Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, EmmaPeel said:

@LM2162 you give good advice, especially the short term goals thing. Catelynn lived her entire childhood lurching from crisis to crisis and has no ability to plan or think long term. She seemed so overwhelmed any time she was confronted with the prospect of a long term plan she had to create and execute whether it be school, parenting, or that damn pig (actual pig, not Tyler.) I would add to your list: burn the zebra hoodie! 

So true. That was really hard for me because as a child all I did was live each day in fear of the next abuse. So thinking about a 5-year plan? Impossible. Then you get older and you live in fear of your next panic attack. Just dropping all of my short term fixes (fast food, wine, whatever) would have been 100% impossible. I stopped them one at a time, but only after I had some really mundane things in place that other people take for granted. Daily rituals and the like. Even organizing a bookshelf was hard because I wasn't allowed to make choices for myself. It's still hard to stay organized or steady when you're so used to fear and chaos. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I thought she was already on meds but Tyler, MD wanted her to wean herself off of them for no reason? Maybe I heard wrong? 

She is smoking weed therefore, she might as well not be taking her meds because pot inhibits the effects of her medication..She is going the "natural" route. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

She is smoking weed therefore, she might as well not be taking her meds because pot inhibits the effects of her medication..She is going the "natural" route. 

Depends on what she's taking. 

I do know that pot is very helpful in treating PTSD. But I don't think she's actually been diagnosed with that. She should be-- girl is textbook. 

To be honest, I feel worst for Nova. Being the daughter of an abusive addict is hard. Being the daughter of that daughter may be even harder. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Pot and meds can make the side effects of either worse. Rapid heart beat, anxiety, for example. Cate really is her own worst enemy, imo of course.

Right.

Catelynn likely has not stopped smoking weed other than when she was in rehab.

If Cate is not honest about what she is doing, she won't get honest treatment. As it is, she lied about smoking cigarettes to Dr. Drew. Who knows what she told the professionals in Arizona.

• Love 4

Sadly most of the positive affirmations Catelynn receives are due to being on reality TV and from being in a relationship with Tyler so I can see why it would so hard to quit. She has so little going for her that she can't see that being on reality TV and married to Tyler are not good things.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Sadly most of the positive affirmations Catelynn receives are due to being on reality TV and from being in a relationship with Tyler so I can see why it would so hard to quit. She has so little going for her that she can't see that being on reality TV and married to Tyler are not good things.

And the fans do NOT help. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Somebody on Reddit posted a photo of Catelynn from around the time the show went on hiatus and she looked really good. Her skin and hair were glowing and healthy, and she seemed quite happy and vibrant. Now she doesn't even look like that girl anymore. It's not even her physical appearance that's changed; mentally she's nowhere near the level she was at when the show was cancelled the first time. Given her past traumas, Cate's never been the happiest girl, but I think she had a sense of purpose just a few years ago. She was helping girls and other birth mothers, she lost a shit-tone of weight, and seemed to be handling the adoption a lot better than she is now. 

I don't think Cate is the one who wants to be on reality TV anymore. I think she may have realized that being on MTV is part of the reason why she has so much shit going on in her life; airing her dirty laundry for the cameras is clearly getting to her, given her recent perchance at covering up the dashboard cameras and her claims that she isn't watching this season because she doesn't want to relive such a tough time in her life. Plus, her and Tyler's choosing to be on TV is creating tension with Brandon and Teresa, so Cate has that weighing on her mind. I personally get the impression that she's done with MTV and just wants to live a quiet life with her daughter and her family. Tyler, however, has admitted that MTV is his full-time job and he's not leaving anytime soon despite his claim that the producers are manipulating his storyline and using him and Cate as a pawn. People will definitely want to see Cate without Ty, not the other way around. Catelynn will never quit the show because she'll definitely incur Tyler's wrath for throwing away such easy money, dignity and mental issues be damned. 

• Love 7

I just don't see it like that. If she wants to quit and have a quiet life she would have to get a job or even jobs. She couldn't shill for adoption/Bethany without the show for long. She has done nothing to prepare for a future away from the show, imo. I agree that Tyler is the attention whore but I don't see Catelynn wanting out.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I just don't see it like that. If she wants to quit and have a quiet life she would have to get a job or even jobs. She couldn't shill for adoption/Bethany without the show for long. She has done nothing to prepare for a future away from the show, imo. I agree that Tyler is the attention whore but I don't see Catelynn wanting out.

She can't quit because of Tyler. If Cate leaves the show, then Tyler is done as well because nobody will want to see him without Catelynn. It's called "Teen Mom" not "I'm With A Former Teen Mom". As for the job thing, Cate is pretty frugal and can probably do well on her own. She also seem to thrive when it comes to working; i remember when she got a job at that boutique (because of MTV, but still) and seemed to really like it even if it was just a few hours a day. I just can't imagine she likes filming anymore. You can tell she's over the whole thing, and probably has been for a while. 

• Love 6

Catelynn never seemed to be that interested in going to school, but I would love to see her start doing something constructive so she can be proud of her accomplishments. I think working as a CNA part-time might be a good choice for her. She could complete the classes in less than a month, so it shouldn't be too overwhelming for her. She could work in some place like a nursing home taking care of elderly folks and focus on their needs. Sometimes one of the best ways to stop focusing on your own problems is to focus on the needs of others. Of course she needs other help, but I think she is a loving and caring person and she could blossom in a helping role like that. It would also be a way for her to have some sort of life outside of Tyler which she desperately needs. I don't think it's healthy for them to be together, doing nothing, 24/7.

Have Dr. Drew or the copy room "therapist" ever encouraged her to do anything constructive, such as take classes, get a part-time job, do some volunteer work, take daily walks, or ANYTHING? I don't recall them doing so, and I think that is a shame.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I almost get the feeling that he's being sarcastic because of all the legit criticism he gets. Either that or it's a ploy for sympathy. 

It's bullshit humble bragging. I hate it when the ladies in the office do it.

"I feel fat today" 

"oh no, Stacy, you look amazing!"

" Yeah, I do don't I?"

• Love 4

I think Cate probably does want out. This show is pretty much the root of all the things going on in her life and her life isn't exactly peachy. The good and the bad. Put Tyler aside and look at this show through her eyes. She wouldn't have to worry about her relationship with Theresa or Carly without it. There'd be no cameras, tabloids, blogs, and fans tossing opinions at her constantly. She probably wouldn't be very noticeable after a while. She might be able to think clearly and breath better without all the fog that comes with it.  But there's one big thing keeping her tied to it: money. 

She can't make this kind of money doing anything else. She wasn't the best student so any type of school is probably intimidating. There's not a whole bunch of jobs for an uneducated, inexperienced young mother that doesn't seem to have the best hygiene habits at the moment. Do you think anyone would support her walking away from this show? Forget Tyler, what would her family say? Good grief, she was hellbent that placing her child for adoption was better than bringing her child into this family's world, and she was right, but look at the support she got for that! I doubt she's ever heard of a family member leaving a high paying job because the stress was too much to shoulder. You'd have to be crazy to leave a legal job, with great hours, great pay, you get to keep your own clothes on, and there's no drug test! I bet her family has done a whole lot worse for a whole lot less.

I don't know if Cate's struggling with depression but I'm sure she's at least depressed. She's also stuck. I imagine she has a good idea about what is probably the best decision for herself. She struggles with staying on because financially it's the best possible paycheck. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. It's a no win situation for her. She can't please everyone no matter what. Any move she makes is going to be wrong according to someone else. So she makes no move and just tokes up in hopes that it will help her not go nuts.

And then on top of all that, there's Tyler. If it weren't for weed, she'd probably just try to hide in the bottom of a bottle. Or worse. That's got be frightening. 

• Love 7

Cate has been seeing her therapist for some time now. We only get a snippet of her sessions. We don't know if she ever told Cate about acquiring outside interests or to get a hobby. Going by how Cate only listens to Tyler, it is a sure bet she has ignored any good advice she has been given by her therapist. 

A mental health professional can only offer advice to a patient, it is up to them to follow through.

• Love 2

I just can't bring myself to trust copier-therapist-who-allows-filming. 

@MissMel, good points all. Cate has got to be the first person in her family and probably out of anyone she knows intimately who made even a tenth of this money and didn't have to strip or work 14-hour days. She's also gotten her family jobs. Her mom, stepdad, husband, friends etc all make their $ from the show too. That's got to be some intense pressure. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9

Yes, the ethics of being filmed puts many things into question. That does not mean Catelynn has not been told some sound advice. Even Dr. Drew, Dr. Phil and some of the other tv doctor personalities have been right in some of the things they have said. 

No sympathy here for the girl who has the means to pay for proper, private help. She is the one who chose that therapist and chooses for her sessions to be filmed.

• Love 4
On 9/17/2016 at 8:36 AM, EmmaPeel said:

@LM2162 you give good advice, especially the short term goals thing. Catelynn lived her entire childhood lurching from crisis to crisis and has no ability to plan or think long term. She seemed so overwhelmed any time she was confronted with the prospect of a long term plan she had to create and execute whether it be school, parenting, or that damn pig (actual pig, not Tyler.) I would add to your list: burn the zebra hoodie! 

This makes me laugh because I too have a hideous hoodie that I like to wear around the house but certainly wouldn't wear it if a camera crew were there. New name for their next book? Catelynn and the hideous hoodie.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Rebecca said:

My feelings exactly.

Catelynn loves the cameras and all that it brings her just like Tyler. C&T have the cameras there for everything in their lives. This is when that quote from the Madonna Truth or Dare documentary by Warren Beatty fits in. When Madonna's doctor asks her if she wants their discussion to occur off camera, Madonna shakes her head no. Warren Beatty laughs and says, "She doesn't want to live off camera, much less talk. There's nothing to say off camera. Why would you say something off camera? There's no point in existing."  Just like Catelynn with Dr. Drew, her therapist *cough cough*, her wedding, her honeymoon in Hawaii, everything!

Speaking of Hawaii, I swear, I am so annoyed with people on this show who have no jobs and they are visiting Hawaii. My husband and I work hard and saved to go to such places as Hawaii. Farrah is the exception because she has several things going on outside of this show that put money into her pocket, as questionable as those endeavors may be.  She reminds me of that family on In Living Color. Forgot their name, but they had 25 jobs each. ha ha

Edited by SPLAIN
One too many periods at the end of my sentence.
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Speaking of Hawaii, I swear, I am so annoyed with people on this show who have no jobs and they are visiting Hawaii. My husband and I work hard and saved to go to such places as Hawaii. Farrah is the exception because she has several things going on outside of this show that put money into her pocket, as questionable as those endeavors may be.  She reminds me of that family on In Living Color. Forgot their name, but they had 25 jobs each. ha ha

The Headleys. They each had t'irt'een job, mon! 

• Love 8

Truthfully Catelynn and Tyler are uneducated and have no marketable skills to maintain the lifestyle they have achieved thru the MTV paycheck.  That must be scary to Cate.....in a few very short yrs they will have to sell their homes and Tyler's numerous vehicles just to survive... I'm sure Tyler will bail by then and his momma will support his ass and his decision.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Truthfully Catelynn and Tyler are uneducated and have no marketable skills to maintain the lifestyle they have achieved thru the MTV paycheck.  That must be scary to Cate.....in a few very short yrs they will have to sell their homes and Tyler's numerous vehicles just to survive... I'm sure Tyler will bail by then and his momma will support his ass and his decision.

How many of the Teen Moms does this apply to...it's the "where are they now" that I'm worried about.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

How many of the Teen Moms does this apply to...it's the "where are they now" that I'm worried about.

I think it's going to apply to all of them except Chelsea. Kail and Farrah might still be hustling, but I doubt either are going to make anywhere near the amount they are making now or adjust their spending accordingly.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

pretty sure they bought their houses with cash, and the cost of living is very cheap where they live. even a min wage job or rental income from the other house could probably get them by. I also havent seen them buy fancy cars, tho i could be wrong.

of all the people on this show C&T are probably the only ones who have lived reasonably. their lifestyle doesnt seem difficult to maintain at all. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, EDTV said:

pretty sure they bought their houses with cash, and the cost of living is very cheap where they live. even a min wage job or rental income from the other house could probably get them by. I also havent seen them buy fancy cars, tho i could be wrong.

of all the people on this show C&T are probably the only ones who have lived reasonably. their lifestyle doesnt seem difficult to maintain at all. 

Well, you'd think...especially since it was posted that the house they live in was purchased for $36K...which is not a very big check to write, comparatively and a couple of the TM2 girls have bought cars that were two or three times as much. But someone got a hold of the county records and the house is listed in the name of either a trust or a real estate company...now, granted, C&T could have created a trust and given it a name with no relation to their own names, for the sake of anonymity, but with these two...that just doesn't seem very likely.

On the rest of your post, I agree with as they drive modest cars and even though eating out every day isn't cheap, it would take a lot to burn through their incomes. Perhaps they chose not to buy a house not because they don't want to spend the money, but they aren't fully committed to staying in their area and want the flexibility of renting? Not sure, however, I do believe they are at least partially supporting a number of extended family members which does add up.

But they can't make this money last for tbe rest of their lives. They will need to get jobs some point.  But they have no skills and they are stupid so I don't know what they can do.  I think it's going to be difficult at age 35, 40, whatever, to get a job with zero work history.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, poopchute said:

But they can't make this money last for tbe rest of their lives. They will need to get jobs some point.  But they have no skills and they are stupid so I don't know what they can do.  I think it's going to be difficult at age 35, 40, whatever, to get a job with zero work history.

Agreed. They aren't living as large as some of the other girls, but the money will run out at some point.  What are they going to put on their resumes when they have to get a job? Being on a reality show, pot smoking and giving a child up for adoption are not skills that are going to get them jobs.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, poopchute said:

thats kinda mean spirited. very few people in this world could stop working in their mid 20's and be set for life. it's a given that they will have to work. but given their expenses and very low COL, even a min wage job by ONE of them would probably get them by.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, EDTV said:

thats kinda mean spirited. very few people in this world could stop working in their mid 20's and be set for life. it's a given that they will have to work. but given their expenses and very low COL, even a min wage job by ONE of them would probably get them by.

But they haven't even started working or have any plan for the future.  Most people, by their mid 20s, have been working for years, and many have an education on top of that.  So yes most people in their mid 20s aren't set for life if they stop working, but they have a plan for life.  They have job skills, a work history, a resume, a degree.  These two morons have no plan for what comes after the MTV money.  What jobs can they get?  What do they even say in an interview?  What could they put on a resume?  What skills do they have?  What do they offer an employer? I can't think of anything.  Why aren't they taking this time to lay the groundwork for when the show ends? They aren't doing anything.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, poopchute said:

But they haven't even started working or have any plan for the future.  Most people, by their mid 20s, have been working for years, and many have an education on top of that.  So yes most people in their mid 20s aren't set for life if they stop working, but they have a plan for life.  They have job skills, a work history, a resume, a degree.  These two morons have no plan for what comes after the MTV money.  What jobs can they get?  What do they even say in an interview?  What could they put on a resume?  What skills do they have?  What do they offer an employer? I can't think of anything.  Why aren't they taking this time to lay the groundwork for when the show ends? They aren't doing anything.

Duh. Working is for conformists. Or all the other idiots who haven't  traded their dignity for reality TV income.

• Love 5

Neither Cate nor Tyler is exceptionally bright, but Cate is very caring (could have been an aide, a daycare worker etc) and Tyler could have learned some sort of remodeling skill-- tiling, whatever--and had a business. Either one could have worked retail. It's not easy to get those jobs, though, especially in Michigan where the economy has tanked. You've got to have some sort of degree or skill/experience to stand out. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Duh. Working is for conformists. Or all the other idiots who haven't  traded their dignity for reality TV income.

"I can't be working nine to five, that's just not me! I'm a writer! I'm working on two books!" --- Paraphrasing Tyler like two seasons ago(?)

Don't worry, you won't have to work 9-5.  You'll largely be looking at second and third shift entry level jobs because you have no skills or experience. That's not an indictment of those jobs and the people who do them, but I am looking forward to you eating your words for shitting on people who DO work 9 - 5. Because you're making such a huuuuuuuge contribution to society at large. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, EDTV said:

They have four cars. Four cars for two people who don't even have jobs to drive to. Four cars for two people who spend their time sitting on their fat asses as they chat with their fans on social media. They sit around smoking pot, eating to their artery-clogged heart's content. They have four cars, but neither can bother to take their child out to the park or to any other activities that might interest them all as a family.

Do they own the first house? And they plan to rent it out? Dear lord. I can see a couple renting it and then having a house full of tweakers living there. That house will be trashed. Not that it wasn't already.

They have no jobs. Without MTV how will they pay for the following: 

pot

cigarette addiction

alcohol

fast food addiction

groceries

utilities

cable and internet

cell phone bills

pet food and pet necessities

vet care

gas for their four cars

car insurance for four cars

property taxes and homeowner's insurance on both homes

home repairs and maintenance

car repairs and maintenance

health insurance for three people

dental coverage for three people

clothes and necessities for Nova

supporting family members

Tyler's hair maintenance

What minimum wage job would hire two people who are under the influence of pot for most of the day? There are a lot of jobs that do drug testing simply because insurance companies demand it. One of my children was hired when she was 16 years old at a local music store. She had to submit to drug testing and there were tests done throughout the year.  Another of my children had a job at a local fast food place and they too had to submit to a drug test. Other places make an employee take a drug test if there is some kind of injury or accident that occurs during employment.

What job will these two ever acquire that doesn't require a drug test to be hired AND will allow them to sit on a couch all day long?

Per Tyler's own words he doesn't want a job. He doesn't want to conform to society. What does that leave as far as what kind of job he would do? Be a hair model?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

What minimum wage job would hire two people who are under the influence of pot for most of the day? There are a lot of jobs that do drug testing simply because insurance companies demand it.

There's any chance that the next administration reclassifies and legalizes marijuana across the board, but even if they do, these dopes still have no skills or experience with anything meaningful. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

There's any chance that the next administration reclassifies and legalizes marijuana across the board, but even if they do, these dopes still have no skills or experience with anything meaningful. 

Even if pot is legalized, that doesn't then make it right to drive under the influence, just like alcohol is legal, but one cannot be driving if they are impaired or have a certain blood alcohol level. Sorry, I know that is not where you were going with your comment.

Per your comment, agree. Tyler doesn't want to work. He has made that clear. Cate wants to stay at home. She has also made that clear. Who then will work? If push comes to shove and Tyler is forced to work, how will that work out if he is lucky to acquire a job? When one is forced to work after years of being enabled and being a lazy prick, they are not going to do well in the job market. I am sure many of us have dealt with co-workers who were slackers or didn't put in the hard work like the rest only to cause friction and irritation among the workplace. People like Tyler will call in sick constantly. They are lazy and force others to take up their slack. They think they are better than anyone else because their job is beneath them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

They have four cars. Four cars for two people who don't even have jobs to drive to. Four cars for two people who spend their time sitting on their fat asses as they chat with their fans on social media. They sit around smoking pot, eating to their artery-clogged heart's content. They have four cars, but neither can bother to take their child out to the park or to any other activities that might interest them all as a family.

Do they own the first house? And they plan to rent it out? Dear lord. I can see a couple renting it and then having a house full of tweakers living there. That house will be trashed. Not that it wasn't already.

They have no jobs. Without MTV how will they pay for the following: 

pot

cigarette addiction

alcohol

fast food addiction

groceries

utilities

cable and internet

cell phone bills

pet food and pet necessities

vet care

gas for their four cars

car insurance for four cars

property taxes and homeowner's insurance on both homes

home repairs and maintenance

car repairs and maintenance

health insurance for three people

dental coverage for three people

clothes and necessities for Nova

supporting family members

Tyler's hair maintenance

What minimum wage job would hire two people who are under the influence of pot for most of the day? There are a lot of jobs that do drug testing simply because insurance companies demand it. One of my children was hired when she was 16 years old at a local music store. She had to submit to drug testing and there were tests done throughout the year.  Another of my children had a job at a local fast food place and they too had to submit to a drug test. Other places make an employee take a drug test if there is some kind of injury or accident that occurs during employment.

What job will these two ever acquire that doesn't require a drug test to be hired AND will allow them to sit on a couch all day long?

Per Tyler's own words he doesn't want a job. He doesn't want to conform to society. What does that leave as far as what kind of job he would do? Be a hair model?

They own the first house. Butch and girlfriend are living there now. 

Four cars and I bet all this takeout we see is being delivered.  They're THAT lazy.

They'd need at least two min wage jobs to live.  House taxes and all utilities, car insurance, probably will have to pay for their own medical, food, takeout, pot, pigs- it all adds up.

Edited by Elizabeth9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

LOL at Ty-Ty being a hair model. Or that his hair maintenance must be a consideration in the household budget. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I recall Tyler driving a very expensive car at one point - I want to say it was a Cadillac? Red? Does that ring a bell for anyone? That was a number of years ago though. 

I don't think he has a red Cadilllac. He has two classic cars, one minivan, and then his daily car.  The red Caddy SUV is Amber's (really Matt's). 

20 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I recall Tyler driving a very expensive car at one point - I want to say it was a Cadillac? Red? Does that ring a bell for anyone? That was a number of years ago though. 

@CofCinci Yes, he was driving a brand new red Cadillac. Don't forget those ugly designer sunglasses he likes to sport and his bedazzled jeans.

They also have at least one gas guzzling SUV. Catelynn was also shown or photographed with a very expensive designer purse. I remember thinking how huge that purse was and wondered why she needed such a huge, expensive purse. Probably to carry her bong around.

Four vehicles, and nowhere to go.

Their homes may have not been pricey, but they were not new homes either. Older homes will have issues such as plumbing problems.

What are their expenses now? Someone can be pulling in lots of money, but it is their spending habits that dictate how comfortable they will or won't be in the long run.

There is another item that should be on their list of expenses - therapy. Then, Cate mentioned wanting more babies.

Tyler also bought his sister her new set of tits. Will a part-time minimum wage job pay for the upkeep? Excuse me while I go LMAO.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2

I will say that while I didn't ever find him personally attractive (too thin and young looking for me), I could see the appeal of him when he was younger. Fashion choices aside. But he was "cute". Now he is just pasty and doughy in the face. His hair gets more and more ridiculous. And his attitude ruins it all. 

• Love 6