Type keyword(s) to search

Hollywood Exes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Even though I loathe Jessica, I was uncomfortable with the way Mayte was manhandling her.  Mayte seems to not know boundaries.  She really needs to work on that.

I thought the fact that she even touched Jessica was out of line. Then pulling her so they're bumping into Nicole's furniture and knocking things over? Very inappropriate. It just seemed bizarre to me that she was so silent during the original conversation in the restaurant, and then at Nicole's house, she was practically putting Jessica in a headlock.

• Love 2

I happened upon this article about Drea's and R. Kelly's daughter who is to become a transgender male.  http://mommynoire.com/78227/r-kellys-daughter-become-transgender-male/

Kudos to Drea for standing by him totally while R. Kelly hasn't communicated with him since he made the announcement.:

Jay explains that while he hasn’t heard from his baby-making-music-singer father since he made the announcement, his Hollywood Exes star mother has been there by his side supporting him every step of the way, “My mom was like, ‘Baby, you know I love you if you were bi, gay, lesbian, you name it and I would still love you so much.’” - See more at: http://mommynoire.com/78227/r-kellys-daughter-become-transgender-male/#sthash.UtqBM5uF.dpuf

Does R. Kelly have any decency at all?  What a butthole!

• Love 2

Wow, great find! I love that Drea gives her kids their privacy by keeping them away from the cameras. We haven't seen Drea, Shemika, or Sheree's kids on the show other than maybe a passing glance or two. That lets the kids make the decision about the level of media attention they want. It's inspiring for Jay to choose to share his journey.

Robert being an asshole is nothing new. What's sad is that I don't see him ever changing since there will never be any consequences for him. He can literally film himself peeing on and raping a child and people will still play Step in the Name of Love at their wedding.

• Love 3

Drea sighting on Wednesday's episode of R & B Divas: Atlanta.  The Divas were giving a concert and Drea, her new hubby and her assistant/friend Tony were in the audience.  She was introduced and asked to stand by one of the Divas.

This trip seemed like so much fun!  I have so much envy for Nicole's....EVERYTHING!!! LOL

I want to like Shanna but I keep remembering her from her reality show with Travis Barker and how lazy and whiny she was.  She's just so....extra!  I'm just not feeling her yet.

Too bad chickenshit Jessica wasn't there to get the beatdown (verbally, not violently) that she deserves.

• Love 1

I know Nicole has been friends with Jessica for a long time, but maybe not close friends? Cuz I don't understand, as a black woman, how she doesn't know or seemingly doesn't care about Jessica's blatant racist side. She needs to stop asking the other ladies to forgive Jessica or move on from it, and stop trying to pretend Jessica is someone that she isn't. She's racist and doesn't apologize for it. Accept it.

As for Drea - I have to admit - while I know who R. Kelly is and I know he was involved in a scandal - that's about all I know. So I really didn't have any idea what happened during the Truth or Dare game. Can anyone enlighten me? TIA!

(edited)

LotusFlower, I'm no R Kelly expert either, but I do remember something about him urinating on a 14 year old and filming it.  I vaguely remember it from the news footage of his trial.  When Shanna brought up the golden shower question, it hit Drea where she lived, literally.  I don't know if Drea participated in that form of sex with her ex husband or not, but I bet she's probably been questioned about it a lot over the years.

Edited by swankie
(edited)

Yikes! Thanks, swankie. I thought it had something to do with underage kids, but I didn't know about the "golden shower" part. I thought maybe there was more than one scandal, so ok. Shanna was pretty tactless to bring that up. These girls are pretty raunchy! I thought their "screw, marry, kill" game was funny, but then Shanna went over the line. Or was Drea too sensitive?

Speaking of Drea and R. Kelly, I read today that Kelly has a teenage son who's transgender. Is he one of Drea's children? Kelly sounded a little prickly with the subject in the interview (although I understand invasion of privacy issues). I hope Drea is cool about it.

ETA: I posted in haste. I see that swankie posted the news about Drea's son in her thread. Just as I expected, Drea was and is apparently loving and accepting, and Kelly is a dick.

Edited by maraleia
FYI-changed term to transgender per standards of correct terminology
(edited)

I wasn't paying full attention so I may have this completely wrong but did Andrea say, in a roundabout way that she didn't ask Shanna to be a bridesmaid because her black friends wouldn't like it?

All I heard was her saying that her black friends would say "who is this white chick".

Drea has said a few things about white people on this show that have been what I consider bigpted.

Edited by Maharincess
(edited)
but then Shanna went over the line. Or was Drea too sensitive?

Shanna definitely took it too far.  And she knew it too; that's why she whispered it to Nicole to say it.  Obviously Nicole had no idea what she was repeating because she said "did you have a 'birthday" golden shower" (lol, which is what I thought I heard too, but then read the captions).

Didn't really like how Drea had only been there all of 5 seconds before she declared it was so much fun without Jessica.  And Shanna was all too happy to join in with the Jessica bashing.   

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 3

Jessica must know of all of the skeletons in Nicole’s closet in order for Nicole to stay local and blindly close her eyes to Jessica’s ways.  Shanna and Nicole should publicly apologize to Andrea; they knew exactly what they were doing and got the result they wanted.  To me Nicole seems too insistent that the other women accept and be friends with Jessica.

(edited)

So I'm supposed to believe that the only two people at the table who didn't know about Robert videotaping himself peeing on and fucking a child are the two who happened to make this joke? Really? Bullshit. Shanna likes to start shit and Nicole was pissed that Drea (well, everyone, but especially Drea) was bashing her racist friend. That R Kelly trial was as big (and as long!) as the Michael Jackson trial and the OJ trial. There is no way they didn't know. 

I am so over Nicole and her wanting everyone to kumbaya around an unrepentant racist. The thing about Switzerland is that there is no such thing as neutral and Switzerland cooperated economically with the Third Reich while claiming neutrality, slightly bolstering the Nazi cause. Working with oppressive forces gives them power and encouragement, which is not neutral. Fuck Switzerland.  

I wasn't paying full attention so I may have this completely wrong but did Andrea say, in a roundabout way that she didn't ask Shanna to be a bridesmaid because her black friends wouldn't like it?
All I heard was her saying that her black friends would say "who is this white chick".
Drea has said a few things about white people on this show that have been what I consider bigpted.

That is what she said, but it's being taken out of context. The episode is up on the website. It's harsh to call someone bigoted without providing explanation or evidence. Drea has made comments about race, but it's always been benign comments like "I'm not finna get along with this white girl today" or "Ebony and Ivory are gonna be friends up in here". Mentioning someone's race, or mentioning race in general, is not bigotry. Drea has never said anything negative about White people in general or made generalizations about the White race. Bigotry requires that someone demonstrate intolerance for a race of people. For instance, Jessica making statements about all Black women's vaginas or all Black women not meshing with White women. Until proof is provided, I fail to see validity in claims that Drea is bigoted.

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yes, I understand what bigotry is, thank you. I said "I consider" what she's said to be bigoted, because its my opinion and what I took away from her comments.

If Shanna or Jessica had said some of the things Andrea has said but replaced the word white with the word black, I think they would be called bigots.

I didn't miss Jessica at all this episode. She can stay gone as far as I'm concerned.

I understand Nicole in regards to Jessica. Nicole is probably basing her opinions on her years and years of friendship with Jessica. I like or dislike people based on how they treat me and how good of a friend they are to me. Nicole must see something good in Jessica that nobody else can see,(she sure keeps any good parts of herself hidden).

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

A part of me wants to feel bad for Drea then I remember that she married R Kelly long after his pedophilia ways came to light.  So I say suck it up, you need fame so bad you married a known pedophile.

• Love 2
(edited)

A part of me wants to feel bad for Drea then I remember that she married R Kelly long after his pedophilia ways came to light.  So I say suck it up, you need fame so bad you married a known pedophile.

I hear ya, but she might've believed Robert's lies. Aaliyah and Robert's 1994 marriage certificate says that Aaliyah was 18. He might've shown Drea that as defense that he didn't know and that he got the annulment once he found out. Beyond that, the string of underage girls don't start appearing until Tiffany Hawkins in 1996 - after Drea married him. It's very possible that she didn't know about anyone but Aaliyah before getting married and he likely lied about knowing Aaliyah's age.

I don't think she stayed for the fame because she didn't get any of that shine. He kept her in the closet (giggle). No one knew of Drea because he never took her to red carpets or industry parties. I think she looked the other way partly for the money, partly to keep the family together, and partly because she was afraid due to Robert's abuse (there are numerous claims that Drea was battered - including statements she's made on the show - and there is ample evidence that Robert likes to fight and that he's controlling). She liked the lifestyle, so she looked the other way as long as she could. I have little sympathy for her either given that she knew he was a pedophile at least 6 months into the marriage and she did nothing. My sympathies are reserved for their kids as they will forever be associated with what their father did.

I have no sympathy for Drea, but Shanna and Nicole get no passes for their behavior. What they did was ugly. In particular, Nicole is a shitty friend. How can Nicole play the role of a blindly loyal friend and stand by racist Jessica, but then do this to Drea? What a bitch!

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 2

Why is Nicole pushing Drea and Shamicka so hard to forgive Jessica? This is not Jessica's first time acting out of pocket with them. And most importantly, which Nicole seems to forget, Jessica.Isn't. Sorry. Jessica has stood by her racist comments and won't even hear why people found it hurtful. How many times is Shamicka supposed to be okay with Jessica calling her a hoodrat? Why do they have to forgive that woman's racism? And why is Nicole so willing to forget what she said and that she's not sorry?

• Love 4

I just watched the episode and my opinion about what happened at the end is this, Shanna said she heard some jokes about R. Kelly and "golden showers" but didn't know that an underage girl was involved, she mentioned Macklemore making jokes about it and probably just thought R. Kelly was a freak.  Nicole said that she didn't connect the dots, which may be true since it happened years ago and I know people these days can forget things that aren't current.

That said I don't feel for Drea.  She had to know that R. Kelly's past would come up when she went on this show.  As for her marrying him, I think when she married Kelly,  there were whispers about he and Aaliyah but I remember not believing that she was 15; I looked at her pictures and thought, "No way, that girls' 18 at least." However, when Drea signed up for the show, she had to know that the whole "golden shower" story might come up.  I'm glad that Drea said she didn't blame Shanna or Nicole, but blamed Robert, who is the only person to blame.  

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm not crazy about Drea.  She's too extra, all the time, but she has been really cool this season and that was the correct lesson to take from the incident.  He's the one that should be blamed.

(edited)

The whole golden showers thing for me was kind of the elephant in the room. That and Eddie Murphy's thing for trannies. Oh yeah, and Martin's drug abuse/public meltdown.

Edited by kitten59

I know Nicole has been friends with Jessica for a long time, but maybe not close friends? Cuz I don't understand, as a black woman, how she doesn't know or seemingly doesn't care about Jessica's blatant racist side. She needs to stop asking the other ladies to forgive Jessica or move on from it, and stop trying to pretend Jessica is someone that she isn't. She's racist and doesn't apologize for it. Accept it.

As for Drea - I have to admit - while I know who R. Kelly is and I know he was involved in a scandal - that's about all I know. So I really didn't have any idea what happened during the Truth or Dare game. Can anyone enlighten me? TIA!

I don't see, as a black woman, why Nicole needs to act any differently than how she is acting.  Goodness.  If some white person or any other non-black person made a statement determining how black women should behave based on their being black, heads would roll.  Thank goodness Nicole is true to herself.  

I just watched the episode and my opinion about what happened at the end is this, Shanna said she heard some jokes about R. Kelly and "golden showers" but didn't know that an underage girl was involved, she mentioned Macklemore making jokes about it and probably just thought R. Kelly was a freak.  Nicole said that she didn't connect the dots, which may be true since it happened years ago and I know people these days can forget things that aren't current.

That said I don't feel for Drea.  She had to know that R. Kelly's past would come up when she went on this show.  As for her marrying him, I think when she married Kelly,  there were whispers about he and Aaliyah but I remember not believing that she was 15; I looked at her pictures and thought, "No way, that girls' 18 at least." However, when Drea signed up for the show, she had to know that the whole "golden shower" story might come up.  I'm glad that Drea said she didn't blame Shanna or Nicole, but blamed Robert, who is the only person to blame.  

This is the most sensible post I've read so far.  Thank you!

• Love 1

It's 30 minutes later and I'm still laughing at Brian's singing. That was absolutely amazing. If his plan was to get with Drea and marry her to further his career, he just crushed his own dream!

• Love 3

It's 30 minutes later and I'm still laughing at Brian's singing. That was absolutely amazing. If his plan was to get with Drea and marry her to further his career, he just crushed his own dream!

I know, right? And Drea encourages him! Isn't she supposed to be some mover and shaker in the music biz?

• Love 1

Drea just wants to be loved.  The wedding was really pretty, but I couldn't enjoy it knowing what happened three months later.

She was so in love, she never noticed that Brian can't sing.  I mean, damn!  And plenty of women have had men write songs from them and also sing them in key. 

I think that I enjoyed Mayte more tonight than ever before.  (Who had, "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" written about her) Eddie singing would have be preferable to Brian's singing.

I don't see, as a black woman, why Nicole needs to act any differently than how she is acting.  Goodness.  If some white person or any other non-black person made a statement determining how black women should behave based on their being black, heads would roll.  Thank goodness Nicole is true to herself.

I didn't mean to suggest that all black people shoukd feel the same way about racism. I just don't understand why Nicole is so blasé about the blatantly racist things that Jessica says. You're right - everyone feels and reacts differently to things, but I'm trying to understand her psyche (Nicole's) - this is a reality show, after all! Since Sheree explained why she was so offended, I think it would be interesting to hear why Nicole wasn't offended. Maybe because she's mixed race? Maybe because of the way she was raised? Maybe because she just doesn't give a shit? I don't know....I'm interested. Is that weird?

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the way he said "for richer and for richer" should have made her run.

I'm the opposite of the above poster. I was laughing at the wedding knowing the way it ended. She's not some teenager with stars in her eyes, she's a grown ass woman. It's funny to me how Drea was all weepy at first saying she was kept hidden and nobody knew her ex was even married and now she talks about how she's been known as R. Kelley's (ex) wife for so long.

And if you don't want to be known as somebodies ex, maybe going on a show called Hollywood EXES isn't the best idea.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2

I bet R Kelly is still laughing his ass off!  Poor Andrea.  I read that ya boy is trying to stick with her.  Anyone know the status of their relationship at this point?

• Love 1

I think the way he said "for richer and for richer" should have made her run.

I know, right? What a dick. And a bad singer to boot. As another poster said - his plan to further his career sure backfired with everyone laughing at him.

The wedding was so fake. Married in March and divorced in May. Does that beat Kim K's fake 72-day marriage? Anything for a tv ratings ploy.

On the other end of the spectrum was Sheree's talk with her husband about leaving her position at the ministry - I thought that was very real. I didn't like how he called her selfish and said that people shouldn't "change" after they marry. Say what?! I liked how Sheree responded right away with "well I married a football player who then became a minister!" She's very strong. And smart. And brave. I like her.

Then there's Jessica. Same old, same old. She wasn't sorry. Still saying she was misunderstood. Yea, right. Goodbye.

• Love 1

The shade award goes to person who did the closed captions and wrote "Off key singing" before Brian's performance.  That alone totally made the episode worth it.  And me commenting "for 2 whole months" every time Drea said something about her wedding, marriage, happiness, etc (like adding on "in bed" when you read a fortune cookie fortune).

So "women's ministry" is code for something else right??Just the way she kept saying it, and quickly adding it on to the end of every sentence. 

I liked how Sheree responded right away with "well I married a football player who then became a minister!"

I saw that differently.  It came across as to me as she was trying to quickly deflect.  She asked how she's changed, but when he tried to answer, she cut him off and turned it back to him.   Me thinks the Sheree has started drinking and hanging out a lot more than she was 2-3 years ago.  I was surprised in Hawaii that she got so shitfaced, especially since this was the second time in the season she was drunk and basically the 3 (maybe 4th) time in the history of the show that she drank on camera.  She never drank in the first season, at all.  This is probably where the "influenced by friends" thing is coming from. 

I really can't stand Shanna.  She just comes across as so fake and manipulative to me.  I don't believe anything that comes out of her mouth.  And while I believe the things that Jessica said were fucked up, I think it was equally as fucked up for Shanna to only reveal those things when Jessica pissed her off.  If she honestly felt those texts were wrong/offensive, she wouldn't have waited to share them.  Which makes me think she was gleefully engaging in that text conversation with Jessica and biding her time for when she could use them against her. 

Anyone catch the look on Humberto's face when they started talking about Mayte's eggs? 

• Love 1

I was mortified for Drea through the whole episode, knowing what we all now know about how the relationship turned out.  Even if it hadn't come out that they wound up divorced only a few months later, I mean ... the waves in that boy's head almost made me vomit from seasickness.  That should have been enough to give her pause.  I would've gotten to the end of that aisle, seen that hair, put up the church finger and had my daddy promptly trot me right on out.  You KNOW that fool wears a wave cap to bed.  It is the year of our Lord two thousand and fourteen.  That cannot still be the business.  It simply cannot.

As for Jessica: Don't try it.  You're not sorry.  You don't miss those women.  You miss being on the show.  That little half-assed apology should've gotten stuck in your throat.  And you know what?  I was gleeful to see that both Shamicka and Drea were like, "Save it."  It's wonderful to see people tell bullshit it can take a long walk off a short pier.

• Love 6
(edited)

The shade award goes to person who did the closed captions and wrote "Off key singing" before Brian's performance.  That alone totally made the episode worth it.  And me commenting "for 2 whole months" every time Drea said something about her wedding, marriage, happiness, etc (like adding on "in bed" when you read a fortune cookie fortune).

So "women's ministry" is code for something else right??Just the way she kept saying it, and quickly adding it on to the end of every sentence. 

I saw that differently.  It came across as to me as she was trying to quickly deflect.  She asked how she's changed, but when he tried to answer, she cut him off and turned it back to him.   Me thinks the Sheree has started drinking and hanging out a lot more than she was 2-3 years ago.  I was surprised in Hawaii that she got so shitfaced, especially since this was the second time in the season she was drunk and basically the 3 (maybe 4th) time in the history of the show that she drank on camera.  She never drank in the first season, at all.  This is probably where the "influenced by friends" thing is coming from. 

I really can't stand Shanna.  She just comes across as so fake and manipulative to me.  I don't believe anything that comes out of her mouth.  And while I believe the things that Jessica said were fucked up, I think it was equally as fucked up for Shanna to only reveal those things when Jessica pissed her off.  If she honestly felt those texts were wrong/offensive, she wouldn't have waited to share them.  Which makes me think she was gleefully engaging in that text conversation with Jessica and biding her time for when she could use them against her. 

Anyone catch the look on Humberto's face when they started talking about Mayte's eggs? 

Well, come have a seat next to me because I can't stand her, either.  I didn't care for her during the show she and Travis Barker had, either.  All she did was lay in bed while nannies took care of her kids.  Color me shocked they've gotten her into a vertical position for so long on this series.

I also can't stand Jessica.  I don't believe for one hot second her racial comments are just that she doesn't realize how offensive they are.  So, I really have no proverbial dog in this fight since I despise them both pretty much equally.

I would love to see the full context of those texts.  I'm sure Shanna baited and encouraged every response she got from Jessica.  IMO, had Shanna truly been offended by those texts, she would have called out Jessica immediately in that series of texts.  It seems a natural reaction would have been, "Hey, that's not cool.  Let's not go there."  If Jessica doesn't like the women that's her prerogative and she shouldn't have to like them...However, to not like them because of their race?  Whoa, that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.  Again, I'd love to see the full context of those texts because I don't believe Shanna was just an innocent recipient of unwarranted racial blasts against the other women.  I think she played dumbass Jessica like a violin in that exchange.

Deepening my dislike for Shanna (as if it could get any deeper) was her innocent act over the "golden shower" comment.  Bitch was married to a musician who was popular at the same time R. Kelly was.  There is no way in fresh hell she didn't know exactly what happened with R. Kelly, the minor and the "golden shower" incident.  Hell, she probably knew MORE details than the average person did because Travis was also a big dog in the music industry at that time.  She HAD to know.

With all that laying around in bed she did on Meet The Barkers, surely she was watching TV and heard all the dirty details.  For the other woman to buy her innocent act just really mortified me.  I would have confronted her right there on the spot.  Meet The Barkers was aired in 2005 and 2006 and R. Kelly was indicted in 2002.  

Then there's THIS interesting bit of information I just stumbled upon whilst hitting up Google in which cops were actually sent to Shanna and Travis' home due to a fight about her letting the kids around, according to Travis, a child molester.  So, it's not like the topic of perverts was off limits at Casa Barker.  

http://www.celebitchy.com/67528/travis_barker_and_shanna_moakler_in_epic_fight_over_pedophile/

ETA:  LOL at a comment left on this article shares my sentiments about this bitch always being in bed:  

Shanna is a disgusting excuse for a mother. If you ever caught Meet the Barker’s, she was always in bed, at 3pm and too lazy to take care of her own kids. I think Travis is a far superior parent, but they both need to STFU for the sake of their kids and do this bickering privately and not in the press.

Anyway, I'll end my perseverative rant about Shanna here.  I just hope these women don't continue to believe Shanna's snark towards Drea was in any way, shape, or form innocent nor do I buy her pretense of indignation over Jessica's text.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

That song was the best thing I've seen on reality television in a long time.  I had to pause the show because I was laughing so hard at one point.  Brilliant.

I agree!!!  I had so much secondhand embarrassment...not for him...not for Drea, but for Brian's mother!  What must have been going through her head when she heard his non-singing ass and saw the smirks on the faces of the audience as they were trying so hard not to laugh out loud.  If I was there in person, I would have had to excuse myself, gone inside way way far away from the wedding and laughed my friggin ass off.  I can't wait to see it again.  

• Love 1

I haven't laughed that hard at a song from a reality show since the real world new orleans when Davis was singing "come on be my baby tonight..." I had so much second hand residual embarrassment for Brian. Lol. Has no one who loves him told him he can not sing? Where is Simon Cowell when I need him. Lol

• Love 2

Well, for those who speculated there was trouble in paradise, today comes this headline:

Hollywood Exes star Nicole Murphy and fiance Michael Strahan and have called ended their five-year engagement, a day before he’s inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Michael’s rep claims it was the long distance was too much a toll on their relationship. Michael currently lives and works in New York City and Nicole is in Los Angeles and it’s just too difficult. It’s especially hard because they’re both real busy.

“They love each other very much, but with the distance and work schedule it has been hard to maintain the relationship,” his rep tells People.

Nicole and Michael started dating in 2007, after Nicole divorced Eddie Murphy and the former NFL player and morning talk-show host had gone through an ugly divorce with second wife Jean Muggli.

http://realitywives.net/blogs/nicole-murphy-michael-strahan-end-engagement/

Too busy? Who is so damn busy that they can't find time for their fiance? Let's be honest, they couldn't agree on prenup terms and now that Nicole had reality show notoriety, Michael's money feels like chump change to her. I always found it odd that, when speaking about her marriage to Eddie, she hardly ever talks about love/romance/a spark/spending time together/funny memories. Mostly she speaks about her "lifestyle" with Eddie. When the women flew to Napa, all she talked about was how she was accustomed to flying private when with Eddie. When she was shopping for a home, all she could talk about was how big her house was when she was with Eddie. That's a great lifestyle and I don't begrudge her talking about it, but the absence of talk about the man Eddie and instead focusing on the money he had told me all I needed to know about Nicole. Michael makes $5mil a year on his talk show. That's not chump change and you can be a baller in the South or Midwest with that, but that doesn't get you far for the bi-coastal, red carpet lifestyle Nicole seems to venerate. Add that on top of gossip that he's not willing to sign a prenup that gives up any of the $40 or so million he's hoarded since his baller days and I'm sure that these are dealbreakers for Nicole.

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 1