Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Fresh-Like

• Start Topic

SPOILER ALERT! HBO has allowed this to be viewed early on streaming platforms, so if you enter this topic before viewing, you will be spoiled!

Issa tries to let go of some cherished mementos. At work, Frieda tries to help Issa get back in Joanne's good graces. Molly bonds with her new colleagues about an over-confident associate and vents to her therapist about her status at work.

I just watched- no spoilers. I love, love, love party Lufthansa dude Nathan. This episode struck a chord with me. I need newness. 

Random thought but I’m going to connect it to the episode: I watched Outcast’s movie Idlewild again today. I love that movie, so creative AND that movie is the first time I heard Janelle Monae. When you watch this episode you’ll get the connection. 

• Love 5

Interesting that Mollie had never brought up Dro to her therapist before now. Isn't he a large part of reason she decided to go into therapy?

Trespassing on somebody's property in broad daylight. Naked. I know Issa wasn't trying to get arrested for some guy with pretty eyes over here looking like Prison Bae with facial hair.

Not sure I understand what Molly is doing to fix her situation at work. Did those women feel like she used them to get a leg up with the boss?

I dunno, something seems too good to be true about Nathan. I'm thinking Issa shouldn't get with him until she sees where he lives. And that he doesn't have a wife and kid(s) there.

• Love 10

Interesting dynamic - I'm so happy Molly is still seeing the therapist! I was in Nathan's situation when I packed up my life in Florida and moved to NYC without knowing anyone. It was a fresh start - however I only did it when I had another JOB OFFER. I  thought Issa would've made the push to reach out to that music group from the job fair first BEFORE leaving her job. She may be unhappy with her career and got a rent reduction as a property manager but you still have bills to pay! 

Trespassing on somebody's property in broad daylight. Naked. I know Issa wasn't trying to get arrested for some guy with pretty eyes over here looking like Prison Bae with facial hair.

I agree Joimiaroxeu: it's one thing to have a rapport with someone but entirely another to commit a crime with a stranger you've only known for a day. I don't think she'd have thrown away the CDs and books if she hadn't met this dude. Her friends seem like a good enough support to push her to want more in life. Skinny dipping and making out with someone in one afternoon is not.

Edited by Eri
  • Love 6

Yeah. I undersand that Issa's job frusrated her but quitting without securing another job. Well...

I am in a situation where I absolutely hate my job, and a few people have told me to just take a chance and quit before finding something new. I look at them like they are insane.

• Love 12

I was yelling at her to not quit before she found something else.  Although, I have also done the same thing.  The difference is, unlike Issa, my credit score was not trash and I had a decent savings to fall back on for a month or two if necessary.  

Every scene with Nathan was making me sweat!  

KindEachFairyfly-size_restricted.gif

I ain't mad at Issa....I'd probably be breaking all sorts of laws too.

• Love 14

I'm not gonna lie... Nathan is very easy on the eyes!  Issa is still impulsive as hell.  But yes, I would have to at least have his full government name and address before hanging out all day with him.  Not to mention letting him know where I live!   All men require background checks today.

I'm glad she dropped We Got Y'all. 

I couldn't enjoy the skinny dip because I was screaming for them to get out the pool before the owners got home!

Molly is messy as hell at work.  Why couldn't she just hang with the other women? She managed to burn a lot of bridges and hasn't been at the new firm for a month yet.

• Love 16

Issa shed her job as easily as she shed her clothes.  Though Issa Rae said it is out of character for Issa Dee to do something like that.

Lawrence and Chad got callouts but she tosses the last remnants of Lawrence in the trash while they mock Chad's ad.

Molly is trying to play all sides, latch onto the stars in the office?

Not sure why they showed Issa looking over and around the cubicles.  Twice!

Is she tired of those people and that office?  Chances are, her next job is also going to be a cubicle farm, though she wants to do something with music -- you and a million other folks.

Molly said "Bye Daniel" as she brought in the last box of Issa's stuff.  Is that the end of that character?

And it's probably the last of Frieda, with whom Issa seemed to be close in previous seasons.  But I guess they never socialized outside of work so that's probably it.

They'll probably have Issa find a new job relatively quickly -- then they can introduce some new minor co-worker characters.  Otherwise, with that 425 FICO, it could get dire.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Yeah. I undersand that Issa's job frusrated her but quitting without securing another job. Well...

I am in a situation where I absolutely hate my job, and a few people have told me to just take a chance and quit before finding something new. I look at them like they are insane.

I wonder if she's going to start driving Lyft full time to pick up the slack? I imagine she's also going to search out The Beat Crew that she saw at the job fair. They look like they're right up her alley, what with her getting that urge to rap at a young age. I think she'll be fine, actually.

35 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I'm not gonna lie... Nathan is very easy on the eyes!  Issa is still impulsive as hell.  But yes, I would have to at least have his full government name and address before hanging out all day with him.  Not to mention letting him know where I live!   All men require background checks today.

I couldn't enjoy the skinny dip because I was screaming for them to get out the pool before the owners got home!

Molly is messy as hell at work.  Why couldn't she just hang with the other women? She managed to burn a lot of bridges and hasn't been at the new firm for a month yet.

In his first appearance on the show, I had to figure out why the actor looked so familiar. He was on How to Get Away with Murder a couple seasons ago. However, I don't remember if he leaned on his Houston accent during that show (the actor actually is from Houston), but I'm loooovvvvviiiinnnnnggggg his Houston twang here.

That said, yeah, I can't believe Issa let a virtual stranger in her home. There are some people comfortable with that, but I think you can never be too cautious. I guess that was showing how Issa was looking to be shaken up out of her routine, and Nathan provided that, if even for a day.

• Love 5

As much as I was cheering on Issa when she quit, the practical part of me was thinking about her 425 credit score and not having a job lined up.  I thought that scene would go one of two ways: either Issa would tell Frieda that they had to incorporate more music into their tutoring somehow, or Issa would call and set up an interview with the other company.  But no, she just quit.  She really was done with that place.

Molly probably spoke to Taurean after hours and picked up some of his work.  But if she already made commitments to Stacy and Felicia, she's going to make enemies at this new firm.

Nathan's the first guy Issa's liked in a long time that didn't have baggage from her old life with him.  It really would be a fresh start for her, and I can see why she felt emboldened to take some of the actions she did.  Quitting could backfire on her, but her reasoning makes sense.

As someone who's tried to let go of baggage, I give Issa credit for getting rid of all those old mementos and taking charge of her life.  It's hard to let go.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, scrb said:

Issa shed her job as easily as she shed her clothes.  Though Issa Rae said it is out of character for Issa Dee to do something like that.

Sometimes starting all over requires doing crazy stuff in order to get things going.  I'd never do anything that severe, but I get it.

3 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

All men require background checks today.

Ouch.  If that's true, I'm probably not dating again this century.

• Love 3

Ugh, yes. Molly is her own worst enemy. She feels as if she has to do all the things. Girl, you JUST got there. She could've leaned on Stacy and Felicia to learn the ins and outs of the office and get a professional leg up. Instead, she latches on to the office mansplainer. I have no doubt that he will take credit for Molly's work.

A pretty face will have you out here making terrible decisions, I get it, but I'ma need for Issa to be more cautious. You have to vet dudes before you let them into your house. He could have a whole-ass wife and kids back in Houston.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I wonder if she's going to start driving Lyft full time to pick up the slack? I imagine she's also going to search out The Beat Crew that she saw at the job fair. They look like they're right up her alley, what with her getting that urge to rap at a young age. I think she'll be fine, actually.

In his first appearance on the show, I had to figure out why the actor looked so familiar. He was on How to Get Away with Murder a couple seasons ago. However, I don't remember if he leaned on his Houston accent during that show (the actor actually is from Houston), but I'm loooovvvvviiiinnnnnggggg his Houston twang here.

That said, yeah, I can't believe Issa let a virtual stranger in her home. There are some people comfortable with that, but I think you can never be too cautious. I guess that was showing how Issa was looking to be shaken up out of her routine, and Nathan provided that, if even for a day.

No - his character had been adopted by wealthy white folks so he had a neutral newscaster accent. (That and the fact that he was messing around with his adopted Asian sister are the only things I remember from his HTGAWM storyline.) I had no idea he was from Houston!

I am all for Issa getting a new job - We Got Y'all had clearly run its course for her; she probably should have quit a year ago - but she should have called the beats kids programs BEFORE she quit. Her living expenses are probably much lower now that her rent is $750, but she also apparently has no furniture so that's a big cost up front.

I kept thinking, y'all know you don't actually live in that house, right? They were just chilling in the pool like they had all the time in the world. (It's 90 degrees. I want a pool SO BAD.)

15 hours ago, Amethyst said:

As much as I was cheering on Issa when she quit, the practical part of me was thinking about her 425 credit score and not having a job lined up.  I thought that scene would go one of two ways: either Issa would tell Frieda that they had to incorporate more music into their tutoring somehow, or Issa would call and set up an interview with the other company.  But no, she just quit.  She really was done with that place.

Molly probably spoke to Taurean after hours and picked up some of his work.  But if she already made commitments to Stacy and Felicia, she's going to make enemies at this new firm.

Nathan's the first guy Issa's liked in a long time that didn't have baggage from her old life with him.  It really would be a fresh start for her, and I can see why she felt emboldened to take some of the actions she did.  Quitting could backfire on her, but her reasoning makes sense.

As someone who's tried to let go of baggage, I give Issa credit for getting rid of all those old mementos and taking charge of her life.  It's hard to let go.

Me too. Sometimes a hard reset is what you need. I've been thinking about that myself - do I need a change, and if so, how big a change do I need.

I'm glad to see Molly still in therapy. Did not realize she hadn't told her therapist about Dro. I agree with Molly that she should make moves that yield the outcomes that she wants and I liked the therapist's advice to make herself useful, but she should also try to make allies at work, not alienate people.

• Love 4

Easily the best episode this season.  

Molly bringing Issa "a plant you can't kill" had me cackling.  Because Issa with her, "Is that a challenge?" is me ALL DAY.  I killed "Lucky Bamboo" once after being told it was damn near indestructable. And Molly broke her glasses to get her back for the vase.

I love tacos but waiting an hour for my order?  No sir.  Not gonna happen.  I don't care if the swap meet is nearby.

That lil boy at the end!  "Oooooh..what y'all doing?  Eating tacos and kissing?!"  LOVE!

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Molly bringing Issa "a plant you can't kill" had me cackling.  Because Issa with her, "Is that a challenge?" is me ALL DAY.  I killed "Lucky Bamboo" once after being told it was damn near indestructable. And Molly broke her glasses to get her back for the vase.

I love tacos but waiting an hour for my order?  No sir.  Not gonna happen.  I don't care if the swap meet is nearby.

That lil boy at the end!  "Oooooh..what y'all doing?  Eating tacos and kissing?!"  LOVE!

Issa tweeted that that place can take up to THREE HOURS for tacos because everything is made fresh-fresh and they sometimes buy ingredients on the spot. I mean ... listen, I just had some bomb fish tacos today, but they did not take three hours.

"My mama said I should wait." That little boy was too cute and too fresh. I want to see more of the tenants in the building! 

• Love 9
On 9/2/2018 at 12:09 PM, Enigma X said:

Yes, I love this show, but this is the type of Carpe Diem/Seize the day stuff that happens on tv. I have been in jobs that were not working out but sucked it up until I had something lined up and my financial situation is a lot better than Issa's.  

I enjoyed learning about Issa's family. Y'all, Issa grew up with money and it was sad that her parents sold that beautiful house right after they put in the pool. Molly and Issa's friendship gives me life. The actresses have great chemistry and I actually believe they must be best friends for life. I have no idea what Molly is doing at work. Maybe she wants to hitch her star to the jerky guy?

• Love 4

And then it seemed like she quit and walked out without even two weeks notice.  Like--that's just not professional.  (Unless I'm mistaken and she plans to finish her two weeks.)

I wanted to love this episode but I didn't.  I was bored during most of her date with Nathan.  The only interesting parts were that it helped inspire her to drop her job.  The Molly part of the episode was much more interesting to me in the dynamics at play.  Molly was frustrating but I also get it.  There's a desire to try to fight the office "bully" (or at least overbearing alpha who achieved that status through pushiness more than talent).  But there's also a human desire to latch onto that alpha's power.  Her desire to be top dog overrode her desire to do what was right. 

• Love 5

Glad that Issa quit her job, as she was clearly totally done with that place, but she really should have considered having that other job on lock before she quit We Got Yall. With her current money issues, that probably wasn't the best choice to make. I get that she was in kind of a seize the day mood after her frolic with Nathan, but I feel like that is gonna backfire. 

That kid was so cute and precocious! I hope we get to know some of the tenets at Issas new building, I think that could lead to some fun bits with Issa trying to actually be a super, and not just someone who took this job to move out of her exs place. 

Molly going to therapy is great, but her need to be the top dog is less so. She just got there, she needs to work her way up and allow people there to get used to her. Her scenes with Issa are always so delightful though, they just have such an easy chemistry together. "I got you a plant even you cant kill." "Is that a challenge?" 

Nathan might be too good to be true, and if Issa wanted to go somewhere with him, she hopefully will find out more, but...he is so pretty! Look at those eyes! And that drawl! And he seems so sweet! 

• Love 3

NPR Fresh Air rebroadcasted an interview with Issa from last year.  They played some clips from the first season.

Issa said her character straddles both white and black worlds, represented by her job and her social life.

GROSS: You really set the tone in that scene. I mean, you work for this nonprofit that - you're the only African-American at that organization. But when you get in front of, like, the African-American students - and I forget if it's junior high or high school...

RAE: Junior high.

GROSS: Yeah. So they just start, like, mocking you, you know, like, your hair, the way you speak, that your clothes - (laughter) they don't like your clothes. You're not married (laughter). So I just think it's so interesting that you start the series off with discomfort coming at you from both the white people that you work with and the black kids that you're trying to help.

RAE: Yeah, we wanted to kind of paint that this character is in between two worlds and is just in a constant state of discomfort. And, you know, that is kind of reflected in the title of the series. But just in terms of her own experiences - you know, not black enough for the black people and not, you know, white enough for the white people.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/03/643673530/awkward-and-insecure-get-to-the-root-of-writer-issa-raes-humor

So it'll be interesting to see what new job they give her.  Will she again work mostly with white co workers?  Will there be new white cast members if Issa puts We Got Y'All permanently behind her?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, scrb said:

So it'll be interesting to see what new job they give her.  Will she again work mostly with white co workers?  Will there be new white cast members if Issa puts We Got Y'All permanently behind her?

Judging from the farewell tweets and pictures, it looks like Issa’s really done with WGY.  

The petty side of me would have liked to see Joann’s face when Issa quit.  At least Frieda made an effort to help Issa, and I wish Frieda luck.  Although she might call it quits as well.  Unless Joann listens to reason, WGY is a sinking ship.

• Love 7
On 9/3/2018 at 5:58 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

on the mouth? 

Lol!!

On 9/2/2018 at 8:42 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

and I get that she's supposed to be.   and have somewhat unsure and even questionable judgment in places.   But.  This was a lot.   All I could think about as she was getting more and more vulnerable with him was girl are you serious?  One of the most prolific serial killers in u.s. history was fine as hell.    Then again Bundy had a car, so you might be alright.    I did like their chemistry together, it was natural.  I like that she's honest, but Iownknow that the *truth* I came out with would've been telling Pretty Ricky What They Call Him Bae that I cheated.  

The other thing I'm trying not to study too hard is the realisticalittyness of anyone quitting a job before securing another one...with rent to pay...in Los damn Angeles.   That shit works in the movies and Des Moines, Iowa.   L.A.?  C'mon now.  

Two grown ass black people playing truth or dare decide to break and enter the most affluent looking house on the block and are skinny dipping in the pool.    Can't imagine anything possibly going wrong there.

I completely missed what the smoke from her female coworkers was.   Actually I think I misread it because the day before she was dressed in the 70's collar and too big burgundy jacket, buttoned up to the gawds.   Next day, for a meeting with Taurean, she comes in a primary colored bodycon.   I thought their shade was like: really bitch? This is how you wanna climb that ladder?  Ya'll what were they sideyeing her for for real, b/c it's clear that I didn't catch it.    I'm surprised at Molly.  Tiffany is the "I came to get the Bachelor not make friends" type but Molly is a girl's girl, know how it's done type.  Her moves don't make sense to me.    And that Judas ass look on her face when they all ran into each other outside Taurean's office.  She looked like she'd just turned state's evidence, I really need help with that scene somebody. 

I belly laughed at: 

Nanceford! 

Was that a pineapple shasta? 

Clowning Chad's bench ad.

There are squirrels in the walls, you don't hear that?  Girl do something! 

My mama told me to wait.  

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

on the mouth? 

Lol!!

and I get that she's supposed to be.   and have somewhat unsure and even questionable judgment in places.   But.  This was a lot.   All I could think about as she was getting more and more vulnerable with him was girl are you serious?  One of the most prolific serial killers in u.s. history was fine as hell.    Then again Bundy had a car, so you might be alright.    I did like their chemistry together, it was natural.  I like that she's honest, but Iownknow that the *truth* I came out with would've been telling Pretty Ricky What They Call Him Bae that I cheated.  

The other thing I'm trying not to study too hard is the realisticalittyness of anyone quitting a job before securing another one...with rent to pay...in Los damn Angeles.   That shit works in the movies and Des Moines, Iowa.   L.A.?  C'mon now.  

Two grown ass black people playing truth or dare decide to break and enter the most affluent looking house on the block and are skinny dipping in the pool.    Can't imagine anything possibly going wrong there.

I completely missed what the smoke from her female coworkers was.   Actually I think I misread it because the day before she was dressed in the 70's collar and too big burgundy jacket, buttoned up to the gawds.   Next day, for a meeting with Taurean, she comes in a primary colored bodycon.   I thought their shade was like: really bitch? This is how you wanna climb that ladder?  Ya'll what were they sideyeing her for for real, b/c it's clear that I didn't catch it.    I'm surprised at Molly.  Tiffany is the "I came to get the Bachelor not make friends" type but Molly is a girl's girl, know how it's done type.  Her moves don't make sense to me.    And that Judas ass look on her face when they all ran into each other outside Taurean's office.  She looked like she'd just turned state's evidence, I really need help with that scene somebody. 

I belly laughed at: 

Nanceford! 

Was that a pineapple shasta? 

Clowning Chad's bench ad.

My mama told me to wait.  

I THINK the issue was that Molly had said she'd help the female lawyers with their work and she was now spreading herself thinner by working with Torian (I know someone whose last name is Torian and that's how she spells it so that's what I'm going with). I didn't get the sense that she will NOT help the women, but she's also helping Torian and will have to juggle. The female lawyers don't appear to like Torian and Molly seemed like she was on that track too, so they took Molly's blowing them off to help him as a betrayal. Given what we've seen of the women vs. Torian, the women would make better allies for Molly than Torian, which they know, so they feel slighted. They're the ones helping her get the lay of the land and Torian is out here stepping all over her in meetings, yet she's aligning with him. I think that's the issue - anybody correct me if I'm wrong.

(Y'all, I did not even put together how "Beats kids program" looked until now. DEAD.)

Are we done with Daniel and Dro?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

THIS!  My BFF went to war with her nextdoor neighbor because she could hear scratching and sqeaking in her walls and ceiling every night and the neighbor (who was the end house in the row) kept playing dumb like she didn't hear anything.  Meanwhile, my mom sees a squirrel climb up said neighbor's drainpipe with a plastic Target bag and squeeze past the drainpipe into the roof space---little critter was making his nest extra comfy!

I fell out when I saw that on Sunday---art imitating my girl's life.

I don't mind Daniel but I REALLY hope we're done with Dro.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

THIS!  My BFF went to war with her nextdoor neighbor because she could hear scratching and sqeaking in her walls and ceiling every night and the neighbor (who was the end house in the row) kept playing dumb like she didn't hear anything.  Meanwhile, my mom sees a squirrel climb up said neighbor's drainpipe with a plastic Target bag and squeeze past the drainpipe into the roof space---little critter was making his nest extra comfy!

I fell out when I saw that on Sunday---art imitating my girl's life.

I don't mind Daniel but I REALLY hope we're done with Dro.

Dro told her what it was up front. She went with it. Why are we mad with Dro?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Dro told her what it was up front. She went with it. Why are we mad with Dro?

I'mone speak for me:  I'm mad at Dro word up.   Because even though he's been upfront with her and Candace, he's not willing to respect what Molly says she needs.

1.  We're either friends who don't get down or not friends who do.   Don't blur.    Then she folds her hands and looks at him and he says am I still making pancakes?   Ok then, THEN he's like oh you meant like right now?  Molly gives him the look and he reluctantly leaves.    Message:  we're not-friends who get it in.   

2.  The next, I mean, the very next day dude calls her on some so what happened at work?  

tumblr_p4ayr9yfCD1vd602xo1_250.gif

I. JUST. TOLD. YOU. WE'RE. NOT. FRIENDS.    You calling me up like I didn't put these walls up only yesterday is.........I'm triggered af.

Then.  Girl, THEN, where are we at C./3?   He keeps calling because she said she'd meet him, she changes her mind on some #knowbetterdobetter lol, stands him up and doesn't pick up her phone.   Voicemail message:  Dro, this is Deborah Cox.  We can't be friends.   To come out the bathroom and find him smooth lamping on the settee.  

giphy.gif

Um, where they do this at?  But so now listen, she says this ain't finna work for me.  I told you how this was gone go and you just wanna free access my place with your emergency key?  Nah bruh I'm gone need that back.   Dro doesn't wanna give the key back.   (please see Vince ^).   It's not until Molly slick talks his marriage that Dro boss' up and says don't talk about what me and my wife do (please see Vince ^).    Mmmmm.  I see.   I tell you what my boundaries are, you blow right past em, I take a step I shouldn't even have to to enforce em, which you only comply with when it sounds like I'm violating YOUR boundaries.   OhOkCoo.     She's telling him that even though their arrangement has transparency, it still makes her feel like a jump off and that's not ok with her.  There's no disadvantages for him so he's ignoring it.  

Dro:  I think Imma leave

Molly/Zdub:  

tenor.gif

Your Honor in summation, I'm not only mad at Dro, I'd start a shady go fund me to fix that cheating ass shape up and those thumb sucking ass fronts.   Lol.   I'm honestly stumped she's conflicted at all.   

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'mone speak for me:  I'm mad at Dro word up.   Because even though he's been upfront with her and Candace, he's not willing to respect what Molly says she needs.

1.  We're either friends who don't get down or not friends who do.   Don't blur.    Then she folds her hands and looks at him and he says am I still making pancakes?   Ok then, THEN he's like oh you meant like right now?  Molly gives him the look and he reluctantly leaves.    Message:  we're not-friends who get it in.   

2.  The next, I mean, the very next day dude calls her on some so what happened at work?  

I. JUST. TOLD. YOU. WE'RE. NOT. FRIENDS.    You calling me up like I didn't put these walls up only yesterday is.........I'm triggered af.

Then.  Girl, THEN, where are we at C./3?   He keeps calling because she said she'd meet him, she changes her mind on some #knowbetterdobetter lol, stands him up and doesn't pick up her phone.   Voicemail message:  Dro, this is Deborah Cox.  We can't be friends.   To come out the bathroom and find him smooth lamping on the settee.  

giphy.gif

Um, where they do this at?  But so now listen, she says this ain't finna work for me.  I told you how this was gone go and you just wanna free access my place with your emergency key?  Nah bruh I'm gone need that back.   Dro doesn't wanna give the key back.   (please see Vince ^).   It's not until Molly slick talks his marriage that Dro boss' up and says don't talk about what me and my wife do (please see Vince ^).    Mmmmm.  I see.   I tell you what my boundaries are, you blow right past em, I take a step I shouldn't even have to to enforce em, which you only comply with when it sounds like I'm violating YOUR boundaries.   OhOkCoo.     She's telling him that even though their arrangement has transparency, it still makes her feel like a jump off and that's not ok with her.  There's no disadvantages for him so he's ignoring it.  

Molly/Zdub:  

tenor.gif

Your Honor in summation, I'm not only mad at Dro, I'd start a shady go fund me to fix that cheating ass shape up and those thumb sucking ass fronts.   Lol.   I'm honestly stumped she's conflicted at all.   

Reading this (and dying laughing) has now made me late for my first meeting of the day.  Word to this entire post!  And Vince!

• Love 11
10 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

giphy.gif

Molly/Zdub:  

tenor.gif

Girl, you missed your calling. This should be your job!

• Love 8

One of my favorite things about this show is that Issa and Molly's friendship always feels very real. When Molly was going through all her crap and telling her to throw it away, that was a total BFF move.

I know Issa loved showing Nathan around LA but I was like girl, do not show this guy all of your favorite spots right away! If he turns out to be a creep, he knows all the places to look for you!

I'm on the Dro Is a Jerk train too because he repeatedly refused to respect the boundaries that Molly tried to set.  Even if you put aside the fact that he's married but allowed to date/have sex with other women, which is an entirely separate issue for Molly to deal with, the fact that Molly tried to establish specific boundaries and he kept ignoring them is a deal breaker. If he doesn't respect your boundaries, he doesn't respect you.

On 9/3/2018 at 2:58 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Molly bringing Issa "a plant you can't kill" had me cackling.  Because Issa with her, "Is that a challenge?" is me ALL DAY.  I killed "Lucky Bamboo" once after being told it was damn near indestructable.

Same here. I have killed multiple types of allegedly unkillable plants. I finally accepted that I am an inadvertent plant murderer.

On 9/5/2018 at 8:11 AM, Empress1 said:

I know someone whose last name is Torian and that's how she spells it so that's what I'm going with

Closed captioning and IMDB both have it spelled as Taurean but I usually take both of those sources with a grain of salt.

• Love 2