Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

Tyler and Cate are perfect examples of " If you have nothing to do, you do nothing." Their house is what, 1, 2 years old? Yes, having a toddler in your house makes for clutter, but take 15 minutes a day to tidy up, you'll feel better. One reason Nova running around semi dressed bothers me is cause Tyler and Cate are in layers. If I dressed for winter, my boys did too, same for summer.  I know 2 year olds are very busy, but she may be cold.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Tyler and Cate are perfect examples of " If you have nothing to do, you do nothing." Their house is what, 1, 2 years old? Yes, having a toddler in your house makes for clutter, but take 15 minutes a day to tidy up, you'll feel better. One reason Nova running around semi dressed bothers me is cause Tyler and Cate are in layers. If I dressed for winter, my boys did too, same for summer.  I know 2 year olds are very busy, but she may be cold.

I think they barely moved into that house in January. It is the new manufactured home. 

Hahaha, that collage seemed really self serving to me. Why not include some pics of Kim WITH her Ty? I think that would have been more meaningful, but whatever. I found the whole scene awkward, because Kim looked very unenthusiastic about this clothing line/foundation BS. She's like, "Mmmhmmm, well, that sounds amazing". But her face said, "Give me a fucking break, you guys can't even take a college course, you're going to run an entire foundation?" 

• Love 4
(edited)

It was an old modular/manufactured house that they remodeled. 

That's right. I forgot. How could I forget? I haven't had my coffee yet. 

But they did move in after the renovations in January, I believe. Just last season they were living in their previous home where they had a clutter there as well. 

I wonder if a picture of Carly was in that collage

Here we go with the foundation. Amber is hoping to make money and establish a half-way house. Cate and TyTy are hoping to help teen mothers who need a place to live. Those are some great ideas, but the people who are behind those dreams have no clue. Don't they realize they have to get off their lazy asses and do some actual work? The money doesn't do the work for them. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

Why are Catelyn and Tyler so fucking stupid?  They are so dumb.  In that clip Catelyn says "so we have been talking about what kind of business we want to start...". Who does it that way??  It doesn't make sense to just proclaim you are stating a business and THEN decide what kind.  Wouldn't it make more sense to say "oh I have a passion for _______" or "I am really good at ________ so I am going to start my own business!"  These two are just so bored and so dumb that starting a business is just something to do even though they know nothing about it and seem to have chosen the business idea at random.  I have never heard of such a thing.

• Love 11

It's almost like it's in the contract of reality TV "stars" to start shilling something after a few years. I can think of very few that haven't written a book or launched a clothing/liquor/accessory line. 

• Love 7

Why do they have to sell toddler hotpants (which is gross when you pair it with Catelynn's videos of the kid in the shower) in order to eventually open up a "foundation"?  Stop trying to come across as altruistic.  The work they did for Bethany wasn't from their heart. They were paid nicely and stopped only when the MTV added another zero to the check. If it was an organization with the opposite message, they would be shilling it too as long as there was a check. These two try to come across as less selfless than they are but we see the truth. 

• Love 7
On 5/16/2017 at 1:39 PM, poopchute said:

I guess I don't understand how she is so depressed she can't walk around the block but she can go on vacation?

That is why I said what I did about Cate having fair-weather depression and how I think she is probably just lazy. That part was also in my post.

• Love 12
(edited)
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

That is why I said what I did about Cate having fair-weather depression and how I think she is probably just lazy. That part was also in my post.

Yeah. I 100% agree with everything you said about depression itself. I've been there. I just think it doesn't necessarily apply to Cate (as you said). 

My apartment is shamefully messy, but we both work two full time jobs and are writing dissertations. To be fair, I think Cate probably wrote a grocery list once (hint: lots of Cheetos were on it), and Tyler writes a lot of tweets. They deserve the me time y'all. 

I will say I had no idea that fans needed covers. I grew up in a freezing climate and after that always had central air, so I never owned one of those portable fans. I'm having a baby and I feel stupid now. Learn something new every day, I guess. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6
On 4/10/2017 at 3:39 PM, leighroda said:

So I didn't remember this originally, but there is an actual voiceover with Caitlynn saying "I know I told Brandon and Teresa they could hold her first, but I wanna be the first to hold her" so she goes to the nursery.

Also, I don't have much frame of reference, but is it weird that they had all of their friends coming through taking pics, meeting the baby before Brandon and Teresa could meet the baby? It seems odd to me (and rude) but I don't have kids let alone adopted ones so I really don't know the norm.

I don't want to defend either of them but I had no problem with this whatsoever. Carly wasn't legally B&T's baby yet, and Cait was a teenage girl going through a situation that would have brought a grown woman to her knees. I am fine with C&T doing absolutely anything they had to do to get through that moment. There's a reason the law allows you the latitude it does to change your mind when giving a child up for adoption.

• Love 12

Gotta love Cate's outfit - criss cross straps over massive cleavage, and a Golden Girls coverup (that covered nothing). And her ever present ponytail and clump of greased hair. Kim was dressed and coiffed very nicely. Your mother-in-law shouldn't make YOU look middle-aged. 

• Love 7

Oh yea, that top was TERRIBLE on Cate. She's way too top heavy for something like that. 

I haven't watched in years, so I don't know if it's still on, but Clinton and Stacy of What Not To Wear need to take a sledgehammer to ol Catelynn. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I am so skeptical that the clothes were made in the USA, but I'll wait and see.

I'm sure the shirt is made in China or Vietnam and then the ugly brickabrack is sewed on in someone's smoked-filled Michigan basement. 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This is their partner

https://www.instagram.com/hipmingo/

I'm old so the name mingo makes me think of Daniel Boone.

Totally snooped on FB. Pretty small manufacturer.  I hope she's prepared for the level of crazy she's about to encounter.  I belong to quite a few momma groups for B/S/T specific items (Tula carriers and accessories, for example), and the conflict definitely amps up the more interested people become in the product.

Not only the resale conflict, but quality, defects, licensing issues, safety certifications and cultural appropriation.  And then a lot of Etsy moms with unexpected popularity find themselves getting behind, people get pissed, accuse them of being scammers, delays can take months. People have a level of intensity about children's gear that they don't have for their own stuff...which I suspect is why Amber has mostly gotten a pass.  Hip Mingo's private VIP group has less than 200 members.  It should be interesting.

• Love 6

What do these barely graduated asshats know about running a business?  Cate gets depressed when she empties her plate of chicken quesadillas!  What is she going to do when customers are emailing nasty messages regarding product flaws and backorder issues?  Are they trying to make a few bucks while their names are still out there?  I thought their reuniting long lost adoptive families was there passion?  They want to use the profits to open up housing for pregnant teens?  Are you kidding me?!  Will never happen...money will go straight into the Baltierra bank account for Comic Con trips, weed, airline tickets to flit off somewhere with her MTV croonies and to April to raise their daughter!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

What do these barely graduated asshats know about running a business?  Cate gets depressed when she empties her plate of chicken quesadillas!  What is she going to do when customers are emailing nasty messages regarding product flaws and backorder issues?  Are they trying to make a few bucks while their names are still out there?  I thought their reuniting long lost adoptive families was there passion?  They want to use the profits to open up housing for pregnant teens?  Are you kidding me?!  Will never happen...money will go straight into the Baltierra bank account for Comic Con trips, weed, airline tickets to flit off somewhere with her MTV croonies and to April to raise their daughter!

How involved can they really be? They both have very limited intellectual abilities and no experience in any job or doing anything at all really.  I can't imagine they really do anything besides attach their stupid names to it.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I'm old so the name mingo makes me think of Daniel Boone.

LMAO! Me too. Ed Ames on the show! Back then no one made a peep when a white guy of Russian descent played a Native American. These days pearl-clutchers would be picketing the TV studio.

Now if I thought the kid clothes were cute I would honestly admit it, no problem, but those truly are some ass-ugly outfits that the Ballsactierras have got there. I haven't looked at what's on Amber's website, but I suppose I could slowly tap-tap-tap the URL into my computer like she did and have a look.

• Love 6

I don't get it with these businesses. Cate, Tyler, Amber and Farrah (Maci doesn't really get into much crap on Twitter) all promote their businesses among tweets about such crap that I personally wouldn't be interested in buying anything from them. 

• Love 3
(edited)

ginger90, you and I and the rest of us on PTV are not 16 to 24 year old leg humpers who have nothing to do but get on social media all day. We are not the demographic these Teen Moms are aiming for. 

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

ginger90, you and I and the rest of us on PTV are not 16 to 24 year old leg humpers who have nothing to do but get on social media all day. We are not the demographic these Teen Moms are aiming for. 

We aren't 16 to 24 but we do have money to spend.  I get such a kick out of how their fans tweet "I have to ask my husband/Mom/dad if I can buy your clothes, they're soooo cute."  If I had to ask my husband permission to buy a $25 shirt (or anything else for that matter), I'd probably kill my self. 

• Love 15

There might be one or two items that I would find cute, but overall that line is a mess. I have 3 kids and I don't really see anything I'd put them in. That little tank top Nova has on looks cute. But the hooded t-shirt with leather sleeves??? Who the fuck is wearing that? The Outsiders, The Toddler Years? Leather sleeves on little kids are going to be hot and uncomfortable. And those little cotton shorts with the lace over them? Look like women's underwear, plus that lace is going to get snagged on a park bench in 5 seconds flat and then they're going to look like mommy's old underwear that she had before having you and refuses to give up. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Let's get all these moms with "clothing lines" on Project Runway and see how well they really do with real life clothing design!

Edited by BXD
  • Love 7

I hope that's not an example of how they're going to show the clothes. Why put Nova in a top and then show like 1/4 of it in the picture? 

Also not too fond of a choker necklace on a toddler. Ay yi yi. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Also not too fond of a choker necklace on a toddler. Ay yi yi. 

Judging by the shower videos shared with the internet and how the kid is always without clothing, I'm not surprised the child is wearing a choker. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, CofCinci said:

Judging by the shower videos shared with the internet and how the kid is always without clothing, I'm not surprised the child is wearing a choker. 

I just had my first great-niece this morning!!  I think that I'll surprise her mom (favorite niece that I *beyond* adore) with some hoochie shorts & a choker & maybe some knee-high boots for her first outfit!  She'll love that!!!

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, teapot said:

I just had my first great-niece this morning!!  I think that I'll surprise her mom (favorite niece that I *beyond* adore) with some hoochie shorts & a choker & maybe some knee-high boots for her first outfit!  She'll love that!!!

You are such a great auntie. Maybe get her a gift certificate for the family bail bondsman too. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, teapot said:

Aww congratulations! Welcome to the great-aunt club! 

7 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

You are such a great auntie. Maybe get her a gift certificate for the family bail bondsman too. 

Buy the mom a bong basket. Mom needs time to chill.  

All that is missing from that children's clothing line are hooker heels. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

9 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Aww congratulations! Welcome to the great-aunt club! 

Buy the mom a bong basket. Mom needs time to chill.  

All that is missing from that children's clothing line are hooker heels. 

Thanks you guys!!!  as you all know, I only have a boy-child, so I am so, so excited about pink things and frilly things.... (and a green gift for my niece sounds like a much-needed great idea!!)

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Act now and for an extra $1.99 Butch will autograph it.

OMG y'all!  I don't even have a grandchild yet and I need this!  My child probably won't let his child wear it, but I can let her play dress-em-up when she's here.  :)

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

How can 2 people that don't even dress their child start a children's clothing line?  

It's the clothes they wish Carly would have worn had they kept her. 

Tyler should just stick with what he knows - little vests and bejeweled jeans. 

Cate should just start a line of couch throws.

• Love 8