Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

wo.png

Teen Mom OG’s Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra Applaud MTV for Firing Farrah Abraham

Teen Mom OG’s Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra Applaud MTV for Firing Farrah Abraham

By Emily Longeretta

Speaking out. Teen Mom OG‘s Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra sat down with Dr. Oz for a Teen Mom intervention episode, in which they discussed their relationship, their mental health struggles and their time on the MTV reality show. In Us Weekly’s exclusive sneak peek of the Thursday, July 12, episode of The Dr. Oz Show, the couple revealed how they feel about Farrah Abraham no longer being on the show because of her career in the adult entertainment industry.

“I think if it’s going against what MTV believes in and that’s what they feel like they had to do, then that’s what they feel like they have to do,” Catelynn, 26, explained when an audience member asked about the firing. “We have no choice in it or are a part of it.”

Tyler, 26, then added, “I think it’s great. I think it’s awesome. The way she decided to live, her lifestyle, it just doesn’t really mesh with the rest of the cast and what we’re trying to educate [audiences] about, it just doesn’t work. It doesn’t work very well together.” He also noted, “She’s not a really nice person to be around.”

Farrah, 37, cut all ties with the show after a confrontation with executive producer Morgan J. Freeman in October 2017. Morgan told the reality star that if she wanted to continue to work in the adult industry, she could no longer be part of MTV’s reality show. The conversation aired on an episode of Teen Mom OG in March. After that, they decided to part ways.

Catelynn and Tyler went on to commend MTV and Freeman for taking care of the situation the way they did. “We actually have a lot of respect and admiration for the way that our production company went and handled it. They kind of made a stand with a voice and it was a good way to get it heard,” Tyler said.

• Love 1

All I needed to see was those still shots from the Dr. Oz stuff.  Could Tyler be anymore drama queen?  Just those 2 shots posted here.  The overly hilarious laughter and the craning of the neck (whuuu?  Oh hell naw.  Dam sheena.)  But hey guys, he has 2 jobs and is a great parent.  And MH KEEP TALKING.  He is exhausting.  Bless his heart for trying but every grace I can give him for his fucked up sister and dad is cut back by this nonsense.  He really does think he is a celebrity.  Also, side note, as an adoptive parent myself, I’d have put a protection order against them long ago.  Thankfully I live in a closed adoption state (I did not go thru a private agency). But they will still find you (they did on SM).  Thankfully I have recourse.  Maybe some day I can open that line of communication but right now they damage they caused my kid is still too raw, and they will not own up to it nor get the therapy they need to heal (bad bad stuff.  Sexual and neglect issues, bio parents still in prison for it). 

• Love 16
(edited)
On 7/11/2018 at 5:57 PM, druzy said:

Tyler looks ( and can act) very feminine to me & catelynn looks like an old frumpy mom.  All that mtv money- get yer shit together geez

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 9
On 7/11/2018 at 12:58 PM, druzy said:

“I think it’s great. I think it’s awesome. The way she decided to live, her lifestyle, it just doesn’t really mesh with the rest of the cast

Why should it? You are REALITY ASSHOLES, not a fucking "cast". The hypocrisy of the two of them is staggering. #keeptalkingMH

• Love 10
On 2018-07-13 at 6:35 AM, ginger90 said:

PEOPLE article on Catelynn’s appearance on What Would You Do?

https://t.co/dn6Rz8jxTg?amp=1

And still using “adoption advocate”.

86E7DA0C-EC5A-4030-A67E-22720C49E4C7.jpeg

What a weird show!  I've heard of it but never watched it.  What is the point of it?  And what was the point of Catelynn's involvement?  She added nothing to discussion.  It was so strange!

• Love 5

Can they not with the “her lifestyle doesn’t jive with ours?” 

It’s actually quite common that single moms/teen parents are in the sex industry at some point, whether it’s stripping, camming, etc. It’s a lot more “realistic” if they’re actually trying to show the true fallout of teen pregnancy than showing a bunch of reality stars who parlay their fame into social media based careers, other reality TV appearances, and sponsorships. How many teen moms/dads is that going to happen to? I’m not sure what kind of education that gives people.

Also, your “lifestyle” is pretending that an obviously toxic marriage is good, preening, and harassing your biological child’s adoptive parents. What exactly do they think they do that’s so admirable? 

• Love 15

I frankly can't imagine them staying together forever by any means, so I wouldn't be surprised at any news about their breakup. It could be in a year, it could be next month, it could be five years from now, but I'm confident in saying it will happen. That's just not real love. 

• Love 12

I think Tyler has wanted out for years, but is afraid of looking like an asshole. Do you dump the girl who just had a miscarriage? The girl in rehab? The girl threatening suicide? She holds him hostage with her issues, and she knows he cares too much about how he looks. 

He WISHES She'd end it, But that codependent shrew would throw herself in his coffin in an effort not to lose him. 

He'll have to do it. He just will. 

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

How could everything be Tyler’s fault? Catelynn is a millstone of a partner. 

I don't think it means that everything is Tyler's fault, just that to some people, he will look like the bad guy if he breaks up with her - especially with all the issues she's dealing with currently. He's really conscious of his image as a good guy, and that would be tarnished if he broke up with her. If he does break up with her there will be plenty of people who think he was holding her back, he was always better than her, etc., though, so it shouldn't keep him down for long.

• Love 4
On 7/12/2018 at 1:44 PM, druzy said:

I'd say at least he acknowledges his life would be very different without the MTV money, which is something...but as to numbers one and two...ok, Ty Ty.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:04 AM, Lm2162 said:

Can they not with the “her lifestyle doesn’t jive with ours?” 

It’s actually quite common that single moms/teen parents are in the sex industry at some point, whether it’s stripping, camming, etc. It’s a lot more “realistic” if they’re actually trying to show the true fallout of teen pregnancy than showing a bunch of reality stars who parlay their fame into social media based careers, other reality TV appearances, and sponsorships. How many teen moms/dads is that going to happen to? I’m not sure what kind of education that gives people.

Preach! I've been screaming this ever since they brought OG back without Farrah at first and these girls (and Tyler) were on their high horses about it.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, citychic said:

He didn't write this. I saw it on my Pinterest last week and it wasn't credited to Tyler.

I wish someone would call him out on twitter!

• Love 6

So, what are our thoughts about this blind item from Enty Lawyer yesterday? 

Turns out that former stars on this MTV cable show are a wealth of knowledge about cast members still on the show. I'm not sure how this one slipped by Mr. X since he has his finger on the pulse of everything West Hollywood, but sure enough it happened. There was that closeted cast member from the now sprawling MTV show drunk while wearing a hat and sunglasses a little past midnight in Fiesta Cantina making out with a guy he had met on Grindr a few hours earlier. Since that last visit to LA, the other person in this couple has flown out to meet up with the MTV star multiple times on those weekends when the MTV star needs his personal space. Apparently the person who travels, used to work for a company that does business with a former star of the show who loves to drop hints that the story is coming just to f**k with the current MTV star.
MTV show: "Teen Mom"
Closeted cast member: Tyler Baltierra (Catelynn Lowell)
Former star of the show: Farrah Abraham

• Love 9