season one, I think he  looked good, and that was the same time. Wierd. 

I laughed so hard at Charlie blowing in sex dolls butt. Way too hard. 

I definitely know what you're talking about. He did look healthier on AP Bio.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 9/5/2018 at 11:04 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

I hadn't been spoiled on whether GH would actually be back on this season (they did a sneaky job of not showing him in any previews)

Since I’m watching now and know the actor had another show, when he wasn’t listed in the opening credits (under starring) either I was so disappointed. Then, he pops up at the end and I was so happy. Since I’m still bingeing not sure if he sticks around, but for now I’m happy to see Dennis back. 

Edited by DanaMB